Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,121 members, 7,811,155 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:22 AM

Port Harcourt Soot Is No Joke Anymore. Let’s Call For Help!! FG, SG And LG � - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Port Harcourt Soot Is No Joke Anymore. Let’s Call For Help!! FG, SG And LG � (48672 Views)

Port Harcourt Black Soot Is Affecting The Atmospheric Colour: Video / Black Soot: Early Morning Weather Condition In Rivers State / Black Soot: The water I Used In Cleaning My House This Morning In Port Harcourt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Port Harcourt Soot Is No Joke Anymore. Let’s Call For Help!! FG, SG And LG � by JustforMen: 9:14am On Dec 27, 2021
Sirheny007:
The docile Port Harcourt youths are too occupied with cultism, bunkering and ogogoro to protest and get their Governor's attention.

Tueh!

But they are the same youth doing the bunkery and polluting the environment.
The government is turning the other way to 'settle' the youths.

3 Likes

Re: Port Harcourt Soot Is No Joke Anymore. Let’s Call For Help!! FG, SG And LG � by ivandragon: 9:14am On Dec 27, 2021
The soot is caused by illegal refining of crude oil.

To stop the pollution, government would need to clamp down on crude oil bunkerers & illegal refineries...

1 Like

Re: Port Harcourt Soot Is No Joke Anymore. Let’s Call For Help!! FG, SG And LG � by jamesversion: 9:16am On Dec 27, 2021
God knows I've never opened my windows in PH since August. My AC is always on either in office, at home or in my car.

And I avoid outdoor activities.

Truth be told, if you end kpo-fire in Rivers, wahala go dey!!!

Wike has smartly permitted it cos he can't manage the fallout from the large youth population employed by kpo-fire.

4 Likes

Re: Port Harcourt Soot Is No Joke Anymore. Let’s Call For Help!! FG, SG And LG � by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:16am On Dec 27, 2021
engrflames:
Port harcourt residents are paying for the sins of lazy ph youths involved in illegal bunkering activities. Funny enough, this illegal bunkering are mostly carried out by the indigenes.

I am hearing the Indorama plant in Eleme is the worst when it comes to causing black soot.

Wike should stop hiding the report of the committee he set up on black soot and make it public.

Which kind of evil man is this.

3 Likes

Re: Port Harcourt Soot Is No Joke Anymore. Let’s Call For Help!! FG, SG And LG � by Curious345: 9:16am On Dec 27, 2021
kayzkayz:
To everyone who’s been doubting the situation of things in the capital city of Rivers State.

I’m scared to go jogging because each time I return home it feels like I worked a night shift in one of the factories but that’s not the case.

I don’t even wish to talk about how much of mess my house, clothes, bath-tub and everything in between turns to everyday in this struggle.

Here’s the kerchief I cleaned my nostrils with. Thomases there you have it, PH is no longer safe, it’s only getting worse by the day. �

GOD SAVE US! The government is super bleeped and tell me why everyone wouldn’t want to japa! �‍♂️
sorry .. but this is bad ..

So wike is just after accolades .. workaholic this and that , flyover governor etc..

Yet his people die slow.....

1 Like

Re: Port Harcourt Soot Is No Joke Anymore. Let’s Call For Help!! FG, SG And LG � by kayzkayz(m): 9:17am On Dec 27, 2021
Elder, if you don’t have anything reasonable to say, with all due respect Sir — just shut your trap. I just paid my rent and you expect me to relocate to your house bayi??

Re: Port Harcourt Soot Is No Joke Anymore. Let’s Call For Help!! FG, SG And LG � by ecolime(m): 9:17am On Dec 27, 2021
motionarena:
I dey PH i never see any soot
Pay attention to your feet when bathing.

3 Likes

Re: Port Harcourt Soot Is No Joke Anymore. Let’s Call For Help!! FG, SG And LG � by Blaze14k: 9:18am On Dec 27, 2021
yanabasee2:
So with all these awareness online, Rivers state governor is yet to react on this deadly issue....

Seems, Wike is part of this soot actions.....

In the nearest future, many people in Rivers state will be treating lungs related cancer and diseases.....

Something that is already happening and u r saying nearest future

1 Like

Re: Port Harcourt Soot Is No Joke Anymore. Let’s Call For Help!! FG, SG And LG � by kayzkayz(m): 9:21am On Dec 27, 2021
motionarena:

Are you sure you’re not staying in Mbiama? Abi na back of PH you dey stay call am PH? �

1 Like

Re: Port Harcourt Soot Is No Joke Anymore. Let’s Call For Help!! FG, SG And LG � by nedzuby: 9:22am On Dec 27, 2021
yanabasee2:
So with all these awareness online, Rivers state governor is yet to react on this deadly issue....

Seems, Wike is part of this soot actions.....

In the nearest future, many people in Rivers state will be treating lungs related cancer and diseases.....

I am very Wike is benefiting from this if not he would have been making noise

1 Like

Re: Port Harcourt Soot Is No Joke Anymore. Let’s Call For Help!! FG, SG And LG � by nnamdi640: 9:25am On Dec 27, 2021
You guys should write to any international bodies that will take up the case because the solution is not in nairaland. I will say that FG is commiting silent genocide. If you people know the side effect of taking in such substance, your community would have taken a drastic action. They take the resources from your side to develop north and left you guys to die under the condition they created.

4 Likes

Re: Port Harcourt Soot Is No Joke Anymore. Let’s Call For Help!! FG, SG And LG � by 8stargeneral: 9:25am On Dec 27, 2021
We're dying here ..we can't breathe free air...no oxygen ...governments are not doing anything about it

1 Like

Re: Port Harcourt Soot Is No Joke Anymore. Let’s Call For Help!! FG, SG And LG � by Angelfrost(m): 9:26am On Dec 27, 2021
Such a shame that Wike wants to finish his tenure on such a pathetic note...

Your people are on the verge of suffering and dying at the hands of dangerous chemicals being inhaled due to activities of nefarious individuals under your very own watch, and you are silent about it.

1 Like

Re: Port Harcourt Soot Is No Joke Anymore. Let’s Call For Help!! FG, SG And LG � by blowjohn(m): 9:28am On Dec 27, 2021
And they are looking for how to make another 'Men in Black' when port Harcourt people full ground.

U get my point?
Re: Port Harcourt Soot Is No Joke Anymore. Let’s Call For Help!! FG, SG And LG � by zedegit: 9:29am On Dec 27, 2021
matrix199:
This is serious.

So, what is the government waiting for to address this environmental pollution? If it was Turkey or UN that invited the government to an environmental conservation summit, they'll be quick to jet out.
Charity begins at home!

Do you think they care about what is discussed there.

The bumper allowance and effizy that goes with such trip as well an opportunity to shop there is what they care about not you nor I.

1 Like

Re: Port Harcourt Soot Is No Joke Anymore. Let’s Call For Help!! FG, SG And LG � by Maj196(m): 9:31am On Dec 27, 2021
Until people start dropping dead on the street before they know it's a serious something

1 Like

Re: Port Harcourt Soot Is No Joke Anymore. Let’s Call For Help!! FG, SG And LG � by kayzkayz(m): 9:31am On Dec 27, 2021
od501:

Guy, you won't understand the implication of this until it's up to one year. Get of there ASAP, or visit a medical expert for advice. Seriously, don't take this lightly!!

I’ve been a resident of PH since 2006, even as an undergrad. The first time I noticed this soot thing was when I lived around Mgbuoba in 2015 and my Brother, I can’t tell apart from now and then which is even worst. The only annoying part is that I just moved to a new place and it’s been constant mopping, cleaning and washing. If it’s even making any difference I wouldn’t be bitter — stay inside Wahala, go outside Wahala.

2 Likes

Re: Port Harcourt Soot Is No Joke Anymore. Let’s Call For Help!! FG, SG And LG � by Donchyke007(m): 9:33am On Dec 27, 2021
You people in that axis are joking with your life and that of your generations yet unborn. This could lead to alteration of genetics and then subsequent birth of deformed children. The ripple effect will be catastrophic let alone the curreny effect it has on the environs. It's a timebomb!!

2 Likes

Re: Port Harcourt Soot Is No Joke Anymore. Let’s Call For Help!! FG, SG And LG � by PortHarcourt1st: 9:35am On Dec 27, 2021
Port Harcourt pollution is enough to call the United nations. The city is very much unliveable. Kinematics the slum dweller doesn't know what people are suffering in the city because he is involved in kpofire

3 Likes

Re: Port Harcourt Soot Is No Joke Anymore. Let’s Call For Help!! FG, SG And LG � by PortHarcourt1st: 9:37am On Dec 27, 2021
Sirheny007:
The docile Port Harcourt youths are too occupied with cultism, bunkering and ogogoro to protest and get their Governor's attention.
Tueh!

Kinematics doesn't care. As a Rivers man I am worried

3 Likes

Re: Port Harcourt Soot Is No Joke Anymore. Let’s Call For Help!! FG, SG And LG � by frankmoney(m): 9:39am On Dec 27, 2021
Sirheny007:

Tueh!
the problem is most of them love Wike and he has them under his control too and speaking against it will look like an anti Wike movement

2 Likes

Re: Port Harcourt Soot Is No Joke Anymore. Let’s Call For Help!! FG, SG And LG � by Saynotoapc(m): 9:41am On Dec 27, 2021
motionarena:

Mop your apartment and show is the water used while carrying out this chores.
Re: Port Harcourt Soot Is No Joke Anymore. Let’s Call For Help!! FG, SG And LG � by Nojeno: 9:50am On Dec 27, 2021
The pollution is increasing

I have known this site for a while now but I wanted to withdraw at least more than 5 times before introducing it to others..I have successfully done more than 5 withdrawals so far and that is why I want to help others earn from it.
It's a platform where you can invest a minimum of $50 and their Advance team of Traders uses your money to trade various Cryptocurrencies and pay u 25% profit after 24hours. You can keep doing it daily till u are tired of making money. Their trading result does not affect your daily 25% payout. If u invest today in their trading with a minimum of $50 ( about 27k), the following day u will be getting $62.5 ( about 34k). A profit of 7k daily which is about 49k in a week with just $50. I have created a WhatsApp group for people interested. You are going to be seeing lots of payment proof screenshot in the group. This is fully legit and helping u is completely free. I don't charge for anything. I just need others to make money too from it just like me. Only people ready to invest and start making money daily should chat me up so you can be added to the WhatsApp group.
Click on my WhatsApp link below

http://.us/w/?c=a3c0e0
Re: Port Harcourt Soot Is No Joke Anymore. Let’s Call For Help!! FG, SG And LG � by Googledotcom: 9:52am On Dec 27, 2021
Same with me o, each time I blow my nose, I see black stuffs coming out and the ENT doctors at UPTH confirmed it's black soot.
Re: Port Harcourt Soot Is No Joke Anymore. Let’s Call For Help!! FG, SG And LG � by od501: 9:57am On Dec 27, 2021
kayzkayz:

I’ve been a resident of PH since 2006, even as an undergrad. The first time I noticed this soot thing was when I lived around Mgbuoba in 2015 and my Brother, I can’t tell apart from now and then which is even worst. The only annoying part is that I just moved to a new place and it’s been constant mopping, cleaning and washing. If it’s even making any difference I wouldn’t be bitter — stay inside Wahala, go outside Wahala.

Menh...this is not good at all. Thank god we are blacks: out genes are stronger, if it's whites they would have developed one funny sickness like that. But at same time, take as much precaution as you can. Good luck
Re: Port Harcourt Soot Is No Joke Anymore. Let’s Call For Help!! FG, SG And LG � by mfm04622: 9:58am On Dec 27, 2021
Baawaa:
Louder the volume,government should do the needful before it get out of hand.

Also tell your fellow citizens to stop illegal refining of crude oil!
If they don't stop, govt will only be doing catch up
Re: Port Harcourt Soot Is No Joke Anymore. Let’s Call For Help!! FG, SG And LG � by Googledotcom: 10:01am On Dec 27, 2021
NiklauseFred:
I think it's best we start wearing mask here in ph
People need to manufacture facemask that will be suitable for bedtime as well to be on a safer side.
Re: Port Harcourt Soot Is No Joke Anymore. Let’s Call For Help!! FG, SG And LG � by seunfape(m): 10:07am On Dec 27, 2021
Polluted state.
Re: Port Harcourt Soot Is No Joke Anymore. Let’s Call For Help!! FG, SG And LG � by Goldentulip2: 10:11am On Dec 27, 2021
Baawaa:
Louder the volume,government should do the needful before it get out of hand.

Hear the governor talk on this on the ig link below

https://www.instagram.com/p/CX1uuctl5fQ/?utm_medium=copy_link
Re: Port Harcourt Soot Is No Joke Anymore. Let’s Call For Help!! FG, SG And LG � by Brownpiro: 10:13am On Dec 27, 2021
Is this thing happening in every part of the state or the remote areas only because I don't seems to understand why nobody is voicing out or even reaching out to the government I keeps seeing this only online but no physical sensitisation or whatever
Re: Port Harcourt Soot Is No Joke Anymore. Let’s Call For Help!! FG, SG And LG � by robosky02(m): 10:14am On Dec 27, 2021
*Stop the soot!*

A recent BBC report states that there is a 4% increase in respiratory illnesses in Rivers State, and in 5yrs times there will be an increase in respiratory tract infections and cancer.

Here are the tips on how to survive the soot.

1. Clean your room/house regularly.

The soot usually settles on surfaces inside and outside the house. Mop floors and clean surfaces with damp clothes more often, daily if possible. This is very important if you’ve got kids around.

2. Reduce ambient air in the house by keeping the windows shut or curtains down.
This is best if you have an air conditioning system due to the heat. But it helps reduce the entrance of dirty air into your house.

3. Clean your AC air filter weekly, and you’ll be surprised. Whether at home or office, please do this for your health sake. The soot is trapped there, so clean up. Also, clean your window net.

Reduce outdoor activities if possible.

4. Outdoor activities such as morning jogging are now dangerous! I repeat, dangerous! The high humidity during early hours makes the air heavy with soot and its risky for you while engaging in any cardiovascular exercise.

5. Change your beddings more often if you leave your windows open. The same applies to your curtains. Also, flip the clothes you dry outside before taking them inside.

6. Drink lots of water and take lots of vitamin C enriched foods/fruits. You might want to invest in vitamin C supplements too.

7. Do not try to abuse antibiotics in this period due to constant flu and cough. Please go and see a doctor.

8 Ensure you raise your voice and demand action from the government, keep doing so until they find a lasting solution.

Pass this information around to loved ones....our lives matter, wake up Port Harcourt People and tackle the soot.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

400 Level UNILORIN Student Commits Suicide After Two Failed Attempts (Photo) / Bike Riders Rescue A Suicidal Man Who Jumped Over Lekki-Ikoyi Bridge (Video) / Doctors Remove Cup Stuck Inside A Woman For 4 Years From Sex Incident

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.