Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,130 members, 7,814,947 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:20 AM

Magodo: Lagos Reps Demand Probe Of Malami Over Involvement In Planned Demolition - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Magodo: Lagos Reps Demand Probe Of Malami Over Involvement In Planned Demolition (29344 Views)

NASS: Lagos Reps Pick 4 ‘Juicy’ Committee Chairs / Lagos Reps Candidate James Faleke Buys Kogi APC Guber Form / Just In: Abayomi Ayeola Lagos Reps Member Is Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Magodo: Lagos Reps Demand Probe Of Malami Over Involvement In Planned Demolition by Malawian(m): 12:03am On Jan 05, 2022
adamsmith914:
Stop embarrassing yourself, since you did not read It, you might as well keep your trap shut?

According to the Lagos government, the case dates back to the demolition of properties at Shangisha village between 1984 and 1985, after which a supreme court verdict ordered the state to give the Shangisha landlords 549 plots of land as a “matter of first priority”.

Who demolished it? I know that period was military government headed by Buhari.
Re: Magodo: Lagos Reps Demand Probe Of Malami Over Involvement In Planned Demolition by getemail: 12:12am On Jan 05, 2022
Malawian:
Sanwo Plus should allocate Magodo 2 to Adeyiga and then revoke it immediately. The Land Use Decree vested all lands in Lagos State under his care. There are many ways to skin a chicken.

He can't do shit... if not he would have been revoking many people's land... and give to their cronies
Re: Magodo: Lagos Reps Demand Probe Of Malami Over Involvement In Planned Demolition by Malawian(m): 12:23am On Jan 05, 2022
getemail:

He can't do shit... if not he would have been revoking many people's land... and give to their cronies
He can if he wants, which law is wikeusing to revoke people's properties in PH? Na just say crase pass crase for gidi.
Re: Magodo: Lagos Reps Demand Probe Of Malami Over Involvement In Planned Demolition by Jacksonian001(m): 12:50am On Jan 05, 2022
Re: Magodo: Lagos Reps Demand Probe Of Malami Over Involvement In Planned Demolition by Strongmighty: 1:12am On Jan 05, 2022
Use that book to structure your life.

Dont disturb us. All you need is our money to eat and drink.

[Qquote author=Busineessguru1 post=109087137]Are you into business and you want to learn how to structure your business to be like big organizations like Coca-Cola and other big corporations I have an ebook that will help you structure your business to function effectively without your supervision or having to always monitor your workers before work can be done and help you maximize profit. For just 3k you can get the material for now before it goes back to 5k and I will also add you to a Whatsapp business group for free where you will learn more and connect. Contact me with the number below in my profile[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Magodo: Lagos Reps Demand Probe Of Malami Over Involvement In Planned Demolition by sonofElElyon: 1:17am On Jan 05, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:
They should face Supreme Court that pronounced that the true owners of the land were cheated and the land be returned to them.

In my opinion, this issue has absolutely nothing to do with Malami and they will be playing to the gallery by attempting to politicize it. Thank God the true owners of the land who were cheated for several years took the path of legal redress instead of taking the laws into their own hands. The SC judgement is a serious indictment on the state and it will be nice if the judgement winners petition EFCC to investigate and prosecute those Lagos State officials who originally sold the land after dispossessing the true owners .

This issue can't be closed with just returning the land, it's an opportunity to see the faces of those who put LASG in this disgraceful position where the Governor is engaging in the criminality of attempting to block the enforcement of a SC judgement and even the LASG AG resorted to twisting the SC judgement and outrightly threatening the judgement winners.
With the kind of advice the Attorney General gave the Governor, the judgement winners should report the AG to NJC and NBA disciplinary committee.

Until the judgement winners petition EFCC, those standing against the execution of the judgement won't realise the severity of the injustice committed against private citizens who had to go hungry for years just to get back their property.

I think the issue is why is malami involved in the judgement execution
Why must malami personally get involved
It is worth investigating! It creates a suspicion of monetary or proprietary benefit to be conferred on him for "helping out".
No one is questioning the validity of the supreme court judgement... But the malami angle needs to be investigated..

p.s. the victims here are those allotted plots by Lagos government.. they are not really parties to the dispute between Lagos and the original landowners but are now those suffering..
For their sakes, the Lagos State and the original landowners should reach a compromise / settlement.. maybe payment by Lagos to the original landowners for the plots affected

1 Like

Re: Magodo: Lagos Reps Demand Probe Of Malami Over Involvement In Planned Demolition by Tzar(m): 1:28am On Jan 05, 2022
Sometimes, there can be a political solution to a legal dispute.
In my opinion, given the huge value of the asset already on the land, I suggest the old occupiers should negotiate a reasonable settlement with the SC judgement owners. Instead of destroying lifelong properties running into billions. There are several known land disputes settled this way.
This way both parties will gain something.
Don’t forget that LASG has the constitutional right to give and withdraw the Cof O at anytime. Any judgement that contradicts this runs ultra vires to the grundnorm.

FreeStuffsNG:
They should face Supreme Court that pronounced that the true owners of the land were cheated and the land be returned to them.

In my opinion, this issue has absolutely nothing to do with Malami and they will be playing to the gallery by attempting to politicize it. Thank God the true owners of the land who were cheated for several years took the path of legal redress instead of taking the laws into their own hands. The SC judgement is a serious indictment on the state and it will be nice if the judgement winners petition EFCC to investigate and prosecute those Lagos State officials who originally sold the land after dispossessing the true owners .

This issue can't be closed with just returning the land, it's an opportunity to see the faces of those who put LASG in this disgraceful position where the Governor is engaging in the criminality of attempting to block the enforcement of a SC judgement and even the LASG AG resorted to twisting the SC judgement and outrightly threatening the judgement winners.
With the kind of advice the Attorney General gave the Governor, the judgement winners should report the AG to NJC and NBA disciplinary committee.

Until the judgement winners petition EFCC, those standing against the execution of the judgement won't realise the severity of the injustice committed against private citizens who had to go hungry for years just to get back their property.
Re: Magodo: Lagos Reps Demand Probe Of Malami Over Involvement In Planned Demolition by MTNNG(m): 2:01am On Jan 05, 2022
Re: Magodo: Lagos Reps Demand Probe Of Malami Over Involvement In Planned Demolition by Cholls(m): 2:09am On Jan 05, 2022
sonofElElyon:

I think the issue is why is malami involved in the judgement execution
Why must malami personally get involved
It is worth investigating! It creates a suspicion of monetary or proprietary benefit to be conferred on him for "helping out".
No one is questioning the validity of the supreme court judgement... But the malami angle needs to be investigated..

p.s. the victims here are those allotted plots by Lagos government.. they are not really parties to the dispute between Lagos and the original landowners but are now those suffering..
For their sakes, the Lagos State and the original landowners should reach a compromise / settlement.. maybe payment by Lagos to the original landowners for the plots affected

1 Like

Re: Magodo: Lagos Reps Demand Probe Of Malami Over Involvement In Planned Demolition by Abujason: 2:29am On Jan 05, 2022
Islie:

https://www.thecable.ng/magodo-lagos-reps-demand-probe-of-malami-over-alleged-involvement-in-planned-demolition/amp

You can’t probe the defacto president of Nigeria. The man just dey laff una.
Next time may una choose wisely .
Re: Magodo: Lagos Reps Demand Probe Of Malami Over Involvement In Planned Demolition by StarGra: 2:34am On Jan 05, 2022
Malami don do plenty ugly for Nigeria ooo...Always in the news for anything negative...And them say nah Chiief judge...
Re: Magodo: Lagos Reps Demand Probe Of Malami Over Involvement In Planned Demolition by Yankee101: 2:34am On Jan 05, 2022
Probe how?

Na Supreme Court get judgement

Follow a case up before it crystallizes in the Supreme Court. Infact when you begin to take the justices disdain they'll use you as an example, state or individual
Re: Magodo: Lagos Reps Demand Probe Of Malami Over Involvement In Planned Demolition by Osilama1: 2:36am On Jan 05, 2022
austinvsb:
This nonsense overcentralization of governance in Nigeria must STOP!! It's the major impediment to the growth of nations in the country!

How can a governor assure his residents of safety when he can't even give orders to the security officers in the state!

Madness!

PS - Malami Minions are trying to divert the discussion to the supreme Court judgement rather than the real issue which is the ABSURDITY of the Governor of a state not being aware of a security operation in his domain and the CSP disregarding a direct order from him to stand down!
stop writing nonsense there's a court order which malemi as attorney general is trying to see through
Re: Magodo: Lagos Reps Demand Probe Of Malami Over Involvement In Planned Demolition by Nobody: 2:43am On Jan 05, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:

As far as I am concerned your submission is senseless under this scenario. You might have excited those who reason against knowledge and the power of the State governor in a Federal System of government.

Somebody asked why Honourable Kuye from Somolu District was involved. They said only Honourable Agunsoye should have been involved because he represents Kosofe. All this needs no explanation.

I am not against Shangisha land owners and at the same time not against the present State government of governor Sanwoolu. This is because of my knowledge of Shangisha history and that of Festac extension. Shangisha was a village / slum / swamps in 1984 during the military era. I know some of the owners of land in that place in the 80s that had died long time ago and their children are awaiting millions from that Magodo land and those awaiting settlement for services rendered in the pursuit of the case. LASG is also aware of this.

The problem is the judgement from Supreme Court and the value of the land now. In my earlier submission on this topic, the value of the land to be determined by the Shangisha Landlord Association and their real estate valuers and those with C of O in the Estate. This places the burden on the State government. The State is yet to recover from End SARS destruction.

Federal agencies cannot come to execute judgement in State on a matter where the State government is indirectly the culprit. I observed in the United States that is why each State has her own Supreme Court and Laws vary from States to States. I am against Law enforcement agent disobeying instructions from a Standing State governor. I am also against Estate Security humiliating a State Police Commissioner from entering an Estate within his State of oversight. I think it is ignorance on the side of the security about the powers of a State Police Commissioner.

There are lots of crisis on the ground in Yoruba land. Elites need to come together to support Prof Akintoye and IOO. There are several ways issues can be resolved.

1 Like

Re: Magodo: Lagos Reps Demand Probe Of Malami Over Involvement In Planned Demolition by tradepunter: 2:52am On Jan 05, 2022
post=109087194:

Thanks for your insightful output on thus issue.
We now understand it better and know where all the hullabaloo is coming from.

It is always good and refreshing to see we still have reasonable and sensible members like you on this forum.

Btw, we gave you your first like Man of God! wink

Why e nu go dy sound sensible and smell refreshable when both of una na BMC??

Deceivers of thy shelves, would have karma visit them 10 folds and there would be no escape.

If you like make una dy sound portable, the dance must end at a point.

1 Like

Re: Magodo: Lagos Reps Demand Probe Of Malami Over Involvement In Planned Demolition by FreeStuffsNG: 3:23am On Jan 05, 2022
Eriokanmi:
Good one! Unfortunately, there's nothing anyone can do to upturn the supreme court judgement. The worst thing that can happen is for both defendants and plaintiff to settle out of court, should the former agree to the arrangement.

I've been saying this times without number. Lies can run for 20 years but in a split second, the truth will overtake it. When the lagos landlord was busy intimidating people and wielding power via his wolves and hyenas, all the way from iragbiji in osun state his hometown and became untouchable, it was like his rulership would last forever. The same judiciary he had been using to have his way in everything is now wielding a stick on his back. You can't cheat people forever, you can't be a slave driver forever. The majority of lagos directors-general, senior staff and key politicians have houses in magodo, curtesy Tinubu. Many odbthem aren't even sons and daughters of Lagos.

Our uncle Pa Jakande developed lagos without leaving disgruntled feelings in the minds of people in Lagos. All the land owners were duly compensated. I remember the Jakande Estate and other estates he built during his tenure in the 80s. All the aworis were well compensated. He gave the affected groups scholarships, employment and lands in other parts of lagos before he embarked on the erstwhile largest estate in Africa becore Gwarinpa overtook it.

Tinubu came and deployed his thugs to intimidate people over land issues. Too ba gbemu, you'd smell death if you didn't die eventually. Nice judgement ever. Gradually, we will take back what belongs to us. Magodo landlords should approach the court and do the needful. Their money must not go just like that. Supreme court judgement is supreme according to its name and there's nothing anyone can do about it. I'm not a fan of the apc but malami is in order in this. He's the AGF and MOJ.

This event is not linked to Asiwaju Tinubu. Please don't bring him in. And if you believe Asiwaju Tinubu is from wherever because Chief Bode George kept recycling that lie, it doesn't stick. Asiwaju was not even mentioned in the case so let's stay within the limit of intelligent and productive debate , not mudslinging of the one you hate with passion wink
Re: Magodo: Lagos Reps Demand Probe Of Malami Over Involvement In Planned Demolition by FreeStuffsNG: 3:34am On Jan 05, 2022
2mNaira:

But the Supreme court never said the state should neccessarily return the land back to the judgement creditors. The supreme Court gave an option of being given replacement lands of their choice in other parts of Lagos. It is this option that the Lagos State government is trying to explore that is why Lagos State see it as a case of reallocation.

So, hastily going to demolish the buildings on the land may not be the best resolution.

Modified:
Please EFCC has nothing to do with this. A recent Supreme court ruling has clearly stated that EFCC only has no business with cases that do not involve moving money illegally out of Nigeria.
Obviously, they don't want the condescending and insulting 'options' LASG gave them. If they do, they will not suffer for those long years of following the case up to SC to get justice. Those who bought the land stolen from the owners by some unscrupulous LASG officials, despite the caveat emptor on the land, knew what they were getting into. Nobody should intimidate the true owners of the land. It's insulting asking them to forfeit their land in Magodo to settle in Badagry or Ibeju Lekki. It's morally wrong and ungodly.
Right now, the SC judgement is in their favour and the Governor should not attempt to review a SC judgement. It's illegal and no matter what meeting he has with them, it doesn't overide the SC judgement.
EFCC needs to find out if the obtaining of the land from the true owners was by fraudulent and deceitful means and if it's so, EFCC should prosecute all those who stole the land from the true owners and shared it among themselves and their cronies.
Re: Magodo: Lagos Reps Demand Probe Of Malami Over Involvement In Planned Demolition by Nobody: 3:46am On Jan 05, 2022
Eriokanmi:
Good one! Unfortunately, there's nothing anyone can do to upturn the supreme court judgement. The worst thing that can happen is for both defendants and plaintiff to settle out of court, should the former agree to the arrangement.

I've been saying this times without number. Lies can run for 20 years but in a split second, the truth will overtake it. When the lagos landlord was busy intimidating people and wielding power via his wolves and hyenas, all the way from iragbiji in osun state his hometown and became untouchable, it was like his rulership would last forever. The same judiciary he had been using to have his way in everything is now wielding a stick on his back. You can't cheat people forever, you can't be a slave driver forever. The majority of lagos directors-general, senior staff and key politicians have houses in magodo, curtesy Tinubu. Many odbthem aren't even sons and daughters of Lagos.

Our uncle Pa Jakande developed lagos without leaving disgruntled feelings in the minds of people in Lagos. All the land owners were duly compensated. I remember the Jakande Estate and other estates he built during his tenure in the 80s. All the aworis were well compensated. He gave the affected groups scholarships, employment and lands in other parts of lagos before he embarked on the erstwhile largest estate in Africa becore Gwarinpa overtook it.

Tinubu came and deployed his thugs to intimidate people over land issues. Too ba gbemu, you'd smell death if you didn't die eventually. Nice judgement ever. Gradually, we will take back what belongs to us. Magodo landlords should approach the court and do the needful. Their money must not go just like that. Supreme court judgement is supreme according to its name and there's nothing anyone can do about it. I'm not a fan of the apc but malami is in order in this. He's the AGF and MOJ.

What you are saying is meaningless here. What has Jakande building estates got to do with Shangisha village land? All what you said about Awori compensation, scholarships etc were false history and not connected here. What concerns Tinubu here?

The other time I corrected somebody who said Mile 2 to Badagry was suggested to be a dual carriageway by Mobolaji Johnson who actually constructed it. The person used almost four hours to write pages of essay on nairaland about governors in Lagos.

It is not everything you must contribute. If you don't know anything about a subject, just keep quiet.

As at 1984, that place was a village / slum / swamps.
Re: Magodo: Lagos Reps Demand Probe Of Malami Over Involvement In Planned Demolition by esthel(f): 3:58am On Jan 05, 2022
Oh now Federal Government now knows their is rule of Law and supreme Court Judgment should be obeyed. So many court decisions that have been flagrantly disobeyed by this administration.

Whoever paid Malami and IG should know their money has entered the drains, they should stay away from destabilising the state.
Re: Magodo: Lagos Reps Demand Probe Of Malami Over Involvement In Planned Demolition by nograv: 4:11am On Jan 05, 2022
austinvsb:
This nonsense overcentralization of governance in Nigeria must STOP!! It's the major impediment to the growth of nations in the country!

How can a governor assure his residents of safety when he can't even give orders to the security officers in the state!

Madness!

PS - Malami Minions are trying to divert the discussion to the supreme Court judgement rather than the real issue which is the ABSURDITY of the Governor of a state not being aware of a security operation in his domain and the CSP disregarding a direct order from him to stand down!

Yup, nairaland is dead... I have noticed how the first post was one immediately defending Malami and has a suspicious high amount of up votes..

This forum is dead, filled with agents of the govt and false up vote activity using bots..

How can a Federal Government North Politician just send his minions into a Southern state without consulting that states governor??

Nonsense, the South is truly ruled by the North.. That is the truth shown here..

2 Likes

Re: Magodo: Lagos Reps Demand Probe Of Malami Over Involvement In Planned Demolition by nograv: 4:12am On Jan 05, 2022
babaolofin:

As far as I am concerned your submission is senseless under this scenario. You might have excited those who reason against knowledge and the power of the State governor in a Federal System of government.

Somebody asked why Honourable Kuye from Somolu District was involved. They said only Honourable Agunsoye should have been involved because he represents Kosofe. All this needs no explanation.

I am not against Shangisha land owners and at the same time not against the present State government of governor Sanwoolu. This is because of my knowledge of Shangisha history and that of Festac extension. Shangisha was a village / slum / swamps in 1984 during the military era. I know some of the owners of land in that place in the 80s that had died long time ago and their children are awaiting millions from that Magodo land and those awaiting settlement for services rendered in the pursuit of the case. LASG is also aware of this.

The problem is the judgement from Supreme Court and the value of the land now. In my earlier submission on this topic, the value of the land to be determined by the Shangisha Landlord Association and their real estate valuers and those with C of O in the Estate. This places the burden on the State government. The State is yet to recover from End SARS destruction.

Federal agencies cannot come to execute judgement in State on a matter where the State government is indirectly the culprit. I observed in the United States that is why each State has her own Supreme Court and Laws vary from States to States. I am against Law enforcement agent disobeying instructions from a Standing State governor. I am also against Estate Security humiliating a State Police Commissioner from entering an Estate within his State of oversight. I think it is ignorance on the side of the security about the powers of a State Police Commissioner.

There are lots of crisis on the ground in Yoruba land. Elites need to come together to support Prof Akintoye and IOO. There are several ways issues can be resolved.

He is a zombie and his up votes are from bots.. Nairaland is dead..
Re: Magodo: Lagos Reps Demand Probe Of Malami Over Involvement In Planned Demolition by Navalsadiq(m): 4:34am On Jan 05, 2022
Malami again
Re: Magodo: Lagos Reps Demand Probe Of Malami Over Involvement In Planned Demolition by ButterBurger: 4:38am On Jan 05, 2022
State police and local police are needed.
Re: Magodo: Lagos Reps Demand Probe Of Malami Over Involvement In Planned Demolition by Ghostmode2two(m): 4:39am On Jan 05, 2022
The Lagos State government wasn't Right in doing what they did. Taking lands from the original owners and selling it to the highest bidders was totally bad. What happens to the CofO given to these president residents of the Magodo Estate. Revocation or what? What a sensitive government.
Re: Magodo: Lagos Reps Demand Probe Of Malami Over Involvement In Planned Demolition by jcross19: 4:41am On Jan 05, 2022
Brendaniel:
Malami is the president of Nigeria, his tenure ends in 2023...
try to read the post before comment , I think malami is doing what's right here...
Re: Magodo: Lagos Reps Demand Probe Of Malami Over Involvement In Planned Demolition by Bluntemperor: 4:59am On Jan 05, 2022
post=109087194:

Thanks for your insightful output on thus issue.
We now understand it better and know where all the hullabaloo is coming from.

It is always good and refreshing to see we still have reasonable and sensible members like you on this forum.

Btw, we gave you your first like Man of God! wink

What goes round comes around!
Virtually all the three-Arms of Govt( the Executive, Legislature and the Judiciary- has joined other two arms) in Nigeria, have offended the Public psciche in implimentations of the law and that is why we now have confusions everywhere!
May be they think the Public don't see,nor hear!
Why should it be that the poor are always cheated, remember the Maroko land tussle!
Why is it that when it comes to the so called 'rich' the Judgement is held up in the air!
Why should many thousands of Cases in the Courts- so much in Decades,even between High-Courts,National Industrial Courts, Appeal Courts and now the Supreme Court in our land and even the Public,the Journalists are only after the Political matters !
For instance-Why should Cases of Decades( stayed between Industrial Courts and Appeal Courts- in an Industrial matters/ Labour Matters) in Nigeria?
Simple rules-,do the Employers follow ALL the Rules of Disengagement in a dispute- where there is Staff Disciplinary Committee-did they allowed the Staff to state his/her own matters or the Judge just look the other side like a Custom at the border. That is the problem here in Nigeria. Where arrors are made in Court Judgement,it stays there! What a Nation!
This is Nigeria for you!
Suddenly now the Federal Govt through her Officials is flexing mussle but those other Cases in limbo can take donkey years,or ii it about personal interest? So,the Statue in front of the Courts that covers her face- is it about Interest or Fairness? Since it's about Fairness,then what is good for the gesse is also good for gander!
The Governor of Lagos State should continue his heart-bending - moves to see that the Judgement Creditors are handsomely -compensated because of the Decades of Injustices to the Real Owners of the land and since two wrongs cannot make a right,it should be settled amicably ,remember that over 500-Plots of land is a huge Community!
Let there be Peace in Lagos State!
God bless Lagos State.
Re: Magodo: Lagos Reps Demand Probe Of Malami Over Involvement In Planned Demolition by Nobody: 5:08am On Jan 05, 2022
He will deny as usual
Re: Magodo: Lagos Reps Demand Probe Of Malami Over Involvement In Planned Demolition by InoFilms: 5:26am On Jan 05, 2022
A Pedagogy Entertaining Movie "ALMOST" By Ino Moses Jonah ( Photos ) | https://www.oni9jablog.com/2022/01/a-pedagogy-entertaining-movie-almost-by.html
Re: Magodo: Lagos Reps Demand Probe Of Malami Over Involvement In Planned Demolition by bibiking7(m): 5:26am On Jan 05, 2022

People won a case at the Supreme Court. Rather than allocate their land to them, you are talking about Malami. Nonsense and ingredients. You are trying to move the owners of the land to badagry.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

El-rufai Admits Spiritual Attack - The Sun / Diesel, Kerosene Prices Skyrocket Nationwide / Tinubu Appoints Hakeem Muri-Okunola, 15 Others As Senior Special Assistants

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.