Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,106 members, 7,811,108 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:51 PM

Port Harcourt Soot Is No Joke Anymore. Let’s Call For Help!! FG, SG And LG � - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Port Harcourt Soot Is No Joke Anymore. Let’s Call For Help!! FG, SG And LG � (48670 Views)

Port Harcourt Black Soot Is Affecting The Atmospheric Colour: Video / Black Soot: Early Morning Weather Condition In Rivers State / Black Soot: The water I Used In Cleaning My House This Morning In Port Harcourt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Port Harcourt Soot Is No Joke Anymore. Let’s Call For Help!! FG, SG And LG � by lomprico(m): 10:16am On Dec 27, 2021
Baawaa:
Louder the volume,government should do the needful before it get out of hand.

It's already out of hand
Re: Port Harcourt Soot Is No Joke Anymore. Let’s Call For Help!! FG, SG And LG � by lhurd: 10:17am On Dec 27, 2021
And the PIB offers peanuts to host communities and take over 65% to the bastard north for exploration. Buhari no go die well.. e reach to make person vex.
kayzkayz:
To everyone who’s been doubting the situation of things in the capital city of Rivers State.

I’m scared to go jogging because each time I return home it feels like I worked a night shift in one of the factories but that’s not the case.

I don’t even wish to talk about how much of mess my house, clothes, bath-tub and everything in between turns to everyday in this struggle.

Here’s the kerchief I cleaned my nostrils with. Thomases there you have it, PH is no longer safe, it’s only getting worse by the day. �

GOD SAVE US! The government is super bleeped and tell me why everyone wouldn’t want to japa! �‍♂️
Re: Port Harcourt Soot Is No Joke Anymore. Let’s Call For Help!! FG, SG And LG � by EgunMogaji2: 10:17am On Dec 27, 2021
Even if they start taking action today to see result may take decades.

Oil is a curse on Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Port Harcourt Soot Is No Joke Anymore. Let’s Call For Help!! FG, SG And LG � by Enny2013(f): 10:18am On Dec 27, 2021
motionarena:
I dey PH i never see any soot
Ha! Where are u in PH?
Re: Port Harcourt Soot Is No Joke Anymore. Let’s Call For Help!! FG, SG And LG � by wink2015(m): 10:21am On Dec 27, 2021
I hope northerners particularly their political leaders are seeing the side effect of crude oil exploration.

One major oil spill recently occurred in Nembe involving an oil company by name Aiteo group that resulted in massive oil spill on the Nembe marine environment.

So when Rivers state government choose to fight for vat they know how the shoes pinches.

Go to Ogoni it is the same oil spill on the environment.

Flaring of gases and other ecological problem all had their effect on the peoples daily living.

So When Rivers state generate big money it is not meant for the federal government alone.

1 Like

Re: Port Harcourt Soot Is No Joke Anymore. Let’s Call For Help!! FG, SG And LG � by Nobody: 10:26am On Dec 27, 2021
SenecaTheYonger:
You guys should expose them online, and when I say online I mean to international media outlets.

That’s the only time they will listen because they don’t like their Nyash exposed to other countries.

They are hypocrites. Always the first to jet out to environmental summit while this is happening in their soil for years now
..why call international media outlets...?

1 Like

Re: Port Harcourt Soot Is No Joke Anymore. Let’s Call For Help!! FG, SG And LG � by EndBuhariNow(m): 10:28am On Dec 27, 2021
Ndi 1 Nigeria...... make them enjoy the 1 Nigeria tongue tongue
Re: Port Harcourt Soot Is No Joke Anymore. Let’s Call For Help!! FG, SG And LG � by Infomaz(m): 10:30am On Dec 27, 2021
This is real. My sister that visited PH with her family for the Yuletide holiday is complaining of the Same thing. Black sooth everywhere in the morning. They've decided to cut short their vacation.

Cancer and lung related loading for inhabitants of the city

1 Like

Re: Port Harcourt Soot Is No Joke Anymore. Let’s Call For Help!! FG, SG And LG � by SenecaTheYonger: 10:41am On Dec 27, 2021
moralistic:
..why call international media outlets...? The solution is simple...the youths can shut down all oil related activities in the state.... Perhaps by then, it will get the attention of the Federal and state government....

All of them will get shot. It’s risky. That’s why you need to somehow get it on international air because I notice this government likes to look good to outsiders but don’t care how they look to Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Port Harcourt Soot Is No Joke Anymore. Let’s Call For Help!! FG, SG And LG � by asobo1: 10:42am On Dec 27, 2021
yanabasee2:
So with all these awareness online, Rivers state governor is yet to react on this deadly issue....

Seems, Wike is part of this soot actions.....

In the nearest future, many people in Rivers state will be treating lungs related cancer and diseases.....
Do you expect the governor to shutdown oil companies or what? Moreover what is the latest update on the Ogoni cleanup undecided

1 Like

Re: Port Harcourt Soot Is No Joke Anymore. Let’s Call For Help!! FG, SG And LG � by Brimstone77: 10:42am On Dec 27, 2021

One of the benefits of oyel producing state... grin
Re: Port Harcourt Soot Is No Joke Anymore. Let’s Call For Help!! FG, SG And LG � by Yuakwon3: 10:52am On Dec 27, 2021
Baawaa:
Louder the volume,government should do the needful before it get out of hand.

As government is reluctant to do anything citizens should apply their common sense......put on your nose mask regularly
Re: Port Harcourt Soot Is No Joke Anymore. Let’s Call For Help!! FG, SG And LG � by GreatrAnalyst: 10:54am On Dec 27, 2021
ecolime:
It keeps getting worse daily.

Illegal refineries (Bonfire) and bunkering guys are cashing out at the expense of everyone's health.

They call it 'kpo-fire'... Whatever it means, it is still illegal refinery.

1 Like

Re: Port Harcourt Soot Is No Joke Anymore. Let’s Call For Help!! FG, SG And LG � by King44(m): 10:59am On Dec 27, 2021
kayzkayz:
To everyone who’s been doubting the situation of things in the capital city of Rivers State.

I’m scared to go jogging because each time I return home it feels like I worked a night shift in one of the factories but that’s not the case.

I don’t even wish to talk about how much of mess my house, clothes, bath-tub and everything in between turns to everyday in this struggle.

Here’s the kerchief I cleaned my nostrils with. Thomases there you have it, PH is no longer safe, it’s only getting worse by the day. �

GOD SAVE US! The government is super bleeped and tell me why everyone wouldn’t want to japa! �‍♂️
na so concern dey start o, watin dey cause long cancer etc no pass this one.
Re: Port Harcourt Soot Is No Joke Anymore. Let’s Call For Help!! FG, SG And LG � by errigdee: 11:02am On Dec 27, 2021
flee werey
Re: Port Harcourt Soot Is No Joke Anymore. Let’s Call For Help!! FG, SG And LG � by Yoighaman(m): 11:04am On Dec 27, 2021
matrix199:
This is serious.

So, what is the government waiting for to address this environmental pollution? If it was Turkey or UN that invited the government to an environmental conservation summit, they'll be quick to jet out.
Charity begins at home!

Na Bubu go first reach there; he won't even allow the Governor of the affected state(s) to go.
Re: Port Harcourt Soot Is No Joke Anymore. Let’s Call For Help!! FG, SG And LG � by Oyinlomobambam(m): 11:06am On Dec 27, 2021
matrix199:
This is serious.

So, what is the government waiting for to address this environmental pollution? If it was Turkey or UN that invited the government to an environmental conservation summit, they'll be quick to jet out.
Charity begins at home!

Until the state government call the attention of the federal government.

Let the governor do the needful and don't let us assume they're not aware of it
Re: Port Harcourt Soot Is No Joke Anymore. Let’s Call For Help!! FG, SG And LG � by FiverrTutor(m): 11:11am On Dec 27, 2021
robosky02:
*Stop the soot!*

A recent BBC report states that there is a 4% increase in respiratory illnesses in Rivers State, and in 5yrs times there will be an increase in respiratory tract infections and cancer.

Here are the tips on how to survive the soot.

1. Clean your room/house regularly.

The soot usually settles on surfaces inside and outside the house. Mop floors and clean surfaces with damp clothes more often, daily if possible. This is very important if you’ve got kids around.

2. Reduce ambient air in the house by keeping the windows shut or curtains down.
This is best if you have an air conditioning system due to the heat. But it helps reduce the entrance of dirty air into your house.

3. Clean your AC air filter weekly, and you’ll be surprised. Whether at home or office, please do this for your health sake. The soot is trapped there, so clean up. Also, clean your window net.

Reduce outdoor activities if possible.

4. Outdoor activities such as morning jogging are now dangerous! I repeat, dangerous! The high humidity during early hours makes the air heavy with soot and its risky for you while engaging in any cardiovascular exercise.

5. Change your beddings more often if you leave your windows open. The same applies to your curtains. Also, flip the clothes you dry outside before taking them inside.

6. Drink lots of water and take lots of vitamin C enriched foods/fruits. You might want to invest in vitamin C supplements too.

7. Do not try to abuse antibiotics in this period due to constant flu and cough. Please go and see a doctor.

8 Ensure you raise your voice and demand action from the government, keep doing so until they find a lasting solution.

Pass this information around to loved ones....our lives matter, wake up Port Harcourt People and tackle the soot.

God bless you richly for this beautiful piece
Re: Port Harcourt Soot Is No Joke Anymore. Let’s Call For Help!! FG, SG And LG � by CaptainFM1: 11:11am On Dec 27, 2021
Covid or No Covid, Nose mask should be permanently worn in PH.
Re: Port Harcourt Soot Is No Joke Anymore. Let’s Call For Help!! FG, SG And LG � by FiverrTutor(m): 11:12am On Dec 27, 2021
Enny2013:

Ha! Where are u in PH?

Please send me your number to kaladagreen1983@gmail.com
Re: Port Harcourt Soot Is No Joke Anymore. Let’s Call For Help!! FG, SG And LG � by Coldie(m): 11:15am On Dec 27, 2021
Igboland is open for u any day any time we are a welcoming people

1 Like

Re: Port Harcourt Soot Is No Joke Anymore. Let’s Call For Help!! FG, SG And LG � by meccuno: 11:34am On Dec 27, 2021
EXLOVER:
By 2026 many indigene of Port Harcourt will turn Zombies.

I just dey wonder, many of una blood go do turn black by now
Thank God i wont be there by then. grin
Re: Port Harcourt Soot Is No Joke Anymore. Let’s Call For Help!! FG, SG And LG � by mt77: 11:45am On Dec 27, 2021
People should wear face/nose mask as a precautionary measure. That will help to save lives.
Re: Port Harcourt Soot Is No Joke Anymore. Let’s Call For Help!! FG, SG And LG � by SweetDipBenny(m): 11:52am On Dec 27, 2021
Imagine ur lungs right now
God have mercy
Re: Port Harcourt Soot Is No Joke Anymore. Let’s Call For Help!! FG, SG And LG � by Golan007: 11:53am On Dec 27, 2021
SenecaTheYonger:
You guys should expose them online, and when I say online I mean to international media outlets.

That’s the only time they will listen because they don’t like their Nyash exposed to other countries.

They are hypocrites. Always the first to jet out to environmental summit while this is happening in their soil for years now

Shatap.

Let's bet.

Once government starts clamping down on the illegal refineries responsible for this pollution, you would be amongst the first and loudest to oppose it.
Re: Port Harcourt Soot Is No Joke Anymore. Let’s Call For Help!! FG, SG And LG � by Yankee101: 12:04pm On Dec 27, 2021
This is cancer and lung diseases loading
Re: Port Harcourt Soot Is No Joke Anymore. Let’s Call For Help!! FG, SG And LG � by SenecaTheYonger: 12:11pm On Dec 27, 2021
Golan007:

Shatap.

Let's bet.

Once government starts clamping down on the illegal refineries responsible for this pollution, you would be amongst the first and loudest to oppose it.

You better be careful
Re: Port Harcourt Soot Is No Joke Anymore. Let’s Call For Help!! FG, SG And LG � by Golan007: 12:12pm On Dec 27, 2021
SenecaTheYonger:

You better be careful

Or?
angry
Re: Port Harcourt Soot Is No Joke Anymore. Let’s Call For Help!! FG, SG And LG � by Keemsleek005(m): 12:29pm On Dec 27, 2021
engrflames:
Port harcourt residents are paying for the sins of lazy ph youths involved in illegal bunkering activities. Funny enough, this illegal bunkering are mostly carried out by the indigenes.

When Goverment tried stopping illegal refineries they kept shouting and protecting them, now see the outcome. Wike should do something.
Re: Port Harcourt Soot Is No Joke Anymore. Let’s Call For Help!! FG, SG And LG � by Zainabthegirl1(f): 12:31pm On Dec 27, 2021
Hmmm
Re: Port Harcourt Soot Is No Joke Anymore. Let’s Call For Help!! FG, SG And LG � by Ubanz: 12:32pm On Dec 27, 2021
You guys should sue the oil companies and NNPC for endangering your lives through gas flaring.
Can this happen in America, UK, Dutch land and Italy where almost all the oil prospecting companies emanate from?.
You guys should stop lamenting and make a move.
Re: Port Harcourt Soot Is No Joke Anymore. Let’s Call For Help!! FG, SG And LG � by JooEeL(m): 12:44pm On Dec 27, 2021
No nah. E be like many of una been dey talk say Biafra na scam and na "One Nigeria" una dey for...

First of all why are you guys even bearing the name of one of your slavers, "Harcourt"?

Una never ready. You people do not understand you are proper slaves yet.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

400 Level UNILORIN Student Commits Suicide After Two Failed Attempts (Photo) / Bike Riders Rescue A Suicidal Man Who Jumped Over Lekki-Ikoyi Bridge (Video) / Doctors Remove Cup Stuck Inside A Woman For 4 Years From Sex Incident

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.