Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,041 members, 7,835,510 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:05 AM

HURIWA: Buhari Should Return Cooking Gas Price To How He Met It In 2015 - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / HURIWA: Buhari Should Return Cooking Gas Price To How He Met It In 2015 (21318 Views)

Open Grazing: Herders Banned From South Should Return To Kano – Ganduje / General Buratai: I Left Nigerian Army Better Than I Met It / El-Rufai: Why Presidency Should Return To South In 2023 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: HURIWA: Buhari Should Return Cooking Gas Price To How He Met It In 2015 by Bigchristo: 3:02pm On Jan 09, 2022
Ovamboland:

Suegbe, it's Buhari that makes naira weaker nah
So why are you defending him? I don’t understand this one is like your head is touching.
Re: HURIWA: Buhari Should Return Cooking Gas Price To How He Met It In 2015 by GorillaApp(m): 3:05pm On Jan 09, 2022
Luckydubby7:
The way some of his supporters were commenting on this issue in one radio program got me wondering.
Something jumped from N3000 to N9,000 to N10,000 and now reduced by N200 to N400. You are thanking Buhari. Say wetin happen.
When dem say e reduce, I think say na to 4k or 5k. Not knowing its just 200 naira dem remove. Most Nigerians get problem

1 Like

Re: HURIWA: Buhari Should Return Cooking Gas Price To How He Met It In 2015 by Ovamboland(m): 3:21pm On Jan 09, 2022
Bigchristo:
So why are you defending him? I don’t understand this one is like your head is touching.

You are a real suegbe, have you blamed him for your headache and fever too? I thought they said Nigerians are generally smart? You must be an exception.
Re: HURIWA: Buhari Should Return Cooking Gas Price To How He Met It In 2015 by Bigchristo: 3:28pm On Jan 09, 2022
Ovamboland:

You are a real suegbe, have you blamed him for your headache and fever too? I thought they said Nigerians are generally smart? You must be an exception.
You’re the dullard here, You’re not smart at all because you couldn’t comprehend my first comments, now I understand is not everyone who uses smartphones are normal, your head Dey touch bro grin grin grin
Re: HURIWA: Buhari Should Return Cooking Gas Price To How He Met It In 2015 by Tpharell: 3:30pm On Jan 09, 2022
Ovamboland:

Lets stop harping on semantics, that's not the subject of discussion.

One thing govt can do is introduce another form of subsidy or withdraw VAT in imported LPG, 7.5% which won't reverse the 200% price increase and will discourage local investment in LPG production.
So, in 2021 government reintroduced VAT on imported LPG and requested importers to pay the tax on imports going back 3 years, yes cargo that has since been sold. So importers are now gradually trying to offset the outstanding VAT, with the attendant cost transferred to buyers. So the 7.5% VAT importers are paying at the moment is effectively much more than that and is being transferred to Nigerians. You probably never heard of this thats why you argued that removal of the VAT would not change the price much.
On the lighter side, i wonder what you make of that fellows argument of 'manufacturing' LPG?
Re: HURIWA: Buhari Should Return Cooking Gas Price To How He Met It In 2015 by Fourwinds: 7:24pm On Jan 09, 2022
Misterone:
and the sense you don't have is that the government does not produce the gas. we only issue IOCs and other oil and gas companies licences through NNPC to explore, mine and produce this gas. they sell it to us at global price. so do you want the government to buy it from the companies at global price then sell it to us at your price? that's called subsidy.
What you don't know is that if USA government was to own the quantity of gas we have , they won't buy it that the price we are buying it. The first thing is that the government will also produce its own gas and consider the interest of its citizens.. Many of you claim to know but you know nothing
Re: HURIWA: Buhari Should Return Cooking Gas Price To How He Met It In 2015 by Ovamboland(m): 8:41pm On Jan 09, 2022
Bigchristo:
You’re the dullard here, You’re not smart at all because you couldn’t comprehend my first comments, now I understand is not everyone who uses smartphones are normal, your head Dey touch bro grin grin grin

The ofe.manu is confused
Re: HURIWA: Buhari Should Return Cooking Gas Price To How He Met It In 2015 by Ovamboland(m): 8:47pm On Jan 09, 2022
Tpharell:

So, in 2021 government reintroduced VAT on imported LPG and requested importers to pay the tax on imports going back 3 years, yes cargo that has since been sold. So importers are now gradually trying to offset the outstanding VAT, with the attendant cost transferred to buyers. So the 7.5% VAT importers are paying at the moment is effectively much more than that and is being transferred to Nigerians. You probably never heard of this thats why you argued that removal of the VAT would not change the price much.
On the lighter side, i wonder what you make of that fellows argument of 'manufacturing' LPG?

Back collection story of VAT story is completely false. The VAT was not due on the previous years and they cant ask for it.
It only becomes applicable from last year.

The VAT on imports is meant to encourage local producers to invest and enlarge their capacity but I know Covid impacted a number of projects negatively, I know because I was involved in one the Chinese workers could not come back in January 2020 due to lockdiwn in China
Re: HURIWA: Buhari Should Return Cooking Gas Price To How He Met It In 2015 by Misterone: 10:42pm On Jan 09, 2022
Fourwinds:

What you don't know is that if USA government was to own the quantity of gas we have , they won't buy it that the price we are buying it. The first thing is that the government will also produce its own gas and consider the interest of its citizens.. Many of you claim to know but you know nothing
now I know you know nothing at all and you think you know. that make you what? the USA you are talking about is one of the largest producers of shale oil. how much is the price of PMS per gallon in the US? US my foot. now let me school you a little. as Nigeria is today with the current constitution of representation across all region (quota system) any industry government is involve in instead of being a regulator, that industry will surely fail. you want government to set up a gas producing company, that company is dead on arrival. if the refineries are sold today to even a Nigerian, they will work. it is no miracle but a fact. government has no business in business. government is all about welfare not profits. business is all about profits not welfare.
Re: HURIWA: Buhari Should Return Cooking Gas Price To How He Met It In 2015 by Misterone: 10:53pm On Jan 09, 2022
nnamdi640:
Just park one side, whether you like it or not, Buhari is a failure and stop defending a failed government. Buhari has done a lot of harm to this country than good. His stupid policies lead us into hardship.
like which of his policy, please enlighten us. you know talk is cheap. you open ya mouth to Yap anyhow.
Re: HURIWA: Buhari Should Return Cooking Gas Price To How He Met It In 2015 by Bigchristo: 10:56pm On Jan 09, 2022
Ovamboland:

The ofe.manu is confused
Werey
Re: HURIWA: Buhari Should Return Cooking Gas Price To How He Met It In 2015 by nnamdi640: 11:24pm On Jan 09, 2022
Misterone:
like which of his policy, please enlighten us. you know talk is cheap. you open ya mouth to Yap anyhow.
I know zombies will always act like their fellow. Just continue worshipping your master, thank God his tenure will soon be over. I pity the person that will take over from this failure called Buhari

1 Like

Re: HURIWA: Buhari Should Return Cooking Gas Price To How He Met It In 2015 by Fourwinds: 11:35pm On Jan 09, 2022
Misterone:
now I know you know nothing at all and you think you know. that make you what? the USA you are talking about is one of the largest producers of shale oil. how much is the price of PMS per gallon in the US? US my foot. now let me school you a little. as Nigeria is today with the current constitution of representation across all region (quota system) any industry government is involve in instead of being a regulator, that industry will surely fail. you want government to set up a gas producing company, that company is dead on arrival. if the refineries are sold today to even a Nigerian, they will work. it is no miracle but a fact. government has no business in business. government is all about welfare not profits. business is all about profits not welfare.

How much is garri now compare to what it was few months ago..we grow cassava here, if not for the greed of some businessmen and women that commodity wouldn't be expensive because it is not an imported product. Now because a lot of people have gone into farming the price has fallen.. So same can happen to gas but the government will create a very difficult environment for genuine businessmen and women to produce gas but just to favour few...like a said earlier gas shouldn't be this expensive... The price of Cassava I grow to consume can not be dictated by the the international market. That is the foolish mentality government and its agents always use to brain wash their zombies...
Re: HURIWA: Buhari Should Return Cooking Gas Price To How He Met It In 2015 by Misterone: 11:40pm On Jan 09, 2022
nnamdi640:
I know zombies will always act like their fellow. Just continue worshipping your master, thank God his tenure will soon be over. I pity the person that will take over from this failure called Buhari
see them! they like talking like fools but when you challenge them they run away like the idiots they are, slowpoke. tell us! tell us!! what policy of Buhari made you to suffer and probably die wretched. una no want to work, una go hungry. FYI, there are american citizens that are beggars and homeless in àmerica but our boys and girls (even with the police and immigration officials at their neck) go there to make it. why, determination. if you put less than half of that determination here in Nigeria, you would be a millionaire.
Re: HURIWA: Buhari Should Return Cooking Gas Price To How He Met It In 2015 by Misterone: 11:49pm On Jan 09, 2022
Fourwinds:

How much is garri now compare to what it was few months ago..we grow cassava here, if not for the greed of some businessmen and women that commodity wouldn't be expensive because it is not an imported product. Now because a lot of people have gone into farming the price has fallen.. So same can happen to gas but the government will create a very difficult environment for genuine businessmen and women to produce gas but just to favour few...like a said earlier gas shouldn't be this expensive... The price of Cassava I grow to consume can not be dictated by the the international market. That is the foolish mentality government and its agents always use to brain wash their zombies...
like I said somewhere else, talk is cheap. do you know how much it cost to drill a gas well? do you know how much it cost for the equipments to produce gas? or you think it is to buy grating machine for cassava? make una get sense this 2022 o! if you may know, the EGTL in escravos cost over $10 billon. the LNG is another thing entirely.
Re: HURIWA: Buhari Should Return Cooking Gas Price To How He Met It In 2015 by nnamdi640: 11:52pm On Jan 09, 2022
Misterone:
see them! they like talking like fools but when you challenge them they run away like the idiots they are, slowpoke. tell us! tell us!! what policy of Buhari made you to suffer and probably die wretched. una no want to work, una go hungry. FYI, there are american citizens that are beggars and homeless in àmerica but our boys and girls (even with the police and immigration officials at their neck) go there to make it. why, determination. if you put less than half of that determination here in Nigeria, you would be a millionaire.
It is only a fool and looter under the umbrella of Apshit that will say the rubbish you just posted. Anybody struggling to make a living knows the type of hardship this failure called Buhari brought upon us. Comparing USA to Nigeria is really an insult to that country, you need to be arrested for saying this rubbish. Can you compare the income of an average man in USA to that of Nigeria. I have two friends in USA that received $1000 from the US government during lockdown. Abeg which one did your government gave to their own citizens talkless of foreigners, all they did was to send their men out to guard palliative wharehouse. Oponu!!!
Re: HURIWA: Buhari Should Return Cooking Gas Price To How He Met It In 2015 by Fourwinds: 12:02am On Jan 10, 2022
Misterone:
like I said somewhere else, talk is cheap. do you know how much it cost to drill a gas well? do you know how much it cost for the equipments to produce gas? or you think it is to buy grating machine for cassava? make una get sense this 2022 o! if you may know, the EGTL in escravos cost over $10 billon. the LNG is another thing entirely.

So MTN that invested in Nigeria close to almost 20years ago , have they not recoup their money? So someone that is putting $10 billion in gas, do you expect him to get the money back in 5years? Even 10 years may not be possible but with resilience he will surely get it. But here in Nigeria , we have very greedy businessmen and women who invest today and want their money in 6 months time.. Very wicked set of people. Very impatient.. How healthy is your banks? That is the sharp practices they do.in USA people buy house and pay back in 20 to 25 years.. Is your economy better than theirs.
Re: HURIWA: Buhari Should Return Cooking Gas Price To How He Met It In 2015 by Misterone: 12:04am On Jan 10, 2022
nnamdi640:
It is only a fool and looter under the umbrella of Apshit that will say the rubbish you just posted. Anybody struggling to make a living knows the type of hardship this failure called Buhari brought upon us. Comparing USA to Nigeria is really an insult to that country, you need to be arrested for saying this rubbish. Can you compare the income of an average man in USA to that of Nigeria. I have two friends in USA that received $1000 from the US government during lockdown. Abeg which one did your government gave to their own citizens talkless of foreigners, all they did was to send their men out to guard palliative wharehouse. Oponu!!!
I ask again, which policy of the present administration has made you to be in poverty and die wretched? you see your life! now it is about comparing incomes of countries. you be mumu! say you be mumu! the gas you are crying for how much is it in dollars? mumu.
Re: HURIWA: Buhari Should Return Cooking Gas Price To How He Met It In 2015 by Misterone: 12:10am On Jan 10, 2022
Fourwinds:

So MTN that invested in Nigeria close to almost 20years ago , have they not recoup their money? So someone that is putting $10 billion in gas, do you expect him to get the money back in 5years? Even 10 years may not be possible but with resilience he will surely get it. But here in Nigeria , we have very greedy businessmen and women who invest today and want their money in 6 months time.. Very wicked set of people. Very impatient.. How healthy is your banks? That is the sharp practices they do.in USA people buy house and pay back in 20 to 25 years.. Is your economy better than theirs.
if you know this then why are you comparing cassava and gas. are they alike in production and cost? you think say $10billion na moimoi money?
Re: HURIWA: Buhari Should Return Cooking Gas Price To How He Met It In 2015 by Fourwinds: 12:21am On Jan 10, 2022
Misterone:
if you know this then why are you comparing cassava and gas. are they alike in production and cost? you think say $10billion na moimoi money?

So what is the noise about making the product so expensive? So you know they can make back their money with what I just wrote. It is greed.. If you are into gas, it is greed that is in your blood that an average Nigeria wants to get his or her money the following day...has economy become among the first ten in the world.. Best economy make minimal profit.. Not the type many of you do here..
Re: HURIWA: Buhari Should Return Cooking Gas Price To How He Met It In 2015 by Fourwinds: 12:24am On Jan 10, 2022
Misterone:
I ask again, which policy of the present administration has made you to be in poverty and die wretched? you see your life! now it is about comparing incomes of countries. you be mumu! say you be mumu! the gas you are crying for how much is it in dollars? mumu.

The banning of rice didn't even improve the production in the country after almost three years.. This is one of the policies
Re: HURIWA: Buhari Should Return Cooking Gas Price To How He Met It In 2015 by nnamdi640: 12:30am On Jan 10, 2022
Misterone:
Before talking about the price of gas in dollar, can you compare the income of an average man in USA to that of Nigeria? I have never seen a brainwashed being like this before. Just enjoy your chain
Re: HURIWA: Buhari Should Return Cooking Gas Price To How He Met It In 2015 by Misterone: 9:59am On Jan 10, 2022
nnamdi640:
Before talking about the price of gas in dollar, can you compare the income of an average man in USA to that of Nigeria? I have never seen a brainwashed being like this before. Just enjoy your chain
you no get sense at all. stop comparing apples and oranges. they are two different things. mumu.
Re: HURIWA: Buhari Should Return Cooking Gas Price To How He Met It In 2015 by Misterone: 10:37am On Jan 10, 2022
Fourwinds:

The banning of rice didn't even improve the production in the country after almost three years.. This is one of the policies
hehehe! you are too funny. you must be a clown. you are complaining of high price of gas and banning of imported rice at the same time! ah!
now let me school you a little. why you think the price of gas is high is because of the value of the naira. why is the naira devalued? because of excessive importation. how can we stop excessive importation? by looking inward (buy Nigeria eat Nigeria). for every importation, the goods imported must be backed by the dollar. now the various means by which we get dollars in this country are oil and gas 90%, others 10%. petroleum products sales to other countries has been down for some time now, also the price is just coming up recently. therefore there is dollar scarcity. when demand is high and supply low, price will rise. it is simple economics. this is why mr President has been calling us nigerians to go to the farm. grow what you eat, eat what you grow. even as a worker, nothing stops you from planting things like tomatoes, pepper, water leaf etc in your backyard. that would save you over 5k a month that you can keep aside for the future. even self, so many other things need to be banned. the America you compare us with does not allow china to export goods to its shores anyhow. they are regulated. it is called bilateral trade. you cannot bring in more than a certain amount of goods into the country per year. you cannot import sub standard goods etc. but you want Nigeria to be a dumping ground so that you can eat cheap and expired � rice abi? make una get sense o!
Re: HURIWA: Buhari Should Return Cooking Gas Price To How He Met It In 2015 by Misterone: 10:46am On Jan 10, 2022
Fourwinds:

So what is the noise about making the product so expensive? So you know they can make back their money with what I just wrote. It is greed.. If you are into gas, it is greed that is in your blood that an average Nigeria wants to get his or her money the following day...has economy become among the first ten in the world.. Best economy make minimal profit.. Not the type many of you do here..
omo why you dey talk like this? how many nigerians get $10 billion. see Dangote refinery, how many years has it been on and for how long? you need international expertise and collarboration to do this things. stop talking like as if iya basira can leave her pepper trade and delve into oil and gas
Re: HURIWA: Buhari Should Return Cooking Gas Price To How He Met It In 2015 by nnamdi640: 6:47pm On Jan 10, 2022
Misterone:
you no get sense at all. stop comparing apples and oranges. they are two different things. mumu.
If you have sense you won't try to defend a failed government. A government that can't think before taking action. You banned importation of rice known fully well that the country rice production is not sufficient to go round now the price of rice is 3 times it's price when Gej was in power. I wonder how they will correct that mistake, he even admitted that there is food shortages in the country and you are hear defending a man that knew that he really messed up. Again, you are the one that started the comparison.
Re: HURIWA: Buhari Should Return Cooking Gas Price To How He Met It In 2015 by Misterone: 8:21pm On Jan 10, 2022
nnamdi640:
If you have sense you won't try to defend a failed government. A government that can't think before taking action. You banned importation of rice known fully well that the country rice production is not sufficient to go round now the price of rice is 3 times it's price when Gej was in power. I wonder how they will correct that mistake, he even admitted that there is food shortages in the country and you are hear defending a man that knew that he really messed up. Again, you are the one that started the comparison.
so na rice be your problem! oya come chop rice. you want to eat your cake and have it, its not done anywhere. you want development but you don't want the pains that goes with it. nnamdi you are from the igbo stock, most likely from Aba. now if the government in its wisdom urge Aba shoe makers to mass produce with the incentive thàt there is a ready market for the product. after these shoemakers have invested their life savings on materials and mass produce, overnight government gives licences to importers to flood the market with China cheap shoes. what will you say? we cannot be encouraging citizens to go back to the farm and at the same time open up the borders for cheap products to come in. it's not done anywhere. America even with all it's wealth closes on its borders to prevent cheap goods from coming into the country from China. God bless PMB for this insight if not, na plastic rice you for dey chop now.
Re: HURIWA: Buhari Should Return Cooking Gas Price To How He Met It In 2015 by nnamdi640: 9:15pm On Jan 10, 2022
Misterone:
so na rice be your problem! oya come chop rice. you want to eat your cake and have it, its not done anywhere. you want development but you don't want the pains that goes with it. nnamdi you are from the igbo stock, most likely from Aba. now if the government in its wisdom urge Aba shoe makers to mass produce with the incentive thàt there is a ready market for the product. after these shoemakers have invested their life savings on materials and mass produce, overnight government gives licences to importers to flood the market with China cheap shoes. what will you say? we cannot be encouraging citizens to go back to the farm and at the same time open up the borders for cheap products to come in. it's not done anywhere. America even with all it's wealth closes on its borders to prevent cheap goods from coming into the country from China. God bless PMB for this insight if not, na plastic rice you for dey chop now.
You have started the comparison again, later you will push it to me. Hope you know that these countries USA and China you mentioned still import raw agricultural products from other countries to survive. There is no country in this world that don't depend on other countries product to survive because that is how it is supposed to be. A country can't be master of all. If you don't buy their products how do you expect them to buy yours. If the whole country failed to buy our crude oil, do you think this country will stand. Am sure you don't think before you comment because of the lies you listen to daily. Again, this is going to 4years rice was banned, are you buying it at a cheaper price since it is now made in Nigeria. I still don't understand the way you reason. Am not saying that am hungry but as a government, there are decisions you will take that will hit the masses hard, at that point, a sensible government will be careful in taking such decision, just like the issue of removing subsidy, you should know that the masses will protest which might lead to military coup one the unrest is not contained. There is no government that can win the masses when they come together to say no.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Photo From APC Edo Governorship Primary Election Today / "Visitation To Buhari Caused Tillerson’s Sack" - FFK / Retiring Justice Musa Dattijo Muhammad Alleges Abuse Of Power By CJN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.