Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,865 members, 7,810,294 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:07 AM

I Finally Realized That School Is A Waste Of Time In Nigeria. - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / I Finally Realized That School Is A Waste Of Time In Nigeria. (5314 Views)

I See Membership Of Alumni Whatsapp Groups As WASTE Of Time: Am I Wrong? / After having Said And Done, I Realized I Got 249 - Mmesoma Ejikeme / 7 Signs That School Is Not For You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Finally Realized That School Is A Waste Of Time In Nigeria. by alphaNomega: 8:59pm On Dec 25, 2021
School is not a scam. Please you need education

With the volume of nonsense that gets uploaded on the internet daily, how would you be able to filter right from wrong when you are not educated?

Is it when you read EMILO2STAY's post that HIV is not real and cannot be transmitted via unprotected sexual intercourse, you now get infected?

Please school is not a scam. Get educated.
Re: I Finally Realized That School Is A Waste Of Time In Nigeria. by fkj950ax(m): 9:16pm On Dec 25, 2021
Peaceyw:
" School na scam".

The fact that you misunderstood the difference between going to school and getting an education is where you veered off course.

A school is simply a place where you get access to an education. Attending one doesn't mean you will automatically be educated, but its more of what you do with the access personally that counts.

You may think it's a waste of time and others cheat the system while in school and perform better than you, but you better not be among those without an education in future. Things will be tough for you.

There are stories of people with no education or those that cheated all through school being successful in life, but that number is 2 out of every 1000. The probability you will be one of that 2 is slim. That's a chance you don't want to take.

Get an education, and do whatever you want to do in life afterwards. Dont even bother to get the certificate after graduating. But the things an education gives you will be important in life as you do things.

1 Like

Re: I Finally Realized That School Is A Waste Of Time In Nigeria. by wiseone28: 9:18pm On Dec 25, 2021
I support op 200% those wey no go school will doubt you

3 Likes

Re: I Finally Realized That School Is A Waste Of Time In Nigeria. by wiseone28: 9:22pm On Dec 25, 2021
alphaNomega:
School is not a scam. Please you need education

With the volume of nonsense that gets uploaded on the internet daily, how would you be able to filter right from wrong when you are not educated?

Is it when you read EMILO2STAY's post that HIV is not real and cannot be transmitted via unprotected sexual intercourse, you now get infected?

Please school is not a scam. Get educated.
When he said school is a scam doesn't mean you shouldn't learn how to read and write..

He is talking about the stress and the years you wasted to go to school at the end of the day no job and those that didn't further after ss3 are now Bosses of their business, while you with your degree is searching for job at 30 or driving keke just to make ends meet.

2 Likes

Re: I Finally Realized That School Is A Waste Of Time In Nigeria. by Peaceyw(m): 9:25pm On Dec 25, 2021
Note: I think I need to make this clear. When I said school na scam, I meant in most Nigerian school. I didn't say education is a scam, education is very important. You don't need to go to college to get education. You can get educated without schooling. I take my education serious a lot because I an aware of the sacrifice my family made for me to be able to type on the internet. Education is important but where you get educated is equally important and what you get to know is also important. Don't misinterpret my words.

2 Likes

Re: I Finally Realized That School Is A Waste Of Time In Nigeria. by Demigod22: 9:29pm On Dec 25, 2021
Getting a degree doesn't make you escape poverty, you only escape illiteracy. As Nigerians, rather, students, we should understand that going to school is not an automatic way of getting employed, you go there to gain knowledge. What you do with the knowledge gained after school is what determine your economic growth.

You started your write up by describing yourself as someone that read, but from the way you vent your anger, it's obvious that your school doesn't have impact on your reasoning. You can be educated and still stupid, it's a choice. I will not problem graduates because the government is not providing funds, security and enabling environment for youths to explore their dreams, but people like you, with this mindset is dangerous.

School is not a scam, it is your government that is scamming you.

2 Likes

Re: I Finally Realized That School Is A Waste Of Time In Nigeria. by alphaNomega: 11:06pm On Dec 25, 2021
wiseone28:
When he said school is a scam doesn't mean you shouldn't learn how to read and write..

He is talking about the stress and the years you wasted to go to school at the end of the day no job and those that didn't further after ss3 are now Bosses of their business, while you with your degree is searching for job at 30 or driving keke just to make ends meet.

There are folks that went further than SS3 level education and still run their businesses successfully.

Knowing how to read and write is not enough.

Have you read emilo2stay's post on HIV? You have people questioning the authenticity and even agreeing to the misinformation he put up there. This would not happen if those posters were properly educated. They know how to read and write, yet cannot distinguish harmful information from authentic ones.
Re: I Finally Realized That School Is A Waste Of Time In Nigeria. by Donpenny(m): 12:03am On Dec 26, 2021
IncredibleWrite:
97%?? Lol, this one must be a pained Third class grad. I and majority of people I know from my school earned our 2.1.

@OP anther huge factor is the institution you attend. I agree the standards are going down in general but it is worse in some schools.

Imagine my sister calling me to request sorting money. Said the lecturer threatened that if they don't sort, they will all fail.

I quickly chided her to read her books and go write her exams. Never sorted any course and won't be sending money to give to any pot-bellied fool.

She's leaving that crappy school after her ND to do Direct Entry into a sound University.

Go to nice, reputable Universities and you will have fewer of these complaints.

i really don't have that kind of energy for negetive and myopic people like you whose major achievement in life is their grade. So, when i wrote 97% of 2:1 sort their self through while in sch simply mean am a pained third class graduate. Well, a faceless forum like this gave you a platform to display your gullibility. I went through your timeline and discovered you're just a jobless copywriter with your 2:1. Poor mind
Re: I Finally Realized That School Is A Waste Of Time In Nigeria. by ObaOfUyo: 12:25am On Dec 26, 2021
Donpenny:
i really don't have that kind of energy for negetive and myopic people like you whose major achievement in life is their grade. So, when i wrote 97% of 2:1 sort their self through while in sch simply mean am a pained third class graduate. Well, a faceless forum like this gave you a platform to display your gullibility. I went through your timeline and discovered you're just a jobless copywriter with your 2:1. Poor mind

Hold your fire, I say again, do not fire!!!!
Re: I Finally Realized That School Is A Waste Of Time In Nigeria. by walexsho(m): 1:21am On Dec 26, 2021
The common slogan nowadays is that think of what you can do for the government and not what the government can do when it is obvious the economy is so bad that the few Entrepreneurs are struggling to survive.
If a Certificate will end up useless why then waste time and money in acquiring it even when it is too expensive.You Finish NYSC and they tell you to go and learn Shoemaking, Tailoring etc. They tell you there is no Job out there. If we don't call this a scam, Please which other name should be given to this.

2 Likes

Re: I Finally Realized That School Is A Waste Of Time In Nigeria. by seanwilliam(m): 3:40am On Dec 26, 2021
walexsho:
The common slogan nowadays is that think of what you can do for the government and not what the government can do when it is obvious the economy is so bad that the few Entrepreneurs are struggling to survive.
If a Certificate will end up useless why then waste time and money in acquiring it even when it is too expensive.You Finish NYSC and they tell you to go and learn Shoemaking, Tailoring etc. They tell you there is no Job out there. If we don't call this a scam, Please which other name should be given to this.

one of the most heartbreaking things to me is when I hear people advising a graduate who suffered for years , toiled day and night to acquire the certificate to go and learn barbing, plumbing etc.. some will even say he’s lazy, he can’t think out of the box bla bla, how can you say that a person who suffered for 4 or 5 good years to get a certificate is lazy ? Why does he need to go and learn craft again before he can put food on his table ? What’s the essence of his suffering in school ? What’s the usefulness ?..
Education is not a scam, but going to school in Nigeria is.

3 Likes

Re: I Finally Realized That School Is A Waste Of Time In Nigeria. by Nicepoker(m): 6:32am On Dec 26, 2021
Another rubbish thread.
Re: I Finally Realized That School Is A Waste Of Time In Nigeria. by Femi619: 6:35am On Dec 26, 2021
Please who knows Emshood planet bar in Lagos... please it's urgent
Re: I Finally Realized That School Is A Waste Of Time In Nigeria. by alphaNomega: 7:20am On Dec 26, 2021
Please school is not a waste of time. Some of the knowledge you get from school can not be acquired anywhere else.

Unless you don't know how to benefit from such knowledge.
Re: I Finally Realized That School Is A Waste Of Time In Nigeria. by EMILO2STAY(m): 7:26am On Dec 26, 2021
alphaNomega:

There are folks that went further than SS3 level education and still run their businesses successfully.

Knowing how to read and write is not enough.

Have you read emilo2stay's post on HIV? You have people questioning the authenticity and even agreeing to the misinformation he put up there. This would not happen if those posters were properly educated. They know how to read and write, yet cannot distinguish harmful information from authentic ones.
my post on HIV has nothing to do with this pls don't me again.
Re: I Finally Realized That School Is A Waste Of Time In Nigeria. by alphaNomega: 7:33am On Dec 26, 2021
EMILO2STAY:
my post on HIV has nothing to do with this pls don't me again.

It has because you are spreading misinformation and someone who is not properly educated is going to be misled.

Stop spreading wrong information.

1 Like

Re: I Finally Realized That School Is A Waste Of Time In Nigeria. by Vipro(m): 7:34am On Dec 26, 2021
@Lalasticlala
Re: I Finally Realized That School Is A Waste Of Time In Nigeria. by EMILO2STAY(m): 7:38am On Dec 26, 2021
alphaNomega:

It has because you are spreading misinformation and someone who is not properly educated is going to be misled.

Stop spreading wrong information.
prove me wrong , please show me that I am spreading misinformation and let us gauge your educational level.
Re: I Finally Realized That School Is A Waste Of Time In Nigeria. by RoyalBoutique(m): 7:56am On Dec 26, 2021
iyke484real:
The premises with which you arrived at your "school na scam" conclusion is seriously lacking in correlation... Your argument doesn't really validate your conclusion.

Look for a better caption something like ; schooling in Nigeria is an error or a mess...or education in the country is corroded or messed up... rather than making a holistic condermnation of the idea of going to school.

The topic doesn't have to relate to the article.

That's the main point of school being a scam.

We got get taught anything reasonable.
Re: I Finally Realized That School Is A Waste Of Time In Nigeria. by Slayar: 8:37am On Dec 26, 2021
IncredibleWrite:
97%?? Lol, this one must be a pained Third class grad. I and majority of people I know from my school earned our 2.1.

@OP anther huge factor is the institution you attend. I agree the standards are going down in general but it is worse in some schools.

Imagine my sister calling me to request sorting money. Said the lecturer threatened that if they don't sort, they will all fail.

I quickly chided her to read her books and go write her exams. Never sorted any course and won't be sending money to give to any pot-bellied fool.

She's leaving that crappy school after her ND to do Direct Entry into a sound University.

Lol,You can't reason past your 2.1
Re: I Finally Realized That School Is A Waste Of Time In Nigeria. by BluntTheApostle(m): 9:48am On Dec 26, 2021
IncredibleWrite:

It is usually popular in polytechnics, not universities.

I mean the audacity of lecturers in polytechnics is hardly ever tolerated in universities, especially federal universities

1 Like

Re: I Finally Realized That School Is A Waste Of Time In Nigeria. by Donpenny(m): 10:20am On Dec 26, 2021
ObaOfUyo:

Hold your fire, I say again, do not fire!!!!
Copy that commander!!
Re: I Finally Realized That School Is A Waste Of Time In Nigeria. by alphaNomega: 12:26pm On Dec 26, 2021
EMILO2STAY:
prove me wrong , please show me that I am spreading misinformation and let us gauge your educational level.

Oga, you have already proven yourself wrong with everything you've written about HIV. It shows you do not know what HIV is or you are trying to get many people infected like you
Re: I Finally Realized That School Is A Waste Of Time In Nigeria. by EMILO2STAY(m): 12:32pm On Dec 26, 2021
alphaNomega:

Oga, you have already proven yourself wrong with everything you've written about HIV. It shows you do not know what HIV is or you are trying to get many people infected like you
you have really activated the idiocy in you so pls stay off my mention.
Re: I Finally Realized That School Is A Waste Of Time In Nigeria. by IncredibleWrite: 1:28pm On Dec 26, 2021
Donpenny:
Lol sorry to disappoint you. True. When I first created this account, I was a "jobless" but HARDWORKING Copywriter who was jostling for jobs on Nairaland.

Fast forward to today? I've worked with expatriates at the ports in Lagos before deciding to work from home as same "jobless" Copywriter.

That Jobless Copywriter has today, stopped working with Nigerians. I've worked with and still working with reputable companies and brands in the USA, UK, Canada, Australia, etc.

And you are the gullible one here who thinks he can come to a faceless forum to make illogical statements and expect not to be tackled.

The 97% man whose only achievement is his 3rd class grin
Re: I Finally Realized That School Is A Waste Of Time In Nigeria. by IncredibleWrite: 1:31pm On Dec 26, 2021
Slayar:

Lol,You can't reason past your 2.1
Lol another fallacy - "all people with 2.1 can't reason past their grades" grin

Let me put it to you; I have never used my cert directly since I got it. But people should stop talking down on excellence. If it was easy, every dick and harry (including you) would get it.

Now run along.
Re: I Finally Realized That School Is A Waste Of Time In Nigeria. by IncredibleWrite: 1:34pm On Dec 26, 2021
BluntTheApostle:

It is usually popular in polytechnics, not universities.

I mean the audacity of lecturers in polytechnics is hardly ever tolerated in universities, especially federal universities

Exactly! Polytechnics and state Universities.

I attended one of the First Generation Federal Universities and at least there's still some honor there.

These things are not unheard of, but they are rare and happen in secret.
Re: I Finally Realized That School Is A Waste Of Time In Nigeria. by alphaNomega: 2:01pm On Dec 26, 2021
EMILO2STAY:
you have really activated the idiocy in you so pls stay off my mention.

I have warned you. If you keep spreading wrong information, you better hope I don't see it because I will call you out.

If you are intentionally misleading other readers on this forum, then you must be a malicious fellow who must be avoided and ignored.
Re: I Finally Realized That School Is A Waste Of Time In Nigeria. by Donpenny(m): 4:04pm On Dec 26, 2021
IncredibleWrite:
Lol sorry to disappoint you. True. When I first created this account, I was a "jobless" but HARDWORKING Copywriter who was jostling for jobs on Nairaland.

Fast forward to today? I've worked with expatriates at the ports in Lagos before deciding to work from home as same "jobless" Copywriter.

That Jobless Copywriter has today, stopped working with Nigerians. I've worked with and still working with reputable companies and borands in the USA, UK, Canada, Australia, etc.

And you are the gullible one here who thinks he can come to a faceless forum to make illogical statements and expect not to be tackled.

The 97% man whose only achievement is his 3rd class grin
you sounds so unintelligent i swear. What makes you think you are the only one working as a freelancer? Your niche would even make you poorer because is over saturated. You don't even have a good marketable skill yet and here you are thinking you have made it in life because you have 2:1 with your cram and pour. Instead of you to concentrate your energy and focus on a skill that would earn you a better life, you're here claiming local champion from one glorified secondary sch. And the worse thing is that you're getting older daily. I pity your small mind. You see, am just advising you before poverty finish you with that your dirty coat you wear daily doing copywriting around like a wanderer
Re: I Finally Realized That School Is A Waste Of Time In Nigeria. by EMILO2STAY(m): 4:37pm On Dec 26, 2021
alphaNomega:

I have warned you. If you keep spreading wrong information, you better hope I don't see it because I will call you out.

If you are intentionally misleading other readers on this forum, then you must be a malicious fellow who must be avoided and ignored.
when you do please prove me wrong otherwise you are wasting your time.
Re: I Finally Realized That School Is A Waste Of Time In Nigeria. by IncredibleWrite: 5:39pm On Dec 26, 2021
Donpenny:
you sounds so unintelligent i swear. What makes you think you are the only one working as a freelancer? Your niche would even make you poorer because is over saturated. You don't even have a good marketable skill yet and here you are thinking you have made it in life because you have 2:1 with your cram and pull. Instead of you to concentrate your energy and focus on a skill that would earn you a better life, you're here claiming local champion from one glorified secondary sch. And the worse thing is that you're getting older daily. I pity your small mind. You see, am just advising you before poverty finish you with that your dirty coat you wear daily doing copywriting around like a wanderer
Oga intelligent mind Get the f**k outta my mentions. You first called me a jobless Copywriter and when I fired back at you with the reality, you became disappointed and all emotional grin Cry me a river boy.

There are many areas in Copywriting and my niche is Email Marketing and list management.

Said I'm wearing dirty coat Lol To disappoint you again, I'm a Business man into several things which your dull brain won't comprehend. I don't even like to be called a Copywriter because I'm more than just one.

And if you attended a glorified secondary school, I won't be surprised. But I didn't.

Now if you have siblings, or when you give birth, tell them to go make Third class like you have made.

Tell them education has no value and that 97% of 2.1 grads got it through runs and that it isn't possible for them.

Dundee
Re: I Finally Realized That School Is A Waste Of Time In Nigeria. by Donpenny(m): 6:23pm On Dec 26, 2021
IncredibleWrite:
Oga intelligent mind Get the f**k outta my mentions. You first called me a jobless Copywriter and when I fired back at you with the reality, you became disappointed and all emotional grin Cry me a river boy.

There are many areas in Copywriting and my niche is Email Marketing and list management.

Said I'm wearing dirty coat Lol To disappoint you again, I'm a Business man into several things which your dull brain won't comprehend. I don't even like to be called a Copywriter because I'm more than just one.

And if you attended a glorified secondary school, I won't be surprised. But I didn't.

Now if you have siblings, or when you give birth, tell them to go make Third class like you have made.

Tell them education has no value and that 97% of 2.1 grads got it through runs and that it isn't possible for them.

Dundee

Hahaha. Now i now you're not even proud to be called a copywriter. Your life don't even have direction yet and you here claiming grade champion when confusion won finish you. I can tell from your comments and response how anxiety, worries and confusion won finish your life after wasting all your life looking for 2:1 only for reality to hit you hard only for you to buy an e-book on email marketing thinking that may give your miserable life some hope unfortunately for you got even more dissapointed. You better look for a way to end your miserable life and stop being a nuisance everywhere. Mr copy copy 2:1. D fool even concluded i graduated with third class because i stated some facts going on in our uni.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Matthematics And Mechanics / 23 Richest Engineers In The World And Course They Went Fo / Gifted Hand Science Tutorials Producing The Highest Jamb Scores

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.