Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,721 members, 7,816,965 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:30 PM

12 Things To Say No To In Your Marriage - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 12 Things To Say No To In Your Marriage (44857 Views)

Zimbabwean Man Beats Up Wife For Failing To Say “Thank You” After Sex / Financial Missteps That Could Ruin Your Marriage / 7 Clear Signs Your Marriage Is About To Crash (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 12 Things To Say No To In Your Marriage by phrancys001(m): 9:54am On Jan 16, 2022
It's well
Re: 12 Things To Say No To In Your Marriage by kjhova(m): 9:57am On Jan 16, 2022
Ladyhippolyta88:

This your number 3 needs more emphasis, especially to the so-called heads of the families specifically the average Nigerian man who sees headship as authoritarianism, that don't like to open up to their wives, listen and hear from them because they believe they should be making the decisions alone without due consultation.

Always learn to carry your wives along and you will not die if you adopt her advice or opinion on issues two heads are better than one and you can never know it all.

I know this advice is not gender specific but in the average Nigerian marriages it's men that often do this,while the women always consult them when she is the one making a decision

Many men with this your mindset idea of being 100% open to their wives and planning everything together in the home have ended up being scolded by their friends in the "I told you so" manner, when the proverbial brown matter hits the oscillator!!!

It's a learned behaviour for Nigerian men to run their game their way, not with the many tragic experiences of male folks who tried to run an equal and open home with the typical Nigerian woman.
Re: 12 Things To Say No To In Your Marriage by judedwriter(m): 10:08am On Jan 16, 2022
Allisgud:
what if she doesn't love u back.love is not enough for marriage

Yes, some people fake love to marry...

That's why the dirvorce rate is getting higher.
Re: 12 Things To Say No To In Your Marriage by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 10:59am On Jan 16, 2022
oilmonie:
it's because women use their heart and not their head. Listen to a woman but don't take her advice.

To excuse your silly behaviours you will make unfounded and silly statements.

We both know that this is a lie so don't bore me with rubbish.

1 Like

Re: 12 Things To Say No To In Your Marriage by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 11:02am On Jan 16, 2022
kjhova:

Many men with this your mindset idea of being 100% open to their wives and planning everything together in the home have ended up being scolded by their friends in the "I told you so" manner, when the proverbial brown matter hits the oscillator!!!

It's a learned behaviour for Nigerian men to run their game their way, not with the many tragic experiences of male folks who tried to run an equal and open home with the typical Nigerian woman.

Another lie stop boring me with rubbish.

1 Like

Re: 12 Things To Say No To In Your Marriage by castro316: 11:32am On Jan 16, 2022
HacheNoire:
If you want to enjoy life and live long, stay away from Black women!

It’s automatically and genetically instilled in them.

If you feel you anxious to commit suicide, you don’t need a rope, all you need is a Nigerian wife
You mother who married your father nko?
Re: 12 Things To Say No To In Your Marriage by Ofolete: 12:17pm On Jan 16, 2022
OloshoMan:
Say no to marriage

Were you born out of marriage?
Re: 12 Things To Say No To In Your Marriage by iTearHerToto: 12:55pm On Jan 16, 2022
complexBoss12:
I attended one wedding, a Catholic wedding. while preaching, the priest said something I will never forget. He was like, when you go to school, you get a cert after graduation. In endeavors of life, a certificate is issued at the END to show qualification.

Only in marriage, is a certificate issued the very day you step in. So from your first day you're are graduate, you're qualified. This is because in marriage the beginning is the end and the end is the beginning. For you to agree to be married means you have trained yourself and feel you're qualified and ready.

But is that the case today?? most times I am **** scared of marriage. My father thought me that you never stop working on a marriage. The few ladies I have dated, when they discover you just want peace of mind and apologize even when you're right for the sake of peace, next they want to take you for a fool. Going the alpha way, keeps them in check, but doesn't really guarantee a happy home because I [b]want my woman to love me and not fear me. [/b]This gender called women, you can never tell what it is they really want.

My verdict: Marriage has no solution or 12 or even 100 things to abide by, you can only try. Christians will say, only God can give a happy home.
And right there is where men go losing. No woman is capable of love. She can only respect you, and that respect is bred from fear of losing you to another woman. The only love a woman got is for her children and that love can't be shared

If you're a man reading this keep expecting love instead of respect from your woman and come back 5 years time to tell me how that went
Good luck

1 Like

Re: 12 Things To Say No To In Your Marriage by clothingonline(m): 1:58pm On Jan 16, 2022
This is serious
Re: 12 Things To Say No To In Your Marriage by Ajah489(m): 2:12pm On Jan 16, 2022
Thanks
Re: 12 Things To Say No To In Your Marriage by Imstrong2(m): 2:17pm On Jan 16, 2022
Ungodly:

I noticed God didn’t say “Women! love your husband” instead he said “Husband! Love your wife” what does that mean, you have an answer to that?
Good Observation,I think God wanted to strike a balance you know woman naturally dont have issues loving a man but respect atimes can be an issue,men can have issues loving unlike a woman
Re: 12 Things To Say No To In Your Marriage by ERUDITE6156: 2:47pm On Jan 16, 2022
[b][/b][quote author=complexBoss12 post=109405395]I attended one wedding, a Catholic wedding. while preaching, the priest said something I will never forget. He was like, when you go to school, you get a cert after graduation. In endeavors of life, a certificate is issued at the END to show qualification.

Only in marriage, is a certificate issued the very day you step in. So from your first day you're are graduate, you're qualified. This is because in marriage the beginning is the end and the end is the beginning. For you to agree to be married means you have trained yourself and feel you're qualified and ready.

But is that the case today?? most times I am **** scared of marriage. My father thought me that you never stop working on a marriage. The few ladies I have dated, when they discover you just want peace of mind and apologize even when you're right for the sake of peace, next they want to take you for a fool. Going the alpha way, keeps them in check, but doesn't really guarantee a happy home because I want my woman to love me and not fear me. This gender called women, you can never tell what it is they really want.

My verdict: Marriage has no solution or 12 or even 100 things to abide by, you can only try. Christians will say, only God can give a happy home.

Thanks for sharing this..., Good content

1 Like

Re: 12 Things To Say No To In Your Marriage by HacheNoire: 3:39pm On Jan 16, 2022
josephevergreen:

I disagree with you on this !!

Just date a Nigerian girl, and come back here to share your testimony. You owe me an apology
Re: 12 Things To Say No To In Your Marriage by Hiq0: 4:37pm On Jan 16, 2022
No 5 is my only no

I can say yes anyday
Re: 12 Things To Say No To In Your Marriage by emmyN(m): 4:41pm On Jan 16, 2022
ssogundele:
Any rule outside “husband love your wife and wife respect submit to your husband “ is just epistle! That rule is God ordained. He is the originator of marriage and knows the best to it.
Re: 12 Things To Say No To In Your Marriage by Col0gne(f): 7:51pm On Jan 16, 2022
shocked
Re: 12 Things To Say No To In Your Marriage by Col0gne(f): 7:55pm On Jan 16, 2022
Fiscus105:

Everyone is destined for marriage, let him or her check his/her character and know how to reach compromise with his/her or partner, when they do that, it will work as magic.

You can not be leaving as "my, my,my" in situations of "we,we,our" and expect peace.

You cannot be treating ur partner like slave and expected royalty treated return.

The day you understand/realize that everyone is created differently and with different purpose in life, maybe then, you won't believe you said something like this.

1 Like

Re: 12 Things To Say No To In Your Marriage by GetMeRight: 8:36pm On Jan 16, 2022
Col0gne:

Aswear! I hate the way Africans think/reason when it comes to marriage. The moment a person attains a certain age and sometimes financially ok, they start mounting pressure of the individual to get married. Nobody asks if that person has what it takes to get married. People think it's all about money.

No one came from heaven with what it takes to get married, just learn to compromise and shift a little bit. Why don't you ask your parents how they were able to do it?
Re: 12 Things To Say No To In Your Marriage by GetMeRight: 8:41pm On Jan 16, 2022
iTearHerToto:
And right there is where men go losing. No woman is capable of love. She can only respect you, and that respect is bred from fear of losing you to another woman. The only love a woman got is for her children and that love can't be shared

If you're a man reading this keep expecting love instead of respect from your woman and come back 5 years time to tell me how that went
Good luck

Hehe! Different people, different opinions. Lol. Your wife don't need to share her love between you and the children, there should be plenty of it.
Re: 12 Things To Say No To In Your Marriage by LastProphet: 10:25pm On Jan 16, 2022
Col0gne:

Aswear! I hate the way Africans think/reason when it comes to marriage. The moment a person attains a certain age and sometimes financially ok, they start mounting pressure of the individual to get married. Nobody asks if that person has what it takes to get married. People think it's all about money.

Africans will still be backward in another 3 millennia

1 Like

Re: 12 Things To Say No To In Your Marriage by kjhova(m): 8:14am On Jan 19, 2022
Ladyhippolyta88:

Another lie stop boring me with rubbish.

Good to see you disregarding the experience of menfolk while campaigning hard for recognition of the female experience.

You don't want equality, no! What you seek is a feminazi world of female conquest!
Re: 12 Things To Say No To In Your Marriage by Hismasterpiece(m): 2:02pm On Jan 24, 2022
AsomArchitectNG:

This was a nice post. Well-done!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

MY Wife Left Me For Her Politician Exboyfried. / 'The Thing Just Gbawaa' Little Girl Cries Out / A Strange Woman In My Home.. How Do I Go About It??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.