Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,305 members, 7,811,901 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:53 PM

Is It Right For My Landlord To Break Into My Room And Throw Out My Belongings? - Properties (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Is It Right For My Landlord To Break Into My Room And Throw Out My Belongings? (20484 Views)

My Room Transformation Progress With Cost Breakdown(Photos) / No Drainage: How Can I Report My Landlord To Lagos State Government? Pls Help! / How Do I Approach My Landlord To Withdraw The Increment In Rent? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Right For My Landlord To Break Into My Room And Throw Out My Belongings? by cherryCola: 3:07pm On Jan 15, 2022
DenreleDave:
grin

In Nigeria, it is right.. But in a saner country, it is a great offence

have you step your two left legs inside even cameroon
before undecided.
Re: Is It Right For My Landlord To Break Into My Room And Throw Out My Belongings? by President2001(m): 3:11pm On Jan 15, 2022
MALIGNANTGuest:

What an Advice!
He should relax abiiiii.
..... na him get house.
He ploughed the Land for his Landlord when structures were being erected.
Nigerians living in Nigeria are really enjoying.
You wouldn't utter such, if you reside abroad, because everyone knows his properties will be out next few hours.
You should charge him to pay up & not that!.
U go be Landlord tomorrow too,and you go remember this tweet.
I said Amen to the prayer you pay for me
The guy can't sleep in the house because he owes landlord one week, don't you think what he may be passing through, Landlord threanten him day and night and the guy is doing student during the day security in the night, so I should support landlord to quit him because that's only source of income of Landlord what of if something happens the house collapse do you want to tell me landlord will not live

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Right For My Landlord To Break Into My Room And Throw Out My Belongings? by tonididdy(m): 3:11pm On Jan 15, 2022
MALIGNANTGuest:

Just imagine.
Na these Youth Pastors owe pass ooo.
I rejected a lot of them.
My brother, just 150k per annum for 2 bedroom, person no dey meet up. I think he does it intentionally. Others have paid. And He does this oftenly. Meanwhile, same Guy has got a lucrative business. I'm not benefitting anything from the structure. I may mess the environment up with poultry birds soon. It takes only an order.
I quit giving my tenants luxury.
Many don't deserve it

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For My Landlord To Break Into My Room And Throw Out My Belongings? by BLoomfrancs(m): 3:14pm On Jan 15, 2022
Manspeaks:

What type of advice you guys always give online!?
If it's so easy learning, please teach him one.

That is a life saving advice bro. Sometimes we need to hear the hard truth for the change we crave to manifest. Imagine just 42,000 na wetin the landlord wan use evict the guy angry

He shd strive to learn a skill online. Nobody forces anyone to become a security guard unless they choose to.
Re: Is It Right For My Landlord To Break Into My Room And Throw Out My Belongings? by NoToPile: 3:17pm On Jan 15, 2022
Well he has not broken into your apartment yet, it's just a threat to get you to pay, he won't break into the apartment, just plead with him.

That said, if you are owing, you are a tenant at will and are actually entitled to 7 days only from the day your rent expired to be ejected oo, a court can enforce this.
Re: Is It Right For My Landlord To Break Into My Room And Throw Out My Belongings? by AdeMoss: 3:21pm On Jan 15, 2022
It is all a financial cycle. Imagine your Landlord has an obligation he needs to settle by 17th January and the beneficiary has a situation to sort out on the 18th. It goes like that starting from employer's failure to pay. I doubt your rent is up to ₦1m and if he is desperate, understand
Re: Is It Right For My Landlord To Break Into My Room And Throw Out My Belongings? by iyke484real(m): 3:28pm On Jan 15, 2022
AdeMoss:
It is all a financial cycle. Imagine your Landlord has an obligation he needs to settle by 17th January and the beneficiary has a situation to sort out on the 18th. It goes like that starting from employer's failure to pay. I doubt your rent is up to ₦1m and if he is desperate, understand

Modified:

The rent has been paid. ... a great man in this forum has given me the rent. I'm so grateful may God continue to bless him in all of his endeavor..

I'm sincerely grateful for this unimaginable show of love...I thank you all... May God bless the giver...I'm really grateful.

4 Likes

Re: Is It Right For My Landlord To Break Into My Room And Throw Out My Belongings? by JayPeeOham: 3:29pm On Jan 15, 2022
iyke484real:
Hello nairalanders, I trust God we are all fine... happy new year to you all.
Without wasing time I will love to go straight to the point. Comrades and erudites in the house please, I like to know if it's right for my landlord to break into my room and throw out my properties

The crux of the matter.... My rent expired on the 12th of January 2022 today is 14th and my landlord is already threatening to throw out my luggages should I fail to pack out before Sunday, 16th of this month because I promised to pay him yesterday but failed...I pleaded with him to understand that I'm having a little challenge.

I'm a student in the day, security guard at night this I have been doing for the past 3yrs to see myself through school instead of dropping out after I lost my sponsor...I actually had plans of paying my rent before 10th of January with the help of my December salary but it's rather unfortunate that uptill now my boss is yet to pay my December salary...and my landlord doesn't have patience in his dictionary, I can't even go to my room any more because of his threat...I'm just hanging around hoping to see salary alert any of this days but should it tarries and he goes on to throw my things out what can I do? Plus is he right to do that?

Please honourable nairalanders your input in this matter will be highly appreciated...

Your Landlord is wrong if he should break into your apartment to throw your things out!

He is supposed to give you at least 6months.

I recommend you download LAWYERPP app from Playstore. You can get any lawyer you need from there and they're very very affordable.

All the best Bro.

You are welcome.
Re: Is It Right For My Landlord To Break Into My Room And Throw Out My Belongings? by iyke484real(m): 3:31pm On Jan 15, 2022
NoToPile:
Well he has not broken into your apartment yet, it's just a threat to get you to pay, he won't break into the apartment, just plead with him.

That said, if you are owing, you are a tenant at will and are actually entitled to 7 days only from the day your rent expired to be ejected oo, a court can enforce this.
thanks for your submission bro..

Modified:

The rent has been paid. ... a great man in this forum has given me the rent. I'm so grateful may God continue to bless him in all of his endeavor..

I'm sincerely grateful for this unimaginable show of love...I thank you all... May God bless the giver...I'm really grateful.
Re: Is It Right For My Landlord To Break Into My Room And Throw Out My Belongings? by iyke484real(m): 3:33pm On Jan 15, 2022
JayPeeOham:

Your Landlord is wrong if he should break into your apartment to throw your things out!

He is supposed to give you at least 6months.

I recommend you download LAWYERPP app from Playstore. You can get any lawyer you need from there and they're very very affordable.

All the best Bro.

You are welcome.
well said, thanks

Modified:

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For My Landlord To Break Into My Room And Throw Out My Belongings? by iyke484real(m): 3:36pm On Jan 15, 2022
descarado:
This guy is a scammer and they put his thread on front page?

thank you sir...

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For My Landlord To Break Into My Room And Throw Out My Belongings? by JayPeeOham: 3:48pm On Jan 15, 2022
iyke484real:
well said, thanks

Modified:

Wow... Nice one bro... Congratulations and may God bless your helper. I pray this 2022 may our helper locate us IJN. Amen

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For My Landlord To Break Into My Room And Throw Out My Belongings? by iyke484real(m): 3:49pm On Jan 15, 2022
blaquebelle:
Sorry bro but the rich are the ones that claim right. For example, if he throws you out, would you be able to afford taking legal action?

I just pray someone from somewhere surprises you with the money. God bless your hustle
bros some one has done it....I'm really grateful. Thanks for the prayer

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Right For My Landlord To Break Into My Room And Throw Out My Belongings? by descarado: 4:02pm On Jan 15, 2022
iyke484real:
thank you sir...

Next year, you will come out with new story again.

Do you guys ever change, nope.

Your old posts were littered with stories like this begging for money.

You can go delete them now as maga don pay and start thinking of another format to use.
Re: Is It Right For My Landlord To Break Into My Room And Throw Out My Belongings? by kmaster007: 4:02pm On Jan 15, 2022
Am telling you want I no... Jst bcoz he don't pay up you will no park his load without even inform him or deir... Ur playing with fire... Just don't go and try it... You can only be doing that to illiterate people's
flexyonline:

Stop saying nonsense with confidence. No law allows a tenant even one day free. The 6 months you guys keep quoting is notice period for a yearly tenant and the tenant still has to pay for every day he is in the house. Even if the case is in court the law expects you to keep paying. If you don’t pay and judgement is given the landlord will have a right to recover his money by any means possible
Re: Is It Right For My Landlord To Break Into My Room And Throw Out My Belongings? by Ccdavies(m): 4:08pm On Jan 15, 2022
Kingpele:
Yes but with court order ,however try to talk to your boss concerning your salary, tell him that u will be thrown out any moment from now, and see what happens but try to plead with your landlord, don't paint your landlord black before the public, he have needs too,am presently working on how to send a tenant out of my property, she is owing more than six months and I suppose to use the money to offset my kids school fees but she keep on promising me for months now..the point is that landlords sometimes attached rents generated from their properties on things they needed to sort out, the more u delay the more it will affect their plans, the more u hide from him the more u are making him suspect you don't want to pay him

God bless you

Some tenants are more wicked than devil!

As per the post, bro,God will come through for you.Cheers
Re: Is It Right For My Landlord To Break Into My Room And Throw Out My Belongings? by Ccdavies(m): 4:10pm On Jan 15, 2022
Ayemoso17:
Take him to court and lie against that you about #2m in that room I swear to God he will pay every Kobo.

Lol

Werey

Baba e no easy anyway.oo

Landlord self get plans for the money.oo

God help us
Re: Is It Right For My Landlord To Break Into My Room And Throw Out My Belongings? by Zee0007: 4:25pm On Jan 15, 2022
Hmm
iyke484real:
well said, thanks

Modified:

Re: Is It Right For My Landlord To Break Into My Room And Throw Out My Belongings? by cmecproblem(m): 4:26pm On Jan 15, 2022
No. But did you push him to the wall?
Re: Is It Right For My Landlord To Break Into My Room And Throw Out My Belongings? by Hiq0: 5:32pm On Jan 15, 2022
Are you owning him
Re: Is It Right For My Landlord To Break Into My Room And Throw Out My Belongings? by Gee64: 6:04pm On Jan 15, 2022
You can get Salary Advance from First Bank by dialling *894*11#
iyke484real:
thanks for your input bro...as for the gtco, one can not dictate to the security firm I work with on mode of payment, I was mandated to open a first bank account specifically without which no payment according to them...but thanks for teaching me about it anyway..., cuz I never new of it before now.
Re: Is It Right For My Landlord To Break Into My Room And Throw Out My Belongings? by hardeybaryour(m): 6:40pm On Jan 15, 2022
Good evening to all my nairalander's family. I had a similar case last year December. My rent due 5th of December 2021, My landlord don't accept half payment or monthly payment. You have to pay for a year, Even waste bin we do pay for a year. My landlord has been threatening me that he will throw my things out January and he's not aware that have saved up his 250k for the rent then I will owe some other bills, like PSP, and some nepa bills because I only saved 250k. I gave him the rent 15th of December, that same 20th I lost my job and I have a daughter and also my wife is heavily pregnant right now and she might deliver anytime from now. Me and my wife and daughter celebrated this December starving even till now. I even come up here to beg for AIMS and no one could even help us out and the MOD even locked down my account. Am not a lazy person and am even trying to get a driving job now if I can get an accommodation with it because I live on ogun state. OP God will bless our hustle and God will also bless everyone of us. It's not easy to be in such situation. OP some people will rubbish you here but just don't relent and have faith. Me and my pregnant wife have been starving since yesterday but am making sure that my daughter have something to eat. God bless nairalander's. Goodluck
Re: Is It Right For My Landlord To Break Into My Room And Throw Out My Belongings? by hardeybaryour(m): 6:41pm On Jan 15, 2022
Good evening to all my nairalander's family. I had a similar case last year December. My rent due 5th of December 2021, My landlord don't accept half payment or monthly payment. You have to pay for a year, Even waste bin we do pay for a year. My landlord has been threatening me that he will throw my things out January and he's not aware that have saved up his 250k for the rent then I will owe some other bills, like PSP, and some nepa bills because I only saved 250k. I gave him the rent 15th of December, that same 20th I lost my job and I have a daughter and also my wife is heavily pregnant right now and she might deliver anytime from now. Me and my wife and daughter celebrated this December starving even till now. I even come up here to beg for AIMS and no one could even help us out and the MOD even locked down my account. Am not a lazy person and am even trying to get a driving job now if I can get an accommodation with it because I live on ogun state. OP God will bless our hustle and God will also bless everyone of us. It's not easy to be in such situation. OP some people will rubbish you here but just don't relent and have faith. Me and my pregnant wife have been starving since yesterday but am making sure that my daughter have something to eat. God bless nairalander's. Please if you have a job for me reach me on 09028412192. Goodluck

iyke484real:
Without wasing time I will love to go straight to the point. Comrades and erudites in the house please, I like to know if it's right for my landlord to break into my room and throw out my properties

The crux of the matter.... My rent expired on the 12th of January 2022 today is 14th and my landlord is already threatening to throw out my luggages should I fail to pack out before Sunday, 16th of this month because I promised to pay him yesterday but failed...I pleaded with him to understand that I'm having a little challenge.

I'm a student in the day, security guard at night this I have been doing for the past 3yrs to see myself through school instead of dropping out after I lost my sponsor...I actually had plans of paying my rent before 10th of January with the help of my December salary but it's rather unfortunate that uptill now my boss is yet to pay my December salary...and my landlord doesn't have patience in his dictionary, I can't even go to my room any more because of his threat...I'm just hanging around hoping to see salary alert any of this days but should it tarries and he goes on to throw my things out what can I do? Plus is he right to do that?

Please honourable nairalanders your input in this matter will be highly appreciated...
Re: Is It Right For My Landlord To Break Into My Room And Throw Out My Belongings? by AfroKnight: 6:42pm On Jan 15, 2022
Veggieseedies:

Your level of comprehension is as tall as El rufai

Says the îdiot who cannot see beyond bigotry. Continue like this. You’d soon meet a landlord who will punish you for your bigotry-inspired greed. You will pay every dime.
Re: Is It Right For My Landlord To Break Into My Room And Throw Out My Belongings? by hardeybaryour(m): 7:04pm On Jan 15, 2022
Thank God for you OP. Please anyone with good heart here, Should please help me and my heavily pregnant wife too so that we won't continue starving since last night. Our 4 years old daughter is eating because am struggling to get her something to eat even if it's not much. Please help me and my wife too. God bless you Sir/Ma and also am open to driving job if any is available and if accommodation is included because i live in ogun State thanks.

iyke484real:

Re: Is It Right For My Landlord To Break Into My Room And Throw Out My Belongings? by Epeegee(m): 8:04pm On Jan 15, 2022
YorubaKing:

Shows, you no be the true 'LandLord'. You inherit the property. For you na you carry ur money and sweat take build am, you no yarn like dat. cool

Nah your papa property? undecided undecided
Re: Is It Right For My Landlord To Break Into My Room And Throw Out My Belongings? by Nobody: 10:48pm On Jan 15, 2022
AfroKnight:

Says the îdiot who cannot see beyond bigotry. Continue like this. You’d soon meet a landlord who will punish you for your bigotry-inspired greed. You will pay every dime.

Bigotry inspired by your incurrable, irredeemable tribalistic views on anything Igbo.......

Don't worry, one day you will learn the hard way that the law always favour the tenant since you chose to be daft to comprehend.

Just throw a property that belongs to me outside and receive a #25m libel after you don hear am
Re: Is It Right For My Landlord To Break Into My Room And Throw Out My Belongings? by Lilfemzie(m): 1:02am On Jan 16, 2022
In 2pac's voice : I love paying rents when then rent's due
I hope you got the diamond necklace I sent to ya

Lol bro na this jam adey listen to till I got to your comment
Re: Is It Right For My Landlord To Break Into My Room And Throw Out My Belongings? by Poleski: 4:50am On Jan 16, 2022
iyke484real:

No, he has no right to do that because it's illegal. He MUST give you time, even if he wants you to leave. 

Unfortunately, you've got no money to hire a lawyer if he does that. The poor in this country suffer a lot.
Re: Is It Right For My Landlord To Break Into My Room And Throw Out My Belongings? by Bbdealer(m): 8:22am On Jan 16, 2022
1st of all he has all the right to throw out your property as long as you break the tenancy agreement given to you which you signed. Secondly he has to do it appropriately by giving you a quit notice while you rent is still running for the last 3 - 6 months your rent is to expire.
NB: for those saying take him to court or tell human rights be informed that you can never win a landlord in a case where you defaulted in payment of rent only if he wants to evict you when your rent is still running.
Re: Is It Right For My Landlord To Break Into My Room And Throw Out My Belongings? by Bbdealer(m): 8:33am On Jan 16, 2022
On the aspect of telling the police that you left money in the house I've seen alot of schemes like this that backfired and the tenant ended in up in a cell, bailed himself and also paid all outstanding bills and rent.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

House Burnt Down Because Of High Voltage In Iviegbo, Edo State / Police Teargas Protesters At Collapsed Building Site In Abuja / What Is Wrong With This Building Plan?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.