Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,334 members, 7,819,164 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:09 PM

Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2022 (Anglican Communion) - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2022 (Anglican Communion) (13980 Views)

Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) / Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) / Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2019 (Anglican Communion) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2022 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 11:58pm On Aug 22, 2022
✝� DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL
Date: 2022-08-23

�TOPIC: GIVING TO GLORIFY GOD

✝️TEXT: 2 Corinthians 9:1-15 (NKJV)

1. Now concerning the ministering to the saints, it is superfluous for me to write to you;
2. for I know your willingness, about which I boast of you to the Macedonians, that Achaia was ready a year ago; and your zeal has stirred up the majority.
3. Yet I have sent the brethren, lest our boasting of you should be in vain in this respect, that, as I said, you may be ready;
4. lest if [some] Macedonians come with me and find you unprepared, we (not to mention you!) should be ashamed of this confident boasting.
5. Therefore I thought it necessary to exhort the brethren to go to you ahead of time, and prepare your generous gift beforehand, which [you had] previously promised, that it may be ready as [a matter of] generosity and not as a grudging obligation.
6. But this [I say:] He who sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and he who sows bountifully will also reap bountifully.
7. [So let] each one [give] as he purposes in his heart, not grudgingly or of necessity; for God loves a cheerful giver.
8. And God [is] able to make all grace abound toward you, that you, always having all sufficiency in all [things,] may have an abundance for every good work.
9. As it is written: "He has dispersed abroad, He has given to the poor; His righteousness endures forever."
10. Now may He who supplies seed to the sower, and bread for food, supply and multiply the seed you have [sown] and increase the fruits of your righteousness,
11. while [you are] enriched in everything for all liberality, which causes thanksgiving through us to God.
12. For the administration of this service not only supplies the needs of the saints, but also is abounding through many thanksgivings to God,
13. while, through the proof of this ministry, they glorify God for the obedience of your confession to the gospel of Christ, and for [your] liberal sharing with them and all [men,]
14. and by their prayer for you, who long for you because of the exceeding grace of God in you.
15. Thanks [be] to God for His indescribable gift!

✝️STUDY: Today’s lesson is the continuation of yesterday’s meditation. Paul had already boasted about the Achaians’ willingness to make contributions for the famine victims. So he sent Titus, and two other brothers, to Achaia in order that the contribution be made ready before his arrival (8:6, 16-18, 23; 1 Cor. 16:1-4). He sent brethren ahead so that he would not be embarrassed or disappointed when he arrived if they had not yet made the contribution. Paul perceived that some people wanted to discourage them, so apart from sending brethren, he also wrote in order to encourage them to carry out their planned contribution. He urged them to give as a matter of generosity, not of grudging obligation (v.5). He told them that whatever they sowed, they would reap in the same measure (v.6). Reaping sparingly or bountifully, did not imply that they would reap material things for their generous giving but rather referred to the spiritual blessing of eternal glory. Whatever they gave was to be seen as a sacrificial contribution which God alone would reward.

Dearly beloved, let us endeavour to give the gift that gives glory to God, not as eye service or a show-off, so that we can reap bountifully, spiritually and physically, knowing very well that there is nothing we do for God that will go without reward. And whatever we sow, we will surely reap, whether it be good or bad.

✝️ PRAYER: Dear Lord, create in me the heart that gives generously.

Credits: Daily Fountain devotional

NOTE: Get in here to order your Fashionable items at the right prices, click this link
https://www.nairaland.com/7180601/affordable-high-quality-fashionable-items
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2022 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 3:13am On Aug 24, 2022
✝�DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL

Date: 2022-08-24

TOPIC: IT IS NOT BY YOUR POWER

✝�TEXT: Acts 5:12-16(NKJV)

12. And through the hands of the apostles many signs and wonders were done among the people. And they were all with one accord in Solomon's Porch.
13. Yet none of the rest dared join them, but the people esteemed them highly.
14. And believers were increasingly added to the Lord, multitudes of both men and women,
15. so that they brought the sick out into the streets and laid [them] on beds and couches, that at least the shadow of Peter passing by might fall on some of them.
16. Also a multitude gathered from the surrounding cities to Jerusalem, bringing sick people and those who were tormented by unclean spirits, and they were all healed.

✝�STUDY: The Apostles did many miracles, and the church of God under their watch increased. This was definitely the fulfilment of the promise Jesus made to them in John 14:12: “Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works I do he will do also; and greater works than these he will do, because I go to My Father.” They preached and taught every day from the Solomon’s porch of the temple where they regularly met for evangelistic outreach (Acts 3:11). The temple was a location for evangelism because religious people continually came there for prayer and sacrifices. Those who believed the witness of the Apostles were added to the body of Christ (the church) by God upon obedience to the gospel. God allowed greater miraculous testimony to accompany their ministry.

He allowed unique healing to take place by their hands in order to reaffirm that they were special witnesses of Jesus and His resurrection. In their missionary journey, Bartholomew was not left out (Acts 1:13-14); he played a pivotal role among the Apostles and became one of the recognised voices. The most important and interesting part of the ministry of the disciples was the fact that with all that God made them to achieve, they did not ascribe the glory to themselves rather, they returned it to God (Acts 3:12).This should be a lesson to us as men of God or ministers not to take the glory that belongs to God. We should not see ourselves as solution providers to people’s problem and not God who has called us into the ordained ministry. God can perform His miracle through anybody, so if He has decided to use us, we must endeavour to give all the glory to Him and not ourselves. Regardless of your status, influence and personality, it is important we know that God has placed us where we are for a purpose and that purpose is for us to be light in the midst of darkness; not to take the glory that belongs to God.

✝️�PRAYER: It is not by power nor by might but by my spirit says the Lord.

NOTE: Get in here to order your Fashionable items at the right prices, click this link
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2022 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 4:21am On Aug 25, 2022
*THE DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL.* CHURCH OF NIGERIA _(ANGLICAN COMMUNION)_

*DATE:* THURSDAY, 25TH AUGUST, 2022 *THEME:* EVIL COMMUNICATIONS CORRUPT GOOD MANNERS

*TEXT:* PROVERBS 1:1-19

*BIBLE READING* (KJV)

1. The proverbs of Solomon the son of David, king of Israel;
2. To know wisdom and instruction; to perceive the words of understanding;
3. To receive the instruction of wisdom, justice, and judgment, and equity;
4. To give subtilty to the simple, to the young man knowledge and discretion.
5. A wise man will hear, and will increase learning; and a man of understanding shall attain unto wise counsels:
6. To understand a proverb, and the interpretation; the words of the wise, and their dark sayings.
7. The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.
8. My son, hear the instruction of thy father, and forsake not the law of thy mother:
9. For they shall be an ornament of grace unto thy head, and chains about thy neck.
10. My son, if sinners entice thee, consent thou not.
11. If they say, Come with us, let us lay wait for blood, let us lurk privily for the innocent without cause:
12. Let us swallow them up alive as the grave; and whole, as those that go down into the pit:
13. We shall find all precious substance, we shall fill our houses with spoil:
14. Cast in thy lot among us; let us all have one purse:
15. My son, walk not thou in the way with them; refrain thy foot from their path:
16. For their feet run to evil, and make haste to shed blood.
17. Surely in vain the net is spread in the sight of any bird.
18. And they lay wait for their own blood; they lurk privily for their own lives.
19. So are the ways of every one that is greedy of gain; which taketh away the life of the owners thereof.

In the history of Israel from the time of the kings, Solomon was the one to whom the Israelites turned for wisdom. Though Solomon was not the sole writer of the Book of Proverbs, yet the book begins with giving credit to Solomon for his wisdom (v.1). It is not out of point to say that Solomon was actually talking about the ethical teaching that expresses a truth concerning living in today’s passage. He said in verse 7: “The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and instruction”, meaning that to achieve what he mentioned in verses 2-6, one must have the fear of the Lord. He also advised the young ones that it is most honourable for them to obey their parents (vv. 8-9) and concluded by telling them to shun or avoid bad company which would make them end up in wretchedness and ruin (vv. 10-19), because, evil company corrupts good habits (1 Cor. 15:33).

Brethren, since it is not out of place to say that Solomon was talking about the ethical teaching that expresses a truth concerning living; then it is important we know that to live a life that pleases God, we must adhere strictly to all His instructions, especially as it concerns today’s passage. We are to always remember that obedience is better than sacrifice. And if obedience is better than sacrifice, why would we then choose to go after something that has less quality and abandon that which has greater quality?

*PRAYER:*

It is not by power nor by might but by my spirit says the Lord. Father, give me listening ears and a consented heart that I may do that which pleases You always. *Amen.*

*QUOTE FOR THE DAY:*
God says

_"I will comfort you just like a mother would."_ *Isaiah 66:13*

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2022 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 5:30am On Aug 26, 2022

*DATE:* FRIDAY, 26TH AUGUST, 2022 *THEME:* DO NOT NEGLECT GOD'S WISDOM

*TEXT:* PROVERBS 1:20-33

*BIBLE READING* (KJV)

20. Wisdom crieth without; she uttereth her voice in the streets:
21. She crieth in the chief place of concourse, in the openings of the gates: in the city she uttereth her words, saying,
22. How long, ye simple ones, will ye love simplicity? and the scorners delight in their scorning, and fools hate knowledge?
23. Turn you at my reproof: behold, I will pour out my spirit unto you, I will make known my words unto you.
24. Because I have called, and ye refused; I have stretched out my hand, and no man regarded;
25. But ye have set at nought all my counsel, and would none of my reproof:
26. I also will laugh at your calamity; I will mock when your fear cometh;
27. When your fear cometh as desolation, and your destruction cometh as a whirlwind; when distress and anguish cometh upon you.
28. Then shall they call upon me, but I will not answer; they shall seek me early, but they shall not find me:
29. For that they hated knowledge, and did not choose the fear of the LORD:
30. They would none of my counsel: they despised all my reproof.
31. Therefore shall they eat of the fruit of their own way, and be filled with their own devices.
32. For the turning away of the simple shall slay them, and the prosperity of fools shall destroy them.
33. But whoso hearkeneth unto me shall dwell safely, and shall be quiet from fear of evil.

Solomon in our passage today, attributes human qualities to wisdom. Wisdom calls aloud outside; she raises her voice in the open square (v.20). Wisdom becomes the teacher herself and takes her place at the primary place from which people can hear her instruction (v.21). Wisdom takes it upon herself to instruct anyone who mocks or rejects her that such a person is defiant. The following people were mentioned in the passage:
*(1) The simple ones:* These are not people who are intellectually challenged but those who have no moral conscience.
*(2) Scorners:* Those who mock wisdom and are defiant or rebellious to the ways of God.
*(3) Fools:* Those who are defiant and against God’s instructions. So, the simple ones are scorners and fools.

They must repent and turn to the truth that was preached, if not, their calamity shall be laughed at. Laughing at their calamity is not a reference to one personally rejoicing in the calamity of others. It is wisdom being vindicated because of the destruction into which the simple, scorners and fools have fallen because they have rejected wisdom.

Beloved, remember that, “wisdom is the principal thing; therefore, get wisdom. And in all your getting, get understanding’’ (Prov. 4:7). It is very important we know that terrible disappointment awaits all who refuse God’s wisdom or counsel. To avoid this disappointment, we must yield to God’s instructions and seek His wisdom in all that we do. Know that this wisdom, can only be found in Jesus Christ.

O God, help me to always apply your wisdom in all that I do through Jesus Christ our Lord. *Amen.*

God says

_"Your sadness last for a night, but joy will come in the morning."_ *Psalm 30:5*

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2022 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 7:06am On Aug 27, 2022

Date: 2022-08-27

� TOPIC: THE PRINCIPAL TREASURES

✝� TEXT: Proverbs 2(NKJV)

1. My son, if you receive my words, And treasure my commands within you,
2. So that you incline your ear to wisdom, [And] apply your heart to understanding;
3. Yes, if you cry out for discernment, [And] lift up your voice for understanding,
4. If you seek her as silver, And search for her as [for] hidden treasures;
5. Then you will understand the fear of the LORD, And find the knowledge of God.
6. For the LORD gives wisdom; From His mouth [come] knowledge and understanding;
7. He stores up sound wisdom for the upright; [He is] a shield to those who walk uprightly;
8. He guards the paths of justice, And preserves the way of His saints.
9. Then you will understand righteousness and justice, Equity [and] every good path.
10. When wisdom enters your heart, And knowledge is pleasant to your soul,
11. Discretion will preserve you; Understanding will keep you,
12. To deliver you from the way of evil, From the man who speaks perverse things,
13. From those who leave the paths of uprightness To walk in the ways of darkness;
14. Who rejoice in doing evil, [And] delight in the perversity of the wicked;
15. Whose ways [are] crooked, And [who are] devious in their paths;
16. To deliver you from the immoral woman, From the seductress [who] flatters with her words,
17. Who forsakes the companion of her youth, And forgets the covenant of her God.
18. For her house leads down to death, And her paths to the dead;
19. None who go to her return, Nor do they regain the paths of life --
20. So you may walk in the way of goodness, And keep [to] the paths of righteousness.
21. For the upright will dwell in the land, And the blameless will remain in it;
22. But the wicked will be cut off from the earth, And the unfaithful will be uprooted from it.

✝� STUDY: Solomon in his proverbs tried to open the minds of everyone, especially the youth, to the three principal treasures (wisdom, knowledge and understanding) that one should get to have a fulfilled life. He explained the government system of this world to be so evil, perverse, crooked and full of darkness (vv. 13-15).

Moreover, the activities of immoral women which led to physical and spiritual deaths were rampant in that society. So, for a young one to escape these ungodly manners, there was need for the fear of God (vv. 3-5). This can only be achieved if one is grounded in the wisdom, knowledge and understanding of God.The three principal treasures of wisdom, knowledge and understanding, are likened to hidden treasures that one must get to be upright (v.4). Christians in this generation should desire these treasures more than in the days of Solomon. To fear God means to obey His commandments and we can achieve this if we incline our ears to wisdom, put our minds to knowledge and apply our hearts to understanding of God’s words. By so doing, we shall be preserved from impending danger and enjoy the blessings therein (vv. 7, 11, 21).

✝️� PRAYER: Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore, get wisdom..

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2022 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 11:28am On Aug 29, 2022
✝� *DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL*

Date: 2022-08-29

� *TOPIC*: THE PRINCIPLES OF GOOD LIVING

✝� *TEXT*: Proverbs 3:27-4:9(NKJV)

27. Do not withhold good from those to whom it is due, When it is in the power of your hand to do [so.]
28. Do not say to your neighbor, "Go, and come back, And tomorrow I will give [it,"] When [you have] it with you.
29. Do not devise evil against your neighbor, For he dwells by you for safety's sake.
30. Do not strive with a man without cause, If he has done you no harm.
31. Do not envy the oppressor, And choose none of his ways;
32. For the perverse [person is] an abomination to the LORD, But His secret counsel [is] with the upright.
33. The curse of the LORD [is] on the house of the wicked, But He blesses the home of the just.
34. Surely He scorns the scornful, But gives grace to the humble.
35. The wise shall inherit glory, But shame shall be the legacy of fools.
36. Hear, [my] children, the instruction of a father, And give attention to know understanding;
37. For I give you good doctrine: Do not forsake my law.
38. When I was my father's son, Tender and the only one in the sight of my mother,
39. He also taught me, and said to me: "Let your heart retain my words; Keep my commands, and live.
40. Get wisdom! Get understanding! Do not forget, nor turn away from the words of my mouth.
41. Do not forsake her, and she will preserve you; Love her, and she will keep you.
42. Wisdom [is] the principal thing; [Therefore] get wisdom. And in all your getting, get understanding.
43. Exalt her, and she will promote you; She will bring you honor, when you embrace her.
44. She will place on your head an ornament of grace; A crown of glory she will deliver to you."

✝� *STUDY*: Wisdom is the application of the knowledge of God’s word. To live comfortably in a perverted society requires wisdom. Many ungodly characters abound daily to shake one’s faith in God. Solomon explained some basic principles derived from wisdom which aim to encourage good living of mankind in the society. They include: (1) Do not withhold good (vv. 27-28). (2) Do not devise evil (vv. 29-30). (3) Do not envy (vv. 31-32). The implications of these principles are shown in verses 33-35. This shows that wisdom is security and we will live peacefully if we carefully follow these principles. Solomon also enjoined the young to desire wisdom and set themselves on the road to grace and glory (4:5-9) Christians are also instructed in these principles.

We must lend to those in need and do good to all men (Gal. 6:10). If we do good, we shall be happy (John 13:17). If our neighbours dwell peacefully with us, we should not generate strife with them. We must always work with a positive outlook in life. We should also learn to be contented with the things we have so that we won’t follow others to seek wealth through evil means. It is an abomination to the Lord!

✝️�� *PRAYER*: …For wisdom is a defence and it gives life to those who have it.

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2022 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 3:13am On Aug 30, 2022

*DATE:* TUESDAY, 30TH AUGUST, 2022 *THEME:* WISDOM ENRICHES MORE THAN GOLD

*TEXT:* PROVERBS 8: 1-21

*BIBLE READING* (KJV)

1. Doth not wisdom cry? and understanding put forth her voice?
2. She standeth in the top of high places, by the way in the places of the paths.
3. She crieth at the gates, at the entry of the city, at the coming in at the doors.
4. Unto you, O men, I call; and my voice is to the sons of man.
5. O ye simple, understand wisdom: and, ye fools, be ye of an understanding heart.
6. Hear; for I will speak of excellent things; and the opening of my lips shall be right things.
7. For my mouth shall speak truth; and wickedness is an abomination to my lips.
8. All the words of my mouth are in righteousness; there is nothing froward or perverse in them.
9. They are all plain to him that understandeth, and right to them that find knowledge.
10. Receive my instruction, and not silver; and knowledge rather than choice gold.
11. For wisdom is better than rubies; and all the things that may be desired are not to be compared to it.
12. I wisdom dwell with prudence, and find out knowledge of witty inventions.
13. The fear of the LORD is to hate evil: pride, and arrogancy, and the evil way, and the froward mouth, do I hate.
14. Counsel is mine, and sound wisdom: I am understanding; I have strength.
15. By me kings reign, and princes decree justice.
16. By me princes rule, and nobles, even all the judges of the earth.
17. I love them that love me; and those that seek me early shall find me.
18. Riches and honour are with me; yea, durable riches and righteousness.
19. My fruit is better than gold, yea, than fine gold; and my revenue than choice silver.
20. I lead in the way of righteousness, in the midst of the paths of judgment:
21. That I may cause those that love me to inherit substance; and I will fill their treasures.

In today’s reading, Solomon continues to explain more the relevance of wisdom. In this passage, wisdom is personified as a feminine gender in contrast with the adulterous woman in Chapter 7. The adulterous woman could only be found along the street corner which eventually leads to hell (7: 12, 27) while wisdom reveals herself on the top of the high hill and opens gates and public places to bless the simple ones who befriend her (8: 1-5). The excellent gift of wisdom in this passage is riches that endure (v.18). There is no one who embraces wisdom that would not be enriched with the fear of God, prudence, discretion, justice and blessings (vv.13-16). Wisdom also honours her lovers and blesses them with riches (vv. 17-18).

Beloved, this is a call to embrace wisdom for its fruit is better than gold and its revenue than choice silver (v.19). We should learn from Solomon who did not pray for riches, instead requested for wisdom and understanding (1 Kings 3: 5-12) but when blessed with wisdom and understanding, he gained the riches. We are also warned never to seek for wisdom because of its material gains; the one who seeks wisdom for financial gain has missed the point. Let us learn from the fate of Simon who desired to buy the gift of God for a price and for financial gain (Acts 8: 18-21)

O Lord, help me to rely on Your wisdom, so that my life will be enriched with honour and righteousness in Jesus’ Name. *Amen.*

God says

_"I bless My righteous ones and shield them with My favor."_ *Psalm 5:12*

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2022 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 12:28am On Aug 31, 2022

Date: 2022-08-31

TOPIC: WISDOM: THE GIVER OF LIFE

✝� TEXT: Proverbs 8:22-36(NKJV)

22. " The LORD possessed me at the beginning of His way, Before His works of old.
23. I have been established from everlasting, From the beginning, before there was ever an earth.
24. When [there were] no depths I was brought forth, When [there were] no fountains abounding with water.
25. Before the mountains were settled, Before the hills, I was brought forth;
26. While as yet He had not made the earth or the fields, Or the primeval dust of the world.
27. When He prepared the heavens, I [was] there, When He drew a circle on the face of the deep,
28. When He established the clouds above, When He strengthened the fountains of the deep,
29. When He assigned to the sea its limit, So that the waters would not transgress His command, When He marked out the foundations of the earth,
30. Then I was beside Him [as] a master craftsman; And I was daily [His] delight, Rejoicing always before Him,
31. Rejoicing in His inhabited world, And my delight [was] with the sons of men.
32. " Now therefore, listen to me, [my] children, For blessed [are those who] keep my ways.
33. Hear instruction and be wise, And do not disdain [it.]
34. Blessed is the man who listens to me, Watching daily at my gates, Waiting at the posts of my doors.
35. For whoever finds me finds life, And obtains favor from the LORD;
36. But he who sins against me wrongs his own soul; All those who hate me love death."

✝� STUDY: Today, the personality of wisdom is changed to a masculine gender unlike the feminine gender in verses 1-21. This passage explains the essence of wisdom in the creation story. God possessed wisdom in the beginning before He created anything. He made use of wisdom to establish and bring forth all that are recorded in creation (vv. 23-25). The personality of wisdom shows the existence of the word of God which is Jesus Christ. Nothing was done before Him and behind Him. In fact, through Him, all things were made. Hence, He becomes the giver of life (vv. 26-31). Knowing that Christ is the wisdom of God and through Him all things came to existence, Christians are admonished therefore to listen to Him so that they may be blessed (v.32).

We are enjoined to daily seek after wisdom who stands at the gates and public places waiting for our acceptance (vv. 1, 34, cf. Rev. 3:20). We should also know that whoever finds Christ finds life and obtains favour from God. He will give us blessings on earth and in the world to come, eternal life. Then, we shall live forever!

✝️�� PRAYER: For in Him we live, and move and have our being.

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2022 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 4:03am On Sep 01, 2022

Date: 2022-09-01

TOPIC: WHOSE SERVANT ARE YOU?

✝ TEXT: Romans 6:15 - 23(NKJV)

15. What then? Shall we sin because we are not under law but under grace? Certainly not!
16. Do you not know that to whom you present yourselves slaves to obey, you are that one's slaves whom you obey, whether of sin [leading] to death, or of obedience [leading] to righteousness?
17. But God be thanked that [though] you were slaves of sin, yet you obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine to which you were delivered.
18. And having been set free from sin, you became slaves of righteousness.
19. I speak in human [terms] because of the weakness of your flesh. For just as you presented your members [as] slaves of uncleanness, and of lawlessness [leading] to [more] lawlessness, so now present your members [as] slaves [of] righteousness for holiness.
20. For when you were slaves of sin, you were free in regard to righteousness.
21. What fruit did you have then in the things of which you are now ashamed? For the end of those things [is] death.
22. But now having been set free from sin, and having become slaves of God, you have your fruit to holiness, and the end, everlasting life.
23. For the wages of sin [is] death, but the gift of God [is] eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

✝STUDY: In a Christian counselling session, I encountered a brother who had been held bound by pornography and lust - he looked helpless. ‘Why do you do these things’, I asked? ‘Daddy, I am always helpless whenever this influence comes upon me’, he said. This is the situation of so many people, and regrettably some of them in their helplessness, hide under ‘grace’ to continue in their evil ways. Grace is a package. Inside it is God’s forgiveness that brings a man to salvation, as well as the ability to live above sin and the world. St. Paul saw this grace as the instrument that brings men to the servitude of Christ who loves them to the point of dying for them on the cross.
The influence of true grace makes a man a servant of Christ, expressed in righteousness. Anything contrary to this, is not the grace of God in Christ and definitely leads to death. What are you a servant to? Is it sin or righteousness? What habits or addictions are you covering up under the guise of living in grace? Remember that children of God who are beneficiaries of the grace in Christ Jesus should have their fruit unto holiness, which ends in everlasting life with Him.

✝️PRAYER: Dear Lord, may I not take your grace for granted, Amen.

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2022 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 11:23pm On Sep 01, 2022

Date: 2022-09-02

TOPIC: THE WEAKNESS OF THE FLESH

✝� TEXT: Romans 7:1-25(NKJV)

1. Or do you not know, brethren (for I speak to those who know the law), that the law has dominion over a man as long as he lives?
2. For the woman who has a husband is bound by the law to [her] husband as long as he lives. But if the husband dies, she is released from the law of [her] husband.
3. So then if, while [her] husband lives, she marries another man, she will be called an adulteress; but if her husband dies, she is free from that law, so that she is no adulteress, though she has married another man.
4. Therefore, my brethren, you also have become dead to the law through the body of Christ, that you may be married to another -- to Him who was raised from the dead, that we should bear fruit to God.
5. For when we were in the flesh, the sinful passions which were aroused by the law were at work in our members to bear fruit to death.
6. But now we have been delivered from the law, having died to what we were held by, so that we should serve in the newness of the Spirit and not [in] the oldness of the letter.
7. What shall we say then? [Is] the law sin? Certainly not! On the contrary, I would not have known sin except through the law. For I would not have known covetousness unless the law had said, "You shall not covet."
8. But sin, taking opportunity by the commandment, produced in me all [manner of evil] desire. For apart from the law sin [was] dead.
9. I was alive once without the law, but when the commandment came, sin revived and I died.
10. And the commandment, which [was] to [bring] life, I found to [bring] death.
11. For sin, taking occasion by the commandment, deceived me, and by it killed [me.]
12. Therefore the law [is] holy, and the commandment holy and just and good.
13. Has then what is good become death to me? Certainly not! But sin, that it might appear sin, was producing death in me through what is good, so that sin through the commandment might become exceedingly sinful.
14. For we know that the law is spiritual, but I am carnal, sold under sin.
15. For what I am doing, I do not understand. For what I will to do, that I do not practice; but what I hate, that I do.
16. If, then, I do what I will not to do, I agree with the law that [it is] good.
17. But now, [it is] no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells in me.
18. For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh) nothing good dwells; for to will is present with me, but [how] to perform what is good I do not find.
19. For the good that I will [to do,] I do not do; but the evil I will not [to do,] that I practice.
20. Now if I do what I will not [to do,] it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells in me.
21. I find then a law, that evil is present with me, the one who wills to do good.
22. For I delight in the law of God according to the inward man.
23. But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.
24. O wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death?
25. I thank God -- through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, with the mind I myself serve the law of God, but with the flesh the law of sin.

✝� STUDY: The law came from God and was meant to teach and keep men in His ways in order for them to partake in His blessings (Deut. 28:1-2). However, from the Garden of Eden till now, it appears as if it’s easier to yield to the desires of the flesh than those of the Spirit. The flesh as it were, has not been successful in meeting the demands of God. Morality and legality have not and will not be able to take any man far in doing God’s will without faltering. This is simply because the arm of flesh will always fail.
This was the confession of St. Paul when he said that “for the good that I would, I do not: But the evil which I would not, that I do.” But by the death and resurrection of Jesus and the release of the Holy Spirit to the saints for empowerment, God has quickened man to be able to say no to “ungodliness and wordly passion”.Therefore,it is expected that any man who will conquer sin must have received the quickening that comes from the holy spirit,which we receive at our spiritual birth.Are u struggling with besetting sin? Give the Spirit of God a chance to help you!!!

✝️� Prayer: Oh lord,I surrender my weakeness today in exchange for your strength

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2022 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 11:16pm On Sep 02, 2022
✝ *DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL*

*Date*: 2022-09-03

*TOPIC*: JUSTIFIED AND SET FREE

✝ *TEXT*: Romans 8:1 - 17(NKJV)
1. [There is] therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit.
2. For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death.
3. For what the law could not do in that it was weak through the flesh, God [did] by sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, on account of sin: He condemned sin in the flesh,
4. that the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.
5. For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those [who live] according to the Spirit, the things of the Spirit.
6. For to be carnally minded [is] death, but to be spiritually minded [is] life and peace.
7. Because the carnal mind [is] enmity against God; for it is not subject to the law of God, nor indeed can be.
8. So then, those who are in the flesh cannot please God.
9. But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. Now if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he is not His.
10. And if Christ [is] in you, the body [is] dead because of sin, but the Spirit [is] life because of righteousness.
11. But if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who dwells in you.
12. Therefore, brethren, we are debtors -- not to the flesh, to live according to the flesh.
13. For if you live according to the flesh you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live.
14. For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God.
15. For you did not receive the spirit of bondage again to fear, but you received the Spirit of adoption by whom we cry out, "Abba, Father."
16. The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God,
17. and if children, then heirs -- heirs of God and joint heirs with Christ, if indeed we suffer with [Him,] that we may also be glorified together.

✝ *STUDY*: I know of a man who was convicted of a criminal offence by a court of competent jurisdiction and consequently sentenced to five years imprisonment. He had barely started serving his sentence when an appropriate authority according to the law, granted him state pardon. By that pardon, he became as clean as he was before the court sentence and was not to be referred to as ex-convict as far as that offence was concerned. The Scripture declares that there is no condemnation for anyone who is in Christ Jesus, no matter the gravity of sin he had committed.
The difference between the state pardon and the one Jesus grants to those who receive Him is that Jesus leaves His Spirit with any person whom He justifies. The Spirit quickens and strengthens the person against the law of sin and death. Have you given your life to Christ genuinely, but from time to time the devil reminds you of who you were? Do not allow self-condemnation to keep you down. You have not only been justified but set free from the power of sin and its consequences.

✝️ *PRAYER*: I am justified in Christ Jesus, and set free from the power of sin.

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2022 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 3:35am On Sep 04, 2022

Date: 2022-09-04

*TOPIC*: THE WISDOM THAT COMES FROM GOD

✝� *TEXT*: Isaiah 50:4 – 9a(NKJV)

4. " The Lord GOD has given Me The tongue of the learned, That I should know how to speak A word in season to [him who is] weary. He awakens Me morning by morning, He awakens My ear To hear as the learned.
5. The Lord GOD has opened My ear; And I was not rebellious, Nor did I turn away.
6. I gave My back to those who struck [Me,] And My cheeks to those who plucked out the beard; I did not hide My face from shame and spitting.
7. " For the Lord GOD will help Me; Therefore I will not be disgraced; Therefore I have set My face like a flint, And I know that I will not be ashamed.
8. [He is] near who justifies Me; Who will contend with Me? Let us stand together. Who [is] My adversary? Let him come near Me.
9. Surely the Lord GOD will help Me; Who [is] he [who] will condemn Me? Indeed they will all grow old like a garment; The moth will eat them up.

✝� *STUDY*: The level and source of wisdom associated with any utterance determines what such utterance can accomplish in the hearers, particularly those that are already fed up with life because of their situations. There is a wisdom that comes from the world. There is also the wisdom that comes from above. The latter is manifested in a man when God has graciously opened the spirit of such a man to hear Him through the inspiration of His word. The beneficiary of this supernatural wisdom is usually not rebellious to the Lord, rather, he lives in godly obedience as he has been justified by the mercies of the Lord and longs for His fellowship morning after morning.
He receives help from the Lord in the days of adversity because he is sustained by the words that fill his spirit man through fellowship with God. Do you feel empty? Do you long for the wisdom that comes from above? The Bible enjoins you to ask God in faith for He graciously gives to those who genuinely ask (James 1:5).

✝️�� *PRAYER*: Lord, fill me with heavenly wisdom that I may be a blessing to those who are weary, in Jesus’ name. Amen.

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2022 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 4:47am On Sep 05, 2022

*DATE:* MONDAY, 5TH SEPTEMBER, 2022 *THEME:* FUNCTIONAL PRAYER

*TEXT:* ROMANS 8: 26-30

*BIBLE READING* (KJV)

26. Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.
27. And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.
28. And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.
29. For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.
30. Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.

Prayer is important in that it affords a Christian the presence of God, and an invitation to God to provide gracious solutions to the problems of men. However, a prayer that is not according to God’s will is likely not to receive a positive answer. Man is limited in his knowledge and hence may not pray aright in the face of overwhelming circumstances. The Holy Spirit is the only person who knows the mind of God at any time, hence an important personality in functional prayer. He intercedes for as many as will let Him. When He is in charge of our prayer life, no situation gets out of hand but rather becomes an avenue for God to manifest His deliverance grace for us.

Those who are not yet filled with the Holy Spirit may not be able to take advantage of this provision. Therefore, “If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?” (Luke 11:13). These are the words of Jesus Christ. Ask the Holy Spirit to endue you today and see your prayer life become an interesting experience.

Fill me with Your Spirit, O Lord, that I may pray according to Your will. *Amen.*

God says

_"I give life and breath to all things."_ *Acts 17: 24-25*

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2022 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 1:14am On Sep 06, 2022

*DATE:* TUESDAY, 6TH SEPTEMBER, 2022 *THEME:* EVER ENDURING LOVE OF CHRIST

*TEXT:* ROMANS 8: 31-39

*BIBLE READING* (KJV)

31. What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?
32. He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?
33. Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.
34. Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.
35. Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or unclothedness, or peril, or sword?
36. As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.
37. Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.
38. For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
39. Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

The Psalmist in utter amazement of God’s love declared, “What is man that you are mindful of him?” (Psalm 8:4). The love of God towards man has been obvious. The gift of His only Son to the world as a ransom for sin stands out. He didn’t stop at that but has promised to give much more. As many as have received this love, He has justified and always intercedes for and also fills them with inner strength to live above the world. Death, troubles, problems or momentary lack cannot remove them from this great shadow of Christ’s love.

If you are a child of God who has genuinely accepted this love of Christ, be aware that no legitimate charge can be laid against you based on your former life. Be assured that in the midst of the troubles of life, your destiny is secured in Him because He has made you more than a conqueror. Rejoice and continue on your pilgrim’s journey with a blessed hope that nothing in this life or in the life to come can remove His love for you.

Bring me to this reality every day that Your love for me endures, O Lord. *Amen.*

God says

_"You can rest in My love, for I have power to save you."_ *Zephaniah 3:17*

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2022 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 12:52am On Sep 07, 2022

Date: 2022-09-07

TOPIC: BURDEN FOR THE LOST

✝� TEXT: Romans 9:1 - 29(NKJV)

1. I tell the truth in Christ, I am not lying, my conscience also bearing me witness in the Holy Spirit,
2. that I have great sorrow and continual grief in my heart.
3. For I could wish that I myself were accursed from Christ for my brethren, my countrymen according to the flesh,
4. who are Israelites, to whom [pertain] the adoption, the glory, the covenants, the giving of the law, the service [of God,] and the promises;
5. of whom [are] the fathers and from whom, according to the flesh, Christ [came,] who is over all, [the] eternally blessed God. Amen.
6. But it is not that the word of God has taken no effect. For they [are] not all Israel who [are] of Israel,
7. nor [are they] all children because they are the seed of Abraham; but, "In Isaac your seed shall be called."
8. That is, those who [are] the children of the flesh, these [are] not the children of God; but the children of the promise are counted as the seed.
9. For this [is] the word of promise: "At this time I will come and Sarah shall have a son."
10. And not only [this,] but when Rebecca also had conceived by one man, [even] by our father Isaac
11. (for [the children] not yet being born, nor having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works but of Him who calls),
12. it was said to her, "The older shall serve the younger."
13. As it is written, "Jacob I have loved, but Esau I have hated."
14. What shall we say then? [Is there] unrighteousness with God? Certainly not!
15. For He says to Moses, "I will have mercy on whomever I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whomever I will have compassion."
16. So then [it is] not of him who wills, nor of him who runs, but of God who shows mercy.
17. For the Scripture says to Pharaoh, "For this very purpose I have raised you up, that I may show My power in you, and that My name may be declared in all the earth."
18. Therefore He has mercy on whom He wills, and whom He wills He hardens.
19. You will say to me then, "Why does He still find fault? For who has resisted His will?"
20. But indeed, O man, who are you to reply against God? Will the thing formed say to him who formed [it,] "Why have you made me like this?"
21. Does not the potter have power over the clay, from the same lump to make one vessel for honor and another for dishonor?
22. [What] if God, wanting to show [His] wrath and to make His power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath prepared for destruction,
23. and that He might make known the riches of His glory on the vessels of mercy, which He had prepared beforehand for glory,
24. [even] us whom He called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles?
25. As He says also in Hosea: "I will call them My people, who were not My people, And her beloved, who was not beloved."
26. "And it shall come to pass in the place where it was said to them, ['You are] not My people,' There they shall be called sons of the living God."
27. Isaiah also cries out concerning Israel: "Though the number of the children of Israel be as the sand of the sea, The remnant will be saved.
28. For He will finish the work and cut [it] short in righteousness, Because the LORD will make a short work upon the earth."
29. And as Isaiah said before: "Unless the LORD of Sabaoth had left us a seed, We would have become like Sodom, And we would have been made like Gomorrah."

✝� STUDY: In our text today, St. Paul expressed so much pain for the sake of his brethren - the Jews - who found it difficult to embrace the salvation in Christ as a result of their claim to be the seed of Abraham. Having been sent by the Lord as an Apostle to the Gentiles (the engrafted branch), he experienced their turning to the Lord by faith and received the grace of salvation therein, while the children of Abraham upon whom the promise was given, remained outside the faith. He therefore reiterated that God shows mercy to whoever He wills without allowing scrutiny by mortal men.This mercy does not necessarily come by works ,but as it pleases God.
St.Paul’s burden to see his burden being carved back into God’s fold as it were, is a great lesson to every Christian. He wished he could be “accursed from Christ” if that is the only condition that could help his brethren.As a Christian , what feelings do you have for your brethren and kinsmen who are yet to embrace Christ as their lord and personal saviour ? Is there anything you can do to help them see the light in Christ?Now is the time.

✝️�� PRAYER: Father,create in me the burden to bring my kinsmen knowledge of Christ.

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2022 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 1:52am On Sep 08, 2022

*DATE:* THURSDAY, 8TH SEPTEMBER, 2022 _*{Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary}*_ *THEME:* FULLNESS OF TIME

*TEXT:* GALATIANS 4: 4-7

*BIBLE READING* (KJV)

4. But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law,
5. To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons.
6. And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.
7. Wherefore thou art no more a servant, but a son; and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ.

The fall of man in the Garden of Eden was to be his end and that of his destiny in God. According to the word of God, “……for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die” (Gen. 2:17). As a result of the fall, Man inherited the nature of Satan, and the imaginations of his heart became evil. God in declaring judgment on the serpent, manifested His kindness and love towards man by this utterance, “And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel” (Gen. 3:15).

At the fullness of time, Mary found grace in God’s sight as that instrument through which God became man, in order to deliver man from the bondage of sin and law. The seed of the woman who is Christ crushed the devil for our deliverance. This act of God in Christ changed the narrative and returned us to the position of sons. We have boldness to call God our father if we have come into this salvation. If not, we remain slaves to sin and the flesh, and have no hope of eternity with him.

Grant me the grace to accept and remain in my salvation walk with You, Abba Father. *Amen.*

God says

_"All the days of your life are written in My special book."_ *Psalm 139:16*

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2022 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 2:24pm On Sep 13, 2022
My apologies to everyone who has been following this thread on our daily devotional..

My Android has been bad all this while. Though trying to get another one.

It's not been easy.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2022 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 5:56am On Oct 13, 2022
So SO SORRY FOR THE ABSENCE..

I JUST FIXED MY BAD PHONE.

AM BACK TO SERVE YOU.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2022 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 5:57am On Oct 13, 2022

Date: 2022-10-13

TOPIC: APPRECIATE YOUR CO-WORKERS

✝�TEXT: Romans 16:1-16(NKJV)

1. I commend to you Phoebe our sister, who is a servant of the church in Cenchrea,
2. that you may receive her in the Lord in a manner worthy of the saints, and assist her in whatever business she has need of you; for indeed she has been a helper of many and of myself also.
3. Greet Priscilla and Aquila, my fellow workers in Christ Jesus,
4. who risked their own necks for my life, to whom not only I give thanks, but also all the churches of the Gentiles.
5. Likewise [greet] the church that is in their house. Greet my beloved Epaenetus, who is the firstfruits of Achaia to Christ.
6. Greet Mary, who labored much for us.
7. Greet Andronicus and Junia, my countrymen and my fellow prisoners, who are of note among the apostles, who also were in Christ before me.
8. Greet Amplias, my beloved in the Lord.
9. Greet Urbanus, our fellow worker in Christ, and Stachys, my beloved.
10. Greet Apelles, approved in Christ. Greet those who are of the [household] of Aristobulus.
11. Greet Herodion, my countryman. Greet those who are of the [household] of Narcissus who are in the Lord.
12. Greet Tryphena and Tryphosa, who have labored in the Lord. Greet the beloved Persis, who labored much in the Lord.
13. Greet Rufus, chosen in the Lord, and his mother and mine.
14. Greet Asyncritus, Phlegon, Hermas, Patrobas, Hermes, and the brethren who are with them.
15. Greet Philologus and Julia, Nereus and his sister, and Olympas, and all the saints who are with them.
16. Greet one another with a holy kiss. The churches of Christ greet you.

✝� STUDY: From our passage today, we see Apostle Paul's love and affection for other believers and co-workers. The passage also explains the lives of the first-century Christians as well as builds an understanding of the nature and character of the early Church. Paul considers Phoebe as a member of God's family and as a servant of the church who would minister to the Church at Rome as she did for others. He also sent special greetings and appreciation to many believers in the Church at Rome for the grace of God extended to him, and the support for the success of his ministry.
It is therefore important to know that God has called you as a believer to be useful in the spread of the good news to the world. We are to come together to serve, assist, accommodate others and be available for God in the works of ministry. The early Church was known for their dedication and sincerity to service, so, we as the Church of today must also do more than they did, for a day is coming when Heaven will appreciate our ministerial sacrifices, if we do not weary.

✝️�� PRAYER: Father make me a vessel of the good news in this generation through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2022 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 7:09am On Oct 14, 2022
✝�*DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL*

*Date*: 2022-10-14

*TOPIC*: BEWARE OF DECEPTION

✝�*TEXT*: Romans 16:17-27(NKJV)

17. Now I urge you, brethren, note those who cause divisions and offenses, contrary to the doctrine which you learned, and avoid them.
18. For those who are such do not serve our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly, and by smooth words and flattering speech deceive the hearts of the simple.
19. For your obedience has become known to all. Therefore I am glad on your behalf; but I want you to be wise in what is good, and simple concerning evil.
20. And the God of peace will crush Satan under your feet shortly. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ [be] with you. Amen.
21. Timothy, my fellow worker, and Lucius, Jason, and Sosipater, my countrymen, greet you.
22. I, Tertius, who wrote [this] epistle, greet you in the Lord.
23. Gaius, my host and [the host] of the whole church, greets you. Erastus, the treasurer of the city, greets you, and Quartus, a brother.
24. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ [be] with you all. Amen.
25. Now to Him who is able to establish you according to my gospel and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery kept secret since the world began
26. but now has been made manifest, and by the prophetic Scriptures has been made known to all nations, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, for obedience to the faith --
27. to God, alone wise, [be] glory through Jesus Christ forever. Amen.

✝�*STUDY*: From today's passage, it is clear that Paul had laboured seriously sharing the gospel of truth with Christians at Rome. Subsequently, he warned them particularly to hold fast to the truth and protect it at all costs. He knew that some would come after to cause confusion and division in the church. His warning was that they should not accept any doctrine contrary to the teachings they had received from him. Paul also encouraged them to avoid any form of argument that could take away truth from the Church.
Today, the world is full of so many ungodly teachings; preachers who sugar-coat the truth of the gospel are much around us. Presently, the church is dwelling among those who can easily cause confusion and division among the brethren. It is our responsibility to watch out and be alert to all happenings around us and as a Church. Let us hold on to nothing but the truth about the gospel of Jesus Christ our Saviour.

✝️��*PRAYER*: Heavenly Father, guide and protect your Church from all forms of deception, through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2022 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 8:22am On Oct 17, 2022

*Date*: 2022-10-17

*TOPIC*: THE RICH AND THE POOR

✝� *TEXT*: Proverbs 14:31- 15:17(NKJV)

31. He who oppresses the poor reproaches his Maker, But he who honors Him has mercy on the needy.
32. The wicked is banished in his wickedness, But the righteous has a refuge in his death.
33. Wisdom rests in the heart of him who has understanding, But [what is] in the heart of fools is made known.
34. Righteousness exalts a nation, But sin [is] a reproach to [any] people.
35. The king's favor [is] toward a wise servant, But his wrath [is against] him who causes shame.
36. A soft answer turns away wrath, But a harsh word stirs up anger.
37. The tongue of the wise uses knowledge rightly, But the mouth of fools pours forth foolishness.
38. The eyes of the LORD [are] in every place, Keeping watch on the evil and the good.
39. A wholesome tongue [is] a tree of life, But perverseness in it breaks the spirit.
40. A fool despises his father's instruction, But he who receives correction is prudent.
41. [In] the house of the righteous [there is] much treasure, But in the revenue of the wicked is trouble.
42. The lips of the wise disperse knowledge, But the heart of the fool [does] not [do] so.
43. The sacrifice of the wicked [is] an abomination to the LORD, But the prayer of the upright [is] His delight.
44. The way of the wicked [is] an abomination to the LORD, But He loves him who follows righteousness.
45. Harsh discipline [is] for him who forsakes the way, [And] he who hates correction will die.
46. Hell and Destruction [are] before the LORD; So how much more the hearts of the sons of men.
47. A scoffer does not love one who corrects him, Nor will he go to the wise.
48. A merry heart makes a cheerful countenance, But by sorrow of the heart the spirit is broken.
49. The heart of him who has understanding seeks knowledge, But the mouth of fools feeds on foolishness.
50. All the days of the afflicted [are] evil, But he who is of a merry heart [has] a continual feast.
51. Better [is] a little with the fear of the LORD, Than great treasure with trouble.
52. Better [is] a dinner of herbs where love is, Than a fatted calf with hatred.

✝� *STUDY*: Solomon in today's passage, talks about the relationship expected between the rich and the poor and the end result. The rich who tolerates the poor is considered righteous while the one who oppresses the poor is classified wicked. It is important to understand from the scripture that God created both the rich and the poor. So the poor deserve equal treatment as the rich. Therefore, the poor should not be oppressed.
Anyone who oppresses the poor reproaches God (v.31). And anyone who reproaches God is considered the wicked who live without hope after death. It is the righteous that have hope of resurrection when they die. It is proper we know that human status in life is determined by God. The poor is neither inferior to the rich, nor the rich superior to the poor. They are both God’s handiwork so we should not allow sentiments to rule over our minds while treating issues relating to both. The rich deserve a fair hearing, so do the poor. Therefore, they should be treated equally so that God will not be reproached.

✝️�� *PRAYER*: Are you ready to speak for the poor, even in the face of fat brown envelope?

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2022 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 5:54am On Oct 18, 2022

Date: 2022-10-18

TOPIC: DO THE WORK OF EVANGELIST!

✝� TEXT: 2 Timothy 4:5-13(NKJV)

5. But you be watchful in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, fulfill your ministry.
6. For I am already being poured out as a drink offering, and the time of my departure is at hand.
7. I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.
8. Finally, there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will give to me on that Day, and not to me only but also to all who have loved His appearing.
9. Be diligent to come to me quickly;
10. for Demas has forsaken me, having loved this present world, and has departed for Thessalonica -- Crescens for Galatia, Titus for Dalmatia.
11. Only Luke is with me. Get Mark and bring him with you, for he is useful to me for ministry.
12. And Tychicus I have sent to Ephesus.
13. Bring the cloak that I left with Carpus at Troas when you come -- and the books, especially the parchments.

✝� STUDY: Today’s passage was written at the latter part of Paul’s life. Paul, Timothy's father in the faith, charged his son not to be weary in discharging his duty as an evangelist. He charged him to endure afflictions (v.5), because sometimes, preaching the gospel comes with persecution which requires perseverance. Timothy’s attention was drawn to the assignment given to him which was absolute proclamation of the gospel. Paul mentioned that, “he had fought a good fight... finally, there was laid up for him a crown of righteousness...” (vv.7&cool. As part of this admonition, he told Timothy that he would like to see him as quickly as possible. Probably, he wanted to discuss some other things with him which he could not write in his letter.
In this same letter, Paul also mentioned some people who had played important roles in his preaching ministry such as Demas, Crescens, Titus, and even St. Luke the Evangelist whose Day we commemorate today. Luke the Evangelist was one of those who had a positive impact on Paul’s ministry. Paul, testified that he was the only one with him as at the time he was writing this letter. Brethren, the proclamation of the gospel is not an option for a Christian. You must endeavour to do the work of an evangelist in season and out of season. You should not allow the temporary enjoyment of this world to take away the work of evangelism from you. As we commemorate St. Luke’s Day today, dare to be like him who stood by Paul in the face of trials and tribulations for the gospel to be propagated.

✝️��PRAYER: Empower me O Lord, to do the work of Evangelist!

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2022 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 8:16am On Oct 19, 2022
✝ DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL

Date: 2022-10-19

TOPIC: RESTORATION

✝ TEXT: Isaiah 60:13-20(NKJV)

13. "The glory of Lebanon shall come to you, The cypress, the pine, and the box tree together, To beautify the place of My sanctuary; And I will make the place of My feet glorious.
14. Also the sons of those who afflicted you Shall come bowing to you, And all those who despised you shall fall prostrate at the soles of your feet; And they shall call you The City of the LORD, Zion of the Holy One of Israel.
15. " Whereas you have been forsaken and hated, So that no one went through [you,] I will make you an eternal excellence, A joy of many generations.
16. You shall drink the milk of the Gentiles, And milk the breast of kings; You shall know that I, the LORD, [am] your Savior And your Redeemer, the Mighty One of Jacob.
17. " Instead of bronze I will bring gold, Instead of iron I will bring silver, Instead of wood, bronze, And instead of stones, iron. I will also make your officers peace, And your magistrates righteousness.
18. Violence shall no longer be heard in your land, Neither wasting nor destruction within your borders; But you shall call your walls Salvation, And your gates Praise.
19. " The sun shall no longer be your light by day, Nor for brightness shall the moon give light to you; But the LORD will be to you an everlasting light, And your God your glory.
20. Your sun shall no longer go down, Nor shall your moon withdraw itself; For the LORD will be your everlasting light, And the days of your mourning shall be ended.

✝ STUDY: Today’s passage discusses the restoration of Jerusalem which was struck in God's anger. However, God promised to favour and have mercy on her (v.10). God was saying that those who destroyed Jerusalem would come to her aid in reconstruction. In other words, mercy would replace wrath; her economy would be restored after which the city would be opened to receive others who would come to do business in it. By implication, the city that was once rejected, would become the focal point of interest. All these would happen because of the presence and work of the Redeemer. As they felt the presence of the Redeemer in in the city, wealth would replace poverty, justice would be restored, peace would reign among the citizens, righteousness would oversee all relationships and injustice would cease.
It is important we note that all the promises here go beyond the literal city of Jerusalem to the contemporary church. The presence of God in all situation brings restoration. Where the presence of God is not honoured, there is bound to be injustice, homosexuality, transgender marriages, bestiality, kidnapping, banditry, electoral violence, human sacrifice and unrighteousness. There is need for us as a Church and Nation to seek the face of God for total restoration.

✝️��PRAYER: O Lord our Restorer, let there be restoration in our land in Jesus name. Amen.

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2022 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 8:29am On Oct 20, 2022
✝�*DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL*

*Date*: 2022-10-20

*TOPIC*: GOD’S JUDGMENT ON DISAPPOINTMENT

� WATCH THE DEVOTION VIA THE LINK BELOW �

✝�*TEXT*: Isaiah 5:1-7(NKJV)

1. Now let me sing to my Well-beloved A song of my Beloved regarding His vineyard: My Well-beloved has a vineyard On a very fruitful hill.
2. He dug it up and cleared out its stones, And planted it with the choicest vine. He built a tower in its midst, And also made a winepress in it; So He expected [it] to bring forth [good] grapes, But it brought forth wild grapes.
3. " And now, O inhabitants of Jerusalem and men of Judah, Judge, please, between Me and My vineyard.
4. What more could have been done to My vineyard That I have not done in it? Why then, when I expected [it] to bring forth [good] grapes, Did it bring forth wild grapes?
5. And now, please let Me tell you what I will do to My vineyard: I will take away its hedge, and it shall be burned; [And] break down its wall, and it shall be trampled down.
6. I will lay it waste; It shall not be pruned or dug, But there shall come up briers and thorns. I will also command the clouds That they rain no rain on it."
7. For the vineyard of the LORD of hosts [is] the house of Israel, And the men of Judah are His pleasant plant. He looked for justice, but behold, oppression; For righteousness, but behold, a cry [for help.]

✝�*STUDY*: In today’s passage, Prophet Isaiah uses poetry to convey God’s message to Israel. In his song, he likened God to the ‘Well Beloved’ who planted Israel as His vineyard in the Promised Land. God protected His people, gave them the land of Canaan, and blessed them (v.2a). Despite this benevolence, God’s expectation of His people was not met. He expected justice and righteousness but they kept oppressing one another.
What a disappointment! God pronounced judgment on the nation of Israel by taking away His blessings and allowing foreign nations to capture and take them into captivity (vv. 5-6). God’s blessings to us are ever sure so far we remain connected to Him and yield to His Divine counsel. God is expecting nations to bring forth justice and righteousness. “Righteousness exalts a nation, but sin is a reproach to any people” (Prov. 14:34). We should learn from Israel’s apostasy and the consequences that followed. God is not a respecter of men, therefore, we should not fail His expectations of us.
✝️�� *PRAYER*: Help me O Lord, not to become a disappointment to your Kingdom in Jesus name. Amen

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2022 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 9:53am On Oct 21, 2022

Date: 2022-10-21

TOPIC: HOPE FOR THE FAITHFUL

✝� TEXT: Ezekiel 11:14-25(NKJV)

14. Again the word of the LORD came to me, saying,
15. "Son of man, your brethren, your relatives, your countrymen, and all the house of Israel in its entirety, [are] those about whom the inhabitants of Jerusalem have said, 'Get far away from the LORD; this land has been given to us as a possession.'
16. "Therefore say, 'Thus says the Lord GOD: "Although I have cast them far off among the Gentiles, and although I have scattered them among the countries, yet I shall be a little sanctuary for them in the countries where they have gone." '
17. "Therefore say, 'Thus says the Lord GOD: "I will gather you from the peoples, assemble you from the countries where you have been scattered, and I will give you the land of Israel." '
18. "And they will go there, and they will take away all its detestable things and all its abominations from there.
19. "Then I will give them one heart, and I will put a new spirit within them, and take the stony heart out of their flesh, and give them a heart of flesh,
20. "that they may walk in My statutes and keep My judgments and do them; and they shall be My people, and I will be their God.
21. "But [as for those] whose hearts follow the desire for their detestable things and their abominations, I will recompense their deeds on their own heads," says the Lord GOD.
22. So the cherubim lifted up their wings, with the wheels beside them, and the glory of the God of Israel [was] high above them.
23. And the glory of the LORD went up from the midst of the city and stood on the mountain, which [is] on the east side of the city.
24. Then the Spirit took me up and brought me in a vision by the Spirit of God into Chaldea, to those in captivity. And the vision that I had seen went up from me.
25. So I spoke to those in captivity of all the things the LORD had shown me.

✝� STUDY: Today’s Bible passage is the answer to Ezekiel’s question concerning the fate of the remnants of Israel (v. 13b). The majority of the people had moved far away for the Lord. However, there was a remnant of faithful among the people. For their sake, God would not destroy them. At that time, many of the faithful remnants were already in captivity. However, God put them in the protection of their captors, and they would survive as God promised (v.16). Apart from God’s protection and making sure they survived, He also promised Divine restoration back to their land. Not only would He restore them, but He would also give them one heart and a new Spirit to worship Yahweh (vv. 17-20). To the unfaithful, only destruction awaited them (v.21). Though the world is facing diverse challenges and tribulations, “The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases” (Lam. 3:22).
Our nation is no longer secure; there are killings everywhere. Frustration, insurgency, sickness, disease, economic meltdown and corruption have become the order of the day. In the midst of these, God is ever ready to restore us to our original state, if only the faithful would turn their hearts to Him and call upon the name of the Lord for Divine intervention over our situation in the country and the world at large. There is still hope in God for the faithful.

✝️�� PRAYER: O Lord, have mercy upon our land; and for the sake of the faithful, restore us to fullness in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2022 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 9:59am On Oct 22, 2022

Date: 2022-10-22

TOPIC: LIFE WITHOUT GOD IS VANITY

✝�TEXT: Ecclesiastes 1(NKJV)

1. The words of the Preacher, the son of David, king in Jerusalem.
2. "Vanity of vanities," says the Preacher; "Vanity of vanities, all [is] vanity."
3. What profit has a man from all his labor In which he toils under the sun?
4. [One] generation passes away, and [another] generation comes; But the earth abides forever.
5. The sun also rises, and the sun goes down, And hastens to the place where it arose.
6. The wind goes toward the south, And turns around to the north; The wind whirls about continually, And comes again on its circuit.
7. All the rivers run into the sea, Yet the sea [is] not full; To the place from which the rivers come, There they return again.
8. All things [are] full of labor; Man cannot express [it.] The eye is not satisfied with seeing, Nor the ear filled with hearing.
9. That which has been [is] what will be, That which [is] done is what will be done, And [there is] nothing new under the sun.
10. Is there anything of which it may be said, "See, this [is] new"? It has already been in ancient times before us.
11. [There is] no remembrance of former [things,] Nor will there be any remembrance of [things] that are to come By [those] who will come after.
12. I, the Preacher, was king over Israel in Jerusalem.
13. And I set my heart to seek and search out by wisdom concerning all that is done under heaven; this burdensome task God has given to the sons of man, by which they may be exercised.
14. I have seen all the works that are done under the sun; and indeed, all [is] vanity and grasping for the wind.
15. [What is] crooked cannot be made straight, And what is lacking cannot be numbered.
16. I communed with my heart, saying, "Look, I have attained greatness, and have gained more wisdom than all who were before me in Jerusalem. My heart has understood great wisdom and knowledge."
17. And I set my heart to know wisdom and to know madness and folly. I perceived that this also is grasping for the wind.
18. For in much wisdom [is] much grief, And he who increases knowledge increases sorrow.

✝�STUDY: The book of Ecclesiastes is one of the books of wisdom written by King Solomon. In the passage today, Solomon introduces himself as a teacher who uses his experiences as a wealthy and wise king to teach his readers the purpose of life. Solomon likened life to a vapour that vanishes in a twinkle of an eye. Using nature and some creatures of God, he also explains the vanity of this world thus: (1) From existence of the earth, several generations have come and gone, yet the earth remains. (2) On a daily basis, the sun rises and sets (3) The winds also blow and go back to their circuit. (4) The sea is not full with the rivers, yet the water goes back to the rivers. (5) Human desires are insatiable. (6) There is no new thing on earth. (7) Too much of wisdom would lead to sorrow (vv. 4-18).
With these in mind, one is forced to ask: What exactly is the essence of life? Everything man desires (be it pleasures or comfort) does not last. Then, if one would live a meaningful life here on earth, one must live a life with eternity in view. We must live our lives to please God, for in Him we live, move and have our being (Acts 17:28a). Therefore, life without God is vanity.

✝️�� PRAYER: Life without God is complete emptiness.

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2022 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 4:14am On Oct 25, 2022

*DATE:* TUESDAY, 25TH OCTOBER, 2022 *THEME:* BEWARE OF UNGUARDED WORLDLY CRAVINGS

*TEXT:* ECCLESIASTES 2:1-23

*BIBLE READING* (KJV)

1. I said in mine heart, Go to now, I will prove thee with mirth, therefore enjoy pleasure: and, behold, this also is vanity.
2. I said of laughter, It is mad: and of mirth, What doeth it?
3. I sought in mine heart to give myself unto wine, yet acquainting mine heart with wisdom; and to lay hold on folly, till I might see what was that good for the sons of men, which they should do under the heaven all the days of their life.
4. I made me great works; I builded me houses; I planted me vineyards:
5. I made me gardens and orchards, and I planted trees in them of all kind of fruits:
6. I made me pools of water, to water therewith the wood that bringeth forth trees:
7. I got me servants and maidens, and had servants born in my house; also I had great possessions of great and small cattle above all that were in Jerusalem before me:
8. I gathered me also silver and gold, and the peculiar treasure of kings and of the provinces: I gat me men singers and women singers, and the delights of the sons of men, as musical instruments, and that of all sorts.
9. So I was great, and increased more than all that were before me in Jerusalem: also my wisdom remained with me.
10. And whatsoever mine eyes desired I kept not from them, I withheld not my heart from any joy; for my heart rejoiced in all my labour: and this was my portion of all my labour.
11. Then I looked on all the works that my hands had wrought, and on the labour that I had laboured to do: and, behold, all was vanity and vexation of spirit, and there was no profit under the sun.
12. And I turned myself to behold wisdom, and madness, and folly: for what can the man do that cometh after the king? even that which hath been already done.
13. Then I saw that wisdom excelleth folly, as far as light excelleth darkness.
14. The wise man's eyes are in his head; but the fool walketh in darkness: and I myself perceived also that one event happeneth to them all.
15. Then said I in my heart, As it happeneth to the fool, so it happeneth even to me; and why was I then more wise? Then I said in my heart, that this also is vanity.
16. For there is no remembrance of the wise more than of the fool for ever; seeing that which now is in the days to come shall all be forgotten. And how dieth the wise man? as the fool.
17. Therefore I hated life; because the work that is wrought under the sun is grievous unto me: for all is vanity and vexation of spirit.
18. Yea, I hated all my labour which I had taken under the sun: because I should leave it unto the man that shall be after me.
19. And who knoweth whether he shall be a wise man or a fool? yet shall he have rule over all my labour wherein I have laboured, and wherein I have shewed myself wise under the sun. This is also vanity.
20. Therefore I went about to cause my heart to despair of all the labour which I took under the sun.
21. For there is a man whose labour is in wisdom, and in knowledge, and in equity; yet to a man that hath not laboured therein shall he leave it for his portion. This also is vanity and a great evil.
22. For what hath man of all his labour, and of the vexation of his heart, wherein he hath laboured under the sun?
23. For all his days are sorrows, and his travail grief; yea, his heart taketh not rest in the night. This is also vanity.

We may suppose that King Solomon wrote this book, Ecclesiastes, when he had grown old, going by the deep insight it affords. He narrated how he had explored life, seeking the best way(s) to define earthly existence. He built great edifices, planted gardens and had great possessions of herds and treasures all for himself. He deprived his eyes nothing whatever they desired. He tasted all the best things life could offer (vv. 4-10). But in verse 11, he sadly testified to the worthlessness of worldly pleasures. In verses 12-23, he soberly observed the fate of all mankind (see Isaiah 40:6-cool.

The lesson here is that nothing on earth endures forever. We have not seen anything in this world that can truly bring lasting happiness. Many people do all sorts of shady deals in order to gratify their unguarded cravings. Many Christians at various levels lose focus of heaven and get engrossed in amassing wealth and stacking them away all for themselves as if they have forever on earth. It is only in Christ that our hope of glory truly lies (Col. 1:17). Nothing in this life is really worth missing that glory. Child of God, don’t be trapped in the web of unguarded worldly acquisitions; they are altogether vanity.

We brought NOTHING into this world, and we shall CERTAINLY take NOTHING out of it!

God says

_"I will meet all your needs so you can overflow with good works."_ *2 Corinthians 9:8*

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2022 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 8:32am On Oct 26, 2022

Date: 2022-10-26

TOPIC: GOD CONTROLS TIMES AND SEASONS

✝� TEXT: Ecclesiastes 3:1-23(NKJV)

1. To everything [there is] a season, A time for every purpose under heaven:
2. A time to be born, And a time to die; A time to plant, And a time to pluck [what is] planted;
3. A time to kill, And a time to heal; A time to break down, And a time to build up;
4. A time to weep, And a time to laugh; A time to mourn, And a time to dance;
5. A time to cast away stones, And a time to gather stones; A time to embrace, And a time to refrain from embracing;
6. A time to gain, And a time to lose; A time to keep, And a time to throw away;
7. A time to tear, And a time to sew; A time to keep silence, And a time to speak;
8. A time to love, And a time to hate; A time of war, And a time of peace.
9. What profit has the worker from that in which he labors?
10. I have seen the God-given task with which the sons of men are to be occupied.
11. He has made everything beautiful in its time. Also He has put eternity in their hearts, except that no one can find out the work that God does from beginning to end.
12. I know that nothing [is] better for them than to rejoice, and to do good in their lives,
13. and also that every man should eat and drink and enjoy the good of all his labor -- it [is] the gift of God.
14. I know that whatever God does, It shall be forever. Nothing can be added to it, And nothing taken from it. God does [it,] that men should fear before Him.
15. That which is has already been, And what is to be has already been; And God requires an account of what is past.
16. Moreover I saw under the sun: [In] the place of judgment, Wickedness [was] there; And [in] the place of righteousness, Iniquity [was] there.
17. I said in my heart, "God shall judge the righteous and the wicked, For [there is] a time there for every purpose and for every work."
18. I said in my heart, "Concerning the condition of the sons of men, God tests them, that they may see that they themselves are [like] animals."
19. For what happens to the sons of men also happens to animals; one thing befalls them: as one dies, so dies the other. Surely, they all have one breath; man has no advantage over animals, for all [is] vanity.
20. All go to one place: all are from the dust, and all return to dust.
21. Who knows the spirit of the sons of men, which goes upward, and the spirit of the animal, which goes down to the earth?
22. So I perceived that nothing [is] better than that a man should rejoice in his own works, for that [is] his heritage. For who can bring him to see what will happen after him?

✝� STUDY: “To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven” opens this passage. Time, here connotes seasons, dispensations, regimes or tenures. King Solomon opines that we live in a world of changes, attended by several events vastly different from one another with man continually passing between them on a daily basis (vv. 2-9). It also holds that every change concerning us, with the time and season of it, is unalterably fixed and determined by the Controller (God), and we must take things as they come, for it is not in our power to change what is appointed for us (v.11). No human has the ability to stop or elongate time or even determine seasons, except God Almighty. The living only puts up a schedule, taps into the season's window and is at the mercies of the Time-Controller on a daily basis (James 4:13-15).
The passage also holds that the two mutually contrary events of life are in revolution and are inevitable (birth time and death time; weeping time and joyous time, etc.); each takes their turn to come into play. Thus, no situation or condition lasts forever. Therefore, as we cross through various seasons of pleasures and pains, both as individuals and families, let us anchor our faith on God, who makes all things beautiful in its time. The seasons of distress shall surely come and pass; joy comes in the morning (Psalm 30:5). On the other hand, we must understand that our time is ticking, thus, we should not be opportunity wasters. Rather than using to create troubles, let us seek God instead, make peace with our neighbours and prepare our earthly exit, for we do not know when our time will be up!

✝️�� PRAYER: This short lifetime set by the controller, is the only time to prepare for eternal life hereafter.

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2022 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 7:03am On Oct 28, 2022

Date: 2022-10-28

TOPIC: CHRIST: THE SOURCE OF PEACE AND UNITY

✝�TEXT: Ephesians 2:13-22(NKJV)

13. But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far off have been brought near by the blood of Christ.
14. For He Himself is our peace, who has made both one, and has broken down the middle wall of separation,
15. having abolished in His flesh the enmity, [that is,] the law of commandments [contained] in ordinances, so as to create in Himself one new man [from] the two, [thus] making peace,
16. and that He might reconcile them both to God in one body through the cross, thereby putting to death the enmity.
17. And He came and preached peace to you who were afar off and to those who were near.
18. For through Him we both have access by one Spirit to the Father.
19. Now, therefore, you are no longer strangers and foreigners, but fellow citizens with the saints and members of the household of God,
20. having been built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ Himself being the chief corner[stone,]
21. in whom the whole building, being joined together, grows into a holy temple in the Lord,
22. in whom you also are being built together for a dwelling place of God in the Spirit.

✝�STUDY: In today’s passage, Paul focused his message on Christ as the peace and cornerstone of the Christian faith (vv. 14&20). He metaphorically used the wall of partition purposely built in the ancient Jewish temple to limit the act of worship of the Gentiles among them to explain the limitation on the movement of the Gentiles in Jewish temples because of cultural issues. The message of ‘death and resurrection of Christ’ that was preached to both the Jews and Gentiles brought cultural peace and unity between them. Hence, Paul noted, “For He Himself is our peace, who has made both one, and has broken down the middle wall of separation… For through Him we both have access by one Spirit to the Father” (vv.14-18).
This same spirit of peace and unity helped the apostles of old in their ministerial assignments, like St. Simon and St. Jude the Apostles whose Days are commemorated today. Christians are expected to seek peace and unity with one another, not minding tribes and cultures. Christ is the cornerstone that brings us together as members of one family. If Christ is seen in us, and we exhibit peace and unity among ourselves, this is enough to convince several unbelievers and get them converted to Christ. By so doing, they would come to Christ’s fold and enjoy the peace of mind and unity of brethren which only Christ can give.

✝️�� PRAYER: O Lord, join all Christians together in peace and unity, so that our lives will attract more souls to Your Kingdom in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2022 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 5:53am On Oct 29, 2022

*DATE:* SATURDAY, 29TH OCTOBER, 2022 *THEME:* MODERATION: A KEY TO GOOD LIVING

*TEXT:* ECCLESIASTES 5

*BIBLE READING* (KJV)

1. Keep thy foot when thou goest to the house of God, and be more ready to hear, than to give the sacrifice of fools: for they consider not that they do evil.
2. Be not rash with thy mouth, and let not thine heart be hasty to utter any thing before God: for God is in heaven, and thou upon earth: therefore let thy words be few.
3. For a dream cometh through the multitude of business; and a fool's voice is known by multitude of words.
4. When thou vowest a vow unto God, defer not to pay it; for he hath no pleasure in fools: pay that which thou hast vowed.
5. Better is it that thou shouldest not vow, than that thou shouldest vow and not pay.
6. Suffer not thy mouth to cause thy flesh to sin; neither say thou before the angel, that it was an error: wherefore should God be angry at thy voice, and destroy the work of thine hands?
7. For in the multitude of dreams and many words there are also divers vanities: but fear thou God.
8. If thou seest the oppression of the poor, and violent perverting of judgment and justice in a province, marvel not at the matter: for he that is higher than the highest regardeth; and there be higher than they.
9. Moreover the profit of the earth is for all: the king himself is served by the field.
10. He that loveth silver shall not be satisfied with silver; nor he that loveth abundance with increase: this is also vanity.
11. When goods increase, they are increased that eat them: and what good is there to the owners thereof, saving the beholding of them with their eyes?
12. The sleep of a labouring man is sweet, whether he eat little or much: but the abundance of the rich will not suffer him to sleep.
13. There is a sore evil which I have seen under the sun, namely, riches kept for the owners thereof to their hurt.
14. But those riches perish by evil travail: and he begetteth a son, and there is nothing in his hand.
15. As he came forth of his mother's womb, naked shall he return to go as he came, and shall take nothing of his labour, which he may carry away in his hand.
16. And this also is a sore evil, that in all points as he came, so shall he go: and what profit hath he that hath laboured for the wind?
17. All his days also he eateth in darkness, and he hath much sorrow and wrath with his sickness.
18. Behold that which I have seen: it is good and comely for one to eat and to drink, and to enjoy the good of all his labour that he taketh under the sun all the days of his life, which God giveth him: for it is his portion.
19. Every man also to whom God hath given riches and wealth, and hath given him power to eat thereof, and to take his portion, and to rejoice in his labour; this is the gift of God.
20. For he shall not much remember the days of his life; because God answereth him in the joy of his heart.

Solomon continued in his words of wisdom to address human relationship with God and fellow humans. First, he addressed his readers on how to relate with God while in His presence. It is expected of every one to fear and reverence God in their acts of worship. One should guard his/her steps when approaching God, draw near to listen to Him, avoid the sacrifices of fools, avoid uttering rash and hasty words, and pay whatever he/she vows to Him (vv. 1-7). Second, verses 8-20 summaries the vanity of much possessions. From life’s experiences, Solomon viewed amassing of wealth as dangerous to livelihood (vv. 10&13). The summary of Solomon’s teaching in this passage is for people to be contented and this can only be achieved through living a moderate life.

Christians that must live good need the key of moderation; we should live moderately in every aspect of our lives. In the presence of God and before fellow humans, we should be careful of our manner of approach. We should learn how to be concise with our words. We must bear in mind that whatever possession we have is by the grace of God, thus, it is the ‘gift of God’ (v.19).

O God, give me the grace to be contented and live moderately for your glory in Jesus’ Name. *Amen*

God says

_"My great peace will guard your heart and your thoughts in Jesus."_ *Philippians 4:7*

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2022 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 3:12am On Oct 30, 2022

*DATE:* SUNDAY, 30TH OCTOBER, 2022 _*{Trinity 20}*_ *THEME:* LOVE: HALLMARK OF CHRISTIAN UNITY

*TEXT:* EPHESIANS 3:20-4:6

*BIBLE READING* (KJV)

20. Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us,
21. Unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen.
22. I therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you that ye walk worthy of the vocation wherewith ye are called,

_*Ephesians 4: 1-6*_
1. I therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you that ye walk worthy of the vocation wherewith ye are called,
2. With all lowliness and meekness, with longsuffering, forbearing one another in love;
3. Endeavouring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.
4. There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;
5. One Lord, one faith, one baptism,
6. One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

In today’s bible passage, Paul encourages the believers at Ephesus to walk worthy of their calling. It is possible to be engaged with more than one assignment or responsibility within the body of Christ but, it is another thing to demonstrate sincere love for one another. Unity within the fold may not be possible, and future hope for the body of Christ may not be realistic if we do not subject our personalities and ego to the Lordship of Christ, and embrace the love of God among brethren.

In Romans 12:9-11, Paul enjoins Christians to let love be shown to one another without hypocrisy but, rather honour one another, so as to discover their gifts and build a strong united family. What personal efforts are you making to ensure that genuine love stands in your fellowship among the brethren rather than the works of the flesh?

Grant me grace, O Lord, to show love to people, so that unity can reign in Your Church through Jesus Christ our Lord. *Amen.*

God says

_"I watch over you and I listen for your prayers."_ *1 Peter 3:12*

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2022 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 2:16am On Oct 31, 2022

Date: 2022-10-31

✝️�TOPIC: LIFE IS PROFITABLE: ONLY IN CHRIST JESUS

✝️�TEXT: Ecclesiastes 6(NKJV)

1. There is an evil which I have seen under the sun, and it [is] common among men:
2. A man to whom God has given riches and wealth and honor, so that he lacks nothing for himself of all he desires; yet God does not give him power to eat of it, but a foreigner consumes it. This [is] vanity, and it [is] an evil affliction.
3. If a man begets a hundred [children] and lives many years, so that the days of his years are many, but his soul is not satisfied with goodness, or indeed he has no burial, I say [that] a stillborn child [is] better than he --
4. for it comes in vanity and departs in darkness, and its name is covered with darkness.
5. Though it has not seen the sun or known [anything,] this has more rest than that man,
6. even if he lives a thousand years twice -- but has not seen goodness. Do not all go to one place?
7. All the labor of man [is] for his mouth, And yet the soul is not satisfied.
8. For what more has the wise [man] than the fool? What does the poor man have, Who knows [how] to walk before the living?
9. Better [is] the sight of the eyes than the wandering of desire. This also [is] vanity and grasping for the wind.
10. Whatever one is, he has been named already, For it is known that he [is] man; And he cannot contend with Him who is mightier than he.
11. Since there are many things that increase vanity, How [is] man the better?
12. For who knows what [is] good for man in life, all the days of his vain life which he passes like a shadow? Who can tell a man what will happen after him under the sun?

✝️�️STUDY

In our passage today, it appears King Solomon wants us to understand the essence of what man runs after. It is clear that man can work hard and be successful but, may not eat of it. He may end up having his hard work enjoyed by someone else which is considered an evil affliction. Solomon compared the superiority of the wise man to that of the fool - the necessaries of life are the same to both. Again, their conditions in life are nearly similar – both are liable to the same diseases, dissolution, and even death (v.cool.

Dear friend, it is obvious that when we live in Christ Jesus, everything will be profitable to God and to us. Nothing at all should rob us of our commitment to God.

Our lives in Christ Jesus should be a blessing to our generation and show forth the glory of God Almighty. Your life cannot be in vain only if it is lived according to the will of God. 1Corinthians 15:58 summarises it all: Therefore, my beloved brethren, be steadfast, unmovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that your labour is not in vain in the Lord.

✝️� PRAYER: Life is best, when Jesus is involved.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Pastor Adefarasin Declares Self A Billionaire / Endtimes : Commonsense Reasons Why Jesus Returns Before 2040 - Don Koenig / 7 Ways To Practice Effective Evangelism

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 271
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.