Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,521 members, 7,826,959 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:53 AM

Why Are Teachers Not Well Paid?? - Jobs/Vacancies (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Why Are Teachers Not Well Paid?? (12998 Views)

Well Paid Teaching Job Vacancy... / Vacancy For A Well Paid Job / Top 10 Well Paid Jobs In Nigeria - Must Read (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Teachers Not Well Paid?? by Osilama1: 12:06pm On Dec 29, 2021
ultimateprof:

To be sincere you're too blind to see the light. What do you mean, using the wrong tools for the right job?
Just like saying that a mechanic should go and give directives in the place of a medical director.

Let's learn how to appoint the qualified for the rightful position.
Na so PMB appoint all his unqualified brothers full everywhere to what effect? nothing!
you don't know anything and very bold in ignorance... A minister Is an admin position like the president who can come from any discipline... Already in the ministries u have the tools... The minister job is to direct stop arguing what you know nothing about it... You never liked PMB that's why you de type nonsense so fashola, ngige, onyema, amaechi are pmb brothers... Anyway Goodluck with your ignorance...

1 Like

Re: Why Are Teachers Not Well Paid?? by damosade(m): 3:15pm On Dec 29, 2021
Orente21:
Pls which school?
@lekki
Re: Why Are Teachers Not Well Paid?? by wetdspace(m): 6:43pm On Dec 29, 2021
ModelLook:
When I finished University after getting a B.Sc in Geography and Planning, I applied to teach in a Secondary School.
(Forget the Planning attached to the course, it's all propaganda to make the course look professional. We don't plan anything).

The first school said they wanted to pay me between N15-N19K per month. I refused and left.

The second school said they will pay me N22K per month. I also refused and left.

I went for service. Was posted to teach in a Missionary School at Ilaro in Ogun state. Their students school fees was N150,000 per month.
The principal was paying me just N5K per month. According to him, Ogun state govt told them (School Owners) to pay Corpers that amount (N5K Per Month) and after all, we were being paid N19,800 as Alawee.

In that school, the principal gave me all the classes to teach. I taught Geography (SS1 -SS3) and Agricultural Science (JSS1 to JSS3). I was practically teaching the whole school. I was so over worked with little pay. After school around 5pm ehn, I will almost feel like collapsing on the ground everyday.

After NYSC, I refused to teach again.

Teaching in a country like Nigeria takes PASSION. If you don't have passion for teaching, you will hate your life.

Why because the GOVERNMENT is part of the problem why teaching is the way it is in Nigeria. Then School Owners Capitalise on them.

The Government And School Owners Are The Reason Why Teaching Is Not Well Paid.

Also remember, PASSION CAN NEVER PAY THE BILLS. MONEY MAKES THE WORLD GO ROUND.

Haha bro... sorry oo

You sound like person wey finish from Unilag Geography dept.

Hope you've gotten a good job sha?
Re: Why Are Teachers Not Well Paid?? by labelle123(f): 9:03pm On Dec 30, 2021
Orente21:
They sack anyhow and give so many conditions. You ll close late and resume early.
. You can say that again
Re: Why Are Teachers Not Well Paid?? by KulHeadedHuman: 11:05pm On Jan 01, 2022
When are schools resuming in lagos pls
Re: Why Are Teachers Not Well Paid?? by Jokerman(m): 7:48am On Jan 02, 2022
damosade:
I know a teacher (nur/pry school) earning 650k monthly.

How much for you think pupils pay per term?
Re: Why Are Teachers Not Well Paid?? by Jokerman(m): 8:01am On Jan 02, 2022
labelle123:
. You can say that again

French teacher.. grin
Re: Why Are Teachers Not Well Paid?? by Jokerman(m): 8:02am On Jan 02, 2022
KulHeadedHuman:
When are schools resuming in lagos pls

4th

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Oil Company Job Or Traveling Abroad / Vodacom Nigeria Ongoing Fresh Job Recruitment May 2018 (3 Positions) / Immediate Recruitment At Mocality Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.