Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,124 members, 7,811,160 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:56 AM

If A Girl Is Raped Wearing This Dress, Is It Her Fault? (photo) - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / If A Girl Is Raped Wearing This Dress, Is It Her Fault? (photo) (15042 Views)

So Bae Is Really Mad At Me But This Time Its Her Fault. / Gay Man Kicked Out Of Swimming Pool For Wearing This At Encore Beach Club / "Guys, If You Are Wearing This Kind Of Boxers In 2018, You Are Cancelled" - Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

If A Girl Is Raped Wearing This Dress, Is It Her Fault? (photo) by siofra(f): 12:15am On Jan 05, 2022
I've heard the opinion of white men. Now I want to hear the opinion of Nigerian men.

If a girl wears this dress (not necessarily this dress, any skimpy dress) to a party and she's raped. Is it her fault?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: If A Girl Is Raped Wearing This Dress, Is It Her Fault? (photo) by Nobody: 12:30am On Jan 05, 2022
It's everyone's fault.

Its the society's fault for allowing such a dress to be produced, and for accepting such standards.
It's the designer fault for designing such a cloth
It's the lady's fault for dressing seductively to attract attention
It's the man's fault for being coveteous and uncontrolling.

68 Likes 6 Shares

Re: If A Girl Is Raped Wearing This Dress, Is It Her Fault? (photo) by Mrscarter(f): 1:01am On Jan 05, 2022
Jondelng:
It's everyone's fault.

Its the society's fault for allowing such a dress to be produced, and for accepting such standards.
It's the designer fault for designing such a cloth
It's the lady's fault for dressing seductively to attract attention
It's the man's fault for being coveteous and uncontrolling.

No its on the man. Just cos a woman turns a man on dont mean he has to force her to have sex with him. Who can make a man move his arms n legs n pull his dikk out to rape someone? Only the man himself has that power to move his own body. So if he rapes a woman no matter wat shes wearing its his fault. A man should have restraint. Just cos a woman looks sexy it dont give anybody the right to force themselves on her

41 Likes 6 Shares

Re: If A Girl Is Raped Wearing This Dress, Is It Her Fault? (photo) by Rickmann: 1:06am On Jan 05, 2022
siofra:
I've heard the opinion of white men. Now I want to hear the opinion of Nigerian men.

If a girl wears this dress (not necessarily this dress, any skimpy dress) to a party and she's raped. Is it her fault?

No it's my fault..
Mtchewww!

6 Likes

Re: If A Girl Is Raped Wearing This Dress, Is It Her Fault? (photo) by BUGOFF(m): 1:07am On Jan 05, 2022
It's 'Rape's fault. Such a word should never have been formed. grin
Just kidding. I subscribe to neither rape nor indecent, provocative appearances.

5 Likes

Re: If A Girl Is Raped Wearing This Dress, Is It Her Fault? (photo) by Coly2012(m): 1:53am On Jan 05, 2022
There is no justification for rape

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If A Girl Is Raped Wearing This Dress, Is It Her Fault? (photo) by Naijanascam: 1:56am On Jan 05, 2022
The rapist is to be blamed....... for there are thousands of ladies wearing such dresses......

To prevent rapists from doing what they are known for because of seeing ladies on skimpy dresses, they should consider this option below please

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: If A Girl Is Raped Wearing This Dress, Is It Her Fault? (photo) by Nobody: 2:00am On Jan 05, 2022
Very unfortunate that such a question would be asked by a lady undecided Well, in a certain region of the world, there are women wearing burkas that cover them from head to toe yet still they are subject to being sexually violated. It just goes to show a woman's attire is not the issue rather it is a man's inability to resist the temptation to violate the woman that IS the issue.

She should be free to walk nude if she wants to in this world that was SUPPOSED to be free for all, sadly this is not the case. Sadly if she were violated she, NOT THE PERPETRATOR, would be blamed.

Humanity sucks.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: If A Girl Is Raped Wearing This Dress, Is It Her Fault? (photo) by Nobody: 2:50am On Jan 05, 2022
Here is why it's being said an average woman ain't safe..it's just like saying "if a man is being raped is it his choice of clothing fault"

A woman has all right to dress the way she so wants that's freedom and you ain't justified to rape her cos of her style of dressing..
Girls clothing has nothing to do with it. Problem is mentally ill criminal minded rapist men who go on with the act..

What has everything to do with rape is the person committing rape..Rape has nothing to do with sex..Rape is all about control...Rape is assault just as punching someone in the face.. If the rapist wants to rape.. what the person is wearing or not wearing does not matter they will still rape...
Failing to understand why some few men will blame a woman while the person who perpetrated the act is being ignored..

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: If A Girl Is Raped Wearing This Dress, Is It Her Fault? (photo) by LordIsaac(m): 3:18am On Jan 05, 2022
Victim precipitation theory exists in Criminology.

5 Likes

Re: If A Girl Is Raped Wearing This Dress, Is It Her Fault? (photo) by Odinaka00(m): 3:58am On Jan 05, 2022
Rape has nothing to do with how a lady is dressed… kids of 3-5yrs old are raped… Do these kids wear seductive clothes? No. Old women in their 70s re being raped, do these women wear sexy clothes ? No…. Rape is a mental disease

21 Likes 6 Shares

Re: If A Girl Is Raped Wearing This Dress, Is It Her Fault? (photo) by heniford2: 5:03am On Jan 05, 2022
Mrscarter:

No its on the man. Just cos a woman turns a man on dont mean he has to force her to have sex with him. Who can make a man move his arms n legs n pull his dikk out to rape someone? Only the man himself has that power to move his own body. So if he rapes a woman no matter wat shes wearing its his fault. A man should have restraint. Just cos a woman looks sexy it dont give anybody the right to force themselves on her
you can wear pants and bra and move to slum areas alone too undecided and say its men fault, Rape is bad but i have come to understand that 70% of Rape cases are caused by female undecided

5 Likes

Re: If A Girl Is Raped Wearing This Dress, Is It Her Fault? (photo) by nagalee(m): 5:09am On Jan 05, 2022
Say No To Rape.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If A Girl Is Raped Wearing This Dress, Is It Her Fault? (photo) by DrFunmisticGlow: 5:11am On Jan 05, 2022
siofra:

No.

It's not her fault. But the fault of the animal masquerading as a man who has no self control

If the man for example knew that she was maybe HIV, syphilis and herpes positive, would he still rape her?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: If A Girl Is Raped Wearing This Dress, Is It Her Fault? (photo) by SonOfEl(m): 5:27am On Jan 05, 2022
Womenarespecial:
Here is why it's being said an average woman ain't safe..it's just like saying "if a man is being raped is it his choice of clothing fault"

A woman has all right to dress the way she so wants that's freedom and you ain't justified to rape her cos of her style of dressing..
Girls clothing has nothing to do with it. Problem is mentally ill criminal minded rapist men who go on with the act..

What has everything to do with rape is the person committing rape..Rape has nothing to do with sex..Rape is all about control...Rape is assault just as punching someone in the face.. If the rapist wants to rape.. what the person is wearing or not wearing does not matter they will still rape...
Failing to understand why some few men will blame a woman while the person who perpetrated the act is being ignored..

Point of correction, a woman does not have the right to dress the way she wants. This is because of the nature of her body. Both common sense and spirituality says that.

By nature a woman's body anatomy is designed to trigger sexual interest from the man even if she isnt in the mood. Simple human physiology explains that.

Am i justifying rape? Hell No! But why harass a man mentally and psychologically when you know by nature he is driven to show sexual interest when he sees a woman's unclothedness?

14 Likes

Re: If A Girl Is Raped Wearing This Dress, Is It Her Fault? (photo) by GboyegaD(m): 5:29am On Jan 05, 2022
It is the man's fault for lacking self control.

8 Likes 5 Shares

Re: If A Girl Is Raped Wearing This Dress, Is It Her Fault? (photo) by Hathor5(f): 5:34am On Jan 05, 2022
NO!

Another slowpoke will consider a pair of jeans an invitation to think it is ok to commit a crime. Yet another one will rape a woman in a hijab. And another because a woman smiled.

Where does it start and end when we put the blame on the victim instead of the criminal?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: If A Girl Is Raped Wearing This Dress, Is It Her Fault? (photo) by Hathor5(f): 5:39am On Jan 05, 2022
heniford2:
you can wear pants and bra and move to slum areas alone too undecided and say its men fault, Rape is bad but i have come to understand that 70% of Rape cases are caused by female undecided

They raped themselves?

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If A Girl Is Raped Wearing This Dress, Is It Her Fault? (photo) by Hathor5(f): 5:40am On Jan 05, 2022
Odinaka00:
Rape has nothing to do with how a lady is dressed… kids of 3-5yrs old are raped… Do these kids wear seductive clothes? No. Old women in their 70s re being raped, do these women wear sexy clothes ? No…. Rape is a mental disease

Exactly!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: If A Girl Is Raped Wearing This Dress, Is It Her Fault? (photo) by akezn: 6:04am On Jan 05, 2022
There is no justifiable reason for anybody to be raped.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If A Girl Is Raped Wearing This Dress, Is It Her Fault? (photo) by Mophor: 6:08am On Jan 05, 2022
Issokay!!!

So OP fit dy masturbate with dt pic if you don't av the opportunity to rape grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: If A Girl Is Raped Wearing This Dress, Is It Her Fault? (photo) by Vinnie2000(m): 6:16am On Jan 05, 2022
DrFunmisticGlow:
No.

It's not her fault. But the fault of the animal masquerading as a man who has no self control

If the man for example knew that she was maybe HIV, syphilis and herpes positive, would he still rape her?

Of course, it is NOT her fault!

But Plz this shouldn't make Ladies be wearing skimpy dresses or mothers dressing dier daughters scantily! undecided embarassed

Just like a 14 years old boy with big dick is always putting on briefs in a house full of ladies!
If two of the ladies ties him and rapes him, it's not his Fault but he inadvertently tempted the Ladies! sad

Just like a housewife who puts Fried Chicken in front of you and walks out of the house to buy sth! embarassed
Isn't this a case of Deliberate Temptation?

Plz, We should NEVER underestimate Lust and sexual urges of humans! undecided

4 Likes

Re: If A Girl Is Raped Wearing This Dress, Is It Her Fault? (photo) by Vinnie2000(m): 6:26am On Jan 05, 2022
SonOfEl:

Point of correction, a woman does not have the right to dress the way she wants. This is because of the nature of her body. Both common sense and spirituality says that.

By nature a woman's body anatomy is designed to trigger sexual interest from the man even if she isnt in the mood. Simple human physiology explains that.

Am i justifying rape? Hell No! But why harass a man mentally and psychologically when you know by nature he is driven to show sexual interest when he sees a woman's unclothedness?

Dat's it!

That's why When I see ladies going to Nite parties dressed Scantily, I just wonder!

Even the female Fashion world is controlled by ladies who knows the power of a Woman's body/curves! cool

because Men should have self control does not mean that Ladies should be dressing half naked! sad

3 Likes

Re: If A Girl Is Raped Wearing This Dress, Is It Her Fault? (photo) by padi94(m): 6:29am On Jan 05, 2022
It's the rapist fault, too bad we have moved to victim blaming.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If A Girl Is Raped Wearing This Dress, Is It Her Fault? (photo) by beautyhd: 6:33am On Jan 05, 2022
...that this question is coming from a lady @ op is really disturbing.

If you really know that rape cannot be justified, this question won't arise.

In Nigeria, rapists are rarely given the treatment they deserve hence the increase in rape cases.

In America, if you are labelled a sex offender, your own is finished, many sex offenders didn't rape women, some of them touched them inappropriately, some used offensive sexual words, some tried sleeping forceful with ladies and some succeeded in raping women. In Nigeria, you will see men harrasing ladies and touching them inappropriately and yet nothing is done to them.

Sexual offenders and rapists are looked at in the US as murderers hence the severe sentences they get.

Until we realize that no reason can be given for rape as the psychological trauma goes for years causing some of the victims to have PTSD and yet the society will see them as being emotionally unstable when they start manifesting such.

A man that can see the lady represented above and want to rape her because of her dressing can also rape a sick sister in his care because the sister is scantily clad as a result of illness, can also rape an old woman that bare her breasts and can also rape a 3 month baby kept under his watch.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: If A Girl Is Raped Wearing This Dress, Is It Her Fault? (photo) by shakespere: 6:38am On Jan 05, 2022
What is your business with what anyone is wearing? you will commit a crime that can lead you to up to twenty years in prison because of what a woman is wearing? e be like you dey mental. Even if she de waka naked, none of your freaking business, just look and pass. No let evil spirit lead to your destruction
Re: If A Girl Is Raped Wearing This Dress, Is It Her Fault? (photo) by phemmyfour: 6:39am On Jan 05, 2022
siofra:

It's not her fault even if she's naked

2 Likes

Re: If A Girl Is Raped Wearing This Dress, Is It Her Fault? (photo) by rex444(m): 6:43am On Jan 05, 2022
It's Buhari's fault
Re: If A Girl Is Raped Wearing This Dress, Is It Her Fault? (photo) by Nobody: 6:49am On Jan 05, 2022
SonOfEl:

I repeat for everyone to see..a woman is allowed to dress anyhow she wants and anyone who ain't comfortable should deal with it..
He is talking about harassing a man mentally and psychologically..if as a sensible man you can't control yourself around women then you ain't enough to be called a man..
No one should dictate what you have to wear just cos of some uncultured being who can't control himself and his manhood around women..
Men are allowed to do but women ain't.. when men do women don't complain of being mentally harassed "gender inequality"
Why do societies get to pick and choose and probe over such questions only in case of girls /women?

Why is the clothes she wears always of so much importance to every other person? the length of her skirt is directly propotional to her character..the size of her cleavage is protional to how much ‘she asks for it’...The dress she wore would justify her getting raped or not...These questions simply prove how crude our mentality is and how primitive our thoughts are.

let me ask who the hell are you to allow and not allow?
i have never seen a comment on men’s clothing.. its the 21st century WAKE UP!
#women you are special#be proud of your body..

2 Likes

Re: If A Girl Is Raped Wearing This Dress, Is It Her Fault? (photo) by eazzzy1(m): 7:00am On Jan 05, 2022
It is not her fault. Ladies should take some responsibilities for protecting themselves against rape though. If I go to computer village to get a phone and someone sells a bar soap to me in the guise of a phone, is it my fault? No it isn’t but would I want to lose my money so I can find fault in the person who sold me the bar soap? It is my responsibility to guide my pocket, to not speak to street boys trying to sell me a phone, to go straight to a phone shop to make my purchase, by so doing I reduce the risk of been sold a bar soap by at least 80%.

Except you are going to a party with your partner, you shouldn’t dress this way. Also do not get drunk, take basic precautions to reduce your chances of been raped because even if the rapist goes to jail, you can’t be unraped.

3 Likes

Re: If A Girl Is Raped Wearing This Dress, Is It Her Fault? (photo) by dollytino4real(f): 7:12am On Jan 05, 2022
y should it be rape? cant u dash her money instead

2 Likes

Re: If A Girl Is Raped Wearing This Dress, Is It Her Fault? (photo) by Boogyman557: 7:13am On Jan 05, 2022
Holly Gram cool real matters..

Make I KUSH my WEED in peace..

MATOTO LUTOTO

WTF MAN

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Seventeen Cardinal Rules Of Pu**y / Nigerian Ladies Will See This Question And Ignore. Why? See Inside / The First Time You Had Sex , How Was It ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.