Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,807 members, 7,817,343 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:37 AM

Codecademy Or Coursera, Which Is The Best For Online Learning? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Codecademy Or Coursera, Which Is The Best For Online Learning? (14543 Views)

Optimizing Your Website For Online Business Success (part 2) / Online Learning Platform Launch Otutors.com.ng / Which Data Plan Is Best For Bloggers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Codecademy Or Coursera, Which Is The Best For Online Learning? by sirjamesjnr(m): 6:45am On Dec 25, 2021
I started coding as fun, but I found out I have a deep interest in it. I have downloaded more than 74 videos that I use for my learning.
I also watch videos on data structure and algorithms. I will like to take a step further by enrolling in an online platform for more learning and to belong to a community. The Indian Guy suggested I enroll in Codecademy, while someone here on nairaland suggested Coursera.

Please I will like to know which of the two is the real deal and why. Also, where can I enroll for a physical internship either in Lagos or Abuja. Preferably a firm run by Chinese or Indian. I won't mind a Nigerian community provided I get what I am looking for. I can create time for the internship.

N/B. In my field(EEE( Embedded Systems)) I need deep knowledge of coding to create a niche.
Merry Christmas to this great family.

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Codecademy Or Coursera, Which Is The Best For Online Learning? by Frestuffng: 6:51am On Dec 25, 2021
I'll be thinking about it.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Codecademy Or Coursera, Which Is The Best For Online Learning? by Lalami3232(m): 11:39am On Dec 25, 2021
Both are good, even W3schools.
But I never used any of them because I prefer getting different books from different authors online, with that, my knowledge is broader and wider. If I no dey grasp the concepts, I go use the DOC of the language/framework instead of those coursera/w3school.
Udemy videos still make sense too but u no fit compare yourself wey use udemy videos to people wey read different books.
Why I dey always stand out from the multitude be say, I wan know how the stuffs dey work behind the scene, not just how E dey compile at runtime. Laslas, do whatever works for you sha.
If I tell people say NodeJS na C++ program wey dem embed for inside Google v8 engine, dem no go believe. For the young developer, no just limit yourself to one source of learning, get different resources, that one go make u know am very deep.

I don talk am before and I go talk am again, "Instead of you to truncate your life by doing yahoo/runs, go learn software development".

85 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Codecademy Or Coursera, Which Is The Best For Online Learning? by HonestFriend: 11:39am On Dec 25, 2021
Code academy is far better... And the fact that it's more practical base make it better..

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Codecademy Or Coursera, Which Is The Best For Online Learning? by amiibaby(f): 11:39am On Dec 25, 2021
Whichever
Re: Codecademy Or Coursera, Which Is The Best For Online Learning? by Muyiwaipere(m): 11:39am On Dec 25, 2021
Which one don give you job for shell
Re: Codecademy Or Coursera, Which Is The Best For Online Learning? by ify01: 11:40am On Dec 25, 2021
Let's see

So you're not on talkafric??

A forum for you to share experiences, connect with friends and course-mates , and discuss topics that matters to you. It's a forum for YOU to be able to freely express yourself and to talk openly about the issues that matter to you, even if some may disagree or find them objectionable.

You are welcome to share ideas. Exchange words. Discuss issues. Get informed. And stay connected with UofA !

Welcome home . . . �

Let's connect

Re: Codecademy Or Coursera, Which Is The Best For Online Learning? by TimeTraveller: 11:41am On Dec 25, 2021
ok
Re: Codecademy Or Coursera, Which Is The Best For Online Learning? by daroz(m): 11:41am On Dec 25, 2021
Udemy

5 Likes

Re: Codecademy Or Coursera, Which Is The Best For Online Learning? by dultraray: 11:41am On Dec 25, 2021
I personally love Coursera

4 Likes

Re: Codecademy Or Coursera, Which Is The Best For Online Learning? by Whynow(m): 11:41am On Dec 25, 2021
Coursera has alignments with some schools and even big organisations , and their certifications are also valued. Course contents are well organised

Codecademy , I haven't used .

I have used Udemy (python and SQL) , datacamp ( for refresher) .. Very much okay.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Codecademy Or Coursera, Which Is The Best For Online Learning? by Yankiss(m): 11:41am On Dec 25, 2021
This is like Greek to me. The person above me has better answers. If unsatisfied refer to the elders.

7 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Codecademy Or Coursera, Which Is The Best For Online Learning? by ProfAmaben(m): 11:41am On Dec 25, 2021
Text based learning is better than videos, so code academy is the best option.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Codecademy Or Coursera, Which Is The Best For Online Learning? by petsey(m): 11:41am On Dec 25, 2021
Go for code academy.
Re: Codecademy Or Coursera, Which Is The Best For Online Learning? by dedons: 11:42am On Dec 25, 2021
I use cousera
Re: Codecademy Or Coursera, Which Is The Best For Online Learning? by AFULA(m): 11:42am On Dec 25, 2021
Soil science and land resouces management

5 Likes

Re: Codecademy Or Coursera, Which Is The Best For Online Learning? by mayowascholar(m): 11:42am On Dec 25, 2021
Coursera
Re: Codecademy Or Coursera, Which Is The Best For Online Learning? by Frestuffng: 11:43am On Dec 25, 2021
both, ASAP

2 Likes

Re: Codecademy Or Coursera, Which Is The Best For Online Learning? by seguntravels009(m): 11:43am On Dec 25, 2021
Coursera.
Re: Codecademy Or Coursera, Which Is The Best For Online Learning? by mentor115: 11:43am On Dec 25, 2021
Codeacademy is good... Am a learner too on the platform is interesting to me... They start from scratch to bring you up.. Also is user friendly, you will enjoy enrolling on codacademy

3 Likes

Re: Codecademy Or Coursera, Which Is The Best For Online Learning? by ojun50(m): 11:43am On Dec 25, 2021
Happy birthday Jesus

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Codecademy Or Coursera, Which Is The Best For Online Learning? by DataWiz: 11:43am On Dec 25, 2021
Go for Coursera if you are into Business, Financial Management , Data Analytics, Digital Marketing plus you need a recognized certification from professionals with with curated contents. But for programming it's best you use codeacdemy

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Codecademy Or Coursera, Which Is The Best For Online Learning? by Whynow(m): 11:44am On Dec 25, 2021
Most of my learnings are on Udemy. They are running promo sales now. I think it ends today

2 Likes

Re: Codecademy Or Coursera, Which Is The Best For Online Learning? by cliqtips: 11:45am On Dec 25, 2021
J
Re: Codecademy Or Coursera, Which Is The Best For Online Learning? by EmmaLege: 11:45am On Dec 25, 2021
Coursera is 100

2 Likes

Re: Codecademy Or Coursera, Which Is The Best For Online Learning? by Cholls(m): 11:46am On Dec 25, 2021
My brother YouTube

12 Likes

Re: Codecademy Or Coursera, Which Is The Best For Online Learning? by Omniman(m): 11:46am On Dec 25, 2021
Both
Re: Codecademy Or Coursera, Which Is The Best For Online Learning? by jeffrey04(m): 11:46am On Dec 25, 2021
Try Udemy.
They have nice courses and affordable rates too
Re: Codecademy Or Coursera, Which Is The Best For Online Learning? by promisedeco(m): 11:46am On Dec 25, 2021
I'm not really sure. However, I think it all depends on you I.e how fast/good you can connect with the tutor(s) on the platforms.
Re: Codecademy Or Coursera, Which Is The Best For Online Learning? by jcent2611: 11:48am On Dec 25, 2021
whch one is cod ecademy...na coding course so....make nairaland itself explain...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Webmasters Introduce Yourself. / Mark Zuckerberg Says His Goal For 2018 Is To ‘fix’ Facebook / Bloggers How Much Do You Make A Month.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.