Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,704 members, 7,816,884 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:22 PM

This Photo Shows That Women Are More Intelligent Than Men - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / This Photo Shows That Women Are More Intelligent Than Men (4115 Views)

Burna Boy New Photo Shows He Is Not 32 / Are Women Truly More Intelligent Than Men?? / 16 "Bad Boy" Traits That Women Find Very Attractive. (Top Secret) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Photo Shows That Women Are More Intelligent Than Men by sureteeboy(m): 9:06am On Dec 29, 2021
CaveAdullam:

That's the Bell curve showing the normal distribution of intelligence using the IQ score between male and female. Highest number of dumb people are men(left side of the curve) and same as highest number of intelligent people(right side of the curve). There is an overlap when it comes to average/mean intelligence between men and women, but women still slightly appears higher than men.

Nice explanation boss. It is also observed that the Standard deviation of the female curve is relatively lower when compared with the male counterpart. As evident in the curve, an extremely large percentage of females tend to have average IQs. While males have the highest percentage of low intelligence, they also have the highest percentage of high intelligence as well. This, I think probably indicates why most great innovators are mostly men. No offense to the poster of this thread, but I doubt she has a thorough understanding of the graph herself.
Just to add - That graph is actually for US citizens

1 Like

Re: This Photo Shows That Women Are More Intelligent Than Men by LucySpace: 10:01am On Dec 29, 2021
siofra:
smiley
could you explain this graph in your own definition?
Re: This Photo Shows That Women Are More Intelligent Than Men by segtech68: 10:03am On Dec 29, 2021
Tell me one thing a woman invented that made them intelligent, Bulb, airplanes , car , computer, even no programing language is invented by a woman . there's difference between being corny and being intelligent
Re: This Photo Shows That Women Are More Intelligent Than Men by Nostring: 10:06am On Dec 29, 2021
Laaro kutu
Re: This Photo Shows That Women Are More Intelligent Than Men by Nostring: 10:09am On Dec 29, 2021
Laaro kutu sad only asset some get na the data for their chinco Android,yet den dey here dey drag intelligence with no assurance den go chop 3square meal today..smh angry
Re: This Photo Shows That Women Are More Intelligent Than Men by siofra(f): 4:30pm On Dec 29, 2021
TalkTalkTwins:
Yes, you're very correct

That's why majority of Nigerian lecturers are females

That's why Google, Amazon, Twitter, Facebook and other top companies were founded by females

That's why the richest males get their net worth from divorcing their wives.

That's why they're fighting for equality, yet they want guys to pay the bills.

That's patriarchy right there sir. The world is patriarchal and so gives priority to the male gender which includes special privileges women don't have. Privileges women need to get to those high places.

When the world finally embraces equality. You'll see a large amount of women in places of power.
Re: This Photo Shows That Women Are More Intelligent Than Men by siofra(f): 4:52pm On Dec 29, 2021
CaveAdullam:

That's the Bell curve showing the normal distribution of intelligence using the IQ score between male and female. Highest number of dumb people are men(left side of the curve) and same as highest number of intelligent people(right side of the curve). There is an overlap when it comes to average/mean intelligence between men and women, but women still slightly appears higher than men

However, where the deal is in the outliers(right side) because they are the ones that contribute greatly to science, technology and innovation. Hence, men are more likely to be in STEM fields because of their high spatial visualization and mental rotation than women. While women, tends to be more caring and like interacting with people because of their high verbal intelligence.

Thanks.

PS: modifications will be made where proven wrong.

You're correct.

Men are generally smarter than women by 4 IQ points. Not a big difference. But I think it's social conditioning where men tend to be more into STEM related occupations.

But men too are generally dumber than women but it's not obvious because most of the men that fall on the left side of the bell curve are in special institutions.
Re: This Photo Shows That Women Are More Intelligent Than Men by CaveAdullam: 5:42pm On Dec 29, 2021
siofra:

You're correct.

Men are generally smarter than women by 4 IQ points. Not a big difference. But I think it's social conditioning where men tend to be more into STEM related occupations.

But men too are generally dumber than women but it's not obvious because most of the men that fall on the left side of the bell curve are in special institutions.

You cannot be looking at the bell curve and still place a large foothold on social conditioning when it comes to IQ. Quite alright, environmental influences play a role in general intelligence (g), but men interested in STEM and not women is simply because of their genetic differences and not as a result of social conditioning. STEM fields are open to both men and women but yet women tend to be less interested because to be able to do better in STEM you gat to have a high IQ, and men are of higher IQ than women.

Which special institutions are you talking about? Special institutions for men equals high IQ, and less men occupy such institutions/positions because majority of men are of average intelligence. However, men are still able to leverage to the top because the burden of performance falls upon their shoulder. Because of women's emotional state, that they are conflict avoidant despite they are less dumber than men, they just depend on men rather than fight and leverage to the top. Men still occupies the extremes when it comes to the difficulties of life. So, you women, on the average still gat better cards to play than men.

Thanks.

4 Likes

Re: This Photo Shows That Women Are More Intelligent Than Men by TalkTalkTwins(m): 5:48pm On Dec 29, 2021
siofra:

That's patriarchy right there sir. The world is patriarchal and so gives priority to the male gender which includes special privileges women don't have. Privileges women need to get to those high places.

When the world finally embraces equality. You'll see a large amount of women in places of power.

That's you lying once more

I work in the tech sector, and I've seen several opportunities available to only the female folks...

The modelling industry is dominated by females ( in fact, I only passed the auditioning stage because I'm a twin, the other guys got disqualified because they were males and they went home peacefully. If it was a female, Twitter would've been filled with tweets of how females were being cheated on)

Recently, the Nigeria Senate attempted signing a law to create another Senate for females. Mind you, there are female senators who got elected legally o. So contesting is open to everyone,just that the females are more interested in getting preferential treatments.

Most nurses are females, but they can study medicine if they wanted.

Right now, the crypto space is open for everyone, but ladies won't join, only to come out in 52 years time to scream on how they're being neglected

My dear, guys are actually being marginalised

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why are girls like this? / The Thing I Never Did Before (pics) / 9 People Share Their Worst Sex Experiences

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.