Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,705 members, 7,827,578 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:52 PM

Can Someone Travel To America Without Having Any Family Or Friends Over There? - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Can Someone Travel To America Without Having Any Family Or Friends Over There? (39668 Views)

How Desperate Nigerians Seeking Asylum, Usually Lie To America & Other Countries / Which Country Can Someone Travel With 1m / Reasons I No Longer Have Interest To Relocate To America (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can Someone Travel To America Without Having Any Family Or Friends Over There? by Octosix: 5:40pm On Jan 22, 2022
Am here in Brooklyn New York bro,I dont care ur tribe language or state as long as u re from Nigeria then you re covered for 60days accommodation nd feeding

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Someone Travel To America Without Having Any Family Or Friends Over There? by Starz825(m): 5:42pm On Jan 22, 2022
dodoatirice:
My grand papa do mistake say dem born am for this naija, e ckme do mistake born my papa for this naija,
My papa come do mistake born me for naija,
Meself come do mistake born 2 pikin for naija.
But na ontop my head the poverty tradition go stop.
Me i don do the mistake, but i go do the correction.
Na wetin dem my papa no do be that.
As you can see your grand pa, your papa and mine did same mistake but me and you no go follow do same mistake born for this country...
Ain't giving birth until I leave this country...that's the best thing you can give your unborn child....

3 Likes

Re: Can Someone Travel To America Without Having Any Family Or Friends Over There? by PrinceHenryUtan: 5:47pm On Jan 22, 2022
Inasmuch as you have enough money on you with the good explanation of reasons as to why you want to go there ......you can go.
Re: Can Someone Travel To America Without Having Any Family Or Friends Over There? by Mystic969: 5:50pm On Jan 22, 2022
Dialpad:
Yes you can, but have proper plans. It's not as easy as it sounds, the reality is that you will find it tough at the early stages.

Don't come empty handed !!! Save some money that can sustain you for some time.

I left Nigeria over 2 decades ago to the US, didn't know anyone. Traveled with just one bag lol

Today I have moved back to Nigeria,no where like home.

Why did you come back sir?
Re: Can Someone Travel To America Without Having Any Family Or Friends Over There? by Olayetan(m): 5:50pm On Jan 22, 2022
ajericho:

I'm wondering if the marriage way is very sure

It was but kinda tedious now...
Re: Can Someone Travel To America Without Having Any Family Or Friends Over There? by NaijaCover(m): 5:56pm On Jan 22, 2022
Totilopussylick:
Me I'm in Germany.

I no no anybody

I no get relation

But I'm surviving �.

Funny you oooooo
Re: Can Someone Travel To America Without Having Any Family Or Friends Over There? by Olayetan(m): 5:56pm On Jan 22, 2022
OP, the only way you can go without having any relative over there is through studies and that may cost you like 6m upward cuz you will have to pay for the 1st year tuition fee...

Anyother way to live and work there, you will need a letter from someone living there, stating, he/she will be responsible for your accommodation, feeding and bills.

2 Likes

Re: Can Someone Travel To America Without Having Any Family Or Friends Over There? by HIPROFILE(m): 5:58pm On Jan 22, 2022
1stGenAmerican:

So one doesn’t pay rent, mortgage, electricity, etc.? One can have a roof over his head, power, food, water, gas, and never pay for anything?

Please shed more light on this cos am not understanding... living free in nigeria void of spending money? hmm

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Travel To America Without Having Any Family Or Friends Over There? by Annabelposh(f): 6:09pm On Jan 22, 2022
Justinlean02:
I have a contact in San Mateo and she can help you with job too, owns a Cleaning services.
Re: Can Someone Travel To America Without Having Any Family Or Friends Over There? by Dialpad: 6:09pm On Jan 22, 2022
Nigeria is a country filled with so many opportunities, I tapped into it and have not had any regrets. It's well over 10 years now.

Although I travel back as frequently as possible, you know Nigeria can be crazy sometimes.

Mystic969:

Why did you come back sir?

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Travel To America Without Having Any Family Or Friends Over There? by ajericho(m): 6:19pm On Jan 22, 2022
Olayetan:

It was but kinda tedious now...

Whaala
Re: Can Someone Travel To America Without Having Any Family Or Friends Over There? by BabaCommander: 6:22pm On Jan 22, 2022
MemoriesAndMe:
Yes you can travel to any country as a visitor without having anyone there. However, the embassies look at you financial worth first. They do not want folks to end up as "public charge" in their countries.

So if you have proofs that you are doing well in Nigeria and have no reasons not to return to Nigeria, married with kids etc, they will consider giving you a visa versus a broke person with no money, no property, no family etc in Nigeria. They will just suspect such a person won't return to Nigeria if they grant him a visa.

I got 3 kids, youngest is 1yr 9mnts old.
Haves some cash of appros 7k savings and making an average of 1.3k monthly.

What's likely my chance? Going with the kids and the missus of course.

Savings and earnings are in $USD

Thanks in advance.
Re: Can Someone Travel To America Without Having Any Family Or Friends Over There? by 360command: 6:25pm On Jan 22, 2022
gassbee:
wat is d school fees like
college should be about 6000 to 11,000 dollars year. University should be about 18,000 to 30,000 dollars a year.
It depends on the school (public or private) and what you are applying .
Re: Can Someone Travel To America Without Having Any Family Or Friends Over There? by Lamexx(m): 6:44pm On Jan 22, 2022
Yeyeoldman:
Same Naija that have Dangote, Otedola, Adenuga and countless successful men and women who were born and brought up here. No hustle ooo... Keep blaming your ancestors and waiting for a saviour... Only you can emancipate yourself from the strong grip of poverty... no country, place or person on earth can save you... You and you alone...

I hate it when people like you use Dangote, Otedola and adenuga as your yardstick for success. These guys are part of the problems in Nigeria. They have monopolized every f**king industry in Nigeria and killed competition at the same time. The ease of doing business is at its lowest and you cannot follow their blueprint to wealth. Atleast in the US, we see successful enterpreneur and we can follow their blueprints and still achieve success. The CEO's of top tech companies in the US are mostly foreigners. Heck you can't even get a job in DPR or NNPC in your own country because your name doesn't sound fulani or you don't know anybody in the Presidency.

Anybody that have ears listen, if you have a way of traveling to the US for studies or whatever.... just do it. The US is a land of opportunity if you have the right qualifications and work documentation....heck even if you are just hardworking alone, you go still make am. it would not be easy at first but you will make it as long as you have determination.

6 Likes

Re: Can Someone Travel To America Without Having Any Family Or Friends Over There? by MemoriesAndMe: 6:51pm On Jan 22, 2022
BabaCommander:

I got 3 kids, youngest is 1yr 9mnts old.
Haves some cash of appros 7k savings and making an average of 1.3k monthly.

What's likely my chance? Going with the kids and the missus of course.

Savings and earnings are in $USD

Thanks in advance.

Do you mean $7k or N7k? No one can actually say if a certain amount is enough. I just know embassies look at how your income come into your account, just something to prove u won't have to rely on their governments for help when u arrive.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can Someone Travel To America Without Having Any Family Or Friends Over There? by KarinaLove(f): 6:51pm On Jan 22, 2022
Someone should help me find out how much RN's (Registered Nurses) make in America.

Help me ask ur family members over there.

I want to check something.

Thank you.
Re: Can Someone Travel To America Without Having Any Family Or Friends Over There? by linearity: 6:52pm On Jan 22, 2022
Yes, student visa or marriage to a US citizen or permanent resident is more likely.

However, visitor visa is still viable e.g. attending conferences, tourism, etc.

But in all cases except for marriage, make to have a strong tie to Nigeria that will overcome the doubts of your interviewer that you are an intended migrate.
Re: Can Someone Travel To America Without Having Any Family Or Friends Over There? by geechy: 6:53pm On Jan 22, 2022
Justinlean02:
I have a contact in San Mateo and she can help you with job too, owns a Cleaning services.

Hey
can I do you a mail
Re: Can Someone Travel To America Without Having Any Family Or Friends Over There? by MonsterLoader: 6:58pm On Jan 22, 2022
Kennyxchange:
Actively buying PayPal funds and other funds at juicy rate. Payment are made with the speed of light.

Comrade why grin
Re: Can Someone Travel To America Without Having Any Family Or Friends Over There? by abbey621(m): 6:59pm On Jan 22, 2022
Do you want easy way or the hard way? I'll be frank with you, if you don't have at least 25,000 -30,000 US Dollars, don't even think about relocating to the USA at this point. Due to Covid and harsh economic realities, most people will not assist you, 90% of products and services are now more expensive and the ultimate goal which is to get your papers by marrying a U.S citizen will cost you at least $12,000 to $20,000. Everything in life requires careful planning and prayer, some people are more lucky than others but my nigga make your own luck by being prepared.

America is big and diverse, if you choose a state like South Dakota or Wyoming instead of Texas or Georgia, my guy you might find yourself spending 10 years with nobody to ginger you. Comically, if you also choose New York or Chicago be prepared to spend 3 times as much as you would when compared to places like Alabama, Tennessee and Georgia. I repeat, plan well well make you no fall yakata.....May the gods be with you!

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can Someone Travel To America Without Having Any Family Or Friends Over There? by BabaCommander: 7:01pm On Jan 22, 2022
MemoriesAndMe:

Do you mean $7k or N7k? No one can actually say if a certain amount is enough. I just know embassies look at how your income come into your account, just something to prove u won't have to rely on their governments for help when u arrive.

The saving is $7k. And an average of $1,300 as monthly earnings. I was thinking it would be better to get the savings to $10k, and an $3k per month earnings. That would certainly help to get by even in American standard.

Thanks for your time.
Re: Can Someone Travel To America Without Having Any Family Or Friends Over There? by Kaypick2: 7:09pm On Jan 22, 2022
Kiddwavez:
Can one travel to America without having any family or friends over there?

Good evening nairalanders, I'm seeking for y'all knowledge based on traveling overseas

I'm 26 years of age,I have ND certificate in Health Information Management and I willing to travel out of the country,it has been my dream to live in America but the issue is I neither have a family nor friends over there

Pls if any of you have any idea,I will be glad if y'all can enlighten me more about the procedure if it's possible to travel without having any relative or friends abroad.

Thanks

Bro I will advise you to have at lease a contact before travel because Americans don’t accommodate people for long, max a week after that they will start giving ur attitude. If you are not there you can’t tell the story

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Travel To America Without Having Any Family Or Friends Over There? by Nobody: 7:17pm On Jan 22, 2022
Hate it or like it, it changes. Objective fact will can never and will never be changed just to make you happy. Every day you go to bed hungry, broke and frustrated, hundreds of millionaires are born in Nigeria. Identify a problem and proffer a unique solution and see your bank account officer call you for once in your life. Do you even know your bank account officer? Think about that for a moment.

You are not poor because you are in Nigeria. You are poor because you are worthless to the society. There is no two ways about this. There are millions of foreigners in the US & US citizens too who are broke, homeless and go to bed hungry every other day. Dangote and et al are not your problem. You are your own problem. It's unfortunate how most Nigerians reason. They believe Bsc or HND should automatically make them rich. What makes you think a not so useful man in Nigeria will become a great problem solver in the US beats me. Nigeria is a land of opportunities and a country where just about anyone can become rich without any hindrance if you know what you are doing.

There are always and will always be privileged families in every nation of the Earth. Your rise to the top is your responsibility. Against all odds you must strive to get to the top. Maybe 2 or 3 generations from now your family will be added to the privileged list. Shut up and hustle hard. Stop running from country to Country before you leave end up in jail because out of desperation you did the unthinkable!!!

Lamexx:

I hate it when people like you use Dangote, Otedola and adenuga as your yardstick for success. These guys are part of the problems in Nigeria. They have monopolized every f**king industry in Nigeria and killed competition at the same time. The ease of doing business is at its lowest and you cannot follow their blueprint to wealth. Atleast in the US, we see successful enterpreneur and we can follow their blueprints and still achieve success. The CEO's of top tech companies in the US are mostly foreigners. Heck you can't even get a job in DPR or NNPC in your own country because your name doesn't sound fulani or you don't know anybody in the Presidency.

Anybody that have ears listen, if you have a way of traveling to the US for studies or whatever.... just do it. The US is a land of opportunity if you have the right qualifications and work documentation....heck even if you are just hardworking alone, you go still make am. it would not be easy at first but you will make it as long as you have determination.

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Travel To America Without Having Any Family Or Friends Over There? by Exedyne: 7:23pm On Jan 22, 2022
anif009:
I’ll advise maybe you should try student visa. That’ will be very easy and moreover, there is no favorable interview date for tourist visa for now

He better not waste his money

There's no permanent residency visas for Nigerians for now

Them never comot the ban since 2016 wey Trump put am

If he wan use student visa permanent himself, Na to check country wey dey allow permanent residency after studies ooo make you no go waste money

If he use student visa enter, when he finish them go pursue am back here.

Not to talk of the tuition money. Op, try Canada if you have money for university.

If you ask me, it's better to try UK. To enter US now no easy. Only viable routes for Nigerians now Na work and marriage.

UK get different kind visas, and the ticket no cost.

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Travel To America Without Having Any Family Or Friends Over There? by Kwestionair: 7:24pm On Jan 22, 2022
Dialpad:
Nigeria is a country filled with so many opportunities, I tapped into it and have not had any regrets. It's well over 10 years now.

Although I travel back as frequently as possible, you know Nigeria can be crazy sometimes.

Now you’re talking at the boldened… The best thing is invest more in Nigeria and come back once in a while to monitor it and also go to America to hustle money to put inside your investments.
Re: Can Someone Travel To America Without Having Any Family Or Friends Over There? by Nobody: 7:38pm On Jan 22, 2022
How ?

GoodHardDick:
Yes bro, but make sure you go with lots of money. angry One pays bills for almost everything over there!!
Re: Can Someone Travel To America Without Having Any Family Or Friends Over There? by MemoriesAndMe: 7:41pm On Jan 22, 2022
BabaCommander:

The saving is $7k. And an average of $1,300 as monthly earnings. I was thinking it would be better to get the savings to $10k, and an $3k per month earnings. That would certainly help to get by even in American standard.

Thanks for your time.

Honestly, I think your savings is still not quite there yet. Just flight and tickets for you and your family will consume most of it. I think you may need to work some more on growing it and may be focus on yourself first. After getting situated in the US, you consider bringing your wife and kids.

That you made it to the US on a visitors visa only means the journey just started, because you will need time and some efforts to be able to work legally.

Hope that helps.
Re: Can Someone Travel To America Without Having Any Family Or Friends Over There? by Omololaeni(f): 7:45pm On Jan 22, 2022
jubundi:
It is not compulsory to have friends or relatives in the United States before you can travel but you must definitely have a contact person in the United States before you can travel there. In fact one of the questions the consular officers ask during visa interview is do you know anybody in the United States? If your answer is no, it reduces your chances of getting American visa.
����
Re: Can Someone Travel To America Without Having Any Family Or Friends Over There? by Charx122: 7:50pm On Jan 22, 2022
Kiddwavez:
Can one travel to America without having any family or friends over there?

Good evening nairalanders, I'm seeking for y'all knowledge based on traveling overseas

I'm 26 years of age,I have ND certificate in Health Information Management and I willing to travel out of the country,it has been my dream to live in America but the issue is I neither have a family nor friends over there

Pls if any of you have any idea,I will be glad if y'all can enlighten me more about the procedure if it's possible to travel without having any relative or friends abroad.

Thanks

Guy from the Airport please no go dey look like JJC o!
Re: Can Someone Travel To America Without Having Any Family Or Friends Over There? by objobj: 8:01pm On Jan 22, 2022
Octosix:
Am here in Brooklyn New York bro,I dont care ur tribe language or state as long as u re from Nigeria then you re covered for 60days accommodation nd feeding

Some people are still good. God bless your generation Sir.
Your spirit inspires many people . It has inspired me.

The way Nigeria has degenerated along tribal, ethnic and religious line. I fear for my children future atimes.
Re: Can Someone Travel To America Without Having Any Family Or Friends Over There? by ddemillie(m): 8:18pm On Jan 22, 2022
ItsGoodToBeGood:

Yes, have you been paying?

Most people think we don't really pay for things in this Nigeria but if you look well you will realize we pay a very big price for the nonsense available.
Re: Can Someone Travel To America Without Having Any Family Or Friends Over There? by quickly: 8:19pm On Jan 22, 2022
BabaCommander:

Thanks for your time.

That 1300$ na one month rent if u stay in hotel na 2-3 weeks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

10 Things Nigerians Are Doing Better Than Other Africans / It’s Getting Harder To Move Out Of This Country Nowadays / Co-Pilot Storms Out Of Cockpit After He Had An Argument With Pilot (Pics, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.