Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,748 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:55 PM

How a Novice Started Making Money on Amazon KDP. - Business (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How a Novice Started Making Money on Amazon KDP. (16591 Views)

Kdp. Kindle Amazon Books And Corona Virus Profits Method / How I Started Making Money Producing Human Parts / How I Started Making $25 Daily Online from a 5k investment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How a Novice Started Making Money on Amazon KDP. by Mcslize: 1:55pm On Oct 26, 2022
U1:
I have always wondered how people are able to make money from KDP publishing, especially with a book of like 3,000 words. This is because there are free blog posts via Google that seem to do a great job on some topics that the books cover.

Could someone shed light on this, please?

CC Galacious1 Mcslize

People want detailed information on specific problems. Those blog posts on Google may be too short to do justice to the particular problem a person is seeking solution to.

They just want something more detailed and well structured to read to solve any issue or problem they are facing.

Book writing is all about solving people problems in a written format. Most Amazon readers want something more detailed and quality filled. That's why.

Most of my books are 15k-80k words long, depending on the title and well packed with quality contents and properly structured.

Amazon is a long term business model. So one needs to always ditch out quality contents to be able to stand the test of time.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How a Novice Started Making Money on Amazon KDP. by U1(m): 3:01pm On Oct 26, 2022
Mcslize:

People want detailed information on specific problems. Those blog posts on Google may be too short to do justice to the particular problem a person is seeking solution to.

They just want something more detailed and well structured to read to solve any issue or problem they are facing.

Book writing is all about solving people problems in a written format. Most Amazon readers want something more detailed and quality filled. That's why.

Most of my books are 15k-80k words long, depending on the title and well packed with quality contents and properly structured.

Amazon is a long term business model. So one needs to always ditch out quality contents to be able to stand the test of time.

Thanks for your detailed response.
Re: How a Novice Started Making Money on Amazon KDP. by Nobody: 11:44pm On Oct 26, 2022
Mcslize:

Of course, that's true. But there some titles specifically written by popular authors that one just can't write on even though it's not trademark when searched on uspto.gov.

For example, the title adult children of emotionally immature parents.

Should one write on that title above, it will automatically be flagged by Amazon.

Those are some of the type of titles I was referring to.

I want to ask. What font type and font size do you usually use for the body text of your books, and what line spacing?

You don't have to repeat or replicate the same title of a book after you must have done your trademark research on that keyword.
You can perfectly rephrase the title. I can choose a similar title such as " Immature Parents of adult children" and then add other omitted keywords on the subtitle or on the backend keywords.

This is the format I use on all my books:

Spacing: 1.5
Font: Georgia
Font size: 12pt
Text: left aligned
Word count: 30,000

Cheers.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How a Novice Started Making Money on Amazon KDP. by Mcslize: 9:53am On Oct 27, 2022
byrron:

You don't have to repeat or replicate the same title of a book after you must have done your trademark research on that keyword.
You can perfectly rephrase the title. I can choose a similar title such as " Immature Parents of adult children" and then add other omitted keywords on the subtitle or on the backend keywords.

This is the format I use on all my books:

Spacing: 1.5
Font: Georgia
Font size: 12pt
Text: left aligned
Word count: 30,000

Cheers.

For the bolded, you made a very good point.

As for the font details above, that's exactly what I have been using for all my books. The spacing, font and font size, are all exactly what I use.

But can you imagine that someone dropped a review on one of my books writing full episode that can go for a book complaining that my font is a bit too big?

I just told myself that one can't please some Amazon buyers no matter what.
Re: How a Novice Started Making Money on Amazon KDP. by Nobody: 12:24pm On Oct 27, 2022
Mcslize:

For the bolded, you made a very good point.

As for the font details above, that's exactly what I have been using for all my books. The spacing, font and font size, are all exactly what I use.

But can you imagine that someone dropped a review on one of my books writing full episode that can go for a book complaining that my font is a bit too big?

I just told myself that one can't please some Amazon buyers no matter what.

There will always be those that will still find faults or have a problem with everything that was well intended and it is beyond our control.
Re: How a Novice Started Making Money on Amazon KDP. by Mcslize: 2:43pm On Oct 27, 2022
byrron:

There will always be those that will still find faults or have a problem with everything that was well intended and it is beyond our control.

Exactly.
Re: How a Novice Started Making Money on Amazon KDP. by Genset: 11:03am On Oct 29, 2022
U1:
I have always wondered how people are able to make money from KDP publishing, especially with a book of like 3,000 words. This is because there are free blog posts via Google that seem to do a great job on some topics that the books cover.

Could someone shed light on this, please?

CC Galacious1 Mcslize

Hi bros, I have almost the same domain name u just reported a sale for. I'm a newbie and I have been trying to sell it all to no avail. I feel like giving up but your sales reported kinda motivated me. Help pls

1 Like

Re: How a Novice Started Making Money on Amazon KDP. by WordsWriter: 1:24pm On Nov 01, 2022
Re: How a Novice Started Making Money on Amazon KDP. by Galacious1: 1:45pm On Nov 01, 2022
New Month. Same Hustle.

PS: If we have unfinished business please send me a mail here: thewordpubbooks@gmail.com. I’m having issues with my last number.
Re: How a Novice Started Making Money on Amazon KDP. by Toju20: 3:07pm On Nov 09, 2022
My Amazon account was blocked without no reason. What can I do to get it back if not what are the things I should and shouldn't do to open a new one
Re: How a Novice Started Making Money on Amazon KDP. by Galacious1: 5:51am On Nov 10, 2022
Toju20:
My Amazon account was blocked without no reason. What can I do to get it back if not what are the things I should and shouldn't do to open a new one
Sorry about your account. The content of the termination mail will really help us advise you better.
Re: How a Novice Started Making Money on Amazon KDP. by Bankysapa: 7:44am On Nov 10, 2022
Omo, after years of formatting people's books for KDP on Fiverr, the werey them don block my account.

I think this is a sign to publish my own books.
Abeg, where I fit get my first high converting, low competition title?
Re: How a Novice Started Making Money on Amazon KDP. by Galacious1: 1:27pm On Dec 08, 2022
I like December grin
Re: How a Novice Started Making Money on Amazon KDP. by Galacious1: 6:28pm On Dec 10, 2022
December smiley

Re: How a Novice Started Making Money on Amazon KDP. by makaveli902: 9:25pm On Dec 24, 2022
Galacious1:
My business was still struggling in January 2021 and I started to use part of my savings for feeding. I had to think of another way out.

I decided to invest some of the savings in crypto. Before I could finally make the deposit, FG declared crypto illegal. Chi…ne…ke!

I knew I could use P2P, but after reading stories about people that were scammed through it, I stayed away.

In the same month, while on this forum, I came across another KDP thread. So, I decided to check my KDP account. To my surprise, I made some sales in December. Holy Shiit! Some Americans actually decided to my book. My own book. The children’s book sold 2 copies, while the title my first mentor gave me sold one.

Man, this thing actually works! I sharply decided to open a Payoneer account using the guide in one of iLegendd’s threads. Then I discovered I couldn’t withdraw less than $100 as at then. Okay. I can wait.

Now, I’m going to give this thing another shot. The 3 sales were enough motivation.

I was gingered!

Bro I really love this your thread on Amazon KDP, I've just recently opened my Amazon account and I have done the necessary registration, but where I am stuck is in the getting paid section.
I was told to open a Payoneer account which I have done, now how do I link my Payoneer account with my KDP account.
Or is there any other way in which Nigerians can be paid?
You response will be highly appreciated, thanks.
Re: How a Novice Started Making Money on Amazon KDP. by Galacious1: 4:27pm On Dec 25, 2022
makaveli902:

Bro I really love this your thread on Amazon KDP, I've just recently opened my Amazon account and I have done the necessary registration, but where I am stuck is in the getting paid section.
I was told to open a Payoneer account which I have done, now how do I link my Payoneer account with my KDP account.
Or is there any other way in which Nigerians can be paid?
You response will be highly appreciated, thanks.

Check this thread https://www.nairaland.com/5638906/payoneer-pictorial-step-step-guide
Re: How a Novice Started Making Money on Amazon KDP. by Olorunjueda: 6:56pm On Dec 25, 2022
Description contains an unsupported html tag. Please how do I solve this issue?
Re: How a Novice Started Making Money on Amazon KDP. by Ebubu: 3:51pm On Dec 29, 2022
Galacious1:
Sorry about your account. The content of the termination mail will really help us advise you better.
boss mentor me on this amazon kdp na plz
Re: How a Novice Started Making Money on Amazon KDP. by Galacious1: 10:04pm On Dec 29, 2022
Olorunjueda:
Description contains an unsupported html tag. Please how do I solve this issue?
Did you use an html code in description?
Re: How a Novice Started Making Money on Amazon KDP. by Olorunjueda: 10:15pm On Dec 29, 2022
Galacious1:
Did you use an html code in description?
Thanks brother. I've solved the issue.
Re: How a Novice Started Making Money on Amazon KDP. by Galacious1: 12:07pm On Jan 02, 2023
Happy new year!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How a Novice Started Making Money on Amazon KDP. by Phantom042: 5:01pm On Jan 02, 2023
Galacious1:
Happy new year!

Mad! Do you advertise?
Re: How a Novice Started Making Money on Amazon KDP. by Galacious1: 5:22pm On Jan 02, 2023
Phantom042:

Mad! Do you advertise?

Of course. $288 spent in December
Re: How a Novice Started Making Money on Amazon KDP. by Phantom042: 6:15pm On Jan 02, 2023
Galacious1:

Congratulations

1 Like

Re: How a Novice Started Making Money on Amazon KDP. by Femolacaster(m): 7:06pm On Jan 02, 2023
Galacious1:
Happy new year!
This is massive, Q4 is always mad in sales! Keep it up jare!

1 Like

Re: How a Novice Started Making Money on Amazon KDP. by Galacious1: 4:48pm On Jan 03, 2023
Femolacaster:

This is massive, Q4 is always mad in sales! Keep it up jare!
Thanks
Re: How a Novice Started Making Money on Amazon KDP. by Mavinsoladele(m): 7:08pm On Jan 03, 2023
Galacious1:
Happy new year!

Wow! This is an inspiration.

1 Like

Re: How a Novice Started Making Money on Amazon KDP. by Mavinsoladele(m): 7:17pm On Jan 03, 2023
Please, Galacious1 McsLize

What niches would you advise I target for this Q1?
Re: How a Novice Started Making Money on Amazon KDP. by Mcslize: 7:44pm On Jan 04, 2023
Galacious1:

Wow that's nice. Organic sales cannot do it alone at this point in time due to the very stiff competition. We surely need to support sales with Ads.

Will start running Ads soon though. 35 books, you spent $288 and made above $5k, that's a good return on investment.

I want to ask: which Ads do you usually run? Keywords targeted or product Ads?
Re: How a Novice Started Making Money on Amazon KDP. by Mcslize: 8:33pm On Jan 04, 2023
Mavinsoladele:
Please, Galacious1 McsLize

What niches would you advise I target for this Q1?

Depends on your passion. I have 6, but I will tell you 4 plus a bonus. Always niche down.

1. Health, Fitness & Dieting

2. Relationships & Parenting

3. Cookbooks (Plant-based diet)

4. Crafts & Hobbies

BONUS:

5. Travel

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How a Novice Started Making Money on Amazon KDP. by Galacious1: 11:04pm On Jan 04, 2023
Mcslize:

Wow that's nice. Organic sales cannot do it alone at this point in time due to the very stiff competition. We surely need to support sales with Ads.

Will start running Ads soon though. 35 books, you spent $288 and made above $5k, that's a good return on investment.

I want to ask: which Ads do you usually run? Keywords targeted or product Ads?
keywords and I do auto too
Re: How a Novice Started Making Money on Amazon KDP. by Galacious1: 3:06pm On Jan 05, 2023
Mentorship is available now. Check here for details

https://www.nairaland.com/6933273/journey-financial-freedom-2022

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

What Business Can I Start With 50,000naira In Lagos'( :'( :'( / Traders From Chad, Cameroon And Niger Rush To Kebbi For Rice / Fire Razes Wood Market 'Katako' In Jos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.