Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,229 members, 7,836,108 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:50 PM

"I Thought Policeman Who Shot Me Was Joking When He Cocked His Gun" - Victim - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / "I Thought Policeman Who Shot Me Was Joking When He Cocked His Gun" - Victim (48277 Views)

Delta Police Arrest Man Who Shot 11-year-boy Dead While Testing His Gun (Pics) / Angela Okorie: How Hired Assassins Shot Me (Graphic Video) / Sergeant Lanre Sanusi Killed (Policeman Who Tracked & Arrested Evans) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "I Thought Policeman Who Shot Me Was Joking When He Cocked His Gun" - Victim by Pio44: 5:39am On Jan 23, 2022
When I die, sure Heaven for Nigerian civilian we don suffer,

1 Like

Re: "I Thought Policeman Who Shot Me Was Joking When He Cocked His Gun" - Victim by Richy4(m): 5:45am On Jan 23, 2022
I don't just like police... But one can tell that this man was lying sha...
He indeed disrespected the police officer...
If u were stopped by a police officer, the first thing to do was to switch off your Radio so u can hear, bring down your window to know what he/ she wanted...

An average Nigerian man is totally aggressive... The way he was talking to this reporter, assuming he used that same tone, I don't think there would be a problem...

Indeed police officers needed reorientation and training on how to handle humans in more respectful manner in Nigeria...

4 Likes

Re: "I Thought Policeman Who Shot Me Was Joking When He Cocked His Gun" - Victim by hollywater: 5:49am On Jan 23, 2022
Pauladex:
One million way to die in Nigeria
I tell you.
Re: "I Thought Policeman Who Shot Me Was Joking When He Cocked His Gun" - Victim by Peerlessme(f): 5:55am On Jan 23, 2022
Polici again
Re: "I Thought Policeman Who Shot Me Was Joking When He Cocked His Gun" - Victim by faceland: 5:56am On Jan 23, 2022
he was just minding his business, now he is part of the news
Re: "I Thought Policeman Who Shot Me Was Joking When He Cocked His Gun" - Victim by faceland: 5:58am On Jan 23, 2022
Richy4:
I don't just like police... But one can tell that this man was lying sha...
He indeed disrespected the police officer...
If u were stopped by a police officer, the first thing to do was to switch off your Radio so u can hear, bring down your window to know what he/ she wanted...

An average Nigerian man is totally aggressive... The way he was talking to this reporter, assuming he used that same tone, I don't think there would be a problem...

Indeed police officers needed reorientation and training on how to handle humans in more respectful manner in Nigeria...

only one person fired and it was mutiple shot (so the fool didn't even know how to aim).
Re: "I Thought Policeman Who Shot Me Was Joking When He Cocked His Gun" - Victim by Truvelisback(m): 6:01am On Jan 23, 2022
This is what happens when u give mad men guns to handle.
Re: "I Thought Policeman Who Shot Me Was Joking When He Cocked His Gun" - Victim by Tumbulum: 6:06am On Jan 23, 2022
post=109609560:
Is the animal of a cop dead yet ?
let them give you for your grill right?

1 Like

Re: "I Thought Policeman Who Shot Me Was Joking When He Cocked His Gun" - Victim by Richy4(m): 6:12am On Jan 23, 2022
faceland:

only one person fired and it was mutiple shot (so the fool didn't even know how to aim).

the Officer needed his head examined because u can't just aim at a defenceless person just like that...

The victim has No weapon... Nothing.. just shot him in the @ss which means he turned his back on the officers...

That man has 50% of the blame as well.. Polite and well mannered Nigerian male citizens is always mistaken for weak men by the society...It was always when they were explaining what happened u will see an element of meekness in them... I don't know if it was to draw more sympathy or something...
Though the story sounds strange..

1 Like

Re: "I Thought Policeman Who Shot Me Was Joking When He Cocked His Gun" - Victim by samwash(m): 6:14am On Jan 23, 2022
Well, I don't believe this story,he truck driver is trying to cover up something.
A typical Nigeria policeman will stop you, because you didn't wind down the window will just shot at up like that. Maybe the police officer would have demanded something & the truck driver had a little argument with him.
Well they are all vampire in uniform.
Re: "I Thought Policeman Who Shot Me Was Joking When He Cocked His Gun" - Victim by jaxxy(m): 6:14am On Jan 23, 2022
So the police allowed smaller cars to pass means he shouldn’t stop and search ur trailer?? U are comparing ur possible contraband carrying trailer to small vehicles that they can glance into and see the occupants??

Then the police approached u and spoke calmly u cudnt wind down and respond properly? Sometimes we behave anyhow and expect the other person to treat us better. Bt How is that possible?

I don’t support the reckless shooting bt it cud all have been prevented if u behaved like a normal responsibile citizen.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "I Thought Policeman Who Shot Me Was Joking When He Cocked His Gun" - Victim by HonestFriend: 6:18am On Jan 23, 2022
I trust d truck driver... Soon he run over that officer.

That officer never see anything...
Re: "I Thought Policeman Who Shot Me Was Joking When He Cocked His Gun" - Victim by JooEeL(m): 6:21am On Jan 23, 2022
Black man carry gun, u think say na joke?

What was the #EndSARS all about?

I'm sure people like u were the ones inside your homes labeling those-- hoodlums protesting for the safety of people like you in the future.

1 Like

Re: "I Thought Policeman Who Shot Me Was Joking When He Cocked His Gun" - Victim by Opeyemic01: 6:34am On Jan 23, 2022
[/b]My prayer is that God should heal me, grant me quick recovery and for the officer (Ishaku), I know he did not do this to me intentionally. I want everybody to calm down. I know God will heal me as quickly as possible[b].

This part touched me the most, despite what the rogue police officer did to him, he still defended him. This is humanity at work on the part of the driver, but government should make sure the officer is dismissed and punished.
Re: "I Thought Policeman Who Shot Me Was Joking When He Cocked His Gun" - Victim by DarkJeddi(m): 6:35am On Jan 23, 2022
Kosoco:
At least he didn't ask you for Money....
So shooting him was better?

A Policeman who goes about shooting at civilians..

For not winding down their vehicle glasses..

Should be applauded?
Re: "I Thought Policeman Who Shot Me Was Joking When He Cocked His Gun" - Victim by UnitedFront: 6:36am On Jan 23, 2022
Oppy2k2:
This is one of the reasons I can't waste my RIP on any uniform man.
Pauladex:
One million way to die in Nigeria
doggedfighter:
Useless police force.

I don't think the driver did well, not that the policeman should have shot him either. Why wouldn't he roll down his glass to respond to the police at the checkpoint? Very disrespectful. Even in USA, you can't do that to police
Re: "I Thought Policeman Who Shot Me Was Joking When He Cocked His Gun" - Victim by Ibaaboy(m): 6:37am On Jan 23, 2022
relaxandsmile:

That is why you should know that the citizens like peace,but those in authority need violence to use it as a bait to loot.
Imagine if the other truck drivers decided to go violent, another security budget to loot.
I have said it times without numbers that the only means of looting by these uniform men in a democracy is to cause unrest.
If they eventually come to power today (God forbid) all these insecurities will end immediately, because there is now a free treasury in their hands.

You dey vision how u take know. Its the truth jare

1 Like

Re: "I Thought Policeman Who Shot Me Was Joking When He Cocked His Gun" - Victim by Sheriman(m): 6:38am On Jan 23, 2022
If you are a Nigerian Police on this forum can you see what your colleague have done? Continue ooo!!
Re: "I Thought Policeman Who Shot Me Was Joking When He Cocked His Gun" - Victim by Unrated900(m): 6:38am On Jan 23, 2022
We all knew that 70% of Nigerian police are useless
But this man story also is a big lie.

The police begin to shoot at us.

Meaning he was shouting sporadically at you

And you face him and one hit you.

If the man was shooting at u guys as u claimed

U go don die.
Re: "I Thought Policeman Who Shot Me Was Joking When He Cocked His Gun" - Victim by Jaqenhghar: 6:41am On Jan 23, 2022
Where are those monkeys who often come with words of wisdom to tell you how you should beg and roll all over the floor when you see unifomred men?
I wonder what they have to say about this case.
Re: "I Thought Policeman Who Shot Me Was Joking When He Cocked His Gun" - Victim by Jaqenhghar: 6:43am On Jan 23, 2022
jaxxy:
So the police allowed smaller cars to pass means he shouldn’t stop and search ur trailer?? U are comparing ur possible contraband carrying trailer to small vehicles that they can glance into and see the occupants??

Then the police approached u and spoke calmly u cudnt wind down and respond properly? Sometimes we behave anyhow and expect the other person to treat us better. Bt How is that possible?

I don’t support the reckless shooting bt it cud all have been prevented if u behaved like a normal responsibile citizen.
You dont support it but you are in the same sentence justifying it. SMH
Re: "I Thought Policeman Who Shot Me Was Joking When He Cocked His Gun" - Victim by Jaqenhghar: 6:47am On Jan 23, 2022
samwash:
Well, I don't believe this story,he truck driver is trying to cover up something.
A typical Nigeria policeman will stop you, because you didn't wind down the window will just shot at up like that. Maybe the police officer would have demanded something & the truck driver had a little argument with him.
Well they are all vampire in uniform.
You dint believe this story even after all the proven horror stories of what uniformed men do. Then you contradict yourself by calling them vampires. This "it didnt happen to me so e no concern me" is what remains a problem in that shithole.
Re: "I Thought Policeman Who Shot Me Was Joking When He Cocked His Gun" - Victim by KosiGee(m): 6:50am On Jan 23, 2022
Police man was reckless and unprofessional but this driver should’ve known better. Mr driver was rude…yes he was rude. Some one was outside there in the cold for heavens knows how long. He stopped your vehicle, approached you but you chose to ignore him when he asked you questions.
Why not wind down your window? You were cold?? That was the reason you couldn’t and didn’t wind down and window and at least say a simply ‘Goodmorning or good afternoon officer’…..how difficult was that?

Nothing justifies the violent action of the policeman but com on….mr Abdullahi should’ve responded differently and more respectful. He ignored the policeman and also didn’t wind down when he was approached.
Re: "I Thought Policeman Who Shot Me Was Joking When He Cocked His Gun" - Victim by meobizy(f): 6:50am On Jan 23, 2022
He learned a valuable lesson that day; policemen are not to be trifled with. Those drunks will take your life and claim accidental discharge under oath.
Re: "I Thought Policeman Who Shot Me Was Joking When He Cocked His Gun" - Victim by jaxxy(m): 6:53am On Jan 23, 2022
Jaqenhghar:

You dont support it but you are in the same sentence justifying it. SMH

I’m not justifying it. I condemn both of them bt the driver was the 1st to misbehave and I explained how we prevent such unnecessary issues.
Re: "I Thought Policeman Who Shot Me Was Joking When He Cocked His Gun" - Victim by Nobody: 6:55am On Jan 23, 2022
doggedfighter:
Useless police force.

Those are not policemen but criminals in uniform, many police check points in Nigeria are manned by criminals wearing police uniform.
Re: "I Thought Policeman Who Shot Me Was Joking When He Cocked His Gun" - Victim by Doracity82(m): 6:56am On Jan 23, 2022
1vugner0:
SINGLE TWO-ODD. 100% FIXED .
PAYMENT AFTER WINNING;
WHATS-AP;

0 8 1 7 9 1 4 6 0 3 4
Sell your Papa house and land, use the money play it. Or you don't want to be rich.

1 Like

Re: "I Thought Policeman Who Shot Me Was Joking When He Cocked His Gun" - Victim by adecz: 6:57am On Jan 23, 2022
The policemen in the NE Boko Haram
theatre are doing a dangerous work and
securing the road for you to do your
transportation business & you are feeling too big to wind down your window to answer
him, because of cold.❌❌

So, they that are out in the cold aren't
human beings❓☹️☹️

Some of these northern trailer drivers
are very stubborn and reckless. You can
take example from the notorious Dangote
truck drivers.

Though I'm not supporting the police for shooting him, his approach & behavior
triggered the unfortunate action. Who
knows whether he even threatened the
policeman..☹️☹️☹️☹️
Re: "I Thought Policeman Who Shot Me Was Joking When He Cocked His Gun" - Victim by Psoul(m): 7:00am On Jan 23, 2022
LordVoldermort:
Surprised he didn't suddenly start blaming the fulani government for being so wicked and tribalist maybe he could also add a few Buhari insults...

He didn't even curse the police officer that shot him.

Silly and very irresponsible comment.
Re: "I Thought Policeman Who Shot Me Was Joking When He Cocked His Gun" - Victim by Southernigbo: 7:01am On Jan 23, 2022
that police is no more civil, he shd be upgraded to fight bandits n vicious animals

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Jukun Militants Attack Farmers In Taraba (Graphic Photos) / 3 Men Arrested In Zaria For Kidnapping Their Neighbor's 4-Year-Old Son / Policeman Caught On Camera Taking Bribe In Lagos (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.