Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,958 members, 7,817,817 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:18 PM

Can Someone Travel To America Without Having Any Family Or Friends Over There? - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Can Someone Travel To America Without Having Any Family Or Friends Over There? (39619 Views)

How Desperate Nigerians Seeking Asylum, Usually Lie To America & Other Countries / Which Country Can Someone Travel With 1m / Reasons I No Longer Have Interest To Relocate To America (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can Someone Travel To America Without Having Any Family Or Friends Over There? by namo77: 4:39pm On Jan 22, 2022
Student visa

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Travel To America Without Having Any Family Or Friends Over There? by Bifwoli: 4:42pm On Jan 22, 2022
ItsGoodToBeGood:
Of course, but you have to be smart, brave and ready to endure.

There is always a first person.
Yup true,life here for a beginner is very tough especially for newbie with no one to rely on .You have to learn new ways ,new thinking ,new habits...come with a blank slate,endure,be open minded.I've met lots of new comer Africans who bring their old mindset, indisciplined and with lots of baggage from their home country which doesn't work here.

Come with a new hard drive,new memory chip and new software ,so to speak.Being timely like 3-5min early for appointments or work(Africans have a bad lateness habit),have integrity and work ethic,evolve and learn,reduce your accent for better communication,be cleaner coz Americans generally think Africans are lacking in this area,embrace a maintenance/organization culture and pay every bill on time.Have extra drive/motivation and leave our chaotic culture behind.And please don't litter here like we do in our cities you'll get heavy punishment.

These are some habits that make America work well,make it richer and always look nice and pristine in pictures or videos.

12 Likes

Re: Can Someone Travel To America Without Having Any Family Or Friends Over There? by pansophist(m): 4:43pm On Jan 22, 2022
Yes, I even think its the norm. Most people travel to places even worse than America and still emerged triumphantly. Its about the person, not necessarily the location.

Many guys went to countries that don't speak English and don't even use the alphabet systems (eg Russia with its Cyrillic and China with its calligraphy) and made it big. Travelling far out of your country is one of the most challenging experiences that will reveal whether one is a hustler or not. Because no one will be there to have your back, and you also can't blame anyone.

To be irresponsible is a kinda privilege, because it means someone is carrying your weight somewhere. Going abroad leaves you exposed, vulnerable, and a true jungle out there. Hence lots of folks becomes illegal immigrants because its not easy. When you travel abroad alone, you won't have the privilege to be irresponsible.

10 Likes

Re: Can Someone Travel To America Without Having Any Family Or Friends Over There? by gassbee: 4:45pm On Jan 22, 2022
360command:
yes it is possible. Travel through studies.. be a student in America
wat is d school fees like
Re: Can Someone Travel To America Without Having Any Family Or Friends Over There? by Clementz0(m): 4:45pm On Jan 22, 2022
you have to be smart, you can go to a church probably REDEEM CHURCH OVER THERE AND ASK IF THERE'S ANYHOW THEY CAN HELP FOR ACCOMODATIONS PENDING THE TIME YOU'LL FIND A BETTER OPTION JUST GO WITH FAITH EVERYTHING WILL FALL IN LINES FOR U ... PEACE

4 Likes

Re: Can Someone Travel To America Without Having Any Family Or Friends Over There? by isukuru3(m): 4:49pm On Jan 22, 2022
Kiddwavez:
Can one travel to America without having any family or friends over there?

Good evening nairalanders, I'm seeking for y'all knowledge based on traveling overseas

I'm 26 years of age,I have ND certificate in Health Information Management and I willing to travel out of the country,it has been my dream to live in America but the issue is I neither have a family nor friends over there

Pls if any of you have any idea,I will be glad if y'all can enlighten me more about the procedure if it's possible to travel without having any relative or friends abroad.

Thanks

I don't know about the US. But I do know a course that will teach you all you need to do to get to Canada without a student visa. I had a friend who bought it last year he didn't need the help of an immigration consultant.
Chat me up using 07089593577 for more information.

Re: Can Someone Travel To America Without Having Any Family Or Friends Over There? by Gbabe2: 4:52pm On Jan 22, 2022
Gatsby:
Make sure that you live in a big city like Atlanta, Houston, Dallas, Chicago or DMV (DC, Maryland, Virginia).

Join a bug African church and be active in the singles ministry.

You will have a big network of progressive friends within 6 months.

Good luck and God bless.

Gone are the days bro. It’s always better to have a network either directly or indirectly. Bro, no be joke. If you stay for Motel 6, an average night goes for like 55 dollars depending on the city. Before your SSN go arrive sef, no be joke. Things were easier pre-pandemic. These days, no be joke to get appointment for any government establishment.
It’s possible to travel to anywhere without knowing anybody but you go see hell. I mean it. The experience is hell on earth oooo.

I am very sure that if you get money well, you won’t come here and ask this question.
My one cent is that you should try and look for one host or the other before you embark on the trip.

2 Likes

Re: Can Someone Travel To America Without Having Any Family Or Friends Over There? by Ginomel(m): 4:53pm On Jan 22, 2022
ItsGoodToBeGood:

Nigeria

You mean the same Nigeria people do their roads, fix their transformer, have street security and fund it, drill their own water, buy solar power for their homes yet you say things are free?

I'm confused here.

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Travel To America Without Having Any Family Or Friends Over There? by kurajordan(m): 4:56pm On Jan 22, 2022
Send me number to reach you on WhatsApp
nneka35kkgreec:
Hhhmmm

100 Days of Code!!!

Become a certified Software Developer before 30th April, 2022.

Join our online coding Bootcamp and become more relevant in 2022.

We have these classes:

1. Absolute beginners class #novice to ninja (HTML, CSS, JavaScript)

2. Frontend Developer CoursesadMaster JavaScript, REACT and NextJS)

3. Backend with Python or PHP

4. Mobile App Developer Course (Create Cross platform Android and iOS apps using Flutter or REACT Native)

#Our classes are flexible, practical and it's for absolute beginners with little or no experience.

*Requirements*
What you need is a laptop, desktop or smartphone.

*Entry Fee: N5,000

To enroll for any of these classes kindly send "YES" to 0 9 0 6 0 4000 96 to join our private training group.
Re: Can Someone Travel To America Without Having Any Family Or Friends Over There? by ItsGoodToBeGood: 5:00pm On Jan 22, 2022
Ginomel:

You mean the same Nigeria people do their roads, fix their transformer, have street security and fund it, drill their own water, buy solar power for their homes yet you say things are free?

I'm confused here.

grin grin grin, it's like you don't gerit.
Re: Can Someone Travel To America Without Having Any Family Or Friends Over There? by abeniagbon(m): 5:01pm On Jan 22, 2022
Kiddwavez:

Thanks so much bro,I appreciate

America no dey send you... They will milk you dry with your visa fee money.... Don't try it until you're married for the yeye language called home tie
Re: Can Someone Travel To America Without Having Any Family Or Friends Over There? by Gbabe2: 5:01pm On Jan 22, 2022
kunle75:

My answer is yes,you don't need too much money but you need to be brave,smart and disciplined to navigate through the terrain cos its tougher than naija.

Talking from personal experience

Maybe you were lucky. If for instance, the guy carry 5,000 usd and arrives at Dulles Airport without knowing anyone. It’s 12 F right now. It’s very very cold. The first thing is to arrange Uber or lyft and go bunk for one hotel. Minimum for this area is like 75 dollars. How many nights is the fella going to sleep without working before he depletes his savings of 5 k usd? Please don’t encourage people to embark journey without throwing out all information.
Again, with your non-immigrant visa, don’t start your journey without having the full gist and options. America no be Nigeria. The cold itself can kill you if care is not taken.

6 Likes

Re: Can Someone Travel To America Without Having Any Family Or Friends Over There? by smile11s(m): 5:01pm On Jan 22, 2022
Kiddwavez:
Can one travel to America without having any family or friends over there?

Good evening nairalanders, I'm seeking for y'all knowledge based on traveling overseas

I'm 26 years of age,I have ND certificate in Health Information Management and I willing to travel out of the country,it has been my dream to live in America but the issue is I neither have a family nor friends over there

Pls if any of you have any idea,I will be glad if y'all can enlighten me more about the procedure if it's possible to travel without having any relative or friends abroad.

Thanks

Yes it is possible.

You might want to read this well detailed reply here.

https://gist.am/is-it-possible-for-someone-to-travel-and-relocate-to-america-without-having-any-family-or-friends-over-there/a/2840
Re: Can Someone Travel To America Without Having Any Family Or Friends Over There? by sucreblazing(m): 5:02pm On Jan 22, 2022
1stGenAmerican:

Please name one place in the world where someone lives for free without paying any bills.

Libya.... No light Bill, no water bill and no waste bill. Just pay your rent, that's all
Re: Can Someone Travel To America Without Having Any Family Or Friends Over There? by ItsGoodToBeGood: 5:04pm On Jan 22, 2022
Bifwoli:
Yup true,life here for a beginner is very tough especially for newbie with no one to rely on .You have to learn new ways ,new thinking ,new habits...come with a blank slate,endure,be open minded.I've met lots of new comer Africans who bring their old mindset, indisciplined and with lots of baggage from their home country which doesn't work here.

Come with a new hard drive,new memory chip and new software ,so to speak.Being timely like 3-5min early for appointments or work(Africans have a bad lateness habit),have integrity and work ethic,evolve and learn,reduce your accent for better communication,be cleaner coz Americans generally think Africans are lacking in this area,embrace a maintenance/organization culture and pay every bill on time.Have extra drive/motivation and leave our chaotic culture behind.And please don't litter here like we do in our cities you'll get heavy punishment.

These are some habits that make America work well,make it richer and always look nice and pristine in pictures or videos.

On point. Thumbs up

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Travel To America Without Having Any Family Or Friends Over There? by Kaiser20: 5:04pm On Jan 22, 2022
OP and all the prospective japa teams on Nairaland, endure till 2023 please.
When Tinubu becomes president you don't need to travel. Nigeria will be better than Canada.
He will pay 100k every month as unemployment benefits, 22-55years
We will open our windows and doors while sleeping, no more insecurity
WAEC and university tuition free for citizens 10- 26 years
24 hrs gauranteed power supply.
Low interest loans up to 10 million naira for each youths farmers without collateral.
Free healthcare for workers and families
#50k monthly social security and welfare benefits for physically and mentally challenged.
Re: Can Someone Travel To America Without Having Any Family Or Friends Over There? by ednut1(m): 5:05pm On Jan 22, 2022
ajericho:

I'm wondering if the marriage way is very sure
where to see person marry na one wahala, another one is convincing them it’s genuine. Nothing in life is sure

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Travel To America Without Having Any Family Or Friends Over There? by almujeebe(m): 5:06pm On Jan 22, 2022
Justinlean02:
I have a contact in San Mateo and she can help you with job too, owns a Cleaning services.
Check your mail. Let’s discuss
Re: Can Someone Travel To America Without Having Any Family Or Friends Over There? by jrusky(m): 5:08pm On Jan 22, 2022
Pls don't try it I repeat don't try it.
Re: Can Someone Travel To America Without Having Any Family Or Friends Over There? by Gbabe2: 5:09pm On Jan 22, 2022
Kaiser20:
OP and all the prospective japa teams on Nairaland, endure till 2023 please.
When Tinubu becomes president you don't need to travel. Nigeria will be better than Canada.
He will pay 100k every month as unemployment benefits, 22-55years
We will open our windows and doors while sleeping, no more insecurity
WAEC and university tuition free for citizens 10- 26 years
24 hrs gauranteed

power supply.
Low interest loans up to 10 million naira for each youths farmers without collateral.
Free healthcare for workers and families
#50k monthly social security and welfare benefits for physically and mentally challenged.

And who is Tinubu?
Re: Can Someone Travel To America Without Having Any Family Or Friends Over There? by ajericho(m): 5:09pm On Jan 22, 2022
ednut1:
where to see person marry na one wahala, another one is convincing them it’s genuine. Nothing in life is sure

Sure
Re: Can Someone Travel To America Without Having Any Family Or Friends Over There? by Ginomel(m): 5:10pm On Jan 22, 2022
ItsGoodToBeGood:

grin grin grin, it's like you don't gerit.

Now I got the sarcasm. cool
Re: Can Someone Travel To America Without Having Any Family Or Friends Over There? by jrusky(m): 5:10pm On Jan 22, 2022
Pls don't try it.
Re: Can Someone Travel To America Without Having Any Family Or Friends Over There? by almujeebe(m): 5:13pm On Jan 22, 2022
Octosix:
Whenever you ready I will accommodate you for just 60days for u to get ur bearings nd job after which u get urself a room nd sort ur bills.

What state are you?
Re: Can Someone Travel To America Without Having Any Family Or Friends Over There? by HaykynLibra: 5:24pm On Jan 22, 2022
Lol.. See as u dey whine am..
ItsGoodToBeGood:

Yes, have you been paying?
Re: Can Someone Travel To America Without Having Any Family Or Friends Over There? by tit(f): 5:25pm On Jan 22, 2022
No.
If them no born you for American, you cannot go there again.
Racist white supremacists in power chang that law.
Re: Can Someone Travel To America Without Having Any Family Or Friends Over There? by everythinggirly(f): 5:27pm On Jan 22, 2022
Everything is possible, make sure you have enough cash.
Re: Can Someone Travel To America Without Having Any Family Or Friends Over There? by Yankee101: 5:28pm On Jan 22, 2022
Yes

You can apply for schools
Re: Can Someone Travel To America Without Having Any Family Or Friends Over There? by CountLaka(m): 5:32pm On Jan 22, 2022
And who was the first dude?

ItsGoodToBeGood:
Of course, but you have to be smart, brave and ready to endure.

There is always a first person.
Re: Can Someone Travel To America Without Having Any Family Or Friends Over There? by kunle75(m): 5:34pm On Jan 22, 2022
Gbabe2:

Maybe you were lucky. If for instance, the guy carry 5,000 usd and arrives at Dulles Airport without knowing anyone. It’s 12 F right now. It’s very very cold. The first thing is to arrange Uber or lyft and go bunk for one hotel. Minimum for this area is like 75 dollars. How many nights is the fella going to sleep without working before he depletes his savings of 5 k usd? Please don’t encourage people to embark journey without throwing out all information.
Again, with your non-immigrant visa, don’t start your journey without having the full gist and options. America no be Nigeria. The cold itself can kill you if care is not taken.

My brother, because you don't know something doesn't meant its not possible.
Its -12f now in Minneapolis so what are you saying, I don't Gerrit,I said earlier been brave and smart is key.
Its very possible am talking base on personal experience, and this is cyber space,you don't expect me to yarn opkaka here anyhow,and its my sincere opinion too you don't have to believe me.
Re: Can Someone Travel To America Without Having Any Family Or Friends Over There? by ItsGoodToBeGood: 5:36pm On Jan 22, 2022
HaykynLibra:
Lol.. See as u dey whine am..

grin grin grin
Re: Can Someone Travel To America Without Having Any Family Or Friends Over There? by ItsGoodToBeGood: 5:38pm On Jan 22, 2022
CountLaka:
And who was the first dude?

Read the comment again

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Kurudu-Nasarawa Bridge Along Abaji-Nasarawa Highway Collapses / A Nairalander's Visit To Knowsley Safari Park In Liverpool / Vehicle Conveying A Corpse Catches Fire Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.