Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,935 members, 7,828,266 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:37 AM

2023: PDP Has Settled For Northern Presidency – Babangida Aliyu - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: PDP Has Settled For Northern Presidency – Babangida Aliyu (29898 Views)

How Owo Church Killings Put 2023 Northern Presidency Up In The Air / 2023: Why PDP Settled For Northern Presidency — Vanguard / Governor Wike Threatens To Beat Up Babangida Aliyu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2023: PDP Has Settled For Northern Presidency – Babangida Aliyu by LandMann: 11:53am On Jan 08, 2022
maestroferddi:
You are not serious, are you?

Which useless birthright are you talking about?

Everybody in Nigeria, including Yorubas with conscience knows it is the turn of the Igbos to produce the president but greed, wickedness and blind lust for power has overtaken some Yoruba politicians who, obviously, do not mean well for this country.

This undesirable elements are determined to perpetuate the dichotomy between the Igbos and the Yorubas for ever.

The powerbrokers in the north are clearly using the Yorubas but they are too consumed by political irredentism to see it.

Even a fool can feel the unbendability of the will of an Igboman...

We don't run away from conflict if we must prove a point..

The Igbo man is just as greedy as the yoruba and hausa/fulani, so I don't care about any of misfortune that befalls any of them politically.

My concern is that three of them don't deserve to be tied down in one country. It is the crux of the underdevelopment of this contraption called Nigeria.

Britain did it so that this region or geographical space will never develop, so that they can continue to mine our crude oil and other mineral resources for free, leaving crumbs for the three nations to perpetually fight over.

I my demand is for Nigeria to split. The north poses a serious risk to the security stability of this geographical area due to their unbridled birthrate coupled with crass illiteracy, savagery and religious fanaticism.

The north is using its population to cause division between yorubas and Igbos... The Igbos hate the hausa/fulanis because they can see the danger the north poses to their progress... The Igbos then keep striving to please the hausa/fulanis indirectly just to get to power while the yorubas do the exact same thing but with more success due to the yorubas being successfully infiltrated with north's religion...

In the end, the yoruba nation will never truly develop, same with the igbo nation.

The north will ride both their arses to achieve dominance in this cursed geographical space... Let's watch what happens in 50-100 years when the north's population will have more than trippled or quadrupled.... Both the yoruba and Igbo will kill each other just to please the north.

I don't hate the north, yoruba or Igbo... I'm just speaking based on my perception of what lies ahead given current events...

Nigeria needs to break up for there to be peace and progress.

2 Likes

Re: 2023: PDP Has Settled For Northern Presidency – Babangida Aliyu by Bakinwuta(f): 11:59am On Jan 08, 2022
Piggyyeaster0:
nothing will happened forget about you empty threat
Probability of ibo becoming president of the Zoo is .0000000000000000000000000000000001

Frankly nothing stops any one from contesting if they are sure of the popularity and support from Nigerians. Not just a section but, Nigerians from all parts regardless.

The problem with the SE is they do less in terms of pushing support and alliances. Especially for the number one position and expect everything.

All this people running and sending emissaries to win support are not fools or oblivious of the opposition they face. It's how politics is done anywhere. Make allies and be ready to walk the talk in providing leadership.

Only Pius Anyim seems to be doing much and maybe Chidoka. But the rest are on the bench talking of why it should be zoned to them.

I also believe zoning maybe dead after late Yaradua. Especially with the popular opinion that zoning was a lie and unhelpful.

I have always voted and want to vote again, but right now am yet to see an Igbo candidate that's talking to me or us. With all the noise the SE is just talking about how they deserve power. Not speaking to me about how we can be benefitting from the candidates leadership and Inter-ethnic bond.

I am not voting someone based on such sentiments of they deserve power. Because the country in itself has over 200 ethnic groups. My tribe never smell governor yet , not to talk of minister or president. So if I was to think like that, I may not be voting anytime soon.

Let the South or Igbo show some leadership and political dexterity beyond lamenting. The country is in dare need of a purposeful leader, unifying and patriotic.

If only Obasanjo can run again.
Re: 2023: PDP Has Settled For Northern Presidency – Babangida Aliyu by omokab: 12:01pm On Jan 08, 2022
maestroferddi:
Stupid question...

Let Atiku go instead of the South West getting two terms or chances when the South East is yet to get one...

In any case, the North East, where Atiku hails from, is yet to get her turn.

As much as the Igbos want the presidency, it will not be the end of the world if Atiku becomes president when from all probability, the Igbo candidate will serve after he is through.

The Tinubu arrangement will mean that the Igbos will have to wait for another 16 years before dreaming of the presidency...

We shall not allow that to happen...
who told you that dot in the circle will get the ticket of becoming president after 8 years if atiku become the president . you don't have numbers to contest for president but you have only mouth on nairaland

1 Like

Re: 2023: PDP Has Settled For Northern Presidency – Babangida Aliyu by BJanta: 12:41pm On Jan 08, 2022
Dsalvo:

The part in bold defines the character of Igbos excellently. They take PDP Fulani buggery, with no vaseline and no condom, without complaint.

Yet Yorubas in the APC, like Tinubu and Osinbajo, all Igbos in the universe save their hate and bitterness for and attack 24/7.

How many Igbos are saying anything negative about Atiku today yet ala Igbo is burning because Kanu and IPOB say Fulanis are the enemies who must be fought with bloodshed.

2023 President must restructure Nigeria so we go back to anything resembling regionalism. Let everyone build Nigeria from their regional base ' Enough of the 'one Nigeria' pretense.

'Let everyone build Nigeria from their regional base as' the Southeast is doing. now
Re: 2023: PDP Has Settled For Northern Presidency – Babangida Aliyu by Nobody: 12:46pm On Jan 08, 2022
Na wa o. Money talks in PDP. This is how they lost the last elections
Re: 2023: PDP Has Settled For Northern Presidency – Babangida Aliyu by Misterone: 1:41pm On Jan 08, 2022
maestroferddi:
Stupid question...

Let Atiku go instead of the South West getting two terms or chances when the South East is yet to get one...

In any case, the North East, where Atiku hails from, is yet to get her turn.

As much as the Igbos want the presidency, it will not be the end of the world if Atiku becomes president when from all probability, the Igbo candidate will serve after he is through.

The Tinubu arrangement will mean that the Igbos will have to wait for another 16 years before dreaming of the presidency...

We shall not allow that to happen...
instead of supporting Atiku, the igbo man can claim his Rights now through a political party that he has supported blindly for the past 21 years. why wait 8 years when you can get it now? PDP zoned the presidency to the SW in 1999, in 2007 they zoned it to the NW, 2011 to the SS, and 2019 to the NE. you can see that it is the turn of the SE before going to the NC. please take note, if you don't utilize your chances now, don't complain when the NC say it is their turn. cause you no go use your own spoil another person own. if you forgo your turn then you will wait for another 40 years. that is 2063.

2 Likes

Re: 2023: PDP Has Settled For Northern Presidency – Babangida Aliyu by wink2015(m): 2:01pm On Jan 08, 2022
Those northern political leaders that are desirous of stealing southern presidency should be careful.

There is consequences if they take the southern presidency.
Re: 2023: PDP Has Settled For Northern Presidency – Babangida Aliyu by ENIGMATIC2023(m): 2:04pm On Jan 08, 2022
January 8, 2022

Press Statement

2023: We Have Not Zoned Our Presidential Ticket -PDP

The attention of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has been drawn to comments and speculations from certain individuals claiming that our Party has zoned its Presidential ticket to a particular part of the country.

This is completely misleading as it does not in any way represent the position of our Party.

For the avoidance of doubt, the PDP emphatically and unequivocally states that it has not zoned it Presidential ticket to any part of the country.

The PDP is a political party founded on democratic principles and every action of the Party, including zoning, is based on extensive consultations, discussions and consideration of all the issues as well as the various tendencies and interests across the nation, with the main objective of ensuring that the unity, peaceful co-existence and development of our nation are reinforced and promoted.

The PDP therefore urges Nigerians, our teeming members and supporters to completely disregard the unfounded zoning claims as being peddled. Our Party also cautions those behind the claims to desist forthwith.

The PDP thanks Nigerians across board for the overwhelming interest they have in our Party as their sure platform to Rescue and Rebuild our nation from misrule and urges them to remain united and focused as we join forces for the task ahead.

Signed:

Hon. Debo Ologunagba
National Publicity Secretary
Re: 2023: PDP Has Settled For Northern Presidency – Babangida Aliyu by ENIGMATIC2023(m): 2:05pm On Jan 08, 2022
Islie:

https://independent.ng/2023-pdp-settles-for-northern-presidency-babangida-aliyu/

January 8, 2022

Press Statement

The attention of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has been drawn to comments and speculations from certain individuals claiming that our Party has zoned its Presidential ticket to a particular part of the country.

This is completely misleading as it does not in any way represent the position of our Party.

For the avoidance of doubt, the PDP emphatically and unequivocally states that it has not zoned it Presidential ticket to any part of the country.

The PDP is a political party founded on democratic principles and every action of the Party, including zoning, is based on extensive consultations, discussions and consideration of all the issues as well as the various tendencies and interests across the nation, with the main objective of ensuring that the unity, peaceful co-existence and development of our nation are reinforced and promoted.

The PDP therefore urges Nigerians, our teeming members and supporters to completely disregard the unfounded zoning claims as being peddled. Our Party also cautions those behind the claims to desist forthwith.

The PDP thanks Nigerians across board for the overwhelming interest they have in our Party as their sure platform to Rescue and Rebuild our nation from misrule and urges them to remain united and focused as we join forces for the task ahead.

Signed:

Hon. Debo Ologunagba
Re: 2023: PDP Has Settled For Northern Presidency – Babangida Aliyu by ENIGMATIC2023(m): 2:06pm On Jan 08, 2022
helinues:
grin

Gossip news

January 8, 2022

Press Statement

Signed:

Hon. Debo Ologunagba
Re: 2023: PDP Has Settled For Northern Presidency – Babangida Aliyu by Onuoha1234(m): 2:46pm On Jan 08, 2022
Fal#e news from a man e"pected to be above bare faced untruth.!
Re: 2023: PDP Has Settled For Northern Presidency – Babangida Aliyu by Toks2008(m): 3:04pm On Jan 08, 2022
Martins9756:
Hmmm.. My people perish because of lack of wisdom, you hated someone base on propaganda, why can't you make research about him and his track records before you conclude, we only go to schools in Nigeria to acquire
knowledge but we fail to understand the meaning of education, lack of wisdom and understanding and ability to think straight, with the way we apply sentiment to issues is the cause of our problems in this country, may God help us to know the right leader to chose come 2023.

Se ko re? As in are you sure you are ok?

See how you ignorantly concluded. Who told you I hate Tinubu?

I love and respect him... I am a Yoruba man and respect is engrained in our DNA... He is a Nigerian and has every right to context... He is of sound mind and very articulate.

I JUST DON'T LIKE HIM AS A PRESIDENT AND THIS IS MY PERSONAL CHOICE which I am entitled to.

I prefer Osinbajo and only an Osinbajo ticket will make me vote APC... anything short of this is a No for me and my view represents hundreds of thousands of views across the nation.

Tinubu is a king maker and let him remain one. He lacks the integrity to lead a country like Nigeria considering his past records.

This is my take and nothing will. Change it.
Re: 2023: PDP Has Settled For Northern Presidency – Babangida Aliyu by Idiko1: 3:07pm On Jan 08, 2022
alizma:

If you are not a dunce you should have known that a particular region has invested heavily in PDP without due benefits, you should have also known that the Tinubu they have been battling to stay away from APC presidential race in their favour has not done anything different from Atiku. I know you are one of them. When people express this similar opinion about Tinubu or Yahaya Bello, it become a case for you people but it is ok if the same opinion is expressed about your minigod

The bolded requires the disintegration of the shithole called Nigeria. What are the due benefits accrued to Yoruba with your silly investment in APC? Yoruba and the elites from northern region of Nigeria had piloted Nigeria to the pit of hell. I had shot any Igbo person who hungers for presidential seat of the shithole called Nigeria. Most Nigerians are wishing for prosperous nation for Nigeria where safety and respect of human rights are paramount. Instead, a basement dingbat is drooling over a particular region. Nigeria needs to be disintegrated for good.
Re: 2023: PDP Has Settled For Northern Presidency – Babangida Aliyu by pquaver(m): 7:26pm On Jan 08, 2022
WillyDave:

Buhari is completing 8 years of hardship on hapless Nigerians. Can u point to any legacy he is leaving behind? Are you proud of him as a President?

I have NEVER wanted an APC Presidential ticket. What for? If an Igbo man gets APC presidential ticket today, I will vote AGAINST him because I abhor them as a party. Very dishonest, disorganized and wicked set of people.

As for appointments, it is our constitutional right. U must give them to us whether u love us or u hate us. U can not deny us that.

Buhari is leaving so many legacies behind as he leaves, your 2nd Niger bridge, lagos ibadan railway, zungeru power plant, military equipment, rice production and fertilizer improvement. Many roads and bridges completed. etc it's an option to be blind or face the truth but no matter which 1 u choose.. Thing will still be moving. He can still do better but he is better the rest of them. And it is what it is
Re: 2023: PDP Has Settled For Northern Presidency – Babangida Aliyu by WillyDave: 8:49pm On Jan 08, 2022
pquaver:

Buhari is leaving so many legacies behind as he leaves, your 2nd Niger bridge, lagos ibadan railway, zungeru power plant, military equipment, rice production and fertilizer improvement. Many roads and bridges completed. etc it's an option to be blind or face the truth but no matter which 1 u choose.. Thing will still be moving. He can still do better but he is better the rest of them. And it is what it is

Pictures or I don't believe. Audio legacies.
Re: 2023: PDP Has Settled For Northern Presidency – Babangida Aliyu by Ovamboland(m): 12:25pm On Jan 09, 2022
WillyDave:

I can understand the game plan of PDP. They are very desperate to take over power from APC. From every indication, APC is going South, PDP will go north. And with that, it is game over for APC because PDP will defeat them base on the hand writings on the wall.

Yes, the Igbos have stuck with the PDP since inception. They have remained loyal to PDP much more than any tribe or region. If they demand the ticket as a compensation for their loyalty, they are not demanding too much at all. But at THIS point in time, if PDP decides to field an Igbo man now just to please the igbos, they will lose based on obvious political calculations.

The best bet for PDP and the easiest route for an Igbo man to be President is to allow someone like Atiku to pick the ticket while an Igbo man will serve as his VIce. Upon completion of his 8 years tenure, his vice, an Igbo man can then aspire to be President.

The most important thing is to snatch power from APC by all means possible now. My submission.

And who told you northern PDP will not betray SE after 8 years as you are sure northern APC will betray SW APC in 2023?
Re: 2023: PDP Has Settled For Northern Presidency – Babangida Aliyu by Nobody: 11:27am On Jan 10, 2022
BJanta:

'Let everyone build Nigeria from their regional base as' the Southeast is doing. now

Lol. With 10 million Igbos in the SW alone? I think you Igbos use a different dictionary of the English language to that used by others.

This is what is responsible for your comprehension 'deficit'. Building from your regional base mean all indigenous hands coming together to make regions of Nigeria a satisfactory and fulfilling place for the people of that region to live, work and remain in.

Same as Britons and Americans largely remain in their satisfactory Countries rather than being immigrants to other nations, with better opportunities, as Nigerians, Ghanaians, Pakistanis etal are.

Igbos develop Igbo land, Yorubas develop Yoruba land. Kapish? Yorubas first in Yoruba land vice versa.

1 Like

Re: 2023: PDP Has Settled For Northern Presidency – Babangida Aliyu by Nobody: 11:36am On Jan 10, 2022
Sunnyja:
Osibanjo and Tinubu were shouting restructuring when they were in opposition. They are now the same people asking Nigerians what they mean by restructuring!

Why are you Igbos such incorrigible and irredeemable liars? You have no qualms, anytime and anyday, lying disgracefully against those you hate.

Never mind the damage to their reputation and name. Totally dishonorable and condemnable behavior. .

You people are the ones, out of toxic hate and jealousy of Tinubu, responsible for so many lies against BAT. The man has always been an advocate of restructuring. That was Tinubu speaking in 2017. Abi APC was not in power then? Shameless liar.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/nigeria-needs-restructuring-to-create-balance-tinubu/%3famp

Nigeria needs restructuring to create balance —Tinubu
Taiwo Ojoye
24 September 2017

A national leader of the ruling All Progressives Congress, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, has said restructuring will bring much needed balance to the country.

The former Lagos State governor, however, said he was against the split-up of the country.
Re: 2023: PDP Has Settled For Northern Presidency – Babangida Aliyu by Shascky33: 9:01am On Jun 21, 2022
helinues:

And what wonders did Aliyu perform when he was governor of his state?
He is the best governor the state have ever had! NIGERLITE.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Pictures As Sango Market Women Protest Scarcity Of New Naira Notes / Jonathan Arrives Hometown, Otuoke / Nigeria, S’africa Agreement Forbids Nationalisation Of Assets, Investments

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.