Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,758 members, 7,824,180 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:07 AM

12 Things To Say No To In Your Marriage - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 12 Things To Say No To In Your Marriage (44882 Views)

Zimbabwean Man Beats Up Wife For Failing To Say “Thank You” After Sex / Financial Missteps That Could Ruin Your Marriage / 7 Clear Signs Your Marriage Is About To Crash (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 12 Things To Say No To In Your Marriage by Edusouls(m): 6:51am On Jan 16, 2022
Your right
complexBoss12:
I attended one wedding, a Catholic wedding. while preaching, the priest said something I will never forget. He was like, when you go to school, you get a cert after graduation. In endeavors of life, a certificate is issued at the END to show qualification.

Only in marriage, is a certificate issued the very day you step in. So from your first day you're are graduate, you're qualified. This is because in marriage the beginning is the end and the end is the beginning. For you to agree to be married means you have trained yourself and feel you qualified and ready.

But is that the case today?? most times I am **** scared if marriage. My father thought me that you never stop working on a marriage. The few ladies I have dated, when they discover you just want peace of mind and apologize even when you're right for the sake of peace, next they want to take you for a fool. Going the alpha way, keeps them in check, but doesn't really guarantee a happy home because I want my woman to love me and not fear me. This gender called women, you can never tell what it is they really want.

My verdict: Marriage has no solution or 12 or even 100 things to abide by, you can only try. Christians will say, only God can give a happy home.

1 Like

Re: 12 Things To Say No To In Your Marriage by sleek214(m): 6:51am On Jan 16, 2022
Do not see a pastor to resolve your marriage

1 Like

Re: 12 Things To Say No To In Your Marriage by oza20(m): 6:51am On Jan 16, 2022
AsomArchitectNG:

There are certainly no fast rules on marriage. What should be known and impressed to couples is that the should see themselves as, partners building a family together. They should love, respect and honour each other. The man shouldn't see himself as the head and the woman too shouldn't take advantage of that. They should know and realize that both of them are working together. God bless all the married!
Re: 12 Things To Say No To In Your Marriage by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 6:54am On Jan 16, 2022
nurudeen181:

two good heads are better than one, you cant compare a head that thinks emotionally and that which thinks freely neither can you compare a head that gives and that which always receive...
Please go and sit down everybody is emotionally and men are very good at thinking with their emotions so do not make it a women's thing only

1 Like

Re: 12 Things To Say No To In Your Marriage by Nobody: 6:56am On Jan 16, 2022
insecticide:

And do you make him happy too, like seriously?

Which kin question be this? Can two work together except they agree?...Amos 3:3.
Re: 12 Things To Say No To In Your Marriage by Richashell: 6:56am On Jan 16, 2022
Easier said than done. I’m sure the person who wrote this isn’t married. Smh!!

1 Like

Re: 12 Things To Say No To In Your Marriage by Starpro87(m): 6:57am On Jan 16, 2022
FuckSilly:
Say no to allowing your Nigerian wife keep contact with her ex... If you unfortunately married a WHORĒ, don't joke with this.

Worse if their Ex lives overseas.

1 Like

Re: 12 Things To Say No To In Your Marriage by Gbest90(m): 7:00am On Jan 16, 2022
Nice write up.

Although the most important thing is to marry a good woman. Whom are very rare these days.

Cos if you aren't lucky to find one, doing these and many more helps absolutely nothing.
Re: 12 Things To Say No To In Your Marriage by Prenonjebose: 7:04am On Jan 16, 2022
Op tried. The key word in marriage is tolerance. Marry for love is very good, but tolerance would be needed for it to work in the long term. My wife and I are guilty of one or two of these points, but tolerance has kept us together for years now.
Re: 12 Things To Say No To In Your Marriage by Gainman: 7:06am On Jan 16, 2022
All these rules doesn't work. D best thing is make God give you a good wife. Run your home d way it will work for you. What works for u in your marriage might not work for me.
One of d rules says you should not invite parents if there is misunderstanding between the wife and d husband.
There are some trouble some women will cause u and if u don't inform the parents in time. You go blame yourself.

2 Likes

Re: 12 Things To Say No To In Your Marriage by November24(f): 7:07am On Jan 16, 2022
Ladyhippolyta88:

This your number 3 needs more emphasis, especially to the so-called heads of the families specifically the average Nigerian man who sees headship as authoritarianism, that don't like to open up to their wives, listen and hear from them because they believe they should be making the decisions alone without due consultation.

Always learn to carry your wives along and you will not die if you adopt her advice or opinion on issues two heads are better than one and you can never know it all.

I know this advice is not gender specific but in the average Nigerian marriages it's men that often do this,while the women always consult them when she is the one making a decision

Youtalk with a victim mentality.
We women,do worse. And the man is the head whether u like the idea or not

5 Likes

Re: 12 Things To Say No To In Your Marriage by AleleOgor(m): 7:08am On Jan 16, 2022
Okay
Re: 12 Things To Say No To In Your Marriage by Chyma231(m): 7:13am On Jan 16, 2022
This is the only good topic I have seen on NL since the year started !!!

1 Like

Re: 12 Things To Say No To In Your Marriage by Faber(m): 7:15am On Jan 16, 2022
Mrkumareze:

Wait, time shall answer the question .u re still a young man, by the time u get there u ll know why its necessary..

Storyline
Re: 12 Things To Say No To In Your Marriage by Nimirayz: 7:16am On Jan 16, 2022
* Caution :

While applying point no. 2
Be careful with the "Pastor" u get-in on your marriage issues...
SOME pastors will end up having an affair with your wife.

4 Likes

Re: 12 Things To Say No To In Your Marriage by Haakeem(m): 7:17am On Jan 16, 2022
check my signature out,i assure you would nt be disappointed.
Re: 12 Things To Say No To In Your Marriage by Oyolohi24: 7:19am On Jan 16, 2022
[What if after you marry because of that love and for no reason at all, the person starts a new $ strange behavior like adultery, lazziness, talking back at you etc ? You think the real men should take all? Wait my brother after you marry first. quote author=judedwriter post=109408748]Don't marry because :

1. You are getting old

2. You are lonely

3. You are pressurized

4. You are mocked

5. You are criticized

6. You are embarrassed

7. You are impoverished , etc.

Marry only for love. If you don't love that man or woman PLEASE DON'T MARRY! [/quote]
Re: 12 Things To Say No To In Your Marriage by baby124: 7:22am On Jan 16, 2022
Your spouses success is your success. As long as you both have a shared goal. Don’t get jealous and sabotage your spouse. Improve yourself.
Re: 12 Things To Say No To In Your Marriage by baby124: 7:25am On Jan 16, 2022
Anyone that tells you to hide things during marriage that is critical to the marriage, does not want your best interest. If the spouse later finds out, it will bring distrust and destroy your marriage.

Eventually that person that advised you to keep the secret, will find a way to tell the spouse when you fight. Avoid such people. They can be even family members.

Don’t entertain gossips who want to remain anonymous. Especially when it comes to your spouse. If they don’t have a bad motive, they won’t be in the dark manipulating and causing issues in your marriage. Investigate, confront your spouse immediately in a non-aggressive manner, tell them who told you and clear all misunderstanding by you both confronting the person. You will be shocked how lies and rumors have destroyed marriages. You should owe no loyalty to a gossip.
Re: 12 Things To Say No To In Your Marriage by Nobody: 7:28am On Jan 16, 2022
complexBoss12:
I attended one wedding, a Catholic wedding. while preaching, the priest said something I will never forget. He was like, when you go to school, you get a cert after graduation. In endeavors of life, a certificate is issued at the END to show qualification.

Only in marriage, is a certificate issued the very day you step in. So from your first day you're are graduate, you're qualified. This is because in marriage the beginning is the end and the end is the beginning. For you to agree to be married means you have trained yourself and feel you qualified and ready.

But is that the case today?? most times I am **** scared if marriage. My father thought me that you never stop working on a marriage. The few ladies I have dated, when they discover you just want peace of mind and apologize even when you're right for the sake of peace, next they want to take you for a fool. Going the alpha way, keeps them in check, but doesn't really guarantee a happy home because I want my woman to love me and not fear me. This gender called women, you can never tell what it is they really want.

My verdict: Marriage has no solution or 12 or even 100 things to abide by, you can only try. Christians will say, only God can give a happy home.
in Islam, women are considered complicated and should be handled with care cause they actually don't really know what they like. You over Ben them, they break.. you over pamper them, they take you for a fool.

God's grace in any endeavor is what I pray for before embarking...

3 Likes

Re: 12 Things To Say No To In Your Marriage by MICHEALADEX(m): 7:28am On Jan 16, 2022
AsomArchitectNG post=10940373g5:

Re: 12 Things To Say No To In Your Marriage by baby124: 7:34am On Jan 16, 2022
Hammyaladin:
in Islam, women are considered complicated and should be handled with care cause they actually don't really know what they like. You over Ben them, they break.. you over pamper them, they take you for a fool.

God's grace in any endeavor is what I pray for before embarking...
Islam is an offshoot of a culture that does not respect women. Women know exactly what they want.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 12 Things To Say No To In Your Marriage by Cousin9999: 7:40am On Jan 16, 2022
Shokoloko:
Great advice.

I would also ask that young, unmarried be VERY careful. Fear the institution of marriage. Do not jump in. Go in soberly. Attend at least a year of marriage counselling before delving into marriage. It is for life.

2 years.

1 Like

Re: 12 Things To Say No To In Your Marriage by olibeans: 7:41am On Jan 16, 2022
Wow... Quite helpful and enlightening.

Thank you.
Re: 12 Things To Say No To In Your Marriage by Cousin9999: 7:42am On Jan 16, 2022
Good list.
Re: 12 Things To Say No To In Your Marriage by TemmyT002(m): 7:42am On Jan 16, 2022
Especially that number 12
Re: 12 Things To Say No To In Your Marriage by RuddyFusion(m): 7:43am On Jan 16, 2022
Good one there
Re: 12 Things To Say No To In Your Marriage by josephevergreen(m): 7:57am On Jan 16, 2022
HacheNoire:
If you want to enjoy life and live long, stay away from Black women!

It’s automatically and genetically instilled in them.

If you feel you anxious to commit suicide, you don’t need a rope, all you need is a Nigerian wife

I disagree with you on this !!

1 Like

Re: 12 Things To Say No To In Your Marriage by womenareapess: 7:57am On Jan 16, 2022
AsomArchitectNG:

na person wey married monkey go dey complain undecided

Say no to naija women

Say no to self entitlement piece of shiit called NAIJA women, dey deserve to be treated like animal. Even animal is way better than them undecided

What can a black woman offer apart from sex and bringing bastard son or daughter which maybe not your child unless you do a DNA test angry

Say no to the idea of marrying because it only benefit on particular female black species who only see marriage as a scheme for poverty eradication programs undecided

You married an ediot and you ended up taking care of her whole entire family wereby you as a man will abandoned your own family just to please that vagina that bleed with her yansh angry
Any man who does this is worse than an infidel. undecided

What profit a man who took so low to take a black woman as his wife and suffer for the rest of his life undecided

Only a fools will see a Naija woman and say in his mind "I have found the right one" for he knoweth his path is the way of destruction undecided

Lastly divorce is always an option! undecided once you found out that that beneficiary piece of shiit you called wife isn't playing her role, don't feel reluctant to divorce that piece of shiit, it's for your own good an mental peace of mind undecided

2 Likes

Re: 12 Things To Say No To In Your Marriage by NurseJP(m): 7:58am On Jan 16, 2022
I recently got married. All I can say is,for marriage to work,there must be sincerity of purpose. Marry because you're ready and believe in your partner to work as a team and walk the long road of marriage holding hands. Always take the advice of your partner, you can modify it a bit and let them know every decision made. It saves stress in marriage.

Also, always think of your partner first,he or she is your priority, not your parents, not your siblings because when the night comes,who are you gonna share the bed with? Definitely your wife/husband.
As a Christian, PRAYER is very important in everyday life �
Re: 12 Things To Say No To In Your Marriage by vickydevoka(m): 7:59am On Jan 16, 2022
complexBoss12:

Female gender are complex in nature. If u wan to seek peace all de Time, u might end up not having peace of mind. What works for me might not work for you. Buh mine is this, I care less sometimes to get more. If you are too responsible for a Nigerian Lady you life on earth will be short.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

South African Man Replies Troll Who Criticized His Wife's Beach Outfit / A Strange Woman In My Home.. How Do I Go About It?? / MY Wife Left Me For Her Politician Exboyfried.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.