Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,714 members, 7,813,358 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:14 AM

Non-proliferation Of Nuclear Weapons: Five Nuclear Powers Issue Joint Statement - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Non-proliferation Of Nuclear Weapons: Five Nuclear Powers Issue Joint Statement (12521 Views)

Facebook, Reddit, Google, Linkedin, Microsoft, Twitter And Youtube Issue Joint S / Russia World's Only Floating Nuclear Power Plant Can Power 100000 Nigerian Homes / Abuja Earth Tremors: FEMA Releases Official Press Statement & Safety Tips (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Non-proliferation Of Nuclear Weapons: Five Nuclear Powers Issue Joint Statement by HonNL: 2:52pm On Jan 03, 2022
JOINT STATEMENT Of the Leaders of the Five Nuclear-Weapon States On Preventing Nuclear War and Avoiding Arms Races

The People’s Republic of China, the French Republic, the Russian Federation, the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, and the United States of America consider the avoidance of war between Nuclear-Weapon States and the reduction of strategic risks as our foremost responsibilities.

We affirm that a nuclear war cannot be won and must never be fought. As nuclear use would have far-reaching consequences, we also affirm that nuclear weapons—for as long as they continue to exist—should serve defensive purposes, deter aggression, and prevent war. We believe strongly that the further spread of such weapons must be prevented.

We reaffirm the importance of addressing nuclear threats and emphasize the importance of preserving and complying with our bilateral and multilateral non-proliferation, disarmament, and arms control agreements and commitments. We remain committed to our Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty (NPT) obligations, including our Article VI obligation “to pursue negotiations in good faith on effective measures relating to cessation of the nuclear arms race at an early date and to nuclear disarmament, and on a treaty on general and complete disarmament under strict and effective international control.”

We each intend to maintain and further strengthen our national measures to prevent unauthorized or unintended use of nuclear weapons. We reiterate the validity of our previous statements on de-targeting, reaffirming that none of our nuclear weapons are targeted at each other or at any other State.

We underline our desire to work with all states to create a security environment more conducive to progress on disarmament with the ultimate goal of a world without nuclear weapons with undiminished security for all. We intend to continue seeking bilateral and multilateral diplomatic approaches to avoid military confrontations, strengthen stability and predictability, increase mutual understanding and confidence, and prevent an arms race that would benefit none and endanger all. We are resolved to pursue constructive dialogue with mutual respect and acknowledgment of each other’s security interests and concerns.

SOURCE

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Non-proliferation Of Nuclear Weapons: Five Nuclear Powers Issue Joint Statement by Omniman(m): 3:26pm On Jan 03, 2022
sad
Abeg shey Nigeria get any nuclear power plant

5 Likes

Re: Non-proliferation Of Nuclear Weapons: Five Nuclear Powers Issue Joint Statement by Nobody: 3:26pm On Jan 03, 2022
C
Re: Non-proliferation Of Nuclear Weapons: Five Nuclear Powers Issue Joint Statement by kamokaze10(m): 3:26pm On Jan 03, 2022
Nonsense
Re: Non-proliferation Of Nuclear Weapons: Five Nuclear Powers Issue Joint Statement by hashtagged(m): 3:26pm On Jan 03, 2022
Dem think say dem wise, surrender your nuclear weapons too, instead of having them and preventing other countries (like Iran) from building them. 21st century hypocrisy

When they were bombing Japan with nukes they didn't think these weapons were too harmful. Karma won't rest until us soil is nukes by Russia/China

Russia, China, US, UK and France should dismantle theirs like south Africa and Ukraine let's all have peace of mind.

I wish I can get my hands on one of them. Let me do sucide bombing and wipe all the alhimajiris in Aso rock

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Non-proliferation Of Nuclear Weapons: Five Nuclear Powers Issue Joint Statement by Nobody: 3:27pm On Jan 03, 2022
They'll still use it when the time comes, forget all these English .

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Non-proliferation Of Nuclear Weapons: Five Nuclear Powers Issue Joint Statement by Bobloco: 3:27pm On Jan 03, 2022
"It is such a supreme folly to believe that nuclear weapons are deadly only if they're used. The fact that they exist at all, their presence in our lives, will wreak more havoc than we can begin to fathom. Nuclear weapons pervade our thinking. Control our behavior. Administer our societies. Inform our dreams. They bury themselves like meat hooks deep in the base of our brains. They are purveyors of madness. They are the ultimate colonizer. Whiter than any white man that ever lived. The very heart of whiteness."

Arundhati Roy,

5 Likes

Re: Non-proliferation Of Nuclear Weapons: Five Nuclear Powers Issue Joint Statement by updatechange(m): 3:28pm On Jan 03, 2022
God's not dead smiley

I think he has been preparing us for something like invasion of the extraterrestrial life... Which is hypothetical life that may occur outside Earth and which did not originate on Earth. Such life might range from simple prokaryotes to the intelligent beings and even sapient beings, possibly bringing forth civilizations that might be far more advanced than humanity.

So incase them do Weyrey, I trust say Naija no go Carry last grin

1 Like

Re: Non-proliferation Of Nuclear Weapons: Five Nuclear Powers Issue Joint Statement by Nobody: 3:29pm On Jan 03, 2022
Omniman:
sad

Let's have electricity 24/7 first

6 Likes

Re: Non-proliferation Of Nuclear Weapons: Five Nuclear Powers Issue Joint Statement by rowland545(m): 3:29pm On Jan 03, 2022
So wats the purpose of the joint statement.... Do they want to dismantle all there nuclear weapons and research on nuclear or

They want to deter others from having what they have so they can keep flexing muscle....

If I were to b president today first thing I go build nah nuclear weapon...nonsense greedy people

4 Likes

Re: Non-proliferation Of Nuclear Weapons: Five Nuclear Powers Issue Joint Statement by ProudBoy: 3:30pm On Jan 03, 2022
It is either everybody has nuclear weapons or nobody has those weapons in store. This sheer hypocrisy by the so called world powers is nauseating.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Non-proliferation Of Nuclear Weapons: Five Nuclear Powers Issue Joint Statement by Siberia01(m): 3:30pm On Jan 03, 2022
undecided

1 Like

Re: Non-proliferation Of Nuclear Weapons: Five Nuclear Powers Issue Joint Statement by Akwamkpuruamu: 3:30pm On Jan 03, 2022
Las Las, no war will even be fought. Russia invasion of Ukraine na all mind games. Israel nuking of Iran ma wash. Mutual Assured Destruction is inherent in any misbehavior from any of them.

1 Like

Re: Non-proliferation Of Nuclear Weapons: Five Nuclear Powers Issue Joint Statement by Akwamkpuruamu: 3:32pm On Jan 03, 2022
hashtagged:
Dem think say dem wise, surrender your nuclear weapons too, instead of having them and preventing other countries (like Iran) from building them. 21st century hypocrisy

When they were bombing Japan with nukes they didn't think these weapons were too harmful. Karma won't rest until us soil is nukes by Russia/China

Russia, China, US, UK and France should dismantle theirs like south Africa and Ukraine let's all have peace of mind.

Your Hatred for America changes nothing. Go and nuke them yourself and stop waiting for your elusive China and Russia to nuke the USA

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Non-proliferation Of Nuclear Weapons: Five Nuclear Powers Issue Joint Statement by BeardGangJnr1(m): 3:32pm On Jan 03, 2022
Hypocrisy at it's peak undecided

1 Like

Re: Non-proliferation Of Nuclear Weapons: Five Nuclear Powers Issue Joint Statement by Biodun556(m): 3:33pm On Jan 03, 2022
Omniman:
sad

Yes
Re: Non-proliferation Of Nuclear Weapons: Five Nuclear Powers Issue Joint Statement by Nobody: 3:33pm On Jan 03, 2022
Note there is a guy on here who goes by the name begat40 who cloned my account "FernandezPablo" the new account is "FernandezPablo's...also he just created a new one "FernandezReturn's...mine is FernandezReturn..

Tho I have deactivated it and this is my new account.. just wanna make it public that anything you see from that account is not from myself..

He is trying to tarnish my image by insulting several person on here..watch out..

1 Like

Re: Non-proliferation Of Nuclear Weapons: Five Nuclear Powers Issue Joint Statement by Czario: 3:34pm On Jan 03, 2022
Peace ! Security! ...and then the end shall come..

1 Like

Re: Non-proliferation Of Nuclear Weapons: Five Nuclear Powers Issue Joint Statement by LollySeaSide: 3:34pm On Jan 03, 2022
Nonsense!
The foolishness of man!!
Money that should be used for better things is being used to develop weapons that "should never be used."
This world has expired.
Something should just make the entire Earth explode from inside so that another race can start afresh, possibly on another planet.
Re: Non-proliferation Of Nuclear Weapons: Five Nuclear Powers Issue Joint Statement by Dalil8: 3:34pm On Jan 03, 2022
I love the U.S but I'd really love to see a nuclear war fought on their mainlands...

2 Likes

Re: Non-proliferation Of Nuclear Weapons: Five Nuclear Powers Issue Joint Statement by BegAt40: 3:36pm On Jan 03, 2022
FernandezReturn:
Note there is a guy on here who goes by the name begat40 who cloned my account "FernandezPablo" the new account is "FernandezPablo's...also he just created a new one "FernandezReturn's...mine is FernandezReturn..

Tho I have deactivated it and this is my new account.. just wanna make it public that anything you see from that account is not from myself..

He is trying to tarnish my image by insulting several person on here..watch out..

Ogbeni stop spamming my mention if you don't want thunder to strike your toes. There's no single peace for the wicked. grin grin grin

Person Clone your account na me you dey disturb. Na me be your number one headache for this forum and I feel good about it. cool cool

1 Like

Re: Non-proliferation Of Nuclear Weapons: Five Nuclear Powers Issue Joint Statement by paranorman(m): 3:37pm On Jan 03, 2022
As humans, believe, we do not want to experience nuclear war. Iits gonna have a ripple effect on the whole wide world, terrestrially and extraterrestrially!
Re: Non-proliferation Of Nuclear Weapons: Five Nuclear Powers Issue Joint Statement by Nobody: 3:37pm On Jan 03, 2022
BegAt40:

Ogbeni stop spamming my mention if you don't want thunder to strike your toes. There's no single peace for the wicked. grin grin grin

Person Clone your account na me you dey disturb. Na me be your number one headache for this forum and I feel good about it. cool cool
So what?feel good if you like that's your problems... grin
Re: Non-proliferation Of Nuclear Weapons: Five Nuclear Powers Issue Joint Statement by dohyn(m): 3:38pm On Jan 03, 2022
I still maintain that either all countries have nuclear weapons or no country has it. You cannot have nuclear capabilities, claim its for defence and deny others from having theirs too.. Make it make sense.
The UN security Council has 5 permanent members who can veto any vote willy-nilly and we call it a democracy. Why do they have such powers? Nuclear weapons.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Non-proliferation Of Nuclear Weapons: Five Nuclear Powers Issue Joint Statement by hammer567: 3:42pm On Jan 03, 2022
THEIR PAPA YANSH! THEIR FADA THERE!

NA WHO THEM DEY TELL THIS ONE? WHAT IS GOOD FOR THE GOOSE IS GOOD FOR THE GANDER

THIS GENERATION OF NIGERIANS IS DETERMINED TO FREE ITSELF FROM BRITISH BONDAGE AND IF THAT REQUIRES GETTING NUCLEAR WEAPON, SO BE IT.

WE WILL GO NUCLEAR AND THE WORLD WILL STOP FCCKING WITH US.

NIGERIA IS RIGHT BEHIND NORTH KOREA, ISRAEL AND IRAN ON THE LIST OF FUTURE NUCLEAR POWERS.

UNA DEY MAD, UNA WAN GET NUCLEAR WEAPON, MAKE WE NO COME GET, SO U CAN KEEP RAPING US. BLOODY RAPIST!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tips On How To Avoid White Ant Attack / Full Moon Affects Sleep Quality / Youverify Launches Youid, An All-in-one Security And Lifestyle App

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.