Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,216 members, 7,822,098 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 06:28 AM

Obasanjo: Why I Owe Nobody Apology For Not Believing In Oduduwa Republic - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo: Why I Owe Nobody Apology For Not Believing In Oduduwa Republic (22660 Views)

Supreme Court: I Owe Nobody Explanation For Visiting Tinubu – PDP’s Gov Diri / Obasanjo: Why I Refused Gani Adam's Request To Visit Me / I Owe Nobody Any Apology For Supporting Buhari - Kenneth Okonkwo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obasanjo: Why I Owe Nobody Apology For Not Believing In Oduduwa Republic by GrandMasters: 7:39am On Dec 29, 2021
Obasanjo is part of the problem we youths are facing in Nigeria today....he is keen to make sure nobody enjoy this life.....he failed trying not to see Buhari 2nd term reign

He will not be remembered for anything good in the history of Nigeria.

*We are in darkness today because of his greed...power project scam.

*He's part of many coups in Nigeria(Abacha should have executed him and do us good)

*He's the father of corruption(3rd term agenda money sharing things)

*The only reason he believes in this fake One Nigeria is that he has enjoyed so much from the rot, and he will lose his relevance in the rebirth of regional government or separated Nation.

*The only reason the Fulani allowed him to walk free after stealing soo much is to be an ambassador of One Nigeria.

*He's all definition of wrongs.

*No hope elsewhere...The western(UK, US , UN, etc..) are happy we a failed state......thanks to the likes of Obasanjo to make their dreams come through.

Re: Obasanjo: Why I Owe Nobody Apology For Not Believing In Oduduwa Republic by Abagworo(m): 7:47am On Dec 29, 2021
Obasanjo is a great nationalist and he is right but the only hindrance is our system of governance which is retrogressive to everybody irrespective of our religion, ethnic group or natural resources

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo: Why I Owe Nobody Apology For Not Believing In Oduduwa Republic by Skillsnigeria: 7:49am On Dec 29, 2021
I believe in a country that speak the same language, same culture and same religion. This is what I called real country. Nigeria is just a geographical expression

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo: Why I Owe Nobody Apology For Not Believing In Oduduwa Republic by LZAA: 8:02am On Dec 29, 2021
helinues:
Na so.

Here too, we no send

Re: Obasanjo: Why I Owe Nobody Apology For Not Believing In Oduduwa Republic by emmykk(m): 8:03am On Dec 29, 2021
helinues:

Imagine if Igboho had been allowed to carry on with his nonsense, that's how he would cause chaos and confusion in the region and Japa just the way he was about to in Benin

You will be better as a regional country than as you are now.
Re: Obasanjo: Why I Owe Nobody Apology For Not Believing In Oduduwa Republic by SIRTee15: 8:07am On Dec 29, 2021
helinues:

Before you dash me clothes, I must see your wardrobe.

There is no region, I repeat no region currently in Nigeria who can stand on their own.

Lots of you people have limited info about what it takes to be a sovereign nation

So u telling me the south south region that feeds the nation cannot stand alone.
The problem with you 'yoruba one nigerianists' is that your decision is based on convenience and not on conviction.
U guys hide under hausa Fulani to preach the gospel of one Nigeria. U can't do it alone.
If northern Nigeria announce they leaving the union today, will u guys say no, are u going to threaten them with war. U and I know the answer to that.
Then why threaten your fellow southern brethren with war if they feel Nigeria is no longer in their best interest and wants out.
If u want to stay in Nigeria fine, but why are u forcing someone no longer interested in a failed marriage to stay.
There's nothing special about Nigeria as a nation, it's a failed state n will never work esp with the present administrative set up.
Yorubas supporting one Nigeria are only doing do because it's likely a Yoruba man will soon be in charge of running the country's affair. They also don't believe in Nigeria. That to me is a selfish n myopic decision.

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo: Why I Owe Nobody Apology For Not Believing In Oduduwa Republic by Ayomi90: 8:09am On Dec 29, 2021
helinues:

There is no region, I repeat no region currently in Nigeria who can stand on their own.

Lots of you people have limited info about what it takes to be a sovereign nation

You don't have what it takes to argue this, u are not intelligent. Ghana is only a little bigger than Lagos in size. Ghana is standing on its own, Togo nkor? Togo stands on its own. All tribes were on their own before Nigeria ND they were doing well.

Now, where did u get that notion that no region can stand on its own? That is a slave talk, a lazy man talk, a coward talk.

4 Likes

Re: Obasanjo: Why I Owe Nobody Apology For Not Believing In Oduduwa Republic by helinues: 8:10am On Dec 29, 2021
Ayomi90:

You don't have what it takes to argue this, u are not intelligent. Ghana is only a little bigger than Lagos in size. Ghana is standing on its own, Togo nkor? Togo stands on its own. All tribes were on their own before Nigeria ND they were doing well.

Now, where did u get that notion that no region can stand on its own? That is a slave talk, a lazy man talk, a coward talk.

Emeritus, oya clap for yourself

grin
Re: Obasanjo: Why I Owe Nobody Apology For Not Believing In Oduduwa Republic by hush15: 8:11am On Dec 29, 2021
adenigga:

Source: https://dailypost.ng/Why-I-owe-nobody-apology-for-not-believing-in-Oduduwa-Republic-Obasanjo

Yes sir. You were a president for three terms concurrently. You enjoyed all the perks of government from start to finish and even after office, the perks and leverages you still enjoy. Na your kind dey still like to hold on to a false marriage. Nobody wants to identify with failure cos Nigeria is rapidly becoming one and for someone preaching about not "not forcing anything on others", you shouldn't force this Nigeria on those that have different stand. When those that clamor for independence leave, whatever is left, you can still it Nigeria and maintain statusquo but let's not bully others into believing a union that has never worked. Something you killed for, fought for, became president for, went to prison and still no result.

Oga, I understand you don't want to be referred to as an ex president of a defunct nation cos of the profile you built over the years in government but right now, Nigeria is not working

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo: Why I Owe Nobody Apology For Not Believing In Oduduwa Republic by Ayomi90: 8:11am On Dec 29, 2021
helinues:

Emeritus, oya clap for yourself

grin
What's ur point, is Ghana bigger than Nigeria?
Re: Obasanjo: Why I Owe Nobody Apology For Not Believing In Oduduwa Republic by helinues: 8:13am On Dec 29, 2021
Ayomi90:

What's ur point, is Ghana bigger than Nigeria?

Was your argument about Nigeria or Lagos?

undecided
Re: Obasanjo: Why I Owe Nobody Apology For Not Believing In Oduduwa Republic by Ayomi90: 8:13am On Dec 29, 2021
helinues:

Was your argument about Nigeria or Lagos?

undecided
Is Lagos bigger than Ghana?
Re: Obasanjo: Why I Owe Nobody Apology For Not Believing In Oduduwa Republic by khadaffi(m): 8:13am On Dec 29, 2021
Toks2008:

My point exactly. And I'm surprised Obasanjo with all his years of experience as Nigeria leader can not talk about this but he is just rubbing the surface. Shame on him

Everybody is fighting for his or her pocket. The reason OBJ is saying this is because he is a major shareholder in many Nigerian companies (PLC) and if Nigeria were to disintegrate today, the other party will also want their own people to head these companies in their country thus reducing his income and power. This man is wise and is fighting for himself.
Re: Obasanjo: Why I Owe Nobody Apology For Not Believing In Oduduwa Republic by fineboynl(m): 8:22am On Dec 29, 2021
Keep talking Rubbish as usual. But he keeps forcing his idea of others.
Re: Obasanjo: Why I Owe Nobody Apology For Not Believing In Oduduwa Republic by helinues: 8:23am On Dec 29, 2021
Ayomi90:

Is Lagos bigger than Ghana?

And you are talking about intelligent?

undecided
Re: Obasanjo: Why I Owe Nobody Apology For Not Believing In Oduduwa Republic by favor914: 8:28am On Dec 29, 2021
Skillsnigeria:
I believe in a country that speak the same language, same culture and same religion. This is what I called real country. Nigeria is just a geographical expression
Quite obvious that you have never travelled outside the shores of Nigeria, right or wrong? Because only a naive minded person will utter the nonsense that you did above.
Re: Obasanjo: Why I Owe Nobody Apology For Not Believing In Oduduwa Republic by Toks2008(m): 8:29am On Dec 29, 2021
khadaffi:

Everybody is fighting for his or her pocket. The reason OBJ is saying this is because he is a major shareholder in many Nigerian companies (PLC) and if Nigeria were to disintegrate today, the other party will also want their own people to head these companies in their country thus reducing his income and power. This man is wise and is fighting for himself.

At his age I think the most important thing for him is to leave a good legacy cos if he dies without rectifying his dented image, then the generations unborn will remember him as a mere noise maker.

He ruled for many years, organized a confab yet he did nothing just to come out and start writing endless letters.

What a shame.
Re: Obasanjo: Why I Owe Nobody Apology For Not Believing In Oduduwa Republic by Zainabthegirl1(f): 8:29am On Dec 29, 2021
Hypocrite

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo: Why I Owe Nobody Apology For Not Believing In Oduduwa Republic by SmokedWhiskey: 8:31am On Dec 29, 2021
Sheriman:

All Africans are tribalist including you and i

Why do we have Olympics? why is there Premier league? Spanish league? Why do we have NBA, NFL and so on? Why has there been world wars, civil wars etc and many other wars? Homosapiens by their very innate nature are tribal beings; these tribal instincts are survival mechanisms hard wired into the subconscious of every human it just depends on whether they are aware of it or not and how they choose to act out these instincts. Loving your tribe, being supportive and loyal to your tribe is not tribalism; tribalism begins when you choose to steal from or cheat another tribe in order to support your tribe; Colonialism was a form of tribalism, being a proud English man is not. Baba got it wrong, being a proud Yoruba citizen and using whatever opportunity you have to support the development of Yoruba land is not tribalism. It only becomes tribalism when you begin the do so at the expense of other tribes. A lot of what is happening in Nigeria is actually tribalism, taking the resources of the ND, SS and SW to develop other regions is a form of tribalism.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo: Why I Owe Nobody Apology For Not Believing In Oduduwa Republic by favor914: 8:32am On Dec 29, 2021
khadaffi:

Of course then from your own argument only the lazy poor spiritually & materially like yourself that have nothing & have no aspirations to be anything in future are the people hoping that Nigeria should separate? Which is impossible.

Similar to the story in the Bible of the woman whose child died @ night, & wanted king Solomon to divide the other woman’s child into two parts?

We all know what happened, King Solomon after returning the woman’s child to her, ordered that the other woman be beheaded, the moral of the story, no one is dividing Nigeria.
Re: Obasanjo: Why I Owe Nobody Apology For Not Believing In Oduduwa Republic by favor914: 8:36am On Dec 29, 2021
Zainabthegirl1:
Hypocrite
Because he told you the truth in simple English or was it in Yoruba he delivered his message?

Only the Failures of the Nigerian society will say anything like separation, and the irony is that it will still be the same Obasanjo & co the elites that clamor one Nigeria are the ones that you will run to & beg, that will divide the Nigeria for you, you people are damned Jokers.
Re: Obasanjo: Why I Owe Nobody Apology For Not Believing In Oduduwa Republic by MENELIIK: 8:44am On Dec 29, 2021
hammer567:
[s][/s]

Wat concern Biafra with Aboki and Afonja?

I wonder o. Indigenous Cannibal of Biafra (ICOB)
Re: Obasanjo: Why I Owe Nobody Apology For Not Believing In Oduduwa Republic by musicwriter(m): 8:55am On Dec 29, 2021
The problem is that one Nigeria is not working. Everyone can see that it's clearly not working. That's the problem.

Secondly, whether you like it or not, you're a Yoruba man before you're a Nigerian. Yoruba is your identity by default and that's the real gift of God to you. Nigeria, however, was forcefully given you by the British.

4 Likes

Re: Obasanjo: Why I Owe Nobody Apology For Not Believing In Oduduwa Republic by mrkings84(m): 8:56am On Dec 29, 2021
DMerciful:
Oduduwa Republic is not for your generation. Your generation will not do necessary changes in Nigeria even when there's existential threats.
Nigeria will divide in no longer time.
I mean as short as few years.
When I mean few years, I mean this buhari administration is the last administration that's gonna complete 2terms in roll with one Nigeria.

This I have seen!!

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo: Why I Owe Nobody Apology For Not Believing In Oduduwa Republic by LILTJAY: 9:15am On Dec 29, 2021
helinues:

before the formation of nigeria, were the different tribes not living alone?
Unity beggar
Re: Obasanjo: Why I Owe Nobody Apology For Not Believing In Oduduwa Republic by Nobody: 9:55am On Dec 29, 2021
SmartPolician:
You can call Obasanjo whatever you like, but nobody can accuse him of tribalism.

Obasanjo will die one day. An old man who belongs to the same Fraternity with him in Yoruba land told me several years ago that he is the problem of the Yorubas. The old man said they will never allow him to become their global head (Olori Oluwo).

Later, some regimental people discussed till late in the night at a regimental bar beside the Lagoon few months into Jonathan's government that Obasanjo wanted to become the Mandela of Nigeria and African Statesman by leaving over $50 billion dollar in reserve, investment in AFC and upfront payment of some major projects. They said Nigeria cannot work. They said they will spend every Kobo they made and spend Obasanjo money. They pleaded with Yorubas to support Jonathan to redress the injustice to the South. They particularly mentioned Tinubu support. I told them Tinubu is in another party, moreover, Yorubas don't believe in injustice to others even as a revenge. I have posted this several times for many years on nairaland.

Coming to your submission, what is tribalism? The Northern Presidents including Buhari focuses mainly on the North. The late Umoru Yaradua first major project announcement was the establishment of University of Petroleum in Kaduna while PTI Effurun was dying. It took our agitations, Niger Delta militants both Guerrilla and Intellectual and other groups before that announcement died and PTI Effurun was converted to University of Petroleum. The sickness of Yaradua also helped PTI conversion to University. Most of the projects and appointments of Yaradua were for North.

If you look at Jonathan government, from Presidency to Finance to Power and strategic key agencies , you know the people that are there. It was only in CBN you find a person that was not their man and this created problem. They endured Sanusi until it was possible to remove him and immediately they brought their man - Emefiele, they should have brought a Yoruba man in the person of FOLA ADEOLA or another Northerner to replace Sanusi but they brought their man despite Finance, Power and Petroleum under their control and other key agencies.

What you called Obasanjo non tribal government is a non beneficial government to Yoruba land.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/drbiggie./2021/03/06/gen-olutoyes-encounter-with-obasanjo/amp/

The above link is a story known to almost everybody. That was the military era. Obasanjo betrayed the love and the trust of a fellow Yoruba officer to survive as a military head of State.

When Obasanjo went to Benin Republic to commiserate with the former President over the death of his wife, they said he was playing ethnic card that he visited to show support to Igboho. Whether IBB, Abdulsalam or Buhari visit Niger Republic or Chad or Sudan, it is of no meaning to any Yoruba. It is not a News to any Yoruba. Obasanjo movement is a threat to them.

Coming to Yoruba Nation, unlike Biafra that has the consciousness, the resilience spirit of the Ibos and the total support of over 90% of the Ibos, only about 3% of the Yorubas are conscious of the Yoruba Nation agitations. 50% of the 3% are not united and connected together. You have internal crisis since Awolowo/Akintola era, religious and political dichotomies and the gospel expansion preaching peace as factors mitigating against Oduduwa nation. This is the reason Igboho cannot fight back.

The future generation of the Yorubas will still go into agitations. There would be crisis that will destroy all the factors mitigating against Odudwa Nation and the consciousness would scale up to 70%, at this point, nobody will have the audacity to speak against Oduduwa nation.

Finally, without Oduduwa nation, it would be difficult for Biafra to be a reality.
Re: Obasanjo: Why I Owe Nobody Apology For Not Believing In Oduduwa Republic by Skillsnigeria: 10:13am On Dec 29, 2021
favor914:
Quite obvious that you have never travelled outside the shores of Nigeria, right or wrong? Because only a naive minded person will utter the nonsense that you did above.
Have traveled to different countries including European countries. Africans is only united by tribe, culture or religion

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

No Arrest Was Made In Relation To Attack On Ekweremadu - German Police / Jonathan In Closed-door Meeting With Kuffour, Others- PUNCH / Borno Massacre: Army Dismisses Boko Haram’s Claim

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.