Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,951 members, 7,817,792 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:49 PM

How Can I Be Matured About This? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Can I Be Matured About This? (960 Views)

Should I Be Concerned About Marrying A 39yrs Old Woman? / Her Parents Sponsored Our Wedding, Should I Be Worried. / We Confessed To Each Other, Should I Be Worried? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Be Matured About This? by Shadow225: 9:33pm On Dec 28, 2021
Sorry if this might seem long to you...

I traveled from my house for 3years and during these years I was unable to see any of my family members (family i.e my Dad and my Older brother) but I recently returned in September and everything looks weird to me.

The problem is my Dad said my brother no longer lives in our house anymore but stays in our uncle's house nearby, now I recently discovered this is a lie, anytime my Dad isn't around my Brother would use his key to visit the house and invite his gf over.

Now that I have returned to the house it's me who has to suffer this nonsense, I tried to be a good brother which means I have to cover for him, I thought that maybe he'll get his shit together and find a new spot for him and his gf to cruise and let me have peace of mind, but things just became more annoying, his gf would be visiting the house anytime she likes and it's me that has to deal with it, remember he lives somewhere else.

This night I was browsing peacefully when i got a text message on WhatsApp from his gf asking me, why I avoid her? if I don't like her? don't I want her to date my brother?

This angered me a lot because in my own opinion I have been really courteous and I have been as tolerant as a saint. But another reason this is so annoying is because of my brother, from the time we were kids he had this habit of getting himself into trouble, then I cover up for him, then the trouble becomes too much it explodes and then we all get into trouble.

He told me this girl is a virgin, her Dad is a pastor and that she's really picky with food, the annoying thing is he said it like it's a good thing, but I'm starting to think this girl is another ticking bomb but a much bigger one than the one we had as kids, the girl's parents have no idea she's dating.

It's frustrating because I have lots of health and financial problems the last thing on Earth I need is to start carrying headache because of someone else.

Please what's the best way to handle this?

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Be Matured About This? by Jidemoo: 9:35pm On Dec 28, 2021
This matter wear wrapper tie gele

1 Like

Re: How Can I Be Matured About This? by samuel051: 9:36pm On Dec 28, 2021
Holy gram
Op you need two kalas(old and new)
Blow his left blockus with ur old kala if he tries bringing d girl home again
Warn d girl to respect her family name,else u blow her boyfriend's right blockus with ur new kala
Children no just get respect again
Wtf man..

3 Likes

Re: How Can I Be Matured About This? by Oluromantic: 9:40pm On Dec 28, 2021
Sit him down and tell him you want to have a word with him. Then tell him all these things he's doing wrongly and why they are wrong perhaps he doesn't know. Then tell him the measures you're going to take if he does not respect himself and make corrections within the time frame you both agree for him to amend his ways.

If after giving him time and he refuses to change, play your role as an elder brother. When your dad comes around, explain what has been going on to him and what you have done as the elder in his absence. He'll take over from there
Re: How Can I Be Matured About This? by Mokason288(m): 9:49pm On Dec 28, 2021
grin
Re: How Can I Be Matured About This? by Sonnobax15(m): 9:51pm On Dec 28, 2021
grin
Op,make another man sin no take you to hell...........

It is well cha......But op,you for try reason with your bro like man to man...At least you guys ain't kids any longer undecided. Tell am wetin dey vex you and clear am all him fvck up ASAP before it'd be too late undecided

1 Like

Re: How Can I Be Matured About This? by Nobody: 9:55pm On Dec 28, 2021
Best thing is to talk about it jareh ..let them carry thier thing to wherever he is staying because you'll report to popci next time they inconvenience you .

You can't actually talk sense into two h.or.ny adults abi na youths sef .dem no go send you jareh

The girl go dey shout jealousy ontop sef . grin grin

Just ask her for one round now . cool cool winkshe will hate you and wouldn't wanna show up .

What am I saying I'm just good in giving bad advice tbh grin grin

1 Like

Re: How Can I Be Matured About This? by Dukio: 9:56pm On Dec 28, 2021
You think too much.

Live life and stop worrying about other people's problem.

Wetin go be go be wink

1 Like

Re: How Can I Be Matured About This? by Shadow225: 10:07pm On Dec 28, 2021
Sonnobax15:
grin
Op,make another man sin no take you to hell...........

It is well cha......But op,you for try reason with your bro like man to man...At least you guys ain't kids any longer undecided. Tell am wetin dey vex you and clear am all him fvck up ASAP before it'd be too late undecided
Told him many times, I even took a screenshot of the message I just received, he told me to "ignore her don't be angry that's how girls are" but ignoring her doesn't work he should know better.

I'm 100% sure she's going to ask me stupid questions tomorrow.
Re: How Can I Be Matured About This? by Shadow225: 10:08pm On Dec 28, 2021
Dukio:
You think too much.

Live life and stop worrying about other people's problem.

Wetin go be go be wink
I wish this was as easy as you said.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Be Matured About This? by Sonnobax15(m): 10:10pm On Dec 28, 2021
Shadow225:
Told him many times, I even took a screenshot of the message I just received, he told me to "ignore her don't be angry that's how girls are" but ignoring her doesn't work he should know better.

I'm 100% sure she's going to ask me stupid questions tomorrow.
Your bro still have a long way to go...Just free am,and do your things....No use because of this matter fight with your bro....I believe with time,he go learn via the hard way...And make he pray he shouldn't lose his peace of mind and sanity then.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Be Matured About This? by Dukio: 10:11pm On Dec 28, 2021
Shadow225:
I wish this was as easy as you said.
I feel you bruv

1 Like

Re: How Can I Be Matured About This? by Shadow225: 10:11pm On Dec 28, 2021
Oluromantic:
Sit him down and tell him you want to have a word with him. Then tell him all these things he's doing wrongly and why they are wrong perhaps he doesn't know. Then tell him the measures you're going to take if he does not respect himself and make corrections within the time frame you both agree for him to amend his ways.

If after giving him time and he refuses to change, play your role as an elder brother. When your dad comes around, explain what has been going on to him and what you have done as the elder in his absence. He'll take over from there
I'm the younger brother and I have said this before, maybe I wasn't firm enough. Thanks
Re: How Can I Be Matured About This? by Shadow225: 10:18pm On Dec 28, 2021
Sonnobax15:
Your bro still have a long way to go...Just free am,and do your things....No use because of this matter fight with your bro....I believe with time,he go learn via the hard way...And make he pray he shouldn't lose his peace of mind and sanity then.
Like I said earlier this isn't the first time he's doing something similar, I think he doesn't learn from his mistakes maybe because he doesn't suffer from his mistakes alone, my Dad and me always suffer with him,. In this case, one day the girl's parents might march to our house and he won't be around to face the music.
Re: How Can I Be Matured About This? by Richy4(m): 10:47pm On Dec 28, 2021
I'm glad that people that understands the issue have told you what to do...
But could U explain further to someone like me that is slow to understand.. What is your headache in all these?
<<<Was it that your brother is under aged and should not be involved with a girl at the moment? OR

<<< Was it that u were angry that she brings a girl home instead of taking her to your uncle's house where he's living? ( Was it a one bedroom house) OR

<<< Was it that they were consuming the food you provided and he wasn't contributing anything even when she brings a girl regularly?

1 Like

Re: How Can I Be Matured About This? by DarkJeddi(m): 11:23pm On Dec 28, 2021
R
Re: How Can I Be Matured About This? by Shadow225: 12:02am On Dec 29, 2021
Richy4:
I'm glad that people that understands the issue have told you what to do...
But could U explain further to someone like me that is slow to understand.. What is your headache in all these?
<<<Was it that your brother is under aged and should not be involved with a girl at the moment? OR
<<< Was it that u were angry that she brings a girl home instead of taking her to your uncle's house where he's living? OR
<<< Was it that they eat the food you cooked and he doesn't contribute anything despite the fact that they comes to the house regularly?
Definitely this
Re: How Can I Be Matured About This? by Richy4(m): 12:21am On Dec 29, 2021
Shadow225:
Definitely this

Haba!!! Do u know the reason or conditions stipulated to him by your uncle before he moved in?

There are certain behaviours/ things one can do in their father's house and can never try that in someone else's house... That is why people always say.." do u think you are in your father's house.."

Not trying to be the devil's advocate but what u were trying to make him do is not right... What if he wasn't staying in your uncle's house? What then...

If u have issues with him having a girlfriend or a girl u don't like, that is understandable but having issues that he invites guest to his father's house is just.. I don't even know what to say..but let me make it 100% clear, u have no right buddy to tell him where to entertain his guest.. u all have an equal rights in that house to invite any guests that u wishes...

1 Like

Re: How Can I Be Matured About This? by Shadow225: 12:48am On Dec 29, 2021
Richy4:

Haba!!! Do u know the reason or conditions stipulated to him by your uncle before he moved in?

There are certain behaviours/ things one can do in their father's house and can never try that in someone else's house... That is why people always say.." do u think you are in your father's house.."

Not trying to be the devil's advocate but what u were trying to make him do is not right... What if he wasn't staying in your uncle's house? What then...

If u have issues with him having a girlfriend or a girl u don't like, that is understandable but having issues that he invites guest to his father's house is just.. I don't even know what to say..but let me make it 100% clear, u have no right buddy to tell him where to entertain his guest.. u all have an equal rights in that house to invite any guests that u wishes...
If he wants to invite guests he is free to do so but he should drop the secrecy he should tell my Dad he is inviting a friend over and make it official, not acting like a kidnapper, I think he wouldn't have dared bring her over if he wasn't staying in my Uncle's house...

And to be honest I don't like the girl, she isn't pretty she isn't interesting, she likes acting holier than thou, she's even 6 years younger than him, which makes the whole thing worse.
Re: How Can I Be Matured About This? by anthonyuncle(m): 1:39am On Dec 29, 2021
stop covering up for him.

the next time your dad asks about him, tell him how frequent he comes to the house. don't reveal the story of the girl to your dad
Re: How Can I Be Matured About This? by Richy4(m): 7:01am On Dec 29, 2021
Shadow225:
If he wants to invite guests he is free to do so but he should drop the secrecy he should tell my Dad he is inviting a friend over and make it official, not acting like a kidnapper, I think he wouldn't have dared bring her over if he wasn't staying in my Uncle's house...

And to be honest I don't like the girl, she isn't pretty she isn't interesting, she likes acting holier than thou, she's even 6 years younger than him, which makes the whole thing worse.
I don't know why I find this quote interesting smiley...
<<<U sounded like the last child/ born in the family,are you?... smiley
My brother, I guess u are young that is why u were sounding this way... But take this like an elder Bro's advice..

<<<This attitude you were exhibiting is the type that brews cold war between siblings forever.. especially when it's as minor as this... and when it lingers longer than necessary, if anyone asks what the problem is, they can't even place when, how and where it all started....Please drop it now..

<<< Your brother likes the girl in question...U were not in his heart.. U don't dictate whom he should be friends with..

<<< When u have your own friend and starts swimming into the ocean of love, he will have no right as well to tell you whom to love.. because it's a matter of the heart...

<<< The girl's physical appearance/ attitude is irrelevant to you at the moment because u were not the person dating her... But u as a brother can only point it out to your brother when eventually he asked for your opinion or when the relationship gets serious...but he still has the final say ..

<<< Anytime your brother is ready for serious commitment, he will officially approach your father... He can't bring in any Tom, Dick and Harry to your dad... If he does that, u guys might loose counts...

<<< Any time u gets an unpleasant message from her, tell her that u were not the one dating her, hence your opinion doesn't count.. she should concentrate on your brother and why she was there and leave U out of it ..

<<< When u do not want to do what siblings does best anymore which is covering for each other, please tell him u were done, u don't feel like doing it any more, he should count u out of that... That is your choice and right buddy...

<<< Please be happy, it's holidays season.. don't let little thing ruin it for you... Cheers smiley

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Be Matured About This? by Saynoomore: 9:11am On Dec 29, 2021
This OP is such a jealous soul! grin

Solution: find yourself a gf too and be happy!

1 Like

Re: How Can I Be Matured About This? by Shadow225: 12:23pm On Dec 29, 2021
Richy4:

I don't know why I find this quote interesting smiley...
<<<U sounded like the last child/ born in the family,are you?... smiley
My brother, I guess u are young that is why u were sounding this way... But take this like an elder Bro's advice..

<<<This attitude you were exhibiting is the type that brews cold war between siblings forever.. especially when it's as minor as this... and when it lingers longer than necessary, if anyone asks what the problem is, they can't even place when, how and where it all started....Please drop it now..

<<< Your brother likes the girl in question...U were not in his heart.. U don't dictate whom he should be friends with..

<<< When u have your own friend and starts swimming into the ocean of love, he will have no right as well to tell you whom to love.. because it's a matter of the heart...

<<< The girl's physical appearance/ attitude is irrelevant to you at the moment because u were not the person dating her... But u as a brother can only point it out to your brother when eventually he asked for your opinion or when the relationship gets serious...but he still has the final say ..

<<< Anytime your brother is ready for serious commitment, he will officially approach your father... He can't bring in any Tom, Dick and Harry to your dad... If he does that, u guys might loose counts...

<<< Any time u gets an unpleasant message from her, tell her that u were not the one dating her, hence your opinion doesn't count.. she should concentrate on your brother and why she was there and leave U out of it ..

<<< When u do not want to do what siblings does best anymore which is covering for each other, please tell him u were done, u don't feel like doing it any more, he should count u out of that... That is your choice and right buddy...

<<< Please be happy, it's holidays season.. don't let little thing ruin it for you... Cheers smiley

Okay thanks
Re: How Can I Be Matured About This? by Shadow225: 12:24pm On Dec 29, 2021
anthonyuncle:
stop covering up for him.

the next time your dad asks about him, tell him how frequent he comes to the house. don't reveal the story of the girl to your dad
Okay nice
Re: How Can I Be Matured About This? by Shadow225: 12:25pm On Dec 29, 2021
Re: How Can I Be Matured About This? by Elporo(m): 12:29pm On Dec 29, 2021
Shadow225:

Please what's the best way to handle this?

Move out .. again !

(1) (Reply)

Does My Ex Still Loves me Or Is He Just Playing Me / May God Bless U As U Congrat Me. And Bless Me / Are Their Still Genuine Men In This Generation..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.