Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,112 members, 7,814,900 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:39 PM

Must U Propose With An Engagement Ring? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Must U Propose With An Engagement Ring? (6250 Views)

Must A Guy Propose With A Ring? / He propose with a car after my Refusal To Accept A Friend Car Gift[Photo] / Must U Show That Nyash? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Must U Propose With An Engagement Ring? by MrD2: 5:11pm On Jun 18, 2011
Nairalanders, does a guy really need to present an engagement ring to make a marriage proposal to his lady?

To the ladies, how would you see it if your guy proposes without a ring?

, Sincere responses pls. Thanks
Re: Must U Propose With An Engagement Ring? by upendo98(f): 8:12pm On Jun 18, 2011
good question.

I guess it will depend on wht school of thought you both subscribe to after all the tradition of giving a ring for marriage engagement originated from Judaism that was originally a golden nose ring.
There are traditional ways,religious ways and the modern. Soo,it up to both of you.
Some are okay without any.After all it's not 'the' key to a happy fulfilled marriage.
Re: Must U Propose With An Engagement Ring? by Goldieluks: 8:18pm On Jun 18, 2011
How can one propose without a ring?
How do you want other eligible men to stay away from your fiancée?
The idea of the ring it to reduce the risk of others intruding into your relationship,
which might not always be the case,but that was why i said ''reduce''
meaning it doesn't normally stop other guys from wooing your fiancée,but it
goes to show that she's taken.
So,proposing with a ring is a good idea,and proposing without,well i don't know about that.
Re: Must U Propose With An Engagement Ring? by 190: 8:20pm On Jun 18, 2011
^Goldielucks

I have brazillian WIG at home, can i propose to you with that angry angry
Re: Must U Propose With An Engagement Ring? by BABE3: 8:21pm On Jun 18, 2011
Nah--- Shoes are fine by me--- Go on one knee holding the shoe, ask the question, I say Yes, Slip the shoe on my cute lil' foot. Done!  smiley

I can always buy one random ring to put on my finger myself to tell them guyz to back off---no big deal--

Re: Must U Propose With An Engagement Ring? by Goldieluks: 8:22pm On Jun 18, 2011
no thanks,i've got real hair,^^@190
cheers!
Re: Must U Propose With An Engagement Ring? by 190: 8:23pm On Jun 18, 2011
Goldieluks:

no thanks,i've got real hair,^^@190
cheers!

undecided undecided
Re: Must U Propose With An Engagement Ring? by mashnino(m): 8:26pm On Jun 18, 2011
guy it depends on ya gal
Re: Must U Propose With An Engagement Ring? by md4real(m): 9:09pm On Jun 18, 2011
Bros, you no get money for ring, even N150 own?
Re: Must U Propose With An Engagement Ring? by MissyB3(f): 10:02pm On Jun 18, 2011
It isn't compulsory save in my case.
Re: Must U Propose With An Engagement Ring? by busygirl(f): 10:07pm On Jun 18, 2011
I like the idea of using a pair of shoes cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy Louboutins anytime baby!
Re: Must U Propose With An Engagement Ring? by busygirl(f): 10:34pm On Jun 18, 2011
Buy my these shoes and I wouldn't have to think twice about saying yes wink

Re: Must U Propose With An Engagement Ring? by BABE3: 10:38pm On Jun 18, 2011
^^ Sexy shoes--- wink You're a shoe lover right?
Re: Must U Propose With An Engagement Ring? by busygirl(f): 10:46pm On Jun 18, 2011
Oh yes I am cheesy cheesy I'm pretty close to opening a boutique with my collections grin. Don't you just love being a woman cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Must U Propose With An Engagement Ring? by upendo98(f): 10:51pm On Jun 18, 2011
C ??  depends on ur gal  grin
I know a place where a lion head is the ultimate thing.
You go bck to the village hunt for the lion and bring its head dripping fresh blood and present it to the gal. She automatically says yes.
no man will dare mess with u and no woman will accept u without head.
If ur in town,a cat (small lion) may do.
whatever
Re: Must U Propose With An Engagement Ring? by BABE3: 10:53pm On Jun 18, 2011
Busy girl I found you!!!!   cheesy cheesy --- mY lost twin---- I think someone cursed me with this shoe thingy---it's getting really bad---my friends and family are getting worried about me----lol---I name my shoes (It's that bad)-- But it's all good--- I love my LVs!  wink

This gorgeous pair below is my next target--- I'm gonna call it "London" grin

Re: Must U Propose With An Engagement Ring? by 190: 11:08pm On Jun 18, 2011
[size=18pt]This is a thread or a SHOE INDUSTRY angry angry[/size]
Re: Must U Propose With An Engagement Ring? by toyemz(f): 11:11pm On Jun 18, 2011
^^^^

shebi you asked a question
dont get frustrated now
look and learn cheesy cheesy
Re: Must U Propose With An Engagement Ring? by 190: 11:14pm On Jun 18, 2011
^Look and learn wetin - how to wear shoe cos thats what they are discussing here angry angry
Re: Must U Propose With An Engagement Ring? by upendo98(f): 11:15pm On Jun 18, 2011
grin grin grin grin grin
I LOVE THIS FORUM!!
Oh God y'all funny.
Re: Must U Propose With An Engagement Ring? by busygirl(f): 11:16pm On Jun 18, 2011
@Babe bless you! Those shoes are gorgeous.  As a matter of fact, I avoid going out lately, too many temptations around plus it's sale season. Back to the topic, I hope my future husband is somewhere around, looking and taking notes.
Re: Must U Propose With An Engagement Ring? by Mynd44: 11:19pm On Jun 18, 2011
BABE!:

Busy girl I found you!!!!   cheesy cheesy --- mY lost twin---- I think someone cursed me with this shoe thingy---it's getting really bad---my friends and family are getting worried about me----lol---I name my shoes (It's that bad)-- But it's all good--- I love my LVs!  wink

This gorgeous pair below is my next target--- I'm gonna call it "London" grin

DELIVERANCE NEEDED!!!!!!
Re: Must U Propose With An Engagement Ring? by BABE3: 11:20pm On Jun 18, 2011
@ 190 tongue tongue

@BusyGirl Ditto. wink

@ Mynd_44 ---------
Re: Must U Propose With An Engagement Ring? by toyemz(f): 11:24pm On Jun 18, 2011
@190

Look and learn wetin - how to wear shoe cos thats what they are discussing here

and i thot you were smarter than that
you dont want to give proposal ring abi?
babes are letting you know the new in thing would be shoes and the kinds
and you are not learning?
abeg wake up and shine ya eyes oh
Re: Must U Propose With An Engagement Ring? by BABE3: 11:29pm On Jun 18, 2011
^^ ha! Some people don't shoes like that o---

If your girlfriend is not a Shoe Freak--pls abeg just play it safe and buy a ring--- Don't get all creative, coz she may end up whacking your head with that shoe (out of anger)---proposal don turn to something else be that---
Re: Must U Propose With An Engagement Ring? by toyemz(f): 11:37pm On Jun 18, 2011
@babe
thanks but dont spoil show now

abeg shey 190 is questioning the traditiona ring proposal?
so let other ideas be thought up for him

i cant laugh at the thot of that his coconut head being broken with shoe heel as he proposes
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Must U Propose With An Engagement Ring? by 190: 11:38pm On Jun 18, 2011
Actually

I have plans to propose to a girl with a packet of Condom ( Rough rider ) and a ring to who ever girl i end up marrying

rite on the top of the Eiffel Tower paris france

I would go on my knee - place the ring on my right hand and the packet of condom on my left hand

Ask her - O'baby "Will you marry me?" - of course shes gonna give me a yes

and from there straight home - the bedroom to use the condom

on 2nd thought there might be no need for the condom since shes agreed we might as well start skin diving  shocked shocked
Re: Must U Propose With An Engagement Ring? by Mynd44: 11:42pm On Jun 18, 2011
How about PROPOSING with DIVORCE PAPPERS
Re: Must U Propose With An Engagement Ring? by busygirl(f): 11:49pm On Jun 18, 2011
190:

Actually

I have plans to propose to a girl with a packet of Condom ( Rough rider ) and a ring to who ever girl i end up marrying

rite on the top of the Eiffel Tower paris france

I would go on my knee - place the ring on my right hand and the packet of condom on my left hand

Ask her - O'baby "Will you marry me?" - of course shes gonna give me a yes

and from there straight home - the bedroom to use the condom

on 2nd thought there might be no need for the condom since shes agreed we might as well start skin diving  shocked shocked

SMH. Infact you need whacking on the head with one of those shoes above. And actually, the thought of me doing the whacking cracks me up wink
Re: Must U Propose With An Engagement Ring? by 190: 12:05am On Jun 19, 2011
angry angry
Re: Must U Propose With An Engagement Ring? by MrD2: 6:18am On Jun 19, 2011
What if you ask her "WILL U MARRY ME" with a ring, and she says "LET ME THINK ABOUT IT", e go dey embarrassing oh! D "drama" no go dey sweet atall.

Goldieluks:

How can one propose without a ring?
How do you want other eligible men to stay away from your fiancée?
The idea of the ring it to reduce the risk of others intruding into your relationship,
which might not always be the case,but that was why i said ''reduce''
meaning it doesn't normally stop other guys from wooing your fiancée,but it
goes to show that she's taken.
So,proposing with a ring is a good idea,and proposing without,well i don't know about that.

In as much as I agree that seeing an engagement ring in a girls finger scares aware intruders, remember that most ladies prefer not to display their engagement rings. They leave it at home or in their bags, only to wear it when they are meeting with the bobo wey giv am to them.
Re: Must U Propose With An Engagement Ring? by savenaija: 7:07am On Jun 19, 2011
people,this is serious,but for me i am already planning to engage my girl next month,but my problem is i called for a gold engagement ring and i was told it is for 25k which i think is too much, my question now is; where can i go and buy gold engagement ring for like 13k,because i know those that told me 25k are big shops because i saw their advert on vconnect so i called them, help pls, i am in Lagos,someone told me to go to trade fair,i went there and they directed me to V.I but i dont know the main market in V.I, is it mandalas or balogun.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Talk Some Sense Into My Head.... This Guy Is No Good For Me / Collection Of Funny Quotes Falsely Attributed To Robert Mugabe / I Got Reconnected With My Ex, Now This Is Happening.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.