Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,464 members, 7,816,088 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:54 AM

Enugu Residents Battle Water Scarcity Again, Buy Sachet Water For Bathing - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu Residents Battle Water Scarcity Again, Buy Sachet Water For Bathing (20357 Views)

Fuel Scarcity Again; As Filling Stations Shut Down / Enugu Residents Cannot Bath Due To Water Scarcity: Pictures / Water Scarcity In Enugu: Long Queues Sighted In Most Parts Of The State (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu Residents Battle Water Scarcity Again, Buy Sachet Water For Bathing by Cyberterror: 11:23am On Dec 30, 2021
vickydevoka:

Tell them. Water can be recycled. They can build a water collection center. Channel all the water back to the center. Even bathing n toilet water in Dubai are recycled

Where are they going to get that kind of money? Enugu state government can start by subsidizing water that people buy from the truckers because as it is now, the price is out of reach of most.
Re: Enugu Residents Battle Water Scarcity Again, Buy Sachet Water For Bathing by Halo22: 11:25am On Dec 30, 2021
The issue of water scarcity is a serious case in Enugu, I don't know whether the govt is intentionally meting out the punishment on people or they don't have solution to the issue. My cousin who is a hydrologist told me that it won't take him much to flood the town with water, all he needs is just govt support and funding. I traveled to my villa, there's water everywhere. But in Enugu metropolis, people are going through hell to the extent that a 25 litre gallon of water z sold for #100. In fact, it's only God that can save us in this pathetic situation we are in Enugu.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu Residents Battle Water Scarcity Again, Buy Sachet Water For Bathing by Sunday2021: 11:26am On Dec 30, 2021
Maobichek:

Good morning, i saw your comment yesterday on FCT minister pledging to support Next Cash; you called the minister "a fool" and made some other unsavory comments, i overlooked it.

Reading your comment again this morning spurred me into this response: please do away with hate and tribalism, you only registered this moniker April this year but my intuition confirms that you must have been here for ages switching from one moniker to another, hate will do you no good, thank you.
I respect your opinion, therefore I have every right to voice my view. If you don't like my view oya fck out.
Re: Enugu Residents Battle Water Scarcity Again, Buy Sachet Water For Bathing by 35824L: 11:33am On Dec 30, 2021
Iboes can't give themselves water, no wonder they want bia.fraud so badly so that they can steal Niger delta oil wealth to develop their shithole gully erosion ravaged region.
Re: Enugu Residents Battle Water Scarcity Again, Buy Sachet Water For Bathing by Ezewuzie01: 11:44am On Dec 30, 2021
i926:
Enugu metropolis is underlain by shale which is an aquitard, and borehole instability might be another issue due to the shaly nature of the subsurface. Running a geophysical survey before drilling, will definitely yield a good outcome on where to drill and depth to drill to. But the problem with the people is that they don't believe in spending money. I know a hotel worth millions, but there's no borehole, they buy water to refill. Drill borehole..mba.

Unlike Northern politicians that commission water projects for their people in cities, towns and villages..an average Eastern politician would prefer to carry some big booty bitch than do such.

Igbos ain't really smart.

The water problem is peculiar to enugu alone don't drag the whole Igbo into it.
Re: Enugu Residents Battle Water Scarcity Again, Buy Sachet Water For Bathing by ntipro: 12:02pm On Dec 30, 2021
The governor cannot be oblivious of the water scarcity in the state. He grew up there. He attended a public school. Tomorrow now they will say he is a peace loving governor as if the state was at war before he was elected
Re: Enugu Residents Battle Water Scarcity Again, Buy Sachet Water For Bathing by GodIsBiafran: 3:18pm On Dec 30, 2021
In4matic:
Reminds me of the day I drove through Enugu and encountered engine overheating.

I took a keg intending to fetch water from nearby houses/shops/filling stations.

Omo, the way they were looking at me like I was asking for some precious stone baffled me!

Like play, I couldn't get water anywhere, i had to drive it like that till I got to a supermarket and bought bottles of water to fill the radiator.

I got to appreciate my Niger Delta where water can never be a commodity hoarded by anyone...

And they come online to chest beat all the time .

Lies. And you are not from Niger Delta. You are a typical Yoruba because you are very good in propaganda.
Re: Enugu Residents Battle Water Scarcity Again, Buy Sachet Water For Bathing by eaglechild: 9:45am On Dec 31, 2021
okeyglm:
Enugu is surrounded by water. the technology is there. what is lacking is willingness, without siphoning money.
Which water?
You haven't given any answers.
Just a generic response.
I agree that there is lack of willingness.
Especially with this present government which is crap
However, Enugu presents a unique challenge.
Re: Enugu Residents Battle Water Scarcity Again, Buy Sachet Water For Bathing by okeyglm: 10:05am On Dec 31, 2021
eaglechild:

Which water?
You haven't given any answers.
Just a generic response.
I agree that there is lack of willingness.
Especially with this present government which is crap
However, Enugu presents a unique challenge.
look I am geologist ok, distance from ajali formation to Mamu formation where Enugu city is located is less than 3km. even though part of ajali entered into abakpa by ugbene 2 ugbondafu. I don't want to mention about rivers surrounding Enugu around.
Re: Enugu Residents Battle Water Scarcity Again, Buy Sachet Water For Bathing by eaglechild: 10:36am On Dec 31, 2021
okeyglm:
look I am geologist ok, distance from ajali formation to Mamu formation where Enugu city is located is less than 3km. even though part of ajali entered into abakpa by ugbene 2 ugbondafu. I don't want to mention about rivers surrounding Enugu around.
Then you should know that the Mamu formation is predominantly coaliferous and overlies the more viable Ajali formation for a considerable part close to the city. Hence why the piping will have to come from further out.
We are not talking about a few hundred people here, we are talking supplying sustainable water for over a million.
By rivers I hope it's not Ekulu you have in mind, because that dries out during dry season in most parts. In fact it was siphoned away when trans Ekulu bridge was built.
Re: Enugu Residents Battle Water Scarcity Again, Buy Sachet Water For Bathing by okeyglm: 10:45am On Dec 31, 2021
eaglechild:

Then you should know that the Mamu formation is predominantly coaliferous and overlies the more viable Ajali formation for a considerable part close to the city. Hence why the piping will have to come from further out.
We are not talking about a few hundred people here, we are talking supplying sustainable water for over a million.
By rivers I hope it's not Ekulu you have in mind, because that dries out during dry season in most parts. In fact it was siphoned away when trans Ekulu bridge was built.
what is the distance of ajali formation from the contact with Mamu? how much is pipe? there is no excuse for Enugu not to have water. if the government can't do it let them privatize the water board.
Re: Enugu Residents Battle Water Scarcity Again, Buy Sachet Water For Bathing by Kfed4ril(m): 8:27pm On Dec 31, 2021
smartasuen:
Can't the very affluent men and women there team up to do boreholes on every street?
I mean, how much will it cost them........

Just as the name enu ugwu, it’s on a hill and as such borehole no go work.

You’ll just keep on digging stones without water
Re: Enugu Residents Battle Water Scarcity Again, Buy Sachet Water For Bathing by Kissiemu(m): 8:34pm On Dec 31, 2021
Golan007:
I thought Enugu was in God's hands.
When Benin man says, "Na God hand we dey", what do you think he means?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Enugu Residents Battle Water Scarcity Again, Buy Sachet Water For Bathing by Landmack: 12:16am On Jan 01, 2022
Agoziewin:
Waiting for the state government to draw water line for those in metropolis is never happening. Enugu state govt house has 2-3 water tankers that runs to 9th mile to fetch water for governor's office and uses. There's no water bore pipe line at State govt house and you expect the govt to care about the citizens since they don't benefits from water corps system of the state?
Enugu state water tankers association, has a strong links and connections that they're using to make sure that they don't share enough water through water corporation during dry season. That's they'll bribe the corporation, so that people will be depending on them to have water at this season and the price is not something to write home about.
In summary, the state has failed to produce ordinary water to those at the metropolis because, those that are feeding on the misery of the citizenry are fighting with the state government with Unimaginable ferocity to make those living in Enugu at their mercies during dry season. ENUGU STATE IS NOT AT THE HAND OF GOD ANYMORE, THEY'VE HIJACK IT TO THEIR BELLY
IPOB should assist in providing water
Re: Enugu Residents Battle Water Scarcity Again, Buy Sachet Water For Bathing by BRATISLAVA: 9:21pm On Jan 02, 2022
i926:
Enugu metropolis is underlain by shale which is an aquitard, and borehole instability might be another issue due to the shaly nature of the subsurface. Running a geophysical survey before drilling, will definitely yield a good outcome on where to drill and depth to drill to. But the problem with the people is that they don't believe in spending money. I know a hotel worth millions, but there's no borehole, they buy water to refill. Drill borehole..mba.

Unlike Northern politicians that commission water projects for their people in cities, towns and villages..an average Eastern politician would prefer to carry some big booty bitch than do such.

Igbos ain't really smart.

Do you think they will listen?

Nigerians don't drill boreholes properly/knowledgeably. They feel they should just drill anywhere and water will come out. They don't believe in survey. They think it's a way to steal money from them. Anything that requires them to get a professional opinion is usually avoided. It is the same reason why rather than seeing a doctor, they prefer to come online and take any medicine they see.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu Residents Battle Water Scarcity Again, Buy Sachet Water For Bathing by leicestercamper: 4:32am On Jan 10, 2022
Koning the envious bitter frustrated wawa miscreant, come and defend your useless shithole enugu that doesn't have water to drink notbtontalk of batting.
Re: Enugu Residents Battle Water Scarcity Again, Buy Sachet Water For Bathing by Nobody: 5:47am On Jan 16, 2022
AsomughaChuks05:

This is a lie. The only means of getting water in Enugu is by buying from water tankers or waiting for rain to fall. No law prevents anyone from sinking borehole..,they don't do it because it is impossible to get water by sinking borehole since Enugu is on a coal bed. The water board in Enugu doesn't function.,most of the pipes are rusted, broken, lead pipes that cause cancer. So people rarely patronize it when it supplies droplets of water twice a year in public junctions not even peoples homes.
If you live in Enugu, I may stand down and strike out your state on my post because you are the sufferer and may know much better about your state than me. But most of the civil service states or colonialists inhabited states prevent residents from sinking boreholes, you might want to note that I particularly pointed out Cross River state as well. So sorry for your perpetual water glitches. Accept my sincere condolences

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Julius Berger, Setraco, Others To Manage 12 Highways / Binani’s Acceptance Speech Confirms She’s Party To Illegal Declaration – Falana / Eye-Witness: AGIP Oil Company Port Harcourt Barricaded- Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.