Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,749 members, 7,824,156 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:03 AM

How My Jollof Rice Turned To Water Rice - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How My Jollof Rice Turned To Water Rice (48993 Views)

How Transfer Delayed My Jollof Rice Payment Today (pics) / Python Killed In My Area, Turned To Meat / Gambia Beat Nigeria , Ghana And Senegal In Jollof Rice Competition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How My Jollof Rice Turned To Water Rice by Gloriagee(f): 9:20pm On Dec 30, 2021
On behalf of the shrimps and assorted veggies, I'm furious wink

1 Like

Re: How My Jollof Rice Turned To Water Rice by AsomArchitectNG(m): 9:22pm On Dec 30, 2021

Ode I have more than enough aint begging and aint showing off aint living my life on internet feedbacks idiot cook you no sabi turn jollof rice to pepper soup rice olodo

Bros i no know say u self dey para like this oh cheesy
Re: How My Jollof Rice Turned To Water Rice by Nobody: 9:25pm On Dec 30, 2021
Idiot instead of you to focus on cooking a delicious meal all you was concerned was to take pictures so you could share well you got what you deserve... olodo oloriburuku

Wahala tie gele for this naiaraland... Eh know dey finish... who do you??
Re: How My Jollof Rice Turned To Water Rice by Digmygold: 9:26pm On Dec 30, 2021
victorazy:

My own na Spags...yesterday.
The thing just dey produce water

Na all these yeye local producers o. Later dem go say make we dey patronize local food industries dey chop poison. Hmph!
Re: How My Jollof Rice Turned To Water Rice by victorazy(m): 9:34pm On Dec 30, 2021
Digmygold:

Na all these yeye local producers o. Later dem go say make we dey patronize local food industries dey chop poison. Hmph!

I taya o!

1 Like

Re: How My Jollof Rice Turned To Water Rice by mrkings84(m): 9:37pm On Dec 30, 2021
No more secrets, now everything ends on the pages of internet.....
Re: How My Jollof Rice Turned To Water Rice by NGArmyTerrorist: 9:38pm On Dec 30, 2021
When you allow your father's maid to be doing everything for you without you helping out in any way thinking that the maid will stay with your family forever! Well done for wasting the rice and the ingredients. Next time go close to the kitchen if you're now living alone; you can go spend some time with your grandma in the village this will enable you learn somethings. Good luck...
Re: How My Jollof Rice Turned To Water Rice by blaquebelle: 9:51pm On Dec 30, 2021
Sorry but you don't boil jollof rice. You fry and steam jollof rice. It requires little to no water. Don't give up. Please follow this recipe next time. It'll turn out great just like mine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4tNAyRdo70

PeridotK9:
A shot story!
Yesterday felt like I wanted to eat an amazing jellof rice, asked some fellas on ma stat N was given some recipes then I went to the store got shrimps�, chicken�, fish�, vegetables���� N ir already got tin tomatoes�,oil, seasonings etc... for ma jellof rice after cooking I noticed my jellof rice dint look red like I imagined�
Note: i dint follow any of the procedures I was told... i just mixed all into the chicken broth, boiled N added my rice... faced some challenges�‍♀️ like having to scoop out some water� I dint know�‍♀️ where it came from N at the end of the day I changed the name of my rice to ricewater��but then I was so proud� of myself� cos I'm a 1 thousand yard of wife�‍♀️ material �����
Shared some pictures down�

Re: How My Jollof Rice Turned To Water Rice by helinues: 10:09pm On Dec 30, 2021
1623t:
[s][/s]

I still dey online oo

grin
Re: How My Jollof Rice Turned To Water Rice by ekensi01: 10:14pm On Dec 30, 2021
PeridotK9:
A shot story!
Yesterday felt like I wanted to eat an amazing jellof rice, asked some fellas on ma stat N was given some recipes then I went to the store got shrimps�, chicken�, fish�, vegetables���� N ir already got tin tomatoes�,oil, seasonings etc... for ma jellof rice after cooking I noticed my jellof rice dint look red like I imagined�
Note: i dint follow any of the procedures I was told... i just mixed all into the chicken broth, boiled N added my rice... faced some challenges�‍♀️ like having to scoop out some water� I dint know�‍♀️ where it came from N at the end of the day I changed the name of my rice to ricewater��but then I was so proud� of myself� cos I'm a 1 thousand yard of wife�‍♀️ material �����
Na the rice be new one. Jollof rice no get method oga. Next time just mind the rice to buy
Re: How My Jollof Rice Turned To Water Rice by Golan007: 10:14pm On Dec 30, 2021
Timagex:
Omooooo..,..the day I'll be able to cook Normal jollof rice with the taste of burial jollof,(burial jollof is the sweetest) wink kiss I will give testimony in church. cool

The other day I cooked egusi soup, it was so watery I had to enter it in a canoe with a life jacket. grin grin

Watch YouTube.
Re: How My Jollof Rice Turned To Water Rice by Nobody: 10:15pm On Dec 30, 2021
Idiot instead of you to focus on cooking a delicious meal all you was concerned was to take pictures so you could share well you got what you deserve... olodo oloriburuku
Why so angry? Who stole your biscuit?
Re: How My Jollof Rice Turned To Water Rice by Bukfab(f): 10:26pm On Dec 30, 2021
See As Persin Waste Ingredient : sad sad
Re: How My Jollof Rice Turned To Water Rice by jclassiq(m): 10:31pm On Dec 30, 2021
Experimenting for the first time, you aren't supposed to use this so many expensive ingredients.
Shrimps and catfish? Who uses fresh catfish fro jollof rice?
Re: How My Jollof Rice Turned To Water Rice by EmzyT: 10:45pm On Dec 30, 2021
Timagex:
Omooooo..,..the day I'll be able to cook Normal jollof rice with the taste of burial jollof,(burial jollof is the sweetest) wink kiss I will give testimony in church. cool

The other day I cooked egusi soup, it was so watery I had to enter it in a canoe with a life jacket. grin grin

grin grin
Re: How My Jollof Rice Turned To Water Rice by seunayantokun(m): 11:22pm On Dec 30, 2021
It's still rice.
Re: How My Jollof Rice Turned To Water Rice by Dpundict: 11:25pm On Dec 30, 2021
Put some of the fish and shrimps inside the scoop and use it to swallow eba or eat yam/plantain. I am sure it will taste nice
Re: How My Jollof Rice Turned To Water Rice by elbaraj2020(m): 11:51pm On Dec 30, 2021
Normally ehn....men wey get sense no plenty, I'm sorry to announce to you that you're among them. Thank you sir.

1 Like

Re: How My Jollof Rice Turned To Water Rice by Ishilove: 1:40am On Dec 31, 2021
Jafar1:

Husband material, 1billion yards
Lmao!

1 Like

Re: How My Jollof Rice Turned To Water Rice by Larrykaysail(m): 1:56am On Dec 31, 2021
PeridotK9:
A shot story!

Ur procedure maybe wrong ,

Oil on fire ,
Onions
Tin tomatoes,
Then u will see the colour ,

Add other ingredients, Maggi, and so on ..

Low the light
Then add rice ,
Mix every 10 to 15min,
. Good luck �
Re: How My Jollof Rice Turned To Water Rice by Agboconsult1(m): 6:23am On Dec 31, 2021
This lady she's learning how to cook at what age?
Is there any special way of cooking jollof rice?
Re: How My Jollof Rice Turned To Water Rice by Kinguzione: 6:37am On Dec 31, 2021
This one no be jellof rice na felloff rice grin
Re: How My Jollof Rice Turned To Water Rice by Joydan95: 7:29am On Dec 31, 2021
PeridotK9:
A shot story!
Asides your ingredients, cooking jollof requires timing of ingredients application and knowing your quantity of water. The time you apply your ingredients determines the scent of the food .....we should name your food “drowning jollof”. It’s a new recipe
Re: How My Jollof Rice Turned To Water Rice by Nobody: 7:38am On Dec 31, 2021
You tried I use tomato paste with uncooked rice in hot oil to get the rice to stay reddish and then use the water as appropriate for it to boil you won’t put too much this way well done the sauce is nice make sure to add onion or, sweet corn, carrot or peas in your jollof rice
Re: How My Jollof Rice Turned To Water Rice by vivaciousvivi(f): 7:44am On Dec 31, 2021

Ode I have more than enough aint begging and aint showing off aint living my life on internet feedbacks idiot cook you no sabi turn jollof rice to pepper soup rice olodo
Never knew u to be like this.
These insults were so unnecessary for this topic bro.
Let's chill
Re: How My Jollof Rice Turned To Water Rice by YoungBlackRico(m): 9:04am On Dec 31, 2021
Ode
Re: How My Jollof Rice Turned To Water Rice by Druss(m): 9:50am On Dec 31, 2021
This looks like Yama Yama. I need to continue having my kids with me in kitchen when I cook.
Re: How My Jollof Rice Turned To Water Rice by Druss(m): 9:55am On Dec 31, 2021
victorazy:

My own na spags o!
Yesterday, the thing just dey produce water.
Make I go snapam!

I no understand.

Ermm in future if making stir fry spag, boil the spag in a separate pot and remove / douse in cold water. Do your stir fry. Now add the spag slowly while mixing. You will learn with experience how to ensure it is not soggy spag.

Spaghetti doesn't produce water. It is either you didn't drain well or your sauce was too wet.
Re: How My Jollof Rice Turned To Water Rice by TrumpDonald2: 10:30am On Dec 31, 2021
Re: How My Jollof Rice Turned To Water Rice by victorazy(m): 10:41am On Dec 31, 2021
Druss:

Ermm in future if making stir fry spag, boil the spag in a separate pot and remove / douse in cold water. Do your stir fry. Now add the spag slowly while mixing. You will learn with experience how to ensure it is not soggy spag.

Spaghetti doesn't produce water. It is either you didn't drain well or your sauce was too wet.

Mmmmmmm
Thank you for this.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Photo Of Big Antelope Killed By A Hunter / My Evening Meal Many Years After Graduation / Policemen Pack Onions With Their Helmets In Kogi (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.