Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,015 members, 7,835,439 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:16 AM

Choosing Between My Career As A Boxer Or Graduating For My Degree - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Choosing Between My Career As A Boxer Or Graduating For My Degree (12535 Views)

Should I Join Police Or Continue With My Degree / Choosing Between Fg Job And Coca-cola Job / How To Build A Successful Career As A Data Scientist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Choosing Between My Career As A Boxer Or Graduating For My Degree by Satan01(m): 5:58pm On Jan 19, 2022
sad
Re: Choosing Between My Career As A Boxer Or Graduating For My Degree by tommy589(m): 5:58pm On Jan 19, 2022
Face your book or you end up like those older boxers you regularly see. They may not tell you, but they regret pursuing a professional boxing career in Nigeria.
Continue training,but you know getting into the national team or represent your school in international competitions offers a better chance as an amateur,and through that you may get scouts from another country that offers you a better life. Even in USA, the chance of having a glorious professional boxing career is 50/50

2 Likes

Re: Choosing Between My Career As A Boxer Or Graduating For My Degree by bmdmix11: 5:58pm On Jan 19, 2022
do both
Re: Choosing Between My Career As A Boxer Or Graduating For My Degree by 15ssDRIVE(m): 5:59pm On Jan 19, 2022
School good oh,go help with your boxing things later.

Hang with people with bigger dreams and who also out their words to actions oh.

You are so close to the cash.
Re: Choosing Between My Career As A Boxer Or Graduating For My Degree by AutoChick4U(f): 5:59pm On Jan 19, 2022
Promise47:
Okay thank you
follow your dreams
Re: Choosing Between My Career As A Boxer Or Graduating For My Degree by seunayantokun(m): 6:01pm On Jan 19, 2022
A popular saying in Yoruba is that fighting doesn't bring wealth. So, avoid boxing. Lol.

Seriously speaking, it all depends on your passion and vision.
Re: Choosing Between My Career As A Boxer Or Graduating For My Degree by xandy84: 6:01pm On Jan 19, 2022
Boxing is just like any career. US government never made Mayweather rich and there are thousands of amateur boxers in America that are homeless. Sometimes, we all need God and element of luck In what we do... Eleda mason

tgmservice:
Boxing in Naija no be Mayweather things oooooo.

Better hunger dey wire dem.

Our Government don't just care

2 Likes

Re: Choosing Between My Career As A Boxer Or Graduating For My Degree by iCauseTrouble: 6:04pm On Jan 19, 2022
IgiveLadiesBj:
Oga watch this video from the Champ himself...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fidGQHtixI

Be guided.

Cc: Icausetrouble
No vex. I don watch am. The champion has said it all.
Cc: IgiveLadiesBj
Re: Choosing Between My Career As A Boxer Or Graduating For My Degree by Bahamas95(m): 6:04pm On Jan 19, 2022
I heard the guy who sang school na scam is a graduate o.........OP be wise.

You still got age on your side, complete your education first......My friend in school is also an amateur boxer like you, he had this same problem but I advised him to finish school first which he did. We are preparing for IT now. Boxing nor go run leave you if passionate about it.

2 Likes

Re: Choosing Between My Career As A Boxer Or Graduating For My Degree by xandy84: 6:05pm On Jan 19, 2022
@OP, please never make the mistake of not finishing your degree cos of amateur boxing. Finish your degree and give your career a go and if it work out, you are good and if not, you have a degree to fall back on. If you did not finish your degree, go for boxing and things did not turn out right, you will fall on your face bro..

4 Likes

Re: Choosing Between My Career As A Boxer Or Graduating For My Degree by IgiveLadiesBj(m): 6:05pm On Jan 19, 2022
iCauseTrouble:

No be by watching. Dem no dey beat champion?
Lol, you no watch the video
Re: Choosing Between My Career As A Boxer Or Graduating For My Degree by Jaqenhghar: 6:06pm On Jan 19, 2022
WoundedLamb:
It's sad you have to chose between the two. Which one can you easily refocus on after finishing the other? I'd say you finish your program and give boxing another go. If you're good and passionate about it, your trainers would still want you in thier team.

Francophones in the house, how do you say "reprendre" in English?
The problem is by the time he finishes his studies he will be so out of shape, getting back to his former form will be almost impossible
Re: Choosing Between My Career As A Boxer Or Graduating For My Degree by Carlylepneuma: 6:06pm On Jan 19, 2022
My men finish ur degree first before u venture into a full career boxer, some of those white guys u see fighting in d ring they are college graduate... even not for anything ma men do it as a fall back plan... because finally not everybody make it in that game u know?
Re: Choosing Between My Career As A Boxer Or Graduating For My Degree by SATANTHEBOSSS: 6:07pm On Jan 19, 2022
School na scam. U will end up like chibudollar or BigCowH0rn aka obamamessi that are armrobbers
Re: Choosing Between My Career As A Boxer Or Graduating For My Degree by Nobody: 6:08pm On Jan 19, 2022
Focus on finishing up your first degree then go to boxing, if you even have a promising career in the first place. Boxing for this country no be beans, na beta hunger dey wire their belle. angry
Re: Choosing Between My Career As A Boxer Or Graduating For My Degree by Idzitari1(m): 6:08pm On Jan 19, 2022
If u ar really that good in boxing u can scout for sponsorship abroad with video evidence while still running ur program
Re: Choosing Between My Career As A Boxer Or Graduating For My Degree by victorazy(m): 6:08pm On Jan 19, 2022
Promise47:
Hello Nairaland
Good morning to everyone.

My name is Promise I'm in my mid 20s. currently I have graduated but still having some outstanding courses (full session) .

I graduated from one of the state university.

My problem is that I'm an Amateur boxer (Paramount king boxing) Lagos and still need to clear my courses before I can take my results. Things haven't been going well with me, the people training me in boxing has told me to choose between my Career in boxing and the school I'm going ( because it's really affecting me I can't go to training anymore) .

I don't know what to do should I just leave this degree and focus on my boxing career ( may be I may travel abroad when opportunity comes) or should I finish my school because this degree has been drawing me back ward(since 2015 I was suspended and I came back in 2019 ) now I graduated but I'm still owing my school delsu (9 outstanding courses) .

I'm really suffering because my parents don't have much, but they are still struggling to make sure I go.

I'm really tired.

please I need advice. please u can insult me but I also advice me thank you I'm the first son I have two sisters.

Finish your school bro!
Re: Choosing Between My Career As A Boxer Or Graduating For My Degree by WoundedLamb: 6:09pm On Jan 19, 2022
Jaqenhghar:

The problem is by the time he f8n8shed his studies he will be so out of shape? Getting back to his former form will be almost impossible

I think staying in shape while in school something he can achieve. He doesn't need his trainers for that bit. We have students that are very much in shape. It all depends on how passionate he is about boxing and what he's willing to do to make his dream come true.

1 Like

Re: Choosing Between My Career As A Boxer Or Graduating For My Degree by davosky3: 6:09pm On Jan 19, 2022
Finish your school, look for money travel abroad for masters then continue your boxing career from there

1 Like

Re: Choosing Between My Career As A Boxer Or Graduating For My Degree by Nobody: 6:10pm On Jan 19, 2022
Focus on finishing up your first degree then go to boxing, that is if you even have a promising career in the first place. Boxing for this country no be beans, na beta hunger dey wire their belle. angry

1 Like

Re: Choosing Between My Career As A Boxer Or Graduating For My Degree by sparta191(m): 6:11pm On Jan 19, 2022
You’ve given academic studies seven years already. Personally I think it’s time to forge a new career path. Give it your best and I hope your chi says yes to your devotion
Re: Choosing Between My Career As A Boxer Or Graduating For My Degree by porthouse7(f): 6:13pm On Jan 19, 2022
boxing is not lucrative in nigeria, go see them at d stadium, u wil change ur mind, but if u find urself for better country i will advise i to go into boxing as strong naija guy
Re: Choosing Between My Career As A Boxer Or Graduating For My Degree by Nobody: 6:16pm On Jan 19, 2022
Promise47:

please I need advice. please u can insult me but I also advice me thank you I'm the first son I have two sisters.

Lol at the insult grin

As a mum, I'd advice you to get your degree. If you quit education, and the boxing doesn't work out, what would you do?

2 Likes

Re: Choosing Between My Career As A Boxer Or Graduating For My Degree by Blexino(f): 6:16pm On Jan 19, 2022
Re: Choosing Between My Career As A Boxer Or Graduating For My Degree by Digmygold: 6:20pm On Jan 19, 2022
If you are still "owing" 9 courses then you have not GRADUATED. Go back, get your degree. It will be with you for life and you can always fall back on it if wrestling fails.

1 Like

Re: Choosing Between My Career As A Boxer Or Graduating For My Degree by na2016: 6:20pm On Jan 19, 2022
You are almost there. Get your degree. You are not a footballer that I say you can easily be signed by a club outside. Boxing is nothing in Naija oo. Ask where is Samuel Peters oo, if not for the USA, that man would be pushing a wheelbarrow now in Naija to eat.
Re: Choosing Between My Career As A Boxer Or Graduating For My Degree by MzBertty(f): 6:22pm On Jan 19, 2022
I finished from Deslu and I know what it is to have carry over courses,,,u know attendance is compulsory too!!! It's wont be a easy ride tho...Think well before selecting
Re: Choosing Between My Career As A Boxer Or Graduating For My Degree by babsthegreat: 6:22pm On Jan 19, 2022
Both are important both boxing is good if you have the strength to endure and finishing your degree is. Key too because boxing is for a while because by the age of 38 you are already talking about retirement so when you get to 40 you should be retired then you may now have to fall back to your degree as a career
Re: Choosing Between My Career As A Boxer Or Graduating For My Degree by stoics00: 6:22pm On Jan 19, 2022
In life you need two options if the first fail you can go back to the second one. Life is never easy those who wants it easy never get it but those who get it never understand why others don’t getting forgetting that whatever you want to do in life you will suffer so much for it and sometimes you are always on the brink. I know it is hard but if you give it all your best maybe both will pay off and you can even use your educational knowledge to better enhance you boxing development. No knowledge is waste the only regret is if you end up needing what you thought was not important.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Choosing Between My Career As A Boxer Or Graduating For My Degree by JayPeeOham: 6:23pm On Jan 19, 2022
You can have a degree in your career as a boxer..... only if you understand what I said or typed though! grin
Re: Choosing Between My Career As A Boxer Or Graduating For My Degree by Privatejetpastor: 6:25pm On Jan 19, 2022
Our Government don't just care[/quote]
It's not about government, it's about sponsors and audience.
Re: Choosing Between My Career As A Boxer Or Graduating For My Degree by ayandee: 6:26pm On Jan 19, 2022
WoundedLamb:
It's sad you have to chose between the two. Which one can you easily refocus on after finishing the other? I'd say you finish your program and give boxing another go. If you're good and passionate about it, your trainers would still want you in thier team.

Francophones in the house, how do you say "reprendre" in English?
Reprendre = resume
S

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Where Can I Get Instrumentation And Control Training / 5 Common Mistakes Made In Resume Writing / Pls My Friend Needs Advice. He Was Paid Half Salary.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.