Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,521 members, 7,836,987 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:26 PM

Ailing Jehovah's Witness Member Dies After Rejecting Money From Catholic Members - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Ailing Jehovah's Witness Member Dies After Rejecting Money From Catholic Members (45034 Views)

Video Of Happie Boys Apologizing To OPM Pastor While Rejecting His Latest Offer. / Patrick Henry Edet To Wed After Resignation From Catholic Priesthood / Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ailing Jehovah's Witness Member Dies After Rejecting Money From Catholic Members by Kobojunkie: 11:50am On Jan 12, 2022
mastermaestro:
JW is an American church! I am not here to discuss similarities of churches. sad
It is a church like every other church out there, whether American or not. undecided
Re: Ailing Jehovah's Witness Member Dies After Rejecting Money From Catholic Members by chatinent: 11:50am On Jan 12, 2022
Tony5050:
You no go see chatinent for this post o..... cry cry

I commented.
Re: Ailing Jehovah's Witness Member Dies After Rejecting Money From Catholic Members by goslowgoslow(m): 11:50am On Jan 12, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Stop lying! undecided
Bounce!
Re: Ailing Jehovah's Witness Member Dies After Rejecting Money From Catholic Members by miketyler(m): 11:50am On Jan 12, 2022
Now there is a mix up here; accepting money to finance a medical bill isn’t prohibited as it is a personal decision. Except she refused to receive blood if it’s money to finance hospital bill I don’t think this story is right.
If she needed financial aid for her hospital bill contributions would have been made within the organization to finance that.

So I’m confused here and don’t think this story is right

2 Likes

Re: Ailing Jehovah's Witness Member Dies After Rejecting Money From Catholic Members by Kobojunkie: 11:51am On Jan 12, 2022
Mrkumareze:
That's her faith.. same way Muslims and other Christians stick to their faith..
How exactly will she find happiness and where? undecided

Dying for what you believe is the best, how? undecided
Re: Ailing Jehovah's Witness Member Dies After Rejecting Money From Catholic Members by goslowgoslow(m): 11:52am On Jan 12, 2022
Kobojunkie:
I can't comprehend the lie you attempted there? Light dey on up there at all? undecided
Go school to learn you refused! How will you comprehend. Have a nice day!
Re: Ailing Jehovah's Witness Member Dies After Rejecting Money From Catholic Members by Tony5050(m): 11:52am On Jan 12, 2022
Vinnie2000:

For Where?
He would Dodge this Thread, of course sad

JW's would Claim dat Man's Government has Failed and Man cannot rule himself well..
BUT
You will see Many of dem working in NNPC, Customs, CBN and other Lucrative Govt Parastatals.. undecided

Very Hypocritical, Terrible Lots! sad

These set of religious fanatics needs deliverance. I pretty wonder how they imbibe such indoctrination to their gullible members,
that makes them so strict to the core without a love for humanity or even a love for themselves in distress times...

Humanity for them, is restricted to their doctrinal order only.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ailing Jehovah's Witness Member Dies After Rejecting Money From Catholic Members by mastermaestro(m): 11:53am On Jan 12, 2022
Kobojunkie:
It is a church like every other church out there, whether American or not. undecided

I meant cult, not church. Autocorrect must be sick this morning. angry

1 Like

Re: Ailing Jehovah's Witness Member Dies After Rejecting Money From Catholic Members by Kobojunkie: 11:53am On Jan 12, 2022
goslowgoslow:

Go school to learn you refused! How will you comprehend. Have a nice day!
Stop lying! undecided

2 Likes

Re: Ailing Jehovah's Witness Member Dies After Rejecting Money From Catholic Members by Modupetemmy1(f): 11:55am On Jan 12, 2022
When i was in school my roommate told me that her mum died during delivery because she rejected blood transfusion while she's bleeding and her pvc is low
She was saying it with joy ooo, so I asked her if she can do same and she said yes of course.
She claimed their doctrine is against them eating blood so I asked her if blood transfusion is same as eating blood. I asked her if their members are not medical doctors and don't they carry out surgeries on their patients but her response weak me abeg

6 Likes

Re: Ailing Jehovah's Witness Member Dies After Rejecting Money From Catholic Members by Etuagievin(m): 11:56am On Jan 12, 2022
Wrong news spread . And many don't care to verify facts. She's at liberty to either choose or reject such donation. Jehovah's witnesses do not hold such doctrine. Therefore, Its wrong to ascribe her death to jws doctrine.
Re: Ailing Jehovah's Witness Member Dies After Rejecting Money From Catholic Members by Tony5050(m): 11:57am On Jan 12, 2022
chatinent:

I commented.

Okay if you did, but that would be after I made my comment.

Truth be told, some religious doctrines leaves you in awe, when you see how strict to the core they can be in distress moments when a life is at stake. cry cry

Ignorance is a disease

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ailing Jehovah's Witness Member Dies After Rejecting Money From Catholic Members by goslowgoslow(m): 11:58am On Jan 12, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Stop lying! undecided
Lol....he pain am

Re: Ailing Jehovah's Witness Member Dies After Rejecting Money From Catholic Members by Deadlytruth(m): 12:00pm On Jan 12, 2022
Soso990240:
Religion ( Both Christianity and Islam ) is part of the reasons we are where we are today. Extremists everywhere... tueehh

JW is not same as Christianity.

3 Likes

Re: Ailing Jehovah's Witness Member Dies After Rejecting Money From Catholic Members by Kobojunkie: 12:04pm On Jan 12, 2022
goslowgoslow:

Lol....he pain am
lipsrsealed this one na slowpoke? undecided

1 Like

Re: Ailing Jehovah's Witness Member Dies After Rejecting Money From Catholic Members by Thecreatorx: 12:05pm On Jan 12, 2022
Righteousness2 who is Jw won’t comment grin
Re: Ailing Jehovah's Witness Member Dies After Rejecting Money From Catholic Members by Ihavethingstodo: 12:07pm On Jan 12, 2022
I thought it's only blood JW people don't accept, I don't know of personal donations!!!

There's more to this story abeg!
Re: Ailing Jehovah's Witness Member Dies After Rejecting Money From Catholic Members by Kobojunkie: 12:07pm On Jan 12, 2022
Deadlytruth:
JW is not same as Christianity.
It is! And it isn't much different from the other churches of men out there, only that it is also a cult. undecided
Re: Ailing Jehovah's Witness Member Dies After Rejecting Money From Catholic Members by oceania100(m): 12:07pm On Jan 12, 2022
I really sympathize with her family for this death. While the details and circumstances surrounding her illness and eventual death is is not clear, however, criticizing her believe and religion based on what the OP put out here is not fair. As much as I know, accepting gifts/donation from individuals and organisations is a personal decision and have nothing to do with JW"s teaching.

However, if truly she rejected a donation as this report alleged, was a condition attached to it? Is there even a proof of such alleged donation or was this brought in just to create sensation. Please let us learn to criticize wisely.

4 Likes

Re: Ailing Jehovah's Witness Member Dies After Rejecting Money From Catholic Members by Kobojunkie: 12:08pm On Jan 12, 2022
miketyler:
Now there is a mix up here; accepting money to finance a medical bill isn’t prohibited as it is a personal decision. Except she refused to receive blood if it’s money to finance hospital bill I don’t think this story is right.
If she needed financial aid for her hospital bill contributions would have been made within the organization to finance that.

So I’m confused here and don’t think this story is right
Accepting money from the organization labeled the great Satan, is what? Kosher? undecided
Re: Ailing Jehovah's Witness Member Dies After Rejecting Money From Catholic Members by ejimatic: 12:09pm On Jan 12, 2022
post=109279547:
A chef who was a member of Jehovah's Witness has died allegedly after refusing financial aid from a Catholic Church, Reports.

From The Information Gathered By , Ogechukwu Ochiaga had been ill for a while and her story was shared online last year as people begged for donations to help sponsor her medical treatment.

One of those who shared her story is a Facebook user known as Bro Can Mbanefo and he begged people to donate any amount they have.

He returned to Facebook today, Jan 11, to reveal that Ogechukwu died yesterday.

While announcing her death, he called out Jehovah's Witness and blamed their doctrine for her death.

He claimed that a Catholic Church in Italy found out about her case and reached out to pay for her surgery. However she allegedly refused to take the money from the Catholic Church as her Church doctrine forbids it.

Mbanefo added that she said she was only willing to accept the money if it comes from a personal account, not from the church.

The money was then donated by the church to other sick people.

Friends have taken to Facebook to mourn Ogechukwu.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=4909874832391867&id=100001081974124
. This is a fabricated report aimed at maliging the good image of Jehovah's witnesses . Jehovah's s witnesses never tell their members to reject assistance from non members. A rich man was admitted at OAUTH.He was a Jehovah's witness.The family shared what they had with those on admission in the ward. During COVID-19 Jehovah witnesses in my Estate shared bags of rice with people and received gifts from people too .It is good to avoid colouring report in order to make it emotional and sentimental...May God comfort the family of the deceased!

7 Likes

Re: Ailing Jehovah's Witness Member Dies After Rejecting Money From Catholic Members by goslowgoslow(m): 12:10pm On Jan 12, 2022
Kobojunkie:
lipsrsealed this one na slowpoke? undecided
This na imb.ecile!
Re: Ailing Jehovah's Witness Member Dies After Rejecting Money From Catholic Members by Jaqenhghar: 12:11pm On Jan 12, 2022
madridguy:
Verse 6. My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, ... "Lack of knowledge": "of God" (Hosea 4:1), that is, lack of piety.
Re: Ailing Jehovah's Witness Member Dies After Rejecting Money From Catholic Members by Kobojunkie: 12:12pm On Jan 12, 2022
Modupetemmy1:
When i was in school my roommate told me that her mum died during delivery because she rejected blood transfusion while she's bleeding and her pvc is low
She was saying it with joy ooo, so I asked her if she can do same and she said yes of course.
She claimed their doctrine is against them eating blood so I asked her if blood transfusion is same as eating blood. I asked her if their members are not medical doctors and don't they carry out surgeries on their patients but her response weak me abeg
The law against the eating of blood is of the Old Covenant and not the New Covenant. In the New Covenant, Jesus Christ made it known that it is not what you eat that defiles you....and this new law is over 2000 years old. undecided

So you can see how these people die happily in their ignorance, all because they chose to blindly submit their very souls to the lies of men instead of the Truth of God Himself, Jesus Christ. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Ailing Jehovah's Witness Member Dies After Rejecting Money From Catholic Members by Loisemm2(f): 12:14pm On Jan 12, 2022
Dshocker:
Jehovah witness members can't take blood transfusion...But i tell you ,if the head pastor needs one,he will definitely be getting it
You can say that again. And he will be getting it abroad or in the best hospital. Members of churches should be careful and use their God-given wisdom. Check what your pastor tells you using the Bible and Wisdom. Don't swallow everything hook, line, and sinker.
The one that pains me most is allowing their innocent children to die all in the name of following religious man-made doctrines!

1 Like

Re: Ailing Jehovah's Witness Member Dies After Rejecting Money From Catholic Members by Deadlytruth(m): 12:15pm On Jan 12, 2022
Kobojunkie:
It is! And it isn't much different from the other churches of men out there, only that it is also a cult. undecided

Have you ever heard a member of Catholic, Anglican, Methodist, Redeemed, Winners, etc declined an offer for financial help especially concerning a terminal illness just because the help is coming from a different denomination from his? Even Jesus accepted food and perfume from a Samaritan prostitute. He ate with tax collectors and a lot of folks who didn't share his message. Christianity never teaches hate and whoever hates to the point of not minding to die is not a Christian even if he or she labels himself or herself as one.

Only cults don't accept help or render help to people except they join their group.

5 Likes

Re: Ailing Jehovah's Witness Member Dies After Rejecting Money From Catholic Members by Kobojunkie: 12:18pm On Jan 12, 2022
Deadlytruth:
Have you ever heard a member of Catholic, Anglican, Methodist, Redeemed, Winners, etc declined an offer for financial help especially concerning a terminal illness just because the help is coming from a different denomination from his? Even Jesus accepted food and perfume from a Samaritan prostitute. He ate with tax collectors and a lot of folks who didn't share his message. Christianity never teaches hate and whoever hates to the point of not minding to die is not a Christian even if he or she labels himself or herself as one.

Only cults don't accept help or render help to people except they join their group.
All of your churches are built on the doctrines and traditions of men, lies which Jesus Christ warned His followers to avoid by all means, so they are much like the JW church except the JW church is operated much like a cult. undecided
Re: Ailing Jehovah's Witness Member Dies After Rejecting Money From Catholic Members by SweetDipBenny(m): 12:22pm On Jan 12, 2022
Smh sad
Re: Ailing Jehovah's Witness Member Dies After Rejecting Money From Catholic Members by chatinent: 12:27pm On Jan 12, 2022
Tony5050:

Okay if you did, but that would be after I made my comment.

Truth be told, some religious doctrines leaves you in awe, when you see how strict to the core they can be in distress moments when a life is at stake. cry cry

Ignorance is a disease

It's not a JW sth. It's her own decision.
Re: Ailing Jehovah's Witness Member Dies After Rejecting Money From Catholic Members by unitysheart(m): 12:28pm On Jan 12, 2022
joyandfaith:

Misinformation. Accepting financial help from any individual or organisation is personal responsibility. It is not part of JW doctrine.
We don't have the details and social media sensation may not provide accurate picture.

On point.

Many of them commenting are like nuclear reactors. They hear what they are made to hear and begin to act like a nuclear reactor.

2 Likes

Re: Ailing Jehovah's Witness Member Dies After Rejecting Money From Catholic Members by unitysheart(m): 12:30pm On Jan 12, 2022
Dshocker:
Jehovah witness members can't take blood transfusion...But i tell you,if the head pastor needs one,he will definitely be getting it

You are saying balderdash. Must of you comment on what you know nothing of.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Nigerians Protest In UK Over DSS Attempt To Arrest Apostle Suleman(photos) / Dunamis Gospel Music Concert: Dogara, Sinach, Chioma Jesus, Nathaniel Bassey / Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.