Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,134 members, 7,818,421 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:02 PM

RENO - Why Does Music Of Yoruba Origin Breakthrough Globally ? - Music/Radio (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / RENO - Why Does Music Of Yoruba Origin Breakthrough Globally ? (47396 Views)

Nigerian Reggae Music Of The 1980s And 1990s / Music Of Yoruba Origin Should Be Studied As A Course In Nigeria-Reno Omokri / Does Music Taste Define Your Relationship Or Societal Status? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: RENO - Why Does Music Of Yoruba Origin Breakthrough Globally ? by oyatz(m): 7:34pm On Jan 13, 2022
Armaggedon:
Yorubas are good in music and Yorubas are best in music are two afferent statements. I'll wait until he makes the second statement which obviously he is afraid of making.

Phyno flavour and a lot of Rapper use more Igbo than English and are quite popular outside Nigeria.

Not to mention that Gospel music uses more Igbo and has even grown to be more influential outside Nigeria than secular one

Individual artistes and not tribe can be rated to be the best in a particular genre of music in a particular year.
Re: RENO - Why Does Music Of Yoruba Origin Breakthrough Globally ? by oyatz(m): 7:36pm On Jan 13, 2022
true2god:
PSQURE, J-MARTINS, TIMAYA, Burna Boy etc are all Yorubas.

But they all waxed songs in Yoruba.

Burna Boy is 50% Yoruba.

2 Likes

Re: RENO - Why Does Music Of Yoruba Origin Breakthrough Globally ? by oyatz(m): 7:43pm On Jan 13, 2022
Ykc2:
You see people like reno or ffk? following this people on your own peril,do you know in the whole Africa people know nigerian kings as igwe?if you tell me any music in nigeria that they don't add igbo or yoruba then I will tell you that music is not making waves,ayinde marshal music stop only in yoruba land ,even in the 80s reno was talking about onyeka onwenu was there nelly uchendu was there ,oby onyioha was there,reno needs traffic on twitter today

There are musicians in all parts of Nigeria but Nigerian music that receive International attention most are those that were sang in Yoruba language, even non-Yoruba musicians sometimes sing in Yoruba or collaborate with Yoruba musicians for wider acceptability e.g Tuface, P-Square, Sunny Okosun, Phyno etc

3 Likes

Re: RENO - Why Does Music Of Yoruba Origin Breakthrough Globally ? by musicwriter(m): 8:21pm On Jan 13, 2022
Donmobi:
Okay, a quick one

Gnosticism was infact a regional cult group that early Christians
pioneers dreaded with caution.....you could read the book of John(not the gospel one)the apostle was deeply concerned with the ever so growing spread of their teachings...and here is a reason

Gnostics were now a growing cult of mysticism which adapted christian ideas and built on it appeasing theological aspects..
Their teachings were so attractive even though they only twisted Christianity to favour their cause...they had several contrasting beliefs like....

Denied Christ was God, saying the human body was intrinsically evil and God could not take form in it

Others said Christ was merely a phantom, a temporary appearance of God who looked human.

Others believe the soul was basically pure and couldn't be affected by mere human sins...this lead to cataclysmic hedonism from this group

Matter of fact Gnostics had different opinions on Christianity and from the stated above they were quite the confused pair..

You mentioned Paul as a controversial Christian apostle..
This basically is wrong as even Peter acknowledged the teachings of Paul in his own book(read the book of Peter)

Lastly you said gnostics were completely extinguished
But from your write up this only proves you are one of them wink

Indeed, you just said what the "original Christians" believed. The twisted version is actually the one you read today in your bible. That's the exact reason Bananas severed ties with Paul on their missionary journey. But your bible schools or church would never tell you that. He rejected Paul's teachings because he was one of the pioneer gnostics.
Re: RENO - Why Does Music Of Yoruba Origin Breakthrough Globally ? by Ykc2(m): 8:23pm On Jan 13, 2022
oyatz:

There are musicians in all parts of Nigeria but Nigerian music that receive International attention most are those that were sang in Yoruba language, even non-Yoruba musicians sometimes sing in Yoruba or collaborate with Yoruba musicians for wider acceptability e.g Tuface, P-Square, Sunny Okosun, Phyno etc
you see why you people are hypocrites?yoruba musicians sing in igbo e,g davido,ayinde marshal sang love nwantinti that song is from nelly uchendu, fire boy sang it too, female nigeria musician with highest viewed song is Johnny sang by yemi alade and it was in igbo and pidgin,ok let me say igbos are the best footballers in nigeria ,never in history of nigeria a yoruba person captained nigeria and we won any thing,Christian chukwu captained nigeria 1980 we won,1994 Stephen okechukwu keshi captained nigeria we won,3 african best footballers of the are are all igbos,Michael Jackson might ve won Grammy 5 times but his not better than Prince,I hate when flavour will sing a song when you check the song on YouTube you will see more than 60million viewd,then 9nice will sing one juju song with 500,000viewd people like reno will like to force him on we igbos,

1 Like

Re: RENO - Why Does Music Of Yoruba Origin Breakthrough Globally ? by forgiveness: 8:51pm On Jan 13, 2022
maestroferddi:
Landlord travel, see and learn.

To buy property in Aba now no be beans talk wetin you know.

All those traders are practically money bags...You will be haggling till someone adds 5 or 10 mil to the owner to upstage you.

You see Onitsha and Aba, acquiring real estate in these two places is not for penny pinchers.

Stop deceiving yourself.

https://www.propertypro.ng/property-for-sale/house/in/abia/aba?gclid=Cj0KCQiAuP-OBhDqARIsAD4XHpdieLZlAtadHuurFPL8n4iS9AnUByDVK3QhUpB85uDmmyF3lHl_mxYaAsXtEALw_wcB

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: RENO - Why Does Music Of Yoruba Origin Breakthrough Globally ? by forgiveness: 8:54pm On Jan 13, 2022
NetValueFX:

Mugu, go to Azikiwe road now and see construction going on. Poverty has made you not to know that someone can buy land with house and bring it down and build what he want.
Abeg shift. Cost of rent is not what determines how much people make! By the way, cost of rent in Azikiwe is not cheap either because is a commercial area. You are just an ignoramus.

Please go and price 4 storey building 35 million at any site in Aba and see if you will not come back with a broken head

So you were lying that an empty land in Azikwe road was 70m!? Bhuahahaha grin

When you know it’s for a 4 story building!? grin

Bloody liar. grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: RENO - Why Does Music Of Yoruba Origin Breakthrough Globally ? by oyatz(m): 9:16pm On Jan 13, 2022
Ykc2:
you see why you people are hypocrites?yoruba musicians sing in igbo e,g davido,ayinde marshal sang love nwantinti that song is from nelly uchendu, fire boy sang it too, female nigeria musician with highest viewed song is Johnny sang by yemi alade and it was in igbo and pidgin,ok let me say igbos are the best footballers in nigeria ,never in history of nigeria a yoruba person captained nigeria and we won any thing,Christian chukwu captained nigeria 1980 we won,1994 Stephen okechukwu keshi captained nigeria we won,3 african best footballers of the are are all igbos,Michael Jackson might ve won Grammy 5 times but his not better than Prince,I hate when flavour will sing a song when you check the song on YouTube you will see more than 60million viewd,then 9nice will sing one juju song with 500,000viewd people like reno will like to force him on we igbos,

You are giving answers to questions that were never asked.

The highest number of Nigerian musical hit songs that command International attention are sang in which language?

4 Likes

Re: RENO - Why Does Music Of Yoruba Origin Breakthrough Globally ? by brownlolly(m): 9:42pm On Jan 13, 2022
Point of correction please.

I K Dairo was born in Offa, Kwara State but he is a native of Ijebu Jesha in Osun State.

helinues:

But the first set of top musician artists from SW are not even from Lagos state.

Fela - Ogun state
King Sunny Ade- Ondo state
Obey - Ogun state
I.K Dairo - Osun state

1 Like

Re: RENO - Why Does Music Of Yoruba Origin Breakthrough Globally ? by Nobody: 9:46pm On Jan 13, 2022
forgiveness:

So you were lying that an empty land in Azikwe road was 70m!? Bhuahahaha grin

When you know it’s for a 4 story building!? grin

Bloody liar. grin

I can't remember putting empty land in my . statement! You argue like a confused person, the basis of our argument was whether civil service work paid more than business.
So whether is empty plot or not, it was bought with money and your highest paid judge can't afford it with legitimate income.
So and sleep! Pray for God to cure your from poverty mentality.
Re: RENO - Why Does Music Of Yoruba Origin Breakthrough Globally ? by Ykc2(m): 10:00pm On Jan 13, 2022
oyatz:

You are giving answers to questions that were never asked.

The highest number of Nigerian musical hit songs that command International attention are sang in which language?
tell me in which language then,nigetian music is in 3 languages igbo yoruba plus pidgin,or is odogwu from burna boy a yoruba word?
Re: RENO - Why Does Music Of Yoruba Origin Breakthrough Globally ? by forgiveness: 10:11pm On Jan 13, 2022
NetValueFX:

I can't remember putting empty land in my . statement! You argue like a confused person, the basis of our argument was whether civil service work paid more than business.
So whether is empty plot or not, it was bought with money and your highest paid judge can't afford it with legitimate income.
So and sleep! Pray for God to cure your from poverty mentality.

Stop lying next time my man. grin

A judge enjoys more benefits than a CD seller or those petty sellers you claimed to have more money.

Maybe because your judges in Abia State don’t receive salary doesn’t mean other responsible states don’t pay salaries.

NetValueFX:

50+20= 70million. It can't buy land in Azikiwe road. Those poor small small boys are buying it and building four storey which 70million can't complete on it.
you are definitely not into business so you nothing about money. People like you start dancing when you hear 20 million.
Even the seat of the president is not lucrative how much more that of a judge! Take away looting, and all politicians will be average in wealth!

Talk about power and connection, then you will be making sense, as more money, keep calm you nothing about that.

1 Like

Re: RENO - Why Does Music Of Yoruba Origin Breakthrough Globally ? by ShaqFu: 10:34pm On Jan 13, 2022
Hmmmm
Re: RENO - Why Does Music Of Yoruba Origin Breakthrough Globally ? by Nobody: 10:39pm On Jan 13, 2022
forgiveness:

Stop lying next time my man. grin

A judge enjoys more benefits than a CD seller or those petty sellers you claimed to have more money.

Maybe because your judges in Abia State don’t receive salary doesn’t mean other responsible states don’t pay salaries.

Lol ... Oga you be academic illiterate. Did you see empty in what you bolded? Guy seriously pray for deliverance from poverty in your life. I mean it. Who told it's only empty Land that is land?
If you know Aba very well like you claim, you should know someone bOught store at no1 pound road and brought it down.
Let me educate you a little. In the business of buying property, price is tied to the value of the land not the structure. This is because majority of people buying the land will destroy what is in it, they are not seeing any value with the structure there but rather the land on which the structure is built
Re: RENO - Why Does Music Of Yoruba Origin Breakthrough Globally ? by angelakey(m): 10:52pm On Jan 13, 2022
Donmobi:
Now it's common knowledge that Yoruba's ventured into nollywood before the igbos, but ever since the Igbo's have taken over and the rest is history...
There has been no much of a change in how it's been run then and in transition to now...
Yoruba's have good control of the media( so no surprises what you see online, that's how it has always been.insisted
Imagine I saw a blog listing the best
Nollywood producers and Genevieve Nnaji wasn't among! ( funny)
Nevertheless Igbo's have always dominated nollywood not coincidentally, but more precisely their ability to tell their own stories/write them so very well to attract a massive pack of viewers (Unarguably Igbo's have the best literature writers in Africa)
So there is no scare in Yorubas coming close to the Igbo's in this section until they learn how to write their own engrossing stories.(we all know the massive failure of media overhyped Chief daddy 2, niyi deployed a lot of Igbo actors to make most of a movie with a terrible storyline)
Just as Achebe said.
" Till lions learn to write their own stories, the tales of the hunt would always glorify the hunter."
In addition to very talented actors/actresses, this has even furthered their growth in this industry.
Yorubas control the media but even in certain aspects talent would surely stand out
Of the list of of engrossing movies, the biggest ever from Africa was Lionheart by Genevieve.
It was submitted for an Oscars!!!

Avoid this topic because there is no way you will win it

Better you stick with the thread's topic.
Lion Heart was a flop, just like Chief Daddy 2, you have said nothing all through your write up. Face the reality, you know the big players in Nollywood now. Thank you

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: RENO - Why Does Music Of Yoruba Origin Breakthrough Globally ? by forgiveness: 10:59pm On Jan 13, 2022
NetValueFX:

Lol ... Oga you be academic illiterate. Did you see empty in what you bolded? Guy seriously pray for deliverance from poverty in your life. I mean it. Who told it's only empty Land that is land?
If you know Aba very well like you claim, you should know someone bOught store at no1 pound road and brought it down.
Let me educate you a little. In the business of buying property, price is tied to the value of the land not the structure. This is because majority of people buying the land will destroy what is in it, they are not seeing any value with the structure there but rather the land on which the structure is built

Land inside Aba is between 6 - 10m. Totally different from price of 4 stories building.

Stop lying next time.! grin
Re: RENO - Why Does Music Of Yoruba Origin Breakthrough Globally ? by brio1408: 11:17pm On Jan 13, 2022
She had the big influence on Charly boy. Though, she is Late Sha
Divoc19:
I think so, she had this Yemi Alade style of music.
Re: RENO - Why Does Music Of Yoruba Origin Breakthrough Globally ? by Donmobi(m): 11:18pm On Jan 13, 2022
angelakey:
Lion Heart was a flop, just like Chief Daddy 2, you have said nothing all through your write up. Face the reality, you know the big players in Nollywood now. Thank you
BTW Lionheart is the type only Nigerian movie to be nominated for an Oscar
Yorubas are considerably doing well too
As I said before it has always been how it is now
Nollywood is majorly an Igbo thing.

At least till Yorubas get good story writers coupled with actors/actressses
Re: RENO - Why Does Music Of Yoruba Origin Breakthrough Globally ? by Donmobi(m): 11:21pm On Jan 13, 2022
musicwriter:

Indeed, you just said what the "original Christians" believed. The twisted version is actually the one you read today in your bible. That's the exact reason Bananas severed ties with Paul on their missionary journey. But your bible schools or church would never tell you that. He rejected Paul's teachings because he was one of the pioneer gnostics.
just a simple one.
You were given a bible, yet you refuse to believe it but choose to believe what a sect contradictorily says?
Re: RENO - Why Does Music Of Yoruba Origin Breakthrough Globally ? by angelakey(m): 11:38pm On Jan 13, 2022
Donmobi:
BTW Lionheart is the type only Nigerian movie to be nominated for an Oscar
Yorubas are considerably doing well too
As I said before it has always been how it is now
Nollywood is majorly an Igbo thing.

At least till Yorubas get good story writers coupled with actors/actressses
Whatever makes you sleep this night grin

Good night sir
Re: RENO - Why Does Music Of Yoruba Origin Breakthrough Globally ? by Donmobi(m): 11:44pm On Jan 13, 2022
angelakey:
Whatever makes you sleep this night grin

Good night sir
Good night wink grin grin
Re: RENO - Why Does Music Of Yoruba Origin Breakthrough Globally ? by BLoomfrancs(m): 12:20am On Jan 14, 2022
Wiifesnatcher:

I'm sorry I can't deal with your dumbness, how does my affirmative post that stated how igbo ladies are falling in line for Yoruba men an inferiority?

you seems to be a professional iidiot to me, get help on time

Don't be pained. Slimy ass Afonja. When does getting girls become something to be proud of? R etarded idiot. Can't really blame you for trying so hard to make your inferior self feel better.
Re: RENO - Why Does Music Of Yoruba Origin Breakthrough Globally ? by VEHINTOLAR: 12:58am On Jan 14, 2022
einsteine:

She has never claimed to be Yoruba and I wonder why you are so foolish as to respond with aggression. Who hurt you? Burna Boy's mother is from Owan in Edo state. They share boundary with Ondo state so a fair bit of them understand Yoruba but they are not Yoruba.

Now run along like the double digit IQ lowlife ethnic champion that you are

Who is this ape ? Did you just slither down some primitive caves ? She has never claimed to be Yoruba or identified with Yoruba people yet her name is BOSE and she named her son EBUNOLUWA (Burna Boy) ,right ? Ode,who hurts your father,abi no be so ? What is it with some of you senseless characters we often come across here on Nairaland ? Ori iya e o pe rara,fool !

Now,crawl back into whatever primitive cave you came out from and remain dumber than you're already there ! Owan ape like you !

Re: RENO - Why Does Music Of Yoruba Origin Breakthrough Globally ? by VEHINTOLAR: 1:03am On Jan 14, 2022
maestroferddi:
Can you explain what this "omoluabi" ignorant lots among you parrot about?

The mark of intelligence and wisdom is to consider your strength as well as that of your counterpart before indulging in hasty self-adulation....

You are an omuluabi as a Yorubaman, I am a nwafo as a thoroughbred Igboman...

Keep up your omoluabi status but don't forget that[b] I am a battle-tested nwafo[/b] with virtually nothing else to prove.

The quest for Igbo brides does not obey the laws of demand...Perfect inelasticity infact.

What is this OSU saying,please ? Descendant of Ijaw slaves like you,mumu ! Battle tested indeed,ewu !

Re: RENO - Why Does Music Of Yoruba Origin Breakthrough Globally ? by walefresh3(m): 2:51am On Jan 14, 2022
Ykc2:

Bros check that thing wey you write and adjust it...3 Africa best footballs are Igbo ? It is only 4 Nigerians that have won the prestigious award . The first Nigerian to ever won it his a Yoruba man ,Rashidi Yekini in 1993... follow by emamnuel anmuneke , Victor ikpeba and kanu nwankwo in 1999 ... Only 2 igbos out of 4...
Victor ikpeba is from Delta State.. born in Edo state... His father his from isoko Delta while mother is a Yoruba... He blend very well with his mother side...So pls stop writing out of your emotions....

What about the female African footballers from Nigeria soil ?
The present Richest female footballer in Africa and African best woman footballer of the year 2021 ?
Yoruba have the highest record Holders in Nigeria national football ( super Eagles ) while ibos have the highest participants ...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: RENO - Why Does Music Of Yoruba Origin Breakthrough Globally ? by Kellibae(f): 3:53am On Jan 14, 2022
Masterclass32:
See them concurring with alacrity. Suddenly Reno is spitting facts, no longer pressing "mumu botton".

These our SW neighbours sef.

Seriously I want to say the same... when he was praisinng igbo they said he was pressing g mumu button.. now they are praising him.
Yorubas are shaddy ASF! When u hear people say they are traitor it's not just a mere talk
Re: RENO - Why Does Music Of Yoruba Origin Breakthrough Globally ? by Kellibae(f): 3:56am On Jan 14, 2022
oyatz:

But they all waxed songs in Yoruba.

Burna Boy is 50% Yoruba.

Hope u know burna is from igbo speaking side of rivers state?
If not for raudlent and corrupt Nigeria he is pure igbo nomattwr how the evil Nigeria try to disintegrate igbos

1 Like

Re: RENO - Why Does Music Of Yoruba Origin Breakthrough Globally ? by walefresh3(m): 4:09am On Jan 14, 2022
Kellibae:

If not for raudlent and corrupt Nigeria he is pure igbo nomattwr how the evil Nigeria try to disintegrate igbos
He is call oluwa burns... His father from Rivers State while his mother from ogun state.. that what I heard from him on live TV interview ..
Father ss .. mother sw .he fluant in Yoruba ( mother language ) than his father language..
Most of his songs are in Yoruba
Re: RENO - Why Does Music Of Yoruba Origin Breakthrough Globally ? by Ykc2(m): 5:57am On Jan 14, 2022
walefresh3:

Bros check that thing wey you write and adjust it...3 Africa best footballs are Igbo ? It is only 4 Nigerians that have won the prestigious award . The first Nigerian to ever won it his a Yoruba man ,Rashidi Yekini in 1993... follow by emamnuel anmuneke , Victor ikpeba and kanu nwankwo in 1999 ... Only 2 igbos out of 4...
Victor ikpeba is from Delta State.. born in Edo state... His father his from isoko Delta while mother is a Yoruba... He blend very well with his mother side...So pls stop writing out of your emotions....

What about the female African footballers from Nigeria soil ?
The present Richest female footballer in Africa and African best woman footballer of the year 2021 ?
Yoruba have the highest record Holders in Nigeria national football ( super Eagles ) while ibos have the highest participants ...

oga how many times did kanu nwankwo won african footballer of the year?you see I hate how guys twist history,how many times did perpetual nkwocha won african best female footballer of the year?
Re: RENO - Why Does Music Of Yoruba Origin Breakthrough Globally ? by Divoc19(f): 6:13am On Jan 14, 2022
Imagine cry o she's one is our forgotten heros in the industry cry. Sunny Okosun, Majek Fachek, those Bolanle guys, they are even countless.

I wish Nollywood will feature them one day so our young ones will know their recent history.

brio1408:
She had the big influence on Charly boy. Though, she is Late Sha

1 Like

Re: RENO - Why Does Music Of Yoruba Origin Breakthrough Globally ? by Nisiw365: 7:28am On Jan 14, 2022
Kellibae:

shut up. Burna is ijaw not igbo

1 Like

Re: RENO - Why Does Music Of Yoruba Origin Breakthrough Globally ? by brio1408: 7:33am On Jan 14, 2022
Unfortunately, our archives seems to be very poor. Remember the likes of Funmi Adams, Edna Ogoli among others; I wonder whether the Video clips are still available for record sake.
Divoc19:
Imagine cry o she's one is our forgotten heros in the industry cry. Sunny Okosun, Majek Fachek, those Bolanle guys, they are even countless.

I wish Nollywood will feature them one day so our young ones will know their recent history.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

Wizkid Congratulates Burna Boy For Wining Best Africa Act Award At 2019 MTV EMA / Pasuma Alabi Arabambi Or Saheed Osupa Matagbamole / Top 20 Biggest And Most Popular Songs In Nigeria 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.