Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,346 members, 7,811,996 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:37 AM

Is It Right For My Landlord To Break Into My Room And Throw Out My Belongings? - Properties (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Is It Right For My Landlord To Break Into My Room And Throw Out My Belongings? (20495 Views)

My Room Transformation Progress With Cost Breakdown(Photos) / No Drainage: How Can I Report My Landlord To Lagos State Government? Pls Help! / How Do I Approach My Landlord To Withdraw The Increment In Rent? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Right For My Landlord To Break Into My Room And Throw Out My Belongings? by descarado: 1:34pm On Jan 15, 2022
This guy is a scammer and they put his thread on front page?
Re: Is It Right For My Landlord To Break Into My Room And Throw Out My Belongings? by Wanbissaka: 1:36pm On Jan 15, 2022
mysteriouspee:

I sent you an email earlier. How much is your rent? Send me your account number.
i dont want to look like i am leaching on the op post, but can i also get a token
Re: Is It Right For My Landlord To Break Into My Room And Throw Out My Belongings? by descarado: 1:38pm On Jan 15, 2022
dominique:
E fit be format o. If you know you know
You know he is scammer.
Why allow it on front page.
Re: Is It Right For My Landlord To Break Into My Room And Throw Out My Belongings? by YorubaKing: 1:40pm On Jan 15, 2022
Epeegee:
Abi God wan punish the landlord nhi,my tenant been owing me since last year april,I just dey look am because country hard

Shows, you no be the true 'LandLord'. You inherit the property. For you na you carry ur money and sweat take build am, you no yarn like dat. cool
Re: Is It Right For My Landlord To Break Into My Room And Throw Out My Belongings? by Pokka5(m): 1:48pm On Jan 15, 2022
Your landlord has no legal backing or right to break into your apartment to throw out your property just because your rentage has expired not even upto a week n he is already wagging his tail. For the fact that he owns the premises gives him no right what so ever n if he feels he needs to, then he should get a court order to effect that n by doing so u might end up staying there for the next one year free, other wise breaking into your apartment is criminal n can be charged for.
Re: Is It Right For My Landlord To Break Into My Room And Throw Out My Belongings? by mfm04622: 1:51pm On Jan 15, 2022
ChiefAtang:

The law always protects the tenant. Whether or not the right extinguishes by virtue of the expiration of his rent, the landlord has no right to break in and throw his properties outside. If landlord desires to recover possession, he should follow due process

Yes.

The due process to evict any tenant without existing rent is to serve them a written notice to recover the property. The time is less than a month, depending on the state, and the tenant must vacate the premises.
Re: Is It Right For My Landlord To Break Into My Room And Throw Out My Belongings? by AfroKnight: 1:51pm On Jan 15, 2022
Veggieseedies:
He has no right

If you're a "yearly tenant" paying yearly as it is in the agreement, he would give you half of "yearly" when you want to pack out, and if "six months" (half a year), you would be given half of that before pack out, so manup.

Just manup and don't talk to him until he carries out this threat without any legal backup.

If he is Yoruba landlord and you are an Igbo tenant, kpokpo am well well if he has no legal backup, igbos go rally round you to pursue the case. You go cash out.

Talking from experience

It’s because landlords forgo the money that you can say nonsense with confidence. If that landlord has your time, he will give you your 6 month notice by you will pay for those months.

No law allows you to owe your landlord. The Notice is just for you to find another accommodation not to live for free.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For My Landlord To Break Into My Room And Throw Out My Belongings? by iyke484real(m): 2:04pm On Jan 15, 2022
mysteriouspee:

I sent you an email earlier. How much is your rent? Send me your account number.
sorry sir, I just saw the mail now and I have replied you..

Modified:

The rent has been paid. ... a great man in this forum has given me the rent. I'm so grateful may God continue to bless him in all of his endeavor..

I'm sincerely grateful for this unimaginable show of love...I thank you all... May God bless the giver...I'm really grateful.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For My Landlord To Break Into My Room And Throw Out My Belongings? by Nobody: 2:08pm On Jan 15, 2022
AfroKnight:

It’s because landlords forgo the money that you can say nonsense with confidence. If that landlord has your time, he will give you your 6 month notice by you will pay for those months.

No law allows you to owe your landlord. The Notice is just for you to find another accommodation not to live for free.

Did you read the post and the braggado of the landlord to throw his things out within 2days his rent expired?

Did you read the post?
Re: Is It Right For My Landlord To Break Into My Room And Throw Out My Belongings? by West2019(m): 2:11pm On Jan 15, 2022
that landlord is very stupid and wicked , just a week of expire house rent is threatening you . nah God go punish an .my Tennant are still owing me for almost 4 to 6 months i never threatening then base on what is going on in this country hopley next month i will get my money from them
Re: Is It Right For My Landlord To Break Into My Room And Throw Out My Belongings? by mysteriouspee: 2:17pm On Jan 15, 2022
iyke484real:
sorry sir, I just saw the mail now and I have replied you..

As for the rent it's 42000. (3500/month)

My account details:
2176007623 chukwu Emmanuel Ofor (zenith bank)

I will be very grateful sir... thanks in advance.

Alright! Will see what i can do. Cheers
Re: Is It Right For My Landlord To Break Into My Room And Throw Out My Belongings? by Nobody: 2:18pm On Jan 15, 2022
YorubaKing:

Shows, you no be the true 'LandLord'. You inherit the property. For you na you carry ur money and sweat take build am, you no yarn like dat. cool

This is attributed to some wicked Yoruba landlords and your moniker suggests it's your attitude too.

Dem never open your head carry you go station still lock you up....that young tenant would be making more than #1m from the tussle because contributions will come from left, right and center just to press this case
Re: Is It Right For My Landlord To Break Into My Room And Throw Out My Belongings? by kmaster007: 2:20pm On Jan 15, 2022
Even d law said 6mnth even thou you wanted to move out frm d hse and deir's another 3mnth and if you don't no ask people's dat no abt the laws..
mfm04622:

But he is right in living in another person's property without paying?
Re: Is It Right For My Landlord To Break Into My Room And Throw Out My Belongings? by iyke484real(m): 2:23pm On Jan 15, 2022
APOPTOSIS:
Which state do you reside?
Akwa Ibom, uyo
Re: Is It Right For My Landlord To Break Into My Room And Throw Out My Belongings? by Johnsown1(m): 2:24pm On Jan 15, 2022
iyke484real:
Hello nairalanders, I trust God we are all fine... happy new year to you all.
Without wasing time I will love to go straight to the point. Comrades and erudites in the house please, I like to know if it's right for my landlord to break into my room and throw out my properties

The crux of the matter.... My rent expired on the 12th of January 2022 today is 14th and my landlord is already threatening to throw out my luggages should I fail to pack out before Sunday, 16th of this month because I promised to pay him yesterday but failed...I pleaded with him to understand that I'm having a little challenge.

I'm a student in the day, security guard at night this I have been doing for the past 3yrs to see myself through school instead of dropping out after I lost my sponsor...I actually had plans of paying my rent before 10th of January with the help of my December salary but it's rather unfortunate that uptill now my boss is yet to pay my December salary...and my landlord doesn't have patience in his dictionary, I can't even go to my room any more because of his threat...I'm just hanging around hoping to see salary alert any of this days but should it tarries and he goes on to throw my things out what can I do? Plus is he right to do that?

Please honourable nairalanders your input in this matter will be highly appreciated...

No he has no right to break into your apartment without court order. It's an offense which can be punishable by law. What differentiate him from a common criminal. Stop hiding from him. E no dey be say e no dey.
Re: Is It Right For My Landlord To Break Into My Room And Throw Out My Belongings? by AfroKnight: 2:26pm On Jan 15, 2022
Veggieseedies:

Did you read the post and the braggado of the landlord to throw his things out within 2days his rent expired?

Did you read the post?

It doesn’t empower anyone to live for free in the apartment. Tell your friend to borrow to pay his landlord. Accommodation is not free.
Re: Is It Right For My Landlord To Break Into My Room And Throw Out My Belongings? by Nobody: 2:31pm On Jan 15, 2022
Dialpad:
That's the problem with the average Nigerian, they see impossibility at every opportunity. So you mean he should remain at the security job and end up with the lousy 20k monthly?

People help those who ask, don't beg for money for food, tell people your plans. What stops him from talking to people around him telling them he needs help with training, laptop to run his training etc .

Closed mouths don't get fed.

HE SHOULD CONTINUE HIS WORK AND LEARN, HE SHOULD RESIGN WHEN HES FINANCIALLY STABLE MAYBE WHEN HE GET 2-3 CLIENT PAYING WELL, U CAN'T EXPECT HIM TO RESIGN WITHOUT ANYTHING BRO.
Re: Is It Right For My Landlord To Break Into My Room And Throw Out My Belongings? by Nobody: 2:31pm On Jan 15, 2022
AfroKnight:

It doesn’t empower anyone to live for free in the apartment. Tell your friend to borrow to pay his landlord. Accommodation is not free.

Your level of comprehension is as tall as El rufai
Re: Is It Right For My Landlord To Break Into My Room And Throw Out My Belongings? by mfm04622: 2:34pm On Jan 15, 2022
kmaster007:
Even d law said 6mnth even thou you wanted to move out frm d hse and deir's another 3mnth and if you don't no ask people's dat no abt the laws..

Which law are you quoting?

Managing property is part of my work ooo.

No let people wey just dey talk advise you wrongly.
Re: Is It Right For My Landlord To Break Into My Room And Throw Out My Belongings? by iyke484real(m): 2:36pm On Jan 15, 2022
chudez0147:
DamnNigga
Isoright!!

How much is your rent ? Let's say someone helps you with the money, would you still want to live in his house ??
I would like to be there cuz the rent is less compared to other houses around plus, that I have an advantage of playing just for a year given that I'm not a new tenant... landlords around there ask for 2yrs rent or 1yr 6month for new tenant... aside these I would have loved to leave the the house.

The landlord is inconsiderate and impatient.
Re: Is It Right For My Landlord To Break Into My Room And Throw Out My Belongings? by mfm04622: 2:38pm On Jan 15, 2022
Veggieseedies:

This is attributed to some wicked Yoruba landlords and your moniker suggests it's your attitude too.

Dem never open your head carry you go station still lock you up....that young tenant would be making more than #1m from the tussle because contributions will come from left, right and center just to press this case

Why did those contributors help him pay his rent?
Later you will be shouting them no gree rent house to you!
Re: Is It Right For My Landlord To Break Into My Room And Throw Out My Belongings? by Agugbadin: 2:40pm On Jan 15, 2022
Are you owing, if so pay up.
Re: Is It Right For My Landlord To Break Into My Room And Throw Out My Belongings? by chudez0147(m): 2:42pm On Jan 15, 2022
DamnNigga
So how much is the rent Sir?
iyke484real:
I would like to be there cuz the rent is less compared to other houses around plus, that I have an advantage of playing just for a year given that I'm not a new tenant... landlords around there ask for 2yrs rent or 1yr 6month for new tenant... aside these I would have loved to leave the the house.

The landlord is inconsiderate and impatient.
Re: Is It Right For My Landlord To Break Into My Room And Throw Out My Belongings? by Nobody: 2:48pm On Jan 15, 2022
mfm04622:

Why did those contributors help him pay his rent?
Later you will be shouting them no gree rent house to you!

Impatience to read through makes one read for entertainment.

Do you know that a scapegoat can be made of one person to teach others a lesson?
Re: Is It Right For My Landlord To Break Into My Room And Throw Out My Belongings? by kmaster007: 2:48pm On Jan 15, 2022
I see... Mayb you suld go ask human rights... Dey will explain better to you.. for the landlord to do such. Wrong idea... I've told him wat to do already if nah me I'll jst ask fast... Ur d owner of a house or Ur managing people property don't means you suld step in sum1 stuff...
mfm04622:

Which law are you quoting?

Managing property is part of my work ooo.

No let people wey just dey talk advise you wrongly.
Re: Is It Right For My Landlord To Break Into My Room And Throw Out My Belongings? by iyke484real(m): 2:51pm On Jan 15, 2022
chudez0147:
DamnNigga
So how much is the rent Sir?
42000 (3500/month)
Re: Is It Right For My Landlord To Break Into My Room And Throw Out My Belongings? by flexyonline: 2:53pm On Jan 15, 2022
kmaster007:

Stop saying nonsense with confidence. No law allows a tenant even one day free. The 6 months you guys keep quoting is notice period for a yearly tenant and the tenant still has to pay for every day he is in the house. Even if the case is in court the law expects you to keep paying. If you don’t pay and judgement is given the landlord will have a right to recover his money by any means possible
Re: Is It Right For My Landlord To Break Into My Room And Throw Out My Belongings? by Nobody: 2:55pm On Jan 15, 2022
Now let me narrate this

A brother travelled back to the East to run some package, upon his return, his landlord was threatening brick and stone. He took it gently with the noise making landlord daily...

One morning, while brushing his teeth, the landlord came again, this time trying to gain access into his room. Come see beating

The landlord thought he had the money to lock the guy and punish him the more
While in cell in just three days, he got transfers from people (visitors) bailed and rearrested the landlord. Beginning of the case proper
Re: Is It Right For My Landlord To Break Into My Room And Throw Out My Belongings? by Dreytonisback(m): 3:06pm On Jan 15, 2022
SarutobiEky:
Boss man. Happy new year. Long time no see.

I wish you the best of it chief

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

House Burnt Down Because Of High Voltage In Iviegbo, Edo State / Police Teargas Protesters At Collapsed Building Site In Abuja / What Is Wrong With This Building Plan?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.