Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,742 members, 7,824,141 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:20 AM

Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2022 (Anglican Communion) - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2022 (Anglican Communion) (13997 Views)

Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) / Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) / Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2019 (Anglican Communion) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2022 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 6:06am On Feb 01, 2022
*THE DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL.* CHURCH OF NIGERIA _(ANGLICAN COMMUNION)_

*DATE:* TUESDAY, 1ST FEBRUARY, 2022
*THEME:* IDOLATRY AND IT'S CONSEQUENCES *TEXT:* HOSEA 9

*BIBLE READING:* {NIV}

1. Do not rejoice, Israel;
do not be jubilant like the other nations.
For you have been unfaithful to your God;
you love the wages of a prostitute
at every threshing floor.
2. Threshing floors and winepresses will not feed the people;
the new wine will fail them.
3. They will not remain in the Lord’s land;
Ephraim will return to Egypt
and eat unclean food in Assyria.
4. They will not pour out wine offerings to the Lord,
nor will their sacrifices please him.
Such sacrifices will be to them like the bread of mourners;
all who eat them will be unclean.
This food will be for themselves;
it will not come into the temple of the Lord.

5. What will you do on the day of your appointed festivals,
on the feast days of the Lord?
6. Even if they escape from destruction,
Egypt will gather them,
and Memphis will bury them.
Their treasures of silver will be taken over by briers,
and thorns will overrun their tents.
7. The days of punishment are coming,
the days of reckoning are at hand.
Let Israel know this.
Because your sins are so many
and your hostility so great,
the prophet is considered a fool,
the inspired person a maniac.
8. The prophet, along with my God,
is the watchman over Ephraim,
yet snares await him on all his paths,
and hostility in the house of his God.
9. They have sunk deep into corruption,
as in the days of Gibeah.
God will remember their wickedness
and punish them for their sins.

10. “When I found Israel,
it was like finding grapes in the desert;
when I saw your ancestors,
it was like seeing the early fruit on the fig tree.
But when they came to Baal Peor,
they consecrated themselves to that shameful idol
and became as vile as the thing they loved.
11. Ephraim’s glory will fly away like a bird—
no birth, no pregnancy, no conception.
12. Even if they rear children,
I will bereave them of every one.
Woe to them
when I turn away from them!
13. I have seen Ephraim, like Tyre,
planted in a pleasant place.
But Ephraim will bring out
their children to the slayer.”

14. Give them, Lord—
what will you give them?
Give them wombs that miscarry
and breasts that are dry.

15. “Because of all their wickedness in Gilgal,
I hated them there.
Because of their sinful deeds,
I will drive them out of my house.
I will no longer love them;
all their leaders are rebellious.
16. Ephraim is blighted,
their root is withered,
they yield no fruit.
Even if they bear children,
I will slay their cherished offspring.”

17. My God will reject them
because they have not obeyed him;
they will be wanderers among the nations.

Idolatry is the worship of other gods or idols. It is fetishism or worship of trees, rivers, hills, stones, animals, etc. Idolatry starts in the heart through craving, wanting, enjoying, being satisfied by or treasuring anything above God. Idolatry is taking pleasure in ungodly living or material goods like money, media, possessions, etc, that divert our attention from serving God. Idolatry can occur when one begins to value things more than one values God.

The children of Israel went away from their God. They did not obey God's injunction in Exodus 20:3-5: "Thou shall have no other gods before me. Thou shall not make to yourself any graven image. Thou shall not bow down to them nor serve them." Several calamities were pronounced on them as follows: Their means of livelihood would fail; their offering and sacrifice would not be acceptable to God; their possessions would be overgrown with thorns; "Their glory shall fly away like a bird -no birth, no pregnancy, and no conception." God would give them miscarrying wombs and dry breasts; they would be bereaved of their children. They would become a cast-away and wanderers (w. 7-17). These repercussions for idolatry still stand today, therefore, we must flee from idolatry (1 Cor. 10:14). Whatever causes us to sin must be removed (Matt. 5:29-30).

*PRAYER:*
Father, help me to serve You in holiness and righteousness with singleness of heart. Remove any idols from my heart, in Jesus' name. _*Amen.*_

*HAPPY NEW MONTH*
In this Month of February, the Lord will answer your prayers. He will satisfy you with all necessities of life. You will not borrow but lend to nations. He will uphold your good works and you will enjoy sound health. _*Amen.*_

Credits: Daily Fountain devotional

NOTE: Click my Facebook page link below on my signature and contact me for any property or Rental income Investment of your choice. IT'S 100% SAFE AND RELIABLE
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2022 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 7:23am On Feb 02, 2022
✝� DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL
Date: 2022-02-02
(The Presentation of Christ)

✝�TOPIC: THE HUMAN NATURE OF CHRIST

✝�TEXT: Hebrews 2:14-18(NKJV)

14. Inasmuch then as the children have partaken of flesh and blood, He Himself likewise shared in the same, that through death He might destroy him who had the power of death, that is, the devil,
15. and release those who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage.
16. For indeed He does not give aid to angels, but He does give aid to the seed of Abraham.
17. Therefore, in all things He had to be made like [His] brethren, that He might be a merciful and faithful High Priest in things [pertaining] to God, to make propitiation for the sins of the people.
18. For in that He Himself has suffered, being tempted, He is able to aid those who are tempted.

✝�STUDY

Jesus Christ is the eternal God - the Messiah "Who took on human nature of flesh and blood (John 1:14). This was to save mankind from their sins. Jesus did not give up his oneness with God; He became a human being without committing sin. He took on complete human personality - a new nature while remaining God. He was fully God and fully human (Phil. 2:6-7).

Jesus' death on the cross paid the penalty for our sins. Without his coming, humanity will not have a Saviour. He came and dwelt among us in order to be a partaker of our human frailty but he did not sin. Jesus came to reveal God to humanity (John 1:18, 14:9); to fulfill God's promise and the prophecy of men of God; to fulfill the Law of Moses; to bring a new covenant into existence and to destroy the works of the devil (1 John 3:cool; to judge the world righteously and to help those who are tempted; to be an example of believers and to prepare the world for a heavenly destiny (John 14:1-13). Since Jesus has done all these and more for us, it is our duty then to live for him as a living sacrifice.

✝� PRAYER: Prayer: Thank you Father for sending your only begotten Son to save us from sin. Help us to live for you always that we may dwell with you eternally in heaven. Amen.

*WELCOME TO FEBRUARY*

NOTE: Click my Facebook page link below on my signature and contact me for any property or Rental income Investment of your choice. IT'S 100% SAFE AND RELIABLE
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2022 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 5:42am On Feb 03, 2022

*DATE:* THURSDAY, 3RD FEBRUARY, 2022
*THEME:* LOVE *TEXT:* 1 CORINTHIANS 13

1. If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal.

2. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing.
3. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.

4. Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.
5. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.
6. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.
7. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

8. Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away.
9. For we know in part and we prophesy in part,
10. but when completeness comes, what is in part disappears.
11. When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me.
12. For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

13. And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

Love is an intense feeling of deep affection for a person or thing _(Merriam-Webster)_ . Paul used the ancient Greek word 'Agape' in this passage. The ancient Greek had four different words we could translate as love. They are:
(i) *Eros:* This describes erotic, sexual, or romantic love,
(ii) *Storge:* This refers to family love, the kind of love between a parent and child or between family members in general,
(iii) *Philia:* This refers to brotherly friendship and affection. It can be described as the highest love of which man, without God's help, is capable of.
(iv) *Agape:* This is the love that loves without changing. It is a self-giving love that gives with chi demanding or expecting repayment. It can be given to the unlovable or unappealing. It does not demand or expect repayment for the love given. Agape love can be defined as sacrificial, selfless giving, absorbing kind love. It has much to do with self-denial for the sake of another.

True love is always demonstrated by action. Love is strong believing, hopeful and enduring. Spurgeon calls these four virtues, “Love’s four sweet companions." We should replace the word love with the name Jesus and the description in our text would make perfect sense. Jesus' long-suffering, kind and gentle. He is not envious, proud, rude, arrogant, does not have cliques, and is not happy with evil. Be like Jesus.

Love is kind, Love is meek and thinks no wrong. God is love. Therefore Lord, help us to love. _*Amen.*_

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2022 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 6:09am On Feb 04, 2022

*DATE:* FRIDAY, 4TH FEBRUARY, 2022
*THEME:* THE GIFT OF TONGUES *TEXT:* 1 CORINTHIANS 14: 1-19

1. Follow the way of love and eagerly desire gifts of the Spirit, especially prophecy.
2. For anyone who speaks in a tongue does not speak to people but to God. Indeed, no one understands them; they utter mysteries by the Spirit.
3. But the one who prophesies speaks to people for their strengthening, encouraging and comfort.
4. Anyone who speaks in a tongue edifies themselves, but the one who prophesies edifies the church.
5. I would like every one of you to speak in tongues, but I would rather have you prophesy. The one who prophesies is greater than the one who speaks in tongues, unless someone interprets, so that the church may be edified.

6. Now, brothers and sisters, if I come to you and speak in tongues, what good will I be to you, unless I bring you some revelation or knowledge or prophecy or word of instruction?
7. Even in the case of lifeless things that make sounds, such as the pipe or harp, how will anyone know what tune is being played unless there is a distinction in the notes?
8. Again, if the trumpet does not sound a clear call, who will get ready for battle?
9. So it is with you. Unless you speak intelligible words with your tongue, how will anyone know what you are saying? You will just be speaking into the air.
10. Undoubtedly there are all sorts of languages in the world, yet none of them is without meaning.
11. If then I do not grasp the meaning of what someone is saying, I am a foreigner to the speaker, and the speaker is a foreigner to me.
12. So it is with you. Since you are eager for gifts of the Spirit, try to excel in those that build up the church.

13. For this reason the one who speaks in a tongue should pray that they may interpret what they say.
14. For if I pray in a tongue, my spirit prays, but my mind is unfruitful.
15. So what shall I do? I will pray with my spirit, but I will also pray with my understanding; I will sing with my spirit, but I will also sing with my understanding.
16. Otherwise when you are praising God in the Spirit, how can someone else, who is now put in the position of an inquirer, say “Amen” to your thanksgiving, since they do not know what you are saying?
17. You are giving thanks well enough, but no one else is edified.

18. I thank God that I speak in tongues more than all of you.
19. But in the church I would rather speak five intelligible words to instruct others than ten thousand words in a tongue.

Speaking in tongues is one of the spiritual gifts mentioned in the New Testament (1 Cor. 12:28). Speaking in tongues is speaking to God. It edifies the church, especially when there is an interpreter. It can simply be defined as _"Speaking in Language."_ It is an individual's supernatural ability to speak in a language never before learned or spoken as a native tongue.

Speaking in tongues is called Glossolalia which is made up of two Greek words:
*Glossa* meaning tongues or language and
*Lalia* from the verb also to speak.
Speaking in tongues is mentioned in various places in Acts and other places like Mark 16:17, "...they will speak in New tongues." Speaking in tongues is a sign for unbelievers (1 Cor. 14:22); it is a means of passing on the Gospel to them (Acts 2:10-11). It is also a means of prayer (1 Cor. 14:14). Speaking in tongues is so important that Paul said, when there is an interpretation, "I want you all to speak in tongues." He exhorted the church, "don't forbid speaking in tongues" (1 Cor. 14:39, NLT).

In line with this, the church should encourage speaking in tongues where there is interpretation. Otherwise, it should be restricted to personal prayer for self-edification. Let all things be done decently and in order (1 Cor. 14:40).

Thank You Father for enduing us with spiritual gifts. Stir up the gift of tongues afresh in our lives. _*Amen.*_

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2022 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 8:46am On Feb 06, 2022

*DATE:* SUNDAY, 6TH FEBRUARY, 2022 _*{Epiphany 5}*_
*THEME:* HE RECONCILED ALL THINGS *TEXT:* COLOSSIANS 1: 15-20

15. The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.
16. For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him.
17. He is before all things, and in him all things hold together.
18. And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy.
19. For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him,
20. and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether things on earth or things in heaven, by making peace through his blood, shed on the cross.

Jesus Christ made it all and Jesus Christ paid it all. He is responsible for creation of all things in heaven and earth, visible and invisible. He supervises the cohesive work and effort of all things. He is the head of the church, the first born from the dead. All fullness dwells in Him. When He created the world, everything was very good (Gen. 1:31). The devil came to the world to steal, kill and destroy but Jesus gives us life in abundance (John 10:10). What sin disrupted; Jesus restored.

Jesus made peace through the blood on the cross, thereby reconciling all things to Himself, both things in heaven and on earth. His peace-making was to restore the harmony of the original creation. Reconciliation means to bring back a former state of harmony _(Strong Concordance of New Testament words)._ It means a return to Jesus through His death on the cross, the disrupted relationship of mankind with God. Therefore, when we take the responsibility of making peace, we are aligning ourselves with God's wonderful purpose by making Jesus the Lord of our lives and living daily for Him. We have been given the ministry of reconciliation (2 Cor. 5:15, 18 -21). Therefore, once reconcile others to God.

Thank You Lord for reconciling us to God through Your death on the cross. May we be part of Your ministry of reconciliation. May we find peace with You. _*Amen.*_

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2022 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 5:49am On Feb 07, 2022

*DATE:* MONDAY, 7TH FEBRUARY, 2022
*THEME:* BE ANXIOUS FOR NOTHING *TEXT:* MATTHEW 6: 25-34

25. “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes?
26. Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?
27. Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life[a]?

28. “And why do you worry about clothes? See how the flowers of the field grow. They do not labor or spin.
29. Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these.
30. If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you—you of little faith?
31. So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’
32. For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them.
33. But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.
34. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

"Be anxious for nothing but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving, let your request be made known to God." (Phil. 4:6). Anxiety is the feeling of worry, nervousness or unease about something with an uncertain outcome. It is the brain's way of reacting to stress and alerting you of potential danger ahead. People feel fearful or nervous when going to job interviews, before taking a test, when they experience a delay in marrying or child birth, over sickness, wealth and properties, assuming some positions in life, academic achievements and of course, what to eat, drink and put on.

The Bible tells us that only one thing is needful (Luke 10:42) and that is, "seek ye first the kingdom of God...and all these things shall be added unto you " (v.33). Our heavenly Father knows that we have need of these things. Are we not better than the lilies and grass of the field or the sparrows? Yet God clothes and feeds them. When we worry it shows our faith is weak. We should cast our cares upon Him for He cares for us (1 Peter 5:7). Make your worries and concern known to God in humility and His peace that passes all understanding shall be your portion.

*Let's sing together:*
Why worry when you can pray;
Trust in Jesus and he will lead the way Don't be a doubting Thomas,
Just yea on his promise
Why worry, worry, worry,
When you can pray?

Help me dear God to cast my worries and burdens on You because You care for me. _*Amen.*_

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2022 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 6:45am On Feb 09, 2022

*DATE:* WEDNESDAY, 9TH FEBRUARY, 2022
*THEME:* TIME TO RETURN HOME *TEXT:* GENESIS 31: 1-24

1. Jacob heard that Laban’s sons were saying, “Jacob has taken everything our father owned and has gained all this wealth from what belonged to our father.”

2. And Jacob noticed that Laban’s attitude toward him was not what it had been.

3. Then the Lord said to Jacob, “Go back to the land of your fathers and to your relatives, and I will be with you.”

4. So Jacob sent word to Rachel and Leah to come out to the fields where his flocks were.
5. He said to them, “I see that your father’s attitude toward me is not what it was before, but the God of my father has been with me.
6. You know that I’ve worked for your father with all my strength,
7. Yet your father has cheated me by changing my wages ten times. However, God has not allowed him to harm me.
8. If he said, ‘The speckled ones will be your wages,’ then all the flocks gave birth to speckled young; and if he said, ‘The streaked ones will be your wages,’ then all the flocks bore streaked young.
9. So God has taken away your father’s livestock and has given them to me.

10. “In breeding season I once had a dream in which I looked up and saw that the male goats mating with the flock were streaked, speckled or spotted.
11. The angel of God said to me in the dream, ‘Jacob.’ I answered, ‘Here I am.’
12. And he said, ‘Look up and see that all the male goats mating with the flock are streaked, speckled or spotted, for I have seen all that Laban has been doing to you.
13. I am the God of Bethel, where you anointed a pillar and where you made a vow to me. Now leave this land at once and go back to your native land.’”

14. Then Rachel and Leah replied, “Do we still have any share in the inheritance of our father’s estate?
15. Does he not regard us as foreigners? Not only has he sold us, but he has used up what was paid for us.
16. Surely all the wealth that God took away from our father belongs to us and our children. So do whatever God has told you.”

17. Then Jacob put his children and his wives on camels,
18. And he drove all his livestock ahead of him, along with all the goods he had accumulated in Paddan Aram,[a] to go to his father Isaac in the land of Canaan.

19. When Laban had gone to shear his sheep, Rachel stole her father’s household gods.
20. Moreover, Jacob deceived Laban the Aramean by not telling him he was running away.
21. So he fled with all he had, crossed the Euphrates River, and headed for the hill country of Gilead.

22. On the third day Laban was told that Jacob had fled.
23. Taking his relatives with him, he pursued Jacob for seven days and caught up with him in the hill country of Gilead.
24. Then God came to Laban the Aramean in a dream at night and said to him, “Be careful not to say anything to Jacob, either good or bad.”

Jacob served Laban for 20 years _(fourteen for his two wives and six to get his own flock)._ Laban found it very difficult to settle Jacob after this lengthy service; he was reluctant to let Jacob go because he had realised that God had blessed his flock since Jacob arrived. However, Jacob devised a means to get his own flock so that he could fend for his own family. God reminded Jacob it was time to return home to his people so he called Leah and Rachel for a family meeting to inform them of how their father had short-changed him. He convinced them to be on his side. They stole away so that Laban would not know. Many apprentices have tales of woes in the hands of their masters.

No matter how long one stays in another man's place, one day he will long for home. To return home, one must be prepared to face the challenges one may meet. Some persons may have taken over their property in their absence. Our ultimate home is heaven. We must start preparations today if we have not done so to avoid any embarrassment on the last day. No matter how long one stays on earth, one day, God will remind one it is time to return home. Which home will you head for, heaven or hell?

Dear Father, constantly remind me there is a better home because here is not my home.

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2022 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 5:38am On Feb 10, 2022
Date: 2022-02-10

✝�TOPIC: THE GOD THAT PROTECTS

✝�TEXT: Genesis 31:25-32:2 (NKJV)

25. So Laban overtook Jacob. Now Jacob had pitched his tent in the mountains, and Laban with his brethren pitched in the mountains of Gilead.
26. And Laban said to Jacob: "What have you done, that you have stolen away unknown to me, and carried away my daughters like captives [taken] with the sword?
27. "Why did you flee away secretly, and steal away from me, and not tell me; for I might have sent you away with joy and songs, with timbrel and harp?
28. "And you did not allow me to kiss my sons and my daughters. Now you have done foolishly in [so] doing.
29. "It is in my power to do you harm, but the God of your father spoke to me last night, saying, 'Be careful that you speak to Jacob neither good nor bad.'
30. "And now you have surely gone because you greatly long for your father's house, [but] why did you steal my gods?"
31. Then Jacob answered and said to Laban, "Because I was afraid, for I said, 'Perhaps you would take your daughters from me by force.'
32. "With whomever you find your gods, do not let him live. In the presence of our brethren, identify what I have of yours and take [it] with you." For Jacob did not know that Rachel had stolen them.
33. And Laban went into Jacob's tent, into Leah's tent, and into the two maids' tents, but he did not find [them.] Then he went out of Leah's tent and entered Rachel's tent.
34. Now Rachel had taken the household idols, put them in the camel's saddle, and sat on them. And Laban searched all about the tent but did not find [them.]
35. And she said to her father, "Let it not displease my lord that I cannot rise before you, for the manner of women [is] with me." And he searched but did not find the household idols.
36. Then Jacob was angry and rebuked Laban, and Jacob answered and said to Laban: "What [is] my trespass? What [is] my sin, that you have so hotly pursued me?
37. "Although you have searched all my things, what part of your household things have you found? Set [it] here before my brethren and your brethren, that they may judge between us both!
38. "These twenty years I [have been] with you; your ewes and your female goats have not miscarried their young, and I have not eaten the rams of your flock.
39. "That which was torn [by beasts] I did not bring to you; I bore the loss of it. You required it from my hand, [whether] stolen by day or stolen by night.
40. "[There] I was! In the day the drought consumed me, and the frost by night, and my sleep departed from my eyes.
41. "Thus I have been in your house twenty years; I served you fourteen years for your two daughters, and six years for your flock, and you have changed my wages ten times.
42. "Unless the God of my father, the God of Abraham and the Fear of Isaac, had been with me, surely now you would have sent me away empty-handed. God has seen my affliction and the labor of my hands, and rebuked [you] last night."
43. And Laban answered and said to Jacob, "[These] daughters [are] my daughters, and [these] children [are] my children, and [this] flock [is] my flock; all that you see [is] mine. But what can I do this day to these my daughters or to their children whom they have borne?
44. "Now therefore, come, let us make a covenant, you and I, and let it be a witness between you and me."
45. So Jacob took a stone and set it up [as] a pillar.
46. Then Jacob said to his brethren, "Gather stones." And they took stones and made a heap, and they ate there on the heap.
47. Laban called it Jegar Sahadutha, but Jacob called it Galeed.
48. And Laban said, "This heap [is] a witness between you and me this day." Therefore its name was called Galeed,
49. also Mizpah, because he said, "May the LORD watch between you and me when we are absent one from another.
50. "If you afflict my daughters, or if you take [other] wives besides my daughters, [although] no man [is] with us -- see, God [is] witness between you and me!"
51. Then Laban said to Jacob, "Here is this heap and here is [this] pillar, which I have placed between you and me.
52. "This heap [is] a witness, and [this] pillar [is] a witness, that I will not pass beyond this heap to you, and you will not pass beyond this heap and this pillar to me, for harm.
53. "The God of Abraham, the God of Nahor, and the God of their father judge between us." And Jacob swore by the Fear of his father Isaac.
54. Then Jacob offered a sacrifice on the mountain, and called his brethren to eat bread. And they ate bread and stayed all night on the mountain.
55. And early in the morning Laban arose, and kissed his sons and daughters and blessed them. Then Laban departed and returned to his place.
32:1. So Jacob went on his way, and the angels of God met him.
2. When Jacob saw them, he said, "This [is] God's camp." And he called the name of that place Mahanaim.

✝�STUDY

Yesterday we saw how Jacob stole away from Laban and his family because he had fallen out of favour with them. When Laban heard of it, he gathered his people to pursue after Jacob and overtook him after seven days journey. Laban must have devised evil in his mind against Jacob but God had to warn him in 31:24 to "speak to Jacob neither good nor bad."
Of course, Laban was confrontational when he met Jacob and reminded
him that all he had came from him and he had the power to harm him if not for the warning of God. He even complained that Jacob stole his gods! (Gen. 31:30). What a god!

Many of us never realise how God works from the background to protect us. He did that when Balak hired Balaam to curse Israel (Num. 25). He did that to Elisha and his servant when the Syrian army was sent to arrest them (2 Kings 6:18). He is still in the business. With enemies all around us, only God can give us maximum protection from seen and unseen enemies. We cannot rely on gods that can be sat upon for our
protection (Gen. 31:34). We must trust God more than any physical protection apparatus we may have (Psalm 127:1). We need to abandon our life to Him. Try Him today.

✝� PRAYER: Prayer: My life is in Your hands mighty Lord. Help me to always trust You to protect me.

NOTE: Click and like my Facebook page link below on my signature and contact me for any property or Rental income Investment of your choice. IT'S 100% SAFE AND RELIABLE
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2022 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 5:55am On Feb 11, 2022

*DATE:* FRIDAY, 11TH FEBRUARY, 2022
*THEME:* YOUR SIN WILL FIND YOU OUT *TEXT:* GENESIS 32: 3-30

3. Jacob sent messengers ahead of him to his brother Esau in the land of Seir, the country of Edom.
4. He instructed them: “This is what you are to say to my lord Esau: ‘Your servant Jacob says, I have been staying with Laban and have remained there till now.
5. I have cattle and donkeys, sheep and goats, male and female servants. Now I am sending this message to my lord, that I may find favor in your eyes.’”

6. When the messengers returned to Jacob, they said, “We went to your brother Esau, and now he is coming to meet you, and four hundred men are with him.”

7. In great fear and distress Jacob divided the people who were with him into two groups,[a] and the flocks and herds and camels as well.
8. He thought, “If Esau comes and attacks one group,[b] the group[c] that is left may escape.”

9. Then Jacob prayed, “O God of my father Abraham, God of my father Isaac, Lord, you who said to me, ‘Go back to your country and your relatives, and I will make you prosper,’
10. I am unworthy of all the kindness and faithfulness you have shown your servant. I had only my staff when I crossed this Jordan, but now I have become two camps.
11. Save me, I pray, from the hand of my brother Esau, for I am afraid he will come and attack me, and also the mothers with their children.
12. But you have said, ‘I will surely make you prosper and will make your descendants like the sand of the sea, which cannot be counted.’”

13. He spent the night there, and from what he had with him he selected a gift for his brother Esau:
14. Two hundred female goats and twenty male goats, two hundred ewes and twenty rams,
15. thirty female camels with their young, forty cows and ten bulls, and twenty female donkeys and ten male donkeys.
16. He put them in the care of his servants, each herd by itself, and said to his servants, “Go ahead of me, and keep some space between the herds.”

17. He instructed the one in the lead: “When my brother Esau meets you and asks, ‘Who do you belong to, and where are you going, and who owns all these animals in front of you?’
18. then you are to say, ‘They belong to your servant Jacob. They are a gift sent to my lord Esau, and he is coming behind us.’”

19. He also instructed the second, the third and all the others who followed the herds: “You are to say the same thing to Esau when you meet him.
20. And be sure to say, ‘Your servant Jacob is coming behind us.'" For he thought, “I will pacify him with these gifts I am sending on ahead; later, when I see him, perhaps he will receive me.”
21. So Jacob’s gifts went on ahead of him, but he himself spent the night in the camp.

22. That night Jacob got up and took his two wives, his two female servants and his eleven sons and crossed the ford of the Jabbok.
23. After he had sent them across the stream, he sent over all his possessions.
24. So Jacob was left alone, and a man wrestled with him till daybreak.
25. When the man saw that he could not overpower him, he touched the socket of Jacob’s hip so that his hip was wrenched as he wrestled with the man.
26. Then the man said, “Let me go, for it is daybreak.”
But Jacob replied, “I will not let you go unless you bless me.”

27. The man asked him, “What is your name?”

“Jacob,” he answered.

28. Then the man said, “Your name will no longer be Jacob, but Israel,[d] because you have struggled with God and with humans and have overcome.”

29. Jacob said, “Please tell me your name.”

But he replied, “Why do you ask my name?” Then he blessed him there.

30. So Jacob called the place Peniel, saying, “It is because I saw God face to face, and yet my life was spared.”

Jacob in his journey home realised he has to cross paths with his brother, Esau. He must have felt very jittery when he was informed that Esau was coming with 400 men to meet him. He must have started recounting all his past dealings with his twin brother - how he obtained his birthright, how he took away his blessings all by craft. As a human being, he devised means to outwit Esau. He divided his flock in droves and placed them distances apart from each other with the thinking that if Esau attacked any, some would escape. At last, he realised the battle was bigger than he could handle and he had to turn to God and wrestled all night with Him alone. God had to come to his rescue and changed his name from *Jacob* _(supplanter)_ to *Israel* _(prevailer)_ (w. 22-28).

What are you covering up today? You have to realise that one day, they will stare you in the face and you may not be able to escape from the realities. You will have to face them alone. Your scheming may not rescue you unless you turn to God. Never allow your sin to find you out before you repent. Today is the acceptable time. Tomorrow may be too late (2 Cor. 6:2).

Lord, may You rescue me today so that whatever I may be hiding today will not disgrace me tomorrow. _*Amen.*_

NOTE: Click and like my Facebook page link below on my signature and contact me for any property or Rental income Investment of your choice. IT'S 100% SAFE AND RELIABLE
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2022 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 9:42am On Feb 12, 2022

*DATE:* SATURDAY, 12TH FEBRUARY, 2022
*THEME:* RECONCILIATION *TEXT:* GENESIS 33: 1-17

1. Jacob looked up and there was Esau, coming with his four hundred men; so he divided the children among Leah, Rachel and the two female servants.
2. He put the female servants and their children in front, Leah and her children next, and Rachel and Joseph in the rear.
3. He himself went on ahead and bowed down to the ground seven times as he approached his brother.

4. But Esau ran to meet Jacob and embraced him; he threw his arms around his neck and kissed him. And they wept.
5. Then Esau looked up and saw the women and children. “Who are these with you?” he asked.

Jacob answered, “They are the children God has graciously given your servant.”

6. Then the female servants and their children approached and bowed down.
7. Next, Leah and her children came and bowed down. Last of all came Joseph and Rachel, and they too bowed down.

8. Esau asked, “What’s the meaning of all these flocks and herds I met?”

“To find favor in your eyes, my lord,” he said.

9. But Esau said, “I already have plenty, my brother. Keep what you have for yourself.”

10. “No, please!” said Jacob. “If I have found favor in your eyes, accept this gift from me. For to see your face is like seeing the face of God, now that you have received me favorably.
11. Please accept the present that was brought to you, for God has been gracious to me and I have all I need.” And because Jacob insisted, Esau accepted it.

12. Then Esau said, “Let us be on our way; I’ll accompany you.”

13. But Jacob said to him, “My lord knows that the children are tender and that I must care for the ewes and cows that are nursing their young. If they are driven hard just one day, all the animals will die.
14. So let my lord go on ahead of his servant, while I move along slowly at the pace of the flocks and herds before me and the pace of the children, until I come to my lord in Seir.”

15. Esau said, “Then let me leave some of my men with you.”

“But why do that?” Jacob asked. “Just let me find favor in the eyes of my lord.”

16. So that day Esau started on his way back to Seir.
17. Jacob, however, went to Sukkoth, where he built a place for himself and made shelters for his livestock. That is why the place is called Sukkoth.

As part of his grand plan to meet with Esau, Jacob placed the children of the maidservants and those of Leah in front and of course, his beloved Rachel was at the back with her only son, Joseph. Crafty man! He himself approached Esau alone: He became very humble and bowed himself to the ground seven times. God intervened and touched the heart of Esau and he ran and embraced him. Esau never recounted the past; in that instant, they were blood brothers again. They reconciled. Jacob persuaded Esau to accept some gifts from him to show he had found his favour; Jacob's actions came from a guilty conscience all through the encounter.

Many families, communities and even some members of denominations are today entangled in quarrels that have lasted for years; some from one generation to the other. Bitterness has been entrenched in many hearts as many have refused to forget or forgive. Such people still pray daily the portion of the Lord's Prayer that requests God to forgive us as we forgive those who hurt us. Let us emulate Esau and Jacob here and reconcile our differences, let go of all bitterness of the past and learn to love one another. This can only be possible if we give our lives to Christ and decide to forgive one another from the depth of our hearts as God forgives us. We must start today.

Dear Lord, You reconciled us with the Father, may You help me to be reconciled with whoever I have anything against. _*Amen.*_

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2022 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 6:32am On Feb 13, 2022
Date: 2022-02-13
(Septuagesima)

✝�TOPIC: SETTING THE CAPTIVES FREE

✝�TEXT: Mark 5:1-20 (NKJV)

1. Then they came to the other side of the sea, to the country of the Gadarenes.
2. And when He had come out of the boat, immediately there met Him out of the tombs a man with an unclean spirit,
3. who had [his] dwelling among the tombs; and no one could bind him, not even with chains,
4. because he had often been bound with shackles and chains. And the chains had been pulled apart by him, and the shackles broken in pieces; neither could anyone tame him.
5. And always, night and day, he was in the mountains and in the tombs, crying out and cutting himself with stones.
6. When he saw Jesus from afar, he ran and worshiped Him.
7. And he cried out with a loud voice and said, "What have I to do with You, Jesus, Son of the Most High God? I implore You by God that You do not torment me."
8. For He said to him, "Come out of the man, unclean spirit!"
9. Then He asked him, "What [is] your name?" And he answered, saying, "My name [is] Legion; for we are many."
10. Also he begged Him earnestly that He would not send them out of the country.
11. Now a large herd of swine was feeding there near the mountains.
12. So all the demons begged Him, saying, "Send us to the swine, that we may enter them."
13. And at once Jesus gave them permission. Then the unclean spirits went out and entered the swine (there were about two thousand); and the herd ran violently down the steep place into the sea, and drowned in the sea.
14. So those who fed the swine fled, and they told [it] in the city and in the country. And they went out to see what it was that had happened.
15. Then they came to Jesus, and saw the one [who had been] demon-possessed and had the legion, sitting and clothed and in his right mind. And they were afraid.
16. And those who saw it told them how it happened to him [who had been] demon-possessed, and about the swine.
17. Then they began to plead with Him to depart from their region.
18. And when He got into the boat, he who had been demon-possessed begged Him that he might be with Him.
19. However, Jesus did not permit him, but said to him, "Go home to your friends, and tell them what great things the Lord has done for you, and how He has had compassion on you."
20. And he departed and began to proclaim in Decapolis all that Jesus had done for him; and all marveled.

✝�STUDY

In Luke 4:18, part of Jesus of Nazareth's Manifesto stated that He came.to preach deliverance to the captives... " In other words, He came to set captives of Satan free. This was clearly demonstrated in the story here. The demon-possessed man in our story was violent, very dangerous and a nuisance to his society. The devil is a very bad master: He gave the man residence in the tombs, fed him with junk, clothed him with rags, bruised his body always, kept him dirty without bathing, refused him freedom (bound in chains) and kept him restless. It is surprising what those that devote their life to serving the devil gain! Thank God the devil does not exercise the ultimate power. Jesus demonstrated superior power over the devil, though at a great economic loss to save a soul.

John 10:10 states that the devil came to steal, kill and to destroy but Jesus came to give us life and give it to us more abundantly. Jesus demonstrated His power of deliverance by setting the man free, He thereafter directed him to go to his people and share his testimony. What a great testimony that would be. What challenges are you facing today? Have you surrendered it to the power and authority of Jesus? Are you, your friends or your family members under the bondage of the devil? Invite Jesus today and He will set you free.

✝� PRAYER: Prayer: Oh Lord, arise and let all powers of darkness tormenting my life
bow to your authority.

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2022 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 5:39am On Feb 14, 2022

*DATE:* MONDAY, 14TH FEBRUARY, 2022
*THEME:* LIBERTY IN CHRIST *TEXT:* 2 CORINTHIANS 3: 12-18

12. Therefore, since we have such a hope, we are very bold.
13. We are not like Moses, who would put a veil over his face to prevent the Israelites from seeing the end of what was passing away.
14. But their minds were made dull, for to this day the same veil remains when the old covenant is read. It has not been removed, because only in Christ is it taken away.
15. Even to this day when Moses is read, a veil covers their hearts.
16. But whenever anyone turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away.
17. Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.
18. And we all, who with unveiled faces contemplate the Lord’s glory, are being transformed into his image with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit.

�� *THE MESSAGE:*
In Exodus 34:29-35, when Moses spent a lengthy time in the presence of God to receive the Ten Commandments again on two tablets of stone, the glory of God rubbed off on him and was reflected on his face but he never knew this. From the reaction of the people, he learnt what had happened and decided to use a veil to cover his face anytime he wished to address the people. According to verse 16 of our text, "Nevertheless when one
turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away." This glory reflected on Moses’ face signified that the old dispensation fades but the glory from Christ in the new order is permanent. This gives one liberty (v. 17). When Christians behold constantly Christ's divine glory, this transforms them from glory to glory (v. 18).

Where the Spirit of God is, there is liberty. When one is in Christ, he feels free to worship God. All limitations and restrictions are removed by Christ. Nobody needs to legislate to you to do this or that. The Spirit of God in the Christian will guide and direct one in day-to-day affairs of the person. The Law of Moses is good but grace in Christ is better. Paul asked the Galatians in Galatians 3:3 that having started in the Spirit, why would they go back to the flesh. Let us apply this liberty wisely (Gal. 5:13).

�� *PRAYER:*
Dear Lord, having been set free in Christ, Grant me the grace to ever remain free. _*Amen.*_

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2022 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 6:24am On Feb 15, 2022

*DATE:* TUESDAY, 15TH FEBRUARY, 2022
*THEME:* YOU MUST BE BORN AGAIN *TEXT:* JOHN 3: 1-21

1. Now there was a Pharisee, a man named Nicodemus who was a member of the Jewish ruling council.
2. He came to Jesus at night and said, “Rabbi, we know that you are a teacher who has come from God. For no one could perform the signs you are doing if God were not with him.”
3. Jesus replied, “Very truly I tell you, no one can see the kingdom of God unless they are born again.[a]”
4. “How can someone be born when they are old?” Nicodemus asked. “Surely they cannot enter a second time into their mother’s womb to be born!”
5. Jesus answered, “Very truly I tell you, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless they are born of water and the Spirit.
6. Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit[b] gives birth to spirit.
7. You should not be surprised at my saying, ‘You[c] must be born again.’
8. The wind blows wherever it pleases. You hear its sound, but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit.”[d]
9. “How can this be?” Nicodemus asked.
10. “You are Israel’s teacher,” said Jesus, “and do you not understand these things?
11. Very truly I tell you, we speak of what we know, and we testify to what we have seen, but still you people do not accept our testimony.
12. I have spoken to you of earthly things and you do not believe; how then will you believe if I speak of heavenly things?
13. No one has ever gone into heaven except the one who came from heaven—the Son of Man.[e]
14. Just as Moses lifted up the snake in the wilderness, so the Son of Man must be lifted up,[f]
15. that everyone who believes may have eternal life in him.”[g]
16. For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
17. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.
18. Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son.
19. This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but people loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil.
20. Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that their deeds will be exposed.
21. But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what they have done has been done in the sight of God.

Being born again is one issue that has been misunderstood. Even Nicodemus, a Teacher of the Law, misunderstood the word. It is not one going back to the mother's physical womb to be incubated and given birth to a second time. Being born again is one surrendering his life to Christ. It is allowing the Spirit of God to regenerate one's life. It is changing one's orientation from being worldly-focused to being heavenly-focused. It is being born spiritually in addition to the fleshly birth. It is for everyone no matter their status. It is for those who believe (v.16). When one is born again, one becomes a child of God and will not perish but will have etp.nal life.

One may spend years in church and yet not be born again; it follows a process. One must realise one has sinned against God (Rom. 3:23), confess one's sins and ask for God's forgiveness (1 John 1:8-9), forsake the sins (Prov. 28:13) and invite Jesus into one's life (Rev. 3:20). John 1:12 states that as many as received Christ they are given power to become the children of God. Are you born again? If no or you are not sure, can you humbly confess your sins now and invite Jesus into your life. Yon will never regret it.

Lord, You so loved me and gave Your life for me. Help me to accept You into my life so that I may gain everlasting life. *Amen.*

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2022 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 5:46am On Feb 16, 2022
Date: 2022-02-16

✝�TOPIC: NO NEED FOR UNHEALTHY COMPETITION

✝�TEXT: John 3:22-36 (NKJV)

22. After these things Jesus and His disciples came into the land of Judea, and there He remained with them and baptized.
23. Now John also was baptizing in Aenon near Salim, because there was much water there. And they came and were baptized.
24. For John had not yet been thrown into prison.
25. Then there arose a dispute between [some] of John's disciples and the Jews about purification.
26. And they came to John and said to him, "Rabbi, He who was with you beyond the Jordan, to whom you have testified -- behold, He is baptizing, and all are coming to Him!"
27. John answered and said, "A man can receive nothing unless it has been given to him from heaven.
28. "You yourselves bear me witness, that I said, 'I am not the Christ,' but, 'I have been sent before Him.'
29. "He who has the bride is the bridegroom; but the friend of the bridegroom, who stands and hears him, rejoices greatly because of the bridegroom's voice. Therefore this joy of mine is fulfilled.
30. "He must increase, but I [must] decrease.
31. "He who comes from above is above all; he who is of the earth is earthly and speaks of the earth. He who comes from heaven is above all.
32. "And what He has seen and heard, that He testifies; and no one receives His testimony.
33. "He who has received His testimony has certified that God is true.
34. "For He whom God has sent speaks the words of God, for God does not give the Spirit by measure.
35. "The Father loves the Son, and has given all things into His hand.
36. "He who believes in the Son has everlasting life; and he who does not believe the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him."

✝�STUDY: John the Baptist, from the beginning, clearly stated that he was just a voice in the wilderness proclaiming the arrival of the Messiah on the scene (Mat. 3:1-3). People continued to make comments that could lead John to start competing with Jesus (vv. 25-26). John was very careful and never allowed himself to be drawn into such line of thought. He stated in verse 30, thus, "He must increase, but I must decrease." Jesus' ministry was not to compete with John to know who would baptise the more. He came purely to call men to repentance.

Many disputes and misunderstandings in the Church and the general society usually arise from people who sow seeds of discord through comments and insinuations which sometimes are unguarded. John| the Baptist, from the word go, declared his mission. Side comments or comparisons of his ministry with that of Jesus could have distracted him if he was not focused. What role are you playing in that dispute in your family, church or office? Are you sowing seeds of discord among men of God around you by unnecessary comparisons that can lead to unhealthy rivalry? There is no need for unnecessary competition. The sky is wide enough to contain all birds. Concentrate on your ability and area of specialisation and the work will go on smoothly. Shalom!

✝� PRAYER: Every competition spirit hindering the work of God in any church be uprooted now in the name of Jesus! Amen.

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2022 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 6:13am On Feb 17, 2022
Date: 2022-02-17

✝�TOPIC: THE LIVING WATER

✝�TEXT: John 4: 1-26(NKJV)
1. Therefore, when the Lord knew that the Pharisees had heard that Jesus made and baptized more disciples than John
2. (though Jesus Himself did not baptize, but His disciples),
3. He left Judea and departed again to Galilee.
4. But He needed to go through Samaria.
5. So He came to a city of Samaria which is called Sychar, near the plot of ground that Jacob gave to his son Joseph.
6. Now Jacob's well was there. Jesus therefore, being wearied from [His] journey, sat thus by the well. It was about the sixth hour.
7. A woman of Samaria came to draw water. Jesus said to her, "Give Me a drink."
8. For His disciples had gone away into the city to buy food.
9. Then the woman of Samaria said to Him, "How is it that You, being a Jew, ask a drink from me, a Samaritan woman?" For Jews have no dealings with Samaritans.
10. Jesus answered and said to her, "If you knew the gift of God, and who it is who says to you, 'Give Me a drink,' you would have asked Him, and He would have given you living water."
11. The woman said to Him, "Sir, You have nothing to draw with, and the well is deep. Where then do You get that living water?
12. "Are You greater than our father Jacob, who gave us the well, and drank from it himself, as well as his sons and his livestock?"
13. Jesus answered and said to her, "Whoever drinks of this water will thirst again,
14. "but whoever drinks of the water that I shall give him will never thirst. But the water that I shall give him will become in him a fountain of water springing up into everlasting life."
15. The woman said to Him, "Sir, give me this water, that I may not thirst, nor come here to draw."
16. Jesus said to her, "Go, call your husband, and come here."
17. The woman answered and said, "I have no husband." Jesus said to her, "You have well said, 'I have no husband,'
18. "for you have had five husbands, and the one whom you now have is not your husband; in that you spoke truly."
19. The woman said to Him, "Sir, I perceive that You are a prophet.
20. "Our fathers worshiped on this mountain, and you [Jews] say that in Jerusalem is the place where one ought to worship."
21. Jesus said to her, "Woman, believe Me, the hour is coming when you will neither on this mountain, nor in Jerusalem, worship the Father.
22. "You worship what you do not know; we know what we worship, for salvation is of the Jews.
23. "But the hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for the Father is seeking such to worship Him.
24. "God [is] Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth."
25. The woman said to Him, "I know that Messiah is coming" (who is called Christ). "When He comes, He will tell us all things."
26. Jesus said to her, "I who speak to you am [He."]

✝�STUDY: The story of how the Samaritan woman met the Messiah is a reconciliatory one. The Jews despised the Samaritans because of their mixed Gentile blood and their different worship style. Jesus' decision to pass through Samaria was unpopular to the disciples becausė of this. Jacob's well in Sychar was a useful water source for the people. Jesus took a long journey to get to the well with so much weariness, just to reach one soul? That shows the importance of a soul.

The phrase "Give Me a drink" in verse 7 speaks volumes. It shows Jesus and his disciples were thirsty, weary, tired and famished from a very distant journey. It opened an opportunity for Jesus to interact with the woman. It enabled Jesus to introduce Himself as the living water which the woman and every thirsty soul needs. This water, when drunk, will become A fountain of water springing up into everlasting life. We should not allow any religious barrier to hinder this as in verses 9, 11, 13, 15 and 17-18. What is your own barrier to receiving this water of life - spouse, race, culture, religious differences, family dispute, place of worship or status in society? Jesus is the bridge to cross over to salvation.

✝� PRAYER: Lord, please give me this living water to drink, that I may not thirst for evil anymore.

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2022 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 5:39am On Feb 18, 2022
Date: 2022-02-18

✝�TOPIC: HE TOLD ME ALL THAT I DID

✝�TEXT: John 4:27-42 (NKJV)

27. And at this [point] His disciples came, and they marveled that He talked with a woman; yet no one said, "What do You seek?" or, "Why are You talking with her?"
28. The woman then left her waterpot, went her way into the city, and said to the men,
29. "Come, see a Man who told me all things that I ever did. Could this be the Christ?"
30. Then they went out of the city and came to Him.
31. In the meantime His disciples urged Him, saying, "Rabbi, eat."
32. But He said to them, "I have food to eat of which you do not know."
33. Therefore the disciples said to one another, "Has anyone brought Him [anything] to eat?"
34. Jesus said to them, "My food is to do the will of Him who sent Me, and to finish His work.
35. "Do you not say, 'There are still four months and [then] comes the harvest'? Behold, I say to you, lift up your eyes and look at the fields, for they are already white for harvest!
36. "And he who reaps receives wages, and gathers fruit for eternal life, that both he who sows and he who reaps may rejoice together.
37. "For in this the saying is true: 'One sows and another reaps.'
38. "I sent you to reap that for which you have not labored; others have labored, and you have entered into their labors."
39. And many of the Samaritans of that city believed in Him because of the word of the woman who testified, "He told me all that I [ever] did."
40. So when the Samaritans had come to Him, they urged Him to stay with them; and He stayed there two days.
41. And many more believed because of His own word.
42. Then they said to the woman, "Now we believe, not because of what you said, for we ourselves have heard [Him] and we know that this is indeed the Christ, the Savior of the world."

✝�STUDY: In yesterday's reading we discussed how the Samaritan woman met with Jesus. After Jesus confronted her with the facts about her life, she surrendered to Him and became an instant evangelist. She abandoned her water pot and ran inside the village to invite the men (possibly some of her ex-customers) to come and see the man who told her all she did. Of course, they ran after her to meet with Christ and got convinced themselves (v.42).

Nothing is hidden in the eyes of God. Whatever one has done, both now and in the past, is naked before Christ (Psalm 139:1-12). We need to surrender them today to Christ and live a new life. After that we can make amends and also invite others who know our past to, "Come, see a Man (Christ) who told me all things that I ever did.. " (v.29). Like Jesus told his disciples in verse 35, "...lift up your eyes and look at the fields, for they are already white for harvest!", we can become instant evangelists when Christ touches our lives to bring souls unto Him like the Samaritan woman. The heartbeat of God is soul-winning with thorough discipleship. What are you waiting for? You can go by yourself or help sponsor somebody by Committing your resources for missions and evangelism.

✝� PRAYER: Lord enable me to do the work of soul-winning with great zeal in word and deed.

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2022 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 6:48am On Feb 19, 2022

*DATE:* SATURDAY, 19TH FEBRUARY, 2022
*THEME:* SIGNS AND WONDERS
*TEXT:* JOHN 4: 43-54

43. After the two days he left for Galilee.
44. (Now Jesus himself had pointed out that a prophet has no honor in his own country.)
45. When he arrived in Galilee, the Galileans welcomed him. They had seen all that he had done in Jerusalem at the Passover Festival, for they also had been there.
46. Once more he visited Cana in Galilee, where he had turned the water into wine. And there was a certain royal official whose son lay sick at Capernaum.
47. When this man heard that Jesus had arrived in Galilee from Judea, he went to him and begged him to come and heal his son, who was close to death.
48. “Unless you people see signs and wonders,” Jesus told him, “you will never believe.”
49. The royal official said, “Sir, come down before my child dies.”
50. “Go,” Jesus replied, “your son will live.” The man took Jesus at his word and departed.
51. While he was still on the way, his servants met him with the news that his boy was living.
52. When he inquired as to the time when his son got better, they said to him, “Yesterday, at one in the afternoon, the fever left him.”
53. Then the father realized that this was the exact time at which Jesus had said to him, “Your son will live.” So he and his whole household believed.
54. This was the second sign Jesus performed after coming from Judea to Galilee.

The first miracle of Jesus of turning water to wine at Cana of Galilee announced His supernatural power (John 2:1-11; 4:46). With the knowledge of what Jesus had done and what He could do, a certain noble man whose son was sick at Capernaum sought for Him at a time of desperate need. For somebody at the point of death, (v.47), Jesus said to the man, "Go your way, your son lives." The man believed Jesus' word and went his way (v.50). Of course, his son was healed!

The problem many have is unbelief. Many times, some try to rationalise if it could be possible. We were preaching in a city and a lady with a withered hand was present. When a call was made for people to surrender their lives to Christ, it was noticed that while others were coming out, the woman stayed back. Later, when we asked for those that needed miracles, she was the first to come out. Jesus healed her and restored her withered hand. It was then that she gave her life to Christ. True signs and wonders prepare people's heart to believe the Gospel. The Covid-19 pandemic was a leveler to people of all races. Technology, wisdom of men and money has offered no lasting help. It is only the supernatural power of God that can solve this problem permanently. Let us all turn to God today for a quick solution.

My Lord God, let Your signs and wonders follow me as I believe in You. _*Amen.*_

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2022 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 5:34am On Feb 21, 2022

*DATE:* MONDAY, 21ST FEBRUARY, 2022
*THEME:* A NATIONAL LAMENTATION
*TEXT:* JEREMIAH 4: 19-31

19. Oh, my anguish, my anguish!
I writhe in pain.
Oh, the agony of my heart!
My heart pounds within me,
I cannot keep silent.
For I have heard the sound of the trumpet;
I have heard the battle cry.
20. Disaster follows disaster;
the whole land lies in ruins.
In an instant my tents are destroyed,
my shelter in a moment.
21. How long must I see the battle standard
and hear the sound of the trumpet?

22. “My people are fools;
they do not know me.
They are senseless children;
they have no understanding.
They are skilled in doing evil;
they know not how to do good.”

23. I looked at the earth,
and it was formless and empty;
and at the heavens,
and their light was gone.
24. I looked at the mountains,
and they were quaking;
all the hills were swaying.
25. I looked, and there were no people;
every bird in the sky had flown away.
26. I looked, and the fruitful land was a desert;
all its towns lay in ruins
before the Lord, before his fierce anger.

27. This is what the Lord says:

“The whole land will be ruined,
though I will not destroy it completely.
28. Therefore the earth will mourn
and the heavens above grow dark,
because I have spoken and will not relent,
I have decided and will not turn back.”

29. At the sound of horsemen and archers
every town takes to flight.
Some go into the thickets;
some climb up among the rocks.
All the towns are deserted;
no one lives in them.

30. What are you doing, you devastated one?
Why dress yourself in scarlet
and put on jewels of gold?
Why highlight your eyes with makeup?
You adorn yourself in vain.
Your lovers despise you;
they want to kill you.

31. I hear a cry as of a woman in labor,
a groan as of one bearing her first child—
the cry of Daughter Zion gasping for breath,
stretching out her hands and saying,
“Alas! I am fainting;
my life is given over to murderers.”

God through Jeremiah lamented about the condition of his nation and today is bringing an outcry against the whole world. The passage x-rays the occurrences of today in almost all parts of the world. All these cause much pain/sorrow in the heart of God as we see in verse 19 which talks of the alarm of war. Today, the things that cause God pain/sorrow include our sins, rebellion, disobedience, abominations and desolations in high and low places including in the household of God. In Genesis 6:3, God declared "My spirit shall not strive with man forever, for he is indeed flesh, yet his days shall be one hundred and twenty years." This declaration led to the destruction of the first world. The sound of Jesus' return is very audible. The end time is around the corner. This is marked by wars and rumours of war, destruction, plundering, violence, terrorism, kidnapping, and many more signs. Peace generally is lacking in the world today. In the face of this, Jesus is our solace.

The issues above arise from the condition of the heart. To curb them, Paul enjoined us in Philippians 4:8-9 to think on the eight virtues mentioned. From Matthew 11:28-30, we see that only in Jesus can one find rest for his soul. Let us not leave God in pain or sorrow of heart by refusing to change our ways.

Lord, give me peace in the face of terrorism and violence today. Let the peace that passes all understanding be my portion today. _*Amen.*_

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2022 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 6:42am On Feb 22, 2022

*DATE:* TUESDAY, 22ND FEBRUARY, 2022
*THEME:* WHO IS RIGHTEOUS?
*TEXT:* JEREMIAH 5: 1-19

1. “Go up and down the streets of Jerusalem, look around and consider,
search through her squares. If you can find but one person who deals honestly and seeks the truth, I will forgive this city.
2. Although they say, ‘As surely as the Lord lives,’ still they are swearing falsely.”
3. Lord, do not your eyes look for truth?
You struck them, but they felt no pain;
you crushed them, but they refused correction. They made their faces harder than stone and refused to repent.
4. I thought, “These are only the poor; they are foolish, for they do not know the way of the Lord, the requirements of their God.
5. So I will go to the leaders and speak to them; surely they know the way of the Lord, the requirements of their God.”
But with one accord they too had broken off the yoke and torn off the bonds.
6. Therefore a lion from the forest will attack them, a wolf from the desert will ravage them, a leopard will lie in wait near their towns to tear to pieces any who venture out, for their rebellion is great and their backslidings many.
7. “Why should I forgive you? Your children have forsaken me and sworn by gods that are not God's. I supplied all their needs, yet they committed adultery
and thronged to the houses of prostitutes.
8. They are well-fed, lusty stallions, each neighing for another man’s wife.
9. Should I not punish them for this?” declares the Lord. “Should I not avenge myself on such a nation as this?
10. “Go through her vineyards and ravage them, but do not destroy them completely. Strip off her branches, for these people do not belong to the Lord.
11. The people of Israel and the people of Judah have been utterly unfaithful to me,” declares the Lord.
12. They have lied about the Lord; they said, “He will do nothing! No harm will come to us; we will never see sword or famine.
13. The prophets are but wind and the word is not in them; so let what they say be done to them.”
14. Therefore this is what the Lord God Almighty says: “Because the people have spoken these words, I will make my words in your mouth a fire and these people the wood it consumes.
15. People of Israel,” declares the Lord, “I am bringing a distant nation against you— an ancient and enduring nation, a people whose language you do not know, whose speech you do not understand.
16. Their quivers are like an open grave;
all of them are mighty warriors.
17. They will devour your harvests and food, devour your sons and daughters;
they will devour your flocks and herds,
devour your vines and fig trees. With the sword they will destroy the fortified cities in which you trust.
18. “Yet even in those days,” declares the Lord, “I will not destroy you completely.
19. And when the people ask, ‘Why has the Lord our God done all this to us?’ you will tell them, ‘As you have forsaken me and served foreign gods in your own land, so now you will serve foreigners in a land not your own.’

In our text, God sent Jeremiah to find one righteous man among the people but he could not. He found none among the poor people of the land (though assumed to be foolish and knew not the way of the Lord or His judgment, v.4), neither did he find among the leaders (assumed to know the way of the Lord and His judgment, v. 5). God recounted part of their sins to include treachery, lies about Him, false prophecy, idolatry, etc. Therefore, the people had to be punished by God by raising a mighty nation against them (vv. 9, 15).

Today, many of us still toe the line of the people of Judah which God complained about. God is still searching for one righteous man that He will hold unto and spare others. This is still very difficult to find. In Sodom and Gomorrah, God could not find ten persons to spare the city. During Noah's time, only his family of eight was found worthy. How many can be found today? Romans 3:12 states that "...there is none who does good, no, not one." It is for this reason that Jesus came to die for us. Romans 5:8 states that God demonstrated His own love towards us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. God has given us this olive branch to be reconciled to Him. Are you ready to grab it now?

Dear Lord, may You help me to live a life of righteousness to be counted worthy for Your Kingdom. *Amen.*

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2022 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 10:44am On Feb 23, 2022
Date: 2022-02-23

✝�TOPIC: IMPORTANCE OF SPIRITUAL INQUIRY

✝�TEXT: Jeremiah 6:9-21 (NKJV)

9. Thus says the LORD of hosts: "They shall thoroughly glean as a vine the remnant of Israel; As a grape-gatherer, put your hand back into the branches."
10. To whom shall I speak and give warning, That they may hear? Indeed their ear [is] uncircumcised, And they cannot give heed. Behold, the word of the LORD is a reproach to them; They have no delight in it.
11. Therefore I am full of the fury of the LORD. I am weary of holding [it] in. "I will pour it out on the children outside, And on the assembly of young men together; For even the husband shall be taken with the wife, The aged with [him who is] full of days.
12. And their houses shall be turned over to others, Fields and wives together; For I will stretch out My hand Against the inhabitants of the land," says the LORD.
13. "Because from the least of them even to the greatest of them, Everyone [is] given to covetousness; And from the prophet even to the priest, Everyone deals falsely.
14. They have also healed the hurt of My people slightly, Saying, 'Peace, peace!' When [there is] no peace.
15. Were they ashamed when they had committed abomination? No! They were not at all ashamed; Nor did they know how to blush. Therefore they shall fall among those who fall; At the time I punish them, They shall be cast down," says the LORD.
16. Thus says the LORD: "Stand in the ways and see, And ask for the old paths, where the good way [is,] And walk in it; Then you will find rest for your souls. But they said, 'We will not walk [in it.']
17. Also, I set watchmen over you, [saying,] 'Listen to the sound of the trumpet!' But they said, 'We will not listen.'
18. Therefore hear, you nations, And know, O congregation, what [is] among them.
19. Hear, O earth! Behold, I will certainly bring calamity on this people -- The fruit of their thoughts, Because they have not heeded My words, Nor My law, but rejected it.
20. For what purpose to Me Comes frankincense from Sheba, And sweet cane from a far country? Your burnt offerings [are] not acceptable, Nor your sacrifices sweet to Me."
21. Therefore thus says the LORD: "Behold, I will lay stumbling blocks before this people, And the fathers and the sons together shall fall on them. The neighbor and his friend shall perish."

✝�STUDY: In today's reading, God gave the people of Judah opportunity to ...ask for the old paths, where the good way is, and walk in it; then you will find rest for your souls (v.16). Anyone who is not used to enquiry will not be a critical scientist and will not be able to learn, discover or invent things. God likes enquiry and asking to know. When we make genuine enquiry about the past or to know why situations are the way they are, God will always come to our rescue. The problem is that like the people of Judah answered God, '.. We will not walk in it. 'Many of us want to cut corners or find quick solutions that may bring us to a cross-road. Is this what you are doing? Beat a retreat now.

We make gains when we ask questions, chief of which is that we know the right way to follow and avoid the mistakes of our predecessors. Enquiry about our state and self-examination of our Christian life are exercises to be carried out ona daily basis. Christians of today really need a serious retreat and enquiry about the old paths of Christianity (old time religion). Are things not being watered down? We need to listen to God to know how to do things right and to be agents of change.

✝� PRAYER: Lord, give me the grace to ask for the old paths and to walk therein.

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2022 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 9:35am On Feb 24, 2022
Date: 2022-02-24
(St. Matthias, Apostle/CON Inauguration)

✝�TOPIC: NOMINATED BUT APPROVED BY GOD...

✝�TEXT: Acts 1:15-26 (NKJV)

15. And in those days Peter stood up in the midst of the disciples (altogether the number of names was about a hundred and twenty), and said,
16. "Men [and] brethren, this Scripture had to be fulfilled, which the Holy Spirit spoke before by the mouth of David concerning Judas, who became a guide to those who arrested Jesus;
17. "for he was numbered with us and obtained a part in this ministry."
18. (Now this man purchased a field with the wages of iniquity; and falling headlong, he burst open in the middle and all his entrails gushed out.
19. And it became known to all those dwelling in Jerusalem; so that field is called in their own language, Akel Dama, that is, Field of Blood.)
20. "For it is written in the book of Psalms: 'Let his dwelling place be desolate, And let no one live in it'; and, 'Let another take his office.'
21. "Therefore, of these men who have accompanied us all the time that the Lord Jesus went in and out among us,
22. "beginning from the baptism of John to that day when He was taken up from us, one of these must become a witness with us of His resurrection."
23. And they proposed two: Joseph called Barsabas, who was surnamed Justus, and Matthias.
24. And they prayed and said, "You, O Lord, who know the hearts of all, show which of these two You have chosen
25. "to take part in this ministry and apostleship from which Judas by transgression fell, that he might go to his own place."
26. And they cast their lots, and the lot fell on Matthias. And he was numbered with the eleven apostles.

✝�STUDY: The fulfillment of a prophecy created a vacancy (v.16ff). Judas Iscariot lost his position and needed to be replaced. Only God knew who would fill that vacancy; the Apostles didn't, but they knew who they could ask so they took the necessary steps to do so. Peter, the leader, reminded them of the prophecy and the vacuum it created. He called their attention to the need of the hour and directed their hearts as to how to make the right choice ..he must be from among us and must have been constant with us from the very beginning till now... (i.e., not a novice). He must be one who has experienced Jesus and is willing and able to stand for Jesus and all He stood for...' The people did their part- nomination (v.23) and still went back to God through prayers because He has the final say and He 'alone knows every heart.' Then they "voted'" and chose Matthias (vv. 24-26).

How do we go about the choice of people who would occupy positions of leadership/service in our homes, churches and society? Do we involve God and follow due process or do we depend on what or who is involved? Only God knows every heart indeed (Jer. 17:9-10). 2023 election in Nigeria is around the corner. Let us involve God to help us choose the right leaders.

✝� PRAYER: Dear Lord, may you help us to make the right choices in leadership in all areas of life in Jesus Name. Amen.

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2022 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 5:56am On Feb 25, 2022
Date: 2022-02-25

✝�TOPIC: YOU ARE A WATCHMAN

✝�TEXT: Jeremiah 6:22-30 (NKJV)

22. Thus says the LORD: "Behold, a people comes from the north country, And a great nation will be raised from the farthest parts of the earth.
23. They will lay hold on bow and spear; They [are] cruel and have no mercy; Their voice roars like the sea; And they ride on horses, As men of war set in array against you, O daughter of Zion."
24. We have heard the report of it; Our hands grow feeble. Anguish has taken hold of us, Pain as of a woman in labor.
25. Do not go out into the field, Nor walk by the way. Because of the sword of the enemy, Fear [is] on every side.
26. O daughter of my people, Dress in sackcloth And roll about in ashes! Make mourning [as for] an only son, most bitter lamentation; For the plunderer will suddenly come upon us.
27. " I have set you [as] an assayer [and] a fortress among My people, That you may know and test their way.
28. They [are] all stubborn rebels, walking as slanderers. [They are] bronze and iron, They [are] all corrupters;
29. The bellows blow fiercely, The lead is consumed by the fire; The smelter refines in vain, For the wicked are not drawn off.
30. [People] will call them rejected silver, Because the LORD has rejected them."

✝�STUDY: God was not happy with the people of Jerusalem (His people). They had rejected all His kind gestures towards them and blatantly worshipped idols like it didn't matter, despite all of God's 'complaints and warnings!" Therefore, God was 'pushed' to rise against them, by allowing the enemy to invade them (vv. 22-23). Even at that, His kindness and mercy did not allow Him to leave or forsake them. He still sent and set Jeremiah as a watchman to keep warning them (v.27), perhaps, they would listen and be saved.

As God's people in Nigeria and many places, have we not become like the people of Jerusalem? Are we not worshipping all kinds of idols under different guises and blatantly saying, despite His warnings, 'God is so loving, He cannot destroy us?' Even so, in His love and mercy, He has set you (His own), as a watchman - to warn the people, who are rebellious and stubborn, of the impending doom that awaits all who reject God and His Son, Jesus Christ, as Saviour and Lord. Are you crying out like Jeremiah (v.26), or are you at ease in Zion (Amos 6:1ff)? Remember Ezekiel 3:17-18.

✝� PRAYER: Dear Father, may I not just remember daily that I am a watchman, but daily occupy at my post in word and in deed, in Jesus Name.

NOTE: Click and like my Facebook page link below on my signature and contact me for any property or Rental income Investment of yo
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2022 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 8:34am On Feb 26, 2022
Date: 2022-02-26

✝�TOPIC: “BEHOLD, EVENI HAVE SEEN IT"

✝�TEXT: Jeremiah 7: 1-20 (NKJV)

1. The word that came to Jeremiah from the LORD, saying,
2. "Stand in the gate of the LORD's house, and proclaim there this word, and say, 'Hear the word of the LORD, all [you of] Judah who enter in at these gates to worship the LORD!' "
3. Thus says the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel: "Amend your ways and your doings, and I will cause you to dwell in this place.
4. "Do not trust in these lying words, saying, 'The temple of the LORD, the temple of the LORD, the temple of the LORD [are] these.'
5. "For if you thoroughly amend your ways and your doings, if you thoroughly execute judgment between a man and his neighbor,
6. "[if] you do not oppress the stranger, the fatherless, and the widow, and do not shed innocent blood in this place, or walk after other gods to your hurt,
7. "then I will cause you to dwell in this place, in the land that I gave to your fathers forever and ever.
8. " Behold, you trust in lying words that cannot profit.
9. "Will you steal, murder, commit adultery, swear falsely, burn incense to Baal, and walk after other gods whom you do not know,
10. "and [then] come and stand before Me in this house which is called by My name, and say, 'We are delivered to do all these abominations'?
11. "Has this house, which is called by My name, become a den of thieves in your eyes? Behold, I, even I, have seen [it,"] says the LORD.
12. " But go now to My place which [was] in Shiloh, where I set My name at the first, and see what I did to it because of the wickedness of My people Israel.
13. "And now, because you have done all these works," says the LORD, "and I spoke to you, rising up early and speaking, but you did not hear, and I called you, but you did not answer,
14. "therefore I will do to the house which is called by My name, in which you trust, and to this place which I gave to you and your fathers, as I have done to Shiloh.
15. "And I will cast you out of My sight, as I have cast out all your brethren -- the whole posterity of Ephraim.
16. " Therefore do not pray for this people, nor lift up a cry or prayer for them, nor make intercession to Me; for I will not hear you.
17. "Do you not see what they do in the cities of Judah and in the streets of Jerusalem?
18. "The children gather wood, the fathers kindle the fire, and the women knead dough, to make cakes for the queen of heaven; and [they] pour out drink offerings to other gods, that they may provoke Me to anger.
19. "Do they provoke Me to anger?" says the LORD. "[Do they] not [provoke] themselves, to the shame of their own faces?"
20. Therefore thus says the Lord GOD: "Behold, My anger and My fury will be poured out on this place -- on man and on beast, on the trees of the field and on the fruit of the ground. And it will burn and not be quenched."

✝�STUDY: God's Prophet was asked to 'stand at the entrance to the Temple (Church) in order to proclaim to the worshippers (Christians) who come into the Temple (Church) to worship God' (v.2). The message was "Amend your ways and your doings (v.3a). Why would such a message come from God to those who go to the Temple to worship Him?

God is Omniscient, Omnipotent and Omnipresent. Before Him, all is naked and nothing can be hidden from Him (Heb. 4:13). He knows the heart of every man and the intent and purpose/motive behind every act of worship. His eye is too holy to behold sin (Hab. 1:13). He is so loving, not wanting any man to perish; He warns us saying "Behold, I, even I, see your deeds and motives, I know those who go to Church as a cover-up for their evil thoughts and ways, I also know those whose hearts are steadfast towards me.' Therefore, for it not to be for us as it was for 'Shiloh' (unbelievers), we must heed the warnings in verses 5b-18 seriously. We must ask for God's grace to amend our ways so that we can dwell in the land God has given to our fathers (v.7).

✝� PRAYER: I plead for your mercy and forgiveness, Oh Lord, grant me the grace to worship You in Spirit and in Truth. Amen.

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2022 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 7:24am On Feb 27, 2022
Date: 2022-02-27
(Quinquagesima)

✝�TOPIC: APART WITH THE LORD ON THE MOUNTAIN

✝�TEXT: Mark 9:2-9(NKJV)

2. Now after six days Jesus took Peter, James, and John, and led them up on a high mountain apart by themselves; and He was transfigured before them.
3. His clothes became shining, exceedingly white, like snow, such as no launderer on earth can whiten them.
4. And Elijah appeared to them with Moses, and they were talking with Jesus.
5. Then Peter answered and said to Jesus, "Rabbi, it is good for us to be here; and let us make three tabernacles: one for You, one for Moses, and one for Elijah" --
6. because he did not know what to say, for they were greatly afraid.
7. And a cloud came and overshadowed them; and a voice came out of the cloud, saying, "This is My beloved Son. Hear Him!"
8. Suddenly, when they had looked around, they saw no one anymore, but only Jesus with themselves.
9. Now as they came down from the mountain, He commanded them that they should tell no one the things they had seen, till the Son of Man had risen from the dead.

✝�STUDY: Jesus took Peter, James and John to a high mountain. No one else was there' (v.2a, TLB) and suddenly, they experienced an exclusive revelation of the Divinity of Christ. This was to remain a secret with them until a time (v.9). They had always been with Jesus (and other disciples) but they never experienced what they saw on that day when only they and Jesus were apart by themselves on the Mountain an experience which would transform their lives forever.

The Mountain is a place of exclusive communion with the Triune God! On the mountain, alone with our Lord, revelations are received into whatever aspect of God He decides to reveal, lessons of life are given and received (consider Moses at Mount Sinai, Ex. 19:20,24; Ex. 20, Jesus on the Mountain, Matt. 5-7). Instructions, insights, solutions and answers are received to issues of life on the mountain (Jer. 33:3; Ps. 32:cool.

God's promises are activated and victories won on the mountain (Ex. 17:8ff). Let us learn to be apart by ourselves, alone with God on our mountains. We will experience transformations that will make us truly fit for the Master's use.

✝� PRAYER: Dear Lord, help me this and every day to make room just for You and I in the 'mount.’

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2022 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 1:35pm On Feb 28, 2022

*DATE:* MONDAY, 28TH FEBRUARY, 2022
*THEME:* "OBEY MY VOICE AND WALK IN ALL MY WAYS"
*TEXT:* JEREMIAH 7: 21-34

21. “‘This is what the Lord Almighty, the God of Israel, says: Go ahead, add your burnt offerings to your other sacrifices and eat the meat yourselves!
22. For when I brought your ancestors out of Egypt and spoke to them, I did not just give them commands about burnt offerings and sacrifices,
23. but I gave them this command: Obey me, and I will be your God and you will be my people. Walk in obedience to all I command you, that it may go well with you.
24. But they did not listen or pay attention; instead, they followed the stubborn inclinations of their evil hearts. They went backward and not forward.
25. From the time your ancestors left Egypt until now, day after day, again and again I sent you my servants the prophets.
26. But they did not listen to me or pay attention. They were stiff-necked and did more evil than their ancestors.’
27. “When you tell them all this, they will not listen to you; when you call to them, they will not answer.
28. Therefore say to them, ‘This is the nation that has not obeyed the Lord its God or responded to correction. Truth has perished; it has vanished from their lips.
29. “‘Cut off your hair and throw it away; take up a lament on the barren heights, for the Lord has rejected and abandoned this generation that is under his wrath.
30. “‘The people of Judah have done evil in my eyes, declares the Lord. They have set up their detestable idols in the house that bears my Name and have defiled it.
31. They have built the high places of Topheth in the Valley of Ben Hinnom to burn their sons and daughters in the fire—something I did not command, nor did it enter my mind.
32. So beware, the days are coming, declares the Lord, when people will no longer call it Topheth or the Valley of Ben Hinnom, but the Valley of Slaughter, for they will bury the dead in Topheth until there is no more room.
33. Then the carcasses of this people will become food for the birds and the wild animals, and there will be no one to frighten them away.
34. I will bring an end to the sounds of joy and gladness and to the voices of bride and bridegroom in the towns of Judah and the streets of Jerusalem, for the land will become desolate.

Our passage of discourse shows the Lord of Hosts was really still angry with His people who were busy doing every other thing except what God commanded them. He therefore, would not accept even their burnt offerings because they were in error (vv. 21-22.). God speaks daily and every time. His voice is heard through His word - the Bible, through our? Conscience, through circumstances, etc. He gives us instructions on how to live daily in order for him to be our God. Do you hear His voice?

Whenever the Lord issues a command, it is usually for our own good, that it may go well with us (v.23). The issue is whether we hear His voice and are ready to obey Him? Do we walk in all the ways that He has commanded us or are we still following the counsels and dictates of evil men/women, bad friends, society, etc.? It is in obeying God's voice; and walking in all His ways that He will be our God and it will be well with us (Deut. 28:1-2), otherwise, destruction will follow (Deut. 28:15) choice is ours.

Teach me Lord to hear Your voice and walk in all the ways You command, in Jesus' name. *Amen*

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2022 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 5:49am On Mar 01, 2022

*DATE:* TUESDAY, 1ST MARCH, 2022 _*(Shrove Tuesday)*_
*THEME:* REPENT AND AVOID GOD'S WRATH.
*TEXT:* JEREMIAH 8: 1-16

1. “‘At that time, declares the Lord, the bones of the kings and officials of Judah, the bones of the priests and prophets, and the bones of the people of Jerusalem will be removed from their graves.
2. They will be exposed to the sun and the moon and all the stars of the heavens, which they have loved and served and which they have followed and consulted and worshiped. They will not be gathered up or buried, but will be like dung lying on the ground.
3. Wherever I banish them, all the survivors of this evil nation will prefer death to life, declares the Lord Almighty.’

4. “Say to them, ‘This is what the Lord says:
“‘When people fall down, do they not get up?
When someone turns away, do they not return?
5. Why then have these people turned away?
Why does Jerusalem always turn away?
They cling to deceit;
they refuse to return.
6. I have listened attentively,
but they do not say what is right.
None of them repent of their wickedness,
saying, “What have I done?”
Each pursues their own course
like a horse charging into battle.
7. Even the stork in the sky
knows her appointed seasons,
and the dove, the swift and the thrush
observe the time of their migration.
But my people do not know
the requirements of the Lord.

8. “‘How can you say, “We are wise,
for we have the law of the Lord,”
when actually the lying pen of the scribes
has handled it falsely?
9. The wise will be put to shame;
they will be dismayed and trapped.
Since they have rejected the word of the Lord,
what kind of wisdom do they have?
10. Therefore I will give their wives to other men
and their fields to new owners.
From the least to the greatest,
all are greedy for gain;
prophets and priests alike,
all practice deceit.
11. They dress the wound of my people
as though it were not serious.
“Peace, peace,” they say,
when there is no peace.
12. Are they ashamed of their detestable conduct?
No, they have no shame at all;
they do not even know how to blush.
So they will fall among the fallen;
they will be brought down when they are punished,
says the Lord.

13. “‘I will take away their harvest,
declares the Lord.
There will be no grapes on the vine.
There will be no figs on the tree,
and their leaves will wither.
What I have given them
will be taken from them.[a]’”

14. Why are we sitting here?
Gather together!
Let us flee to the fortified cities
and perish there!
For the Lord our God has doomed us to perish
and given us poisoned water to drink,
because we have sinned against him.
15. We hoped for peace
but no good has come,
for a time of healing
but there is only terror.
16. The snorting of the enemy’s horses
is heard from Dan;
at the neighing of their stallions
the whole land trembles.
They have come to devour
the land and everything in it,
the city and all who live there.

This passage reflects God's imminent judgement over the idolatrous and unrepentant people of Judah in the days of Prophet Jeremiah. The prophets and priests were giving false assurances rather than correction. The text foretells the Babylonian invasion that would lead to:
*1.* The death of many of them and exposure of their dead bodies - a desecration of their Jewish custom (vv. 1-3).
*2.* Acquisition of their wives and farmlands by their enemies (v.10).
*3.* Grapes and vine will be unproductive (v.13).
*4.* Search for fortified cities to hide in (v. 14).
*5.* Lack of peace and good health (v. 15). One would have thought that after hearing the impending doom, the people of Judah would repent but they did not. No repentant or righteous person was found in the city. Everyone behaved as he/she liked (v.6) and God's wrath came upon them (2 Kings 24:1-4, 20).

A similar situation is experienced in our society today. People are careless about God. They are unrepentant and live as they wish. Some believe in wealth, connections, positions and occultic powers. However, all of these cannot save; repentance is the key. Are there signs that you are living in sin or heading towards doom? What are you doing to get back on the right track? Today you can avoid God's wrath if you repent (Ezek. 33:11).

O God, I repent of my sins today and rededicate my life to You. May Your Word influence my thinking in Jesus' name. _*Amen.*_

*HAPPY NEW MONTH*
As you march into the month of MARCH, Jehovah Jireh - our Great Provider will fully satisfy every need of yours according to His riches in glory and your desires shall come to fruition in Jesus name. _*WELCOME TO YOUR MONTH OF GRACE*_

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2022 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 8:50am On Mar 02, 2022

*DATE:* WEDNESDAY, 2ND MARCH, 2022 _*(Ash Wednesday)*_
*THEME:* A CALL TO REPENTANCE
*TEXT:* JEREMIAH 8: 18-9: 11

18. You who are my Comforter[b] in sorrow,
my heart is faint within me.
19. Listen to the cry of my people
from a land far away:
“Is the Lord not in Zion?
Is her King no longer there?”
“Why have they aroused my anger with their images,
with their worthless foreign idols?”
20. “The harvest is past,
the summer has ended,
and we are not saved.”
21. Since my people are crushed, I am crushed;
I mourn, and horror grips me.
22. Is there no balm in Gilead?
Is there no physician there?
Why then is there no healing
for the wound of my people?

_*Jeremiah 9: 11*_
1. Oh, that my head were a spring of water
and my eyes a fountain of tears!
I would weep day and night
for the slain of my people.
2. Oh, that I had in the desert
a lodging place for travelers,
so that I might leave my people
and go away from them;
for they are all adulterers,
a crowd of unfaithful people.

3. “They make ready their tongue
like a bow, to shoot lies;
it is not by truth
that they triumph in the land.
They go from one sin to another;
they do not acknowledge me,”
declares the Lord.
4. “Beware of your friends;
do not trust anyone in your clan.
For every one of them is a deceiver,
and every friend a slanderer.
5. Friend deceives friend,
and no one speaks the truth.
They have taught their tongues to lie;
they weary themselves with sinning.
6. You[d] live in the midst of deception;
in their deceit they refuse to acknowledge me,”
declares the Lord.

7. Therefore this is what the Lord Almighty says:

“See, I will refine and test them,
for what else can I do
because of the sin of my people?
8. Their tongue is a deadly arrow;
it speaks deceitfully.
With their mouths they all speak cordially to their neighbors,
but in their hearts they set traps for them.
9. Should I not punish them for this?”
declares the Lord.
“Should I not avenge myself
on such a nation as this?”

10. I will weep and wail for the mountains
and take up a lament concerning the wilderness grasslands.
They are desolate and untraveled,
and the lowing of cattle is not heard.
The birds have all fled
and the animals are gone.

11. “I will make Jerusalem a heap of ruins,
a haunt of jackals;
and I will lay waste the towns of Judah
so no one can live there.”

Jeremiah sees a vision of Judah in exile (w. 18-19). The fate of the people greatly disturbs him. In amazement, he wonders whether God had abandoned his people and no longer reigned in Zion? God's answer was simple: He had not abandoned the land of Judah! The problem was that the people had abandoned God. The usual joy of abundance in seasons of sowing and harvest went away while they were in exile. They neglected the opportunity to repent, now was the time to reap what they had sown. Jeremiah wondered why there was no healing; God's answer was that they refused to seek the great Physician. In stubbornness of their rebellion, they lost the opportunity to heed to God's plea of repentance.

This Lenten season beginning with the Ash Wednesday today. avails us of another opportunity to sincerely repent of our sins, correct our faults, purify our hearts, control our desires, grow in holiness and intercede for the needs of others. We need to, like Jeremiah, intercede for ourselves, church, nation and our families.

Almighty God, we acknowledge our sinfulness but ask for Your mercy. Look mercifully upon our infirmities and save us from self-destruction in Jesus' name. *Amen.*

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2022 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 6:20am On Mar 03, 2022
Date: 2022-03-03

✝�TOPIC: A CALL TO DEPEND ON GOD

✝�TEXT: Jeremiah 9:12-24 (NKJV)

12. Who [is] the wise man who may understand this? And [who is he] to whom the mouth of the LORD has spoken, that he may declare it? Why does the land perish [and] burn up like a wilderness, so that no one can pass through?
13. And the LORD said, "Because they have forsaken My law which I set before them, and have not obeyed My voice, nor walked according to it,
14. "but they have walked according to the dictates of their own hearts and after the Baals, which their fathers taught them,"
15. therefore thus says the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel: "Behold, I will feed them, this people, with wormwood, and give them water of gall to drink.
16. "I will scatter them also among the Gentiles, whom neither they nor their fathers have known. And I will send a sword after them until I have consumed them."
17. Thus says the LORD of hosts: "Consider and call for the mourning women, That they may come; And send for skillful wailing women, That they may come.
18. Let them make haste And take up a wailing for us, That our eyes may run with tears, And our eyelids gush with water.
19. For a voice of wailing is heard from Zion: 'How we are plundered! We are greatly ashamed, Because we have forsaken the land, Because we have been cast out of our dwellings.' "
20. Yet hear the word of the LORD, O women, And let your ear receive the word of His mouth; Teach your daughters wailing, And everyone her neighbor a lamentation.
21. For death has come through our windows, Has entered our palaces, To kill off the children -- [no longer to be] outside! [And] the young men -- [no longer] on the streets!
22. Speak, "Thus says the LORD: 'Even the carcasses of men shall fall as refuse on the open field, Like cuttings after the harvester, And no one shall gather [them.'] "
23. Thus says the LORD: "Let not the wise [man] glory in his wisdom, Let not the mighty [man] glory in his might, Nor let the rich [man] glory in his riches;
24. But let him who glories glory in this, That he understands and knows Me, That I [am] the LORD, exercising lovingkindness, judgment, and righteousness in the earth. For in these I delight," says the LORD.

✝�STUDY: God is again reminding the people of Judah, that they had forsaken His statutes and had rather followed the dictates of their own hearts and Baal (vv. 13-14). God promised to reward them with bitter judgment and exile. Jeremiah was frightened by the prophetic vision of impending doom that was to come upon the disobedient and sinful Judah. They depended on their own capabilities and not on God.

The sinful nature of the people of Judah had reached the climax and it was obvious that God was angry and would bring disaster upon them. Yet, they appeared undisturbed. God demanded that they know Him and His attributes of lovingkindness, justice and righteousness (v. 24). The Scripture admonishes us not to glory in vain and transient material things but (rather) to glory in the understanding and knowledge of the Lord. Your capabilities will fail you – wealth, fame, power, knowledge, etc., but God does not fail (1 Sam. 2:9; Heb. 13:cool. Confess your total dependence on Him today and He will show you love, justice and righteousness.

✝� PRAYER: Holy God, I surrender my will to Your Will. Guide and show me Your love in all my ways through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2022 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 6:15am On Mar 04, 2022
Date: 2022-03-04

✝�TOPIC: WORSHIP THE ONLY TRUE GOD

✝�TEXT: Jeremiah 10:1-16 (NKJV)

1. Hear the word which the LORD speaks to you, O house of Israel.
2. Thus says the LORD: "Do not learn the way of the Gentiles; Do not be dismayed at the signs of heaven, For the Gentiles are dismayed at them.
3. For the customs of the peoples [are] futile; For [one] cuts a tree from the forest, The work of the hands of the workman, with the ax.
4. They decorate it with silver and gold; They fasten it with nails and hammers So that it will not topple.
5. They [are] upright, like a palm tree, And they cannot speak; They must be carried, Because they cannot go [by themselves.] Do not be afraid of them, For they cannot do evil, Nor can they do any good."
6. Inasmuch as [there is] none like You, O LORD (You [are] great, and Your name [is] great in might),
7. Who would not fear You, O King of the nations? For this is Your rightful due. For among all the wise [men] of the nations, And in all their kingdoms, [There is] none like You.
8. But they are altogether dull-hearted and foolish; A wooden idol [is] a worthless doctrine.
9. Silver is beaten into plates; It is brought from Tarshish, And gold from Uphaz, The work of the craftsman And of the hands of the metalsmith; Blue and purple [are] their clothing; They [are] all the work of skillful [men.]
10. But the LORD [is] the true God; He [is] the living God and the everlasting King. At His wrath the earth will tremble, And the nations will not be able to endure His indignation.
11. Thus you shall say to them: "The gods that have not made the heavens and the earth shall perish from the earth and from under these heavens."
12. He has made the earth by His power, He has established the world by His wisdom, And has stretched out the heavens at His discretion.
13. When He utters His voice, [There is] a multitude of waters in the heavens: "And He causes the vapors to ascend from the ends of the earth. He makes lightning for the rain, He brings the wind out of His treasuries."
14. Everyone is dull-hearted, without knowledge; Every metalsmith is put to shame by an image; For his molded image [is] falsehood, And [there is] no breath in them.
15. They [are] futile, a work of errors; In the time of their punishment they shall perish.
16. The Portion of Jacob [is] not like them, For He [is] the Maker of all [things,] And Israel [is] the tribe of His inheritance; The LORD of hosts [is] His name.

✝�STUDY: In our text today, God warned the Israelites not to follow the ways of other nations by worshipping idols (vv. 1-2), but to acknowledge Him as the true God (1 Cor. 8:4; Exo. 20:4, 5). The Scriptures are filled with evidence of the supremacy of God over idols and the affirmation that the LORD is the true God.

An idol is anything that takes or competes with the place of God in our hearts, including an object of reverence or a person of passionate admiration (e.g., a celebrity). The prophet echoed-“The Lord is the true God, He is the living God and the everlasting king” (v.10). There is none indeed like our God. All other gods are the works of men; Jehovah is the ONLY true God. He is omniscient, omnipotent, and omnipresent, the I AM that I AM. The charge of Joshua (Josh 24.15) to the people of Israel to choose whom to serve - either the true God or idols - still applies to us today. It is rewarding when we truly worship and serve the Lord (Ps. 37:25). Let us therefore cast away anything that represents idols in our lives.

✝� PRAYER: Lord, grant me the grace to worship you in spirit and in truth. Amen.

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2022 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 7:55am On Mar 05, 2022

*DATE:* SATURDAY, 5TH MARCH, 2022
*THEME:* LEANING ON GOD
*TEXT:* JEREMIAH 10: 17-24

17. Gather up your belongings to leave the land,
you who live under siege.
18. For this is what the Lord says:
“At this time I will hurl out
those who live in this land;
I will bring distress on them
so that they may be captured.”
19. Woe to me because of my injury!
My wound is incurable!
Yet I said to myself,
“This is my sickness, and I must endure it.”
20. My tent is destroyed;
all its ropes are snapped.
My children are gone from me and are no more;
no one is left now to pitch my tent
or to set up my shelter.
21. The shepherds are senseless
and do not inquire of the Lord;
so they do not prosper
and all their flock is scattered.
22. Listen! The report is coming—
a great commotion from the land of the north!
It will make the towns of Judah desolate,
a haunt of jackals.

_*Jeremiah’s Prayer*_
23. Lord, I know that people’s lives are not their own;
it is not for them to direct their steps.
24. Discipline me, Lord, but only in due measure—
not in your anger,
or you will reduce me to nothing.

Our text today draws attention to the need to completely depend on God. Some people erroneously believe that they are in control of their lives. They believe that their steps in life are in their power to direct. Others attribute their success in life to their smartness in business, security arrangements, social connections, academic intelligence and eloquence. Some of us believe that the reason we overcame the COVID-19 pandemic is because we stuck to the guidelines. It would be most unfortunate if we divorce God from the center of it all. It is God who is in charge and total control of our lives (Acts. 17:28). Prophet Jeremiah affirmed that God's ability to direct our lives is far superior to our own ability (v.23).

Our knowledge of total dependence on God should teach us to be careful how we live because our lives are not in our hands but in God's hands. The likes of king Nebuchadnezzar (Dan. 4:29-31), king Herod (Acts 12:21-23) and the rich fool (Luke 12:13-21) were humbled under the mighty hands of God. Let us humble ourselves and learn to depend on God. As we step out today, let us acknowledge God in all your ways and lean not on your own understanding (Prov. 3.3-5).

Sovereign Lord, grant me the grace to understand and always submit to Your Will in Jesus name. _*Amen.*_

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2022 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 9:43am On Mar 06, 2022
Date: 2022-03-06
*First Sunday in Lent*

✝�TOPIC: LIVING FOR CHRIST

✝�TEXT: Philippians 1:1-26 (NKJV)

1. Paul and Timothy, bondservants of Jesus Christ, To all the saints in Christ Jesus who are in Philippi, with the bishops and deacons:
2. Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.
3. I thank my God upon every remembrance of you,
4. always in every prayer of mine making request for you all with joy,
5. for your fellowship in the gospel from the first day until now,
6. being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete [it] until the day of Jesus Christ;
7. just as it is right for me to think this of you all, because I have you in my heart, inasmuch as both in my chains and in the defense and confirmation of the gospel, you all are partakers with me of grace.
8. For God is my witness, how greatly I long for you all with the affection of Jesus Christ.
9. And this I pray, that your love may abound still more and more in knowledge and all discernment,
10. that you may approve the things that are excellent, that you may be sincere and without offense till the day of Christ,
11. being filled with the fruits of righteousness which [are] by Jesus Christ, to the glory and praise of God.
12. But I want you to know, brethren, that the things [which happened] to me have actually turned out for the furtherance of the gospel,
13. so that it has become evident to the whole palace guard, and to all the rest, that my chains are in Christ;
14. and most of the brethren in the Lord, having become confident by my chains, are much more bold to speak the word without fear.
15. Some indeed preach Christ even from envy and strife, and some also from good will:
16. The former preach Christ from selfish ambition, not sincerely, supposing to add affliction to my chains;
17. but the latter out of love, knowing that I am appointed for the defense of the gospel.
18. What then? Only [that] in every way, whether in pretense or in truth, Christ is preached; and in this I rejoice, yes, and will rejoice.
19. For I know that this will turn out for my deliverance through your prayer and the supply of the Spirit of Jesus Christ,
20. according to my earnest expectation and hope that in nothing I shall be ashamed, but with all boldness, as always, so now also Christ will be magnified in my body, whether by life or by death.
21. For to me, to live [is] Christ, and to die [is] gain.
22. But if [I] live on in the flesh, this [will mean] fruit from [my] labor; yet what I shall choose I cannot tell.
23. For I am hard pressed between the two, having a desire to depart and be with Christ, [which is] far better.
24. Nevertheless to remain in the flesh [is] more needful for you.
25. And being confident of this, I know that I shall remain and continue with you all for your progress and joy of faith,
26. that your rejoicing for me may be more abundant in Jesus Christ by my coming to you again.

✝�STUDY: Apostle Paul’s epistle to the Philippians was a ‘Thank you’ letter for their partnership in ministry and support, both when he was with them and when he was apart from them (2 Cor. 8:1-7). He used himself as an example, being in prison, chains, restricted, persecuted and opened to death – to encourage the Church in Philippi to live for Christ Jesus in all situations. In verse 21, he echoes a somewhat familiar line “For to me, to live is CHRIST, and to die is gain.” It is only a life lived for and in Christ that is guaranteed a blissful eternity. There is no greater call than living purposefully for the kingdom. To just live or exist is not enough but having a proper understanding of your mission on earth will define your life focus.The Philippian church is an example of a supportive church, though a small church, they were highly motivated and dedicated Christians who understood the true essence of brotherly love preached by our Lord Jesus Christ. Paul’s lack of fear of death under his circumstance encouraged others to boldly proclaim the gospel. We should emulate him - not to be ashamed to identify with Christ (Phil. 1: 12-14), but willing to preach Christ whether living or dying (v.21) knowing that nothing can separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus (Rom. 8: 35-36).
PRAYER: Lord, I want to live for you alone, give me the grace to fulfil my purpose in life. Amen.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2022 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 6:14am On Mar 07, 2022

*DATE:* MONDAY, 7TH MARCH, 2022
*THEME:* THE SUPREMACY OF CHRIST'S PRIESTHOOD
*TEXT:* HEBREWS 4:14- 5:10

14. Therefore, since we have a great high priest who has ascended into heaven, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold firmly to the faith we profess.
15. For we do not have a high priest who is unable to empathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are—yet he did not sin.
16. Let us then approach God’s throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.

_*Hebrews 5: 1-10*_
1. Every high priest is selected from among the people and is appointed to represent the people in matters related to God, to offer gifts and sacrifices for sins.
2. He is able to deal gently with those who are ignorant and are going astray, since he himself is subject to weakness.
3. This is why he has to offer sacrifices for his own sins, as well as for the sins of the people.
4. And no one takes this honor on himself, but he receives it when called by God, just as Aaron was.
5. In the same way, Christ did not take on himself the glory of becoming a high priest. But God said to him,
“You are my Son;
today I have become your Father.”
6. And he says in another place,
“You are a priest forever,
in the order of Melchizedek."
7. During the days of Jesus’ life on earth, he offered up prayers and petitions with fervent cries and tears to the one who could save him from death, and he was heard because of his reverent submission.
8. Son though he was, he learned obedience from what he suffered
9. And, once made perfect, he became the source of eternal salvation for all who obey him
10. And was designated by God to be high priest in the order of Melchizedek.

Today the writer of Hebrews reminds us that as Children of God, we have obtained total access to God through our High Priest - the Lord Jesus Christ (Heb. 5:5-10). Jesus mediates between us and God and assures us of God's forgiveness. Unlike the high priest who could go before God only once a year, Christ is always at God's Right Hand, interceding for us. Jesus has more authority than the Jewish high priests because He is truly God and truly man. Born as a man, lived among men, went through the same ­human challenges and temptations without sin (vv. 14-15), he therefore, completely understands our weaknesses and sympathises with us. He is always available when we pray and can give us strength to overcome our trials and temptations.

Beloved, at times, we will undergo trials because we want to obey God's will. Remember, Jesus still sits at the right hand of God and makes intercession for us daily; and his priesthood is forever. Learn to depend on His grace alone and approach Him boldly to obtain mercy and help in time of need.

Lord, fill me with courage when faced with trials and temptations so that Christ will be honoured in my life. *Amen.*

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Pastor Chris Oyakilome's Phone Number / Amazing Scientific Proof That Hell Exists. / Endtimes : Commonsense Reasons Why Jesus Returns Before 2040 - Don Koenig

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 333
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.