Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,773 members, 7,809,980 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:11 PM

Tennis: Wimbledon 2011 - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Tennis: Wimbledon 2011 (8026 Views)

Poll: Who Wins The Men's Title?

Rafael Nadal: 41% (10 votes)
Novak Djokovic: 25% (6 votes)
Roger Federer: 25% (6 votes)
Andy Murray: 8% (2 votes)
Other: 0% (0 votes)
This poll has ended

Murray Beats Djokovic To Win Wimbledon / Rafael Nadal Knocked-out Of Wimbledon 2013 In 1st Round Match / Tennis: Wimbledon 2007 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tennis: Wimbledon 2011 by Iysayah(m): 8:14pm On Jun 27, 2011
davidylan:

then you havent been watching any tennis. He was downright diabolical in his first Rome masters match this year to Paolo Lorenzi.

His forehand is firing, he's only up against an equally good retriever.
i didnt follow that. thank God i didnt, might be in the hospital then with hyper blood flow! wink
Re: Tennis: Wimbledon 2011 by Nobody: 8:15pm On Jun 27, 2011
I already made up my mind that any of the top 4 can win here . . . these guys are just too good.
Re: Tennis: Wimbledon 2011 by A40(m): 8:19pm On Jun 27, 2011
Nadal's footwork would be his only Hope tonight. Tie break time
Re: Tennis: Wimbledon 2011 by Iysayah(m): 8:20pm On Jun 27, 2011
i wish i can switch off this TV and hear the result later embarassed.
ohhhh 4-2. peace!
Re: Tennis: Wimbledon 2011 by Nobody: 8:23pm On Jun 27, 2011
Nadal takes third set 7-6 (4)

A-40:

that's why he is number 1 in the world. You cant win that many grand slams without good footwork. The best tennis players are those with excellent attack AND DEFENCE (you need footwork here).
Re: Tennis: Wimbledon 2011 by question(m): 8:29pm On Jun 27, 2011
davidylan:

that's why he is number 1 in the world. You cant win that many grand slams without good footwork. The best tennis players are those with excellent attack AND DEFENCE (you need footwork here).
Some people's adrenalin will soon be running wild.
Re: Tennis: Wimbledon 2011 by Iysayah(m): 8:32pm On Jun 27, 2011
A-40:

davidylan:

but he's injured that left foot, thats why it would be difficult for him to win tonight, though nothing should be taken from Del he's been amazing and that giant serve of his.
Re: Tennis: Wimbledon 2011 by Iysayah(m): 8:34pm On Jun 27, 2011
Yes! Fed won grin grin 1 peace, 1 to go! smiley
Re: Tennis: Wimbledon 2011 by Nobody: 8:45pm On Jun 27, 2011
Finally! Rafa breaks serve after over 2 hrs!
Re: Tennis: Wimbledon 2011 by Iysayah(m): 8:47pm On Jun 27, 2011
Finally! grin grin some peace!
Re: Tennis: Wimbledon 2011 by Nobody: 8:49pm On Jun 27, 2011
Not yet uhuru. Rafa is notorious for dropping serve right back.
Re: Tennis: Wimbledon 2011 by question(m): 8:50pm On Jun 27, 2011
Tough match for Nadal.
Del petro is GOOD but @ 4th set, he is showing signs of tiredness.
Nadal still kicking strong.
Re: Tennis: Wimbledon 2011 by Iysayah(m): 8:53pm On Jun 27, 2011
davidylan:

Not yet uhuru. Rafa is notorious for dropping serve right back.
he is still doing good! hopefully he ends this soon.
Re: Tennis: Wimbledon 2011 by Iysayah(m): 8:58pm On Jun 27, 2011
question:

Tough match for Nadal.

Rafa is a[b] BULL[/b], wonder how he's got so much strenght. Did you see him walk to the line while Del was still relaxing in the 3rd set?
Re: Tennis: Wimbledon 2011 by Nobody: 9:02pm On Jun 27, 2011
question:

Tough match for Nadal.

Fitness is a key part of the game. Djokovic and Murray were always dangerous floaters, the minute they improved their fitness they became genuine contenders. Federer can comfortably play 6 sets with no probs.
Re: Tennis: Wimbledon 2011 by question(m): 9:06pm On Jun 27, 2011
vamos rafa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Tennis: Wimbledon 2011 by Nobody: 9:07pm On Jun 27, 2011
why i love mens tennis, the top dogs ALWAYS deliver.
Re: Tennis: Wimbledon 2011 by Iysayah(m): 9:10pm On Jun 27, 2011
davidylan:

why i love mens tennis, the top dogs ALWAYS deliver.
yeah! Rafa the bull deserves the victory!
the Ladies fumble the most when you expect them to get through and amazingly to one unseeded player.
Re: Tennis: Wimbledon 2011 by A40(m): 9:13pm On Jun 27, 2011
Nadal go need Alabunkun after This game. Game set match Nadal
Re: Tennis: Wimbledon 2011 by question(m): 9:57pm On Jun 27, 2011
harmeenut:

It's looking like Serena comeback might be ended too soon. Bartoli is on fire and the long absence is taking its toll on Serena
Bartoli was d bomb. Aggressive and Hyperactive
Love the way she bounces the ball before serving
Re: Tennis: Wimbledon 2011 by A40(m): 10:35pm On Jun 27, 2011
Caroline Wozniacki na Fraud. How is a number one player so consistent at failing to get to semis of grand slams never mind actually winning
Re: Tennis: Wimbledon 2011 by Nobody: 10:48pm On Jun 27, 2011
A-40:

Caroline Wozniacki na Fraud. How is a number one player so consistent at failing to get to semis of grand slams never mind actually winning

I guess by winning as many tiny tournaments as possible.
Re: Tennis: Wimbledon 2011 by A40(m): 11:44pm On Jun 27, 2011
davidylan:

His endurance is Demonic. He could play all night!! Me I no fit carry my woman near am tho.

That Wozniacki is just disgracing everyone whose ever been Number one
Re: Tennis: Wimbledon 2011 by Nobody: 12:04am On Jun 28, 2011
A-40:

That Wozniacki is just disgracing everyone whose ever been Number one

She's far better than Jankovic, at least she wins some titles.
Re: Tennis: Wimbledon 2011 by mamagee3(f): 12:08am On Jun 28, 2011
^^Are you kidding me?

Wozniacki wins titles but she's nowhere to be found in the majors unlike Serena Williams during her days as number one.

She didn't even win the U.S. Open last year, Kim Clijsters did. Not even the French Open.

Why exactly is she number one? I don't get it! undecided
Re: Tennis: Wimbledon 2011 by A40(m): 12:42am On Jun 28, 2011
Ola-Ray:

Narvatilova is on 18, Steffi Graff is on 22, Serena is on 13, a full fit Serena could easily win both Australia and Wimbledon, French! well she could kiss that one good bye, the US Open well Kim normally stands in her way, She could easily surpass both Evert and Martina
U have to factor her power game makes her injury prone. Plus she always has trouble with Clijsters nd Henin especially me I won't class her with the Great Steffi Graf nd neither Navratilova perhaps Seles prior to her unfortunate stabbing but as far as this era circa 2000 till date Serena is light years ahead
Re: Tennis: Wimbledon 2011 by harmeenut: 10:12am On Jun 28, 2011
A-40:

U have to factor her power game makes her injury prone. Plus she always has trouble with Clijsters nd Henin especially me I won't class her with the Great Steffi Graf nd neither Navratilova perhaps Seles prior to her unfortunate stabbing but as far as this era circa 2000 till date Serena is light years ahead

I guess it's the same aggressive style that makes Nadal Injury prone. I can't remember the last time Federer was out of action for up t o 6 months but the advantage Nadal has is that he makes use of his comeback effectively unlike Serena. Of all the present crop, she seems to be the one to go far even though I wont rate higher than my favourite - Martina Hingis
Re: Tennis: Wimbledon 2011 by babyboy3(m): 10:16am On Jun 28, 2011

Her main head-ache has been Henin, but Henin is more geared to the clay court! and that Ghost has been buried! Steffi Graff had no competition most especially when Sele's got stabbed (Novotna, Sanchez or Muscle woman Mary Jo were no competition), Martina was all about power just like venus and had no rival the moment Evert disappeared from the scene! Serena covers more ground when playing than Graff, Martina or Seles put together when playing, Yes she hits the ball harder as well, I would like to see how everyone from BJ King to Steffi Graff would perform during in this era, knowing that Venus serves sometimes at 135 mph with a lighter ball than the one used in the 90's
Re: Tennis: Wimbledon 2011 by babyboy3(m): 10:24am On Jun 28, 2011
I guess it's the same aggressive style that makes Nadal Injury prone. I can't remember the last time Federer was out of action for up t o 6 months but the advantage Nadal has is that he makes use of his comeback effectively unlike Serena. Of all the present crop, she seems to be the one to go far even though I wont rate higher than my favourite - Martina Hingis

I do agree I feel Nadal would retire earlier than expected because he does put his body on the line, its like he wants to take tennis into the Colossium or a fighting arena, But Serena is not agreessive she only hits the ball very hard,
Re: Tennis: Wimbledon 2011 by Nobody: 11:25am On Jun 28, 2011
baby-boy:

I do agree I feel Nadal would retire earlier than expected because he does put his body on the line, its like he wants to take tennis into the Colossium or a fighting arena, But Serena is not agreessive she only hits the ball very hard,
hahahahahahhaa true dat. A very good and talented player but I fear he will have load of injuries.

But I pray the lord keep him strong cus if he stop playing, I will stop watching tennis. tongue
Re: Tennis: Wimbledon 2011 by RuuDie(m): 11:43am On Jun 28, 2011
baby-boy:

Nah. . . .just usual youthful exuberance; as he ages, he'll learn and settle into the more graceful, less aggressive side of the game!
Re: Tennis: Wimbledon 2011 by member67023: 2:44pm On Jun 28, 2011
rokiatu:

hahahahahahhaa true dat. A very good and talented player but I fear he will have load of injuries.

But I pray the lord keep him strong cus if he stop playing, I will stop watching tennis. tongue
Nadal has trailer loads of injuries cos of his pattern of play and die hard, never-give-up spirit. He is fighting to retain his chieftancy title as World Number 1.

Well, soldier come soldier go. Top seed is nobody's birthright.

It happened to all former #1s (borg, boris baker, pete sampras, even Federer).

As soon as old hands start getting tired, rusty and worn out, younger ones quickly step up and take over.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Tips180.com / How To Win Bets Using The Over 1.5 Goals Soccer Trading Strategy / Things Keshi Should Learn From Kenya's Match

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.