Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,473 members, 7,819,721 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:41 PM

I Finally Realized That School Is A Waste Of Time In Nigeria. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / I Finally Realized That School Is A Waste Of Time In Nigeria. (5348 Views)

I See Membership Of Alumni Whatsapp Groups As WASTE Of Time: Am I Wrong? / After having Said And Done, I Realized I Got 249 - Mmesoma Ejikeme / 7 Signs That School Is Not For You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Finally Realized That School Is A Waste Of Time In Nigeria. by Peaceyw(m): 8:56am On Dec 25, 2021
" School na scam" I always hear that sentence but I never understood the profoundities it carried within it. It came as a shocker to me when I realized that I was wasting my time focusing on my education. I will read hard and study hard to pass my exams but at the end of the day, I wouldn't make it into the top 15. Others that don't even attend lectures or even come for the exams will be way ahead of me that put effort into passing the so called exams. They just need to pay the people to go and write The exams for them, bribe lecturers and they are done. All they need to do is wait for result.
My advice to people getting admission in any Nigerian higher institution is to make money and just bribe all the lecturers and collect certificate and fûçk off. Don't waste your time like me. If you get into a university outside Nigeria, good for you. At least your efforts would not go to waste.
In school this days in Nigeria, all academic and non academic staff are just out for your money. I paid school fees and I wanted to stamp it, I had to buy 500 card for the bursar. Mine Is even better, my friend told me he paid 5000 naira. I went to HOD office to submit my file, she collected money from everyone. Without paying her, she would not answer you for a job she is receiving salary for.
An exam was coming up, a very hard course, I studied for hours so as not to get carry over, that same morning before the exams, some girls already saw the question and solved everything. It was later confirmed that the lecturer gave it to the.. Good riddance, that lecturer is now on probation for threatening a girl with carryover if she didn't sleep with him. Bastard man.
School na confirm scam, young men should focus on making money instead.

P.S: That I gave an advice doesn't mean you should follow it. Do what rocks your boat.

Thanks.

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Finally Realized That School Is A Waste Of Time In Nigeria. by Mbee247(m): 9:04am On Dec 25, 2021
Peaceyw:
" School na scam" I always hear that sentence but I never understood the profoundities it carried within it. It came as a shocker to me when I realized that I was wasting my time focusing on my education. I will read hard and study hard to pass my exams but at the end of the day, I wouldn't make it into the top 15. Others that don't even attend lectures or even come for the exams will be way ahead of me that put effort into passing the so called exams. They just need to pay the people to go and write The exams for them, bribe lecturers and they are done. All they need to do is wait for result.
My advice to people getting admission in any Nigerian higher institution is to make money and just bribe all the lecturers and collect certificate and fûçk off. Don't waste your time like me. If you get into a university outside Nigeria, good for you. At least your efforts would not go to waste.
In school this days in Nigeria, all academic and non academic staff are just out for your money. I paid school fees and I wanted to stamp it, I had to buy 500 card for the bursar. Mine Is even better, my friend told me he paid 5000 naira. I went to HOD office to submit my file, she collected money from everyone. Without paying her, she would not answer you for a job she is receiving salary for.
An exam was coming up, a very hard course, I studied for hours so as not to get carry over, that same morning before the exams, some girls already saw the question and solved everything. It was later confirmed that the lecturer gave it to the.. Good riddance, that lecturer is now on probation for threatening a girl with carryover if she didn't sleep with him. Bastard man.

P.S: That I gave an advice doesn't mean you should follow it. Do what rocks your boat.

Thanks.

You voiced out from a place of anger as the things you said got me emotional and crying for people that may likely follow suite.

What a pity!

8 Likes

Re: I Finally Realized That School Is A Waste Of Time In Nigeria. by cherishmichael: 9:04am On Dec 25, 2021
My brother same experience with me here oo!!

3 Likes

Re: I Finally Realized That School Is A Waste Of Time In Nigeria. by samwash(m): 9:17am On Dec 25, 2021
School na scam for Nigera, making some of our youth a duller, then we find ourself in governce tomorrow, then we embarrasse ourselves before the international community because those that are in power lacks knowledge.
Education is far from getting a paper degree & being employed & earnng salary.
Funny enough, the best we can offer from what we have aquired in school is to use it for negative devices.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Finally Realized That School Is A Waste Of Time In Nigeria. by Kingsleyebere(m): 10:22am On Dec 25, 2021
[quote author=samwash post=108797280]School na scam for Nigera, making some of our youth a duller, then we find ourself in governce tomorrow, then we embarrasse ourselves before the international community because those that are in power lacks knowledge.
Education is far from getting a paper degree & being employed & earnng salary.
Funny enough, the best we can offer from what we have aquired in school is to use it for negative devices.Nonsense!! u can't even spell governance correctly
Re: I Finally Realized That School Is A Waste Of Time In Nigeria. by samwash(m): 10:39am On Dec 25, 2021
[quote author=Kingsleyebere post=108799013][/quote]

Foolishness is when you can't qoute me correctly.
Re: I Finally Realized That School Is A Waste Of Time In Nigeria. by iyke484real(m): 10:57am On Dec 25, 2021
Peaceyw:

Thanks.
The premises with which you arrived at your "school na scam" conclusion is seriously lacking in correlation... Your argument doesn't really validate your conclusion.

Look for a better caption something like ; schooling in Nigeria is an error or a mess...or education in the country is corroded or messed up... rather than making a holistic condermnation of the idea of going to school.

22 Likes

Re: I Finally Realized That School Is A Waste Of Time In Nigeria. by juniorstar(m): 11:23am On Dec 25, 2021
Peaceyw:

Thanks.
School is meant to make you think outside the box...but you could be lost in the euphoria of la cram la pour..its very easy to join that rat race and lose your very essence. While in school develop a thought/idea that is yours and find like minded ppl to bring it to fruition and you wont be looking for job..you will be a creator of jobs.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Finally Realized That School Is A Waste Of Time In Nigeria. by Saskay44: 12:46pm On Dec 25, 2021
Buhari issa ssce holder waytin u expect

2 Likes

Re: I Finally Realized That School Is A Waste Of Time In Nigeria. by BluntTheApostle(m): 1:12pm On Dec 25, 2021
Peaceyw:

Thanks.

At least, you are reading.

I am sure you have learned many things in school. You have also garnered experience.

That means that school is neither a waste of time nor a scam.

Leave all those people buying marks. Concentrate on making the most of your own education.

We don't all go to school with the same purpose.

Some people go to acquire new experience. Degrees are a plus for people like this.

Some people go just to have the certificate (they call it kpali). These people are not there to acquire new knowledge, or to get educated. They just want the kpali. It is people like these ones that willingly pay for marks or sleep with lecturers for marks.

Then, there are the people who want to make a certain class of degrees. Some want First Class or at least Second Class Upper. Sometimes, these ones may miss out on acquiring real-world experience as all they want is First Class or Second Class Upper.

So, what do you want from school? Education? Just the degree? Class of degree? Or both education and class of degree?

1 Like

Re: I Finally Realized That School Is A Waste Of Time In Nigeria. by Ekehwinz: 1:29pm On Dec 25, 2021
When I know say school na pure scam and waste of time in Nigeria was when my dept slashed our result, that it was not accepted by the faculty with reason being that there were too much 2:1, the result graph is not balanced bla bla. They had to pack 2:2 give everyone, very few 2:1. Wanted to protest but a senior lecturer told us that the Senate can't resit on an already approved result.

Na then I know say dem don scam me koroko

5 Likes

Re: I Finally Realized That School Is A Waste Of Time In Nigeria. by Bankalert(m): 1:29pm On Dec 25, 2021
Mumu....Nigeria offers people like you cheap education, yet you complain. If they increase school fees, you complain. School in nigeria is scam yet school abroad is not?

2 Likes

Re: I Finally Realized That School Is A Waste Of Time In Nigeria. by Mide1data: 1:41pm On Dec 25, 2021
HOLY SHIT

School is not a scam, all we are suffering 4rom in 9ja is bad governance and tribalism. If we 4get which tribe we came from, come together, choose and vote a credible leader.
9JA would be the best.

WHAT DA BLEEP IS HAPPENING

2 Likes

Re: I Finally Realized That School Is A Waste Of Time In Nigeria. by Nobody: 1:46pm On Dec 25, 2021
This one is still a toddler to what life is...

2 Likes

Re: I Finally Realized That School Is A Waste Of Time In Nigeria. by Friend22(m): 4:27pm On Dec 25, 2021
Peaceyw:

Thanks.

You think getting education is all about siting and studying till your backside goes flat to pass an exam.
When real education starts from wanting to be aware,know improve yourself with infimatuonat your disposal inspite of the torrents of discouraging feedbacks from fellow students.

You need serious counselling.

You think schooling is scam.
You've not seen anything in life yet.

Those girls paying with their bodies and money are inky extending Doom's day and know that everything has its time.

What your get through your sweet is more precious and has more blessings than the one your ersn through doing the wrong thing.
They can keep bribing their way,but when the real test comes we shall see who is who.

1 Like

Re: I Finally Realized That School Is A Waste Of Time In Nigeria. by Conner44: 4:50pm On Dec 25, 2021
You feel gaining knowledge is expensive ?
Then just Try being ignorant undecided

There’s a reason why you can go to school even as a grand parent wink

Wisdom is all that’s need
Re: I Finally Realized That School Is A Waste Of Time In Nigeria. by Styluss: 5:07pm On Dec 25, 2021
Peaceyw:
" School na scam" I always hear that sentence but I never understood the profoundities it carried within it. It came as a

Thanks.
School is scam but merit still exists and

1 Like

Re: I Finally Realized That School Is A Waste Of Time In Nigeria. by arthurwillia(m): 5:20pm On Dec 25, 2021
Peaceyw:

Thanks.

School na scam but they should bribe and collect certificate. You be dodoyo op
Re: I Finally Realized That School Is A Waste Of Time In Nigeria. by bularuz(m): 5:28pm On Dec 25, 2021
It depends, as you said corruption is massive in Nigeria and the educational sector is no different so much so you can buy a certificate without writing exams even in plain sight, ASUU, sex/money for marks etc, but it shouldn't stop you from getting real education and knowledge.
Re: I Finally Realized That School Is A Waste Of Time In Nigeria. by Piptocoin: 5:40pm On Dec 25, 2021
Op, believe me when I say I feel your pain and have been seriously tempted many times in the past to adopt this opinion. Nigerian schools are not a fertile ground for the development of the academic mind....(not categorically including all Nigerian universities).

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Finally Realized That School Is A Waste Of Time In Nigeria. by heniford2: 5:44pm On Dec 25, 2021
You woke up early grin
Re: I Finally Realized That School Is A Waste Of Time In Nigeria. by shortgun(m): 5:44pm On Dec 25, 2021
Name the school
Name the lecturers
Re: I Finally Realized That School Is A Waste Of Time In Nigeria. by benzion72(m): 6:25pm On Dec 25, 2021
Wrong assertion from warped mind. It will dawn on you that to work in corporate organization there examination conducted by JAMB. And you have sound oral interview. Those going scam way can only work in civil service but there is still room for the best. Don't be deceived
Re: I Finally Realized That School Is A Waste Of Time In Nigeria. by Nobody: 7:09pm On Dec 25, 2021
ok Boy,try ignorance
Re: I Finally Realized That School Is A Waste Of Time In Nigeria. by Donpenny(m): 7:30pm On Dec 25, 2021
Ekehwinz:
When I know say school na pure scam and waste of time in Nigeria was when my dept slashed our result, that it was not accepted by the faculty with reason being that there were too much 2:1, the result graph is not balanced bla bla. They had to pack 2:2 give everyone, very few 2:1. Wanted to protest but a senior lecturer told us that the Senate can't resit on an already approved result.

Na then I know say dem don scam me koroko
and now the few connected one that probably use whatever that have to bribe their way out will now be calling the rest with lesser grade dullard and unserious. Unfortunately, this how 97% of people with the almighty 2:1 frm 9ja unis got their certificate. And Employers of labour believe certificate is a test of knowledge, one of the reason why people bribe their way out sch when they knw their hard work won't get them what they want from corrupt system
Re: I Finally Realized That School Is A Waste Of Time In Nigeria. by collins0032(m): 7:37pm On Dec 25, 2021
Buy & Sell BITCOIN, CashApp, Zelle, Payoneer, GiftCards, Access bank dollars and more @ RidimitExchange…
[url=ns2.ridimit.com]Click here[/url] or the Link in my signature for more...

Re: I Finally Realized That School Is A Waste Of Time In Nigeria. by IncredibleWrite: 7:56pm On Dec 25, 2021
Donpenny:
and now the few connected one that probably use whatever that have to bribe their way out will now be calling the rest with lesser grade dullard and unserious. Unfortunately, this how 97% of people with the almighty 2:1 frm 9ja unis got their certificate. And Employers of labour believe certificate is a test of knowledge, one of the reason why people bribe their way out sch when they knw their hard work won't get them what they want from corrupt system
97%?? Lol, this one must be a pained Third class grad. I and majority of people I know from my school earned our 2.1.

@OP anther huge factor is the institution you attend. I agree the standards are going down in general but it is worse in some schools.

Imagine my sister calling me to request sorting money. Said the lecturer threatened that if they don't sort, they will all fail.

I quickly chided her to read her books and go write her exams. Never sorted any course and won't be sending money to give to any pot-bellied fool.

She's leaving that crappy school after her ND to do Direct Entry into a sound University.

Go to nice, reputable Universities and you will have fewer of these complaints.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Finally Realized That School Is A Waste Of Time In Nigeria. by Karleb(m): 8:35pm On Dec 25, 2021
To be frank, school is a waste of time but education is the main thing.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Finally Realized That School Is A Waste Of Time In Nigeria. by joinnow: 8:38pm On Dec 25, 2021
Peaceyw:

Thanks.
Not only you
Tesla CEO, Elon Musk, prefers homeschooling/unschooling his kids because he thinks traditional schools do not teach problem-solving.
Re: I Finally Realized That School Is A Waste Of Time In Nigeria. by SmartIncomeNg(m): 8:45pm On Dec 25, 2021
School na scam...that you have experienced some bad events...does not make all the activities in the school scam...

The learning some of us will get from school...is all that will change our lives

1 Like

Re: I Finally Realized That School Is A Waste Of Time In Nigeria. by Slayar: 8:48pm On Dec 25, 2021
When I said it the other time,some folks went to war with me over the statement. You can learn anything that's important to you on YouTube and other mediums.

1 Like

Re: I Finally Realized That School Is A Waste Of Time In Nigeria. by olaridwan(m): 8:57pm On Dec 25, 2021
As in i use to feel like i should have learnt this my furniture making instead of going to school self... I felt i wasted my time in sch... School na biggest scam

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

LASU Senate Suspends Student Union Activities Indefinitely / 2013 Shell Scholarship Application Is Now Open For Nigeria University Students / A Friend Got A Disappointing Reply After Applying For A Foreign program abroad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.