Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,758 members, 7,824,178 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:03 AM

Why Are Teachers Not Well Paid?? - Jobs/Vacancies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Why Are Teachers Not Well Paid?? (12992 Views)

Well Paid Teaching Job Vacancy... / Vacancy For A Well Paid Job / Top 10 Well Paid Jobs In Nigeria - Must Read (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Teachers Not Well Paid?? by atistores: 6:23am On Dec 28, 2021
I laugh when I hear teachers are not well paid grin, anyway I have a friend in lagos who codedely resigned about 3 months ago as a teacher and his monthly salary is over 250k per month, I asked him one question which is the same question you guys asked here why are most teachers not well paid, he gave me just one simple answer and that is qualification and requirement and I asked how? is it not the same BSc and MSc that you have that other teachers that are receiving 30k per month have, he laughed and said that its not the BSc but his foreign qualifications I have forgotten the name he called it, it's a professional exam British English teachers write and that is just the difference, I said codedely resign earlier because he told the school he wants to further his studies so they gave him study leave whereas my guy Don japa comot from the school he did this because his daughter is still attending the same school and as a teacher they gave him up to 70 percent off school fees, so my brother there are good schools everywhere especially British schools that pays very very well the koko is are you qualified

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Teachers Not Well Paid?? by VTJN(m): 6:27am On Dec 28, 2021
vickydevoka:

One of my guy just got one lar year. Within one year he got married. Starting salary 145k. He saves up to 100k bcus de school won't give u space to flex n de will give I accommodation within the school
wow! What an opportunity your guy had
Re: Why Are Teachers Not Well Paid?? by VTJN(m): 6:30am On Dec 28, 2021
tiswell:
what is STAFFS?
Sorry Typo!
Re: Why Are Teachers Not Well Paid?? by Gzman(m): 6:48am On Dec 28, 2021
Pls I would like to know this school. I would love to apply for Math or physics teacher
atistores:
I laugh when I hear teachers are not well paid grin, anyway I have a friend in lagos who codedely resigned about 3 months ago as a teacher and his monthly salary is over 250k per month, I asked him one question which is the same question you guys asked here why are most teachers not well paid, he gave me just one simple answer and that is qualification and requirement and I asked how? is it not the same BSc and MSc that you have that other teachers that are receiving 30k per month have, he laughed and said that its not the BSc but his foreign qualifications I have forgotten the name he called it, it's a professional exam British English teachers write and that is just the difference, I said codedely resign earlier because he told the school he wants to further his studies so they gave him study leave whereas my guy Don japa comot from the school he did this because his daughter is still attending the same school and as a teacher they gave him up to 70 percent off school fees, so my brother there are good schools everywhere especially British schools that pays very very well the koko is are you qualified
Re: Why Are Teachers Not Well Paid?? by Spherical77(m): 7:02am On Dec 28, 2021
God have mercy on Nigerians
Re: Why Are Teachers Not Well Paid?? by Nobody: 7:10am On Dec 28, 2021
atistores:

Please,I need your financial assistance.

I work in private schools too and it's been terrible for me.
Re: Why Are Teachers Not Well Paid?? by Newborn27(f): 8:15am On Dec 28, 2021
dingbang:
Because you never meet teacher for big man school..

What do you know that would warrant you to be paid big money? You cant give what you dont have.. If you have quality stuff in your head then big schools will pay you big money

The said big schools are not also paying up to the expected salary based on the tuition fees.... the ill treatment from rich parents and their spoilt kids is making the profession sickening.

Teaching is not only ridiculed In Nigeria but all over the world.

The joy of a Teacher is seeing your students making it in life.some might come back to reward you.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Teachers Not Well Paid?? by dingbang(m): 8:31am On Dec 28, 2021
Newborn27:

The said big schools are not also paying up to the expected salary based on the tuition fees.... the ill treatment from rich parents and their spoilt kids is making the profession sickening.

Teaching is not only ridiculed In Nigeria but all over the world.

The joy of a Teacher is seeing your students making it in life.some might come back to reward you.
taught in a big school before?

1 Like

Re: Why Are Teachers Not Well Paid?? by Osilama1: 8:46am On Dec 28, 2021
Strokes:
While we have found ourselves in the situation, if you are passionate about teaching, please package yourself well and look for a good environment. You will always find a good school that can pay you well and you will enjoy what you do.
I still have teachers that earn more than 200k monthly as salary. When you even add some other allowances of lessons you should have a minimum of 300k monthly
to get that kinda teaching work no easy ooo the issue is lack of proper labour rule enforcement in Nigeria... Check out security guards who Also earn peanuts... A academics generally isn't a place to be super Rich but salary should be decent plus add ons...
Re: Why Are Teachers Not Well Paid?? by Osilama1: 8:48am On Dec 28, 2021
Pinkzebra:
The private sector bastardized the teaching profession thinking .just about anybody can teach . In overseas , you go through rigorous training to be a certified teacher. So they have to pay you well to keep you because they know that not every one can teach . Here in Nigeria even a secondary school leaver can be toss straight into the classroom to teach these are the ones that messed up the psychology of children. They are paid between 10-15k they are not professionals and they are readily available to just fill the space of appearing to get paid not to teach and touch the hearts of these kids
that's where regulation comes in... Again even opening of schools has been bastardized... But make we de look sha
Re: Why Are Teachers Not Well Paid?? by Osilama1: 8:50am On Dec 28, 2021
matm:
Teachers in Government schools are better of ,although the pay is not what they deserve.But their greatest hope is the fact that their job is pensionable.And u can' hardly sack a govt school teacher.
Don't quit if u are a govt school teacher for u will regret it in old age when ur so called business fizzles out.
But for private school teachers,they are at the mercy of school owners and parents A parent can tell the school owner to sack u,and u are gone.
Govt shld pls raise teachers pay.They raised the president,legislators and all in control of our resources.
a level ten teacher earning over 100k in Lagos and to u it's not enough? Knowing fully well govt has other things to fund?? Plus how much tax people de pay let's be realistic here ooo
Re: Why Are Teachers Not Well Paid?? by Osilama1: 8:52am On Dec 28, 2021
Ngenge:
The reasons to me are:
1. Because government schools no longer employ as at when due, the best brains are found in private schools and they can be paid any amount because the teachers are desperate, hungry and frustrated.
2. Anybody can open a school in any location because the government do not have a strict regulation on opening of schools. If a school is opened in a room, peanuts will be paid.
3. It is easier to source and recruit teachers because any graduate or non-graduate can be employed.
4.Just as someone said earlier, any job that is easy to recruit employees, will pay stipends as salary
good points but Best brains still de govt school ooo some PhD holders de teach for govt school ooo how many private school ll u see a PhD holder teaching??
Re: Why Are Teachers Not Well Paid?? by Nten: 9:03am On Dec 28, 2021
The private school owners belongs to a union (NAPPS) but eschew their teachers fraternizing or forming union or association. This is were they have Monopoly over the profession. If teachers were United there should be at least a benchmark for renumeration. But they fire and hire at will. In short some don't have standardized structure of payment for qualifications. A B.ed graduate who is supposed to be collecting much more in terms of payment in his/het own sector may be receiving less than a B.eng that is operating in the educational sector
Re: Why Are Teachers Not Well Paid?? by Osilama1: 9:03am On Dec 28, 2021
Sheuns:

A level 08 teacher in Lagos state receives approximately 68,000 naira monthly. That is not well paid.
is this net pay?? If so look decent but u know some other states don't pay this much ooo and that's cos not all States are Rich as Lagos... What teachers need to are ad ons and a kinda ppp plan to reward dutiful teachers...
Re: Why Are Teachers Not Well Paid?? by Osilama1: 9:12am On Dec 28, 2021
ultimateprof:
Government policies is the reason. Apart from GEJ, have there been any head of state in this nation that is a graduate? No!
Our leaders intentionally killed the education sector.
The worse still is that our ministers of education do not have education background.
Lastly, our college of education always admit those who do not get admission in to the university and by so doing they will produce incompitent teachers.
anyone can be a minister he mustn't be an educationist... A minister is an admin position fashola minister of works is a barrister, amaechi minister of transport read English... Again education is broad and PMB went to a military school became a Major general yet you think Im no go school??
Re: Why Are Teachers Not Well Paid?? by Osilama1: 9:19am On Dec 28, 2021
Mypeople2:
How much are they paid ? How much is their salary that you refer to it as "well paid"? Can you compare an oil worker salary with that of a professor ?
this comparison isn't ideal can a professor in Italy earn what osihmen is earning? Can a professor in UK earn what rashford is earning?? Profs earn decent money and and are even part of the elite class so don't even go there... What we should clamour is add ons for teachers and those in a academy plus decent salary academics isn't a place to be super Rich...
Re: Why Are Teachers Not Well Paid?? by Boniwhite: 12:27pm On Dec 28, 2021
Hotdiamond:

This is the brutal truth.
Security operative is another easy work with poor runemeration
Re: Why Are Teachers Not Well Paid?? by Sheuns(m): 12:34pm On Dec 28, 2021
Osilama1:
is this net pay?? If so look decent but u know some other states don't pay this much ooo and that's cos not all States are Rich as Lagos... What teachers need to are ad ons and a kinda ppp plan to reward dutiful teachers...

That’s after deductions. The yearly increment is about 3000 naira for a level 8 officer. Promotion is every 3 years. The pay is poor still compared to what current economic conditions are. The government can increase pay maybe by over 200% and reduce years of service from 35 to maybe 20 years, that way you don’t have to work for too long and you earn pay that will be decent.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Teachers Not Well Paid?? by Newborn27(f): 1:04pm On Dec 28, 2021
dingbang:
taught in a big school before?

Siñce 5yrs ago and till date
Re: Why Are Teachers Not Well Paid?? by ultimateprof: 1:28pm On Dec 28, 2021
Osilama1:
anyone can be a minister he mustn't be an educationist... A minister is an admin position fashola minister of works is a barrister, amaechi minister of transport read English... Again education is broad and PMB went to a military school became a Major general yet you think Im no go school??
You have big problem!
Re: Why Are Teachers Not Well Paid?? by Mypeople2(m): 1:45pm On Dec 28, 2021
Osilama1:
this comparison isn't ideal can a professor in Italy earn what osihmen is earning? Can a professor in UK earn what rashford is earning?? Profs earn decent money and and are even part of the elite class so don't even go there... What we should clamour is add ons for teachers and those in a academy plus decent salary academics isn't a place to be super Rich...
I love your last statement "Academics isn't a place to be super rich" That is what the society has turned teaching jobs to.Everyone looks at teachers to be poor persons.Many ladies will tell you ,"I can't marry a teacher o " just because of how poorly paid they are .Even to buy a tear rubber car, na war
Re: Why Are Teachers Not Well Paid?? by Mypeople2(m): 1:54pm On Dec 28, 2021
atistores:
Bros how many schools are there in Nigeria? How many of those schools can pay N250k to teachers? Dont forget, at this rate of our economy, in the next five years 250k will be the minimum for survival for a husband and wife excluding children

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Teachers Not Well Paid?? by JJSAYO: 2:05pm On Dec 28, 2021
Do you need a teaching job paying above well? Contact 09158859582
Re: Why Are Teachers Not Well Paid?? by KulHeadedHuman: 3:33pm On Dec 28, 2021
What's the pay range pls, and how do they recruit??
Newborn27:

Siñce 5yrs ago and till date
Re: Why Are Teachers Not Well Paid?? by KulHeadedHuman: 3:35pm On Dec 28, 2021
Is that number on WhatsApp??

U could drop more info here too, like the location and pay
JJSAYO:
Do you need a teaching job paying above well? Contact 09158859582
Re: Why Are Teachers Not Well Paid?? by Perriton(m): 4:09am On Dec 29, 2021
MarveworldG:
Because Education is not valued here
Education is not valued anymore when it has to do with paying teachers. For your information KG school students pay from 100k some secondary schools pay 200k per term

The reason is simple Demand and supply

WATER IS THE MOST IMPORTANT ELEMENT ON EARTH YOU CANT DO WITHOUT AT LEAST 25 LITERS IN A DAY BUT BECAUSE THE SUPPLY IS EXCESS ITS CHEAPEST.

DIAMOND WHICH IS USELESS TO 99% OF HUMANS IS VERY EXPENSIVE BECAUSE ITS SCARCE. IF YOU CAN PICK A DIAMOND IN YOUR BACKYARD IT WILL BE WORTHLESS.

YOU CAN BUY PURE WATER FOR 10,000 IF YOU ARE IN A DESERT OR DEHYDRATED AND THERE IS ONLY ONE SATCHET AVAILABLE

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Teachers Not Well Paid?? by Osilama1: 8:15am On Dec 29, 2021
Mypeople2:
I love your last statement "Academics isn't a place to be super rich" That is what the society has turned teaching jobs to.Everyone looks at teachers to be poor persons.Many ladies will tell you ,"I can't marry a teacher o " just because of how poorly paid they are .Even to buy a tear rubber car, na war
you aren't sincere with yourself... A Level ten teacher de earn 100k in Lagos... A graduate assistant de earn about 120k u think it's not enough how much tax u de pay to warrant a Jumbo pay when u make comparison de try reason oil company are Rich as such can afford to pay workers big money just like footballers earn big money... Those ladies who can marry teachers na their choice has that stopped teachers getting married including those poorly paid in some private schools... Teachers can't buy cars go check out the big Jeep's those in Lagos State govt de use... Try to be realistic ok...

1 Like

Re: Why Are Teachers Not Well Paid?? by Osilama1: 8:18am On Dec 29, 2021
ultimateprof:

You have big problem!
you are a problem yourself cos you hate facts the minister of health in Germany is not even medical doctor but Everytime when you people are told facts na to write junks as reply
Re: Why Are Teachers Not Well Paid?? by Osilama1: 8:21am On Dec 29, 2021
Sheuns:

That’s after deductions. The yearly increment is about 3000 naira for a level 8 officer. Promotion is every 3 years. The pay is poor still compared to what current economic conditions are. The government can increase pay maybe by over 200% and reduce years of service from 35 to maybe 20 years, that way you don’t have to work for too long and you earn pay that will be decent.
increase pay without increase taxes ll bring about inflation... Pay is decent not poor... In trying to discuss issues like this we have to look at it realistically not emotionally... Govt to increase pay shey na only teachers Dem go pay what of other civil servants and workers what of projects to execute...?

1 Like

Re: Why Are Teachers Not Well Paid?? by ultimateprof: 9:10am On Dec 29, 2021
Osilama1:
you are a problem yourself cos you hate facts the minister of health in Germany is not even medical doctor but Everytime when you people are told facts na to write junks as reply

To be sincere you're too blind to see the light. What do you mean, using the wrong tools for the right job?
Just like saying that a mechanic should go and give directives in the place of a medical director.

Let's learn how to appoint the qualified for the rightful position.
Na so PMB appoint all his unqualified brothers full everywhere to what effect? nothing!

1 Like

Re: Why Are Teachers Not Well Paid?? by Sheuns(m): 10:32am On Dec 29, 2021
Osilama1:
increase pay without increase taxes ll bring about inflation... Pay is decent not poor... In trying to discuss issues like this we have to look at it realistically not emotionally... Govt to increase pay shey na only teachers Dem go pay what of other civil servants and workers what of projects to execute...?

I wasn’t saying increase only teachers. Generally increase civil servants pay and reduce years of service.

Politicians and political office holders pocket billions monthly, why not reduce their own wage bills?

1 Like

Re: Why Are Teachers Not Well Paid?? by Osilama1: 12:02pm On Dec 29, 2021
Sheuns:

I wasn’t saying increase only teachers. Generally increase civil servants pay and reduce years of service.

Politicians and political office holders pocket billions monthly, why not reduce their own wage bills?

well I don talk finish ooo...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Oil Company Job Or Traveling Abroad / Vodacom Nigeria Ongoing Fresh Job Recruitment May 2018 (3 Positions) / Immediate Recruitment At Mocality Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.