Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,997 members, 7,835,340 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:54 AM

Non-proliferation Of Nuclear Weapons: Five Nuclear Powers Issue Joint Statement - Science/Technology (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Non-proliferation Of Nuclear Weapons: Five Nuclear Powers Issue Joint Statement (12560 Views)

Facebook, Reddit, Google, Linkedin, Microsoft, Twitter And Youtube Issue Joint S / Russia World's Only Floating Nuclear Power Plant Can Power 100000 Nigerian Homes / Abuja Earth Tremors: FEMA Releases Official Press Statement & Safety Tips (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Non-proliferation Of Nuclear Weapons: Five Nuclear Powers Issue Joint Statement by Minjim: 4:53pm On Jan 03, 2022
hashtagged:
Dem think say dem wise, surrender your nuclear weapons too, instead of having them and preventing other countries (like Iran) from building them. 21st century hypocrisy

When they were bombing Japan with nukes they didn't think these weapons were too harmful. Karma won't rest until us soil is nukes by Russia/China

Russia, China, US, UK and France should dismantle theirs like south Africa and Ukraine let's all have peace of mind.

I wish I can get my hands on one of them. Let me do sucide bombing and wipe all the alhimajiris in Aso rock

Even if they all agreed to dismantle, some won't. In order to have an advantage over others.
That's human nature. They will see it as an opportunity to dominate.

Let those nuclear powers keep theirs so we know those that have and those that should never
Re: Non-proliferation Of Nuclear Weapons: Five Nuclear Powers Issue Joint Statement by ken6488(m): 4:56pm On Jan 03, 2022
hashtagged:
Dem think say dem wise, surrender your nuclear weapons too, instead of having them and preventing other countries (like Iran) from building them. 21st century hypocrisy

When they were bombing Japan with nukes they didn't think these weapons were too harmful. Karma won't rest until us soil is nukes by Russia/China

Russia, China, US, UK and France should dismantle theirs like south Africa and Ukraine let's all have peace of mind.

I wish I can get my hands on one of them. Let me do sucide bombing and wipe all the alhimajiris in Aso rock

It doesn't solve anything

What make you think if they even dis able all they will not keep the Technology used in making them

On the other hand

It is either everyone has nuclear weapons or no one has to
Re: Non-proliferation Of Nuclear Weapons: Five Nuclear Powers Issue Joint Statement by Macpro: 4:57pm On Jan 03, 2022
Its important the G7 maintain nuclear capabilities in case of an alien attack or an asteroid bigger than the earth on a collision course with the earth.
Re: Non-proliferation Of Nuclear Weapons: Five Nuclear Powers Issue Joint Statement by Zino1011(m): 5:06pm On Jan 03, 2022
Omniman:
sad
Abeg shey Nigeria get any nuclear power plant
One is under construction in kogi
Re: Non-proliferation Of Nuclear Weapons: Five Nuclear Powers Issue Joint Statement by ken6488(m): 5:07pm On Jan 03, 2022
hammer567:

ONLY STORY I WILL ACCEPT IS NUCLEAR NATIONS LIKE CHINA, RUSSIA, UK, FRANCE AND US WILL NEVER ATTACK NON-NUCLEAR NATIONS.

WHEN USA START ATTACKING NATIONS LILE LIBYA OR IRAQ, THAT TO ME LOOK LIKE STRAIGHT FORWARD RAPE AND PAEDOPHILE ACTIVITY.

BIG AND ARMED USA ON TOP UNARMED LIBYA AND IRAN.

TOMORROW IT WILL BE BIG AND ARMED UK COMING TO FIGHT UNARMED NIGERIA.

IF U CAN HAVE NUCLEAR WEAPON, IT MEANS YOU SHOULD PICK A FIGHT WITH COUNTRIES YOUR SIZE THAT EQUALLY HAVE NUCLEAR WEAPON.

If North Korea was not armed with nuclear USA would have attacked
Re: Non-proliferation Of Nuclear Weapons: Five Nuclear Powers Issue Joint Statement by techWriter3: 5:12pm On Jan 03, 2022
They'll still misuse it when the moment goes, remember all these English .
Re: Non-proliferation Of Nuclear Weapons: Five Nuclear Powers Issue Joint Statement by musicwriter(m): 5:17pm On Jan 03, 2022
We affirm that a nuclear war cannot be won and must never be fought. As nuclear use would have far-reaching consequences,

CONTRADICTION

we also affirm that nuclear weapons—for as long as they continue to exist—should serve defensive purposes, deter aggression.

If that's the case, it's time for every country to build nuclear weapons for "defensive purpose" and to "deter aggression"
Re: Non-proliferation Of Nuclear Weapons: Five Nuclear Powers Issue Joint Statement by RemoveKebab: 5:22pm On Jan 03, 2022
Dalil8:
I love the U.S but I'd really love to see a nuclear war fought on their mainlands...
las las mecca will be nuked. 1000000megaton on kaaba

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Non-proliferation Of Nuclear Weapons: Five Nuclear Powers Issue Joint Statement by emae009(m): 5:23pm On Jan 03, 2022
MangekyoAlt:
Aye

Now that your beloveth Russia and its supposed ally China have joined to speak against other countries possessing Nuclear weapons, you're not going on and on about how America is bad abi.
When I was telling you on the other thread that you don't have be a signatory to the treaty to be held to it by the Security Council. Hope you can now see that
Re: Non-proliferation Of Nuclear Weapons: Five Nuclear Powers Issue Joint Statement by emae009(m): 5:27pm On Jan 03, 2022
ken6488:

If North Korea was not armed with nuclear USA would have attacked

why do you think so??
what's the gain in invading North Korea?
una go just dey talk anyhow ehn

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Non-proliferation Of Nuclear Weapons: Five Nuclear Powers Issue Joint Statement by DeepSight(m): 5:30pm On Jan 03, 2022
emae009:

Now that your beloveth Russia and its supposed ally China have joined to speak against other countries possessing Nuclear weapons, you're not going on and on about how America is bad abi.
When I was telling you on the other thread that you don't have be a signatory to the treaty to be held to it by the Security Council. Hope you can now see that

So how far with Israel, Pakistan, India, North Korea?
Re: Non-proliferation Of Nuclear Weapons: Five Nuclear Powers Issue Joint Statement by ken6488(m): 5:33pm On Jan 03, 2022
emae009:

why do you think so??
what's the gain in invading North Korea?
una go just dey talk anyhow ehn
Everything

Why did USA send 3 carrier strike group in 2018

Or are you saying USA and North Korea are allies
Re: Non-proliferation Of Nuclear Weapons: Five Nuclear Powers Issue Joint Statement by emae009(m): 5:33pm On Jan 03, 2022
DeepSight:

So how far with Israel, Pakistan, India, North Korea?

Israel is alleged to have.. nobody can confirm they have.

Pakistan, India and North Korea developed their when the treaty was newly formed and there was no mutual understanding between the Security Council as we have it now
Re: Non-proliferation Of Nuclear Weapons: Five Nuclear Powers Issue Joint Statement by emae009(m): 5:35pm On Jan 03, 2022
ken6488:

Everything

Why did USA send 3 carrier strike group in 2018

Or are you saying USA and North Korea are allies

3 CSG to North Korea... Dude do you even know what you're saying?

USA is not ally to all the countries in the world either so are they planning to invade Nigeria or have they done it already.

smh
Re: Non-proliferation Of Nuclear Weapons: Five Nuclear Powers Issue Joint Statement by DeepSight(m): 5:45pm On Jan 03, 2022
emae009:

Israel is alleged to have.. nobody can confirm they have.

Please lets be serious. Israel's nukes are the worst kept secret in the world.

Pakistan, India and North Korea developed their when the treaty was newly formed and there was no mutual understanding between the Security Council as we have it now

Nonsense, when did North Korea complete theirs?
Any sufficiently determined country with the resources can acquire nukes - most will not bother because they are of little to no use to them.

No one is bound by a treaty they are not party to, period.
Re: Non-proliferation Of Nuclear Weapons: Five Nuclear Powers Issue Joint Statement by Tpharell: 5:46pm On Jan 03, 2022
Macpro:
Its important the G7 maintain nuclear capabilities in case of an alien attack or an asteroid bigger than the earth on a collision course with the earth.
In the case of an asteroid bigger than earth on collision course with earth, there is absolutely nothing the nuclear might can do to save mankind
Re: Non-proliferation Of Nuclear Weapons: Five Nuclear Powers Issue Joint Statement by DeepSight(m): 5:48pm On Jan 03, 2022
Tpharell:

In the case of an asteroid bigger than earth on collision course with earth, there is absolutely nothing the nuclear might can do to save mankind

Doesnt have to be bigger than Earth, just big enough, which isnt really that big in comparison to planetary bodies.
Re: Non-proliferation Of Nuclear Weapons: Five Nuclear Powers Issue Joint Statement by DeepSight(m): 5:50pm On Jan 03, 2022
Macpro:

If they were sincere they would domicile such capabilities and the responsibility for looking out for such threats with an international coalition mandated by the UN.
Re: Non-proliferation Of Nuclear Weapons: Five Nuclear Powers Issue Joint Statement by emae009(m): 5:51pm On Jan 03, 2022
DeepSight:

Please lets be serious. Israel's nukes are the worst kept secret in the world.

Nonsense, when did North Korea complete theirs?
Any sufficiently determined country with the resources can acquire nukes - most will not bother because they are of little to no use to them.

No one is bound by a treaty they are not party to, period.

North Korea nuclear program started with Kim grandfather Kim Sung II.
When asked if he was going to take on America with it, he said that he knows fighting America will be the end of North Korea, that the weapons were means to get America to come to the table for discussion to lift sanctions on North Korea and ease their economic burdens.

I'm not going to talk about this again. Did it already in another thread. You don't have to be a signatory to the treaty, if you start enriching nuclear material to weapon grade, the UN will come for discussion to ask you to abandon the idea. Failure to do that will result in sanctions.
Re: Non-proliferation Of Nuclear Weapons: Five Nuclear Powers Issue Joint Statement by ken6488(m): 5:52pm On Jan 03, 2022
emae009:

3 CSG to North Korea... Dude do you even know what you're saying?

USA is not ally to all the countries in the world either so are they planning to invade Nigeria or have they done it already.

smh
You see you just argue blindly without facts I think you have a device with google

USA and North Korea tension 2018

Point of correction USA has zero reason to attack Nigeria

But have more than 10 reason to attack North Korea
Re: Non-proliferation Of Nuclear Weapons: Five Nuclear Powers Issue Joint Statement by DeepSight(m): 6:02pm On Jan 03, 2022
emae009:

North Korea nuclear program started with Kim grandfather Kim Sung II.
When asked if he was going to take on America with it, he said that he knows fighting America will be the end of North Korea, that the weapons were means to get America to come to the table for discussion to lift sanctions on North Korea and ease their economic burdens.

I'm not going to talk about this again. Did it already in another thread. You don't have to be a signatory to the treaty, if you start enriching nuclear material to weapon grade, the UN will come for discussion to ask you to abandon the idea. Failure to do that will result in sanctions.

Talk oh, dont talk oh, that's your cup of tea - no one is begging to hear you.
India, Pakistan and North Korea are evidence that you are talking bunkum and even Iran had to be carefully negotiated with.
Now if an individual country wants to stop you, (e.g - Israel v Iran) that's a different matter.

If a single country or an alliance of countries decide to cripple you with sanctions, that's also their free choice.
But to claim that anyone is bound by any treaty they are not a signatory to, is just bunkum.
Re: Non-proliferation Of Nuclear Weapons: Five Nuclear Powers Issue Joint Statement by Nobody: 6:06pm On Jan 03, 2022
Wake up from your self-Induced mental weakness. Do you really believe everything you typed up there? Hahahaha using technology made by people who are not mad like you? You cant use technology to propagate your believe system and it's superiority over every other thing on earth.

updatechange:
God's not dead smiley

I think he has been preparing us for something like invasion of the extraterrestrial life... Which is hypothetical life that may occur outside Earth and which did not originate on Earth. Such life might range from simple prokaryotes to the intelligent beings and even sapient beings, possibly bringing forth civilizations that might be far more advanced than humanity.

So incase them do Weyrey, I trust say Naija no go Carry last grin
Re: Non-proliferation Of Nuclear Weapons: Five Nuclear Powers Issue Joint Statement by emae009(m): 6:07pm On Jan 03, 2022
DeepSight:

Talk oh, dont talk oh, that's your cup of tea - no one is begging to hear you.
India, Pakistan and North Korea are evidence that you are talking bunkum and even Iran had to be carefully negotiated with.
Now if an individual country wants to stop you, (e.g - Israel v Iran) that's a different matter.

If a single country or an alliance of countries decide to cripple you with sanctions, that's also their free choice.
But to claim that anyone is bound by any treaty they are not a signatory to, is just bunkum.

understanding will really help you in life... Never said they are bound by the treaty. Specifically wrote that twice but you still go on and on and on about something I didn't say.
Wehdone
Re: Non-proliferation Of Nuclear Weapons: Five Nuclear Powers Issue Joint Statement by emae009(m): 6:08pm On Jan 03, 2022
ken6488:
You see you just argue blindly without facts I think you have a device with google

USA and North Korea tension 2018

Point of correction USA has zero reason to attack Nigeria

But have more than 10 reason to attack North Korea

there's no where that 3 CSG is mentioned. It would be a waste of resources to pull 2 CSG from their primary place of deployment just for North Korea. I think you first should read and understand what a CSG is before throwing up numbers

which is why I asked you for those reasons and your reply was everything...
what are that "everything" ??
Re: Non-proliferation Of Nuclear Weapons: Five Nuclear Powers Issue Joint Statement by DeepSight(m): 6:18pm On Jan 03, 2022
emae009:

understanding will really help you in life... Never said they are bound by the treaty. Specifically wrote that twice but you still go on and on and on about something I didn't say.
Wehdone

You should understand both what you say and what you imply. What you infer.
You said that one doesn't have to be a part of the treaty to be held to account regarding development of nukes by the UN.
That infers being bound.
What UN by the way?
Do you mean the club of nuclear armed countries or the UN?
You should be exact with your words and inferences.
Re: Non-proliferation Of Nuclear Weapons: Five Nuclear Powers Issue Joint Statement by Flytime: 6:45pm On Jan 03, 2022
hashtagged:

ukraine letting go of the former Soviet Union nuclear weapons on their soil after the fall of the Soviet Union was the worst decision they’ve ever made because now Russia is just using them to play which they wouldn’t dare if they had them because they’ll fear a nuclear war
Ukraine is literally living on russia’sinfluence

I mean Russia is planning an invasion of Ukraine and they don’t even have a say
Russia even invaded crimea years ago and now controls a a chunk of it and Ukraine couldn’t do anything
I mean Russia is having talks with the us and nato but I’ve not heard a news about ukraines point of view or talks with Ukraine and that’s because they are now a pawn in the game of world dominance when they could have been more and now it’s practically impossible to be a world power without nukes in your arsenal

South Africa on the other hand had no choice because firstly the white government didn’t trust nuclear powers in the hands of a black man which to be honest I can’t blame them judging from news of the past so they gave it up besides even if they didn’t the black government would have because they would have been struggling without aids except they sign some kind of deal with the uk to vouch for them so they could keep it and I’m pretty sure the deal wouldn’t be in their favor because we all know how the First world Nations works,they might have asked for an unrestricted access to a particular resources or stuffs like that which they would just be trying to recover from in modern age
Re: Non-proliferation Of Nuclear Weapons: Five Nuclear Powers Issue Joint Statement by baralatie(m): 6:48pm On Jan 03, 2022
Omniman:
sad
Abeg shey Nigeria get any nuclear power plant
Hmmm!
Abeg o
Re: Non-proliferation Of Nuclear Weapons: Five Nuclear Powers Issue Joint Statement by CrystalBliss: 6:54pm On Jan 03, 2022
rowland545:
So wats the purpose of the joint statement.... Do they want to dismantle all there nuclear weapons and research on nuclear or

They want to deter others from having what they have so they can keep flexing muscle....

If I were to b president today first thing I go build nah nuclear weapon...nonsense greedy people

Make u no mind dem. Na fear. Dem dey fear themselves.

1 Like

Re: Non-proliferation Of Nuclear Weapons: Five Nuclear Powers Issue Joint Statement by emae009(m): 6:55pm On Jan 03, 2022
DeepSight:

You should understand both what you say and what you imply. What you infer.
You said that one doesn't have to be a part of the treaty to be held to account regarding development of nukes by the UN.
That infers being bound.
What UN by the way?
Do you mean the club of nuclear armed countries or the UN?
You should be exact with your words and inferences.

at preliminary stage, the abandonment of nuclear deterrence procurement is discussed by the UN with the intended country. Where agreement is not reached at the end of the discussion will be sanctions.

what you call club is actually UN Security Council made up of 5 countries.

Now international trade is usually carried out in US dollars so any economic sanctions by the UN will be carried out by the US, of which other countries can join.
Re: Non-proliferation Of Nuclear Weapons: Five Nuclear Powers Issue Joint Statement by Flytime: 6:56pm On Jan 03, 2022
jackslow:
Pakistan has not used it nuclear weapon but your spiritual fathers have used it before.The Muslims are in their countries ,but US is in every part of the world causing destruction to weaker nations. Its not about religion the only reason north Korea is still standing strong is the because if their nuclear weapons.
Please leave Muslims alone and face the problems you have in the world.
actually the only reason north Korea is still standing strong is because China has threatened to declare war on the us if it invaded north Korea and would only not do anything if north Korea starts the war
And I don’t blame them,no world power wants a rival at their door steps besides North Korea is like chinas irrational little brother
Re: Non-proliferation Of Nuclear Weapons: Five Nuclear Powers Issue Joint Statement by DeepSight(m): 7:09pm On Jan 03, 2022
emae009:

at preliminary stage, the abandonment of nuclear deterrence procurement is discussed by the UN with the intended country. Where agreement is not reached at the end of the discussion will be sanctions.

Can you show us the UN Protocol which establishes this procedure?
You probably should be referring, at all events, to the International Atomic Energy Agency.

what you call club is actually UN Security Council made up of 5 countries.

The UN Security Council is not made up of five members, it has many more members - however there are five permanent members who have a veto (one veto vote equal to 99 - or more - which kain sense be that, na animal sense).

While it is perfectly understood that those five permanent members won their permanence by virtue of winning the second world war and and thus establishing the international order of today, the second world war ended over 75 years ago and it is increasingly untenable to justify an undemocratic arrangement whereby each member within a small group of five countries has the right to veto the rest of the world at a time when democracy is touted as gospel in the world.

Now international trade is usually carried out in US dollars so any economic sanctions by the UN will be carried out by the US, of which other countries can join.

This just finally showed up what I have already suspected. That you know nothing about international affairs.
School up, or stick to your field.
Re: Non-proliferation Of Nuclear Weapons: Five Nuclear Powers Issue Joint Statement by emae009(m): 7:54pm On Jan 03, 2022
DeepSight:

Can you show us the UN Protocol which establishes this procedure?
You probably should be referring, at all events, to the International Atomic Energy Agency.

The UN Security Council is not made up of five members, it has many more members - however there are five permanent members who have a veto (one veto vote equal to 99 - or more - which kain sense be that, na animal sense).

While it is perfectly understood that those five permanent members won their permanence by virtue of winning the second world war and and thus establishing the international order of today, the second world war ended over 75 years ago and it is increasingly untenable to justify an undemocratic arrangement whereby each member within a small group of five countries has the right to veto the rest of the world at a time when democracy is touted as gospel in the world.

This just finally showed up what I have already suspected. That you know nothing about international affairs.
School up, or stick to your field.

dude read to understand... You dey explain what you should have understood. Making it a repetition. The 5 permanent members are the ones that their decision matters.. rendering other members useless meaning they might as well be the 5 members.

Please you that is well versed in international affairs. Please explain why the US tend to be the one to carry out UN economic sanctions??

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Microsoft Office 2010 Product Key Generator / Full Moon Affects Sleep Quality / Youverify Launches Youid, An All-in-one Security And Lifestyle App

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.