Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,825 members, 7,820,903 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:36 AM

My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt - Family (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt (44934 Views)

My Wife Poisoned My Food But Thank God I Survived - Nigerian Man Reveals / Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt / Benue Girl, Adoo Eugenia Ter Surprises Her Mother With A Car (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by descartes400: 4:52pm On Jan 03, 2022
tradepunter:

When it comes to investigation you look at probable cause... The situations revolving around it, the environment and probability...

If x will trigger y at certain threshold... Then it will be logical to ensure conditions that will drive x should be controlled.

As long the conditions is controlled subject will be fine and less vulnerable.

So this could be were the lapses set in or we could also include error in assement of the medical guys during emergency section.

The chart with every possible metrics and variables I constructed points to probable cause of error from one of the several parties involved.

If x will trigger y at certain threshold... Then it will be logical to ensure conditions that will drive x should be controlled.

As long the conditions is controlled subject will be fine and less vulnerable

Exactly!
It directly points to her culpability!

1 Like

Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by newdawn2017(f): 5:20pm On Jan 03, 2022
yemi1504:

My exact opinion too! The two worst people to live with are those that are either negligent by being lazy or wicked in my opinion.
If she was a nurse or doctor, such negligence can't be overlooked. There Sha heavy penalties & jailterm of cause _ license revoked.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by yemi1504: 6:11pm On Jan 03, 2022
newdawn2017:
If she was a nurse or doctor, such negligence can't be overlooked. There Sha heavy penalties & jailterm of cause _ license revoked.

You can say that again! Especially in saner climes!
Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by kazyhm(m): 7:25pm On Jan 03, 2022
descartes400:

The bolded from your statement may be catchy to the eyes but I find it ambiguous and wrong at the same time as it tends to lay the blame squarely on men when things goes awry! It like saying the consequences arising from the bad decisions of women are the results of the failures of men! HABA MANA!!

At the bolded is correct to a very large extent....men fight for, defend and support their daughters, sisters and mother irrespective of their errors and incompetence.
In a nutshell, men indulge women and women understand this hence they behave irrationally without consequences

Take for example, if you're trying to slut shame a gal and she dragged your mom or sister into such an argument, you'll immediately feel uneasy...men are either compassionately or foolishly bias when it comes to women.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by aalangel(f): 7:56pm On Jan 03, 2022
Danisbrosautos:

This is the only thing you picked out from what I typed. God help you. Amen.

And you too.
Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by Petyr1: 8:54pm On Jan 03, 2022
IjapaTiroko:
I honestly believe your instincts are right about your wife being intentionally wicked. She is most likely aware that much salt will kill your mom a d she went ahead with it. I'm pretty sure that she wouldn't do that to her mom.

Whatever decision you make , be rest assured she can do the same to you if the need arises.

People commenting that you should forgive will most likely NOT forgive if they are in your shoes.

Also, don't try to ask her why or look for closure, cuz that's a window for manipulation which you will regret later because you'll be in more deep shit which will lead to your holding bigger grudges.

Save your mom, and save yourself
I so much love this comment unlike Those idiots saying its laziness. She can never try that with her own mother

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by AkaraAndBread: 11:06am On Jan 04, 2022
Karleb:

Na you Sabi o.

Maybe you know better than the practitioners that told the old woman to use as little salt as possible in the first place.

Firstly, the wife love excess salt according to the story and the man claimed the wife lied he fed mama with salt laced meal just twice. Who knows the knows the amount of slalt laden meals the old woman consumed?

If you don't know high blood pressure could lead to seizure and some other diseases which could lead to death, then I don't know what to say.

You can as well provide us the non-hogwash version of the story. Wale Adenuga!

Sorry Chief. You know best. Who am I to question your sagacity?

Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by Karleb(m): 11:43am On Jan 04, 2022
AkaraAndBread:

Sorry Chief. You know best. Who am I to question your sagacity?

Comrade, rest.
Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by AkaraAndBread: 2:24pm On Jan 04, 2022
Karleb:

Comrade, rest.

Who be your comrade??

Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by Karleb(m): 2:54pm On Jan 04, 2022
AkaraAndBread:

Who be your comrade??

Who be your chief? undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by AkaraAndBread: 4:14pm On Jan 04, 2022
Karleb:

Who be your chief? undecided

No be you dey teach me before? You come dey come down to my level dey call me comrade again?

Na hail I dey hail you now. É ma binú.

Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by Karleb(m): 4:46pm On Jan 04, 2022
AkaraAndBread:

No be you dey teach me before? You come dey come down to my level dey call me comrade again?

Na hail I dey hail you now. É ma binú.

I no teach you anything, na you be the professor. If you no believe, check your mentions.

No dey hail me if money no dey involved.
Na new year we dey abeg! undecided
Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by AkaraAndBread: 4:56pm On Jan 04, 2022
Karleb:

I no teach you anything, na you be the professor. If you no believe, check your mentions.

No dey hail me if money no dey involved.
Na new year we dey abeg! undecided

As you come dey school me I think say you be Professor for Cardiology na why I humble.

Anyways, I drop comment for another of your post. Read it in good faith and forgive my previous sarcasm.

E dey pain me for body when I hear say diabetic or hypertensive die. (It's personal).

For UK you go see diabetic or hypertensive patient wey don reach 90 something years and has been diabetic/hypertensive for 30 years, yet still alive and kicking.

In Nigeria they are dying like chickens (eg this "salt case" ) because of IGNORANCE!

Most patients/patient relatives no wan learn. If you try to correct the wrong impression they have , na problem. Best thing to do na to dey flatter dem dey go. When month end reach, you collect your salary.
Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by sisisioge: 6:01pm On Jan 04, 2022
Theonlysonofher:
Unfortunately my sweet mother left us

Wow! So sorry to hear this! Chai! What a sad situation for al of you. Your wife will never forgive herself, this will always be an underlying issue between you....chai! It is well. May God rest mama well. Chai....she had less than one month to take care of her and ended up killing her....chai!

Biko still no vex. She must be besides herself with regret at the moment. Just think about it as an inevitable thing that would happen to mama and find a way to forgive her. It is really well. May God soften your heart.
Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by Hangulsaram: 3:34am On Jan 05, 2022
BRATISLAVA:

A sad story.

But what stopped your mother from saying that the food was salty? What stopped her? You've painted the picture that she cannot speak. Is she disabled? Your wife didn't deliberately set out to kill her. You're exaggerating for reasons best known to yourself. Talk to her and find out what truly happened. Unless you know it was the doctor who was giving her the food, since he knows everything that happened.

Let's hear the wife's side of the story.
Just listen to yourself, an old woman on a sick bed who has no option but to eat what was given to her and also may not want to cause trouble b/w her son and the wife. Like someone says here knowledge is also important you think if the woman has the knowledge of the implications of eating that food, she would prefer to starve to death instead. Micheal Jackson’s personal doctor is in jail today because of negligence on his side. So you don’t know that this DIL a an go to jail for negligence and manslaughter.
@ Beremx,
You would n’t quote Oyibo’s now. She simple killed the woman out of negligence so all of you here talking trash should stop defending evil.
@ SoundOsonic
Just read the nonsense epistle you type there.
I’m not saying the man should not forgive his wife, the deed has been done but let condemn evil and teach people to be careful with other people especially when their life is involve.
Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by BRATISLAVA: 7:01am On Jan 05, 2022
Hangulsaram:

Just listen to yourself, an old woman on a sick bed who has no option but to eat what was given to her and also may not want to cause trouble b/w her son and the wife. Like someone says here knowledge is also important you think if the woman has the knowledge of the implications of eating that food, she would prefer to starve to death instead. Micheal Jackson’s personal doctor is in jail today because of negligence on his side. So you don’t know that this DIL a an go to jail for negligence and manslaughter.
@ Beremx,
You would n’t quote Oyibo’s now. She simple killed the woman out of negligence so all of you here talking trash should stop defending evil.
@ SoundOsonic
Just read the nonsense epistle you type there.
I’m not saying the man should not forgive his wife, the deed has been done but let condemn evil and teach people to be careful with other people especially when their life is involve.

Listen to yourself.

Why didn't his mother talk? She was not in her sick bed when she ate the food. She was simply not to eat salty or sugary foods. Why didn't his mother tell her that the food is salty and remind her about her dietary restrictions?

You people are being unnecessarily emotional. Perhaps there's a reason you want his wife to suffer for a mistake that even the man himself could make, because all his mother had to do was remind her. After all, she was talking to the doctor. The doctor didn't magically know what happened to her. The mother told him. Why couldn't she tell her daughter in law? That's something the OP is avoiding while trying to demonize his wife.

What trouble could she cause calling her son to tell him since you say his wife has horns and fire oozing from her mouth, as the scary demon she is?

There's a lot the OP has not said in his story.

I sympathize with his mother, though. But she has to speak out. This is her health that is at stake. No time to fear who she will offend by asking for less salt in her food.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by AmazonTopaz(f): 8:42am On Jan 05, 2022
BRATISLAVA:

Listen to yourself.

Why didn't his mother talk? She was not in her sick bed when she ate the food. She was simply not to eat salty or sugary foods. Why didn't his mother tell her that the food is salty and remind her about her dietary restrictions?

You people are being unnecessarily emotional. Perhaps there's a reason you want his wife to suffer for a mistake that even the man himself could make, because all his mother had to do was remind her. After all, she was talking to the doctor. The doctor didn't magically know what happened to her. The mother told him. Why couldn't she tell her daughter in law? That's something the OP is avoiding while trying to demonize his wife.

What trouble could she cause calling her son to tell him since you say his wife has horns and fire oozing from her mouth, as the scary demon she is?

I sympathize with his mother, though. But she has to speak out. This is her health that is at stake. No time to fear who she will offend by asking for less salt in her food.

The OP said the mom passed away, unfortunately
Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by BRATISLAVA: 10:28am On Jan 05, 2022
AmazonTopaz:

The OP said the mom passed away, unfortunately

That's truly sad.

Wishing the OP and his wife strength. He may want to have an autopsy performed to put his mind at rest.
Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by wirinet(m): 10:45am On Jan 05, 2022
BRATISLAVA:

Listen to yourself.

This is the question I am surprised others others are not asking. Why didn't his mother complain to the son that the food the wife was serving was too salty? Was she incapacitated and unable to speak and so had to be force fed?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by AmazonTopaz(f): 10:46am On Jan 05, 2022
BRATISLAVA:

That's truly sad.

Wishing the OP and his wife strength. He may want to have an autopsy performed to put his mind at rest.

The OP opened a thread without enough proof and set his mind that his wife poisoned his mother with salt (funny) and now the mother is dead I find it difficult to see him forgiving her even with an autopsy done,I fault the doctor for mentioning salt or that the salt was given more than twice which is what the wife stated and the doctor disagreed.

I don't think this marriage can go back to normal the man is angry with his wife and the wife is blaming herself for what happened to Mama.

I don't think the doctor acted right and the man was ignorant to think that salt could poison someone,I don't know how that marriage survives but they need an autopsy done to set things in place.

May God give them the fortitude to bear this loss.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by Ungodly: 9:20am On Jan 09, 2022
Theonlysonofher:
While others are celebrating the new year today I am here sobbing because my marriage is at the verge of breaking.

I loved my wife with all my heart but I don't think I will ever forgive her for what she has done to my mother.

I am the only child of my mother. I have three sisters on my father's side.
I am married with two beautiful daughters. my mother suffered from diabetes, bp and high cholesterol. She is on a special diets strictly no salt or too much sugar.

She came to stay with me because the person who was taking care of her wasn't doing her job properly so I had to bring her to my house so I will be monitoring her health.

I have a house help who prepares all her meals with less salt and she also makes sure she takes her medicines on time without fail.
Everything was fine, my mother is not a troublesome person, she gets on well with my wife and most of the time she is in her room resting.

On the 20th of December my house help had traveled to the village to see her people and she will be back in January 4th so my wife and I have to take care of my mother making sure that her foods is less salty and medicines on time.

Since I am always working so my wife had to take most of the responsibility. It is only for a week and fews days until the house help is back.

She had agreed to take care of my mother during this periods of time and I thought everything was fine but I noticed my mother become distant and tired unlike her and I had no idea that she was actually dying and I have never suspected that my wife was maltreating her.

So Thursday being 30th December I was at work when my wife called and asked me to join her at the hospital because mama had a seizure.

I rushed to the hospital and my mother was in a coma state and I asked her what happened to mama, she said mama woke up that morning complaining about shortage of breath and she told her to go back to bed and rest hoping she will be fine by the time she will wake up.
Only for mama to fall off the ground and started shaking with foam coming out of her mouth.

I was in panicked I couldn't stop praying for my mother to get better and I didn't leave the hospital, my wife went home to take care of the children because she has left them with the neighbour and I had spend all night prayer vigil at my mother's bedside and glory be to God my mother woke up yesterday being 31st but the doctor report was not a good news for me.

Actually my mother was poisoned with salt and guess who did it? My beloved wife couldn't bothered to cook a different meal for my mother, she used to feed her the same meal we ate knowing full well that mama cannot eat the same foods as us because we are salt lovers, especially my wife, she love eating too much salt which I have warned her over and over again because it is also not good for her health.

I confronted her, she said she only fed mama the same meals we ate twice only but according to the doctor it was more than two times.

I am hurt that my wife doesnt love my mother or treat her like her own mother because if she truly loved her like her own mother she would have put her diet on consideration and not allow her to eat the same meal as us. I love her mother and u treat her like my own mother.

It pains me a lot when I remember five years ago when her mother was in coma state and she was staying with her at the hospital, she is her only daughter amongst three boys.

I used to visit them everyday after work, I will bring foods and I have even washed her mother clothes with my own hands, I have done with love because she is my mother. I called my mother in law this morning and I have informed her about what her daughter has done to my mother and she couldn't stop apologising and she is very disappointed with my wife.

But see how she has repaid me by hurting my own mother.

She has apologised to me and to my mother, I have forgave her but I don't think I can stay with her again because one day if I become sick or bedridden she might treat me the same way.

Honestly speaking I am not even at home with her and the kids, I am at my cousin brother's house since yesterday I left the hospital and my mother is still in the hospital because she needs more treatment and hopefully she will recover by next week.

I don't feel like going home today and I don't know when I'll go home but I will always be there for my girls because they are the best thing that ever happened to me.

What other advice would you give me on this situation? What are your thoughts? Thank you for reading all I love this community.

This shit is hard asf, heard your mom later died… I bet she knew the reason why she came to live with you guys in the first place was to get proper care which she lacked when she was at her place being taken care of by an house help, and the proper care includes, eating less salt which your wife knowingly or unknowingly ignored. What i know is, if i did that much for my mother in law while she was sick and my own mom died due to my wife negligence omo, shit is going to break me, shattered my heart into pieces…, people are saying forgive and forget like it’s that easy, I know maybe that is the best thing to do but there’s a Yoruba adage that says “eni ija o de ba lo ma n pe ara e l’okunrin” sorry if you don’t understand Yoruba.
Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by SatanTheDeviLL: 2:32am On Jan 10, 2022
Winnerly:

Yes. No one gets away with anything
one of the armed robbers burnt already. Remaining bigcowhorn and chibudollar
Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by Bigcowhorn: 5:20am On Jan 10, 2022
SatanTheDeviLL:
one of the armed robbers burnt already. Remaining bigcowhorn and chibudollar

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

How Can I Ask A Friend To Leave My House In A Good Way? / Lady Gives Birth To Triplets ... Shares Lovely Pictures / Nigerian Dad Squandered Money Son Sent From Abroad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.