Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,161 members, 7,835,878 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:47 PM

HURIWA: Buhari Should Return Cooking Gas Price To How He Met It In 2015 - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / HURIWA: Buhari Should Return Cooking Gas Price To How He Met It In 2015 (21323 Views)

Open Grazing: Herders Banned From South Should Return To Kano – Ganduje / General Buratai: I Left Nigerian Army Better Than I Met It / El-Rufai: Why Presidency Should Return To South In 2023 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: HURIWA: Buhari Should Return Cooking Gas Price To How He Met It In 2015 by Nobody: 11:47pm On Jan 08, 2022
Sunday2021:
Foolish human rights rubbish should have told the party of corruption (PDP) to return the gas back to how it was in 1998.
Check this so called human rights fools, they are all igbos whom we know they are anti-buhari. You guys have tried everything but Mr President is still standing gidigba.
God bless Buhari
God bless Nigeria.

Is being daft your hobby?
Re: HURIWA: Buhari Should Return Cooking Gas Price To How He Met It In 2015 by NOETHNICITY(m): 11:54pm On Jan 08, 2022
Curious346:

They were good.

You will force me to lecture you on why I said so.
I cannot waste time on that.

Borrow data and do a Google research
Well, the administration of obj was like hell for me
The guy was a disaster
Religion has blinded you to the atrocities of ur christian leaders
I've no time for bigot like you
Re: HURIWA: Buhari Should Return Cooking Gas Price To How He Met It In 2015 by nnamdi640: 11:57pm On Jan 08, 2022
Ovamboland:

Lapako, suegbe, the LPG you are importing from the manufactures is your own resources?
What of the steel, aircraft and cars you import from all over, they are also your resources?
How can anyone be this dumb? Go and scoop LPG from under the ground now since it's your resources.
Just park one side, whether you like it or not, Buhari is a failure and stop defending a failed government. Buhari has done a lot of harm to this country than good. His stupid policies lead us into hardship.
Re: HURIWA: Buhari Should Return Cooking Gas Price To How He Met It In 2015 by Curious346: 11:58pm On Jan 08, 2022
NOETHNICITY:
Well, the administration of obj was like hell for me
The guy was a disaster
Religion has blinded you to the atrocities of ur christian leaders
I've no time for bigot like you
thank you.

Drop your nunber let me credit you N100
Re: HURIWA: Buhari Should Return Cooking Gas Price To How He Met It In 2015 by ken6488(m): 12:15am On Jan 09, 2022
Ovamboland:

And he should return your age to what it was in 2015, after you return all the food you have eaten since then
Let me see where this your defending of bad governance will lead u to
Re: HURIWA: Buhari Should Return Cooking Gas Price To How He Met It In 2015 by calcal: 12:20am On Jan 09, 2022
For the same reason, the president of Kazakhstan is killing his own people with live bullets.

Guys take it easy, manage it like that, nowhere is easy. Bubu is a good Oldman. just follow his advice not to elect another old man, you all will be fine.
Re: HURIWA: Buhari Should Return Cooking Gas Price To How He Met It In 2015 by Osilama1: 12:35am On Jan 09, 2022
DubaiLandLord:
I'm with HURIWA on this
in we Free market economy huriwa and anyone reasoning such is very foolish... Na buhari de fix prices of products?
Re: HURIWA: Buhari Should Return Cooking Gas Price To How He Met It In 2015 by Osilama1: 12:37am On Jan 09, 2022
Deltafirstson:

Nothing Jonathan did was OK by them.
They manipulated and fabricated all manners of lies to pull him down.
Today, the man is celebrated all over the world.
tell Jonathan to contest again since you guys are so obsessed with him leaving power...
Re: HURIWA: Buhari Should Return Cooking Gas Price To How He Met It In 2015 by Bigchristo: 2:16am On Jan 09, 2022
another1:

https://punchng.com/updated-buhari-should-return-cooking-gas-price-to-how-he-met-it-in-2015-huriwa/
The BMC will bury their face in shame because they’re equally buying gas at expensive prices to cook food that will give them strength and energy to defend the same person who inflated gas price, that’s the peak of stupidity

1 Like 1 Share

Re: HURIWA: Buhari Should Return Cooking Gas Price To How He Met It In 2015 by deepwater(f): 3:10am On Jan 09, 2022
helinues:
They should change their name to Civil Left.

Price of gas has increased in everywhere not only Nigeria. Na Buhari also responsible for that?

Some people would just open their mouth gbau

Can you specifically mention why the increase in gas price in Nigeria? I challenge you to debate me on this right here on this thread.

If you chicken out, I will take it that you have commented on an issue you have zero knowledge about.

Term of Reference: we would be discussing production, storage, transportation, parcel volume trajectory at off take and delivery as well as economic index variables specifically related to DLPG in Nigeria et al. In short, the scope of the discuss should be as wide as your entire knowledge on gas at local and global instance.

Please don't make me believe you actually opened you mouth gbau (whatever that means) ab initio

Caveat: This water is way too deep for you!
Re: HURIWA: Buhari Should Return Cooking Gas Price To How He Met It In 2015 by deepwater(f): 3:15am On Jan 09, 2022
Godnevafail:

You should be ashamed of yourself.
These are things you guys accused and blamed Goodluck Jonathan for.
Do you people know it happened in other countries?

^^^
Don't stress
I have challenged him to a debate up there
I await his feedback and sincerely hope he doesn't run with his balls stuck in between both legs
Re: HURIWA: Buhari Should Return Cooking Gas Price To How He Met It In 2015 by mfm04622: 4:47am On Jan 09, 2022
Tpharell:

Price of gas including LPG went up globally in 2021 no doubt, but it will be disingenuous for anyone to want us to believe there is nothing the federal government can do to make the product a little more affordable to Nigerians.
The exchange rate adjustment and VAT on imported gas are two cost imputs the government is wholly responsible for.

Why are you calling on govt to do something when the market is deregulated? Deregulated mean govt is NOT involved! Market forces is left to determine price and quantity supplied to the market.
For VAT on gas, it was even removed!
For exchange rate adjustment, so Naira should be manipulated just because has is going up? We are in this mess today because of the way we manipulated Naira in the past! If CBN manipulates Naira too much, there would be scarcity of foreign currency! CBN is working very hard to ensure we get enough foreign currency to meet demand for them already and they should jeopardize their work because of gas price?

1 Like

Re: HURIWA: Buhari Should Return Cooking Gas Price To How He Met It In 2015 by mfm04622: 4:59am On Jan 09, 2022
eduj:

we produce only 40% of the gas we consume because, we flare most of our potential gas output. Let government step down on gas flaring like other nations and our gas output will increase.

Also the vat this present government added to gas played a part in it's increase in price ,so yes Buhari isn't totally free of the current situation.

No!!!
Nigeria should be regarded as a gas producing country and not an oil producing country. We have lots more gas than oil. And even the oil we have is associated with gas, which led to gas flaring since exploration then was interested in oil only. If any company want to produce gas, we have lots of it.
Now, there is a something perculiar in the gas market. Gas are not stored after production due to the volume. What this mean is that BEFORE you produce a single cube of gas, you must already have a buyer! Gas is not a product you produce and them take to market. You must have signed a contract for buying/selling the gas BEFORE you start producing. Nigeria presently have 6 or 7 trains producing gas, final investment decision was recently taken on another. However, most of the gas we produce are exported to other countries! So the fact we produce only 40% of what we consume doesn't mean we only produce 40%. It only mean we can deploy 40% to Nigerian market.
Yes, stopping has flaring will help. However, what is the guarantee the gas saved from flaring will end up in the domestic market?
Why shouldn't Nigerians pay VAT on gas? Even during this high gas prices, the VAT was suspended. Is there anywhere in the world VAT is not paid on gas?
Re: HURIWA: Buhari Should Return Cooking Gas Price To How He Met It In 2015 by Ovamboland(m): 6:47am On Jan 09, 2022
Bigchristo:
The BMC will bury their face in shame because they’re equally buying gas at expensive prices to cook food that will give them strength and energy to defend the same person who inflated gas price, that’s the peak of stupidity

Did we not buy cooking gas as high as 5000 for 12.5kg whenever it gets scarce under PDP when naira value was far stronger. In today currency value that's over 12k
Re: HURIWA: Buhari Should Return Cooking Gas Price To How He Met It In 2015 by Nobody: 7:22am On Jan 09, 2022
Osilama1:
in we Free market economy huriwa and anyone reasoning such is very foolish... Na buhari de fix prices of products?
You're dull, people holding GMB responsible for the terrible security situation in Nigeria must be foolish according to you cause GMB is not a military personnel.
Re: HURIWA: Buhari Should Return Cooking Gas Price To How He Met It In 2015 by Nobody: 8:00am On Jan 09, 2022
mfm04622:

No!!!
Nigeria should be regarded as a gas producing country and not an oil producing country. We have lots more gas than oil. And even the oil we have is associated with gas, which led to gas flaring since exploration then was interested in oil only. If any company want to produce gas, we have lots of it.
Now, there is a something perculiar in the gas market. Gas are not stored after production due to the volume. What this mean is that BEFORE you produce a single cube of gas, you must already have a buyer! Gas is not a product you produce and them take to market. You must have signed a contract for buying/selling the gas BEFORE you start producing. Nigeria presently have 6 or 7 trains producing gas, final investment decision was recently taken on another. However, most of the gas we produce are exported to other countries! So the fact we produce only 40% of what we consume doesn't mean we only produce 40%. It only mean we can deploy 40% to Nigerian market.
Yes, stopping has flaring will help. However, what is the guarantee the gas saved from flaring will end up in the domestic market?
Why shouldn't Nigerians pay VAT on gas? Even during this high gas prices, the VAT was suspended. Is there anywhere in the world VAT is not paid on gas?

bro, don't know where you got your info, but natural gas can be stored indefinitely inside underground depleted gas reservoirs.

it can also be converted into liquid (compressing to high pressure) and stored,trucked or shipped .. and by the way, what do you mean by were a gas producing country not an oil producing country ? don't we produce oil ? does having more gas make us to stop being an oil producing country ? which kind logic be this one

you based most of your assumptions on the NlNG plant in Nigeria. The agreement with the federal government is that most of its output will Carter for the foreign market.

But shell has its own private gas facilities that supply gas to industries in aba,Lagos,ogun and rivers and many more oil companies could have the same if the federal government strictly enforced a no flaring policy, but as usual all the government of the day is after is there individual pockets and not the welfare of the masses

Am not here to drag the legality of imposing vat on gas, I only pointed out the fact that the imposition of vat lead to an increase in gas prices.So hence,the government can't claim to be innocent of the prodigious increase in gas price. Go to any cooking gas loading bay and check out the taxes both the loading bay and the trucks that will convey them have to pay and the picture becomes clearer.

You can stand up for the government if you like,but it doesn't remove from the fact that the high cost of most mass commodities isn't only as a result the dollar increase,but as a result of having the highest port charges in west Africa along with corruption. if you have anyone in the US, try send him money to get you an iphone X and then compare it with the retail price in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: HURIWA: Buhari Should Return Cooking Gas Price To How He Met It In 2015 by Nobody: 8:16am On Jan 09, 2022
Ovamboland:

But they are building their troublesome countries while conquering more territories including your own you left in ignominy. Indian workers typically earn less than Nigerian workers but they don't go around telling the whole world how useless and failed their country is. I have walked on Indian streets, there was cow dung and human waste here and there and palpable poverty, but they aren't bitter like many of you.

your talk is now about patriotism. yes a lot of Nigerians aren't patriotic and why is that ?

look at the present government of the day , his derogatory speeches to a particular region/people, his derisive statements about the youths of the country, his blindness to the ethnic cleansi.. being enforced by the herdsmen. Consider the politics at play in Nigeria where is ethnic group before country.

yes indians might receive lower wages in there nation, but that doesn't stop our military men converted into bodyguards for them when the get to Nigeria.

What is it to make one actually proud of being. a Nigerian ?

Granted this country has all it needs to be great but it's handicapped by inept leadership fueled by chronic tribalism
Re: HURIWA: Buhari Should Return Cooking Gas Price To How He Met It In 2015 by Bigchristo: 8:22am On Jan 09, 2022
Ovamboland:

Did we not buy cooking gas as high as 5000 for 12.5kg whenever it gets scarce under PDP when naira value was far stronger. In today currency value that's over 12k
You be mumu, what makes the naira weaker?
Re: HURIWA: Buhari Should Return Cooking Gas Price To How He Met It In 2015 by jaytee01(m): 8:59am On Jan 09, 2022
RichDad1:
These idiots. Is it Buhari that makes global gas price to rise ?
You are the idiot!
Re: HURIWA: Buhari Should Return Cooking Gas Price To How He Met It In 2015 by Misterone: 10:31am On Jan 09, 2022
Fourwinds:

That is the sense the person you quoted does not have.
and the sense you don't have is that the government does not produce the gas. we only issue IOCs and other oil and gas companies licences through NNPC to explore, mine and produce this gas. they sell it to us at global price. so do you want the government to buy it from the companies at global price then sell it to us at your price? that's called subsidy.
Re: HURIWA: Buhari Should Return Cooking Gas Price To How He Met It In 2015 by COMPAQ(m): 11:22am On Jan 09, 2022
Deltafirstson:

Nothing Jonathan did was OK by them.
They manipulated and fabricated all manners of lies to pull him down.
Today, the man is celebrated all over the world.

Which nonsense celebrated all over the world. Abeg Park well! Jonathan and his PDP were just as incompetent and corrupt as Buhari and his APC.

The reality is that government has little to do directly with gas prices. As anyone who reads international news will know Europe has a huge gas crisis for most of 2021 and gas prices spiked in Europe significantly.

Since a good portion of our LPG is imported, coupled with deregulation it compounded the price locally. Once winter in Europe passes, the gas prices will trend downwards and that is what you are beginning to see in the price now.

I know times are hard and the high cost of LPG is biting the pocket, but that should not stop us from proper understanding of the dynamics of pricing and making educated and reasoned comments here.

2 Likes

Re: HURIWA: Buhari Should Return Cooking Gas Price To How He Met It In 2015 by COMPAQ(m): 11:34am On Jan 09, 2022
Tpharell:

LPG is not 'manufactured' as you put it, but obtained from processing natural gas by liquefaction and separation. And, lets not be deceived, Nigeria actually exports LPG, while at the same time importing to augment local supply in a manner that defies logic!
Finally, gas price including lpg surged globally in 2021 no doubt, but no one should be decieved into believing that there is nothing the federal government can do to make the product a bit more affordable for Nigerians, especially considering it is a product produced locally.

Dude there is a difference between LPG and LNG, however subtle. We export LNG but not LPG. NLNG plant in Bonny produces some LPG, but insufficient for local demand. The rest is imported. And that imported bit is what has been affected by sharp increase in has prices in 2021. NLNG company in Bonny was never set up to produce LPG. No matter the volume of gas that passes through NLNG, if they never had the capacity for LPG, then so be it.
Re: HURIWA: Buhari Should Return Cooking Gas Price To How He Met It In 2015 by COMPAQ(m): 11:44am On Jan 09, 2022
Layi4real:
To those fools and stupid people siding with Buhari claiming global increase in fuel price isn't Mr president fault..... Can u compare rate of increment in fuel price in Nigeria to any other countries worldwide since 2015.
When things is not right it's not right. And if u still think it not Buhari fault May God punish una because no b only gas de cost for Nigeria. Infact every dam thing cost drastically.

Dude in July 2020 petrol in Houston US was $1.55per gallon. Then crude prices had fallen to about $20. In late 2021 it went as high as $3.05 (97% increase) due to crude prices hitting $80.

In Nigeria we went from N145 To N125 ba? Then back up to N164, which is 31%increase.

1 Like

Re: HURIWA: Buhari Should Return Cooking Gas Price To How He Met It In 2015 by Tpharell: 12:09pm On Jan 09, 2022
COMPAQ:

Dude there is a difference between LPG and LNG, however subtle. We export LNG but not LPG. NLNG plant in Bonny produces some LPG, but insufficient for local demand. The rest is imported. And that imported bit is what has been affected by sharp increase in has prices in 2021. NLNG company in Bonny was never set up to produce LPG. No matter the volume of gas that passes through NLNG, if they never had the capacity for LPG, then so be it.
Go through my writeup again and you would see that i did not mention LNG anywhere, so I don't see your point about LNG. And, don't be decieved, if you don't know, LPG cargo has already been exported out of Nigeria this 2022
Re: HURIWA: Buhari Should Return Cooking Gas Price To How He Met It In 2015 by COMPAQ(m): 12:27pm On Jan 09, 2022
Tpharell:

Go through my writeup again and you would see that i did not mention LNG anywhere, so I don't see your point about LNG. And, don't be decieved, if you don't know, LPG cargo has already been exported out of Nigeria this 2022
Re: HURIWA: Buhari Should Return Cooking Gas Price To How He Met It In 2015 by Tpharell: 2:14pm On Jan 09, 2022
Ovamboland:

Processing and blending is what sir using multi million dollar equipment?

We are not talking of picking stones out of beans.

VAT on imported LPG is the position of the tax law every dealer was aware of 2-3 years ago. Locally produced LPG are still tax exempt, but why is it not selling cheaper? Simple law of demand and supply in a deregulated market.

If you have the acumen and better idea on how to supply LPG at cheaper price to the market, this is your chance to hit it big.
There is no 'manufacturing' of petrol from crude oil (thats what you are saying), but processing (refining) crude into petrol, please! Enough of this!
I maintain, there is what government can still do to make the product more affordable in the local market. Government makes laws hence can review the VAT to ease the burden on Nigerians. I see you have nothing to say about the exchange rate adjustments I mentioned by the government which badly impacted on the price of domestic LPG
Re: HURIWA: Buhari Should Return Cooking Gas Price To How He Met It In 2015 by Tpharell: 2:32pm On Jan 09, 2022
mfm04622:

Why are you calling on govt to do something when the market is deregulated? Deregulated mean govt is NOT involved! Market forces is left to determine price and quantity supplied to the market.
For VAT on gas, it was even removed!
For exchange rate adjustment, so Naira should be manipulated just because has is going up? We are in this mess today because of the way we manipulated Naira in the past! If CBN manipulates Naira too much, there would be scarcity of foreign currency! CBN is working very hard to ensure we get enough foreign currency to meet demand for them already and they should jeopardize their work because of gas price?
When situations spiral out of control government cannot fold its hands and say that 'it is a deregulated market', thats not how it should play out please. On VAT, it is fully in place for imported LPG this very moment, you must know.
Finally, not everyone can be decieved about 'Naira manipulation in the past'. Now that CBN 'no longer manipulates it', is forex readily available, and has foreign reserves grown reasonable more than in the past? Are you saying there is no forex scarcity today or what? I still maintain that government can still do something to make LPG more affordable to Nigerians, if the mean it. Its not totally out of there hands.
Re: HURIWA: Buhari Should Return Cooking Gas Price To How He Met It In 2015 by Ovamboland(m): 2:46pm On Jan 09, 2022
Bigchristo:
You be mumu, what makes the naira weaker?

Suegbe, it's Buhari that makes naira weaker nah
Re: HURIWA: Buhari Should Return Cooking Gas Price To How He Met It In 2015 by Ovamboland(m): 2:51pm On Jan 09, 2022
Tpharell:

There is no 'manufacturing' of petrol from crude oil (thats what you are saying), but processing (refining) crude into petrol, please! Enough of this!
I maintain, there is what government can still do to make the product more affordable in the local market. Government makes laws hence can review the VAT to ease the burden on Nigerians. I see you have nothing to say about the exchange rate adjustments I mentioned by the government which badly impacted on the price of domestic LPG

Lets stop harping on semantics, that's not the subject of discussion.

One thing govt can do is introduce another form of subsidy or withdraw VAT in imported LPG, 7.5% which won't reverse the 200% price increase and will discourage local investment in LPG production.
Re: HURIWA: Buhari Should Return Cooking Gas Price To How He Met It In 2015 by Ovamboland(m): 2:54pm On Jan 09, 2022
Tpharell:

When situations spiral out of control government cannot fold its hands and say that 'it is a deregulated market', thats not how it should play out please. On VAT, it is fully in place for imported LPG this very moment, you must know.
Finally, not everyone can be decieved about 'Naira manipulation in the past'. Now that CBN 'no longer manipulates it', is forex readily available, and has foreign reserves grown reasonable more than in the past? Are you saying there is no forex scarcity today or what? I still maintain that government can still do something to make LPG more affordable to Nigerians, if the mean it. Its not totally out of there hands.

Govt cannot create forex if we don't earn it via increased export of goods and services. Or alternatively reduce imports if items we can easily produce at home

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

I Guess Anambra State Govt Is Been Over Stretched photo / Adinoyi Ojo Onukaba Dies In Car Crash / Senate Removes Direct Primary Clause, Passes Electoral Act

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.