Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,443 members, 7,816,020 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:38 PM

Buhari: I Am Not Happy With State Of Electricity In Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari: I Am Not Happy With State Of Electricity In Nigeria (17142 Views)

Buhari: I Came Into Office On 19th Of May 2015 / Femi Fani-Kayode: "Kumuyi Shaking Buhari, I Am Ashamed" / Saraki Considers Running Against Buhari: ‘I Believe I Can Make The Change’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari: I Am Not Happy With State Of Electricity In Nigeria by BeeBeeOoh(m): 5:31am On Jan 06, 2022
President Muhammadu Buhari has said that he is not happy with the state of electricity in Nigeria because he identified that no country could develop without infrastructure means; road, rail and power.

The President disclosed this during an interview on Channels Television on Wednesday.

Asked if he is happy with the country’s capacity of electricity production, Buhari said, “I am not because I identify that no country can develop without infrastructure and infrastructure means road, rail and power.

“This government is working very hard on the road. Try to imagine what was happening between Lagos to Ibadan six months ago and what it is now.

“We are doing from Lagos to Kano by rail, road from here to Kaduna to Kano. So we have to get the infrastructure right and then Nigerians will mind their own business. But when the infrastructure is not there, the roads are not there, the rail is virtually killed, no power, what do we expect people to do?”

Nigeria currently has the capacity to produce 13,000 megawatts of electricity, but presently, the country produces just 4,000 megawatts on the national grid.

Buhari had in May 2018 queried the spending of $16bn on power projects during the administration of former President Olusegun Obasanjo.

https://dailypost.ng/2022/01/05/why-im-not-happy-with-state-of-electricity-in-nigeria-buhari/

2 Likes

Re: Buhari: I Am Not Happy With State Of Electricity In Nigeria by TheDemola: 5:32am On Jan 06, 2022
grin

You're not happy, yet you're not doing anything about it? Ok

129 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Buhari: I Am Not Happy With State Of Electricity In Nigeria by Kayceo2010: 5:36am On Jan 06, 2022
sad
Re: Buhari: I Am Not Happy With State Of Electricity In Nigeria by heartleboy: 5:36am On Jan 06, 2022
Werey

94 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari: I Am Not Happy With State Of Electricity In Nigeria by maak400: 5:36am On Jan 06, 2022
Useless president. A country that has more stupid electorate than sensible ones will always produce semi-illiterate and mumu as leaders. 61 years of independence, yet no stable light. The citizens are busy praying instead of challenging the theives in power. Suffering and smiling people, suffer no dey tire them.

155 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Buhari: I Am Not Happy With State Of Electricity In Nigeria by Effico5real(m): 5:36am On Jan 06, 2022
Okay, then fix it and make it work

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari: I Am Not Happy With State Of Electricity In Nigeria by West2019(m): 5:36am On Jan 06, 2022
idiot

10 Likes

Re: Buhari: I Am Not Happy With State Of Electricity In Nigeria by Adedaniel211(m): 5:36am On Jan 06, 2022
Baba go slow.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari: I Am Not Happy With State Of Electricity In Nigeria by slawormiir: 5:36am On Jan 06, 2022
Damnnn niggar

Bubu

Get your ass up and do something

Same us distributing power to neighbouring countries

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari: I Am Not Happy With State Of Electricity In Nigeria by Femiwilli: 5:37am On Jan 06, 2022
Did this disaster just wake up?

47 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari: I Am Not Happy With State Of Electricity In Nigeria by Luckydubby7(m): 5:37am On Jan 06, 2022
What were you doing after over 6 years in power.

13 Likes

Re: Buhari: I Am Not Happy With State Of Electricity In Nigeria by Amarisco(f): 5:37am On Jan 06, 2022
I actually burst out laughing upon reading this title grin grin grin

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari: I Am Not Happy With State Of Electricity In Nigeria by Maxymilliano(m): 5:37am On Jan 06, 2022
With the current level of hardship, Is there anything to be happy about in this regime

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari: I Am Not Happy With State Of Electricity In Nigeria by hekola: 5:37am On Jan 06, 2022
the problem of Nigeria is not from the Federal level but the states..if you want to govern this nation well,, check the states..

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari: I Am Not Happy With State Of Electricity In Nigeria by oz4real83(m): 5:38am On Jan 06, 2022
Story
Re: Buhari: I Am Not Happy With State Of Electricity In Nigeria by helinues: 5:38am On Jan 06, 2022
Do something about it instead of repeating same wack lyrics

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari: I Am Not Happy With State Of Electricity In Nigeria by wiseone28: 5:38am On Jan 06, 2022
I'm happy so that we can sell our generators

6 Likes

Re: Buhari: I Am Not Happy With State Of Electricity In Nigeria by NaijaNaWaa: 5:38am On Jan 06, 2022
Buhari is the worst injury ever inflicted on Nigeria

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari: I Am Not Happy With State Of Electricity In Nigeria by Ololanla: 5:38am On Jan 06, 2022
lies, he's happy

7 Likes

Re: Buhari: I Am Not Happy With State Of Electricity In Nigeria by cafolu: 5:39am On Jan 06, 2022
And from 2015 till date, all you have done is lament with next to no impact! After identifying what you consider to be the wrongs and mistakes, the basis for which you contested and got presidency, what next? Instead of progress, it is more retrogression and and ethnic politics. The so called corruption is proudly posing without consequences now with absolutely no tangible efforts at prevention and accountability yet you and the idiots you appointed around you continue to act like all is well!

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari: I Am Not Happy With State Of Electricity In Nigeria by ipobarecriminals: 5:40am On Jan 06, 2022
lipsrsealed There are Evil ones behind this epileptic power distribution In the country

4 Likes

Re: Buhari: I Am Not Happy With State Of Electricity In Nigeria by Badgers14: 5:41am On Jan 06, 2022
cheesy
Re: Buhari: I Am Not Happy With State Of Electricity In Nigeria by Mikelarteta(m): 5:41am On Jan 06, 2022
God punish u.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari: I Am Not Happy With State Of Electricity In Nigeria by MEGA4BILLION(m): 5:43am On Jan 06, 2022
I could remember in 2015 when this administration can in power to enjoy the gains of past administration ( power sector as an example) sycophants were screaming "body language abi odour" is making the power sector to work. Currently, body odour has vanish or probably destroy everything.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari: I Am Not Happy With State Of Electricity In Nigeria by cafolu: 5:43am On Jan 06, 2022
This issue on this thread is about electricity. Is it the states too that generate and distribute electricity?
hekola:
the problem of Nigeria is not from the Federal level but the states..if you want to govern this nation well,, check the states..

13 Likes

Re: Buhari: I Am Not Happy With State Of Electricity In Nigeria by oz4real83(m): 5:44am On Jan 06, 2022
Story. PMB has been in power since 2015 and electricity in my area is still following the same timetable it was when Gej was in power and it is even getting worse. Our timetable is 5am-8am and 4pm-7pm. If there is rainfall or small breeze, just forget light for the week embarassed. All these politicians own the power companies and nothing will happen as long as they remain in power.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari: I Am Not Happy With State Of Electricity In Nigeria by Aboguede(m): 5:44am On Jan 06, 2022
Sahara talk am two days ago say na generator you self dey manage even for aso grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari: I Am Not Happy With State Of Electricity In Nigeria by Koachie: 5:45am On Jan 06, 2022
Story for d gods �
Re: Buhari: I Am Not Happy With State Of Electricity In Nigeria by gidiz(m): 5:45am On Jan 06, 2022
Storyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari: I Am Not Happy With State Of Electricity In Nigeria by arazanbal: 5:45am On Jan 06, 2022
channels couldn't grind dis man well because it wings has been clipped before dis interview. d channel tv wy me dy watch wy sabi grind quest on issues of dis state looks like something low on dis interview. dis questions can easily be answered by any Nigerian on dis street.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari: I Am Not Happy With State Of Electricity In Nigeria by ALLNIGERIANSMAD(m): 5:46am On Jan 06, 2022
Can't someone tell this old fool to just shut up

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari: I Am Not Happy With State Of Electricity In Nigeria by updatedws: 5:48am On Jan 06, 2022
your gov't approached a German firm, Siemens to build power station in Nigeria.
u guys agreed on most of the terms of contract but as usual, u wanted to pad the contract and began to seek for 30% local content/Involvement.
But the German firm insisted that the power industry in Nigeria cannot Carter for 30% of the contract.
they wanted u the government to hands off totally so that they could do a good and swift job but u d government refused and tore apart the contract.

these are the words of the former German chancellor Angela Merkel when interviewed by Chimamanda Adichie.

26 Likes 6 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Where Are The Chibok Girls Finders? / Southwest Support For Buhari Unshaken - TINUBU / Reno Omokri To FFK: "You Misrepresented Atiku, Your Quote Was Dishonest"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.