Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,074 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:26 AM

Enugu Residents Battle Water Scarcity Again, Buy Sachet Water For Bathing - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu Residents Battle Water Scarcity Again, Buy Sachet Water For Bathing (20354 Views)

Fuel Scarcity Again; As Filling Stations Shut Down / Enugu Residents Cannot Bath Due To Water Scarcity: Pictures / Water Scarcity In Enugu: Long Queues Sighted In Most Parts Of The State (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu Residents Battle Water Scarcity Again, Buy Sachet Water For Bathing by PotatoSalad(m): 1:30am On Dec 30, 2021
tony1305:

Hi am really concerned about this issue of water in Enugu. Am based here though not that long I came but my question is it possible to drill a borehole here and do you have an idea of the estimate? Thanks
You can spend 10m drilling very deep borehole in Enugu town and all you'll get is coal water. You can't do anything with it. grin
Omo if coal business is reopened in Enugu, the city's economic development will shoot to the moon. There's plenty coal in Enugu.
In 2017, I paid 2,500 for 500 gallons GeePee.
Today, it's 5k lmao.
Re: Enugu Residents Battle Water Scarcity Again, Buy Sachet Water For Bathing by PotatoSalad(m): 1:34am On Dec 30, 2021
Landmack:

The ever filled Oji river is there for Lazy Enugu govt to utilize and help fix her water problem but no,the stuffed up whale of a Governor is busy handing the state over to God. God’s even tired

This shit can never happen in Anambra and our big guys go dey sit don look. Mbanu nu

This Enugu water issue always takes the headline every year and it is becoming embarrassing. If Ugwuanyi is helpless,he should speak OUT!

Water is a basic necessity
Aka jide akpu put the state in the hands of God and roads got worse, streets became dirtier, Nightlife reduced by 75%, no development. Nothing.
All he did was to get rid of bus stops chime built and replaced them with concrete structures (who does that? grin). Bus stops are supposed to be temporary structures. Which one is Stand 3B? E dey Google maps? grin grin

1 Like

Re: Enugu Residents Battle Water Scarcity Again, Buy Sachet Water For Bathing by Simonokeh7(m): 2:14am On Dec 30, 2021
Phut:

Enugwu is very mountaineous. Enu-Ugwu literally means mountaintop. So when they dig boreholes, a lot of times, they do not hit water.
Is Enugwu the only mountainous city in Nigeria?
When drilling boreholes in Enugu, you have to go deeper than the regular borehole depth used in other places with flat land.
The only problem is that it costs more.
Re: Enugu Residents Battle Water Scarcity Again, Buy Sachet Water For Bathing by Streetpriest1: 2:51am On Dec 30, 2021
In4matic:
Reminds me of the day I drove through Enugu and encountered engine overheating.

I took a keg intending to fetch water from nearby houses/shops/filling stations.

Omo, the way they were looking at me like I was asking for some precious stone baffled me!

Like play, I couldn't get water anywhere, i had to drive it like that till I got to a supermarket and bought bottles of water to fill the radiator.

I got to appreciate my Niger Delta where water can never be a commodity hoarded by anyone...

And they come online to chest beat all the time .
why u too dey lie
Re: Enugu Residents Battle Water Scarcity Again, Buy Sachet Water For Bathing by americanigga(m): 3:09am On Dec 30, 2021
Ezewuzie01:
It is a big shame on Enugu the capital of eastern region for a long time and designated capital of Biafra that it doesn't have ordinary water that many towns and villages in other states take for granted. A friend told me that people in Enugu hardly take their baths, they just spray perfume to cover up.

We have so many prospective comedians on this platform
Re: Enugu Residents Battle Water Scarcity Again, Buy Sachet Water For Bathing by Obiwank: 3:50am On Dec 30, 2021
Nigeria is a shocking place.

Sounds just like the situation many decades ago when I was growing up. Yet online and physical billboards is full of praises for the various governors of the states while BASIC problems go unsolved.

The problem cuts across leaders and followers. E go hard.

3 Likes

Re: Enugu Residents Battle Water Scarcity Again, Buy Sachet Water For Bathing by Ekpeitit(m): 4:16am On Dec 30, 2021
Why are Biafran criminals always suffering?
Maybe they are cursed. grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Enugu Residents Battle Water Scarcity Again, Buy Sachet Water For Bathing by larryking540: 4:32am On Dec 30, 2021
jmoore:

Topography of the area determines the accessibility of water via borehole.

A former Head of Geology Department, University of Nigeria, Nsukka, Professor Smart Obioara, also aligned with both Udeogu and Ndukwe’s position. He confirmed that the geology of a particular area must be considered before a borehole drilling process commences. According to him, Enugu generally is a very bad place to drill for water and you can hardly find the rocks that can store water, although people have been making efforts and drilling wells.

“If you don’t have the necessary rock, what is called an aquifer, which can contain and also be able to release water in abundance, it will be hard. If you are not within the water table, the hope of getting water is slim and even if you do, it will dry up easily,” he explained.

Aquifer refers to when a water-bearing rock readily transmits water to wells and springs. The rate of recharge is not the same for all aquifers, and that must be considered when pumping water from a well.

all this are gramma bro ,uae don't have water but u hardly hear of shortage of water ,black man is indeed caused ,what's wrong with drawing pipes lines kilometers away from states that have steady water ,,,see black man is caused abeg joke apart , technology they never created is there for them to use but na watin geography talk they they follow when the solution is stearing at them openly

3 Likes

Re: Enugu Residents Battle Water Scarcity Again, Buy Sachet Water For Bathing by chukel(m): 5:19am On Dec 30, 2021
Reality3080:
This is pure propaganda from amala ewedu media,everyone in enugu is a billionaire n each house have a minimum of 2 borehole so it's impossible
this thing you typed is a very big lie. There is no borehole in enugu metropolis. You can't sink borehole around Enugu metropolis. Even the state Government house buys water from tanker.
Re: Enugu Residents Battle Water Scarcity Again, Buy Sachet Water For Bathing by Cyberterror: 5:41am On Dec 30, 2021
Even the government house in Enugu procures its water from a stream outside the city. Looking for water in Enugu is like searching for a needle in a haystack.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu Residents Battle Water Scarcity Again, Buy Sachet Water For Bathing by Angeloihe: 5:43am On Dec 30, 2021
Sth is wrong with black people.
Are they suffering from drought or what!??
Water unavailability is ok in arid regions not in the southern regions that have heavy rain falls.
What stops them from buying tanks and digging pools to save rain water
Till date I don't know my village stream but we have a steady supply of water in our house because we constructed a means of storing rainwater especially for the dry season.
Learn to be creative and stop crying awoof at things you can do by your selves.
Re: Enugu Residents Battle Water Scarcity Again, Buy Sachet Water For Bathing by ViktorCash: 5:54am On Dec 30, 2021
T*T* go smell ehn lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: Enugu Residents Battle Water Scarcity Again, Buy Sachet Water For Bathing by Highzyk: 6:03am On Dec 30, 2021
Sunday2021:
In nairaland they will be claiming billionaires, but in reality they are as poor as church caged rat.
Re: Enugu Residents Battle Water Scarcity Again, Buy Sachet Water For Bathing by Nobody: 6:11am On Dec 30, 2021
smartasuen:
Can't the very affluent men and women there team up to do boreholes on every street?
I mean, how much will it cost them........

No my dear. ENUGU is one of the few states in Nigeria where only the government provides water at a monthly rate. I.e. State Water Board. Sadly they are consistently inconsistent. Cross Rivers too. You are not allowed to sink a private borehole. You might do so at your own risk and detriment though.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu Residents Battle Water Scarcity Again, Buy Sachet Water For Bathing by Nobody: 6:12am On Dec 30, 2021
Enugu have lots of water source if they wish they can even pipe underground water pipes to Atlantic ocean but no the big water fall in Enugu is being used for prayer and miracle while after praying and miracling you go home to bath with sachet water.

God didn't give you the (OHUM)waterfall for prayers he gave it to you because your state is at the hilltop and you can pipe those water coming out of stone to your homes....its still same water you can do your prayers while bathing, doing dishes, laundry, drinking and cooking with it. COMMON SENSE ISN'T IT?

1 Like

Re: Enugu Residents Battle Water Scarcity Again, Buy Sachet Water For Bathing by MightySparrow: 6:26am On Dec 30, 2021
The chest beating fifu can't provide for themselves water and they are busying building Abuja grin

3 Likes

Re: Enugu Residents Battle Water Scarcity Again, Buy Sachet Water For Bathing by Agoziewin(m): 6:35am On Dec 30, 2021
Waiting for the state government to draw water line for those in metropolis is never happening. Enugu state govt house has 2-3 water tankers that runs to 9th mile to fetch water for governor's office and uses. There's no water bore pipe line at State govt house and you expect the govt to care about the citizens since they don't benefits from water corps system of the state?
Enugu state water tankers association, has a strong links and connections that they're using to make sure that they don't share enough water through water corporation during dry season. That's they'll bribe the corporation, so that people will be depending on them to have water at this season and the price is not something to write home about.
In summary, the state has failed to produce ordinary water to those at the metropolis because, those that are feeding on the misery of the citizenry are fighting with the state government with Unimaginable ferocity to make those living in Enugu at their mercies during dry season. ENUGU STATE IS NOT AT THE HAND OF GOD ANYMORE, THEY'VE HIJACK IT TO THEIR BELLY

3 Likes

Re: Enugu Residents Battle Water Scarcity Again, Buy Sachet Water For Bathing by HRMK: 6:56am On Dec 30, 2021
this is shameful?so LG cant sink boreholes for residents?is the satchet water not from treated borehole water?u mean,no river or stream around?
Re: Enugu Residents Battle Water Scarcity Again, Buy Sachet Water For Bathing by Testimony1988(m): 7:10am On Dec 30, 2021
BeingCamping:
And so what?

99% of the people living in Enugu are billionaires so they can afford to use pure water to bathe.

All these useless Afonja media that will be carrying news al around. Who send you?
hmmmmm, average Nigerians are also living there.
Re: Enugu Residents Battle Water Scarcity Again, Buy Sachet Water For Bathing by Matrix6531: 7:21am On Dec 30, 2021
You will spend fortune's to dig bore hole and water will dry inside it.
Figger:
the thing tire me oh, I've lived in Enugu before and I can categorically tell u that water is thier biggest challenge there. I kept wondering if it's impossible to dig borehole there.
Re: Enugu Residents Battle Water Scarcity Again, Buy Sachet Water For Bathing by colestephan86: 7:21am On Dec 30, 2021
ryloy:

https://punchng.com/enugu-residents-battle-water-scarcity-again-buy-sachet-water-for-bathing/

The topography of Enugu is something else.
The state government should do something about it.
Re: Enugu Residents Battle Water Scarcity Again, Buy Sachet Water For Bathing by In4matic: 7:25am On Dec 30, 2021
Man has been able to conquer whatever encumbrance nature put in his path and a hill of less than 1000 feet shouldn't be an exception.
We are in 2021 for crying out loud!

Israel and Dubai are in the middle of the desert but have piped water.

Enugu state government has no excuse

2 Likes

Re: Enugu Residents Battle Water Scarcity Again, Buy Sachet Water For Bathing by In4matic: 7:25am On Dec 30, 2021
Sermwell:

I'm not Igbo but you really sound foolish for nut knowing the reason for water scarcity in places like Enugu! Go and get some education!

My dear, you are Igbo. And there is no justifiable reason why Enugu has no potable water supply. When places like Jos, Maiduguri, Kaduna, Benin City have water available.
Is Enugu the only place coal is found in it's soil?
Your state Leaders are crooks and you've kept recycling them.
Or was it Delta people or 'Afonjas' from Lagos and Ibadan tht came to vote in your Leaders?

Physician, heal thyself!

2 Likes

Re: Enugu Residents Battle Water Scarcity Again, Buy Sachet Water For Bathing by oyatz(m): 7:25am On Dec 30, 2021
Landmack:

The ever filled Oji river is there for Lazy Enugu govt to utilize and help fix her water problem but no,the stuffed up whale of a Governor is busy handing the state over to God. God’s even tired

This shit can never happen in Anambra and our big guys go dey sit don look. Mbanu nu

This Enugu water issue always takes the headline every year and it is becoming embarrassing. If Ugwuanyi is helpless,he should speak OUT!

Water is a basic necessity

In Nigeria, most people think that Government should do certain things for them like

* provision of portable water
*provision of electricity
* Education
*Health services etc

In this era, Government alone can play this roles well. There is an urgent need to concession the provision of portable water to the private water companies.

1 Like

Re: Enugu Residents Battle Water Scarcity Again, Buy Sachet Water For Bathing by Matrix6531: 7:25am On Dec 30, 2021
The problem is not the cost Alone go and reside in Enugu you will see plenty attempts to get water all on vain them go dey drill borehole for 2 months them no go see water
Simonokeh7:

Is Enugwu the only mountainous city in Nigeria?
When drilling boreholes in Enugu, you have to go deeper than the regular borehole depth used in other places with flat land.
The only problem is that it costs more.
Re: Enugu Residents Battle Water Scarcity Again, Buy Sachet Water For Bathing by JaroMan: 7:28am On Dec 30, 2021
i926:
Enugu metropolis is underlain by shale which is an aquitard, and borehole instability might be another issue due to the shaly nature of the subsurface. Running a geophysical survey before drilling, will definitely yield a good outcome on where to drill and depth to drill to. But the problem with the people is that they don't believe in spending money. I know a hotel worth millions, but there's no borehole, they buy water to refill. Drill borehole..mba.

Unlike Northern politicians that commission water projects for their people in cities, towns and villages..an average Eastern politician would prefer to carry some big booty bitch than do such.

Igbos ain't really smart.
grin grin grin
I spent over 8 years in Enugu and Nsukka. I know the very well. All the things you said I'm you 1st paragraph is are correct. But don't forget that people dig wells in places like Obiagu and other ghetto like areas. These are hard waters and as such could not be good for drinking. So govt supply them water, but they are not consistent except in places like GRAs and those areas around streams and water bodies. That's why it looks as if govt can't fix it. Go to GRA, there's water.
You compared water provision in the north to south east and ended up by saying Igbos are not smart.
I lived in Jigawa and know Kano to a reasonable extent: but I must tell you, there is no place in Nigeria you can compare with Anambra on water. I don't know other places ooo. Who will live in your house in Anambra if you don't have water? 20 liters of water in Anambra is N10 with Generator and N5 with PHCN. It takes less than 150k to get borehole in Anambra. So why can't you do it?
Go to villages and see things for yourself.
Come to Dutse, Jigawa and you will cry. Go to Kano, you see what people drink. Gush!!!

And you guys should stop all these blanket opinion against a tribe. Which is Igbo are not smart? This statement alone shows you are a clown
Re: Enugu Residents Battle Water Scarcity Again, Buy Sachet Water For Bathing by JaroMan: 7:31am On Dec 30, 2021
In4matic:

My dear, you are Igbo. And there is no justifiable reason why Enugu has no potable water supply. When places like Jos, Maiduguri, Kaduna, Benin City have water available.
Is Enugu the only place coal is found in it's soil?
Your state Leaders are crooks and you've kept recycling them.
Or was it Delta people or 'Afonjas' from Lagos and Ibadan tht came to vote in your Leaders?

Physician, heal thyself!
What is the name of your state? I bet Enugu state beats it in all indices
Re: Enugu Residents Battle Water Scarcity Again, Buy Sachet Water For Bathing by chigoziri2403(m): 7:32am On Dec 30, 2021
blamingthedevil:

You are making excuses for government. If 1000 public boreholes are done every year since Independence, will that not have aleviated the sufferings of the masses?
if all States in Nigeria have the same topography as Enugu,it will be the same complaints everywhere
Re: Enugu Residents Battle Water Scarcity Again, Buy Sachet Water For Bathing by Sleekfingers: 7:32am On Dec 30, 2021
Awon billionaires

2 Likes

Re: Enugu Residents Battle Water Scarcity Again, Buy Sachet Water For Bathing by Lovenorth: 7:34am On Dec 30, 2021
Ipigs have provided portable water for them
Re: Enugu Residents Battle Water Scarcity Again, Buy Sachet Water For Bathing by Matrix6531: 7:35am On Dec 30, 2021
You won't because aside the rock issues the soil texture and formation of Enugu is very different they have more of sandy soil that looks like sharp sand underneath so it closes and collapses after drill unlike Lagos that still has solid clay formations till you get to water.
shantti:

Yeah but if u dig beyond the coal u will see water.
Re: Enugu Residents Battle Water Scarcity Again, Buy Sachet Water For Bathing by Reality3080: 7:44am On Dec 30, 2021
chukel:
this thing you typed is a very big lie. There is no borehole in enugu metropolis. You can't sink borehole around Enugu metropolis. Even the state Government house buys water from tanker.
have u heard about sarcasm b4?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

NLC Protests Tinubu’s N500bn Subsidy Palliative, Demands 300% Pay Rise / Just In: Gunmen Abduct Ribadu’s Brother / Igboho: Northerners Set To Give Quit Notice To Yorubas In The North

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.