Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,735 members, 7,817,026 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:23 PM

My Wife Is Not Interested In Relocating Abroad! - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wife Is Not Interested In Relocating Abroad! (32689 Views)

My Wife Is Not Interested In Sex Anymore / My Wife Is Adulterous: Advice Needed-long Post / My Wife Is A Good Woman But Hates Sex After Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Wife Is Not Interested In Relocating Abroad! by bigcee(m): 9:29am On Jan 17, 2022
ednut1:
The bsc and msc landed her housewife role for 11 years. Now you saying phd. Who will give her phd admission seeing her 11years of doing nothing. Mr man dey use brain na. A woman who is used to be provided for you want her to go struggle and hustle abroad smh
God bless you cool
Re: My Wife Is Not Interested In Relocating Abroad! by dominique(f): 9:29am On Jan 17, 2022
Why PhD abroad, why not in Nigeria? If you're not in research or academia, PhD is not needed. Why not encourage her to get some professional certifications or even an MBA. But the questions still remains, why do you suddenly want her out of the country?

1 Like

Re: My Wife Is Not Interested In Relocating Abroad! by greenie77: 9:30am On Jan 17, 2022
Mamayam:

Go do DNA test for your children.

Do you father have your DNA test result?
Re: My Wife Is Not Interested In Relocating Abroad! by michlins(m): 9:35am On Jan 17, 2022
Ungodly:
you can’t discuss everything before you get married… not possible
yes you can't discuss everything before getting married.

But you see genotype and career goals, those are what you must discuss

1 Like

Re: My Wife Is Not Interested In Relocating Abroad! by Chidex50(m): 9:35am On Jan 17, 2022
Don't force her against her wish coz you'll be the one to regret it.Open a good business for her here so that she can as well have time for the family. ONCE IN A WHILE BOTH OF YOU CAN TRAVEL FOR HOLIDAYS,WITH THAT YOU CAN AS WELL EXPLORE THE NEW ENVIRONMENT.
Re: My Wife Is Not Interested In Relocating Abroad! by sharone21(f): 9:35am On Jan 17, 2022
Problem is that u didn't discuss this before marriage... Your good intention happened after u married.

If she can't go, no problem...Just don't make same mistake with the kids, ensure that whether they do 1st degree in Nigeria or not, they ought to jet out maybe through school or other means.

Your kids can always file for you and wife whether u make abroad your permanent base or just a vacation spot.
Peace.
Re: My Wife Is Not Interested In Relocating Abroad! by dapsoneh: 9:37am On Jan 17, 2022
Realchairmann:
This is kinda confusing to me. I've been married to my beloveth wife for 11 years and counting. God has blessed us with three kids of ten, four and a year old. We are having a wonderful Union and time of our lifes.

For sometime now, I've been nurturing the idea of relocating abroad. My wife has BSc and MSc in Microbiology but has been jobless since she concluded her NYSC the year we got married. I'm ready to sponsor her for PHD to any country of her choice to pave way for I and the kids to follow later.

However, she has turned me down whenever I brought up the issue. Her response is always tied around the bond we share and that she can't just leave her kids and travel abroad.

I have a good paying job but I really want her to explore her potentials too. She's a very good wife and an excellent mother but I'm confused why she's skeptical about leaving this Country.

Or am I the one taking too much risk?
she is skeptical about leaving the country cos you have a good paying job.. You sound rich and no woman will want to leave her comfort zone... You need a lot of persuasions for her to heed
Re: My Wife Is Not Interested In Relocating Abroad! by Mamayam: 9:37am On Jan 17, 2022
greenie77:

Do you father have your DNA test result?
Lol. I too resemble am.
You know, you need DNA test to move your kids abroad. If fit be wetin she dey avoid.
Re: My Wife Is Not Interested In Relocating Abroad! by DEMZEE(m): 9:39am On Jan 17, 2022
Realchairmann:
This is kinda confusing to me. I've been married to my beloveth wife for 11 years and counting. God has blessed us with three kids of ten, four and a year old. We are having a wonderful Union and time of our lifes.

For sometime now, I've been nurturing the idea of relocating abroad. My wife has BSc and MSc in Microbiology but has been jobless since she concluded her NYSC the year we got married. I'm ready to sponsor her for PHD to any country of her choice to pave way for I and the kids to follow later.

However, she has turned me down whenever I brought up the issue. Her response is always tied around the bond we share and that she can't just leave her kids and travel abroad.

I have a good paying job but I really want her to explore her potentials too. She's a very good wife and an excellent mother but I'm confused why she's skeptical about leaving this Country.

U sha want ur wife to tap into her hypergamy, go abroad and divorce rape u there

I don't know why you want ur wife to be masculine

Leaver her alone ahhhh!
Re: My Wife Is Not Interested In Relocating Abroad! by Munzy14(m): 9:39am On Jan 17, 2022
Realchairmann:

Some guys sef lipsrsealed

God will give you a good woman, you still want to use your hand to turn her to what she isn't undecided

If she desire to teach, why not she pick up a teaching Job with a secondary school and build a career while you sponsor her PhD and look for a connection to see to her smooth transition from a secondary school teacher to a university lecturer.

A wife cannot leave her kids, husband who have been her source of joy and happiness to go and search for greener pastures overseas...Only ashawo wife and one who is just being with you for the time will agree to such arrangement..Or these our online feminists/diamond harvesters.. grin

Congrats! You married one among the few wives/mothers on earth...She is even contented sef...kudos.

See to her exploring the opportunities here...Make friends wil those in the university teaching field..And get her a mentor.

Everything will be fine as you are retiring from Job, she is climbing her lecturing or any other employment peak..And the kids will not lack.

If anyone needs to travel, it's you.
Re: My Wife Is Not Interested In Relocating Abroad! by lucro: 9:39am On Jan 17, 2022
Realchairmann:

I find myself in a similar situation but with a little twist (I am not inclined to relocating abroad).

I do want my wife to go for further studies abroad to help with the kids schooling (if they choose to study abroad), but (like your wife) she is reluctant because of the wonderful bond we share. I understand her position and we are currently trying to see how we can reach a compromise. I am not sure what that is yet but it is something we are working on. If you find a workable solution, maybe you could share and help me learn from your experience.
Re: My Wife Is Not Interested In Relocating Abroad! by AgentGoat: 9:40am On Jan 17, 2022
She's not interested. Let her be before the matter turn to fight which is very bad.
Re: My Wife Is Not Interested In Relocating Abroad! by Newboss(m): 9:40am On Jan 17, 2022
Her reason is right there in your write up. That moment question comes with answer
Re: My Wife Is Not Interested In Relocating Abroad! by TheGift: 9:41am On Jan 17, 2022
Realchairmann:

She doesn’t want to be away from the folks She loves just for another piece of paper, that may not guarantee a job.

She loves Her primary job, which is Her family.

Abroad no dey shak everybody like that.

Why is that so hard for you too understand?
Re: My Wife Is Not Interested In Relocating Abroad! by nihinlade(m): 9:41am On Jan 17, 2022
Why am I just posting here! You wife is like me. I am not a freak of abroad relocation. I have my reasons and my wife and my cousin don't understand. Though my wife is ok with it but my cousin and recently one church member is disturbing her. All these just because she is a nurse.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Is Not Interested In Relocating Abroad! by IDERAWOLE(m): 9:43am On Jan 17, 2022
Realchairmann:

Oga, madam is afraid of another woman taking over her home and husband. She's suspicious of your motives. Women are highly intuitive like no man's business.

What potential does she have that can't be explored with two degrees?

Ask her, what does she want, not what you think she wants.
Re: My Wife Is Not Interested In Relocating Abroad! by sassiemyk: 9:45am On Jan 17, 2022
You married a heaven sent wife. No go use ur hand scatter your life. Stay where you are. If you want to see places arrange for family vacations annually. Better respect her choices.
Re: My Wife Is Not Interested In Relocating Abroad! by Bouncin(m): 9:46am On Jan 17, 2022
Some people and broad sef undecided, must you live abroad? If she doesn't want to travel and has no job here can't you just establish a standard business for her here since you have a well paying job? God go just bless person, person go wan turn am to curse ni. Do you even know the danger of her living for abroad alone? You are just endangering your wonderful family. I wish you well though.
Re: My Wife Is Not Interested In Relocating Abroad! by Haq147(m): 9:46am On Jan 17, 2022
I think she really values the family than any other thing, it's better you find alternative.

meanwhile you can get a free book on how to relocate to Canada, for first 20 people only.

click the link on my signature
Re: My Wife Is Not Interested In Relocating Abroad! by sulem4u: 9:47am On Jan 17, 2022
...your wife actually choose your family over her career and academic qualifications...alot of married going abroad to advance their career actually paid a premium prices detrimental to their marriage....you get it....if u don't get it....forget about it....lol
Re: My Wife Is Not Interested In Relocating Abroad! by omonla10(m): 9:47am On Jan 17, 2022
Tell her it's not about her but the kids. They have a more secured future abroad than in naija. She's just the means to an end.. The end, being the kids having world class free education till high school..
Re: My Wife Is Not Interested In Relocating Abroad! by Ungodly: 9:49am On Jan 17, 2022
michlins:
yes you can't discuss everything before getting married.

But you see genotype and career goals, those are what you must discuss
understandably, In as much as it is very important to discuss things like that in marriage… but I still firmly believe issues will still come up in a marriage about things not discussed too. I think the Op is the one trying to take too much risk here, he wanted a career woman and her woman holds a Bsc and a MSc certificate, she has tried enough… considering the fact that she doesn’t want to leave her kids behind too. That is a very valid reason not to go. He should let the woman be biko. If he wants her to go for a phd so she could explore her full potentials, Then he should tell us the essence of the said potentials when she hasn’t even explore out of the potentials with the Bsc and MSc certificate.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Is Not Interested In Relocating Abroad! by sunkieisland(m): 9:49am On Jan 17, 2022
the person that has head has no cap and vice versa.

bro, I wish I were in your shoes, my wife would have forgotten that we talked about the matter.

Na money dey hold me

1 Like

Re: My Wife Is Not Interested In Relocating Abroad! by kfrosh: 9:50am On Jan 17, 2022
Number one, you make it sound as if PhD is an easy fit. Anyone who is not interested in academia would never want to go for a PhD. It looks more like you shipping her to a foreign land for your own selfish benefits, even though I know this is not the case. If you really want to relocate your family as a whole and you want your wife to oblige, you guys have to go together *as a family*. It's all shades of wrong to push her to go do something she's not interested in with her family not right beside her.

Also, for someone who hasn't worked for 11 years, she would have grown lazy over time and less motivated to do other things than to take care of her family. So just dead the idea or better still, y'all relocate together.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Is Not Interested In Relocating Abroad! by greenie77: 9:50am On Jan 17, 2022
Mamayam:

Lol. I too resemble am.
You know, you need DNA test to move your kids abroad. If fit be wetin she dey avoid.

If she is going for example to the UK (which is more like the easiest to get admitted into) for her Doctoral studies, DNA tests is not required for the kids to go with her as what is required by UK Visa and Immigration is their birth certificates and letter of consent from both parents that they agree on the kids traveling.
Re: My Wife Is Not Interested In Relocating Abroad! by Willie2015: 9:51am On Jan 17, 2022
uthlaw:
there is different between what a man sow and prayer...if prayer works on everything,Nigeria is the most worshipped nation and poverty capital of the world...we contribute money to build churches worth billions of naira and we go back to that church for prayers to get a job...do you think sense is common in that!

No difference.

When you pray, you are sowing a seed of prayer....

Prayer works on everything, Bros....

Its simple suicide to use common sense to analyse the supernatural realms....

The Isrealites (Gods chosen people used over 400 years in Egypt as[b] Slaves[/b]....

Is the hand of God to short to save them in a day.....

Or his ears to dull to hear their prayers ....

1 Like

Re: My Wife Is Not Interested In Relocating Abroad! by marv1: 9:52am On Jan 17, 2022
She is right. What God has joined together let nothing out asunder. She can go for her second or third degree education here in Nigeria but not outside. It may jeopardize the marriage later in life while she is away. Bitter truth.

Realchairmann:

Re: My Wife Is Not Interested In Relocating Abroad! by Ogaboss44(m): 9:53am On Jan 17, 2022
undecided she's probably sampling one d**k here in Nigeria , and anytime she remembers the sweet moment she doesn't wanna live
Re: My Wife Is Not Interested In Relocating Abroad! by uthlaw: 9:58am On Jan 17, 2022
DarkJeddi:
I take it you are not married?

Marriages doesn't work that way..

It's a two way thing..

The husband can't just upped and leave with the children..

He has a happy marriage going on..

You expect him to just tear it apart and move on?
we are talking about success and betterment of the children future, you are talking about happy marriage, does that secure the future for the children... Abeg forget about this over hyped saga called marriage!
Re: My Wife Is Not Interested In Relocating Abroad! by drnoel: 9:59am On Jan 17, 2022
Realchairmann:

Doing a PhD abroad doesn't necessarily means relocation. I just had to put that out there.
Re: My Wife Is Not Interested In Relocating Abroad! by cowmanager2000: 10:00am On Jan 17, 2022
Realchairmann:

* I will rather advice you now that you have a ‘good paying’ job and a bank account details to match to find your path abroad
* reason as you know .. Nigeria ‘system is dwindling’
* why on earth will u ask your wife to move abroad while you are in Nigeria? Not the best way Man!
* who takes care of the kids?
* who takes care of you too? And you know you can’t survive’ it within a month()
* if you truly love your wife and you cherish your marriage .. that’s not the way to go
* if u can’t leave ur job for abroad then let her start the PhD in Nigeria
One day .. the certificates will sell! PhD is PhD anywhere in the world
Re: My Wife Is Not Interested In Relocating Abroad! by 123papas(m): 10:00am On Jan 17, 2022
She is not jobless Sir. Taking care of the home is a lot of work. Please appreciate her.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Man Puts Self For Sale After Hospital Detained Wife, Babies Over N4.5m Unpaid Bi / Mentally-Unstable Woman Seen With Her Baby Wondering In Ogba, Lagos / Are Opposite-sex Friendships Okay In Marriage?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.