Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,118 members, 7,814,921 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:31 PM

I Need Advice, My Wife Just Changed - A Nairalander - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Need Advice, My Wife Just Changed - A Nairalander (3099 Views)

My Soposed Wife Just Gave Me A Shocker Of 2023 / My Wife Just Confessed That My Last Son Is Not Mine / Please Advice. My Babe Got Arrested (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Advice, My Wife Just Changed - A Nairalander by princeemmma(m): 3:37pm On Jan 07, 2022
I am really worried about my wife and the way things are going in my marriage recently. I need your advice guys. I got married three years ago, and i married a beautiful and very understanding wife, she is the type that always does anything to satisfy me sexually and always want to make sure am satisfied.

Just one year after our marriage, she got pregnant and during the pregnancy she still does all her best to satisfy me sexually and i also understand when she is not in the mood. But after she gave birth my wife changed a lot, 1year after birth my wife will always complain about not in the mood for s*x. She is still the good and nice woman i know but the only problem we are having is just that when it comes to the sexual aspect, she is always not in the mood. Anytime i tried to pressure her about me going outside to satisfy my s*x urge, she will accept me reluctantly and during the s*x, she will always cry and sometimes she just frown her face after we are done. Its like she does not feel her ss*x drive anymore and this has been giving me a lot of worry.

What should i do? Continue living like that because sometimes we might not even have s*x for a month. And its not kind of easy for me.

1 Like

Re: I Need Advice, My Wife Just Changed - A Nairalander by Prechgold1180(m): 3:39pm On Jan 07, 2022
Man shall not live by sex alone

Give her some time to heal

13 Likes

Re: I Need Advice, My Wife Just Changed - A Nairalander by Justice4Toto: 3:41pm On Jan 07, 2022
Try as much as you can to sit her down and reason with her.
Perhaps she is going thru stress
Pls okay

No Gaybriel
Back back cos he bleep anus

4 Likes

Re: I Need Advice, My Wife Just Changed - A Nairalander by Totilopussylick(m): 3:42pm On Jan 07, 2022
Is marriage all about sex

2 Likes

Re: I Need Advice, My Wife Just Changed - A Nairalander by Nobody: 3:42pm On Jan 07, 2022
Op sit her down and discuss it with her.... And please give her some space.. No carry d sex matter for head as u can't survive

3 Likes

Re: I Need Advice, My Wife Just Changed - A Nairalander by pyyxxaro: 3:45pm On Jan 07, 2022
Maybe Mummy G.O has warned her that anybody that likes lashing tooo much would languish in Hell .

If you want to go to Hell , continue disturbing her for lashing undecided

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Need Advice, My Wife Just Changed - A Nairalander by Bola146(f): 3:46pm On Jan 07, 2022
Are you a husband Everything can't be solved through third party. Have you noticed her yourself in how she reacts at home? Nobody will give you any answers unless you read out what you wrote here to her when she is happy. Or you are not the romantic type lipsrsealed A married lady here once chatted with me that since her husband started drinking gin, she always feels like vomiting if her husband wants to kiss her because of the odour, I told her she shouldn't let anyone know, but with love let him know how you are feeling with the smell. They solved it happly which I didn't bothered to ask what she did, they are both happy together

8 Likes

Re: I Need Advice, My Wife Just Changed - A Nairalander by Themainboy22: 3:47pm On Jan 07, 2022
She's cheating on you.

1 Like

Re: I Need Advice, My Wife Just Changed - A Nairalander by thorpido(m): 3:48pm On Jan 07, 2022
She's obviously stressed.What kind of work is your wife involved in?Do you have a help at home or she does most house chores with the baby?

You need to relieve her of stress first and then speak to her in a calm maner about the situation.

1 Like

Re: I Need Advice, My Wife Just Changed - A Nairalander by Chummynoni(m): 3:51pm On Jan 07, 2022
Hmm
Re: I Need Advice, My Wife Just Changed - A Nairalander by firstbornson(m): 3:53pm On Jan 07, 2022
One year after? Too long. Seek professional counsel.

1 Like

Re: I Need Advice, My Wife Just Changed - A Nairalander by Hed0nist: 3:55pm On Jan 07, 2022
“Team: Is it food?” Is yet to enter this group chat.

1 Like

Re: I Need Advice, My Wife Just Changed - A Nairalander by Nobody: 3:59pm On Jan 07, 2022
New moms often tell me that since their baby was born, they've lost interest in sex. No matter how their partner tries to get them in the mood, they just can't seem to get their body to respond. They come to me wondering what's going on, and what they can do about it.

This is a very common problem, particularly after the first baby. Your body has been through many changes, and these changes will affect your sexual drive after you deliver. The effects of stress and worry that a new mother experiences should not be overlooked. You're probably getting less sleep, possibly feeling a touch of postpartum blues caused by hormonal fluctuations, and grappling with a very different body image than before your pregnancy. You need to be patient with yourself and know that this is a temporary problem.

Breastfeeding can play a significant role in diminished sexual interest as well. Estrogen is an important hormone that decreases with breastfeeding and this can affect your vaginal tissues. The most common vaginal side effects of decreased estrogen are dryness and a "pins and needles" feeling during intercourse. Understandably, this has a negative effect on your mood. When you resume relations, it's important to use lubricants to help protect the tissues and minimize the discomfort of vaginal dryness.

Your partner should understand that patience and reassurance, and not saying, "This is just in your mind," is the key to helping you regain your interest in sex. Don't rush yourself. Instead, indulge in other forms of closeness and physical pleasure such as massages or long, hot showers.

If several months go by without any improvement at all, talk with your gynecologist. She can examine you to rule out any other potential causes for your decreased libido

culled www.parents.com

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Need Advice, My Wife Just Changed - A Nairalander by Bola146(f): 4:02pm On Jan 07, 2022
Themainboy22:
She's cheating on you.

Where is the cheating? when the husband himself couldn't figure or act like a man to tell his wife what is bothering him. Social media advisers sometimes add troubles to their wahala sad

8 Likes

Re: I Need Advice, My Wife Just Changed - A Nairalander by Tboymessiah(m): 4:03pm On Jan 07, 2022
NasoLifeBe

Person use you as escape route, while she exchange the help u render her with sex, but u force her to marry you by giving her unwanted pregnancy,now all those hyping gat no meaning to her again.

You are not are type, right from beginning.

The guy she left for you because e no get money don finally make am na there here eyes dey now.

1 Like

Re: I Need Advice, My Wife Just Changed - A Nairalander by FERNANDEZISBACK: 4:04pm On Jan 07, 2022
princeemmma:
I am really worried about my wife and the way things are going in my marriage recently. I need your advice guys. I got married three years ago, and i married a beautiful and very understanding wife, she is the type that always does anything to satisfy me sexually and always want to make sure am satisfied.

Just one year after our marriage, she got pregnant and during the pregnancy she still does all her best to satisfy me sexually and i also understand when she is not in the mood. But after she gave birth my wife changed a lot, 1year after birth my wife will always complain about not in the mood for s*x. She is still the good and nice woman i know but the only problem we are having is just that when it comes to the sexual aspect, she is always not in the mood. Anytime i tried to pressure her about me going outside to satisfy my s*x urge, she will accept me reluctantly and during the s*x, she will always cry and sometimes she just frown her face after we are done. Its like she does not feel her ss*x drive anymore and this has been giving me a lot of worry.

What should i do? Continue living like that because sometimes we might not even have s*x for a month. And its not kind of easy for me.
You should know childbirth has an effect on a couple's sex life..but I think you need to seek professional help..
You might not understand what she is going through...the pains after birthing a kid.
Her vagina being torn and the rest.. she's too tired..she probably is swollen and has stitches in her perenium..

Seeek professional help let her get examined..then Wait until the doctor ensures she's healed from childbirth...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Need Advice, My Wife Just Changed - A Nairalander by SportsHD: 4:16pm On Jan 07, 2022
Bola146:

Where is the cheating? when the husband himself couldn't figure or act like a man to tell his wife what is bothering him. Social media advisers sometimes add troubles to their wahala sad
Maybe she has that post partum thingy.
Re: I Need Advice, My Wife Just Changed - A Nairalander by Bola146(f): 4:28pm On Jan 07, 2022
SportsHD:

Maybe she has that post partum thingy.

Nobody can answer that. Let them talk and reason together in love.

5 Likes

Re: I Need Advice, My Wife Just Changed - A Nairalander by Nobody: 4:31pm On Jan 07, 2022
princeemmma:

Oga u don't need Nairalanders to tell u how to run ur affairs. Sit ur wife down and talk to her to know what's responsible for her changed attitude towards sex with u. Or better still both of u visit a therapist. Make una no dey make marriage scary for those of us when want still marry abeg angry

4 Likes

Re: I Need Advice, My Wife Just Changed - A Nairalander by Nicepoker(m): 4:37pm On Jan 07, 2022
Marital interference is not my thing. When you were smiling all over your pre wedding pictures even if we had warned you then I know you will never listen. grin

1 Like

Re: I Need Advice, My Wife Just Changed - A Nairalander by princeemmma(m): 4:40pm On Jan 07, 2022
killmods:

Oga u don't need Nairalanders to tell u how to run ur affairs. Sit ur wife down and talk to her to know what's responsible for her changed attitude towards sex with u. Or better still both of u visit a therapist. Make una no dey make marriage scary for those of us when want still marry abeg angry
truly i should be able to run my marriage affairs, but have tried all means to talk and convince my wife, its not just working thats why am fed up
Re: I Need Advice, My Wife Just Changed - A Nairalander by princeemmma(m): 4:43pm On Jan 07, 2022
thorpido:
She's obviously stressed.What kind of work is your wife involved in?Do you have a help at home or she does most house chores with the baby?

You need to relieve her of stress first and then speak to her in a calm maner about the situation.
i help her to the extent that, when am off work, i wash her clothes, bath my daughter, sometimes i do the cooking, i do most house chores sometimes to help, but still no good turn
Re: I Need Advice, My Wife Just Changed - A Nairalander by Nobody: 4:44pm On Jan 07, 2022
princeemmma:
truly i should be able to run my marriage affairs, but have tried all means to talk and convince my wife, its not just working thats why am fed up
Maybe a marriage counsellor can help
Re: I Need Advice, My Wife Just Changed - A Nairalander by princeemmma(m): 4:45pm On Jan 07, 2022
jackcanfield:
New moms often tell me that since their baby was born, they've lost interest in sex. No matter how their partner tries to get them in the mood, they just can't seem to get their body to respond. They come to me wondering what's going on, and what they can do about it.

This is a very common problem, particularly after the first baby. Your body has been through many changes, and these changes will affect your sexual drive after you deliver. The effects of stress and worry that a new mother experiences should not be overlooked. You're probably getting less sleep, possibly feeling a touch of postpartum blues caused by hormonal fluctuations, and grappling with a very different body image than before your pregnancy. You need to be patient with yourself and know that this is a temporary problem.

Breastfeeding can play a significant role in diminished sexual interest as well. Estrogen is an important hormone that decreases with breastfeeding and this can affect your vaginal tissues. The most common vaginal side effects of decreased estrogen are dryness and a "pins and needles" feeling during intercourse. Understandably, this has a negative effect on your mood. When you resume relations, it's important to use lubricants to help protect the tissues and minimize the discomfort of vaginal dryness.

Your partner should understand that patience and reassurance, and not saying, "This is just in your mind," is the key to helping you regain your interest in sex. Don't rush yourself. Instead, indulge in other forms of closeness and physical pleasure such as massages or long, hot showers.

If several months go by without any improvement at all, talk with your gynecologist. She can examine you to rule out any other potential causes for your decreased libido

culled www.parents.com
thank you, i will do my best on that

1 Like

Re: I Need Advice, My Wife Just Changed - A Nairalander by thorpido(m): 4:49pm On Jan 07, 2022
princeemmma:
i help her to the extent that, when am off work, i wash her clothes, bath my daughter, sometimes i do the cooking, i do most house chores sometimes to help, but still no good turn
It can also be biological.Some women's libido can change after childbirth.There have been some cases like that.She may need to see a gynaecologist(discuss this with her).

1 Like

Re: I Need Advice, My Wife Just Changed - A Nairalander by Sonnobax15(m): 4:54pm On Jan 07, 2022
lipsrsealed
Na wa oh
Re: I Need Advice, My Wife Just Changed - A Nairalander by Originalsly: 5:26pm On Jan 07, 2022
Bro.... women go through changes during pregnancy..... did you not notice?.... you said sex was pretty much the same.... how about her diet?... cravings?... didn't you notice a change in that? After giving birth ... it's a different set of changes .... craving for certain foods at unusual hours go away and replaced by a different set of changes.... the urge for sex goes away and this is common. After nearly a year it should've been back but... I want to believe your forceful approach has a lot to do with it ... you built up an automatic wall of resistance in her... like every time you approach her for sex.... her brain hears "RAPE" and automatically goes into rape mode.... your entry brings on pain for her ... never pleasure because pleasure is shut down. ... you can't take her to orgasm because that route is shut down.... you can't even get her to become "wet" ... because her entire body and mind is on sexual lockdown. This is now a mind thing with her .... pretty much as if you been all ready, willing and able to go with a certain babe and she finally allowed you... you will be all pumped up with anxiety ... joystick firm like mahogany... and when she spread dem legs revealing the glory... you noticed two cold sores guarding the passage to pleasure... wouldn't Mr Mahogany become Mr Spaghetti? Is there anything you can do to about that? Nothing. Same way .... she goes into RAPE mode and there is nothing you can do about that. I suggest you just don't talk about sex. Start all over again as when dating.... if is watching movies together.... driving and holding hands.... lots of huggings and increasing kissing.... then petting.... showering together.... in time she will be the one to make the move. Your wife bro ... she is doing what she doesn't want to... just to please you.... it should mean something. Change strategy.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Need Advice, My Wife Just Changed - A Nairalander by Franktom247(m): 5:28pm On Jan 07, 2022
Its the frowning of face for me
Re: I Need Advice, My Wife Just Changed - A Nairalander by Truvelisback(m): 5:28pm On Jan 07, 2022
Something must have prompted her.
Re: I Need Advice, My Wife Just Changed - A Nairalander by ETIIKO: 5:39pm On Jan 07, 2022
Good evening Nairalanders, "Jackcanfield" have said it all. It a normal thing when a woman put to birth especially (new mothers) their urge for sex do change except there was an agreement during relationship and marriage on how both will be able to meet each other partners sexual needs.
Please exercise patient with her follow up gradually with her and at convenience discuss with her how you feel.
The truth is, there was no agreement neither interaction on how you both suppose to live and understand each other sexual life.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Need Advice, My Wife Just Changed - A Nairalander by Saintmary(f): 6:00pm On Jan 07, 2022
princeemmma:

First off, you are one of the rarest of men who actually respect your wife enough to speak positively about her before stating the problem.

I applaud that.

Now, about the sex issue. Please just try to make her relaxed, take her out and overall just reduce your stress and hers.

Attract her with your grooming too. Take a bath before bed, shave the shaveables, get nice deodorants and perfumes, brush your teeth AND tongue, buy nice soaps like St Ives (1k), dress sharp when going out, give her your 'come hither' smile.

Before you say Jack Robinson, she's all over you even without the mention of sex.

If that doesn't work after 2 weeks, please report back.

1 Like

Re: I Need Advice, My Wife Just Changed - A Nairalander by princeemmma(m): 6:04pm On Jan 07, 2022
Saintmary:

First off, you are one of the rarest of men who actually respect your wife enough to speak positively about her before stating the problem.

I applaud that.

Now, about the sex issue. Please just try to make her relaxed, take her out and overall just reduce your stress and hers.

Attract her with your grooming too. Take a bath before bed, shave the shaveables, get nice deodorants and perfumes, brush your teeth AND tongue, buy nice soaps like St Ives (1k), dress sharp when going out, give her your 'come hither' smile.

Before you say Jack Robinson, she's all over you even without the mention of sex.

If that doesn't work after 2 weeks, please report back.
thanks man, i will try my best

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian Male Student Nurse Gets Caught Engaging With A Mental Patient (18+) / 5 Dangerous Women You Must Avoid In 2024 / Done And Dusted Dowry Refunded

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.