Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,497 members, 7,830,501 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 12:02 AM

My Fiancée Uses Too Much Salt.. How Do I Correct Her? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Fiancée Uses Too Much Salt.. How Do I Correct Her? (2955 Views)

My Fiancée Called Off Our Wedding With Four Days To Go / My Dad Insists That My Fiancée Must Take Fertility Test Before Marriage / My Fiancée Has Stopped Picking My Calls, Please Advise Me On What To Do (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Fiancée Uses Too Much Salt.. How Do I Correct Her? by garriAndsugar: 8:44pm On Dec 29, 2021
Onepointfiveodds:

I wish you understand how well I've tried.

We dated 3 years bfr getting to this point... My job bfr now gave me enough time to do anything after 3pm, so most of the times, i do the cooking, untill now that she has to cook fr me most times cos of the nature of my job.

My point is I've bn helping her with the cooking with the intention that she'll learn from me but now i can't do that again because of the nature of my job
She should be cooking with lesser salt she can add more to her plate when eating since she likes much salt..

1 Like

Re: My Fiancée Uses Too Much Salt.. How Do I Correct Her? by HRSweetness(f): 8:47pm On Dec 29, 2021
descarado:

Then you don't know how love operates. Love is never selfess.
A man appeal o you cos he cares. How does he care?
He gives you everything you can think of.
U call it love.
If he stops, love will start dying.
A man loves a woman unconditionally cos she mothers him, her pussy is so sweet to him. Remove these and love dies.
Love is very very selfish and not blind. Know this and you will never experience a broken heart kiss

Wonderful lipsrsealed
Re: My Fiancée Uses Too Much Salt.. How Do I Correct Her? by JONNYSPUTE(m): 8:50pm On Dec 29, 2021
Onepointfiveodds:
I've tried everything in my power to correct her in love but she's always defensive and most times end up fighting me for correcting her..

I'm engaged to be married to her in few months and i love her so much. I really don't have a problem with the fact that she put too much salt in everything but she can't be corrected and i don't know how else to go about it.

This salt stuffs isn't really good for my health.
.....Why are most of you guys so weak? Tell her you don't like it and let her know the implications on your health.

If she can't take simple correction like this I wonder what will happen if a bigger issue arises.

If she still insist on repeating such,then she is not ready for marriage. Use your head and not your heart.

2 Likes

Re: My Fiancée Uses Too Much Salt.. How Do I Correct Her? by Nobody: 8:51pm On Dec 29, 2021
E be like say you no like your life at all. Excess intake of salt causes high blood pressure which in turn ruin the kidneys, heart and other vitals.
Her refusal to not being corrected is a very huge redflag. Throwaway love go one side and use your head. Can you cope with this shit long term? Your answer to this will give u a clear path to your decision.

1 Like

Re: My Fiancée Uses Too Much Salt.. How Do I Correct Her? by everythinggirly(f): 8:52pm On Dec 29, 2021
Tell her about it politely. She may think she is doing it right if you don't complain.
Re: My Fiancée Uses Too Much Salt.. How Do I Correct Her? by Kobojunkie: 8:54pm On Dec 29, 2021
HRSweetness:
Your concluding paragraph suggests that each partner focus on their strengths. I agree.

1. I disagree with you assuming that to be corrected is to be "schooled" or forced to change. If you have this mindset, you'd mostly have highly unproductive relationships resulting from poor interpersonal skills.

2. What is wrong with the partner becoming better in the art of cooking rather than give up completely because they are being corrected?
1. I am going by the OP'S submission here. As you read there, she is worth disqualifying because she has yet to take to his corrections/schooling of her. undecided

2. She can become better,over time. But OP'S demand seems to require the change he expects happen because he's told her it should. undecided
Re: My Fiancée Uses Too Much Salt.. How Do I Correct Her? by Belafonte(m): 8:59pm On Dec 29, 2021
Kobojunkie:
You don't have a problem with it but instead you have a problem with the fact that she does not bend to your whim? undecided

The salt stuffs isn't good for your health, so have you suggested you maybe take over as far as cooking is concerned or is this a case of "the woman has to cook for her husband or she is disqualified"? undecided

He doesn't have to take over cooking. Learning to cook shouldn't be a problem. If she's not willing to learn, he should dump her unteachable áss
Re: My Fiancée Uses Too Much Salt.. How Do I Correct Her? by illicit(m): 9:03pm On Dec 29, 2021
ikeno:
you:babe,this food is So delicious.you always the best when it comes to cooking a delicious meal.
she:thank you
you:least I forget,I visited the hospital just for routine checkup on my body and the doc said my blood pressure is slightly high that too much of salt could be d culprit.he advise I reduce my salt intake.

You don't have to lie

What's the point?

2 Likes

Re: My Fiancée Uses Too Much Salt.. How Do I Correct Her? by HRSweetness(f): 9:07pm On Dec 29, 2021
Kobojunkie:
1. I am going by the OP'S submission here. As you read there, she is worth disqualifying because she has yet to take to his corrections/schooling of her. undecided

2. She can become better,over time. But OP'S demand seems to require it happen because he's told her it should. undecided

She is worth disqualifying because she refuses to listen and see reason with her partner. The OP stated she becomes defensive each time he attempts to correct her. I think you have a problem with the phrase "correcting her". To correct someone means to tell or show someone that something is wrong with the intention of making it right.

If a partner is not open to correction, that is a non progressive person who'd make a poor team player. Any wise person who intends to enjoy a good quality of life, don't need people like that as a significant other.

To your second point, she will only become better overtime only if she agrees there's actually a problem and she clearly doesn't cos she fails to listen to any form of reason.

3 Likes

Re: My Fiancée Uses Too Much Salt.. How Do I Correct Her? by conscienceman4(m): 9:21pm On Dec 29, 2021
You have sentenced yourself to silent death if you go ahead and marry in blinded love.
Re: My Fiancée Uses Too Much Salt.. How Do I Correct Her? by TheeDetective: 9:21pm On Dec 29, 2021
@Op; heavy salt intake is not what you joke with. Is it when you are diagnosed with high blood pressure due to your excessive salt intake before your eyes will clear? undecided

Is it your fiancée that will be taking the medication that will be prescribed to you as a result of the high blood pressure diagnosis? undecided

Let your fiancée know that it’s not only you that will have the high blood pressure; she will also have it as well since she also eats the salty food too. Reduce the salt in your meals ASAP to avoid stories that touch (I.e. to avoid being diagnosed with HBP).

Lastly, as you said she’s being defensive and most times end up fighting with you on issues such as the one you have narrated; you need to think very well if you can put up with this sort of character. There will always be something else that will create an issue where it needs addressing and if this character is what she currently shows when matters arise, THEN THINK VERY WELL BEFORE YOU SAY "I DO". Enough said.

3 Likes

Re: My Fiancée Uses Too Much Salt.. How Do I Correct Her? by Kobojunkie: 9:23pm On Dec 29, 2021
Onepointfiveodds:
I wish you understand how well I've tried.

We dated 3 years bfr getting to this point... My job bfr now gave me enough time to do anything after 3pm, so most of the times, i do the cooking, untill now that she has to cook fr me most times cos of the nature of my job.

My point is I've bn helping her with the cooking with the intention that she'll learn from me but now i can't do that again because of the nature of my job
You are looking for someone who will "learn from and do as you instruct. This woman is likely not that kind. Does not mean there is anything wrong with her.... instead you want someone who will bow to your whim. undecided

I suggest you let the lady know she is disqualified. And go seek and find that women who will submit to your whims instead. undecided
Re: My Fiancée Uses Too Much Salt.. How Do I Correct Her? by JONNYSPUTE(m): 9:25pm On Dec 29, 2021
.....It's a pity that most guys of this generation have sold their birth rights for pussy.
Just imagine what a guy about getting married to a lady is complaining about.

If a lady you are about to Marry can't
humble herself and take little corrections like this,Oga leave her.

I'm married with kids and even though I don't normally eat at home due to the nature of my job,my wife can't even prepare anything food especially dinner without first calling me on the phone to enquire what I want to eat and how to prepare it.

Sometimes I keep wondering the kind of weak,pussy sissies we have now parading as men.

Shame on you all.

1 Like

Re: My Fiancée Uses Too Much Salt.. How Do I Correct Her? by Kobojunkie: 9:39pm On Dec 29, 2021
HRSweetness:
1. She is worth disqualifying because she refuses to listen and see reason with her partner. The OP stated she becomes defensive each time he attempts to correct her. I think you have a problem with the phrase "correcting her". To correct someone means to tell or show someone that something is wrong with the intention of making it right.

2. If a partner is not open to correction, that is a non progressive person who'd make a poor team player. Any wise person who intends to enjoy a good quality of life, don't need people like that as a significant other.

To your second point, she will only become better overtime only if she agrees there's actually a problem and she clearly doesn't cos she fails to listen to any form of reason.
1. I don't agree with you there. Also, listening to and reasoning with a partner is different from taking correction from a partner. undecided

2. A relationship is an agreement between two adults, not a school where one partner "teaches" the other anything. The word compromise should be used instead of the word "correction here. undecided

3. Agreements are not reached in a flash - it happens over time. undecided
Re: My Fiancée Uses Too Much Salt.. How Do I Correct Her? by MufasaLion: 9:44pm On Dec 29, 2021
I am so sure she's always on makeover.
Re: My Fiancée Uses Too Much Salt.. How Do I Correct Her? by HRSweetness(f): 9:48pm On Dec 29, 2021
Kobojunkie:
1. I don't agree with you there. Also, listening to and reasoning with a partner is different from taking correction from a partner. undecided

2. A relationship is an agreement between two adults, not a school where one partner "teaches" the other anything. The word compromise should be used instead of the word "correction here. undecided

3. Agreements are not reached in a flash - it happens over time. undecided

Well, like I mentioned in my previous response to you, you have problem with the word correct, and I have attempted to explain the meaning.

Correction comes from listening and the willingness to see reason.

Agreements do not need to happen overtime if both parties are willing to make the required compromise and have the integrity to keep to their end of the bargain.

3 Likes

Re: My Fiancée Uses Too Much Salt.. How Do I Correct Her? by Kobojunkie: 9:52pm On Dec 29, 2021
HRSweetness:
1. Well, like I mentioned in my previous response to you, you have problem with the word correct, and I have attempted to explain the meaning.

2. Correction comes from listening and the willingness to see reason.

3. Agreements do not need to happen overtime if both parties are willing to make the required compromise and have the integrity to keep to their end of the bargain.
1. I don't have a problem with the word at all. I am stating instead that a relationship is meant as process of negotiation not of corrections. undecided

2. Negotiations come from listening and reasoning with the other individual you are in contract with. undecided

3. Agreements do take place overtime, not all of them being instant. undecided
Re: My Fiancée Uses Too Much Salt.. How Do I Correct Her? by HRSweetness(f): 10:02pm On Dec 29, 2021
Kobojunkie:
1. I don't have a problem with the word at all. I am stating instead that a relationship is meant as process of negotiation not of corrections. undecided

2. Negotiations come from listening and reasoning with the other individual you are in contract with. undecided

3. Agreements do take place overtime, not all of them being instant. undecided

1. I see your point and agree that issues in productive relationships be addressed from a process of negotiation. I also think that if you trust that your partner respects you , you should be able to accept corrections from them.

2.So does correction.

3. I agree, not all of them will be instant. It could however be instant if both partners decide to instantly see reason.
Re: My Fiancée Uses Too Much Salt.. How Do I Correct Her? by Kobojunkie: 10:05pm On Dec 29, 2021
HRSweetness:
1. I see your point and agree that issues in productive relationships be addressed from a process of negotiation. I also think that if you trust that your partner respects you , you should be able to accept corrections from them.

2.So does correction.

3. I agree, not all of them will be instant. It could however be instant if both partners decide to instantly see reason.
1. Trust ke? lipsrsealed

2. However,in relationship, negotiation is what the process ought to be - when dealing with adult egoes, you negotiate your way to a resolution instead. undecided

3. Again, adult egos at play here. lipsrsealed
Re: My Fiancée Uses Too Much Salt.. How Do I Correct Her? by HRSweetness(f): 10:10pm On Dec 29, 2021
Kobojunkie:
1. Trust ke? lipsrsealed

2. However,in relationship, negotiation is what the process ought to be - when dealing with adult egoes, you negotiate your way to a resolution instead. undecided

3. Again, adult egos at play here. lipsrsealed

grin you have trust issues?

From the ego perspective, I agree with you that the manner of approach should be carefully considered.
Re: My Fiancée Uses Too Much Salt.. How Do I Correct Her? by Kobojunkie: 10:13pm On Dec 29, 2021
HRSweetness:

grin 1. you have trust issues?

2. From the ego perspective, I agree with you that the manner of approach should be carefully considered.
1. I have never really considered humans trustworthy.... I mean by default we are fallible beings by our very nature so what does it mean to say you trust an intrinsically fallible being? The idea simply doesn't compute for me. undecided

2. Exactly! undecided
Re: My Fiancée Uses Too Much Salt.. How Do I Correct Her? by HRSweetness(f): 10:18pm On Dec 29, 2021
Kobojunkie:
1. I have never really considered humans trustworthy.... I mean by default we are fallible beings by our very nature so what does it mean to say you trust an intrinsically fallible being? The idea simply doesn't compute for me. undecided

2. Exactly! undecided

1. Very interesting perspective. But you do give the benefit of the doubt?
Re: My Fiancée Uses Too Much Salt.. How Do I Correct Her? by Kobojunkie: 10:23pm On Dec 29, 2021
HRSweetness:
1. Very interesting perspective. But you do give the benefit of the doubt?
Everytime... i don't trust my own self, so how I go trust someone else. I prefer to live and let live, tackle each issue as it comes. undecided
Re: My Fiancée Uses Too Much Salt.. How Do I Correct Her? by HRSweetness(f): 10:30pm On Dec 29, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Everytime... i don't trust my own self, so how I go trust someone else. I prefer to live and let live, tackle each issue as it comes. undecided

LOL. I'm curious to know how you apply the live and let live mantra seeing as you are opinionated and can be resolute in holding unto your beliefs.

By the way, this has been one of the most intellectually engaging conversations I've had on here. Thanks for being a worthy challenger cheesy
Re: My Fiancée Uses Too Much Salt.. How Do I Correct Her? by Erums(m): 10:31pm On Dec 29, 2021
Onepointfiveodds:
I've tried everything in my power to correct her in love but she's always defensive and most times end up fighting me for correcting her..

I'm engaged to be married to her in few months and i love her so much. I really don't have a problem with the fact that she put too much salt in everything but she can't be corrected and i don't know how else to go about it.
This salt stuffs isn't really good for my health.

No go allow that community bitch cut your intestine with salt shaa
Re: My Fiancée Uses Too Much Salt.. How Do I Correct Her? by Kobojunkie: 10:41pm On Dec 29, 2021
HRSweetness:
1. LOL. I'm curious to know how you apply the live and let live mantra seeing as you are opinionated and can be resolute in holding unto your beliefs.

By the way, this has been one of the most intellectually engaging conversations I've had on here. Thanks for being a worthy challenger cheesy
1. I may be opinionated but I don't go around imposing those opinions on others. I instead try to see things, as much as I can, from the viewpoint of others. Ofcourse that don't mean I will ever come to agree with 'em though. undecided

2. Thanks! Make I grab the compliments before you change your mind abeg! grin
Re: My Fiancée Uses Too Much Salt.. How Do I Correct Her? by Bambam321(m): 10:41pm On Dec 29, 2021
No vex Bros
probably she's from Ebonyi state ( The salt of the nation

1 Like

Re: My Fiancée Uses Too Much Salt.. How Do I Correct Her? by HRSweetness(f): 10:47pm On Dec 29, 2021
Kobojunkie:
1. I may be opinionated but I don't go around imposing those opinions on others. I instead try to see things, as much as I can, from the viewpoint of others. Ofcourse that don't mean I will ever come to agree with 'em though. undecided

2. Thanks! Make I grab the compliments before you change your mind abeg! grin

1. Your last sentence, you're a hard nut cheesy

2. I am not that fickle cheesy

Let's converse more often. wink I get time for shakara oh, so if you like do shakara cheesy
Re: My Fiancée Uses Too Much Salt.. How Do I Correct Her? by Kobojunkie: 10:55pm On Dec 29, 2021
HRSweetness:
1. Your last sentence, you're a hard nut cheesy

2. I am not that fickle cheesy

Let's converse more often. wink I get time for shakara oh, so if you like do shakara cheesy
I don't think I am that hard a nut to crack though. I simply require convincing evidence is all. I remain quite teachable as an individual, I learn knew things about self and the world around me everyday, so it isn't the case that I am some closed book.... i am quite the opposite as I am very open-minded, however, what I refuse to do is ingest trash. grin

Anytime! undecided
Re: My Fiancée Uses Too Much Salt.. How Do I Correct Her? by Richy4(m): 11:02pm On Dec 29, 2021
@ Onepointfiveodds, the worst thing u can do in life is to end up with someone that is not teachable or someone that feels he/she is above being corrected...Even organizations finds those kind of people exhausting......

It might seem minor now but later, U will understand how trying it can be...I'm every glad u were not blinded with those Rose spectacles couples wear when in love....This is the best time to take a rain check..... Find out if u can tolerate this attitude...Good Luck buddy...

By the way, The good book says U are the "SALT" of the earth...Your woman may have recognized that and decided to add excess smiley
Re: My Fiancée Uses Too Much Salt.. How Do I Correct Her? by Nobody: 11:04pm On Dec 29, 2021
You love someone whos not putting your health first and fights you when you try to correct her? Mumu love.

Continue eating her salty food until your kidneys pack up. Then the love will clear when she refuses to part with one of her kidneys for you.

Even for her, salt is bad.
Re: My Fiancée Uses Too Much Salt.. How Do I Correct Her? by HRSweetness(f): 11:05pm On Dec 29, 2021
Kobojunkie:
I don't think I am that hard a nut to crack though. I simply require convincing evidence is all. I remain quite teachable as an individual, I learn knew things about self and the world around me everyday, so it isn't the case that I am some closed book.... i am quite the opposite as I am very open-minded, however, what I refuse to do is ingest trash. grin

Anytime! undecided

You are fascinating. But many people confuse fascinating for controversial.

Why the undecided look+ don't you trust me? cheesy lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Was Going Through A Lot, Depressed Then, I Got Scammed / Why Do Most Married Women Cheat / Places To Avoid When Relocating To Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.