Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,262 members, 7,811,731 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:14 PM

10 Types Of People You'll Definitely Meet Travelling By Road As A Nigerian. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 10 Types Of People You'll Definitely Meet Travelling By Road As A Nigerian. (20407 Views)

Protest On Lagos-Ibadan Road As Truck Hits Stray Cows (Photos) / Lagos Abeokuta Express Road As At Yesterday (pictures) / Commuters Forced To Ride On Horses On Mile12 - Ikorodu Road As Traffic Worsens (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Types Of People You'll Definitely Meet Travelling By Road As A Nigerian. by Idamond: 7:07am On Dec 23, 2021
1. Seat grabbers: This ones are not preachers of love and they came prepared to fight. After you've settled into your seat, they'd come and tell you to stand up for them. If you don't, fight will start.

2. The sleeping machines: These ones cannot come and Kee themselves. The moment the car starts moving, they port to another universe.

3: The where are we now group: These ones behave like they've never travelled before, every five minutes they're asking you: Brother, please wia we dey now? We don reach Kafanchan? Shebi after Zaria we go enter Lagos?

4. The zealous prayer warriors: These ones don't smile, they're ever ready to give it to Satan hot hot. They'll speak in tongues from beginning to the end and sometimes even force all of you to join.

5. The gluttons: These ones don't want to hear that they got ulcer because of common travelling. So every chance they get they gauge their stomach well. They combine akpu with malt and garden egg then top it with sugarcane. Five minutes later, they're pricing chin chin and water melon.

6. The urinators: These one shout 'Driver stop!' every twenty minutes, then run into the bush to do the needful, they mostly belong to group

5. They are always offloading to create space for downloading.

7. The assistant drivers: Drivers pray every morning not to meet these ones. They'll never blink, their eyes are focused on the driver. If driver tries overtaking they shout and insult daylight out of him. Try overspeeding and they might even land you a knock. I love them.

8. Story tellers: These ones make the journey lively. Their mouths keep moving nonstop. They'll tell you what happened in their village in Adoka in 1967 and tell you how Adakole impregnated his uncle's neighbour's tenant, while you're still confused, they quickly move to tell you of their days serving in the military. Mostly old men.

9. The unconcer

add yours?
merry Christmas and a happy new year in advance.
safe journey to all travellers.

114 Likes 16 Shares

Re: 10 Types Of People You'll Definitely Meet Travelling By Road As A Nigerian. by Mood11: 7:38am On Dec 23, 2021
The ones that don't carry any laugage with them and will keep singing about how they flew in yesterday but just decided to go by road today because of air fare grin grin

Those that Carry bag of rice and the whole of Lagos to their village just to show that they made it this year and will be using it to inconvenience you that has just a backpack on you grin

Those that have some cash in mints that won't hesitate to open their purse wide so that you can see it each time they want to buy Plantain chips cheesy

Those that will be looking so new because everything on them is newly bought for the sole purpose of traveling for the season and will be looking at you as if you are inferior grin grin

124 Likes 9 Shares

Re: 10 Types Of People You'll Definitely Meet Travelling By Road As A Nigerian. by money121(m): 7:43am On Dec 23, 2021
Ok
Re: 10 Types Of People You'll Definitely Meet Travelling By Road As A Nigerian. by Tarzan360(m): 10:20am On Dec 23, 2021
Asking for a friend!!! Can the journey be complete without encountering (NPF) and Agberos

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Types Of People You'll Definitely Meet Travelling By Road As A Nigerian. by dettolgel: 10:20am On Dec 23, 2021
The bragging guy that wants to take style and slide into the fine girl sitting behind him, dm. Hahah

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Types Of People You'll Definitely Meet Travelling By Road As A Nigerian. by IKBARUTEN11(m): 10:21am On Dec 23, 2021
I met one that felt I'm responsible for her welfare throughout the journey

Meanwhile

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Types Of People You'll Definitely Meet Travelling By Road As A Nigerian. by godwinstringed1(m): 10:21am On Dec 23, 2021
embarassed
Re: 10 Types Of People You'll Definitely Meet Travelling By Road As A Nigerian. by DropsMic(m): 10:21am On Dec 23, 2021
7. The Vomitters (From car sickness)

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 10 Types Of People You'll Definitely Meet Travelling By Road As A Nigerian. by FalseProphet1(m): 10:22am On Dec 23, 2021
The vomiters...this ones sit at the back of the bus, and as the driver is bouncing on pot holes, they'll start vomiting.

The over Sabi... This ones know every corner and area from Lagos to Abakaliki, they know the names of every state and local government they will pass.

The ones that will put fear in you....just pray not to enter the same bus with these ones, they will tell you all the accidents and robberies that occurred on any area you reach, they'll tell you how a luxury bus plunged into the river killing everyone on board.

On the average, road traveling is very interesting, aside the insecurity, road travelling is fun.

61 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 10 Types Of People You'll Definitely Meet Travelling By Road As A Nigerian. by blowjohn(m): 10:22am On Dec 23, 2021
Those that start complaining about the country and expect u to join in the conversation about the way forward as if ur a former member of the house of representatives.

90 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 10 Types Of People You'll Definitely Meet Travelling By Road As A Nigerian. by cliqtips: 10:22am On Dec 23, 2021
Those that will buy & eat almost everything at every bus stop and later keep telling the driver to stop at every instance when they want to pee or do type 1.

Those that will start sleeping from the beginning of the journey. grin

Those that will want to engage you in their conversation even when you don't want to. grin

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 10 Types Of People You'll Definitely Meet Travelling By Road As A Nigerian. by obembet(f): 10:23am On Dec 23, 2021
cliqtips:
d

FalseProphet1:
sad

Edge1:
grin grin

Tarzan360:

money121:
Ok

Must you people comment? grin

9 Likes

Re: 10 Types Of People You'll Definitely Meet Travelling By Road As A Nigerian. by Mariezaza1(m): 10:23am On Dec 23, 2021
Are you idoma?

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 10 Types Of People You'll Definitely Meet Travelling By Road As A Nigerian. by Mophor: 10:23am On Dec 23, 2021
Issokay
Re: 10 Types Of People You'll Definitely Meet Travelling By Road As A Nigerian. by DabuIIIT: 10:24am On Dec 23, 2021
Benin passengers are the best,never a dull moment all the way...same goes with Ishan travellers. Last trip from Benin to ubiaja ,oh man...grin

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 Types Of People You'll Definitely Meet Travelling By Road As A Nigerian. by wizdomnzube(m): 10:24am On Dec 23, 2021
My type

The toasters... we dey toast all the fine fine babes for the motor but the moment we reach Ore, men go disappear because those toasted babes go dey expect us to pay for all the nonsense they buy cheesy

60 Likes 8 Shares

Re: 10 Types Of People You'll Definitely Meet Travelling By Road As A Nigerian. by Factfinder1(m): 10:24am On Dec 23, 2021
Nigerians and busy body

2 Likes

Re: 10 Types Of People You'll Definitely Meet Travelling By Road As A Nigerian. by Edge1(m): 10:24am On Dec 23, 2021
The ones that will swiftly find their life time partner inside bus. They will just gum-body without sending anybody grin

22 Likes

Re: 10 Types Of People You'll Definitely Meet Travelling By Road As A Nigerian. by visijo(m): 10:24am On Dec 23, 2021
The way this harmattan is moving, someone cannot even fake tears for heartbreak again, small water, tears don dry.�

28 Likes

Re: 10 Types Of People You'll Definitely Meet Travelling By Road As A Nigerian. by Admiral49(m): 10:24am On Dec 23, 2021
The ones that will not smile or talk with anybody throughout the journey.

54 Likes

Re: 10 Types Of People You'll Definitely Meet Travelling By Road As A Nigerian. by gambia(m): 10:25am On Dec 23, 2021
I prefer driving myself so i hardly experience all these.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Types Of People You'll Definitely Meet Travelling By Road As A Nigerian. by teresafaith: 10:25am On Dec 23, 2021
The talkertives
Always poknosing on things that's none of their business

4 Likes

Re: 10 Types Of People You'll Definitely Meet Travelling By Road As A Nigerian. by Nadaken: 10:25am On Dec 23, 2021
Those ones that would use every opportunity to tell you say them get motor for house but wan just use public transportation

Those ones that would keep receiving calls every 5minutes you go know their family history before una reach destination

Those ones when una go dey find to come enter motor after taking eat break especially at lokoja grin

DabuIIIT:
Benin passengers are the best,never a dull moment all the way...same goes with Ishan travellers. Last trip from Benin to ubiaja ,oh man...grin
Ishan travellers we dey here grin especially when you use comrade bus na family cruise

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Types Of People You'll Definitely Meet Travelling By Road As A Nigerian. by Kajaard: 10:26am On Dec 23, 2021
blowjohn:
Those that start complaining about the country and expect u to join in the conversation about the way forward as if ur a former member of the house of representatives.

In such situations having noise cancelling earphones or headphones is a blessing cheesy

8 Likes

Re: 10 Types Of People You'll Definitely Meet Travelling By Road As A Nigerian. by Mayannaic: 10:26am On Dec 23, 2021
DropsMic:
7. The Vomitters (From car sickness)

Omo, i dey vomit o grin,more reason why i hate long distance travel.

I believe I've stopped it sha, as its been long i embark on along distance travel.
Re: 10 Types Of People You'll Definitely Meet Travelling By Road As A Nigerian. by Nobody: 10:26am On Dec 23, 2021
So on point
Re: 10 Types Of People You'll Definitely Meet Travelling By Road As A Nigerian. by G0time: 10:27am On Dec 23, 2021
Very accurate

1 Like

Re: 10 Types Of People You'll Definitely Meet Travelling By Road As A Nigerian. by DropsMic(m): 10:27am On Dec 23, 2021
Mayannaic:

I jope ibe stopped this sha.

Any long distance travell

What's that?
Re: 10 Types Of People You'll Definitely Meet Travelling By Road As A Nigerian. by Sticooooooo(m): 10:27am On Dec 23, 2021
Those that can fart for Africa

1 Like

Re: 10 Types Of People You'll Definitely Meet Travelling By Road As A Nigerian. by Silentmoni(m): 10:27am On Dec 23, 2021
The toasters,there eyes rotates like clock 2find thier prey once they board d bus,they can go as far as pay cashier to put a fine lady next 2dem

14 Likes

Re: 10 Types Of People You'll Definitely Meet Travelling By Road As A Nigerian. by Kajaard: 10:27am On Dec 23, 2021
Admiral49:
The ones that will not smile or talk with anybody throughout the journey.

When I was still in school I was in this category. It's the best joor, just mind your business, put on your headphones and shut off the world. Other introverts like me can easily relate cool

35 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian immigration service website. / Aero Slashes Fares To N9,999k, To Run May 13th – 31st / Lokoja: Okada Man Crushed To Death By Lorry - Graphic Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.