Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,433 members, 7,830,183 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:26 PM

My Fiancée Uses Too Much Salt.. How Do I Correct Her? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Fiancée Uses Too Much Salt.. How Do I Correct Her? (2947 Views)

My Fiancée Called Off Our Wedding With Four Days To Go / My Dad Insists That My Fiancée Must Take Fertility Test Before Marriage / My Fiancée Has Stopped Picking My Calls, Please Advise Me On What To Do (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Fiancée Uses Too Much Salt.. How Do I Correct Her? by Kobojunkie: 7:28am On Jan 01, 2022
Onepointfiveodds:
Now i see whr the problem is, you probably must have misinterpreted one or two of my words. What i meant by that statement is YES, no one is without flaws, i don't have a problem with hers. Buh as couples, i expect us to have a way to work around those flaws. Sadly In my own case she isn't always ready to reason with me on how to go about it.

This isn't a case of dogmatism at all.
Is your mind made up as far as ending the relationship? undecided
Re: My Fiancée Uses Too Much Salt.. How Do I Correct Her? by Acidosis(m): 8:04am On Jan 01, 2022
Kobojunkie:
But how are red flags to be "ironed out"? undecided

As for the marriage lamentation threads, let's be honest with ourselves here. The vast majority of those threads are created by individuals who went into marriage believe they had power to correct red flags to begin with. undecided

Again, every relationship that involves human beings has red flags - there exists no relationship without them. So the question is are we meant to correct those red flags or find a way to negotiate the red flags/issues instead or find other partners whose red flags we can better tolerate. undecided

Another issue I note is how people tend to generalize as far as red flags are concerned. What may be a red flag/issue for one person may not be for another. To the OP, the salty food isn't his issue here. He made it quit clear that his big problem is she does not take correction from him. His expectation is that his partner must llsten and be corrected by him. undecided

And what's wrong about this? Are you above correction? Or does the word correction hurts you because it's coming from a male to a female?

Please how else do you change someone who's used to adding excess salt to food? Take her out for a boat cruise?

Please drop some of these senseless arguments in 2022. No one is above correction. You don't always have to be on the opposing side every time. If the word hurts you, go and delete it from the English dictionary.

3 Likes

Re: My Fiancée Uses Too Much Salt.. How Do I Correct Her? by Onepointfiveodds: 8:47am On Jan 01, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Is your mind made up as far as ending the relationship? undecided

Ending the relationship keh... I don't want that
Re: My Fiancée Uses Too Much Salt.. How Do I Correct Her? by Kobojunkie: 8:48am On Jan 01, 2022
Onepointfiveodds:
Ending the relationship keh... I don't want that
Ok, so she does not want to quit her terrible cooking habit, and you don't want to quit her, how then do you plan to move forward in the relationship? undecided
Re: My Fiancée Uses Too Much Salt.. How Do I Correct Her? by iPresh4s(m): 10:14pm On Jan 01, 2022
You need to handle this as soon as possible.

Treat as urgent

If its too salty, don't eat it. Drink garri instead, Then she will start taking it seriously

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

So Unfair To Women / Young Man Under The Influence Of Colos Looses His Mind. / Am Not Enjoying My Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.