Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,752 members, 7,817,082 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:53 AM

2022 Experiment 1: Becoming A Product Designer - Programming (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / 2022 Experiment 1: Becoming A Product Designer (10249 Views)

17 Year Old aspiring Frontend Developer / Product Designer / Product Designer - UI /UX / A Thread On My Experiment With Reinforcement Learning & Artificial Intelligence. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2022 Experiment 1: Becoming A Product Designer by SKhanmi: 9:03pm On Nov 25, 2022
Took some days break and came back to the issue. Was able to get the interactions to a particular degree and optimized the page across 3 breakpoints.

Changed the hero page picture to something more appropriate.

https://boris-fintech-site.webflow.io/clevertask

2 Likes

Re: 2022 Experiment 1: Becoming A Product Designer by lumcylolly(m): 6:42am On Nov 26, 2022
If you have coding knowledge; please bring it to us through this WhatsApp group link:https:///FzAR3efLqH85I0w0NS49gT
Your contribution is so much needed
Re: 2022 Experiment 1: Becoming A Product Designer by SKhanmi: 5:15pm On Dec 02, 2022
Transformer decided to pack up, Long fuel queues- still couldn't get angry It's looking like a forced timeout for me and my devices this time around, Don't mind anyway, been getting complaints about my appearance. I need to go out anyway for an extended period of time and stop looking like a fresh ghoul. Nigeria's got your back man wink Nonsense.

In the meantime, My linkedin has been having multiple views since I optimized it using venzals method, Scored 2 interviews, they actually reached out to me, one in nigeria, the other in turkey. Think I applied for a remote intern role for the latter.

Missed the interview appointment for the turkey own, Was supposed to set a date using calendly, didn't see the invite until it was too late, need to reconfigure my mobile notifications. Damn!

Took the second one today. I like the guy, he went straight to the point, they were a company that had been advised to take on the services of a UIUX designer for their web apps. Had to explain the roles of a UI and UX designer and how it ties in with the project they have on ground.

Not to waste time, Did a quick audit of their website and the wireframes a UI designer did for them ( kinda basic and unrefined though but would work), sent them a brief sample of some UX audit issues ( found like 20+, listed 5 and explained 2 ) and a revision of one of their major wireframes. Told them to get back to me if they'll like to move forward with contract terms and closed laptop.

I like scenarios like this, don't waste my time with useless numerous interviews, I won't waste yours with crammed drivel ! If I can't do it, you'll know.

4 Likes

Re: 2022 Experiment 1: Becoming A Product Designer by SKhanmi: 5:28pm On Dec 02, 2022
On webflow, I found several online communities that have been quite helpful with hints. And I've helped up to 3 individuals in resolving errors with their sites on reddit, learnt a thing or two.

Most of us wait to be perfect before creating portfolios or looking for jobs/gigs. These guys just start with what they can do and shoot their shots. Folks would also take advantage of your skills and knowledges , no forget to shine eye.

Anyways, Let me go and update my little discord group ( We're trying to hone our webflow skills by replicating websites using regular challenges )

I'll just apply for jobs and practice webflow until things come back to normal.

Webflow learning path looks like this:

1. Finish Webflow university videos
2. Learn client-first
3. Learn Wized (turn website into web apps)
4. Xano (No-code backend builder)
5. Take a shot at upwork ( need to upgrade my behance to qt.guru UI designer's friend portfolio level first ), Shouldn't take me 2 weeks if I'm serious.

Ire o.

3 Likes

Re: 2022 Experiment 1: Becoming A Product Designer by SKhanmi: 10:37pm On Dec 07, 2022
Woke up and Thought I should try my hand at opening an Upwork account using one video someone dropped around this section, venzal's? Don't even remember.

Surprise, found out I already opened one successfully and abandoned it halfway through profile creation back in 2020, Ha! Osanobua! shocked

Finished editing it & changed the skillset. Played around & sent a proposal. I'll start looking for similar profiles in my niche tomorrow & pattern my profile to look more professional.

Was bored & went out for some fun, everywhere just empty. Kai! It's a small town though, lag no fit be like this laye, Police hold me for bike sef, Should have worn my normal rough clothes. I need to invent a new profession with a cooked up story to match. Olopa no dey use ear hear remote/online/virtual. You look fresh, you're a yahoo boy.

Started learning-client first, back to polishing my webflow design skills.

The Upwork gigs look promising

1 Like

Re: 2022 Experiment 1: Becoming A Product Designer by SKhanmi: 1:29pm On Dec 09, 2022
One of 10 revised landing pages already designed in figma. Checking if it meets WCAG requirements before developing with webflow.
Original website looks like this www.teveral.com

Re: 2022 Experiment 1: Becoming A Product Designer by SKhanmi: 10:53pm On Dec 15, 2022
Webflow temporary link: https://bs-test-site.webflow.io

Completed figma designs and finished designs across all breakpoints

Videos:
Breakpoints - https://vimeo.com/782160081/a572ce04c7
Desktop main view - https://vimeo.com/782159439/d3687a35ba

Re: 2022 Experiment 1: Becoming A Product Designer by FRANCISTOWN: 3:44am On Jan 13, 2023
lumcylolly:
If you have coding knowledge; please bring it to us through this WhatsApp group link:https:///FzAR3efLqH85I0w0NS49gT
Your contribution is so much needed
The link is broken
Re: 2022 Experiment 1: Becoming A Product Designer by socialmedia012: 10:57am On Mar 16, 2023
This is my first time i visit here. I found so many interesting stuff in your blog especially its discussion. From the tons of comments on your articles, I guess I am not the only one having all the enjoyment here keep up the good work clipping path service company
Re: 2022 Experiment 1: Becoming A Product Designer by socialmedia012: 11:09am On Mar 16, 2023
You make so many great points here that I read your article a couple of times. Your views are in accordance with my own for the most part. This is great content for your readers. clipping path service

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How To Become A Successful Programmer? / Programming Not Enough Anymore: Data Analysis, Ml And A.i Is The Future. / Code Lagos Out-of-school Program Batch-5 To Begin Class On Monday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.