Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,075 members, 7,828,791 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:16 PM

What Exactly Is The Significance Of Cross Over Night? – Charly Boy - Celebrities (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / What Exactly Is The Significance Of Cross Over Night? – Charly Boy (19886 Views)

Kanayo O Kanayo And Anita Ukah At Cros-over Night In Mbaise Imo State / Davido And Sophia Momodu Spent Cross Over Night Together / Maggy Anwuli Oputa: Charly Boy's Daughter Who Is A Bodybuilder & Mother Of 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Exactly Is The Significance Of Cross Over Night? – Charly Boy by lexy2014: 8:09am On Jan 01, 2022
omonla10:
show me scriptures where Jesus instructed u to have ur bath or brush ur teeth since u decided to be mischievous

Do u bath and wash your teeth once a year, in the church as part of your spiritual obligations& practice?

Kindly u identify the mischief below:

Show him scriptures. Even Jesus didn't insult the devil when he came to him. He said "it is written". So counter what Charly boy said with scriptures not insult
Re: What Exactly Is The Significance Of Cross Over Night? – Charly Boy by lexy2014: 8:11am On Jan 01, 2022
Truvelisback:
Even a little child knows the significance of cross over. That he isn't a christain or belief in such doesn't mean he should say anything contrary to those who believed in it.

Then it shouldn't be a problem for u telling us the significance since u say "Even a little child knows the significance of cross over".
Re: What Exactly Is The Significance Of Cross Over Night? – Charly Boy by lexy2014: 8:13am On Jan 01, 2022
sonofElElyon:
He should continue with his logic and analysis!

There is that which is after the physical.. the supernatural... Ta meta ta physika.. the spiritual..

Has he ever stopped to wonder why his daughter became gay? He invited the spirit into his family line with his transvestite queer gay like tendencies.. even kissing denrele at some point !

But how does this answer the question he asked about the significance of crossover night

2 Likes

Re: What Exactly Is The Significance Of Cross Over Night? – Charly Boy by Truvelisback(m): 8:26am On Jan 01, 2022
lexy2014:

Then it shouldn't be a problem for u telling us the significance since u say "Even a little child knows the significance of cross over".
It's a day Christians thank God for seeing the end of year alive and praying/thanking God for seeing the next year. It's not just an ordinary day, it's a day of celeberation for Christians. Atheist are free to think and say whatever they like.
Re: What Exactly Is The Significance Of Cross Over Night? – Charly Boy by lexy2014: 8:33am On Jan 01, 2022
Truvelisback:
It's a day Christians thank God for seeing the end of year alive and praying/thanking God for seeing the next year. It's not just an ordinary day, it's a day of celeberation for Christians. Atheist are free to think and say whatever they like.

Who set it aside as a day christians thank God for seeing the end of the year Alice and praying/thanking God for seeing the next year?

Why is the day not an ordinary day? If it isn't an ordinary day, that means every other day of the year is ordinary, right?

If u say that it is a day of celebration for christians, are every other day of the year days of mourning?
Re: What Exactly Is The Significance Of Cross Over Night? – Charly Boy by Shafiiimran99: 8:39am On Jan 01, 2022
isaiah4life:
To him and some, it has no significance but imagine being outside the upper room on the day of Pentecost.

Naso HOLY SPIRIT COME ON ONLY 120 people excluding outsiders.

I will rather be in the house of the lord on the last day and first day of the year than inside my house.

Argue with your keyboard.
Did Jesus did cross over? Did Jesus does any cross over?
Re: What Exactly Is The Significance Of Cross Over Night? – Charly Boy by Lovenorth: 8:47am On Jan 01, 2022
We would not see the so-called 'righteousness' on this thread because this crossover is just an opportunity pastors use to milk their gullible followers dry, it has no scriptural origin. Christians always doing things of no scriptural origin, like worshipping Jesus, Christmas, New year, going to Churches every Sunday and singing and dancing
Re: What Exactly Is The Significance Of Cross Over Night? – Charly Boy by superCleanworks(m): 9:03am On Jan 01, 2022
isaiah4life:
To him and some, it has no significance but imagine being outside the upper room on the day of Pentecost.

I will rather be in the house of the lord on the last day and first day of the year than inside my house.

What a daft analysis.
Why don't you go for cross over into a new week, a new month, a new day?

You think you made it this far because you were in a church when the year started?
Re: What Exactly Is The Significance Of Cross Over Night? – Charly Boy by sonofElElyon: 9:20am On Jan 01, 2022
lexy2014:

But how does this answer the question he asked about the significance of crossover night

People gathering to commit their lives in the new year to their Creator doesn't need any explanation.. what exactly is wrong with a person committing his new year into the hands of God

Charlie boy (and probably also you) just wants to show the anti church tendencies in him
Re: What Exactly Is The Significance Of Cross Over Night? – Charly Boy by lexy2014: 9:21am On Jan 01, 2022
sonofElElyon:

People gathering to commit their lives in the new year to their Creator doesn't need any explanation.. what exactly is wrong with a person committing his new year into the hands of God

Charlie boy (and probably also you) just wants to show the anti church tendencies in him

Good. So how does your comment about his family answer his enquiry about the significance of crossover night?
Re: What Exactly Is The Significance Of Cross Over Night? – Charly Boy by Jodha(f): 10:38am On Jan 01, 2022
Horokrox:
You're the one spewing forth hogwash undecided

K
Re: What Exactly Is The Significance Of Cross Over Night? – Charly Boy by PeachtreeReside(f): 11:19am On Jan 01, 2022
I lowkey support him.

Personal introspection beats this crossover tradition of ours.

Can we learn to stand apart from the crowd and know what we want and devise ways to achieve them?

Nigerians and Africans need to start doing things differently.
Re: What Exactly Is The Significance Of Cross Over Night? – Charly Boy by FWESHVEIN(m): 11:50am On Jan 01, 2022
isaiah4life:

Please make adequate research to prevent confusion. Those 120 were disciples of jesus Christ and were invited to the upper room, hence they were in fact chosen. This doesn't mean those left behind are cursed, useless, unfaithful etc. Besides, they were given holy spirit to speak in tongues (different languages) not crossing over to the next year!
Re: What Exactly Is The Significance Of Cross Over Night? – Charly Boy by wowo2: 12:36pm On Jan 01, 2022
Live and let live. It has probably just over time, become tradition. It reminds me of how many European churches will have their congregation wait after Sunday service for tea and biscuits so that they can meet one another. Many Nigerian churches in diaspora have picked the tradition up and serve jollof rice or meat pie and drinks after service - will be nice if it is done every Sunday grin

Nigerian churches are free to hold any day or night church service including crossover if they want to. Oyinbo churches don’t do it. Even night vigils are strange and sound ridiculous to them. It is not their cup of tea.
Re: What Exactly Is The Significance Of Cross Over Night? – Charly Boy by sonofElElyon: 2:00pm On Jan 01, 2022
lexy2014:

Good. So how does your comment about his family answer his enquiry about the significance of crossover night?

It wasn't meant to answer his enquiry but to show that his enquiry was not well intentioned.. only meant to ridicule. Am enquiry that already described the practice as "Nonsense" without waiting for a response is no genuine enquiry. Furthermore the ones that ridicule spiritual matters are the ones who need them the most !!!
Re: What Exactly Is The Significance Of Cross Over Night? – Charly Boy by jaiyeorie: 2:38pm On Jan 01, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtAWTpA89T0
Faith Nketsi - Sumo Night club birthday
Re: What Exactly Is The Significance Of Cross Over Night? – Charly Boy by lexy2014: 3:24pm On Jan 01, 2022
sonofElElyon:

It wasn't meant to answer his enquiry but to show that his enquiry was not well intentioned.. only meant to ridicule. Am enquiry that already described the practice as "Nonsense" without waiting for a response is no genuine enquiry. Furthermore the ones that ridicule spiritual matters are the ones who need them the most !!!

If your answer wasn't meant to answer his enquiry, why then did u make reference to his family?
Re: What Exactly Is The Significance Of Cross Over Night? – Charly Boy by sonofElElyon: 3:31pm On Jan 01, 2022
lexy2014:

If your answer wasn't meant to answer his enquiry, why then did u make reference to his family?

Will you just read my last post, particularly the last part.. slowly this time ?

If you still don't get it after reading again then forget it
Re: What Exactly Is The Significance Of Cross Over Night? – Charly Boy by lexy2014: 4:00pm On Jan 01, 2022
sonofElElyon:

Will you just read my last post, particularly the last part.. slowly this time ?

If you still don't get it after reading again then forget it

It's because I read your last post that's why I asked u this question:

Re: What Exactly Is The Significance Of Cross Over Night? – Charly Boy by gentlegenius(m): 5:51pm On Jan 01, 2022
itsme01:
cool

The Bible and Quran says that large group prayers and when people come together to serve God it is more beneficial

Pls state the portion of the bible that support this.
I am waiting...
Re: What Exactly Is The Significance Of Cross Over Night? – Charly Boy by itsme01: 6:07pm On Jan 01, 2022
gentlegenius:

Pls state the portion of the bible that support this.
I am waiting...

Where two or three are gathered in my name I am in the midst of them” (Matthew 18:20).

the Holy Spirit is present whenever believers gather together (Matthew 18:20)
Re: What Exactly Is The Significance Of Cross Over Night? – Charly Boy by CloudResident(m): 11:03pm On Jan 01, 2022
Haylel:

In your mind now, you're one of the illuminated few.

If we dig deep into every supposed idolatory religion, you'll find that no single day from the whole 365 is free from having one idol or the other that the day is dedicated to.
Does that mean that you're worshipping those idols on those days?
. My dear brother, read!
Read and your will be emancipated.

I ready my case. undecided

People go to church, get on their knees calling on the name of God, worshipping the essence of the creator, giving their Thanksgiving to him and you negate all that saying they're worshipping Janus because it was dedicated to one little idol almost every is ignorant of its existence.

Your God is such a weak one to allow an idol hijack all the worship proclaimed unto him because the day it was done was dedicated to one inanimate idol.

Unlearn and relearn.
Re: What Exactly Is The Significance Of Cross Over Night? – Charly Boy by Haylel: 5:30am On Jan 02, 2022
CloudResident:
If you had the truth with you, you should/could have countered my proposition.
Like I said, don't be dogmatic, unlearn and relearn.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

D'banj Exposed Without Glasses / Bovi Defends Tonto Dikeh, Says Many Babes Date Liars, Idiots But Love Is Blind / Frank Donga And Wofai Fada On TushMagazine Issue 19 Cover

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.