Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,818 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:41 AM

My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt (44916 Views)

My Wife Poisoned My Food But Thank God I Survived - Nigerian Man Reveals / Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt / Benue Girl, Adoo Eugenia Ter Surprises Her Mother With A Car (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by Beermoney1: 8:19am On Jan 02, 2022
Let's say you are so angry with your wife and you get a divorce. You would be creating issues for your kids who will be raised in a broken home and they would never forgive you.

Walk it off, caution her. She put salt not poison dont make it more dramatic than it should be. She made a very Terrible mistake which I am sure she is sorry for.

6 Likes

Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by LordGuru1: 9:15am On Jan 02, 2022
Hope it's not the lastest Covid! Very real evil! Please, don't watch the Video below if you are easily afraid.
shocked Soon to take over, see the first real latest Deadliest Covid:
https://rumble.com/vqc7s5-what-is-the-mark-what-is-666.html

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by mediainc: 9:16am On Jan 02, 2022
Make sure you are being good to a good soul, a lazy, non chalant selfish woman deserve no husband.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by BRATISLAVA: 9:17am On Jan 02, 2022
Theonlysonofher:
While others are celebrating the new year today I am here sobbing because my marriage is at the verge of breaking.

I loved my wife with all my heart but I don't think I will ever forgive her for what she has done to my mother.

I am the only child of my mother. I have three sisters on my father's side.
I am married with two beautiful daughters. my mother suffered from diabetes, bp and high cholesterol. She is on a special diets strictly no salt or too much sugar.

She came to stay with me because the person who was taking care of her wasn't doing her job properly so I had to bring her to my house so I will be monitoring her health.

I have a house help who prepares all her meals with less salt and she also makes sure she takes her medicines on time without fail.
Everything was fine, my mother is not a troublesome person, she gets on well with my wife and most of the time she is in her room resting.

On the 20th of December my house help had traveled to the village to see her people and she will be back in January 4th so my wife and I have to take care of my mother making sure that her foods is less salty and medicines on time.

Since I am always working so my wife had to take most of the responsibility. It is only for a week and fews days until the house help is back.

She had agreed to take care of my mother during this periods of time and I thought everything was fine but I noticed my mother become distant and tired unlike her and I had no idea that she was actually dying and I have never suspected that my wife was maltreating her.

So Thursday being 30th December I was at work when my wife called and asked me to join her at the hospital because mama had a seizure.

I rushed to the hospital and my mother was in a coma state and I asked her what happened to mama, she said mama woke up that morning complaining about shortage of breath and she told her to go back to bed and rest hoping she will be fine by the time she will wake up.
Only for mama to fall off the ground and started shaking with foam coming out of her mouth.

I was in panicked I couldn't stop praying for my mother to get better and I didn't leave the hospital, my wife went home to take care of the children because she has left them with the neighbour and I had spend all night prayer vigil at my mother's bedside and glory be to God my mother woke up yesterday being 31st but the doctor report was not a good news for me.

Actually my mother was poisoned with salt and guess who did it? My beloved wife couldn't bothered to cook a different meal for my mother, she used to feed her the same meal we ate knowing full well that mama cannot eat the same foods as us because we are salt lovers, especially my wife, she love eating too much salt which I have warned her over and over again because it is also not good for her health.

I confronted her, she said she only fed mama the same meals we ate twice only but according to the doctor it was more than two times.

I am hurt that my wife doesnt love my mother or treat her like her own mother because if she truly loved her like her own mother she would have put her diet on consideration and not allow her to eat the same meal as us. I love her mother and u treat her like my own mother.

It pains me a lot when I remember five years ago when her mother was in coma state and she was staying with her at the hospital, she is her only daughter amongst three boys.

I used to visit them everyday after work, I will bring foods and I have even washed her mother clothes with my own hands, I have done with love because she is my mother. I called my mother in law this morning and I have informed her about what her daughter has done to my mother and she couldn't stop apologising and she is very disappointed with my wife.

But see how she has repaid me by hurting my own mother.

She has apologised to me and to my mother, I have forgave her but I don't think I can stay with her again because one day if I become sick or bedridden she might treat me the same way.

Honestly speaking I am not even at home with her and the kids, I am at my cousin brother's house since yesterday I left the hospital and my mother is still in the hospital because she needs more treatment and hopefully she will recover by next week.

I don't feel like going home today and I don't know when I'll go home but I will always be there for my girls because they are the best thing that ever happened to me.

What other advice would you give me on this situation? What are your thoughts? Thank you for reading all I love this community.

A sad story.

But what stopped your mother from saying that the food was salty? What stopped her? You've painted the picture that she cannot speak. Is she disabled? Your wife didn't deliberately set out to kill her. You're exaggerating for reasons best known to yourself. Talk to her and find out what truly happened. Unless you know it was the doctor who was giving her the food, since he knows everything that happened.

Let's hear the wife's side of the story.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by aktolly54(m): 9:18am On Jan 02, 2022
Yinkakolawole:
Whatever a man sow he will reap, just leave her in the hands of GOD.
so op should let it slide? Hmm....
Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by Berankis: 9:19am On Jan 02, 2022
Theonlysonofher:
While others are celebrating the new year today I am here sobbing because my marriage is at the verge of breaking.

I loved my wife with all my heart but I don't think I will ever forgive her for what she has done to my mother.

I am married with two beautiful daughters. my mother suffered from diabetes, bp and high cholesterol. She is on a special diets strictly no salt or too much sugar.

She came to stay with me because the person who was taking care of her wasn't doing her job properly so I had to bring her to my house so I will be monitoring her health.

I have a house help who prepares all her meals with less salt and she also makes sure she takes her medicines on time without fail.
Everything was fine, my mother is not a troublesome person, she gets on well with my wife and most of the time she is in her room resting.

On the 20th of December my house help had traveled to the village to see her people and she will be back in January 4th so my wife and I have to take care of my mother making sure that her foods is less salty and medicines on time.

Since I am always working so my wife had to take most of the responsibility. It is only for a week and fews days until the house help is back.

She had agreed to take care of my mother during this periods of time and I thought everything was fine but I noticed my mother become distant and tired unlike her and I had no idea that she was actually dying and I have never suspected that my wife was maltreating her.

So Thursday being 30th December I was at work when my wife called and asked me to join her at the hospital because mama had a seizure.

I rushed to the hospital and my mother was in a coma state and I asked her what happened to mama, she said mama woke up that morning complaining about shortage of breath and she told her to go back to bed and rest hoping she will be fine by the time she will wake up.
Only for mama to fall off the ground and started shaking with foam coming out of her mouth.

I was in panicked I couldn't stop praying for my mother to get better and I didn't leave the hospital, my wife went home to take care of the children because she has left them with the neighbour and I had spend all night prayer vigil at my mother's bedside and glory be to God my mother woke up yesterday being 31st but the doctor report was not a good news for me.

Actually my mother was poisoned with salt and guess who did it? My beloved wife couldn't bothered to cook a different meal for my mother, she used to feed her the same meal we ate knowing full well that mama cannot eat the same foods as us because we are salt lovers, especially my wife, she love eating too much salt which I have warned her over and over again because it is also not good for her health.

I confronted her, she said she only fed mama the same meals we ate twice only but according to the doctor it was more than two times.

I am hurt that my wife doesnt love my mother or treat her like her own mother because if she truly loved her like her own mother she would have put her diet on consideration and not allow her to eat the same meal as us. I love her mother and u treat her like my own mother.

It pains me a lot when I remember five years ago when her mother was in coma state and she was staying with her at the hospital, she is her only daughter amongst three boys.

I used to visit them everyday after work, I will bring foods and I have even washed her mother clothes with my own hands, I have done with love because she is my mother. I called my mother in law this morning and I have informed her about what her daughter has done to my mother and she couldn't stop apologising and she is very disappointed with my wife.

She has apologised to me and to my mother, I have forgave her but I don't think I can stay with her again because one day if I become sick or bedridden she might treat me the same way.

Honestly speaking I am not even at home with her and the kids, I am at my cousin brother's house since yesterday I left the hospital and my mother is still in the hospital because she needs more treatment and hopefully she will recover by next week.

I don't feel like going home today and I don't know when I'll go home but I will always be there for my girls because they are the best thing that ever happened to me.

What other advice would you give me on this situation? What are your thoughts? Thank you for reading all I love this community.
Sorry about your situation. You are not at fault here. You have done your best! And this is not also enough reason to break up your family, just re-advice and re-instruct your wife to stick to the rules of engagement with your mother, that's all.
Most women are like that, they always think they work harder than their husbands and easily feel maltreated or cheated. I think it's in their gene.
Just straighten things out with her and move on. Thank God mama is still alive and she will live long
Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by ramatintin(m): 9:20am On Jan 02, 2022
calmness0:
Op, This is a very serious matter.

I honestly don't think your wife deliberately intended to poison your mother.

I believe it was just laziness on her part to Cook separate meals.
comrade I disagree her behavior was deliberate to harm.

4 Likes

Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by aktolly54(m): 9:20am On Jan 02, 2022
Beermoney1:
Let's say you are so angry with your wife and you get a divorce. You would be creating issues for your kids who will be raised in a broken home and they would never forgive you.

Walk it off, caution her. She put salt not poison dont make it more dramatic than it should be. She made a very Terrible mistake which I am sure she is sorry for.
how do you know she is actually SORRY? did she want to claim she forgot that mama eat different meal?

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by FiverrTutor(m): 9:20am On Jan 02, 2022
soundOsonic:
You haven't forgiven her, if at all you have you wouldn't be here posting this.
The only problem I saw here was lack of proper education from your wife.
Now sir, reason this: if she actually knew feeding her salt will lead to this; would she have fed her?
She was only careless and didn't take her diabetes serious.
She acknowledged her mistake and she had apologized already. I know this trying time is enough to pass blame, but blaming her wouldn't make the matter better or worse.

It was a silly mistake, even doctors makes mistakes, you too make mistakes, she had learnt. Go back to your house and clear it from your chest and celebrate the new year with your family.
Happy New year

You're saying rubbish!!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by dingbang(m): 9:20am On Jan 02, 2022
grin

I have experienced a similar issue, i had this girl live with me for over three months. Omo, this babe and pepper be like twins. She cannot just live without pepper, as in, it is as if they cursed her to daydream about pepper. There has never been a day i didnt caution her about too much pepper in my food ...yet she would not change.

Until the d day..

She brought food for me to the office, the pepper was 100times more than the rice. When i ate the food, i cried. I was sweating, my hair pores on my head opened. It was as if my brain was evaporating out from my skull.

After close from work

I called her a witch, i shouted to her like never before, i made sure the neighbors heard my voice, i was mad, furious, in rage like the sun.

She saw the energy in me, and she changed for good. She never ever dared to pack pepper in the meals she cooked for me again.

Dear op, shout for your wife, let her experience the fierce nature of an angry lion. She will never misbehave again.

9 Likes

Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by cmikel: 9:20am On Jan 02, 2022
Theonlysonofher:

My brother if you continue eating same food with excess salt am sorry for your health in the future.

It's laziness that is doing your wife in preparing seperate food. Some ladies can be lazi in doing some house chores

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by Ybaby: 9:22am On Jan 02, 2022
Theonlysonofher:

Your wife has not done well AT ALL........ AT ALL!!!

but she is your wife. She was careless infact there is nothing to say except she is your WIFE..... marriage is forgiveness over and over again.

You have kids whose lives will be affected. I suggest you both get some therapy around this issue because a mother is most precious and your wife fall my hand too much.

Punish your wife (suspend her allowance for 3 months) even separate for a week then counsel her like you will if your daughter did same at her husband's house.

Marriage is 2 people forgiving, communication and helping each other.... you have kids. Tell her if her son's wife did same to her how will she feel.

Then get a carer for your mum and cook her food yourself. Your wife is a child this was an opportunity for her to score cheap good will points with you that she can cash out in future but she F up.

Forgive and counsel - then get therapy.

Ladies if that woman did not raise your hubby well - you will not have the better man wey you get now.

5 Likes

Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by Origin(f): 9:24am On Jan 02, 2022
You left the kids, the house , your mother ALL in the hands of your wife......

Do you ever reason this?

If your wife should leave the house for a day no husband could cope with all her work so I laugh when I hear I had to go to work and left her in the care of my wife....

Before you go to work make your mother's meals no excuse, because we always make time for those things we care about ... ALWAYS.

5 Likes

Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by Gorgeous1guy(m): 9:24am On Jan 02, 2022
What I see is a man desperately looking for excuse to leave his family.
While I am not exonerating the wife but then, if really we as man understand the stress and enormous task of keeping home by our wives, we will appreciate them better.
Mama will get better. Go back home like the responsible man that u are and take charge of your family.
May God be with u

4 Likes

Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by hope4nigeria(m): 9:24am On Jan 02, 2022
Yinkakolawole:
Whatever a man sow he will reap, just leave her in the hands of GOD.
how, explain please,
Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by marsup: 9:26am On Jan 02, 2022
It's difficult to give an advice, because I don't know if this was done intentionally or by sheer negligence/laziness. To be on a safe side, pls handle your mother's meal yourself.
Forgive your wife, but be watchful.

I wish your ma, a quick recovery.

Ps: include mint leaves, ginger and garlic in her diet.

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by MartinsD12(m): 9:27am On Jan 02, 2022
Theonlysonofher:

Never leave your mother's health in the care of your careless heartless non - conscience wife , she is not worthy to be a mother, from what you said you took care of her own mother when she was sick and this is how she is paying you back, some wives are disgusting, her type is the type that doesn't like her mother inlaw to be in her husband house but would like her husband to show love to her own mother this is wickedness, you know this woman is diabetic and salt and sugar is not to be taken and the maid have been doing this perfectly well but your heartless wife can't do this , I suggest you keep your Mom out of the house until your maid is back to take care of her, listen that your wife must be punished heavily , don't show her love again, any woman or wife that can't love my own mother can also kill me , it's better that woman leave my house , you can't claim you love me when you don't love my mother or my family

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by aktolly54(m): 9:27am On Jan 02, 2022
Yinkakolawole:
THE GOD OF ABRAHAM, ISAAC, & JACOB, JEHOVAH THE MAN OF WAR, HIS MERCY ENDURETH FOREVER, O PRAISE HIS HOLY NAME.
I pity you, you think you are the holy thou here or we don't go church or pray?
Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by Ndubuisipaul1: 9:29am On Jan 02, 2022
IjapaTiroko:
I honestly believe your instincts are right about your wife being intentionally wicked. She is most likely aware that much salt will kill your mom a d she went ahead with it. I'm pretty sure that she wouldn't do that to her mom.

Whatever decision you make , be rest assured she can do the same to you if the need arises.

People commenting that you should forgive will most likely NOT forgive if they are in your shoes.

Also, don't try to ask her why or look for closure, cuz that's a window for manipulation which you will regret later because you'll be in more deep shit which will lead to your holding bigger grudges.

Save your mom, and save yourself

I have been scrolling down to look for a comment that suits my opinion.. finally this is exactly what I want to contribute ...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by ShowmeHeaven(m): 9:30am On Jan 02, 2022
Please forgive her. It might not be callousness as you think. It could be sheer carelessness and negligence on her part. Give her a second chance to right her wrongs. Your mother doesn't need an unhealthy atmosphere that might possibly emanate from you and your wife. Love heals too. "Let love lead"

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by Sunnymatey(m): 9:31am On Jan 02, 2022
This is really bad but not enough to divorce her.
She didn't know the implication of what she did until now.
She knows better now l believe.

Same way some of us are carelessly consuming cigarette, soda with reckless abandone in spite the warning from medical professionals.

May God heal your mum.
Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by Nobody: 9:31am On Jan 02, 2022
calmness0:
Op, This is a very serious matter.

I honestly don't think your wife deliberately intended to poison your mother.

I believe it was just laziness on her part to Cook separate meals.
Laziness for just few days that the househelp was away. It's wickedness. I guess mama must have complained that the salt was too much, but u know women na, with their stubborn selfish and weak brain, she must have told mama, if u dont eat, na u know. And because mama will not want to disturb their marriage, she will decide to keep it to herself and not reporting to the son

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by anungangampu: 9:32am On Jan 02, 2022
Pure Mummy Boy pushed around by passion of two women. I can even predict that your mother will survive but you might be next sick person with the way you are taking emotion from both side hook and sinker.

How can your wife deliberately poison your mother? Did your marry a murderer or you are allowing your assumptions and emotion suggest your wife can't be careless as a human being ?

Be careful, your motherly care and gossip from doctors and others will destroy your marriage and your life before your time .

5 Likes

Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by uthlaw: 9:33am On Jan 02, 2022
Beremx:
Your wife has asked for forgiveness. What else do you want?

Waiting for misogynistic people like Kris’s.216 to come advice you to divorce your wife

what else did he want,if the mum die during the process,will you say samething... Useless gender!

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by Bignuell(m): 9:33am On Jan 02, 2022
The comments i am seeing here doesn't sit well with me. You guys are talking as if it is just something you'd sweep under the rug. God forbid, if mama had died, would y'all have call it a mistake?? Some of y'all call it mistake, lemme give you an example, if you had a confirm receipe for a particular meal with strict adherance to the ingredient, would you complain of the food being too salty or pepperish. Your wife didn't make a mistake, she wasn't careless, it was intentional. Would she do that to her own mother, i guess no. Here's the thing OP, we thank God mama is alive, i understand what you're going through right now; anger, pain, betrayal. I'd advice you to take your time, let those pain thaw out like ice. Please don't forget to attend service today, talk to God, he'll direct you

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by ukaface(f): 9:34am On Jan 02, 2022
I'm sure she didn't do it intentionally .
Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by kazyhm(m): 9:34am On Jan 02, 2022
Ordinarily female/women are equipped with this annoying lackadaisical and nonchalant attitude toward people.

The annoying thing is their indifference toward the ripple effect of their action(s). They just want you to forgive and move ahead with them.

If I tell you what my sister did the time I had an accident, broke my leg and went through two surgeries......it was heartbreaking. But guess what, I'm still taking care of her.

I have accepted the reality that she is so flawly created (she is in existence but not reliable)

Just forgive her, always supervise her and stop taking her flaws to heart, either done deliberate or absentminded. That what it take to lead.

The problem with modern men is assuming women is as uptight, intelligent, brave, wise and strong as him.......forgetting that the onus to make things work lies with men. Failure of men reflects on women and children.

4 Likes

Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by uthlaw: 9:34am On Jan 02, 2022
Double0h7:
People saying forgive her are better than me because I couldn't forgive such evil act. This isn't a thing you could just say sorry for. She put the life of someone so vulnerable in danger. Op, you don't have to forgive her. What you are feeling is normal because I feel so emotional and I don't even know your mum.
don't mind all this useless SIMP...if the mum die in that process...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by udemzyudex(m): 9:35am On Jan 02, 2022
soundOsonic:
You haven't forgiven her, if at all you have you wouldn't be here posting this.
The only problem I saw here was lack of proper education from your wife.
Now sir, reason this: if she actually knew feeding her salt will lead to this; would she have fed her?
She was only careless and didn't take her diabetes serious.
She acknowledged her mistake and she had apologized already. I know this trying time is enough to pass blame, but blaming her wouldn't make the matter better or worse.

It was a silly mistake, even doctors makes mistakes, you too make mistakes, she had learnt. Go back to your house and clear it from your chest and celebrate the new year with your family.
Happy New year

Proper education? This excuse doesn't hold ground ,say something else.

The same house the mother is taking medication cos of diabetes,the same house the maid prepare a different meal for the mother,the same house the mother came to stay with them because the former maid was not taking good care of her?

Is the wife a Visitor in that house and doesn't know what mama is suffering from?

Say something else pls.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by Stevyne: 9:36am On Jan 02, 2022
Na everyday people deh drop thread concerning marriage
Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by udemzyudex(m): 9:38am On Jan 02, 2022
The truth is low key,your wife is not happy mama is staying with you guys.

It's either you take a stand and make her know that Mama is going to be there for a long time or short while or you make arrangements for mama to go back home and hire another care giver for her.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by moneyissweet(m): 9:38am On Jan 02, 2022
Lazy and careless wife...Just give her second chance if something like this happen again then kick her ass out.

We all do mistakes.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

How Can I Ask A Friend To Leave My House In A Good Way? / Is This Appropriate At The Children’s Playground? (Pics) / Lady Gives Birth To Triplets ... Shares Lovely Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 134
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.