Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,038 members, 7,825,287 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 10:51 AM

Uneasy Calm In APC Over Osinbajo’s Growing Support - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Uneasy Calm In APC Over Osinbajo’s Growing Support (21871 Views)

2023: Govs Take Charge As Uncertainty Hovers Over Osinbajo, Tinubu / Tinubu’s Associates Split Over Osinbajo’s Alleged Presidential Bid / Osinbajo Growing Campaign: Tinubu Camp Fumes Over Buhari’s Silence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uneasy Calm In APC Over Osinbajo’s Growing Support by LegacyB: 10:54am On Jan 09, 2022
TheRareGem1:
THAT says alot about him. Never for once have we had a situation whereby Nigerians would be calling on a VP to contest. PYO is the first.
Love u brother. Osinbajo or nothing. God please deliver us and hear our cry.
Re: Uneasy Calm In APC Over Osinbajo’s Growing Support by NamelessOGBENI(m): 11:00am On Jan 09, 2022
complexBoss12:

who is Nigerians?
Wahala
Re: Uneasy Calm In APC Over Osinbajo’s Growing Support by abdulikhina(m): 11:00am On Jan 09, 2022
To become a president is not through social media propaganda.
It takes hard work, long trategic plan and real money. So open your eyes and watch the space.
Re: Uneasy Calm In APC Over Osinbajo’s Growing Support by WOCKHARDI(m): 11:01am On Jan 09, 2022
Is he not the second in command of this administration that has made Nigeria the poverty capital of the world? If he has anything up his sleeves ( his JOKER ) why hasn't he played it all this while? He and his Oga have put in their best and should give others a chance to lead us aright.
Re: Uneasy Calm In APC Over Osinbajo’s Growing Support by Xfemt(m): 11:03am On Jan 09, 2022
The only reason I’ll vote for apc is because of osinbanjo
Other than that my votes go to pdp

1 Like

Re: Uneasy Calm In APC Over Osinbajo’s Growing Support by AdedoyinO(f): 11:06am On Jan 09, 2022
Follygunners:
I fear for Osinbajo's life... I really do! I can foresee several attempts on taking his life. Bola Ige was even the Attorney General of Nigeria when he was murdered and till this very day, the killers remain 'unknown'. undecided

He's trudging into 'enemies' territory... the powers that empowered him, he needs to be very careful indeed. undecided

Whenever this actualizes, you'll always remember I said it.

Tinubu is a ferocious human, a blood-thirsty murderer, a desperate power hugger! That's how desperate power huggers are. angry

Funsho Williams murder wasn't such a rocket science to solve if not for our society. undecided

Osinbajo should watch out! embarassed

God forbids at the bolded.

No weapon formed against him shall prosper. All his enemies will be caught in their own vices in Jesus name.
Re: Uneasy Calm In APC Over Osinbajo’s Growing Support by JoshTim: 11:08am On Jan 09, 2022
Toks2008:

Unfortunately politics is not on social media.

The amended electoral bill will be passed and if direct primaries is removed then forget it... Tinubu will most likely be the APC flag bearer.

Only a direct primary can give us an Osinbajo ticket.

It's time we start voting personalities. Nigeria does not operate a two party system. Must APC and PDP be the only one ruling. We are where we are today thanks to PDP and APC.
Re: Uneasy Calm In APC Over Osinbajo’s Growing Support by rosechika1994: 11:09am On Jan 09, 2022
It will be foolish for Nigerians to think osinbajo a better leader, someone who is in a government that has brought shame, hunger and scarce to the country with him on a head position, osinbajo can not do better.

1 Like

Re: Uneasy Calm In APC Over Osinbajo’s Growing Support by NobleRace: 11:15am On Jan 09, 2022
UTILITYMAY:

How is this possible?
Southern-Southern Ticket
Christian-Christian Ticket

You're right.

1 Like

Re: Uneasy Calm In APC Over Osinbajo’s Growing Support by Nobody: 11:25am On Jan 09, 2022
Toks2008:

I totally agree with you but is he not the best of all the bad options we have?

you are right
Re: Uneasy Calm In APC Over Osinbajo’s Growing Support by Amah70: 11:38am On Jan 09, 2022
Injera:

3 pillars of tribe with the largest in population abi?? Who are first class Nigerians and the other tribes with fewer populations are lesser Nigerians.
This same tribal logic of population is what led to 5 percenters and the born to rule by north. After all, All that matters is what is the population of the tribe you're from. This is pseudo democracy

Pseudo democracy is truly what exists in Nigeria since the north used its soldiers to create a lopsided political structure of 36 states and Abuja with a whooping number of 19 states and Abuja in one Northern region, but only 17 states in the old two southern regions.
They authored the 1999 constitution to legalise the creation and an electoral system that says a presidential candidate must win 25% of votes in 24 states before proclaimed winner.

In this political structure, no Yoruba or Igbo or Igbanke or Efik, or any presidential candidate from the southern regions, can win presidential election, if north massively supports a northern presidential candidate. Through respect for zoning, a southerner can succeed President Buhari; but it's the turn of the Igbo to present a successor to President Buhari. It can only be possible if the SW joins its support for an Igbo presidential candidate now. With zoning principles in mind, Northerners are morally constrained to vote for the Igbo candidate.
Re: Uneasy Calm In APC Over Osinbajo’s Growing Support by Kdon2: 11:52am On Jan 09, 2022
TheRareGem1:

https://independent.ng/uneasy-calm-in-apc-over-osinbajos-growing-support/

Even the deaf knows osinbajo is the best choice Nigeria has among all the thieves struggling to grab presidency.
Re: Uneasy Calm In APC Over Osinbajo’s Growing Support by adelacuna(m): 12:03pm On Jan 09, 2022
TheRareGem1:
THAT says alot about him. Never for once have we had a situation whereby Nigerians would be calling on a VP to contest. PYO is the first.
I Thought Atiku had the same experience
Re: Uneasy Calm In APC Over Osinbajo’s Growing Support by Bigfish121(m): 12:20pm On Jan 09, 2022
Osinbajo is the best candidate gor the job.This might just be the first election I will vote if osinbajo is given the ticket.

2 Likes

Re: Uneasy Calm In APC Over Osinbajo’s Growing Support by Osibajo2023: 12:36pm On Jan 09, 2022
Hisbah21:
i dont want him,tinubu,Atiku,Tambuwal and their fellows. They are just recycling the leadership and they are all the same
osinbajo is the best, so get out
Re: Uneasy Calm In APC Over Osinbajo’s Growing Support by gannod(m): 12:39pm On Jan 09, 2022
tuoyoojo:
Nigeria does not have a true democracy

The kingmakers in Nigeria selects a few people they want and send us to the polls to choose from their choice

From the tentative choice available

Osibanjo remains the best for now

This is the only reason I would vote Apc

The party reflects the personality of the head

For me, let tinubu rest and pull strings from behind.

Seriously, He( Osibanjo) is the option the APC has for now. He is the only sane person in that party that can still swing votes in their favour. Anyway, time will tell.

2 Likes

Re: Uneasy Calm In APC Over Osinbajo’s Growing Support by Tozilly(m): 12:53pm On Jan 09, 2022
All these people shouting Osibanjo up and down, pls, is he not part and parcel of this current administration? What change has he made? And what is he going to do different? I need someone to enlighten me asap.
Re: Uneasy Calm In APC Over Osinbajo’s Growing Support by Osibajo2023: 12:55pm On Jan 09, 2022
adecz:

Osinbajo is just wasting his time.

⏩He lacks a political structure❗️❗️
APC structure is ok.
Re: Uneasy Calm In APC Over Osinbajo’s Growing Support by Reference(m): 12:56pm On Jan 09, 2022
Here we go, yet again.
Even those on this forum you thought had some intellect are all over the place yapping like excited school kids.
Still chasing individuals and dropping names as if it is what matters.
Little learnt from history, little felt from the present realities.
So we have gone through election after election and government after government yet the regression continues.

Can we all stop for a moment to consider what democracy is all about as a first step.
Re: Uneasy Calm In APC Over Osinbajo’s Growing Support by Nobody: 1:18pm On Jan 09, 2022
TheRareGem1:
Propaganda, no one is advocating for the puppet and mere Commissioner.
Re: Uneasy Calm In APC Over Osinbajo’s Growing Support by muheeb01(m): 1:29pm On Jan 09, 2022
Campaigning stylishly....all na propaganda,may the best candidate win
Re: Uneasy Calm In APC Over Osinbajo’s Growing Support by bjtinz: 1:29pm On Jan 09, 2022
I think his biggest attraction is his business sense and levelheadedness. That is what Nigeria needs right now.

I remember how during the absence of his principal, he went to SE, calming nerves and calling for restraint, only for Oga PMB to return and threatening fire and brimstone.

PYO's growing popularity particularly among the intelligentsia, business community, common man is without doubt. If only can get enough political heavyweights behind him, then his election, as far as I'm concerned is a done deal.

I'm for Yemi Osinbajo for president! cool

2 Likes

Re: Uneasy Calm In APC Over Osinbajo’s Growing Support by JaroMan: 1:30pm On Jan 09, 2022
One thing Yorubas are very good at is Media. The know how to use media to sustain a mirage until it becomes a pool of water.
How can one cry about Buhari govt and yearn for Osibanjo? Is there any difference between 6 and half a dozen?
How can people detest Tinubu and still want Osibanjo? Are they not same?
And where is the growing popularity if not the one sustained by media?
Like I always say; wait until APC convention to know the scores

2 Likes

Re: Uneasy Calm In APC Over Osinbajo’s Growing Support by Afobaba33(m): 1:31pm On Jan 09, 2022
I will forever vote prof Yemi Oshibajo at any party
If he declares is interest
Re: Uneasy Calm In APC Over Osinbajo’s Growing Support by troy07: 1:45pm On Jan 09, 2022
Can Prof. Osinbajo win Home owner association chairman in his grassroot community of VGC?
Re: Uneasy Calm In APC Over Osinbajo’s Growing Support by cliffypatt(m): 1:46pm On Jan 09, 2022
spinna:
wink Why not? I have always said this man is the only sensible appearing Politician on a den of rogues... Slap Sanusi as his VP and Nigeria go ...transform ( i no wan use that C word again)

Change? Lol
Re: Uneasy Calm In APC Over Osinbajo’s Growing Support by adecz: 2:00pm On Jan 09, 2022
Osibajo2023:
APC structure is ok.

In politics, charity begins at home &
his constituency is the southwest
& who controls SW APC?

You don't just appear on the national
APC stage With starting from your
region.� ⭕️
Re: Uneasy Calm In APC Over Osinbajo’s Growing Support by Osibajo2023: 2:03pm On Jan 09, 2022
adecz:

In politics, charity begins at home &
his constituency is the southwest
& who controls SW APC?

You don't just appear on the national
APC stage With starting from your
region.� ⭕️
I mean if he can emerge as APC flag bearer
Re: Uneasy Calm In APC Over Osinbajo’s Growing Support by Nobody: 2:07pm On Jan 09, 2022
Asgard63:
With all this noise about Osibanjo .. endorsement, hype, media propaganda , social media hype..

Osibanjo no go even get ticket .. talkmore of Tinubu..

E sure die!

But money must be made from politicians .. it comes only every four years .. and with the hunger and famine in Apc Nigeria

Anybody will hype anything for the cash..

Yoruba should be calming down.. 2023 is out
Alex Reports and Maduka loading, man's must chop.

Let synchopants chop Osibanjo and Tinubu's money

Re: Uneasy Calm In APC Over Osinbajo’s Growing Support by Offpointng: 2:47pm On Jan 09, 2022
Victorclean1:
Osinbajo , do you share traders money freely without sectionalism and corruption?. Answer in your heart.

Did you ever condemned openly the Fulani herdsmen killing of innocent people like Oyedepo etc?.

If the answer is no in your heart, hypocrisy is not far from you and blood of innocent citizens will cry for vengeance for keeping quiet. If yes, then go with the lord

Offpoint....just shut up
Re: Uneasy Calm In APC Over Osinbajo’s Growing Support by Nobody: 2:50pm On Jan 09, 2022
Alwaysachick:
Lies! Who are his supporters? Most redundant vp ever.
Fake news.
Re: Uneasy Calm In APC Over Osinbajo’s Growing Support by Victorclean1: 3:35pm On Jan 09, 2022
Offpointng:

Offpoint....just shut up

Chai, I press another mumu button. Off point I accept it, but stop wailing

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Wike V PDP: Court To Deliver Judgement On May 31, 2023 / Okorocha Advocates One Senator Per State To Cut Cost Of Governance / APC Governors Back Ajimobi-Led NWC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.