Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,199 members, 7,818,665 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:15 PM

Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2022 (Anglican Communion) - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2022 (Anglican Communion) (13973 Views)

Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) / Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) / Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2019 (Anglican Communion) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2022 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 5:47am On May 14, 2022
*THE DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL.* CHURCH OF NIGERIA _(ANGLICAN COMMUNION)_

*DATE:* SATURDAY, 14TH MAY, 2022
*THEME:* I WILL PRAISE YOU, O LORD!

*TEXT:* PSALM 57: 8-11

*BIBLE READING:* {KJV}

8. Awake up, my glory; awake, psaltery and harp: I myself will awake early.

9. I will praise thee, O Lord, among the people: I will sing unto thee among the nations.

10. For thy mercy is great unto the heavens, and thy truth unto the clouds.

11. Be thou exalted, O God, above the heavens: let thy glory be above all the earth.

The background to this psalm could be that reported in 1 Samuel chapter 24. King Saul had been looking for any opportunity to kill David. At one time, he assembled the best three thousand men from his army to purse David. Meanwhile, David and his men were hiding in a cave. When Saul needed to relieve himself, he went into the particular part of the cave where David was hiding. David could have killed Saul if he wanted, but he refused to do so because Saul was "the Lord's anointed" (1 Sam. 24:10).

The entire incident provided David another opportunity to praise God. He could use every instrument at His disposal, and every time of the day or night (V. cool. He could praise God among his own people, and even in the international community (V. 9). He acknowledged that God's mercy and truth are infinite, and therefore God should be exalted above all the heavens and all the earth (vv. 10-11). Let us learn from the Psalmist to praise God at all times, in all places and with all our heart, strength and available resources.

*PRAYER:*
I will praise You, O Lord, among the peoples. *Amen.*

Credits: Daily Fountain devotional

NOTE: Click and like my Facebook page link below on my signature and contact me for any property or Rental income Investment of your choice. IT'S 100% SAFE AND RELIABLE
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2022 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 5:30am On May 16, 2022

*DATE:* MONDAY, 16TH MAY, 2022
*THEME:* BE THANKFUL

*TEXT:* PSALM 100

1. Make a joyful noise unto the Lord, all ye lands.

2. Serve the Lord with gladness: come before his presence with singing.

3. Know ye that the Lord he is God: it is he that hath made us, and not we ourselves; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture.

4. Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name.

5. For the Lord is good; his mercy is everlasting; and his truth endureth to all generations.

This is a Psalm of Thanksgiving. People are told to give the Lord a joyful shout and to come before Him with singing. Men should know that they were created by God and that they belong to Him. We should enter His gates with thanksgiving and enter His courts with praises. We should be thankful and bless His name because He is good, His mercy is everlasting and His truth is enduring for all generations.

The Psalmist has a thankful disposition to God and so should we. It is becoming increasingly difficult to find thankful people. Rather we find unthankful people everywhere: At home, school, the work place, in the market and even the church. This ought not to be so. It is good to give thanks for favours we receive from God or man. Children should be thankful to their parents and teachers. Workers should be thankful to their employers and servants to their masters. Christians should thank God always for His great benefits and they should be thankful (Colossians 3: 15) and to thank God for fellow Christians (2 Thess. 2: 13). Do you thank God for your life, family, work, business, study, career and ministry? Adopt an attitude of coming before God with a thankful heart.

My Father, my Father, please grant me a thankful heart that sings to your praise. *Amen.*

NOTE: Click and like my Facebook page link below on my signature and contact me for any property or Rental income Investment of your choice. IT'S 100% SAFE AND RELIABLE
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2022 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 4:33am On May 17, 2022

*DATE:* TUESDAY, 17TH MAY, 2022
*THEME:* SING TO THE LORD!

*TEXT:* PSALM 98

1. O sing unto the LORD a new song; for he hath done marvellous things: his right hand, and his holy arm, hath gotten him the victory.
2. The LORD hath made known his salvation: his righteousness hath he openly shewed in the sight of the heathen.
3. He hath remembered his mercy and his truth toward the house of Israel: all the ends of the earth have seen the salvation of our God.
4. Make a joyful noise unto the LORD, all the earth: make a loud noise, and rejoice, and sing praise.
5. Sing unto the LORD with the harp; with the harp, and the voice of a psalm.
6. With trumpets and sound of cornet make a joyful noise before the LORD, the King.
7. Let the sea roar, and the fulness thereof; the world, and they that dwell therein.
8. Let the floods clap their hands: let the hills be joyful together
9. Before the LORD; for he cometh to judge the earth: with righteousness shall he judge the world, and the people with equity.

The Psalmist exhorts that a new song be sung to the Lord for his marvelous deeds, salvation and righteousness. God’s mercy and faithfulness were shown to Israel while the whole world saw His salvation. The earth is to shout to the Lord and sing praises. People should sing to the Lord with harp and trumpets and shout before the Lord, the King. The rivers should clap their hands while the hills should rejoice before God, for He is coming to judge the world with righteousness and equity. Singing is an art that which is done by cheerful people for the Bible says, “Is anyone cheerful? Let him sing psalms (James 5:13).

God gave good voices for man to use and sing to him but today we see people singing to man and to man-made gods. Instead of singing to the glory of God, some people sing to the glory of sin, the flesh and Satan.

Beloved, what type of songs do you love to sing or listen to? Do you love to sing R&B, rap, reggae, blues, highlife or juju songs? You would better repent today and ask God for forgiveness. Decide now to sing to the Lord always and your life will be blessed.

Grant, O gracious God, that I have cause to sing to your praise and glory today and always in Jesus’ name. *Amen.*

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2022 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 5:44am On May 18, 2022
✝� *DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL*
Date: 2022-05-18

�TOPIC: REJOICE IN THE LORD!

✝️�TEXT: Psalm 149:1-5 (NKJV)

1. Praise the LORD! Sing to the LORD a new song, [And] His praise in the assembly of saints.
2. Let Israel rejoice in their Maker; Let the children of Zion be joyful in their King.
3. Let them praise His name with the dance; Let them sing praises to Him with the timbrel and harp.
4. For the LORD takes pleasure in His people; He will beautify the humble with salvation.
5. Let the saints be joyful in glory; Let them sing aloud on their beds.

✝️�️STUDY: Today’s passage starts with an exhortation to praise the Lord. The saints are told to sing a new song and His praise in their assembly. Israel is to rejoice in their Maker while the children of Zion are to be joyful in their King. They are to praise the Lord with dance and sing His praises with musical instruments. This they should do because God takes pleasure in His people and gives salvation to the humble.

The children of God are to joyfully sing aloud to Him even on their beds. Christians are to rejoice in the Lord always (Phil. 4:4). A beautiful way to show our joy in the Lord is to sing praises or a new song to Him. Wherever we are whether at home, school, in the church, at work or in the car, we should manifest our rejoicing in the Lord by praising Him. Some persons are too proud to sing or praise the Lord. Are you one of them? Kindly repent now and learn how to sing praises to God, if you hope to enter Heaven. Express your love for God by singing His praises always. You can even use musical instruments to also sing praises to the Lord

✝️� PRAYER: Teach me, O God, to rejoice always and to sing your praises all the days of my life. Amen.

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2022 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 4:28am On May 19, 2022

*DATE:* THURSDAY, 19TH MAY, 2022
*THEME:* I WILL PRAISE THE LORD

*TEXT:* PSALM 138

1. I will praise You with my whole heart; Before the gods I will sing praises to You.

2. I will worship toward Your holy temple, And praise Your name For Your lovingkindness and Your truth; For You have magnified Your word above all Your name.

3. In the day when I cried out, You answered me, [And] made me bold [with] strength in my soul.

4. All the kings of the earth shall praise You, O LORD, When they hear the words of Your mouth.

5. Yes, they shall sing of the ways of the LORD, For great [is] the glory of the LORD.

6. Though the LORD [is] on high, Yet He regards the lowly; But the proud He knows from afar.

7. Though I walk in the midst of trouble, You will revive me; You will stretch out Your hand Against the wrath of my enemies, And Your right hand will save me.

8. The LORD will perfect [that which] concerns me; Your mercy, O LORD, [endures] forever; Do not forsake the works of Your hands.

Praising God should be done wholeheartedly. Some of the reasons given why God should be praised include: For His lovingkindness and for truth, for answered prayers and for strengthening the soul. All kings of the earth should praise God and sing of His ways. God regards the humble but rejects the proud. The Psalmist is confident that God will revive him, fight and save him from his enemies and perfect what concerns him. He pleads that God should not forsake him.

It is incumbent on the child of God to praise Him for all the good things and for the many blessings that He gives. God should also be praised because He answers prayers and strengthens the soul. Why should you not praise the Lord when kings sing praises to Him. Has God blessed you with a good voice? Then you should serve Him with your voice in the Church choir or in the gospel band. When you praise or sing unto God, do so with a Spirit of humility for God resists the proud but gives grace to the humble (1 Peter 5:5). Develop an attitude of praising God always. I will praise the Lord today. Will you?

Help me my God to always sing praises to You in Jesus name. _*Amen.*_

*QUOTE FOR THE DAY*

God says:

_"I will teach your children My ways and give them great peace."_ _*Isaiah 54:13*_

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2022 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 5:00am On May 20, 2022

*DATE:* FRIDAY, 20TH MAY, 2022
*THEME:* LET ALL CREATION PRAISE THE LORD!

*TEXT:* PSALM 148

*BIBLE READING:* {NKJV}

1. Praise the LORD! Praise the LORD from the heavens; Praise Him in the heights!

2. Praise Him, all His angels; Praise Him, all His hosts!

3. Praise Him, sun and moon; Praise Him, all you stars of light!

4. Praise Him, you heavens of heavens, And you waters above the heavens!

5. Let them praise the name of the LORD, For He commanded and they were created.

6. He also established them forever and ever; He made a decree which shall not pass away.

7. Praise the LORD from the earth, You great sea creatures and all the depths;

8. Fire and hail, snow and clouds; Stormy wind, fulfilling His word;

9. Mountains and all hills; Fruitful trees and all cedars;

10. Beasts and all cattle; Creeping things and flying fowl;

11. Kings of the earth and all peoples; Princes and all judges of the earth;

12. Both young men and maidens; Old men and children.

13. Let them praise the name of the LORD, For His name alone is exalted; His glory [is] above the earth and heaven.

14. And He has exalted the horn of His people, The praise of all His saints -- Of the children of Israel, A people near to Him. Praise the LORD!

The Psalmist enjoins those in the Heavens to praise the Lord. They include His angels, His hosts, the sun and the moon, rain and the stars. God’s creations on the earth are also admonished to praise the Lord. These include sea creatures, fire and hail, snow and clouds, mountains and hills, trees, beasts and cattle. Humans such as kings, princes, judges, young men and girls, old men and children are not left out. They should praise the Lord because of His exalted name and great glory.

The Almighty God is so great that there should be resounding praises from both the heavens and the earth. The Scriptures tell us that praising God is an activity that goes on in Heaven all the time. For instance, the four living creatures praise God, day and night (Rev. 4:cool and the twenty-four elders worship and praise Him forever (Rev. 4:10-11). Praising God should not be any different here on earth. Let us make it a duty to praise God always in our homes during family devotions and during our church services. You can also praise God anywhere, anytime and anyhow. All living things should praise the Lord.

Father, may everything that has life praise Your holy name in Jesus’ name. *Amen.*

*QUOTE FOR THE DAY:*
God says

_"I will not forget the love you have shown Me by serving others."_ *Hebrews 6:10*

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2022 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 7:57am On May 21, 2022
Date: 2022-05-21

�TOPIC: SING PRAISES TO OUR KING

✝️�TEXT: Psalm 47 (NKJV)

1. To the Chief Musician. A Psalm of the sons of Korah. Oh, clap your hands, all you peoples! Shout to God with the voice of triumph!
2. For the LORD Most High [is] awesome; [He is] a great King over all the earth.
3. He will subdue the peoples under us, And the nations under our feet.
4. He will choose our inheritance for us, The excellence of Jacob whom He loves. Selah
5. God has gone up with a shout, The LORD with the sound of a trumpet.
6. Sing praises to God, sing praises! Sing praises to our King, sing praises!
7. For God [is] the King of all the earth; Sing praises with understanding.
8. God reigns over the nations; God sits on His holy throne.
9. The princes of the people have gathered together, The people of the God of Abraham. For the shields of the earth [belong] to God; He is greatly exalted.

✝️�️STUDY: The Lord Most high God is an awesome God and He deserves our praises. He is a great king over all the earth and should be respected and adored. The Psalmist advocates that we can sing praises to God by clapping our hands, by shouting with a voice of triumph and by singing praises with understanding. When praises are rendered to God, He subdues nations under our feet and chooses our inheritance for us.

Praises should continually go to God because He is greatly exalted. Kings of the earth love to be praised. Of a truth, the King of Kings and the Lord of Lords ought to be praised by all men and all created beings. When we sing praises to the Almighty God, we show our love for Him and how thankful we are for the great benefits that we receive from Him.

Singing praises to our King should be a way of life to the children of God. When we remember the price that Christ paid on the cross for our redemption, we need to praise the Him. Do you make out time to praise God or are you only interested in His blessings? Turn today and return to the Lord, singing songs of praise. Will you?

✝️� PRAYER: May I live a life of praising my King always in Jesus’ name. Amen.

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2022 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 4:09am On May 23, 2022

*DATE:* MONDAY, 23RD MAY, 2022 _*{Rogation Monday}*_
*THEME:* GIVE FIRSTFRUITS AND TITHES

*TEXT:* DEUTERONOMY 26

*BIBLE READING:* {NKJV}

1. "And it shall be, when you come into the land which the LORD your God is giving you [as] an inheritance, and you possess it and dwell in it,
2. "that you shall take some of the first of all the produce of the ground, which you shall bring from your land that the LORD your God is giving you, and put [it] in a basket and go to the place where the LORD your God chooses to make His name abide.
3. "And you shall go to the one who is priest in those days, and say to him, 'I declare today to the LORD your God that I have come to the country which the LORD swore to our fathers to give us.'
4. "Then the priest shall take the basket out of your hand and set it down before the altar of the LORD your God.
5. "And you shall answer and say before the LORD your God: 'My father [was] a Syrian, about to perish, and he went down to Egypt and dwelt there, few in number; and there he became a nation, great, mighty, and populous.
6. 'But the Egyptians mistreated us, afflicted us, and laid hard bondage on us.
7. 'Then we cried out to the LORD God of our fathers, and the LORD heard our voice and looked on our affliction and our labor and our oppression.
8. 'So the LORD brought us out of Egypt with a mighty hand and with an outstretched arm, with great terror and with signs and wonders.
9. 'He has brought us to this place and has given us this land, "a land flowing with milk and honey";
10. 'and now, behold, I have brought the firstfruits of the land which you, O LORD, have given me.' Then you shall set it before the LORD your God, and worship before the LORD your God.
11. "So you shall rejoice in every good [thing] which the LORD your God has given to you and your house, you and the Levite and the stranger who [is] among you.
12. " When you have finished laying aside all the tithe of your increase in the third year -- the year of tithing -- and have given [it] to the Levite, the stranger, the fatherless, and the widow, so that they may eat within your gates and be filled,
13. "then you shall say before the LORD your God: 'I have removed the holy [tithe] from [my] house, and also have given them to the Levite, the stranger, the fatherless, and the widow, according to all Your commandments which You have commanded me; I have not transgressed Your commandments, nor have I forgotten [them.]
14. 'I have not eaten any of it when in mourning, nor have I removed [any] of it for an unclean [use,] nor given [any] of it for the dead. I have obeyed the voice of the LORD my God, and have done according to all that You have commanded me.
15. 'Look down from Your holy habitation, from heaven, and bless Your people Israel and the land which You have given us, just as You swore to our fathers, "a land flowing with milk and honey." '
16. " This day the LORD your God commands you to observe these statutes and judgments; therefore you shall be careful to observe them with all your heart and with all your soul.
17. "Today you have proclaimed the LORD to be your God, and that you will walk in His ways and keep His statutes, His commandments, and His judgments, and that you will obey His voice.
18. "Also today the LORD has proclaimed you to be His special people, just as He promised you, that [you] should keep all His commandments,
19. "and that He will set you high above all nations which He has made, in praise, in name, and in honor, and that you may be a holy people to the LORD your God, just as He has spoken."

When the children of Israel possessed the land God had given them, He commanded them to obey His statutes and judgments concerning giving of their first-fruits and tithes. The first-fruit was the first of all the produce of the land. They were also to give their tithes _(the first tenth of their income, produce or profit)_ to the priest and the needy. Their total obedience would make them the holy people of God.

The significance of giving your first-fruit and tithe to God is that you put God first before others. Christians are to seek first God’s kingdom and His righteousness (Matt. 6:33). It also signifies that you love and obey God. Some Christians can go for a whole year without paying their first-fruits. This is wrong. Some do not pay their tithes in full. This is also wrong. If you are one of such people, please repent today and obey God. Decide today to give God your first-fruits and tithes for they belong to Him. Such obedience will open to you doors of blessings as God’s child. May God touch you to comply from this day forward.

Help me gracious Lord to give you my life and my all in Jesus’ name. _*Amen.*_

*God Says-*

_"All My blessings will overtake those who obey Me."_ *Deuteronomy 28:2*

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2022 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 5:47am On May 25, 2022
*DATE:* WEDNESDAY, 25TH MAY, 2022 _*{Rogation Wednesday}*_
*THEME:* CONSEQUENCES OF DISOBEDIENCE
*TEXT:* DEUTERONOMY 28: 58-68

58. If thou wilt not observe to do all the words of this law that are written in this book, that thou mayest fear this glorious and fearful name, The Lord Thy God;
59. Then the Lord will make thy plagues wonderful, and the plagues of thy seed, even great plagues, and of long continuance, and sore sicknesses, and of long continuance.
60. Moreover he will bring upon thee all the diseases of Egypt, which thou wast afraid of; and they shall cleave unto thee.
61. Also every sickness, and every plague, which is not written in the book of this law, them will the Lord bring upon thee, until thou be destroyed.
62. And ye shall be left few in number, whereas ye were as the stars of heaven for multitude; because thou wouldest not obey the voice of the Lord thy God.
63. And it shall come to pass, that as the Lord rejoiced over you to do you good, and to multiply you; so the Lord will rejoice over you to destroy you, and to bring you to nought; and ye shall be plucked from off the land whither thou goest to possess it.
64. And the Lord shall scatter thee among all people, from the one end of the earth even unto the other; and there thou shalt serve other gods, which neither thou nor thy fathers have known, even wood and stone.
65. And among these nations shalt thou find no ease, neither shall the sole of thy foot have rest: but the Lord shall give thee there a trembling heart, and failing of eyes, and sorrow of mind:
66. And thy life shall hang in doubt before thee; and thou shalt fear day and night, and shalt have none assurance of thy life:
67. In the morning thou shalt say, Would God it were even! and at even thou shalt say, Would God it were morning! for the fear of thine heart wherewith thou shalt fear, and for the sight of thine eyes which thou shalt see.
68. And the Lord shall bring thee into Egypt again with ships, by the way whereof I spake unto thee, Thou shalt see it no more again: and there ye shall be sold unto your enemies for bondmen and bondwomen, and no man shall buy you.

The Israelites were told the consequences of their disobedience to the words of God. Disobedience to God would attract punishment such as extraordinary plagues, prolonged sicknesses, affliction with diseases of the Egyptians, reduction of their population, joyful destruction by God, being scattered among other nations to serve foreign gods, no peace, trembling hearts, being fearful always and bondage of slavery or captivity.

Disobedience to parents attracts some form of punishment or denial. Disobedience to constituted authority could result in imprisonment. Why would God who is a God of righteousness and justice not punish those who deliberately disobey Him. Are you an obedient or a disobedient Christian? If you are disobedient, know then that God is not happy with you. If you live in disobedience to God, then you should be ready to receive the consequences of your misdeeds which are disastrous. Therefore, decide now to live in obedience than disobedience to God and you will be blessed. You can do better by asking God to forgive you, give you a new heart and put His Holy Spirit in you to make you obey Him (Ezek. 36:25-27).

Help me, O God, never to disobey Your word so that the consequences of disobedience will not follow me in Jesus’ name. *Amen.*

God says -
_“I open prison doors and set captives free.”_ *Isaiah 61:1*

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2022 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 5:48am On May 26, 2022
✝� DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL
Date: 2022-05-26
Ascension Day

�TOPIC: JESUS THE HIGH PRIEST

✝️�TEXT: Hebrews 7:11- 28(NKJV)

11. Therefore, if perfection were through the Levitical priesthood (for under it the people received the law), what further need [was there] that another priest should rise according to the order of Melchizedek, and not be called according to the order of Aaron?
12. For the priesthood being changed, of necessity there is also a change of the law.
13. For He of whom these things are spoken belongs to another tribe, from which no man has officiated at the altar.
14. For it is evident that our Lord arose from Judah, of which tribe Moses spoke nothing concerning priesthood.
15. And it is yet far more evident if, in the likeness of Melchizedek, there arises another priest
16. who has come, not according to the law of a fleshly commandment, but according to the power of an endless life. 17. For He testifies: “You are a priest forever According to the order of Melchizedek.”
18. For on the one hand there is an annulling of the former commandment because of its weakness and unprofitableness,
19. for the law made nothing perfect; on the other hand, there is the bringing in of a better hope, through which we draw near to God.
20. And inasmuch as He was not made priest without an oath
21. (for they have become priests without an oath, but He with an oath by Him who said to Him: “The Lord has sworn And will not relent, ‘You are a priest forever According to the order of Melchizedek’ ”),
22. by so much more Jesus has become a surety of a better covenant.
23. Also there were many priests, because they were prevented by death from continuing.
24. But He, because He continues forever, has an unchangeable priesthood.
25. Therefore He is also able to save to the uttermost those who come to God through Him, since He always lives to make intercession for them.
26. For such a High Priest was fitting for us, who is holy, harmless, undefiled, separate from sinners, and has become higher than the heavens;
27. who does not need daily, as those high priests, to offer up sacrifices, first for His own sins and then for the people’s, for this He did once for all when He offered up Himself.
28. For the law appoints as high priests men who have weakness, but the word of the oath, which came after the law, appoints the Son who has been perfected forever.

✝️�️STUDY: The Levitical priesthood arose according to the order of Aaron but the priesthood of Jesus was according to the order of Melchizedek. The old priesthood order came from the tribe of Levi while the new priesthood order came from the tribe of Judah. The High priesthood of Jesus was the only one that was made with an oath by God, whereby Jesus became a surety of a better covenant. Also, the priesthood of Jesus is unchanging and continues forever, hence, He always lives to make intercession for the saints. The old Levitical priesthood was changed because it was weak and unprofitable.

On the other hand, the new High priesthood of Jesus brings a better hope, through which we draw near to God. Death prevented the priests of the of the order of Aaron from continuing, but death has no power over the new High priesthood of Jesus because He offered Himself once and for all and was perfected forever as an unchangeable priesthood. Thank God you have the High priest - Jesus - who has become higher than the Heavens; and is able to save those who come to God through Him, since He always lives to make intercession for them. Have you gone to Jesus for your salvation? He is interceding for you now.

✝️� PRAYER: Thank you Father for giving us an everlasting High Priest in Jesus Christ. Amen.

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2022 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 5:43am On May 27, 2022
Date: 2022-05-27
Children’s Day

�TOPIC: ONE MORE PLAGUE

✝️�TEXT: Exodus 11: 1-10 (NKJV)

1. And the LORD said to Moses, "I will bring yet one [more] plague on Pharaoh and on Egypt. Afterward he will let you go from here. When he lets [you] go, he will surely drive you out of here altogether.
2. "Speak now in the hearing of the people, and let every man ask from his neighbor and every woman from her neighbor, articles of silver and articles of gold."
3. And the LORD gave the people favor in the sight of the Egyptians. Moreover the man Moses [was] very great in the land of Egypt, in the sight of Pharaoh's servants and in the sight of the people.
4. Then Moses said, "Thus says the LORD: 'About midnight I will go out into the midst of Egypt;
5. 'and all the firstborn in the land of Egypt shall die, from the firstborn of Pharaoh who sits on his throne, even to the firstborn of the female servant who [is] behind the handmill, and all the firstborn of the animals.
6. 'Then there shall be a great cry throughout all the land of Egypt, such as was not like it [before,] nor shall be like it again.
7. 'But against none of the children of Israel shall a dog move its tongue, against man or beast, that you may know that the LORD does make a difference between the Egyptians and Israel.'
8. "And all these your servants shall come down to me and bow down to me, saying, 'Get out, and all the people who follow you!' After that I will go out." Then he went out from Pharaoh in great anger.
9. But the LORD said to Moses, "Pharaoh will not heed you, so that My wonders may be multiplied in the land of Egypt."
10. So Moses and Aaron did all these wonders before Pharaoh; and the LORD hardened Pharaoh's heart, and he did not let the children of Israel go out of his land.

✝️�️STUDY: As a result of Pharaoh’s stubbornness, God decided to bring one more plague on him and Egypt. This would be the knock-out plague that would make Pharaoh to release the Israelites. The Israelites were advised to borrow gold and silver articles from their Egyptian neighbours, which when they did was a success because of God’s favour. This last plague as announced by Moses would destroy all the firstborn of men and animals in Egypt including Pharaoh’s firstborn. There would be a great cry in Egypt that they would allow the Israelites to go. However, the plague would not touch the firstborn of the Israelites.

Proverbs 29:1 says that the person who is often rebuked but hardens his neck suffers sudden destruction. Pharaoh suffered such a fate when he lost the heir to his throne to the plague. People who do not want to obey God experience such things. One more plague made the difference between life in slavery and freedom for the Israelites. That last divine plague opened the door to their financial miracle and national freedom. Are you in any form of spiritual, physical or financial bondage? Call on God and expect His one more plague that will deal with your detractors and challenges to set you free.

✝️� PRAYER: Deliver me, O God, from every satanic bondage and set me free in Jesus name. Amen.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2022 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 4:48am On May 28, 2022

*DATE:* SATURDAY, 28TH MAY, 2022
*THEME:* CHOOSE LIFE AND LIVE

*TEXT:* DEUTERONOMY 30

1. And it shall come to pass, when all these things are come upon thee, the blessing and the curse, which I have set before thee, and thou shalt call them to mind among all the nations, whither the LORD thy God hath driven thee,
2. And shalt return unto the LORD thy God, and shalt obey his voice according to all that I command thee this day, thou and thy children, with all thine heart, and with all thy soul;
3. That then the LORD thy God will turn thy captivity, and have compassion upon thee, and will return and gather thee from all the nations, whither the LORD thy God hath scattered thee.
4. If any of thine be driven out unto the outmost parts of heaven, from thence will the LORD thy God gather thee, and from thence will he fetch thee:
5. And the LORD thy God will bring thee into the land which thy fathers possessed, and thou shalt possess it; and he will do thee good, and multiply thee above thy fathers.
6. And the LORD thy God will circumcise thine heart, and the heart of thy seed, to love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, that thou mayest live.
7. And the LORD thy God will put all these curses upon thine enemies, and on them that hate thee, which persecuted thee.
8. And thou shalt return and obey the voice of the LORD, and do all his commandments which I command thee this day.
9. And the LORD thy God will make thee plenteous in every work of thine hand, in the fruit of thy body, and in the fruit of thy cattle, and in the fruit of thy land, for good: for the LORD will again rejoice over thee for good, as he rejoiced over thy fathers:
10. If thou shalt hearken unto the voice of the LORD thy God, to keep his commandments and his statutes which are written in this book of the law, and if thou turn unto the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul.
11. For this commandment which I command thee this day, it is not hidden from thee, neither is it far off.
12. It is not in heaven, that thou shouldest say, Who shall go up for us to heaven, and bring it unto us, that we may hear it, and do it?
13. Neither is it beyond the sea, that thou shouldest say, Who shall go over the sea for us, and bring it unto us, that we may hear it, and do it?
14. But the word is very nigh unto thee, in thy mouth, and in thy heart, that thou mayest do it.
15. See, I have set before thee this day life and good, and death and evil;
16. In that I command thee this day to love the LORD thy God, to walk in his ways, and to keep his commandments and his statutes and his judgments, that thou mayest live and multiply: and the LORD thy God shall bless thee in the land whither thou goest to possess it.
17. But if thine heart turn away, so that thou wilt not hear, but shalt be drawn away, and worship other gods, and serve them;
18. I denounce unto you this day, that ye shall surely perish, and that ye shall not prolong your days upon the land, whither thou passest over Jordan to go to possess it.
19. I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live:
20. That thou mayest love the LORD thy God, and that thou mayest obey his voice, and that thou mayest cleave unto him: for he is thy life, and the length of thy days: that thou mayest dwell in the land which the LORD sware unto thy fathers, to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob, to give them.

God promised to bring back the Israelites from their captivity and have compassion on them if they returned to Him and obeyed His words. He also promised to bring them back to the land of Israel, prosper and multiply them and circumcise their hearts to love Him so that they may live. God would prosper the work of their hands as well as the fruit of their body. He would also increase their livestock and the produce of their land. God also set before them life and death and advised them to choose life and live.

Life is a matter of choices. The Israelites had to choose disobeying God and suffering captivity or returning to Him in obedience and obtaining freedom and blessings. Everybody has to make a choice between life and death. Your choice informs your actions. Some people choose to live a life of sin by cheating, stealing, drinking, committing adultery, murder, idolatry, bribery and corruption. Which of these sins are you involved in? They will lead you to death and hell. God is calling you today to choose a life of righteousness which will lead you to eternal life and Heaven. Embrace Jesus Christ and see your life change (2 Cor. 5:17). What choice will you make?

My Father, please help me to choose life and live to Your glory in Jesus’ name. *Amen.*

God says

_"I will fill those who hunger and thirst for My righteousness."_ *Matthew 5:6*

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2022 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 6:12am On May 30, 2022

*DATE:* MONDAY, 30TH MAY, 2022
*THEME:* SET THINGS IN ORDER

*TEXT:* DEUTERONOMY 31: 1-13

1. And Moses went and spake these words unto all Israel.
2. And he said unto them, I am an hundred and twenty years old this day; I can no more go out and come in: also the LORD hath said unto me, Thou shalt not go over this Jordan.
3. The LORD thy God, he will go over before thee, and he will destroy these nations from before thee, and thou shalt possess them: and Joshua, he shall go over before thee, as the LORD hath said.
4. And the LORD shall do unto them as he did to Sihon and to Og, kings of the Amorites, and unto the land of them, whom he destroyed.
5. And the LORD shall give them up before your face, that ye may do unto them according unto all the commandments which I have commanded you.
6. Be strong and of a good courage, fear not, nor be afraid of them: for the LORD thy God, he it is that doth go with thee; he will not fail thee, nor forsake thee.
7. And Moses called unto Joshua, and said unto him in the sight of all Israel, Be strong and of a good courage: for thou must go with this people unto the land which the LORD hath sworn unto their fathers to give them; and thou shalt cause them to inherit it.
8. And the LORD, he it is that doth go before thee; he will be with thee, he will not fail thee, neither forsake thee: fear not, neither be dismayed.
9. And Moses wrote this law, and delivered it unto the priests the sons of Levi, which bare the ark of the covenant of the LORD, and unto all the elders of Israel.
10. And Moses commanded them, saying, At the end of every seven years, in the solemnity of the year of release, in the feast of tabernacles,
11. When all Israel is come to appear before the LORD thy God in the place which he shall choose, thou shalt read this law before all Israel in their hearing.
12. Gather the people together, men and women, and children, and thy stranger that is within thy gates, that they may hear, and that they may learn, and fear the LORD your God, and observe to do all the words of this law:
13. And that their children, which have not known any thing, may hear, and learn to fear the LORD your God, as long as ye live in the land whither ye go over Jordan to possess it.

At the age of 120 years, Moses told the Israelites that he could not continue as their leader. He told them that they had to cross the Jordan River to enter into their Promised Land, and that God and Joshua would go with them. He asked them to be strong and courageous for the Lord their God would go with them. Moses publicly admonished Joshua to be strong and courageous as he would lead the people to inherit their land. He finally commanded them to gather everybody to hear the word of God during their feast of Tabernacles.

At old age, Moses had to set things in order before he died. People without elders are bound to err. Elder Moses encouraged both the Israelites and their new leader, Joshua, to go and possess the land. An Igbo adage says that an elder cannot be at home and the she-goat will deliver her young on the tether. Are you an elder in your house, establishment or church? Please speak up and set things in order before you die. Fathers should set things in order by writing their wills before they die. Otherwise, you may leave behind court cases between your children.

Dear Lord, please help our fathers and elders to set things in order before they die in Jesus’ name. *Amen.*

God says -

_"Those who overcome will eat from the tree of life in paradise."_ *Revelation 2:7*

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2022 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 5:26am On May 31, 2022
Date: 2022-05-31
_The Visit of Blessed Virgin Mary_

�TOPIC: TWO BLESSED WOMEN

✝️�TEXT: Luke 1:39-49 (NKJV)

39. Now Mary arose in those days and went into the hill country with haste, to a city of Judah,
40. and entered the house of Zacharias and greeted Elizabeth.
41. And it happened, when Elizabeth heard the greeting of Mary, that the babe leaped in her womb; and Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit.
42. Then she spoke out with a loud voice and said, "Blessed [are] you among women, and blessed [is] the fruit of your womb!
43. "But why [is] this [granted] to me, that the mother of my Lord should come to me?
44. "For indeed, as soon as the voice of your greeting sounded in my ears, the babe leaped in my womb for joy.
45. "Blessed [is] she who believed, for there will be a fulfillment of those things which were told her from the Lord."
46. And Mary said: "My soul magnifies the Lord,
47. And my spirit has rejoiced in God my Savior.
48. For He has regarded the lowly state of His maidservant; For behold, henceforth all generations will call me blessed.
49. For He who is mighty has done great things for me, And holy [is] His name.

✝️�️STUDY: When Mary greeted Elizabeth during her (Mary’s) unannounced visit to Elizabeth., the baby in Elizabeth’s womb leaped for joy and she was filled with the Holy Spirit. Elizabeth began to prophesy blessings on Mary and on the baby in her womb. She also told her that there would be a fulfilment of what had been told her from the Lord. Thereafter, Mary began to magnify God and rejoice in God’s blessings in her life. Elizabeth was a barren woman but God changed her story and she was blessed with a pregnancy. Mary was a virgin whom God chose to be the mother of Jesus which was a great blessing.

The blessings of both women became manifest during the visit of Mary to Elizabeth. Women are supposed to bring favour or blessings to their families. Is your wife a blessing to your home? Mothers and wives should be blessings in their homes but some are not. If you are not a source of blessing to your husband and children, please cry unto God for help. Begin today to bless your husband and your children.

✝️� PRAYER: Dear God, make me a blessing to my family, friends and church in Jesus’ name. Amen.

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2022 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 6:21am On Jun 01, 2022

*DATE:* WEDNESDAY, 1ST JUNE, 2022
*THEME:* INDEPENDENCE ANNIVERSARY

*TEXT:* EXODUS 12: 37-51

37. Then the children of Israel journeyed from Rameses to Succoth, about six hundred thousand men on foot, besides children.
38. A mixed multitude went up with them also, and flocks and herds -- a great deal of livestock.
39. And they baked unleavened cakes of the dough which they had brought out of Egypt; for it was not leavened, because they were driven out of Egypt and could not wait, nor had they prepared provisions for themselves.
40. Now the sojourn of the children of Israel who lived in Egypt [was] four hundred and thirty years.
41. And it came to pass at the end of the four hundred and thirty years -- on that very same day -- it came to pass that all the armies of the LORD went out from the land of Egypt.
42. It [is] a night of solemn observance to the LORD for bringing them out of the land of Egypt. This [is] that night of the LORD, a solemn observance for all the children of Israel throughout their generations.
43. And the LORD said to Moses and Aaron, "This [is] the ordinance of the Passover: No foreigner shall eat it.
44. "But every man's servant who is bought for money, when you have circumcised him, then he may eat it.
45. "A sojourner and a hired servant shall not eat it.
46. "In one house it shall be eaten; you shall not carry any of the flesh outside the house, nor shall you break one of its bones.
47. "All the congregation of Israel shall keep it.
48. "And when a stranger dwells with you [and wants] to keep the Passover to the LORD, let all his males be circumcised, and then let him come near and keep it; and he shall be as a native of the land. For no uncircumcised person shall eat it.
49. "One law shall be for the native-born and for the stranger who dwells among you."
50. Thus all the children of Israel did; as the LORD commanded Moses and Aaron, so they did.
51. And it came to pass, on that very same day, that the LORD brought the children of Israel out of the land of Egypt according to their armies.

After about 400 years of slavery in Egypt, Israel by the special grace of God, regained here freedom to become an independent nation. It was so unique that some translations of the Bible rendered verse 42 thus, _“because the Lord kept vigil that night to bring them (Israel) out of Egypt, on this night all the Israelites are to keep vigil to honour the Lord for the generations to come.”_ It was a night to be commemorated unto the Lord for bringing them out from the land of Egypt. Throughout the generations of Israel, this event was to be commemorated as a day of solemn remembrance.

Nigeria celebrates her independence from colonial rule every 1st October; it’s always a day of public holiday for the citizens. There were however regulations governing the celebration of the Passover feast. No foreigner was to partake of it; it was only for the circumcised Israelites. Spiritually, man became a slave to the devil by sinning against God, and so lost his freedom (John 8:34). Thanks be to God who made provision for our freedom from the bondage of sin through his son, Jesus Christ. To partake of this freedom, there must be circumcision, not of the flesh, but of the Spirit (Rom. 2:29). This comes free of charge by accepting Jesus Christ as our personal Lord and Saviour.

Thank God for freedom in Christ Jesus and invite Him into your heart as your Lord and personal Saviour.

God says -

_"Those who are pure in heart will see My face."_ *Matthew 5:8*

*PRAYER FOR JUNE 2022*
This new month of June will launch you into unimaginable blessings. In all your going out and your coming in you shall be blessed. Nations will covet favour from you and you shall be called Blessed of the Lord.
*HAPPY NEW MONTH*

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2022 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 4:30am On Jun 02, 2022

*DATE:* THURSDAY, 2ND JUNE, 2022
*THEME:* A WORTHY MEMORIAL

*TEXT:* EXODUS 13: 1- 16

1. And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying,
2. Sanctify unto me all the firstborn, whatsoever openeth the womb among the children of Israel, both of man and of beast: it is mine.
3. And Moses said unto the people, Remember this day, in which ye came out from Egypt, out of the house of bondage; for by strength of hand the LORD brought you out from this place: there shall no leavened bread be eaten.
4. This day came ye out in the month Abib.
5. And it shall be when the LORD shall bring thee into the land of the Canaanites, and the Hittites, and the Amorites, and the Hivites, and the Jebusites, which he sware unto thy fathers to give thee, a land flowing with milk and honey, that thou shalt keep this service in this month.
6. Seven days thou shalt eat unleavened bread, and in the seventh day shall be a feast to the LORD.
7. Unleavened bread shall be eaten seven days; and there shall no leavened bread be seen with thee, neither shall there be leaven seen with thee in all thy quarters.
8. And thou shalt show thy son in that day, saying, This is done because of that which the LORD did unto me when I came forth out of Egypt.
9. And it shall be for a sign unto thee upon thine hand, and for a memorial between thine eyes, that the LORD's law may be in thy mouth: for with a strong hand hath the LORD brought thee out of Egypt.
10. Thou shalt therefore keep this ordinance in his season from year to year.
11. And it shall be when the LORD shall bring thee into the land of the Canaanites, as he sware unto thee and to thy fathers, and shall give it thee,
12. That thou shalt set apart unto the LORD all that openeth the matrix, and every firstling that cometh of a beast which thou hast; the males shall be the LORD's.
13. And every firstling of an ass thou shalt redeem with a lamb; and if thou wilt not redeem it, then thou shalt break his neck: and all the firstborn of man among thy children shalt thou redeem.
14. And it shall be when thy son asketh thee in time to come, saying, What is this? that thou shalt say unto him, By strength of hand the LORD brought us out from Egypt, from the house of bondage:
15. And it came to pass, when Pharaoh would hardly let us go, that the LORD slew all the firstborn in the land of Egypt, both the firstborn of man, and the firstborn of beast: therefore I sacrifice to the LORD all that openeth the matrix, being males; but all the firstborn of my children I redeem.
16. And it shall be for a token upon thine hand, and for frontlets between thine eyes: for by strength of hand the LORD brought us forth out of Egypt.

There are certain events in the life of an individual that are landmarks that cannot be forgotten in a hurry. In the passage we read today, Moses told the people of Israel: “Commemorate this day, the day you came out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery, because the Lord brought you out of it with a mighty hand” (v.3). The essence of this was to pass on the message of God’s faithfulness and His mighty power to future generations (v.14) “In the days to come, when your sons ask you, what does this mean, say to them, with a mighty hand, the Lord brought us out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery” The Lord commanded his people Israel to always teach their children, the words of the Lord in the house, in the street, everywhere (Deut. 11:19; Deut. 31:13).

We should joyfully share our experiences with the Lord with our children. Many parents do not consider this important, and because of this, many children from Christian homes today, have no knowledge about the God that their parents worship. Do you have testimonies about salvation from the slavery of sin or answered prayers from the challenges of life? Share it with your children, friends, students, teachers, and neighbors.

Pray for zeal to share the gospel message to all around you.

God says -

_*"I began the good work in you and I will finish it."*_ Philippians 1:6

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2022 (Anglican Communion) by emynike2001(m): 5:50am On Jun 03, 2022

*DATE:* FRIDAY, 3RD JUNE, 2022
*THEME:* GUIDANCE

*TEXT:* EXODUS 13: 17-22

17. And it came to pass, when Pharaoh had let the people go, that God led them not through the way of the land of the Philistines, although that was near; for God said, Lest peradventure the people repent when they see war, and they return to Egypt:
18. But God led the people about, through the way of the wilderness of the Red sea: and the children of Israel went up harnessed out of the land of Egypt.
19. And Moses took the bones of Joseph with him: for he had straitly sworn the children of Israel, saying, God will surely visit you; and ye shall carry up my bones away hence with you.
20. And they took their journey from Succoth, and encamped in Etham, in the edge of the wilderness.
21. And the LORD went before them by day in a pillar of a cloud, to lead them the way; and by night in a pillar of fire, to give them light; to go by day and night:
22. He took not away the pillar of the cloud by day, nor the pillar of fire by night, from before the people.

As God’s children, we desperately need His guidance and direction in every detail of our life. Many have fallen into terrible ditches of life because they did not seek God’s guidance. In today’s passage, we see God passionately ordering the steps of His children to prevent them from entering into the hands of enemies (v.17). If Israel had headed directly to Palestine, it would have taken them about two weeks to get there, since it was a shorter route (v.17). They however, spent 40 years in the desert before getting to their destination. The natural man will regard this option as unreasonable but God moves in mysterious ways, His wonders to perform. He led them by a pillar of cloud in the day, and pillar of fire in the night (v.21). Surely the steps of a righteous man are ordered by the Lord (Ps. 37:32).

Many Christians undertake very important decisions of life without caring to know the mind of God about such ventures. Some avoid God’s guidance because they feel that His ways will prolong the attainment of their desires. God desires to guide us through this dark world, so that we do not stumble in darkness (see Ps. 119:105). Allow Him to guide you in every area of your life and you will look back and appreciate why He led you through the mountains and hills unto victory.

Lead us heavenly Father lead us… _*(Hymn A&M 311 Stanza 1)*_

1. Lead us, heavenly Father, lead us
o'er the world's tempestuous sea;
guard us, guide us, keep us, feed us,
for we have no help but thee;
yet possessing every blessing,
if our God our Father be.

God says -

_"You can rest in My promise of eternal life, for I cannot lie."_ *Titus 1:2*

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2022 (Anglican Communion) by emynike2001(m): 6:26am On Jun 04, 2022

*DATE:* SATURDAY, 4TH JUNE, 2022
*THEME:* ALL TO GOD’S GLORY

*TEXT:* EXODUS 14: 1-9

1. And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying,
2. Speak unto the children of Israel, that they turn and encamp before Pihahiroth, between Migdol and the sea, over against Baalzephon: before it shall ye encamp by the sea.
3. For Pharaoh will say of the children of Israel, They are entangled in the land, the wilderness hath shut them in.
4. And I will harden Pharaoh's heart, that he shall follow after them; and I will be honored upon Pharaoh, and upon all his host; that the Egyptians may know that I am the LORD. And they did so.
5. And it was told the king of Egypt that the people fled: and the heart of Pharaoh and of his servants was turned against the people, and they said, Why have we done this, that we have let Israel go from serving us?
6. And he made ready his chariot, and took his people with him:
7. And he took six hundred chosen chariots, and all the chariots of Egypt, and captains over every one of them.
8. And the LORD hardened the heart of Pharaoh king of Egypt, and he pursued after the children of Israel: and the children of Israel went out with an high hand.
9. But the Egyptians pursued after them, all the horses and chariots of Pharaoh, and his horsemen, and his army, and overtook them encamping by the sea, beside Pihahiroth, before Baalzephon.

Sometimes after mountain experiences, we may experience what may seem as a reversal, an apparent rage or victory of the enemy. This scenario occurred when Pharaoh, with his military might, turned again to pursue and eventually overtook Israel (vv. 8-9) after Israel’s overwhelming joy of deliverance from slavery of over 400 years, through the mighty hands of the living God. However, the Lord said that He allowed Pharaoh’s heart to be hardened so as to gain glory for Himself - that the Egyptians might know that He is the Lord (v.4). This could have generated a lot of questions, worries and doubts in the minds of the Israelites, like any of us.

The victories, breakthroughs and landmarks that God gives us should be sources of encouragement to us in future challenges. Also, challenges or oppositions that sometimes come our way should not shake off our faith in the ability of God. They are all for God’s glory. Elijah, that great man of God, experienced similar situations (1Kg. 18 & 19:1-5). Other notable men of God like Jeremiah, Elisha, Paul, etc., also experienced challenging situations. Let us not allow discouragement to overwhelm us in difficult situations, to the point of abandoning our faith to turn back to captivity or degenerate to making negative utterances. God is working out His purposes and victory is assured.

Lord keep me faithful even in times of stiff opposition by the enemy. Amen.

God says -

_"My love is everlasting and My faithfulness extends to all generations."_ *Psalm 100:5*

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2022 (Anglican Communion) by emynike2001(m): 7:22am On Jun 05, 2022
Date: 2022-06-05

�TOPIC: PENTECOST (WHITE) SUNDAY

✝️�TEXT: Acts 2:1-21 (NKJV)

1. When the Day of Pentecost had fully come, they were all with one accord in one place.
2. And suddenly there came a sound from heaven, as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled the whole house where they were sitting.
3. Then there appeared to them divided tongues, as of fire, and [one] sat upon each of them.
4. And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.
5. And there were dwelling in Jerusalem Jews, devout men, from every nation under heaven.
6. And when this sound occurred, the multitude came together, and were confused, because everyone heard them speak in his own language.
7. Then they were all amazed and marveled, saying to one another, "Look, are not all these who speak Galileans?
8. "And how [is it that] we hear, each in our own language in which we were born?
9. "Parthians and Medes and Elamites, those dwelling in Mesopotamia, Judea and Cappadocia, Pontus and Asia,
10. "Phrygia and Pamphylia, Egypt and the parts of Libya adjoining Cyrene, visitors from Rome, both Jews and proselytes,
11. "Cretans and Arabs -- we hear them speaking in our own tongues the wonderful works of God."
12. So they were all amazed and perplexed, saying to one another, "Whatever could this mean?"
13. Others mocking said, "They are full of new wine."
14. But Peter, standing up with the eleven, raised his voice and said to them, "Men of Judea and all who dwell in Jerusalem, let this be known to you, and heed my words.
15. "For these are not drunk, as you suppose, since it is [only] the third hour of the day.
16. "But this is what was spoken by the prophet Joel:
17. 'And it shall come to pass in the last days, says God, That I will pour out of My Spirit on all flesh; Your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, Your young men shall see visions, Your old men shall dream dreams.
18. And on My menservants and on My maidservants I will pour out My Spirit in those days; And they shall prophesy.
19. I will show wonders in heaven above And signs in the earth beneath: Blood and fire and vapor of smoke.
20. The sun shall be turned into darkness, And the moon into blood, Before the coming of the great and awesome day of the LORD.
21. And it shall come to pass [That] whoever calls on the name of the LORD Shall be saved.'

✝️�️STUDY: Pentecost means “fiftieth” because this feast was held fifty days after the feast of fruits (Lev. 23:15-22). The calendar of the Jewish feast in Leviticus 23 pictures the outline of the work of Jesus Christ. The Passover pictured His death as the Lamb of God (Jn. 1:29; 1 Cor. 5:7), and the feast of first fruit pictures His resurrection from the dead (1Cor. 15:20-23). Fifty days after first Fruits is the feast of Pentecost, which represents the formation of the Church.

At Pentecost, the Jews celebrated the giving of the law. Christians celebrate it to commemorate the giving of the Holy Spirit to the Church. The feast of the First Fruits took place the day after the Sabbath following the Passover, which means it was always on the first day of the week (Sabbath being the 7th day). Jesus arose from the dead on the first day of the week and “became the first fruit of them that slept” (1Cor. 15:20).

Now, since Pentecost was fifty days later, seven weeks plus one day depicts the fact that Pentecost took place on the first day of the week. What a great God we serve who aligns everything to His glory. He sent the Holy Spirit to inaugurate the Church and empower believers to continue the work of expanding the work of God among men on earth. (Lk. 24:49; Acts. 1:cool. Are you baptised in the Holy Spirit?

✝️� PRAYER: Lord fill your Church afresh with the Holy Spirit.

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2022 (Anglican Communion) by emynike2001(m): 5:38am On Jun 06, 2022

*DATE:* MONDAY, 6TH JUNE, 2022
*THEME:* NO DISCRIMINATION IN THE CHURCH OF GOD

*TEXT:* ACTS 10: 34-48

34. Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons:
35. But in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him.
36. The word which God sent unto the children of Israel, preaching peace by Jesus Christ: (he is Lord of allsmiley
37. That word, I say, ye know, which was published throughout all Judaea, and began from Galilee, after the baptism which John preached;
38. How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.
39. And we are witnesses of all things which he did both in the land of the Jews, and in Jerusalem; whom they slew and hanged on a tree:
40. Him God raised up the third day, and shewed him openly;
41. Not to all the people, but unto witnesses chosen before God, even to us, who did eat and drink with him after he rose from the dead.
42. And he commanded us to preach unto the people, and to testify that it is he which was ordained of God to be the Judge of quick and dead.
43. To him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins.
44. While Peter yet spake these words, the Holy Ghost fell on all them which heard the word.
45. And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost.
46. For they heard them speak with tongues, and magnify God. Then answered Peter,
47. Can any man forbid water, that these should not be baptized, which have received the Holy Ghost as well as we?
48. And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of the Lord. Then prayed they him to tarry certain days.

Peter, like any other Jew, had many problems, relating with the Gentiles (Gal. 2:11-14). God had to encounter Peter directly in a unique and radical way to deal with that problem (Acts. 10:9-23ff; 45-47) In yesterday’s reading, we saw the coming of the Holy Spirit at Pentecost to empower the disciples to preach the good news of the kingdom of God. After the personal encounter Peter had with the Holy Spirit, Peter became emboldened, and led by the Holy Spirit, visited the house of a notable gentile, Cornelius. Peter began to testify, “I now realise how true it is that God does not show favouritism, but accepts men from every nation who fear Him and do what is right.” This shows that Peter had read about this loving nature of God to all mankind regardless of race, but did not believe or practise it in practical terms.

The church is filled today with all forms of segregation or class distinction between the poor and rich, male and female, educated and illiterate, between races, tribes, caste systems, etc. This ought not to be so. There should be a difference between the Church and the world in these matters. Genuine experience of salvation and infilling of the Holy Spirit breaks all social barriers. _*Are you born again?*_

Pray against all forms of social barriers in the church.

God says —

_"My Word will not return to Me until it accomplishes what I intended."_ *Isaiah 55:10-11*

*EXTRA FOR THE DAY*
*Let brotherly love shared among us

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2022 (Anglican Communion) by emynike2001(m): 6:05am On Jun 07, 2022

*DATE:* TUESDAY, 7TH JUNE, 2022
*THEME:* URGENT NEED FOR FOLLOW-UP

*TEXT:* ACTS 8: 14-17

14. Now when the apostles which were at Jerusalem heard that Samaria had received the word of God, they sent unto them Peter and John:
15. Who, when they were come down, prayed for them, that they might receive the Holy Ghost:
16. (For as yet he was fallen upon none of them: only they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.)
17. Then laid they their hands on them, and they received the Holy Ghost.

Young converts need a lot of assistance from the older ones in the faith. Philip preached the word in Samaria, and many of them became converted. However, there was a challenge of a witch doctor in the land - Simon the sorcerer - who amazed the people of Samaria for a long time through witchcraft (v.11). The Apostles in Jerusalem heard that Samaria had accepted the word of God and they quickly sent Peter and John to them (v.14). When they came, they saw the need to minister to them about the Holy Spirit. The new believers were filled with the Holy Spirit and were encouraged. The sorcerer, Simon, was confronted by the Apostles and he surrendered to the supreme power of the Almighty God (v.24).

The promise of the Holy Spirit is for all believers in Christ (Acts. 2:39). It is very important that young converts should be exposed to the ministry of the Holy Spirit as soon as they begin their journey of faith in Christ. This underscores the need for intentional discipleship. There are many powers of darkness and false doctrines that contend for the faith of the new convert. Let the Church never leave them alone without getting them grounded in the faith.

Pray for new converts in your Church or fellowship to become established in the faith.

God says -

_"When I open My hand, I provide for all that I created."_ *Psalm 145:16*

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2022 (Anglican Communion) by emynike2001(m): 5:58am On Jun 08, 2022
Date: 2022-06-08

�TOPIC: BEWARE OF EGYPT

✝️�TEXT: Exodus 14:10-12 (NKJV)

10. And when Pharaoh drew near, the children of Israel lifted their eyes, and behold, the Egyptians marched after them. So they were very afraid, and the children of Israel cried out to the LORD.
11. Then they said to Moses, "Because [there were] no graves in Egypt, have you taken us away to die in the wilderness? Why have you so dealt with us, to bring us up out of Egypt?
12. "[Is] this not the word that we told you in Egypt, saying, 'Let us alone that we may serve the Egyptians?' For [it would have been] better for us to serve the Egyptians than that we should die in the wilderness."

✝️�️STUDY: Egypt represents the land of slavery, oppression and sorrow. God in a miraculous way, delivered Israel from slavery. It was 430 years of sorrow and misery. It is very surprising that few years after the joy of this mighty deliverance, Israel started wishing that they should have been left in Egypt when challenged by the same Pharaoh. Their hearts were still in Egypt for they said, “What have you done to us by bringing us out of Egypt? Didn’t we say to you in Egypt, leave us alone, let us serve the Egyptians?” (vv. 11-12).

This was very devastating to the leader, Moses. Was it really true that they told Moses to leave them in Egypt? Of course not. This is a reflection of the lives of some believers today. At the point of salvation from sin and satanic bondage, there is great rejoicing. However, when afflictions and troubles come, they begin to compare themselves with their colleagues in the world (v.57). Some when confronted with financial difficulties, wish that they were not Christians, so that they could steal office or church money to solve their problems like their unbelieving friends.

Some are so offended with both God and their leaders that they wish to take permission from God to return to Egypt. Let us beware of an evil heart that lusts after Egyptian lifestyles.

✝️� PRAYER: Pray for victory over every existing temptations and trial.

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2022 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 5:11am On Jun 10, 2022
Date: 2022-06-10

�TOPIC: A NEW SONG!

✝️�TEXT: Exodus 15: 1-2 (NKJV)

1. Then Moses and the children of Israel sang this song to the LORD, and spoke, saying: "I will sing to the LORD, For He has triumphed gloriously! The horse and its rider He has thrown into the sea!
2. The LORD [is] my strength and song, And He has become my salvation; He [is] my God, and I will praise Him; My father's God, and I will exalt Him.

✝️�️STUDY: Songs often spring from a personal unique experience with God. Today’s passage is the first recorded song in the Bible, significantly coming after redemption from bondage. Israel’s sighs (Ex. 2:23) were turned to singing in Exodus 15. Moses did not copy the song from anywhere; it sprang from his experience and inspiration by the Spirit of God.

This hymn of Praise has significant lessons in its four stanzas namely: God’s victory was announced (vv. 1-5); God’s weapons are described (vv. 6-10); God’s character is extolled (vv. 11-16a); and God’s Promises are fulfilled (vv.16a-18). It should be noted that the song exalts God, for the Lord is referred to at least forty-five (45) times in these eighteen verses. Too many songs today, even in some churches, exalt men instead of the person and holy character of God and His wonderful works of power. In our walk with God, we should be attentive enough in the spirit to understand God’s leading through circumstances of life.

This will lead us into a deep personal experience with the Lord, and songs of praises will naturally flow from our hearts to God. In verses 22-27, we again see God passing Israel through a test, and promised that if they would obey him completely, He would take full care of their health and daily provision. Let us also learn to trust the Lord always.
✝️� PRAYER: Sing Praises to God today.

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2022 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 5:41am On Jun 11, 2022

*DATE:* SATURDAY, 11TH JUNE, 2022 _*{St. Barnabas the Apostle}*_
*THEME:* ELEVEN QUALITIES OF APOSTLE BARNABAS

*TEXT:* ACTS 11: 19-30

19. Now they which were scattered abroad upon the persecution that arose about Stephen travelled as far as Phenice, and Cyprus, and Antioch, preaching the word to none but unto the Jews only.
20. And some of them were men of Cyprus and Cyrene, which, when they were come to Antioch, spake unto the Grecians, preaching the LORD Jesus.
21. And the hand of the Lord was with them: and a great number believed, and turned unto the Lord.
22. Then tidings of these things came unto the ears of the church which was in Jerusalem: and they sent forth Barnabas, that he should go as far as Antioch.
23. Who, when he came, and had seen the grace of God, was glad, and exhorted them all, that with purpose of heart they would cleave unto the Lord.
24. For he was a good man, and full of the Holy Ghost and of faith: and much people was added unto the Lord.
25. Then departed Barnabas to Tarsus, for to seek Saul:
26. And when he had found him, he brought him unto Antioch. And it came to pass, that a whole year they assembled themselves with the church, and taught much people. And the disciples were called Christians first in Antioch.
27. And in these days came prophets from Jerusalem unto Antioch.
28. And there stood up one of them named Agabus, and signified by the Spirit that there should be great dearth throughout all the world: which came to pass in the days of Claudius Caesar.
29. Then the disciples, every man according to his ability, determined to send relief unto the brethren which dwelt in Judaea:
30. Which also they did, and sent it to the elders by the hands of Barnabas and Saul.

Barnabas the son of encouragement might not be as popular as Apostle Paul, however, he is notable in the Bible. Barnabas is so trustworthy and grounded in the faith that he was sent as far as Antioch to disciple new converts (v.22). He was a mentor who identified and built up rising stars (vv. 23 & 25); not giving up on ‘rejected’ vessels like John Mark but moulding them under God into veritable instruments (Acts 15:36-41). He was a good man, full of the Holy Spirit and faith (v.24). He was a committed teacher and great giver who devoted a whole year to disciple new converts and also sold his land for the gospel (v.26; Acts 4:36 to 37). Those he mentored were so sound in the faith that people first called them Christians in Antioch (v.26). Barnabas was trusted, with Saul, to deliver relief donated for needy brethren in Judea. He was also an evangelist who engaged in many missionary escapades with Apostle Paul (Acts 13).

Evaluate your life along the above qualities. How committed and trustworthy are you? What level of sacrifice of time and resources are you putting in God’s work? Are you a fire extinguisher of rising stars? Learn from Barnabas. Be filled with the Holy Spirit and allow Him to control you so that you will live a life with divine qualities and produce sound disciples to the glory of God.

Oh God, help us to radiate these godly qualities of Apostle Barnabas. Amen.

God says -

_"I made you holy by the once for all sacrifice of My Son, Jesus Christ."_ *Hebrews 10:10*
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2022 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 7:24am On Jun 12, 2022
Date: 2022-06-12

*Trinity Sunday*

�TOPIC: DIVINE BLESSINGS FOR BELIEVERS

✝️�TEXT: Ephesians 1:3-14 (NKJV)

3. Blessed [be] the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly [places] in Christ,
4. just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love,
5. having predestined us to adoption as sons by Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the good pleasure of His will,
6. to the praise of the glory of His grace, by which He has made us accepted in the Beloved.
7. In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of His grace
8. which He made to abound toward us in all wisdom and prudence,
9. having made known to us the mystery of His will, according to His good pleasure which He purposed in Himself,
10. that in the dispensation of the fullness of the times He might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven and which are on earth -- in Him.
11. In Him also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestined according to the purpose of Him who works all things according to the counsel of His will,
12. that we who first trusted in Christ should be to the praise of His glory.
13. In Him you also [trusted,] after you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation; in whom also, having believed, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise,
14. who is the guarantee of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, to the praise of His glory.

✝️�️STUDY

Every post in life has benefits and appurtenances attached to it. Similarly, today’s passage enumerates divine blessings for believers in Christ. Firstly, we are blessed with EVERY spiritual blessing available in heavenly places (v.3).

We are specially selected by God and set apart exclusively in Him. We are accepted, forgiven and adopted as sons to be holy and guiltless, with legal access to the countless treasures of God’s grace. His glorious grace has delivered and redeemed us from sin, bondages, curses and limitations. He gave us the privilege to know, decode His plans and unravel mysteries concerning our families, the Church, nations and generations. He also gave us His Holy Spirit as a guarantee of our inheritance in anticipation of eternal life in future.

So why are you still wallowing in sin, guilt, curses and bondages, when your redemption has been provided? Why are you at the confusing crossroads of decision when you have divine access to God’s wisdom and intelligence? Why are you seeking seers and false prophets when you can decode God’s will concerning every area of your life? Arise, actively possess and appropriate your inheritance in Christ. Contend with anything that is preventing you from accessing God’s provision so that you can fulfil God’s plan for you in Jesus’ name.

✝️� PRAYER: Oh God, please help me to understand and fully appropriate the divine blessings for all believers in Jesus’ name.

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2022 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 6:42am On Jun 13, 2022
Date: 2022-06-13

�TOPIC: UNDERSTANDING HIS GREATNESS

✝️�TEXT: Ephesians 1:15-23 (NKJV)

15. Therefore I also, after I heard of your faith in the Lord Jesus and your love for all the saints,
16. do not cease to give thanks for you, making mention of you in my prayers:
17. that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give to you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of Him,
18. the eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that you may know what is the hope of His calling, what are the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints,
19. and what [is] the exceeding greatness of His power toward us who believe, according to the working of His mighty power
20. which He worked in Christ when He raised Him from the dead and seated [Him] at His right hand in the heavenly [places,]
21. far above all principality and power and might and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this age but also in that which is to come.
22. And He put all [things] under His feet, and gave Him [to be] head over all [things] to the church,
23. which is His body, the fullness of Him who fills all in all.

✝️�️STUDY: The level of knowledge we have affects our behaviour and reactions. A sister’s doctorate degree certificate had errors and was submitted for corrections. The bureaucratic process delayed the process till she became a Professor. She did not understand the powers associated with her new position and went from office-to-office begging for solutions without success till her husband told her: “It seems that you don’t understand who you are. Go to the Dean of the Postgraduate School, lodge your complaint and it will be handled.” She did that and the certificate was given to her that same day.

Apostle Paul in today’s passage prays for us to understand who Jesus is, the hope of His calling, riches of our inheritance in Him and surpassing greatness of His power. Jesus has a positional authority (He is forever, far above all principalities, powers, might, names); He has unchanging rulership status (He is not elected or dethroned); He is Supreme for all things are under His feet, and He is appointed as the Overall Head over all things, His ability to raise the dead and fill all things shows His immeasurable greatness and power. Beloved, what challenge is troubling your life? Pray for today’s revelation to become real in your spirit and faith will arise to combat your mountains in Jesus’ name.

✝️� PRAYER: May my eyes of understanding be enlightened O Lord to know the surpassing greatness of your power and glory.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2022 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 5:22am On Jun 14, 2022

*DATE:* TUESDAY, 14TH JUNE, 2022
*THEME:* THE ACID TEST OF UNRIGHTEOUSNESS

*TEXT:* EPHESIANS 2: 1-3

1. And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins;
2. Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:
3. Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.

Historically, metals are tested with acid to prove whether they are really gold, hence the name acid test. Similarly, today’s passage outlines behaviours that depict a life of sin:
1) Habitual walk-in trespasses and sins 2) Deadness of conscience to sin
3) Obedience to the control of demonic spirits
4) Rebellion to the purposes and words of God
5) Obedience to fleshly impulses, cravings of the senses, mind and imaginations
6) Swaying to the tendencies of the present age.
Such behaviours due to the inherited nature of sin from Adam attracts God’s wrath. Romans 5:10 states that through one man’s (Adam) disobedience, we became sinners and by one man’s (Jesus) obedience, we become righteous.

The acid test of whether you are a candidate of God’s wrath and fiery impending judgment is in whether you are exhibiting one or more of the above listed behaviours. You don’t have to remain that way. The good news is that we have been liberated. God in His rich mercy saved and made us alive, destroyed the powers that held us captive to fleshly impulses, cravings and rebellion towards God. How is your life? Have you received regeneration through the saving power of the Lord Jesus Christ? Repent and invite Jesus into your heart before it is too late. (Read Ezek. 36: 25 to 27)

Into my heart (2x),
Come into my heart, Lord Jesus.
Come in to save,
come in to stay,
Come into my life,
Lord Jesus. *Amen.*

God says -

_"I have anointed you with My Spirit as a down payment of what is yet to come."_ *2 Corinthians 1:21-22*

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2022 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 5:23am On Jun 15, 2022

*DATE:* WEDNESDAY, 15TH JUNE, 2022
*THEME:* SAVED BY HIS LOVE

*TEXT:* EPHESIANS 2: 4-10

4. But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,
5. Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are savedwink
6. And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:
7. That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.
8. For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9. Not of works, lest any man should boast.
10. For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

A story was told of a couple who saw a bird singing. The husband said, “This bird is singing, I love you.” The wife replied, “The latter lines show it, meaning that love should be shown by works.” In today’s passage, God demonstrated His love through different works even when we were dead in sin and underserving of His great love. He quickened, made us alive, transformed and gave us the life of Christ. He delivered us from His judgment and wrath and made us partakers of salvation through Christ (v.5). He raised us from our lowly positions to sit in heavenly places in Christ. He recreated and empowered us to do good works to fit into His divine plan (v.10).

Note that this great salvation is not dependent on fulfilling the law so that no one will boast that His salvation is obtained by works (v.cool. So why are you still wallowing in sin or trusting in your good deeds as a ticket to enter heaven? Romans 3:20 states clearly that salvation cannot be obtained by obedience to the commandments. Repent and tell Jesus to come into your life. He will put His life in you which will empower you to reach His standard of holiness. If you reject this great love, no extra sacrifice will be offered for you (Heb. 10:26).

I repent in dust and ashes, O God, not trusting in my righteousness but in the blood shed on Calvary for my salvation.

God says -

_"Every good gift that you receive comes directly from My hand."_ _*James 1:17*_

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2022 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 5:36am On Jun 16, 2022

*DATE:* THURSDAY, 16TH JUNE, 2022
*THEME:* THE DIVINE STRUCTURE FOR BELIEVERS

*TEXT:* EPHESIANS 2: 11-22

11. Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands;
12. That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:
13. But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.
14. For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;
15. Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;
16. And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby:
17. And came and preached peace to you which were afar off, and to them that were nigh.
18. For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father.
19. Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;
20. And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;
21. In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord:
22. In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.

Architects design building structures consisting of parts fitted to form a complete structure. Similarly, God has a divine structure for all who will repent of their past lives separated from Him, filled with hostilities as well as rivalries and condemned by decrees, ordinances and curses of the law. The characteristics of this divine structure are:
1) Christianity is based on Christ alone and His teachings, meaning that Jesus (not any religious leader) is the only door to salvation. Salvation can only be obtained through the born-again experience (John 3:3; John 1:12; Ezek. 36:25-27).
2) Believers are linked to Apostolic teachings in holiness, forgiveness, salvation by faith alone, evangelism, commitment to service, prayer, fasting, bible study, etc.
3) Daily spiritual growth is compulsory for believers.
4) Believers are interconnected as one building in spite of diversities giftings, environments, etc.
The structure is not divided by gender, tribalism, competition, class or culture.

However, it is unfortunate that many have designed different brands of Christianity which accommodate fleshly lusts, ethnicity, hypocrisy, little or no growth in spiritual things like holiness, prayer, bible study, fasting, evangelism, commitment and even love. They struggle to see whether they will still fit into this divine structure. Unfortunately, this is merely an exercise in futility because the foundation of the Lord stands sure with unchanging defined patterns. Be warned lest you become a castaway!

Lord, please help me not to deviate from Your unchanging divine pattern for Your children. _*Amen.*_

God says -

_"Nothing will be impossible for those who have even a little faith."_ _*Matthew 17:19-20*_
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2022 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 6:08am On Jun 17, 2022
Date: 2022-06-17

�TOPIC: DIVINE MYSTERY UNFOLDED

✝️�TEXT: Ephesians 3:1-13 (NKJV)

1. For this reason I, Paul, the prisoner of Christ Jesus for you Gentiles --
2. if indeed you have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which was given to me for you,
3. how that by revelation He made known to me the mystery (as I have briefly written already,
4. by which, when you read, you may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ),
5. which in other ages was not made known to the sons of men, as it has now been revealed by the Spirit to His holy apostles and prophets:
6. that the Gentiles should be fellow heirs, of the same body, and partakers of His promise in Christ through the gospel,
7. of which I became a minister according to the gift of the grace of God given to me by the effective working of His power.
8. To me, who am less than the least of all the saints, this grace was given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ,
9. and to make all see what [is] the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the ages has been hidden in God who created all things through Jesus Christ;
10. to the intent that now the manifold wisdom of God might be made known by the church to the principalities and powers in the heavenly [places,]
11. according to the eternal purpose which He accomplished in Christ Jesus our Lord,
12. in whom we have boldness and access with confidence through faith in Him.
13. Therefore I ask that you do not lose heart at my tribulations for you, which is your glory.

✝️�️STUDY: In today’s passage, Apostle Paul shares a divine mystery that we as Gentiles will now become fellow heirs with Jews, members of the same body and joint partakers of the same divine promise in Christ when we accept the gospel. This shows God’s provision for the salvation of all men. This revealed mystery includes that through the Church, the many facets of God’s wisdom will be made known to the principalities and powers. In addition, faith in Christ alone grants both Jews and Gentiles free access to God without fear. Paul was a minister to the Gentiles and he suffered to communicate this mystery (vv. 2 &13).

Have you received this gospel of salvation through faith in Christ or are you still wallowing in sin? Jesus paid for your salvation with His blood and Paul and many others suffered dearly to bring this message to you. Hebrews 2:3 says, how shall we escape if we neglect so great a salvation offered to us, for it was declared at first by the Lord Himself, confirmed and proved to be real and genuine by those who personally heard Him speak? God is also ready to use you like Paul even if you consider yourself as the least of all (v.cool. He is waiting for you; come and receive the gospel of Christ and it shall be well with you.

✝️� PRAYER: Father thank you for your plan of salvation for all men. I surrender my life to your divine plan. Amen.

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2022 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 6:16am On Jun 18, 2022

*DATE:* SATURDAY, 18TH JUNE, 2022
*THEME:* THE ALL-SURPASSING GOD

*TEXT:* EPHESIANS 3: 14-21

14. For this cause I bow my knees unto the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,
15. Of whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named,
16. That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man;
17. That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love,
18. May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height;
19. And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God.
20. Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us,
21. Unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen.

My last child shook the hands of the Vice Chancellor who visited their school. He displayed his hands with great joy and announced that he had become special for attaining such a feat. Today’s passage describes some characteristics of the all-surpassing God: He is the Father of all fathers with a rich treasury of grace to strengthen all men (vv. 15-16); His power can do far above all that we dare ask or think (v.20); His ability transcends beyond our highest prayers, desires, thoughts, hopes or dreams. He is able to give us the nations and uttermost parts of the earth for our possession (Psa.1:cool.

What should be our response to this all-surpassing God? My little boy was filled with joy and boldness that he encountered royalty. If you understand the greatness of this God, the mountains confronting you will diminish in your thoughts, and your faith and courage will rise above them. Your real concern should be to become more intimate with Him in personal prayers and fasting, dedicated daily Bible study with meditation to the intent that your heart and body will become wholly filled and saturated by Him. You will discover that He is greater than the greatest and stronger than the strongest. His all-surpassing power and greatness will do more than you have been asking or thinking in Jesus’ name.

O God, I acknowledge Your supremacy over my challenging situations and stand in faith above them in Jesus’ name, _*Amen.*_

God says -

_"I will reveal My secrets to those who fear Me."_ _*Psalm 25:14*_

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2022 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 5:06am On Jun 19, 2022
Date: 2022-06-19

*1st Sunday after Trinity*

�TOPIC: PUT OFF AND ON

✝️�TEXT: I Peter 2:1-10 (NKJV)

1. Therefore, laying aside all malice, all deceit, hypocrisy, envy, and all evil speaking,
2. as newborn babes, desire the pure milk of the word, that you may grow thereby,
3. if indeed you have tasted that the Lord [is] gracious.
4. Coming to Him [as to] a living stone, rejected indeed by men, but chosen by God [and] precious,
5. you also, as living stones, are being built up a spiritual house, a holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ.
6. Therefore it is also contained in the Scripture, "Behold, I lay in Zion A chief cornerstone, elect, precious, And he who believes on Him will by no means be put to shame."
7. Therefore, to you who believe, [He is] precious; but to those who are disobedient, "The stone which the builders rejected Has become the chief cornerstone,"
8. and "A stone of stumbling And a rock of offense." They stumble, being disobedient to the word, to which they also were appointed.
9. But you [are] a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, His own special people, that you may proclaim the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light;
10. who once [were] not a people but [are] now the people of God, who had not obtained mercy but now have obtained mercy.

✝️�️STUDY: Apostle Peter outlines the requirements for believers, starting with behaviours to be put off before putting on. The things to be put off include every trace of wickedness, depravity, malignity, deceit, insincerity, pretense, hypocrisy, grudges, envy, jealousy, slander and all sorts of evil-speaking.

After this, the believer is expected to develop an innate desire and daily thirst for the unadulterated word of God for his spiritual growth; he is to put on a habit of coming to God in prayer and worship to offer spiritual sacrifices which is acceptable to God.

Spiritual stagnancy is not expected of a believer. He is to grow and be built up daily as a spiritual house. He is expected to rely on and trust in Jesus as he lives like a chosen generation and as dedicated royal priests, specially chosen to display the virtues and perfections of God through his lives.

Have you put off the evil works of darkness listed in verse one of our text? Are you building up your spiritual life through daily disciplined Bible study, meditation on the word and prayer? Is your life radiating the glorious virtues of God like holiness, faith, commitment and love? Remember that those who disobey and disbelieve will stumble and be disappointed at the end (vv. 7-cool. Beware and obey before it is too late.

✝️� PRAYER: O God, please help me to put off behaviours that are displeasing to you and live a life that will glorify you in Jesus’ name.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Catholic Tradition Above The Bible: Is That Safe? / Why You Shouldn't Wait To See Hell Fire First Before You Believe That It Exists / Endtimes : Commonsense Reasons Why Jesus Returns Before 2040 - Don Koenig

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 272
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.