Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,181 members, 7,835,937 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:48 PM

Detained Security Guards, Widow Didn’t Deny CP Entry,Lagos Estate Tackles Police - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Detained Security Guards, Widow Didn’t Deny CP Entry,Lagos Estate Tackles Police (29193 Views)

Detained Security Guards, Widow Didn’t Deny CP Entry Lagos Estate Tackles Police / Atiku Didn’t Deny Not Being A Nigerian By Birth - Buhari, APC Tells Tribunal / Atiku: We Didn’t Deny PDP Use Of Stadium – Kogi Govt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Detained Security Guards, Widow Didn’t Deny CP Entry,Lagos Estate Tackles Police by Washington2070(m): 9:55pm On Jan 03, 2022
Sorry. Don't mind that guy up therequote author=festacman post=109055917]

I believe in the words of my LordvJesus Christ that it is well for me and it is well for me indeed. Your words are less than trash. God bless you.[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Detained Security Guards, Widow Didn’t Deny CP Entry,Lagos Estate Tackles Police by jubrilELsudan: 9:56pm On Jan 03, 2022
Critic4A:
Where you also there ?

YOU ARE VERY STUPID

Re: Detained Security Guards, Widow Didn’t Deny CP Entry,Lagos Estate Tackles Police by Crafteck1: 9:57pm On Jan 03, 2022
festacman:
People get overly emotional and even hypocritical over this issue because a police officer is involved.

1. The Commissioner of Police Odumosu didn't need to give advance information of his coming to the Estate security men because it would be stupid to for him state his movement. Of course, giving such information would require the CP's security details to secure the Estate gate security until he arrives.

YES

2. On arrival at the Estate gate and having PROPERLY identified himself as CP of Lagos State, he ought to have been allowed in immediately. Keeping him at the gate is unnecessarily exposing him to possible attack by criminals. Even a military formation would know better than keep a properly identified CP exposed to danger at its entry point.

ITS A PRIVATE ESTATE NOT A GOVERNMENT OR MILITARY INSTALLATION. NOT BARRACK.

3. CP Odumosu didn't need to tell the Estate security men the exact house he was going to before being allowed in. That's a classified information until his details secures the house for his safety.

SO SECURITY OF THE RESIDENTS DONT MATTER, NA DEM DEY PAY THE TAX USED IN PAYING POLICE YOU DEY TALK ABOUT LIKE SEY DEM BE GODS OOO

4. Deliberately tagging the CP's visit as social to denigrate him is pure IGNORANCE because even a 'common' DPO is always listening to his radio equipment and giving directives anywhere he is. The fact is that when not on official leave, a CP is at work everywhere and every time.

I DONT GET THIS

5. I doubt if the police singled out that widow for arrest for nothing. She may have jumped into the matter and said unsavoury things. Being a resident in an Estate, I am familiar with some 'radical' busybody residents that would jump into issues without complete knowledge.

WHAT EXACTLY ARE THEY BEING ARRESTED FOR, THE POWER DRUNK PEOPLES KILLER AT OLASAN MUSHIN ONCE PUT ME IN CELL BECAUSE I WASN'T WITH MY DRIVERS LICENCE COS HE WAS IN THE MOOD, ONE GUY WAN SHAKARA ME FOR CELL, I DROP VOICE FOR AM... MUSHIN BORN AND BRED

6. The truth is this incident was avoidable if only the Estate security was more professional and less power-conscious. Their unprofessional attitude activated power-tussle mode in the OFFICIAL state police force to show their constitutional superiority. The irony in this drama is that when armed criminals show up at the Estate, it is the official state police men that are called in to risk their lives.

YOU ARE HOLDING ON TO THE IDEA OF ONE PERSON BEING MORE IMPORTANT THAN THE OTHER. LOCATION MATTERS, LAGOS CP CAN LEAVE HIS BARRACK AND GO TO AN ESTATE IN GHANA AND EXPECT TO STRIKE FEAR(I THINK THE REAL PROBLEM IS THEY SECURITY DIDN'T SHOW ENOUGH FEAR AND ASSLICKING).

7. By the way, is an estate which has individually-owned houses a private property or a community? If Magodo Brooks is NOT owned and rented out by one person as its private owner, is there any difference between this Estate and for example Ajegunle in the eyes of the law?

WHEN YOU SAY ESTATE, IT HAS ITS OWN RULES IN ADDITION TO NORMAL STATE RULES, RIGHTS ALSO, NOTHING IS AS IMPORTANT AS INDIVIDUAL RIGHT FREE SPEECH AND SECURITY OF SELF AND FAMILY

8. Yes, Nigeria police has many outright criminals as members but it is still the only one we have to enforce law and order and maintain security.

WITHOUT THEM, WE GO SUFFER, SEE THE AFTERMATH OF ENDSARS
Re: Detained Security Guards, Widow Didn’t Deny CP Entry,Lagos Estate Tackles Police by DelTel(m): 9:57pm On Jan 03, 2022
GenAbacha:

This is why they will scam and abuse your human rights in this country.

They are correcting you, rather than go and dig deep and research, you’re still here arguing blindly.

Nigerians ehn

Human Rights has its limit, you do not infringe on someone else's rights, duty and responsibilities whilst defending your own rights

You and your human rights ilks need a dose of your own medicine: go and dig deep and research

You want a sane society but not ready to abide by the rules of a sane society SMH! Have you ever seen anywhere in a sane world where security agents are denied access to public facility or road

Ignorance is bliss grin

2 Likes

Re: Detained Security Guards, Widow Didn’t Deny CP Entry,Lagos Estate Tackles Police by nedekid: 9:57pm On Jan 03, 2022
lexy2014:

What's wrong with stopping a commissioner of police?
Hmm. It just like asking what was wrong with the shittes stopping the passage of the former coas buratai on the road.
Unfortunately we all know how it ended.

1 Like

Re: Detained Security Guards, Widow Didn’t Deny CP Entry,Lagos Estate Tackles Police by MuchAdo: 9:58pm On Jan 03, 2022
JohnBullMySon:
He has two profiles. One is Mr Odumosu or whatever is his name, the other is AIG with the backing of the constitution. If he were there in an official capacity, the arrest would be justified. But he wasn't.

It's just like saying that a policeman has the right to enter your house and watch TV, because he is a policeman. Does it make sense?

An estate is not a private property!

Hakeem Odumosu as long as he is CP/security CANNOT be denied the privilege of being one.

The constitution empowers him to enter any public place.

1 Like

Re: Detained Security Guards, Widow Didn’t Deny CP Entry,Lagos Estate Tackles Police by jubrilELsudan: 9:59pm On Jan 03, 2022
iokpebholo
post=109056435:

Where you also there ?

YOU ARE VERY STUPID

Re: Detained Security Guards, Widow Didn’t Deny CP Entry,Lagos Estate Tackles Police by haslaw(m): 9:59pm On Jan 03, 2022
JohnBullMySon:
When that incident happened. Hotel security asked DSS what they came for. They were not told anything. If they had a warrant, they would simply show it. They didn't have one and it's not the first time. Wike also stopped them from arresting a Judge without warrant back then, when Buhari was going crazy.

Ask yourself, Can that AIG enter Aso villa uninvited simply because he is a high ranked officer? He would simply be arrested for intruding.

Your brain don drown for river... How could you compare Aso Villa to one useless estate in Lagos. Have some respect for your country. No American would compare White House to one silly estate.

7 Likes

Re: Detained Security Guards, Widow Didn’t Deny CP Entry,Lagos Estate Tackles Police by DelTel(m): 9:59pm On Jan 03, 2022
GenAbacha:

Why are you still arguing?

There is no redemption for the ignorant.

The person you’re arguing with has probably never bought a home or landed properly in his life nor has he visited a property highbrow residency.

That person is me grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Detained Security Guards, Widow Didn’t Deny CP Entry,Lagos Estate Tackles Police by oshonwambada: 10:01pm On Jan 03, 2022
madmohamed:
the useless police think commissioner of police is where it end

He think police is his father's property
May God handle that man the way he handle the security man
I play to Almighty God his wife will soon be a widow

If that idiot can lock children in cell may God punish him
God will handle him the way he handled those guards if really the storyline is correct
Re: Detained Security Guards, Widow Didn’t Deny CP Entry,Lagos Estate Tackles Police by oshonwambada: 10:02pm On Jan 03, 2022
madmohamed:
the useless police think commissioner of police is where it end

He think police is his father's property
May God handle that man the way he handle the security man
I play to Almighty God his wife will soon be a widow

If that idiot can lock children in cell may God punish him
God will handle him the way he handled those guards if really the storyline is correct.Foolish nigerian police
Re: Detained Security Guards, Widow Didn’t Deny CP Entry,Lagos Estate Tackles Police by joeking2222: 10:04pm On Jan 03, 2022
CannibalTorment:
It was obvious the CP lied
And how sure are u say no be those security guards and their CSO dey lie? This story wey dem put up here so no look like cook up story to u? Sentiment apart, as far say e dey our constitutional laws/rules say the police people free to move around public places, those security guards no get any right wat so every to deny him entry to dat estate after carrying out their own duty to search and identifying say dem b legit police. I repeat myself again, dem suppose gv those guards LIFE IMPRISONMENT cos dem no get respect, and as well withdraw that security liscence!!! DEM NO GET MANNERS!!!

1 Like

Re: Detained Security Guards, Widow Didn’t Deny CP Entry,Lagos Estate Tackles Police by Daboomb: 10:05pm On Jan 03, 2022
POWER-SHOW, EVERYWHERE IN NIGERIA!
But when these M0r0ns travel abroad, they become inconsequential

Useless Bunch, who think they can play god.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Detained Security Guards, Widow Didn’t Deny CP Entry,Lagos Estate Tackles Police by Washington2070(m): 10:05pm On Jan 03, 2022
Sense is far away from you quote author=SankaraSo post=109044676] grin

Yorobo people and their insecure lifestyle.

This is the same tribe that claim to accommodate people.

Ordinary Where are you going, this imp has arrested everybody.

Imagine this sort of mad man was a Soldier in the NA, and you greet him good morning.

Him go just use grenade bomb everywhere. [/quote]
Re: Detained Security Guards, Widow Didn’t Deny CP Entry,Lagos Estate Tackles Police by oshonwambada: 10:05pm On Jan 03, 2022
festacman:
People get overly emotional and even hypocritical over this issue because a police officer is involved.

1. The Commissioner of Police Odumosu didn't need to give advance information of his coming to the Estate security men because it would be stupid to for him state his movement. Of course, giving such information would require the CP's security details to secure the Estate gate security until he arrives.

2. On arrival at the Estate gate and having PROPERLY identified himself as CP of Lagos State, he ought to have been allowed in immediately. Keeping him at the gate is unnecessarily exposing him to possible attack by criminals. Even a military formation would know better than keep a properly identified CP exposed to danger at its entry point.

3. CP Odumosu didn't need to tell the Estate security men the exact house he was going to before being allowed in. That's a classified information until his details secures the house for his safety.

4. Deliberately tagging the CP's visit as social to denigrate him is pure IGNORANCE because even a 'common' DPO is always listening to his radio equipment and giving directives anywhere he is. The fact is that when not on official leave, a CP is at work everywhere and every time.

5. I doubt if the police singled out that widow for arrest for nothing. She may have jumped into the matter and said unsavoury things. Being a resident in an Estate, I am familiar with some 'radical' busybody residents that would jump into issues without complete knowledge.

6. The truth is this incident was avoidable if only the Estate security was more professional and less power-conscious. Their unprofessional attitude activated power-tussle mode in the OFFICIAL state police force to show their constitutional superiority. The irony in this drama is that when armed criminals show up at the Estate, it is the official state police men that are called in to risk their lives.

7. By the way, is an estate which has individually-owned houses a private property or a community? If Magodo Brooks is NOT owned and rented out by one person as its private owner, is there any difference between this Estate and for example Ajegunle in the eyes of the law?

8. Yes, Nigeria police has many outright criminals as members but it is still the only one we have to enforce law and order and maintain security.
Nigerian police is useless no matter how u try to defend this act.
Re: Detained Security Guards, Widow Didn’t Deny CP Entry,Lagos Estate Tackles Police by haslaw(m): 10:05pm On Jan 03, 2022
akezn:
If he is actually there on a private capacity (owambe things) and not for a strategic security meeting like the police statement claimed, then he was wrong because he is not above the law. You cannot visit some estates without a confirmation message or even a call from the resident you are visiting by the security guys.

It is either the estate security guys were overzealous I'm the discharge of their duties, or the CP was just power drunk because I still can't place exactly why those guys were arrested, I mean, what would be their offense if they were to be charged to court

You allow your hatred for the police to cloud your sense of reasoning. How many times have security agents attended parties just to catch criminals. Stop being DAFFTT.

2 Likes

Re: Detained Security Guards, Widow Didn’t Deny CP Entry,Lagos Estate Tackles Police by oshonwambada: 10:06pm On Jan 03, 2022
adioolayi:
Who do we believe sef

..but then, what level of provocation can warrant a whole Commissioner of Police with his security operatives and orderly, to arrest entire security guards of an Estate

I cannot really phantom the audacity of those security guards to delay a Commissioner of Police, with all his security details at the gate for over 30mins as claimed by the police press release... it's really sounding somehow.

You said nothing.
Re: Detained Security Guards, Widow Didn’t Deny CP Entry,Lagos Estate Tackles Police by luizpippo(m): 10:07pm On Jan 03, 2022
festacman:

Valid points but your trying to make it seem like the Estate lied about his visit is quiet ironic.

The police press release claimed official duty, the estate claimed social visit, I want to believe the 3rd side was you who already concluded that the estate 's claim was a way a denigrating the CP.

You already passed judgement.
Re: Detained Security Guards, Widow Didn’t Deny CP Entry,Lagos Estate Tackles Police by oshonwambada: 10:08pm On Jan 03, 2022
LLiKYekoba:
The nigerian police is a criminal organization ~ Canadian Judiciary.

Does that mean high ranking police officers like CP Odumosu are high ranking criminals?

you are right
Re: Detained Security Guards, Widow Didn’t Deny CP Entry,Lagos Estate Tackles Police by haslaw(m): 10:10pm On Jan 03, 2022
oshonwambada:
Nigerian police is useless no matter how u try to defend this act.

The guy gave you facts and all you can say in response is insults?

You must be one of those escaped prisoners the police are searching for which is why you hate the police soooo much.
Re: Detained Security Guards, Widow Didn’t Deny CP Entry,Lagos Estate Tackles Police by Ogenyi01: 10:11pm On Jan 03, 2022
U will end like Nebudchadnezzer. Arrogant fool
Re: Detained Security Guards, Widow Didn’t Deny CP Entry,Lagos Estate Tackles Police by Sevenworldpower(m): 10:15pm On Jan 03, 2022
Private security guards were not smart enough. At times it is better to avoid trouble if you are not in vantage position.
Hakeem odumosu abuse his power for three reasons.
1. Arresting widows and kids was not necessary. Why detaining them for 5 hours.
2. Detailing security guards was abuse of power.
3. Ignoring pleas of people in the estate to release the victims did not make sense.
Re: Detained Security Guards, Widow Didn’t Deny CP Entry,Lagos Estate Tackles Police by fkj950ax(m): 10:17pm On Jan 03, 2022
festacman:

I agree

plausible

I disagree

It was. He attended a friend's get together / party. It wasn't police business that will go into his official weekly report

so saying unsavory things to a uniformed man warrants being arrested. Even children shouldn't be arrested and taken to a police station

kindly consult the account of the other side. There is nothing like constitutional superiority. The police work at the pleasure of the public. Since the CP is more trained, experienced, and enjoys the trappings of tax payers, he and his entourage could habe also acted as the bigger person in the fiasco, but pride and ego of public office didn't let them. They aren't risking their lives. It's not forced conscription. They earn salary monthly. They chose to do th le job.

Yes. Some communities are gated and restrict ingress and egress. You can do this legally with the state. Most Estates don't. But some do. The fact they have tokens issued to non residents ar gates says a lot of how organised they are n

1 Like

Re: Detained Security Guards, Widow Didn’t Deny CP Entry,Lagos Estate Tackles Police by Daboomb: 10:17pm On Jan 03, 2022
joeking2222:

And how sure are u say no be those security guards and their CSO dey lie? This story wey dem put up here so no look like cook up story to u? Sentiment apart, as far say e dey our constitutional laws/rules say the police people free to move around public places, those security guards no get any right wat so every to deny him entry to dat estate after carrying out their own duty to search and identifying say dem b legit police. I repeat myself again, dem suppose gv those guards LIFE IMPRISONMENT cos dem no get respect, and as well withdraw that security liscence!!! DEM NO GET MANNERS!!!

Even if you are one of those brainless Policemen, you should know that everyone is (should be) guided by the Law.
Just because they are Police, does not make them to be above the Law and they should respect themselves and the Rules of a Private Estate.

The CP was going to an Owambe Party on New year's day, he was not on an Official Visit to the Estate, so all the nonsense you wrote up there does not even apply to him. He does not deserve more respect than the next Guest that went in before him.
It is only in Nigeria that Policemen, even when off-duty, insist on not paying Transport fare, despite collecting transport allowance! grin grin
CP was just on an ego-trip, Power show, the type you only see in Nigeria.

We still remember what that Chairman of the ICPC (Muktar) did to that Car Parking Attendant at the Abuja Mall, just for asking him to park properly.
In sane Countries, these "Do you know who l am" abusers will first be relieved of their jobs and then prosecuted for Assault and Battery, of the "common man" they are oppressing. Shameless lots.

BTW: the people in that Estate need to BEWARE of the Host he came to meet in the Estate, no need to say more, if the Host cannot impress it on his guest not to harrass people doing their legitimate Gateman job at their Security Post.

2 Likes

Re: Detained Security Guards, Widow Didn’t Deny CP Entry,Lagos Estate Tackles Police by VULCAN(m): 10:18pm On Jan 03, 2022
I love the fact that even though you were not an eyewitness you have transferred 100% of the blame for the drama onto the security guards. Congrats!

As far as I know there is no estate in Lagos even Banana Island whose security guards will challenge a sitting CP with full paraphanalia of office including fully armed men.

You immediately discounted the estate's version but held up CPs own

That the obvious fact that no estate security will denigrate a serving CP escapes you is a clear sign that you are nothing but a govt apologist.

One of those who whitewash actions of your chosen govt even to the point of insanity.

You even went as far as blaming the widow and her children for being arrested.

What a waste of DNA you are.

Mtscheww
festacman:

1 Like

Re: Detained Security Guards, Widow Didn’t Deny CP Entry,Lagos Estate Tackles Police by akezn: 10:19pm On Jan 03, 2022
You are an idiotic slowpoke with a myopic view to topics, otherwise you will not single out only the first part of my comment. So you think you have a good sense of reasoning by attacking people who air their view on a topic. Does my comment look like I am fully supporting any party here?

Your brain needs total upgrading.

haslaw:

You allow your hatred for the police to cloud your sense of reasoning. How many times have security agents attended parties just to catch criminals. Stop being DAFFTT.
Re: Detained Security Guards, Widow Didn’t Deny CP Entry,Lagos Estate Tackles Police by Adekdammy: 10:23pm On Jan 03, 2022
There was once a Tafa Balogun

1 Like

Re: Detained Security Guards, Widow Didn’t Deny CP Entry,Lagos Estate Tackles Police by rajiedreez: 10:23pm On Jan 03, 2022
festacman:

You've successfully taken the side you prefer to support. Either party could be wrong, and no one here was present there. And you know both police and the estate association could be telling a lie or two about this issue.
Re: Detained Security Guards, Widow Didn’t Deny CP Entry,Lagos Estate Tackles Police by Daboomb: 10:26pm On Jan 03, 2022
Sevenworldpower:
Private security guards were not smart enough. At times it is better to avoid trouble if you are not in vantage position.
Hakeem odumosu abuse his power for three reasons.
1. Arresting widows and kids was not necessary. Why detaining them for 5 hours.
2. Detailing security guards was abuse of power.
3. Ignoring pleas of people in the estate to release the victims did not make sense.

Taking the story on face value, he even arrested the new Sets of Security Men he met at the Gate, on his way out!
These ones were not even around but were put in place to ensure the Safety of the people of the Estate, after he has arrested the initial ones, on his way in!
What manner of Power Show is this? Has Nigeria become a truly failed Country like Yemen, that raw, naked abuse of Power is the order pf the day?
If l were the IGP of a sane country, l will retire this man or at the very least, deploy him to Borno State, let him go and harrass Bandits, Terrorists and ISWAP

2 Likes

Re: Detained Security Guards, Widow Didn’t Deny CP Entry,Lagos Estate Tackles Police by IAMBOSS1990: 10:28pm On Jan 03, 2022
I have 3 Questions for those supporting the estate:
1. Would the security guards have done same to the Governor of the State or we just have a special hatred for the Police?

2. What of the The President or Inspector General of Police?

3. How do you know the CP was not on official assignment?

If I be IG, I will suspend the licence of that security outfit for failing to train their personnel well and putting the life of the CP at risk.

2 Likes

Re: Detained Security Guards, Widow Didn’t Deny CP Entry,Lagos Estate Tackles Police by GrandMasters: 10:29pm On Jan 03, 2022
Mr CP. ...for punishing that widow.....God will visit you soon...wait for it...

Power intoxicated dog

IG should send him to Zamfara or Borno.....to go and show us how cruel he is.......

Criminal in uniform.

God bless Fatai Owoseni, Kayode Aderanti etc... And other police officers with fair attitude.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Buhari, Fayemi, Others Visit Tinubu In London Home / To Say That Lawal Daura Was Working For Saraki Today Doesn't Add Up / Pictures Of The 5,000 Seater Nsukka Township Stadium As It Enters Final Stage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.