Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,661 members, 7,816,698 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:31 PM

As A School Owner, Will You Employ A Man With Dreadlock As A Teacher? - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / As A School Owner, Will You Employ A Man With Dreadlock As A Teacher? (22163 Views)

Police Arrest School Owner In Delta For Allegedly Raping 4-year-old Girl / ASUU: "Again, ASUU/FG Meeting ended With Dreadlock" / Garrick Memorial School Owner Slumps, Dies After Gov. Obaseki Action (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: As A School Owner, Will You Employ A Man With Dreadlock As A Teacher? by Kinzo0917(m): 8:33am On Jan 06, 2022
matrix199:
Don't forget Jesus was a Nazareth(had dreads) and was not judged using his hair type. But then, our society has stereotyped dreadlocks as a sign or show of irresponsibility. We think low cut or bald portrays responsibility which is not necessarily true. 99% of criminals and terrorists paraded were not wearing dreadlocks but low cut. So, as a school owner, i'll give every applicant a fair treatment and later make them understand how the society sees things and how the way they see things may affect our business. A sensible dreadlock applicant would reason out my explanation.
. You are very stupid and foolish fir using Jesus Christ as an example. Comparing Jesus Christ to a mere irresponsible mortal. May al the curses in the Bible come on you, stay with you and overtake you in Jesus name. Make God never forgive you for this no matter your prayers or your repentance in the future

1 Like

Re: As A School Owner, Will You Employ A Man With Dreadlock As A Teacher? by fluffybaby(f): 8:34am On Jan 06, 2022
Solsix:
No I won't, wether natural or artificial. Am a teacher students are easily distracted, you might be teaching and the students will be admiring ur hair style u may think they are following. Next thing is for them to start copying your hairstyle . So NO

Rubbish. Unless you will also not employ a physically good looking person, a good dresser , a wise person etc

2 Likes

Re: As A School Owner, Will You Employ A Man With Dreadlock As A Teacher? by gidado14(m): 8:35am On Jan 06, 2022
matrix199:
Don't forget Jesus was a Nazareth(had dreads) and was not judged using his hair type. But then, our society has stereotyped dreadlocks as a sign or show of irresponsibility. We think low cut or bald portrays responsibility which is not necessarily true. 99% of criminals and terrorists paraded were not wearing dreadlocks but low cut. So, as a school owner, i'll give every applicant a fair treatment and later make them understand how the society sees things and how the way they see things may affect our business. A sensible dreadlock applicant would reason out my explanation.
no i will not teachers leads by example not looking like a drug dealer

1 Like

Re: As A School Owner, Will You Employ A Man With Dreadlock As A Teacher? by fluffybaby(f): 8:37am On Jan 06, 2022
Kinzo0917:
. You are very stupid and foolish fir using Jesus Christ as an example. Comparing Jesus Christ to a mere irresponsible mortal. May al the curses in the Bible come on you, stay with you and overtake you in Jesus name. Make God never forgive you for this no matter your prayers or your repentance in the future

You speak like a deranged demon yet you hiding under the cloak of Christ. Would Christ himself have said those evil words you typed there to this brother if this brother described him as a Nazarene with dreads to his face? All these witches and wizards in church sef . Claiming the love of Christ but their hearts are blacker than the hearts of evil spirits. No love, no forgiveness no mercy. Good thing the bible said you will be judged as you judged others.

4 Likes

Re: As A School Owner, Will You Employ A Man With Dreadlock As A Teacher? by Kinzo0917(m): 8:37am On Jan 06, 2022
chii8:
No, I wouldn't want to lose some parents who may see it as offensive to please a teacher.Teaching also is a noble profession,if you want to carry dreadlocks,then look for job in a music industry or cele church and not in a school.....
bless you ma for this comment of yours
Re: As A School Owner, Will You Employ A Man With Dreadlock As A Teacher? by Blackdisciple(m): 8:39am On Jan 06, 2022
A question from a Nigerian typical BUSH MAN

3 Likes

Re: As A School Owner, Will You Employ A Man With Dreadlock As A Teacher? by Psalmistproject: 8:39am On Jan 06, 2022
Islacourt:
My advice is simple. Do not employ them . Their look alone is not how we want our kids to look like. Dress well and be addressed well. If you come in a Rastalike look, be ready to have a good number of ur students think and look d same way. Puff puff

I hope you are not a hypocrite. Is your hair style now like that of your teacher?
How often do children come home and say they want to make Mr or Mrs x hairstyles? Even if they do, most parents don't care. They decide the hair do.
You people are too quick to judge the teacher but the cartoon characters the children watch day in and out shows hairstyles of varying degrees of crazy.
Would you rather have your child learn that dreads is for decent people and people with it are very intelligent people rather than seeing musicians footballers wearing them?
If the teacher that is on dread is the only teacher with the skill your school lacks to grow, will you decide to pack up rather than employ him?
The lecturers and profs with heavy beard shades in our universities, why don't they look "decent?"
I rest my case

5 Likes

Re: As A School Owner, Will You Employ A Man With Dreadlock As A Teacher? by peacettw: 8:41am On Jan 06, 2022
No
Re: As A School Owner, Will You Employ A Man With Dreadlock As A Teacher? by DamianBriel(m): 8:42am On Jan 06, 2022
matrix199:

As much as our society frowns at it just like a tattoos, I will pick the kinda of brain my elder brother has any day if he has dreads and even tattoos join. Aswear!
Re: As A School Owner, Will You Employ A Man With Dreadlock As A Teacher? by Kinzo0917(m): 8:42am On Jan 06, 2022
fluffybaby:

You speak like a deranged demon yet you hiding under the cloak of Christ. Would Christ himself have said those evil words you typed there to this brother if this brother described him as a Nazarene with dreads to his face? All these witches and wizards in church sef .
. You are a big fool and your family aswell.how dare you compare Jesus Christ to a mere mortal?someone as irresponsible like you. So is only Jesus Christ you see you can use as an example. Can you try this with prophet Mohammed S.A.W? USELESS FOOL

1 Like

Re: As A School Owner, Will You Employ A Man With Dreadlock As A Teacher? by Adadioranma79(f): 8:42am On Jan 06, 2022
I love you

HenryDion:

You actually exhibited low IQ by caring what people think.

Dread is just a hairstyle, and it's the school's job to break lame stereotypes such as this.
Re: As A School Owner, Will You Employ A Man With Dreadlock As A Teacher? by Iretii0511(m): 8:43am On Jan 06, 2022
This reminds me of my days in the University. I was doing home tutoring as a side hustle then.

There is this particular family I was in charge of for 2 years. They kept in touch with me even after all the kids got university admission.

One day, the children’s mother called me and pleaded that I should help guide the children through university life since I’m a role model to them. That was when she revealed that had the husband listen agreed with her disposition when they were to employ me, they would have missed out in getting the best tutor they’ve ever had for their wards because I kept my beard.

She said when she saw me on beard, jean and tee with sneakers, she felt I would be a bad influence on their kids and had insisted the husband do not employ me. But the man said he would rather give me a benefit of doubt and if after a month I’m not meeting up with his standards, he would pay me off and disengage me. That singular decision did not only help the kids to grow astronomically in their academics, it also make me an external part of the family till date and I have since been a role model to the kids till date even after some graduates from university.

Bottom line is, don’t judge the content of a man’s character or input by the look or by society standards. I got a lot of referees from all the family I worked with that at a point, I had to start rejecting some so it won’t eat into my personal academic life.

2 Likes

Re: As A School Owner, Will You Employ A Man With Dreadlock As A Teacher? by ReneJay(f): 8:43am On Jan 06, 2022
Use other example and leave JESUS out of it
Re: As A School Owner, Will You Employ A Man With Dreadlock As A Teacher? by Bluesearoll(m): 8:44am On Jan 06, 2022
This thing is like rape.. Wearing indecent clothes can also invite rapist to notice you... No parent will complain about the school not having teachers with dreadlocks but some parents will complain about teachers with dreadlocks.....now as a school owner?.. Which situation would you rather have?
Re: As A School Owner, Will You Employ A Man With Dreadlock As A Teacher? by Aguilar(m): 8:46am On Jan 06, 2022
Even teachers that has tatts are employed in europe. There's nothing wrong with dread. In some developed countries he'd be called a Rastafarian.

1 Like

Re: As A School Owner, Will You Employ A Man With Dreadlock As A Teacher? by Echara: 8:47am On Jan 06, 2022
matrix199:

First, Jesus wasn't a Nazarite. He was a Nazarene, because he came from Nazareth.

There's different between the two. Being Nazarite means taken a vow for a special duty or service. They were stipulated rules for Nazarites.

You don't have to come from Nazareth to be a Nazarite. Some Nazarites became Nazarites from birth, example is John the Baptist. He was not a Nazarene, but he was a Nazarite even from birth. That means, God assigned him a special duty from birth.

Sampson too was a Nazarite even though he didn't come from Nazareth.

Now, the main topic.

School is a business. You serve the public. You must consider public perception of what you do.

Most people associate dreads with irresponsibility in our society. You can't question that. I've been attacked by armed rubbers on three different occasions, on each time, most of them wore dreads. But that doesn't define everyone that wears dreads.

Parents wouldn't want their kids to be handled by someone they describe as "irresponsible" no matter how intelligent he is.

If I own a school, I wouldn't want to lose customers, ie students, or my school to get negative reviews because of one person. No, I won't employ him if he insists on the dread.

I'm yet to see a banker, a politician or policeman that wear dreads.

1 Like

Re: As A School Owner, Will You Employ A Man With Dreadlock As A Teacher? by Virulent: 8:49am On Jan 06, 2022
optm:
Aside the entertainment and sports industry , give me a list of 10 renowned people carrying dreadlocks
There are thousands of doctors all the world with tattoos and locks , earrings too that are better than these sadists with clean shave here in this god forsaken cesspit of a country. But I can give you a list of 10 renowned people who don't carry dreadlocks but have committed more heinous crimes that those on dreadlocks.

3 Likes

Re: As A School Owner, Will You Employ A Man With Dreadlock As A Teacher? by Testimony1988(m): 8:49am On Jan 06, 2022
Some dreadlocks may not be natural but some are, if it's not natural, the school owner can relate it to the teacher to do away with it, but if it's natural, no problem with that.
Re: As A School Owner, Will You Employ A Man With Dreadlock As A Teacher? by fluffybaby(f): 8:50am On Jan 06, 2022
Kinzo0917:
. You are a big fool and your family aswell.how dare you compare Jesus Christ to a mere mortal?someone as irresponsible like you. So is only Jesus Christ you see you can use as an example. Can you try this with prophet Mohammed S.A.W? USELESS FOOL

Just go back and read what I wrote. It will help calm the spirit of anger in you.

1 Like

Re: As A School Owner, Will You Employ A Man With Dreadlock As A Teacher? by Joshuazedd(m): 8:50am On Jan 06, 2022
Will the students' parents be comfortable? I doubt
Re: As A School Owner, Will You Employ A Man With Dreadlock As A Teacher? by Dshocker(m): 8:50am On Jan 06, 2022
MikeBetty:
what makes him irresponsible, dread? In what perspective are you defining irresponsibility?

What makes people irresponsible ranges from the way they talk,the way they walk,the way they dress...et cetera

If you are dreaded no multi national would employ you,even in Canada or the Us,you can't get certain jobs because of your hair type or the tattoo on your body.
Re: As A School Owner, Will You Employ A Man With Dreadlock As A Teacher? by dontai(m): 8:52am On Jan 06, 2022
Kinzo0917:
I hiss/spit on your bald head.

Re: As A School Owner, Will You Employ A Man With Dreadlock As A Teacher? by Lessel: 8:52am On Jan 06, 2022
I certainly will not. I cannot even interview him.

1 Like

Re: As A School Owner, Will You Employ A Man With Dreadlock As A Teacher? by bmdmix11: 8:54am On Jan 06, 2022
ChocolateWine:

Jesus wore his type of hair and beards because it was acceptable where he lived and it was regarded as a sign of honor.

Remember when David sent men to meet a certain king, who ended up shaving off the men. What did David do? He told the men not to enter Israel till the grow back their hair.

so u saying shaved faces are aren't allowed?
Re: As A School Owner, Will You Employ A Man With Dreadlock As A Teacher? by dontai(m): 8:57am On Jan 06, 2022
fluffybaby:

Rubbish. Unless you will also not employ a physically good looking person, a good dresser , a wise person etc
sister I'm tired for the way we reason in Nigeria, everybody get his/her own artificial constitution, the question will still reach, can you employ someone with big yansh, a guy that is handsome, someone who's an atheist or someone who dress well. We have a high percent of low-lifer over here, who think highly/saintly of themselves, courtesy of what they believe their black religion thought them. (Not white religion because they don't discriminate like this).
Re: As A School Owner, Will You Employ A Man With Dreadlock As A Teacher? by Richy419: 8:58am On Jan 06, 2022
NO in capital letter
Re: As A School Owner, Will You Employ A Man With Dreadlock As A Teacher? by ModelLook(m): 8:58am On Jan 06, 2022
Can I make friends with a Man that has Dada....NO

Can I make friends with a Man that has Dreads...YES

Reason is Dada is Dirty while Dread are Clean.

While in Univeristy Male Hostel, I once ran out of the entire Bathroom when a guy with Dada walked in to bath. I just don't like Dada...No Offence to those who keep it.

I can't even share a room with a man that keeps Dada. But Dreads...Yes.
Re: As A School Owner, Will You Employ A Man With Dreadlock As A Teacher? by fluffybaby(f): 8:59am On Jan 06, 2022
dontai:
sister I'm tired for the way we reason in Nigeria, everybody get his/her own artificial constitution, the question will still reach, can you employ someone with big yansh, a guy that is handsome, some who is an atheist or someone who dress well. We such a low-lifer over here.

I don tire for the backward mentality some of us exhibit in this country.

1 Like

Re: As A School Owner, Will You Employ A Man With Dreadlock As A Teacher? by Kinzo0917(m): 8:59am On Jan 06, 2022
dontai:
I hiss/spit on your bald head.
. Useless fool. Like son like parent. May God never forgive you for stooping so low to use him as an example. If God be God , May He never forgives you. Maybe ALL THE problems in this world come upon you a trillion fold. And may it overtakes you to ur grave
Re: As A School Owner, Will You Employ A Man With Dreadlock As A Teacher? by 2FlowZ(m): 9:00am On Jan 06, 2022
I’m actually a School Director with averagely long dreadlocks...... so I can employ a good teacher with dreadlocks�

1 Like

Re: As A School Owner, Will You Employ A Man With Dreadlock As A Teacher? by NoGirlfriend: 9:00am On Jan 06, 2022
deardear2021:
If you judge and refuse to employ him because of dreadlock, hmmmmm, u will go to hellfire
message from mummy GO

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Official JAMB Registration Date For 2019 UTME Form Announced / I Finally Had An Extra Year / What Is The Importance Of Mathematics To Arts Students ???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.