Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,436 members, 7,815,991 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:00 PM

The Holy Spirit Came And I Spoke In Tongues How Do I Keep Him Always With Me - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Holy Spirit Came And I Spoke In Tongues How Do I Keep Him Always With Me (1659 Views)

Speaking In Tongues: How Was Your First Experience? / Today, I Spoke With God / The Holy Spirit Came And I Spoke In Tongues How Do I Keep Him Always With Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Holy Spirit Came And I Spoke In Tongues How Do I Keep Him Always With Me by jesuspikin(m): 6:13pm On Jul 29, 2007
[b]i for sometime now had been on this forum, but had not bothered to look into this religious thread.i had been born again a long time ago but had been living a very bad life , i cheat randomly on my wife ,prostitutes ,girls, lies and all sort of abominable acts. well it all started on the 26th july just about four days ago, my wife invited me to our church annivasory and in the course of the service while praying i asked for Gods forgiveness, and empowerment with the holy spirit so that i can live right and wept bitterly becuase i know i have been living bad and been feeling empty and terrible fears.now while worshiping as the minister started singing all, ilu, yah, i joined in the chorus and on the third stanzer of the song, as i opened my mouth i discovered i could not close my mouth sudenly i started speaking in words that made no sense in my ears, then came this inexplicable joy, and all my fears disapeared and i was bold and wanted to confront the devil one on one and i was laughing at thesame time and i realised that as i was saying those meaningless words that right in my mind i was addressing issues about my life and scripture passages were passing into my mind and all made sense and came with power i became aware of the holiness of God and his truthfullness and everything seems to seeze.brethren this is the much i can explain because the experience is inexplicable and it lasted even when the whole congregation was silent i went on and every scripture the minister qoutes made a better sense with so much power on and on until the service ended.now in the morning of the next day while i was worshiping in our staff bus he came back and lasted for some minutes and the whole day my mind was constantly filled with scriptures that before, made no sense but were now meaningfuland the reality of God came alive because before when i see others speaking in toungues, i thought they were pretending or they were possesed by demons but now i know bettee because no demen can give such expirience

now, my problem is for the past three days even while the program was still on, i have not felt that experience and i want it to last as long as i live.so how do i invite him to be with me continually and the power of that wonderful expirience to always overshadow me,please help me to pray for him to come back and for me to live right[/b]s
Re: The Holy Spirit Came And I Spoke In Tongues How Do I Keep Him Always With Me by Dios(f): 10:47pm On Jul 29, 2007
Spoke in tongues? What did you say, I mean can you translate osssssssshi naana balahb njka jkel orrraonf kbbiiiiii shim shom boom boom kazaam tp english please. When it comes back tell the holy spirit i said wassssssssssssssssssssssssuppppppppppppppppppppp in tongues.
Re: The Holy Spirit Came And I Spoke In Tongues How Do I Keep Him Always With Me by Aproko(f): 11:19am On Jul 30, 2007
Dios:

When it comes back tell the holy spirit i said wassssssssssssssssssssssssuppppppppppppppppppppp in tongues.

perhaps he'll do just that wink wink

@ poster,

keep praisng the Lord and doing his will, and the holy spirit will go nowhere. so try to make your body which is the temple of the holy spirit very habitable for the holy spirit.
Re: The Holy Spirit Came And I Spoke In Tongues How Do I Keep Him Always With Me by Dios(f): 2:54pm On Jul 30, 2007
@Aproko
What's aproko anyway? Speaking in tongues doesn't make any sense whatsoever. You go on this big tongue twister rampage but you can't explain what it means because "its the spiritual realm" right? Well do me a favour, both of y'all need to move to the spiritual realm.
Re: The Holy Spirit Came And I Spoke In Tongues How Do I Keep Him Always With Me by Nobody: 5:19pm On Jul 30, 2007
@Poster
I'll encourage you to keep on in your quest for the Holy Spirt Baptism, Your experience is real, i'd once had a similar experience. The presence of the Holy Spirit was so overwhelmingly real. Such that i could feel Him, hear him, understand the Scriptures easily, Prayer was so exiciting and result-oriented. I wished such experience lasted for years, but few days thereafter, I felt spiritual cold, It wasn't that the Holy Spirit actually departed from me, but He wasn't overwhelming felt as He was on the first day. I thought, I had sinned and done something wrong, but i came to realise that God wanted me to come closer and deeper in my relationship with Him.

You can always have such experience repeated, when you spend Quality time in Prayer with God. Set time apart to seek His face and ask Him for the Baptism of the Holy Ghost. My brother, it's so real. There's a newness of life that you'd experience and life will be so meaningful to you. Thank God for His Blessed Holy Spirit that passes human understanding. I believe God with you, that He'll show up in your life once again.

Rejoice! It's well.
Re: The Holy Spirit Came And I Spoke In Tongues How Do I Keep Him Always With Me by Aproko(f): 5:45pm On Jul 30, 2007
Dios:

@Aproko
What's aproko anyway?

i'm glad you don't know the meaning of aproko grin grin

Dios:

Speaking in tongues doesn't make any sense whatsoever. You go on this big tongue twister rampage but you can't explain what it means because "its the spiritual realm" right? Well do me a favour, both of y'all need to move to the spiritual realm.

fine it doesn't make any sense to you, but it does to the poster. more like the poster should come back to the earthly realm so you can make sense of his speaking in tongues right? smiley cheesy smiley
Re: The Holy Spirit Came And I Spoke In Tongues How Do I Keep Him Always With Me by donnie(m): 6:14pm On Jul 30, 2007
Jesus had already said, I will be with you forever, even unto the end of the age. Believe God's Word and recieve it into your soul. Dont forget to let it stay on your lips as you speak and declare the Word always.

Fellowship with the Spirit through the Word and prayer and you are sure going to have not just His presence in you, but His manifested presence in and around you in signs wonders and miracles.

People will take notice of that tangible presence of the Holy Spirit around you.

God bless.
Re: The Holy Spirit Came And I Spoke In Tongues How Do I Keep Him Always With Me by Dios(f): 4:04am On Jul 31, 2007
fine it doesn't make any sense to you, but it does to the poster. more like the poster should come back to the earthly realm so you can make sense of his speaking in tongues right? smiley cheesy smiley
[quote][/quote]

Ok that sentence is senseless.
Re: The Holy Spirit Came And I Spoke In Tongues How Do I Keep Him Always With Me by Aproko(f): 10:10am On Jul 31, 2007
Dios:

Ok that sentence is senseless.

ok then let me break it down for you.

1. speaking in tongues may not make any sense to you, but it does to the poster.

2. perhaps if the poster comes back to the earthly realm instead of remaining in the spiritual, then you would understand him better (cos then he would be speaking the language you understand )

so is the sentence still senseless to you?
Re: The Holy Spirit Came And I Spoke In Tongues How Do I Keep Him Always With Me by otuwe(f): 11:14am On Jul 31, 2007
ROTFLMAO

@aproko
you never cease to amuse me
Re: The Holy Spirit Came And I Spoke In Tongues How Do I Keep Him Always With Me by Dios(f): 3:08pm On Jul 31, 2007
yea, it's still senseless, because you don't leave the physical world until you're dead, all these spiritual realms y'all seem to think you go through are nothing but hallucinations. Spiritual or earthly realm not withstanding you should be able to translate that nonsensical gibberish you call speaking in tongues into something people can understand, and don't give me that "spirit, holy spirit, realms" argument neither because that's just delusion.
Oshi boo boo baam baam gbosa aight jusu juju fora kilo jaja of opobo ure a stooopid biaaaaaaaaaaaatch. means stfu
Re: The Holy Spirit Came And I Spoke In Tongues How Do I Keep Him Always With Me by IDINRETE: 9:30pm On Jul 31, 2007
Dios:

yea, it's still senseless, because you don't leave the physical world until you're dead, all these spiritual realms y'all seem to think you go through are nothing but hallucinations. Spiritual or earthly realm not withstanding you should be able to translate that nonsensical gibberish you call speaking in tongues into something people can understand, and don't give me that "spirit, holy spirit, realms" argument neither because that's just delusion.
Oshi boo boo baam baam gbosa aight jusu juju fora kilo jaja of opobo ure a stooopid biaaaaaaaaaaaatch. means stfu

Dios Dios Dios grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Please take it easy o
Re: The Holy Spirit Came And I Spoke In Tongues How Do I Keep Him Always With Me by Horus(m): 9:36pm On Jul 31, 2007
Pentecostalists claim that when the Holy Spirit comes to you, you speaking in tongues, or Glossolalia. Glossolalia comes from the Greek word Glossa and it literally means, "tongue."
They claim the "lord" is passing a message through them. I have no qualms with this, if the Holy Spirit is truly bestowed upon them. One may be blessed with the divine gift of speaking in tongues (languages). Yet, Pentecostalists don't speak in other tongues. Instead, they fall out on the floor and start babbling and muttering, while moaning and talking undecipherable mumbo-jumbo.
Re: The Holy Spirit Came And I Spoke In Tongues How Do I Keep Him Always With Me by jesuspikin(m): 8:52pm On Aug 04, 2007
Dios:

Spoke in tongues? What did you say, I mean can you translate osssssssshi naana balahb njka jkel orrraonf kbbiiiiii shim shom boom boom kazaam tp english please. When it comes back tell the holy spirit i said wassssssssssssssssssssssssuppppppppppppppppppppp in tongues.
he that sin against the son of man, shall be forgiven ,but seek not to sin against the holy spirit cos you shall not be forgiven'' i am afraid cos your payback for this blasphemy is on the way. may the lord have mercy on your soul.

Dios:

thanks for your encouragement,may the peace of the lord be with you in jesus name

Aproko:

perhaps he'll do just that wink wink

@ poster,

keep praisng the Lord and doing his will, and the holy spirit will go nowhere. so try to make your body which is the temple of the holy spirit very habitable for the holy spirit.

it might apeare not to make sense to you because you are carnal for the things of the spirit is foolishness to the carnal man for they are spiritually discern.it made alot of sense to me to know that jacob took his elder brother place just for a plate of pudding and it stuck for eternity.u wont understand, God have mercy on you.

OlowoTee
I'll encourage you to keep on in your quest for the Holy Spirt Baptism, Your experience is real, i'd once had a similar experience. The presence of the Holy Spirit was so overwhelmingly real. Such that i could feel Him, hear him, understand the Scriptures easily, Prayer was so exiciting and result-oriented. I wished such experience lasted for years, but few days thereafter, I felt spiritual cold, It wasn't that the Holy Spirit actually departed from me, but He wasn't overwhelming felt as He was on the first day. I thought, I had sinned and done something wrong, but i came to realise that God wanted me to come closer and deeper in my relationship with Him.

You can always have such experience repeated, when you spend Quality time in Prayer with God. Set time apart to seek His face and ask Him for the Baptism of the Holy Ghost. My brother, it's so real. There's a newness of life that you'd experience and life will be so meaningful to you. Thank God for His Blessed Holy Spirit that passes human understanding. I believe God with you, that He'll show up in your life once again.

Rejoice! It's well.
thank you so much for the invaluable advice ,may that inexplicable joy in his presence be your portion forevermore in jesus name

and to all,thank you for the immeasurable advice and support may you all abide in the law of the spirit of life which is in christ jesus and his ever abounding grace amen

to the blind, may your eyes be open for you to see his holiness, truthfulness, faithfulness and above all his sovirenghty in jesus name ,i love you all
Re: The Holy Spirit Came And I Spoke In Tongues How Do I Keep Him Always With Me by Horus(m): 9:13pm On Aug 04, 2007
Unholy Ghosts

. . . Evil spirits have been let loose upon the world. Still you Pentecostalists draw them to yourselves by playing the same music that the voodoo ritualists listen to, which opens your soul up to receive these unholy spirits.
Jesus never did this. When spirit of Eli (aka God) came upon Jesus, while he was being baptized by John the Baptist (Mark 1:9-10), he did not flip around in the water and act crazy. Neither did Elizabeth (the mother of John the Baptist) when she became filled with the holy spirit (Luke 1:41). When Jesus was baptized, he ascended to the second plane while John the Baptist was left holding his temporarily lifeless body that was filled by the Holy Spirit.
The Holy Spirit heals you, refreshes you, brings you back to life and makes you whole. This is the essence of being filled with the Holy Spirit – the Spirit of Eli. No preacher can do this for you (Mark 11:22-23).
All the Prophets were filled with a comforting feeling upon receiving the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit is a comforter (not the Comforter as in John 16:7), it will not put you in a state of discomfort like these Pentecostalists.
Re: The Holy Spirit Came And I Spoke In Tongues How Do I Keep Him Always With Me by jesuspikin(m): 9:31pm On Aug 04, 2007
Horus:

Unholy Ghosts

. . . Evil spirits have been let loose upon the world. Still you Pentecostalists draw them to yourselves by playing the same music that the voodoo ritualists listen to, which opens your soul up to receive these unholy spirits.
Jesus never did this. When spirit of Eli (aka God) came upon Jesus, while he was being baptized by John the Baptist (Mark 1:9-10), he did not flip around in the water and act crazy. Neither did Elizabeth (the mother of John the Baptist) when she became filled with the holy spirit (Luke 1:41). When Jesus was baptized, he ascended to the second plane while John the Baptist was left holding his temporarily lifeless body that was filled by the Holy Spirit.
The Holy Spirit heals you, refreshes you, brings you back to life and makes you whole. This is the essence of being filled with the Holy Spirit – the Spirit of Eli. No preacher can do this for you (Mark 11:22-23).
All the Prophets were filled with a comforting feeling upon receiving the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit is a comforter (not the Comforter as in John 16:7), it will not put you in a state of discomfort like these Pentecostalists.

[/quote]maybe you did not take your time to read the topic ,i did not make any ref. to falling on the ground and shouting or acting crazy rather while under the influence of the holy spirit, i for the first time in my life felt the holiness,truthfilness,and unconditional love of the almighty,I AM.
Re: The Holy Spirit Came And I Spoke In Tongues How Do I Keep Him Always With Me by Aproko(f): 9:49pm On Aug 04, 2007
jesuspikin:

it might apeare not to make sense to you because you are carnal for the things of the spirit is foolishness to the carnal man for they are spiritually discern.it made alot of sense to me to know that jacob took his elder brother place just for a plate of pudding and it stuck for eternity.u wont understand, God have mercy on you.

now i'm convinced you did not read through the thread before you made that reply. how can i encourage you to keep praising the Lord and you call me carnal, and God should have mercy on me?? well so much for the encouragement!!!
Re: The Holy Spirit Came And I Spoke In Tongues How Do I Keep Him Always With Me by Reverend(m): 9:58pm On Aug 04, 2007
Keep drinking the Vodka lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: The Holy Spirit Came And I Spoke In Tongues How Do I Keep Him Always With Me by jesuspikin(m): 4:51am On Aug 05, 2007
@aproko
i have not been a very good poster here as in the usage of the fforums comands fonts,i am realy sorry, i was actually refering to the post by Dios and not you. pls find it in your heart to forgive me thanks and stay blessedin jesus name
Re: The Holy Spirit Came And I Spoke In Tongues How Do I Keep Him Always With Me by Boondoggle(m): 6:30am On Aug 05, 2007
@ Poster,

I congratulate you and rejoice grin grin grin with you as you moved from a sinful Christian to a Spirit filled one - you've simply become a fire brand cool. How awesome is our God Can you imagine Him forgave you, cleansed you, and filled you in one clean sweep? You have just witnessed the Agape love of God! God saw your genuine repentance and how you rend your heart before Him and He blessed you with exponential growth.

Bro, three things to address now:

1. Please be aware that you have been baptized with the Holy Ghost with the evidence of speaking in tongues. When you gave your life to Christ you received the Holy Spirit in a measure and at baptism of Holy Ghost you experienced the fullness/overflowing of the Holy Spirit which led to the "speaking in tongues". I understand how you feel right now because I know once you have tasted a true experience of fullness of the Spirit you will definitely want it to last forever tongue tongue tongue. Unfortunately (because we sincerely covet it tongue) or fortunately (because we cannot stand it if it becomes permanent), it does not work that way! sad One cannot dictate to the Spirit when to or not move. However, as Olowotee said in the second paragraph of his post, draw closer to God and continually spend quality time with Him and he will always respond with his magnificent presence. And, always remember the Holy Spirit is always dwelling in you both when there is an overwhelming experience and when you don't even feel anything at all. cool

2. At the level you are now, it is very dangerous to fall back or backslide as the case may be. Why? See the two scriptures below and pay particular attention to the words in solid fonts:

Ezekiel 3:20 Again, When a righteous man doth turn from his righteousness, and commit iniquity, and I lay a stumbling-block before him, he shall die: because thou hast not given him warning, he shall die in his sin, and his righteousness which he hath done shall not be remembered; but his blood will I require at thine hand.

Matthew 12:43 When the unclean spirit is gone out of a man, he walketh through dry places, seeking rest, and findeth none.

44[b]Then he saith, I will return into my house from whence I came out;[/b] and when he is come, he findeth it empty, swept, and garnished.

45[b]Then goeth he, and taketh with himself seven other spirits more wicked than himself,[/b] and they enter in and dwell there: and the last state of that man is worse than the first. Even so shall it be also unto this wicked generation.

You may want to go through the complete chapters for better understanding. In a nut shell, if one backslides one goes into a worse state as exposed in Matt 12:45 and if one dies in his sins God will NOT remember one's righteousness. How terrible! shocked shocked shocked My prayer for you is that your latter end will be glorious than both your past and present.

Verse 44 of Matthew 12 will lead me to point three which is what you should do next.

3. Seek the gift of the Holy spirit. Now that you have the fullness of the Spirit, ask for His gifts - Read 1Corinthians 12. The gifts will take you even to higher realm. wink A fabulous book that I have come across with a good insight to the Holy Spirit and His gifts titled "The Holy Spirit and His Gifts" by Kenneth E. Hagin" will be valuable to you at this point in time; you will in addition get a comprehensive explanation of the experience you had with references to scriptures.

Finally, be aware that discouragement will come in several ways and in different forms. May God that has cleansed you and filled you grant you grace to continue to be holy and keep your feet steady on this narrow road.

Shalom cool
Re: The Holy Spirit Came And I Spoke In Tongues How Do I Keep Him Always With Me by Dios(f): 4:12pm On Aug 05, 2007
@jesuspikin, My punishment for dissing the holy spirit is on the way? ooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, wateva clown, well I got some punishment to give out too, so next time you sneeze its because my "holy spirit" is trying to force some sh#t down your nose, when you trip it's trying to break your neck, when you wake up in the morning and experience a slight ache in your back, holy spirit is trying to blow your back out. And when you eat in your dream that my friend is me intiating you into my cult. Better pray hard if you think your power can stand up to mine.

Let me translate:
[/b]oshi biko bok artie bucco, silvio dante jaka kaja marlo snnnnnooooooop avo n bar ks dale, stri nger be ll lulu foooookc hgee koabgroi mnvajshooom vroom vroom boom bas tik kal mi fant as tik lao lova lo va.[b]

(1) (Reply)

I Was Lucky To Get Some Black Magic From My Friends Village And It Works For Rea / Does He Answer Prayers Too? / Isnt It Wrong For Christian Pharmacists To Sell Condoms

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.